PDA

View Full Version : Father Disowns Homophobic Daughter in Epic Letter

gts
10-03-2013, 11:41 AM
Today in awesome parenting news: A father, who learned that his daughter disowned his grandson because he was gay, responded in the most amazing way.

[I]Dear Christine,

I

rezznor
10-03-2013, 12:04 PM
[QUOTE=gts][I]Dear Christine,

I

TylerOO
10-03-2013, 12:09 PM
What a ***

tmacattack33
10-03-2013, 12:13 PM
Well good.

I mean damn, if you're own mom doesn't support you that's gotta suck. It sounds like the grandfather is going to take the son into his home though and that's good.

2LeTTeRS
10-03-2013, 12:26 PM
Support everything he said, except the "he was born gay" non-sense.

dr.hee
10-03-2013, 12:28 PM

What are your reasons for that?

kentatm
10-03-2013, 12:36 PM

:biggums:

you think its a choice who you are attracted to?

dr.hee
10-03-2013, 12:39 PM

Yeah, doesn't even really matter what he thinks in that case. It's not a choice, end of story. You can choose to act against your nature ( I could marry a dude even though I'm straight and vice versa), but who you're attracted to in the first place is not a choice.

2LeTTeRS
10-03-2013, 12:42 PM

Nope, but I do think its a choice to act on it though. When a person is involved in several fights do we excuse it because he was born overly aggressive; or do we look at morbidly obese people and excuse him gorging himself because he has an overactive appetite? I see this as similar.

travelingman
10-03-2013, 12:42 PM

You've just set yourself up for one helluva (weak) point to defend.

oh the horror
10-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Nope, but I do think its a choice to act on it though. When a person is involved in several fights do we excuse it because he was born overly aggressive; or do we look at morbidly obese people and excuse him gorging himself because he has an overactive appetite? I see this as similar.

This is one of those opinions that you just nod, say okay and walk away.

Is He Ill
10-03-2013, 12:46 PM
"I now have a fabulous (as the gays put it) grandson to raise..."

:oldlol:

dr.hee
10-03-2013, 12:53 PM

What a stupid post. If you have the urge to play devil's advocate, it should be done with at least a minimum of intelligence...which you aren't capable of apparently. You're talking about finding "excuses" for certain actions. Why would someone need an excuse for being gay? What the hell is your point?

2LeTTeRS
10-03-2013, 01:01 PM
What a stupid post. If you have the urge to play devil's advocate, it should be done with at least a minimum of intelligence...which you aren't capable of apparently. You're talking about finding "excuses" for certain actions. Why would someone need an excuse for being gay? What the hell is your point?

You tell me, seems that in modern times anyone who doesn't buy in to the campaign that homosexuality is "acceptable" or "right" is persecuted. Seeing that he vast majority of the populous is still straight (last I checked) I just wonder why people are silenced by the fear of being branded a homophobe.

Now I want to re-state that I have nothing wrong with the young man in this article or any others choosing a different lifestyle, but I do have a problem with the fact that you can't voice the fact that think differently without being automatically considered anti-gay.

Just2McFly
10-03-2013, 01:02 PM
i guess im definitely more old school than grandpa, the only family business i should ever hear is kanye's song. keep everything in house

travelingman
10-03-2013, 01:04 PM
You tell me, seems that in modern times anyone who doesn't buy in to the campaign that homosexuality is not "acceptable" or "right" is persecuted, and the vast majority of the populous is too scared that they will be branded a homophobe to combat it.

I have nothing wrong with people choosing a different lifestyle, but I do have a problem that if you voice the fact that think differently you are automatically considered anti-gay.

Or that if you believe in segregation that you are somehow racist! The nerve of some people!

Is He Ill
10-03-2013, 01:11 PM
You tell me, seems that in modern times anyone who doesn't buy in to the campaign that homosexuality is "acceptable" or "right" is persecuted.

I think that being black is neither acceptable or right, but don't call me a anti-black. I have the right to voice stupid opinions, but you don't have the right to call me out on them.

Just2McFly
10-03-2013, 01:12 PM
I think that being black is neither acceptable or right, but don't call me a anti-black. I have the right to voice stupid opinions, but you don't have the right to call me out on them.
now lets get a third person on this.... this is really working wonders:applause:

Is He Ill
10-03-2013, 01:18 PM
"Zach, I was surprised by your Facebook post where you came out. I want you to know that I love you unconditionally. I love you with my actions, not just my words. I'm so proud of you. You are the bravest person I know. I'll fight for you always. Your sexual orientation does not define you. You are still the boy who forever won my heart. The only thing that concerns me is the number of empty soda cups and tea bottles in your room. Throw them away before ants come inside. I love you always, Mom."

What a sweet mom.

2LeTTeRS
10-03-2013, 01:26 PM

Maybe "acceptable" wasn't the right word; but I stand by the usage of the word "right." Sex was meant to be the vehicle for procreation and sex between people of the same sex does not allow for that.

Again not trying to be controversial and have nothing against gays; but mass acceptance of the "people are born that way" sentiment just bothers me.

Trollsmasher
10-03-2013, 01:31 PM
Maybe "acceptable" wasn't the right word; but I stand by the usage of the word "right." Sex was meant to be the vehicle for procreation and sex between people of the same sex does not allow for that.

Again not trying to be controversial and have nothing against gays; but mass acceptance of the "people are born that way" sentiment just bothers me.
This. Procreation is the first and most important instinct. Anything that does not fit is unnatural.

rezznor
10-03-2013, 01:34 PM
This. Procreation is the first and most important instinct. Anything that does not fit is unnatural.
so everytime you are having sex you are trying to make babies. otherwise, it's unnatural. got it.

also, blow jobs are unnatural. hand jobs are unnatural. @nal sex is unnatural. m@sturbation is unnatural. birth control is unnatural.

Is He Ill
10-03-2013, 01:35 PM

I figured it was just poorly worded because it seemed like you switched your argument since your first post. You went from saying you believe that people aren't born gay, to defending those who think that being gay is not "acceptable." If a person thinks that being gay is not acceptable, I would definitely consider them to be anti-gay.

Jailblazers7
10-03-2013, 01:35 PM

I just don't really get why the procreation angle even matters anymore. It is not as if the human species is fighting for survival and needs every healthy man and woman to procreate.

I get why people who are devout (which I don't know if you are) might still cling to that justification but it seems irrelevant in the context of modern society.

-p.tiddy-
10-03-2013, 01:36 PM
both fighting and obesity are harmful though...they are not similar

Is He Ill
10-03-2013, 01:36 PM

I hope that you two don't use condoms, or any other type of bc for that matter.

-p.tiddy-
10-03-2013, 01:40 PM
so everytime you are having sex you are trying to make babies. otherwise, it's unnatural. got it.

also, blow jobs are unnatural. hand jobs are unnatural. @nal sex is unnatural. m@sturbation is unnatural. birth control is unnatural.
you sure about that?

I agree with your overall message here but I'm pretty sure *********ion is a natural act...

I think NOT *********ing would be unnatural...

rezznor
10-03-2013, 01:41 PM
you sure about that?

I agree with your overall message here but I'm pretty sure *********ion is a natural act...

I think NOT *********ing would be unnatural...

just going by his theory that any sex act that is not intended for procreation is unnatural.

-p.tiddy-
10-03-2013, 01:43 PM
just going by his theory that any sex act that is not intended for procreation is unnatural.
oh gotcha

well those other things actually are "unnatural" but doesn't matter...pointless to debate I guess

ItsMillerTime
10-03-2013, 01:46 PM

Lol right? Sex isn't all about procreating. Some people have sex because they simply enjoy it. Shocking I know!

There are only a few species that have sex for pure enjoyment and humans happen to be one of them.

2LeTTeRS
10-03-2013, 01:52 PM
I figured it was just poorly worded because it seemed like you switched your argument since your first post. You went from saying you believe that people aren't born gay, to defending those who think that being gay is not "acceptable."

My apologies for that.

If a person thinks that being gay is not acceptable, I would definitely consider them to be anti-gay.

Agree with you here. To re-state it; I do not have an issue at all with people who love those that are the same sex (even voted against Amendment 1; which makes it unconstitutional to recognize or perform same-sex marriages or civil unions here in NC) and will admit that as a person who is not attracted to men and with no close friends who are gay it is difficult to place myself in their shoes -- but the sentiment that people are "born gay" has always irked me.

Not sure if I'll go this far. Procreation was obviously the original reason for sex, but since then it has come to signify a lot more than simply sustaining the race.

Trollsmasher
10-03-2013, 02:09 PM
There is a difference between not having sex with a purpose to procreate every single time and willingly never having sex with a purpose to procreate.

rezznor
10-03-2013, 02:14 PM
There is a difference between not having sex with a purpose to procreate every single time and willingly never having sex with a purpose to procreate.
you know, there are hetero couples out there that never want children...

Quizno
10-03-2013, 02:48 PM
so infertile coupled should never be allowed to have sex either?

TheReturn
10-03-2013, 03:02 PM
If gramps would be an ISH poster, I would definitely rep him.

Droid101
10-03-2013, 03:06 PM
Infertile people, old people, people who don't want kids, should never be allowed to have sex.

Got it!

-p.tiddy-
10-03-2013, 03:08 PM
but the sentiment that people are "born gay" has always irked me.

it's the truth though and there are plenty of studies that back it up...I am sure there is a small % of gays that did somehow get there by nurture and not nature but they are in the minority.

were you not "born straight"?...I know I was, I had no say in liking women...it wasn't my choice at all

read (http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/06/080616-gay-brain.html)

Trollsmasher
10-03-2013, 03:09 PM
Infertile people, old people, people who don't want kids, should never be allowed to have sex.

Got it!
The first two are natural reasons.

Only a degenerated human society would allow individuals that don't want offsprings to live. Just as it is currently promoting homosexuality as something normal.

Is He Ill
10-03-2013, 03:11 PM

Only a degenerated human society would allow individuals that don't want offsprings to live. Just as it is currently promoting homosexuality as something normal.

:facepalm

KeylessEntry
10-03-2013, 03:12 PM

:wtf:

there are plenty of straight people who never want to have kids. our degenerated society should be killing these people?

Trollsmasher
10-03-2013, 03:15 PM
The amount of the sheeps in this thread is alarming though. So many mindless trend followers:facepalm

I guess when cannibalism becomes a trend, you will support it as something people are born with too.

Is He Ill
10-03-2013, 03:16 PM
The amount of the sheeps in this thread is alarming though. So many mindless trend followers:facepalm

We're talking about human beings here, this isn't about following trends.

2LeTTeRS
10-03-2013, 03:27 PM
it's the truth though and there are plenty of studies that back it up...I am sure there is a small % of gays that did somehow get there by nurture and not nature but they are in the minority.

Not sure where you've been but almost every female I know who considers herself "gay" has children that were conceived from past relationships with men, but after becoming dissatisfied with men switched sides.

were you not "born straight"?...I know I was, I had no say in liking women...it wasn't my choice at all

read (http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/06/080616-gay-brain.html)

I agree that people have no say in who they are attracted to; but we all are responsible with how we react to those urges. I'll check your study out later (at work now); but I've seen studies take the position that sexuality was based on a genetic, hormonal and social factors as well as a combination of the 3.

However I will say that until there is a consensus in the scientific community I doubt you will change my mind.

rufuspaul
10-03-2013, 03:29 PM

You've read your catechism! :D

travelingman
10-03-2013, 03:31 PM

I guess when cannibalism becomes a trend, you will support it as something people are born with too.

You just assumed cannibalism will become a trend. By that logic, what can't you assume would become a trend?

KingBeasley08
10-03-2013, 03:51 PM
Next time I'm about to get blown o putting on a condom, I'm gonna run out and stop what I'm doing because having sex without the intent to procreate is wrong :lol

Trollsmasher
10-03-2013, 03:54 PM
Some people in this thread are really lucky that the civilization beat the natural selection:facepalm

KingBeasley08
10-03-2013, 04:02 PM
Some people in this thread are really lucky that the civilization beat the natural selection:facepalm
Truth is most people have sex without the intent to procreate. Might as well admit you screwed up Euroleague :cheers:

rezznor
10-03-2013, 04:05 PM
just because we accept gay people doesn't mean we are all gonna jump on the dick-sucking band weagon.

haaaaayyyyyyyyyyy

rezznor
10-03-2013, 04:08 PM
You've read your catechism! :D
next thing i know your gonna tell me it's not ok to hand out bukkakes and cleveland steamers!

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/I-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore-meme.jpg

Trollsmasher
10-03-2013, 04:08 PM
just because we accept gay people doesn't mean we are all gonna jump on the dick-sucking band weagon.

haaaaayyyyyyyyyyy
I accept them too. My cousin is gay and I don't have a problem with him, but you won't hear me saying that it is normal.

rezznor
10-03-2013, 04:10 PM
I accept them too. My cousin is gay and I don't have a problem with him, but you won't hear me saying that it is normal.
I don't agree that it's unnatural or trendy. hey, explain bonobos...are they just following a trend too?

Swaggin916
10-03-2013, 06:16 PM

I agree with this whole heartedly to the core... but the first example is out of context because an aggressive person can hurt others and therefore needs to be tamed, tranquilized, whatever needs to be done to calm him the hell down. Having a gluttonous appetite is a better comparison because you are doing it to yourself so therefore who cares... same with being gay.

We all have dispositions... and a lot of them are awful and our culture gets rid of/limits. Some of them though aren't bad at all but some specific groups of people just think they are... being gay is one of those things.

Jameerthefear
10-03-2013, 06:25 PM
it's time to stop posting bro.

ballup
10-03-2013, 06:25 PM
She got owned by getting disowned.:lebronamazed:

Trollsmasher
10-03-2013, 07:59 PM
it's time to stop posting bro.
Don't tell what to do, kid. You're not normal either with your hentai obsession.

oh the horror
10-03-2013, 09:18 PM
Glad to see many of your homophobe ignorant parents passed their "idiot" onto many of you.

Were you born stupid or was that a life choice?

LJJ
10-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Glad to see many of your homophobe ignorant parents passed their "idiot" onto many of you.

Were you born stupid or was that a life choice?

All the "gays aren't born gay" talk just gets me hard to be honest. Like all these fellows would take it up the butt in a heartbeat during a moment of moral weakness, because that is the only reason they don't want to.

KNOW1EDGE
10-03-2013, 09:36 PM
Homosexuality is a sickness.

Its a chemical in-balance in the brain.

Gay people don't really bother me, I have lots of gay friends/coworkers/acquaintances and I get along with them great.

Some people are born gay, some people become gay. I don't really care. Either way, its a sickness and we shouldn't try and make laws to embrace their disease, we should try and help them.

travelingman
10-03-2013, 09:51 PM
Homosexuality is a sickness.

Its a chemical in-balance in the brain.

Gay people don't really bother me, I have lots of gay friends/coworkers/acquaintances and I get along with them great.

Some people are born gay, some people become gay. I don't really care. Either way, its a sickness and we shouldn't try and make laws to embrace their disease, we should try and help them.

Link to an accredited epidemiological organization that supports this claim?

Trollsmasher
10-03-2013, 10:04 PM
So many hyperpro-homos in this thread, but if you were to see two men kissing passionately directly in front of you, all of you would feel an urge to puke on the side.

Just a bunch of worthless hypocrites.

HarryCallahan
10-03-2013, 10:04 PM
Disorder, not sickness.

gigantes
10-03-2013, 11:14 PM
so... cool letter! although i'm not really sure it was a good idea to make it public.

ideally you'd want the mother / daughter to evolve her opinion for reasons that genuinely matter to her, not because swaths of the public are now going to be hounding her over it. or used as some kind of hero figure by opportunistic, homophobic knuckleheads.

OTOH, maybe she sees how the wind is, changes her opinion, writes a nice public message or something, and gets a lot of support for being an adaptable human being. that would be a pretty nice end to the story.

Le Shaqtus
10-04-2013, 12:19 AM
So many hyperpro-homos in this thread, but if you were to see two men kissing passionately directly in front of you, all of you would feel an urge to puke on the side.

Or we're just good people.

oh the horror
10-04-2013, 01:02 AM

Worthless is a funny word coming from some loser that gets his only sense of self worth from coming online and attempting to be who he can't be in person.

gigantes
10-04-2013, 01:05 AM
Worthless is a funny word coming from some loser that gets his only sense of self worth from coming online and attempting to be who he can't be in person.
dang, i'm feeling the warmth all the way over here from that burn. :pimp:

TonyMontana
10-04-2013, 01:58 AM

:applause:

Hypocrites. They'd make jokes to their buddies(but these liberals never have the balls to say it to the gay dudes face), and then go on the internet and type their "politically correct" garbage.

If having a gay son doesn't bother you, your not a real man.

But whatever feel free to encourage homosexual behavior to your sons. Just means there will be more puss for my kid.

travelingman
10-04-2013, 02:01 AM

Hypocrites. They'd make jokes to their buddies(but these liberals never have the balls to say it to the gay dudes face), and then go on the internet and type their "politically correct" garbage.

But whatever feel free to encourage homosexual behavior to your sons. Just means there will be more puss for my kid.

Looks like you spent too much time in the weight room and too little in the classroom, *real man*. No wonder something you have no knowledge of seems to rustle your jimmies in such a way.

TonyMontana
10-04-2013, 02:09 AM
Looks like you spent too much time in the weight room and too little in the classroom, *real man*. No wonder something you have no knowledge of seems to rustle your jimmies in such a way.

Ah a classic tool of the scrawny liberal. Ignore all points and point out a grammar error because you have no answer to the content. :oldlol:

But seriously man, good luck with your Mac, your porno, and your gay son. I wish you the best.:D

ace23
10-04-2013, 02:18 AM

The fact that he is not born gay does not mean he made a conscious decision to be gay.

KeylessEntry
10-04-2013, 02:23 AM
If gay marraige was not illegal and forbidden by the bible, every man would become gay and humanity would go extinct.

K
10-04-2013, 02:35 AM
The fact that he is not born gay does not mean he made a conscious decision to be gay.

Actually, I think most if it happens during fetal development. Nutrition, hormones in the mother etc. So technically they are born gay. Wasn't there some study that subsequent children are more likely to be gay?

longtime lurker
10-04-2013, 02:40 AM
Interesting to see that Trollsmasher is a moron when it comes to talking about any subject

travelingman
10-04-2013, 03:58 AM
Ah a classic tool of the scrawny liberal. Ignore all points and point out a grammar error because you have no answer to the content. :oldlol:

But seriously man, good luck with your Mac, your porno, and your gay son. I wish you the best.:D

What points did you present that I should have addressed? That a man with a gay son who has not been excommunicated by his father is somehow not a *real man*? Why would I waste my time with such a weak and baseless "point"? You really must work on providing substance and persuasiveness to points that you intend to be taken seriously. Again, something you would have learned in some sort of educational facility.

johndeeregreen
10-04-2013, 05:17 AM
If one of my children, male or female, turned out to be homosexual, there is no way I would cut them off simply because of that, nor would I love them any less; that's ridiculous. And I would try not to let on, but I certainly will say that I would be devastated and ashamed. My personal beliefs on it are that it's disgusting and wrong. Obviously that's not going to be popular but that's the way I feel about it.

gigantes
10-04-2013, 06:12 AM
If one of my children, male or female, turned out to be homosexual, there is no way I would cut them off simply because of that, nor would I love them any less; that's ridiculous. And I would try not to let on, but I certainly will say that I would be devastated and ashamed. My personal beliefs on it are that it's disgusting and wrong. Obviously that's not going to be popular but that's the way I feel about it.

understand how you really feel about something, respect that feeling, do the right thing regardless, deal with the personal hardship on an on-going basis... words of wisdom.

Le Shaqtus
10-04-2013, 07:39 AM

I thought you were a f*ggot in the main forum but it turns out you're just f*cking idiot in general :roll:

Trollsmasher
10-04-2013, 08:01 AM
Tony:applause: Finally someone who does not pretend to be more than he in fact is:cheers:

GatorKid117
10-04-2013, 08:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJtjqLUHYoY

Bandito
10-04-2013, 10:08 AM

but you are a virgin and will never get puss because you are always on the net looking for info about Lebronze and troll on the NBA forum.

Fresh Kid
10-04-2013, 10:15 AM
that dad is gay az hell for that

MavsSuperFan
10-04-2013, 12:10 PM
Ok but we agree that is not a choice right?

I have never understood why a straight male cares about gay people being happy and getting together.

As a straight male, I have no interest in either of the gay males and wish them well.

To people who think homosexualaity is a choice, did you make the choice to be straight?

MavsSuperFan
10-04-2013, 12:15 PM

Are really comparing gay people getting into consensual relationships with people they are attracted to, to violence and obesity?

It literally doesnt affect your life at all if 2 gay people get together. Why do you wish to disallow them to be happy? Why be so vicious?

2LeTTeRS
10-04-2013, 12:48 PM
Are really comparing gay people getting into consensual relationships with people they are attracted to, to violence and obesity?

It literally doesnt affect your life at all if 2 gay people get together. Why do you wish to disallow them to be happy? Why be so vicious?

Whose saying anything about disallowing people to be happy? I have no problem with gay people; I have a problem with people like you who attempt to paint me as a homophobe because I think differently than you.

2LeTTeRS
10-04-2013, 01:26 PM
As a gay guy, I have to say that the things you've said are offensively stupid. I don't think you dislike gays I just think you have a ridiculous outlook on it.

Here goes another part of the narrative; anyone who does not accept the new "progressive" stance regarding homosexuality are stupid or Neanderthals. Appreciate that.

ballup
10-04-2013, 01:27 PM
And the nature vs nurture debate continues.......

-p.tiddy-
10-04-2013, 01:30 PM
As a gay guy, I have to say that the things you've said are offensively stupid. I don't think you dislike gays I just think you have a ridiculous outlook on it.
so are you gay or not?

:confusedshrug:

this is the second time you have made a comment about being gay, but when I asked you if you were you said no.

you have also called other posters "gay" in threads, once today even...

you're a funny ass poster gay or straight...but what you are is confusing lol

MavsSuperFan
10-04-2013, 01:52 PM
Whose saying anything about disallowing people to be happy? I have no problem with gay people; I have a problem with people like you who attempt to paint me as a homophobe because I think differently than you.
You give off the impression that you are homophobic when you compare homosexual desires to desiring to be violent.

You tell me, seems that in modern times anyone who doesn't buy in to the campaign that homosexuality is "acceptable" or "right" is persecuted. Seeing that he vast majority of the populous is still straight (last I checked) I just wonder why people are silenced by the fear of being branded a homophobe.

Now I want to re-state that I have nothing wrong with the young man in this article or any others choosing a different lifestyle, but I do have a problem with the fact that you can't voice the fact that think differently without being automatically considered anti-gay.

Not thinking homosexuality is acceptable = being homophobic.

Seeing that he vast majority of the populous is still straight (last I checked) I just wonder why people are silenced by the fear of being branded a homophobe.
At one time almost 90% of America was non-hispanic white according to the census. that didnt make it right that they were racists.

Gays being a minority should not make it ok to be a homophobe.

but I do have a problem with the fact that you can't voice the fact that think differently without being automatically considered anti-gay

There are certain ideas that society rightly looks down upon. Prejudice is one of them. Racism is nowadays looked down upon. Only extremely stupid still allow their racism to show publically. Any racist person with even an ounce of intelligence would attempt to hide it.

Homophobia is just as wrong, and society is beginning to view it negatively.

TheGreatDeraj
10-04-2013, 02:16 PM

Not true man.

I'm not homophobic because I don't hate or have any ill-will towards any homosexual. I think in at least 95% of homosexuals had no choice they were either born that way or had some other factors out of their control causing them to be that way.

I do not hate autistic people, but I certainly would not want to be autistic or have an autistic son.

Being gay is not normal. Men are attracted to females that's how nature works. Nature also has tons of mistakes and mutations. Which is what I think homosexuality is. Some sort of fairly common disorder.

I would not want anyone else to be gay especially my (hypothetical)son. That would suck so bad. That would mean no grandchildren and the end to my genetic line.

To me homosexuality is some sort of sexual disorder or maybe even a brain disorder or a hormone disorder. I don't think there is any scientific consensus to the cause of homosexuality, but it's a fact that it is not normal.

I put it kind of like pedophilia, sexual attraction to animals or sexual attraction to nonliving things. They are having abnormal sexual desires(whether it's by faulty brain chemistry or faulty hormones etc, I do not know).

2LeTTeRS
10-04-2013, 02:19 PM
You give off the impression that you are homophobic when you compare homosexual desires to desiring to be violent.

I've already addressed this; earlier in the thread but I'll re-post --

At one time almost 90% of America was non-hispanic white according to the census. that didnt make it right that they were racists.

Gays being a minority should not make it ok to be a homophobe.

I agree with you; but whose being a homophone?

There are certain ideas that society rightly looks down upon. Prejudice is one of them. Racism is nowadays looked down upon. Only extremely stupid still allow their racism to show publically. Any racist person with even an ounce of intelligence would attempt to hide it.

Homophobia is just as wrong, and society is beginning to view it negatively.

Society is not just "beginning to view it negatively;" this new PC age is bending over backwards to prove just how accepting of homosexuality they are -- it's odd to me.

MavsSuperFan
10-04-2013, 02:25 PM
Not true man.

I'm not homophobic because I don't hate or have any ill-will towards any homosexual. I think in at least 90% of homosexuals had no choice they were either born that way or had some other factors out of their control causing them to be that way.

I do not hate autistic people, but I certainly would not want to be autistic or have an autistic son.

Being gay is not normal.

I would not want anyone else to be gay especially my (hypothetical)son. That would suck so bad. That would mean no grandchildren and the end to my genetic line.

To me homosexuality is some sort of sexual disorder or maybe even a brain disorder or a hormone disorder. I don't think there is any scientific consensus to the cause of homosexuality, but it's a fact that it is not normal.

I put it kind of like pedophilia, sexual attraction to animals or sexual attraction to nonliving things. They are having abnormal sexual desires(whether it's by faulty brain chemistry or faulty hormones etc, I do not know).

There are tons of racists that will tell you the dont hate minorities
they just fear them for the violent, criminal like behavior.

And yet you dont consider yourself a homophobe? You compare homosexuality to autism, pedophilia, bestiality and necrophilia, and yet you dont consider yourself a homophobe? Its like saying I dont hate native Americans I just consider them lazy drunks who mooch off the government.

some of the most intelligent people I have worked with have been homosexual, so I totally reject that they are in anyway mentally handicapped as compared to straights.

TheGreatDeraj
10-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Gay people can have kids

I guess technically they can, but I think that would be pretty rare considering you would have to pay some women to have sex(i can only imagine how awkward that would be) and carry your baby for 9 months and give birth.

I guess you could do a test tube baby or something as well, not really sure what we are capable of there.

ballup
10-04-2013, 02:29 PM
Ballup so cute tho
http://media1.giphy.com/media/QavMUNzmD2HPq/giphy.gif

MavsSuperFan
10-04-2013, 02:31 PM
I've already addressed this; earlier in the thread but I'll re-post --

I agree with you; but whose being a homophone?

Society is not just "beginning to view it negatively;" this new PC age is bending over backwards to prove just how accepting of homosexuality they are -- it's odd to me.

Fine thinking homosexuality is wrong or not right = homophobia. Also then you must have a problem with 99% of the sex in america. Most of the sex in america is for pleasure not procreation. In fact people go purposefully try to prevent conception through usage of birth control.

IMO you are being a homophobe

Political Correctness is a positive trend in America. The only people that feel contristriced by it are bigots, who resent not being able to openly express bigotry without it hurting them. Eg. limiting employment prospects.

MavsSuperFan
10-04-2013, 02:32 PM
I guess technically they can, but I think that would be pretty rare considering you would have to pay some women to have sex(i can only imagine how awkward that would be) and carry your baby for 9 months and give birth.

I guess you could do a test tube baby or something as well, not really sure what we are capable of there.
In Vitro fertilization is actually not that rare nowadays.

Trollsmasher
10-04-2013, 02:35 PM
Not true man.

I'm not homophobic because I don't hate or have any ill-will towards any homosexual. I think in at least 95% of homosexuals had no choice they were either born that way or had some other factors out of their control causing them to be that way.

Being gay is not normal. Men are attracted to females that's how nature works. Nature also has tons of mistakes and mutations. Which is what I think homosexuality is. Some sort of fairly common disorder.

This. There is absolutely no difference between homosexuality and pedophilia.

Is He Ill
10-04-2013, 02:39 PM
Not true man.

That would be great for the rest of humanity.

dr.hee
10-04-2013, 02:39 PM

Care to explain?

TheGreatDeraj
10-04-2013, 02:40 PM
There are tons of racists that will tell you the dont hate minorities
they just fear them for the violent, criminal like behavior.

And yet you dont consider yourself a homophobe? You compare homosexuality to autism, pedophilia, bestiality and necrophilia, and yet you dont consider yourself a homophobe? Its like saying I dont hate native Americans I just consider them lazy drunks who mooch off the government.

some of the most intelligent people I have worked with have been homosexual, so I totally reject that they are in anyway mentally handicapped as compared to straights.

Definition of Homophobia:

irrational fear of, aversion(strong dislike) of, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals

Nope I am not afraid of homos. Nor do I dislike them. Nor do I discriminate against them. Since it is out of their control I do not hold it against them. Still doesn't mean I would want to be one.

I'm not afraid of type 1 diabetics(those born with it), I don't dislike them and I don't discriminate against them, but I would not want to be one.

@the bolded
Actually it's nothing like that. At all. Really bad comparison. People who are lazy drunks who mooch off the government all are choices not something you are born with or develop due to factors out of your control.

I never said they were mentally handicapped. It has nothing to do with intelligence. Not sure where you go that.

Is He Ill
10-04-2013, 02:41 PM

:oldlol: Holy hell, you have to be trolling.

Trollsmasher
10-04-2013, 02:42 PM
Care to explain?
What should I explain? Both are genetical disorders causing an unnatural sexual attraction:confusedshrug:

Same with bestiality or necrophilia

ballup
10-04-2013, 02:44 PM
There has been a case of a male duck having sex with the dead body of another gay duck. Damn nature, you gay and creepy.

TheGreatDeraj
10-04-2013, 02:44 PM
That would be great for the rest of humanity.

Why is that? I am healthy, intelligent, pretty athletic and fairly good looking. I would like to pass my genes on and I think it would be to the benefit of humankind.

I feel sorry for you if my words offended you, but I don't think I said anything incorrect.

MavsSuperFan
10-04-2013, 02:45 PM
Definition of Homophobia:

irrational fear of, aversion(strong dislike) of, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals

Nope I am not afraid of homos. Nor do I dislike them. Nor do I discriminate against them. Since it is out of their control I do not hold it against them. Still doesn't mean I would want to be one.

I'm not afraid of type 1 diabetics(those born with it), I don't dislike them and I don't discriminate against them, but I would not want to be one.

@the bolded

Actually it's nothing like that. At all. Really bad comparison. People who are lazy drunks who mooch off the government all are choices not something you are born with or develop due to factors out of your control.

I never said they were mentally handicapped. It has nothing to do with intelligence. Not sure where you go that.

You discriminate against them by comparing them to violent people, pedofiles, necrophilacs and people who have sex with animals.

2LeTTeRS
10-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Fine thinking homosexuality is wrong or not right = homophobia.

According to who? So I feel that their relationships should be given the same status as those given to straight couples, don't harbor any negative feelings toward them at all, and treat any gay person I meet with respect in and out of there presence; but according to you the fact that my moral compass states that its not right for a man to have sex another man makes me a homophobe? What's next?

Man I fear for our kids, the way things are trending now I don't even want to see how things will be 30 years from now......

Also then you must have a problem with 99% of the sex in america. Most of the sex in america is for pleasure not procreation.

In fact people go purposefully try to prevent conception through usage of birth control.

I've already gone into this man; once again let me re-post what I said on this already --

Not sure if I'll go this far. Procreation was obviously the original reason for sex, but since then it has come to signify a lot more than simply sustaining the race.

If you're just going to keep re-hashing the same old arguments that were already discussed there's no reason to keep going back and forth.

IMO you are being a homophobe

Political Correctness is a positive trend in America. The only people that feel contristriced by it are bigots, who resent not being able to openly express bigotry without it hurting them. Eg. limiting employment prospects.

Wow what a bleeding heart.

ballup
10-04-2013, 02:49 PM
That's why I support pollution... Unless that gay duck also likes auto-erotic asphyxiation with plastic 6-pack soda rings while it f*cks a corpse.
It's better to hunt and eat them. Ducks are plain evil. That's why everyone loves to play duck hunt.

2LeTTeRS
10-04-2013, 02:55 PM

I wouldn't put it on the same level as pedophilia or being attracted to animals; but I agree with the bolded sentence. For whatever reason the sexual desires they have are simply abnormal.

dr.hee
10-04-2013, 02:55 PM
What should I explain? Both are genetical disorders causing an unnatural sexual attraction:confusedshrug:

Same with bestiality or necrophilia

:roll: :roll: :roll:

First of all, every single thing that happens in the observable universe is by definition "natural". We're putting things into subjective and arbitrary categories. Sexual relations between an "adult" and a "child" ( both terms are defined differently across countries and cultures, also pedophilia does not necessarily imply sexual actions with a child) for example is not considered "bad", "immoral" or whatever because it's "unnatural", but because sexual actions with children are either happening without mutual consent, or the child not knowing what it's doing because of the lack of cognitive abilities being necessary to understand the consequences of it's own actions.

Homosexuality in the context of two consenting adults in an entirely different topic. It's just over your head, man. If you're disgusted by the thought of two males having sexual relations, that's your thing. But you shouldn't act like you have any good objective reasons for that. It's not more reasonable than me not liking volleyball or the smell of gasoline. Your line of reasoning made no sense whatsoever, and it's quite embarassing if you're an adult human being.

dr.hee
10-04-2013, 02:56 PM
For whatever reason the sexual desires they have are simply abnormal.

Being able to digest lactose is also "abnormal" then?

MavsSuperFan
10-04-2013, 02:57 PM
According to who? So I feel that their relationships should be given the same status as those given to straight couples, don't harbor any negative feelings toward them at all, and treat any gay person I meet with respect in and out of there presence; but according to you the fact that my moral compass states that its not right for a man to have sex another man makes me a homophobe? What's next?

Man I fear for our kids, the way things are trending now I don't even want to see how things will be 30 years from now......

I've already gone into this man; once again let me re-post what I said on this already --

If you're just going to keep re-hashing the same old arguments that were already discussed there's no reason to keep going back and forth.

Wow what a bleeding heart.

Why not?
At one time there were a lot of people who felt interracial couples should not have the same status under the law.

but according to you the fact that my moral compass states that its not right for a man to have sex another man makes me a homophobe? What's next?

Yes. Many people in the past had moral objects to interracial sex/marriage. they were racists, even if they claimed they were perfectly fine with blacks who "knew their place". You saying you are ok with gays, just not gay behavior = homophobia. Your morals feeling it is not right for a gay man to have consensual sex with another man is the definition of homophobia.

Is He Ill
10-04-2013, 02:59 PM
Why is that? I am healthy, intelligent, pretty athletic and fairly good looking. I would like to pass my genes on and I think it would be to the benefit of humankind.

I feel sorry for you if my words offended you, but I don't think I said anything incorrect.

What's stopping you from making more children? Besides, he can also use a surrogate if he chooses to. At the end of the day, your genes may not be passed on if he's gay, but you still left your mark on the planet by raising a solid son.

Trollsmasher
10-04-2013, 03:03 PM

First of all, every single thing that happens in the observable universe is by definition "natural". We're putting things into subjective and arbitrary categories. Sexual relations between an "adult" and a "child" ( both terms are defined differently across countries and cultures, also pedophilia does not necessarily imply sexual actions with a child) for example is not considered "bad", "immoral" or whatever because it's "unnatural", but because sexual actions with children are either happening without mutual consent, or the child not knowing what it's doing because of the lack of cognitive abilities being necessary to understand the consequences of it's own actions.

Homosexuality in the context of two consenting adults in an entirely different topic. It's just over your head, man. If you're disgusted by the thought of two males having sexual relations, that's your thing. But you shouldn't act like you have any good objective reasons for that. It's not more reasonable than me not liking volleyball or the smell of gasoline. Your line of reasoning made no sense whatsoever, and it's quite embarassing if you're an adult human being.You're an embarassing human being. Enjoy watching ******* porn though. It's not your fault afterall.

****ing corpses = completly harmless

Homosexuality = disease spreading abomination

Eat it. You should reconsider if your life is even worth living with your line of thinking.

Once again an individual where natural selection should've taken a place.

TheGreatDeraj
10-04-2013, 03:03 PM
You discriminate against them by comparing them to violent people, pedofiles, necrophilacs and people who have sex with animals.

Sorry that's not what I meant. See below.

I wouldn't put it on the same level as pedophilia or being attracted to animals; but I agree with the bolded sentence. For whatever reason the sexual desires they have are simply abnormal.

I did not state my point clearly aparetnly. I wasn't saying a homo = a pedo.

I never meant to directly compared a homosexual to a pedophile.

I just said I think homosexuality is a sexual disorder. Only liking the same sex and not being attracted to the opposite sex is a disorder. Only liking children and not those of sexual age is a disorder. Only liking horses and not humans of sexual age is a disorder.

I do not think a homo=a pedo=zoophile(not sure if that's the right term)

Let me make this analogy to hopefully clear up my point

ADHD, anxiety, depression, and schizophrenia are all mental disorders. I think everyone would agree that having Schizophrenia or depression is a lot worse than ADHD but they are all mental disorders.

I would definitely rather be gay then be a pedo or a zoophile. It's not on the same level of disorder, but a disorder none the less imo.

2LeTTeRS
10-04-2013, 03:10 PM
I did not state my point clearly aparetnly. I wasn't saying a homo = a pedo.

I never meant to directly compared a homosexual to a pedophile.

I just said I think homosexuality is a sexual disorder. Only liking the same sex and not being attracted to the opposite sex is a disorder. Only liking children and not those of sexual age is a disorder. Only liking horses and not humans of sexual age is a disorder.

I do not think a homo=a pedo=zoophile(not sure if that's the right term)

Let me make this analogy to hopefully clear up my point

ADHD, anxiety, depression, and schizophrenia are all mental disorders. I think everyone would agree that having Schizophrenia or depression is a lot worse than ADHD but they are all mental disorders.

I would definitely rather be gay then be a pedo or a zoophile. It's not on the same level of disorder, but a disorder none the less imo.

I got what you were saying man :cheers:

Myth
10-04-2013, 03:10 PM
Sometimes I just want to rape homophobes to teach them a lesson.

dr.hee
10-04-2013, 03:12 PM
You're an embarassing human being. Enjoy watching ******* porn though. It's not your fault afterall.

Eat it. You should reconsider if your life is even worth living with your line of thinking.

:lol

Try harder. It's quite possible to play devil's advocate talking about this topic while making interesting points. Not on your intellectual level of course, but whatever.

Are you able to show me with sound arguments where my reasoning was wrong? No? Good job :applause: I know you would've liked a more aggressive response, preferably using insults, so you can scream back at me, but it's not worth it at all. Try again.

Trollsmasher
10-04-2013, 03:14 PM
:lol

Try harder. It's quite possible to play devil's advocate talking about this topic while making interesting points. Not on your intellectual level of course, but whatever.

Are you able to show me with sound arguments where my reasoning was wrong? No? Good job :applause:
You gave no reasoning at all. It is just you deciding what is good and what is wrong from your point of view. You do exactly what you accuse me of doing.

DonDadda59
10-04-2013, 03:15 PM

First of all, every single thing that happens in the observable universe is by definition "natural".

Yeah, the whole 'unnatural' argument fails even further once they realize that there isn't a single known species on Earth that hasn't displayed homosexual behaviors, that's not even counting hermaphrodites.

If you don't like gay people, just come out and say it. Don't try to hide behind faux science and the false idea that homosexuality is solely a human choice and not featured in 'nature' :rolleyes:

dr.hee
10-04-2013, 03:15 PM
You gave no reasoning at all. It is just you deciding what is good and what is wrong from your point of view. You do exactly what you accuse me of doing.

You should read my post again :roll:

dr.hee
10-04-2013, 03:17 PM
If you don't like gay people, just come out and say it. Don't try to hide behind faux science and the false idea that homosexuality is solely a human choice and not featured in 'nature' :rolleyes:

Exactly. If someone says "I don't like homosexual people", that's an entirely different thing than saying it's "unnatural", "wrong" and an "abonimation". But some folks simply don't have the cognitive abilities to reflect on their own emotions.

TheGreatDeraj
10-04-2013, 03:18 PM
What's stopping you from making more children? Besides, he can also use a surrogate if he chooses to. At the end of the day, your genes may not be passed on if he's gay, but you still left your mark on the planet by raising a solid son.

Good points. I would still love my son no matter what and for the record I am against the daughter disowning her son as the case in the OP.

As for stopping me from having more children: Let's say I only want one child. Maybe I can only afford one child and still be able to live at the level I would like to.

I do not find out he's gay until he's 21. If I had my kids at 25, then I would be 46 by that time, not exactly smart to have a kid that age. Probability or autism or other disorders skyrocket as you get older.

Trollsmasher
10-04-2013, 03:19 PM
Yeah, the whole 'unnatural' argument fails even further once they realize that there isn't a single known species on Earth that hasn't displayed homosexual behaviors, that's not even counting hermaphrodites.

Now that's a lot of BS in one post:lol

-p.tiddy-
10-04-2013, 03:20 PM
yeah I have to say I don't think that is accurate at all DonDodda

shlver
10-04-2013, 03:23 PM
yeah I have to say I don't think that is accurate at all DonDodda
The point is that plenty of animals use sex as an emotional and social dialogue; not solely as a reproductive one.

dr.hee
10-04-2013, 03:25 PM
The point is that plenty of animals use sex as an emotional and social dialogue; not solely as a reproductive one.

Yeah, that's what condoms are for. We heterosexual humans should be ashamed, going against nature...

Trollsmasher
10-04-2013, 03:26 PM
All those animals also engage themselves in sexual intercourse with the opposite sex with the intention to procreate.

Not comparable at all.

dr.hee
10-04-2013, 03:29 PM
All those animals also engage themselves in sexual intercourse with the opposite sex with the intention to procreate.

Not comparable at all.

Some of those animals are probably now even aware they exist, so how can they act intentionally?

TheGreatDeraj
10-04-2013, 03:30 PM

Well considering we haven't discovered much less observed and studied every species I'm going to call BS.

I do recognize that their are tons of examples of homosexuality in other species in nature. It is definitely not only humans that exhibit homosexual behavior. I do think a higher %(but not all) of homosexual acts done by nonhumans have societal causes like dominance. Kinda like in prison where the big guys rape the little guys. I have no evidence for that though, just a theory.

As far as I'm aware every species has mutations and disorders which could account for the other homosexual acts in nonhumans.

DonDadda59
10-04-2013, 03:32 PM
Now that's a lot of BS in one post:lol

"No species has been found in which homosexual behaviour has not been shown to exist, with the exception of species that never have sex at all, such as sea urchins and aphis. Moreover, a part of the animal kingdom is hermaphroditic, truly bisexual. For them, homosexuality is not an issue"

-Petter B

Trollsmasher
10-04-2013, 03:32 PM
There are also cases of necrophilia recorded in the other species. Therefore it is right and natural right?:confusedshrug:

Edit: Exactly expected the poster above to copy a WIKIPEDIA OPINION here.

Get out of here kid and use some serious sources.

dr.hee
10-04-2013, 03:33 PM
[QUOTE=DonDadda59]"No species has been found in which homosexual behaviour has not been shown to exist, with the exception of species that never have sex at all, such as sea urchins and aphis. Moreover, a part of the animal kingdom is hermaphroditic, truly bisexual. For them, homosexuality is not an issue"

-Petter B

DonDadda59
10-04-2013, 03:34 PM

Not comparable at all.

Just further proving your embarrassing ignorance :facepalm

There are also cases of necrophilia recorded in the other species. Therefore it is right and natural right?

'Right' is a philosophical issue. But if it occurs in nature... that makes it... Let's see if you can figure that one out yourself.

I doubt it though.

dr.hee
10-04-2013, 03:34 PM
There are also cases of necrophilia recorded in the other species. Therefore it is right and natural right?:confusedshrug:

Edit: Exactly expected the poster above to copy a WIKIPEDIA OPINION here.

Get out of here kid and use some serious sources.

:roll:

How old are you?

Trollsmasher
10-04-2013, 03:36 PM
Just further proving your embarrassing ignorance :facepalm

Many of the animals used in laboratory-based studies of homosexuality do not appear to spontaneously exhibit these tendencies often in the wild. Such behavior is often elicited and exaggerated by the researcher during experimentation through the destruction of a portion of brain tissue, or by exposing the animal to high levels of steroid hormones prenatally.
At least copy the whole article to show the "accuracy" of those researches:cheers:

Is He Ill
10-04-2013, 03:37 PM
Good points. I would still love my son no matter what and for the record I am against the daughter disowning her son as the case in the OP.

As for stopping me from having more children: Let's say I only want one child. Maybe I can only afford one child and still be able to live at the level I would like to.

I do not find out he's gay until he's 21. If I had my kids at 25, then I would be 46 by that time, not exactly smart to have a kid that age. Probability or autism or other disorders skyrocket as you get older.

I get that, and that's probably going to be me. I also understand that certain disorders are more prevalent with older parents. I guess that raising a happy child that affects the world in a positive way is more important to me than simply ensuring that my genes will be passed on. One day this planet will no longer exist, so my genes will be wiped off anyway. To me, enjoying the limited time that I have with my son is the only thing that matters. I would never allocate time and energy into being disappointed that my child is homosexual, it's just a waste imo. That's why I personally can't wrap my mind around that mindset. I apologize for being a douche.

TheGreatDeraj
10-04-2013, 03:38 PM
Approximately 8% of rams exhibit sexual preferences [that is, even when given a choice] for male partners (male-oriented rams) in contrast to most rams, which prefer female partners (female-oriented rams).We identified a cell group within the medial preoptic area/anterior hypothalamus of age-matched adult sheep that was significantly larger in adult rams than in ewes..

Research has shown that the environmental pollutant methylmercury can increase the prevalence of homosexual behavior in male American White Ibis. The study involved exposing chicks in varying dosages to the chemical and measuring the degree of homosexual behavior in adulthood. The results discovered was that as the dosage was increased the likelihood of homosexual behavior also increased. The endocrine blocking feature of mercury has been suggested as a possible cause of sexual disruption in other bird species.

Nice post. Some evidence for my theory that it could be hormones imbalance, or have something to do with brain chemistry.

dr.hee
10-04-2013, 03:39 PM
Nice post. Some evidence for my theory that it could be hormones imbalance, or have something to do with brain chemistry.

Human behaviour is all brain activity, no surprise there.

Trollsmasher
10-04-2013, 03:40 PM

How old are you?
Wikipedia user too? I thought they were trying to beat this out of the kids by the time they pass the 10th grade.

Today's generation:facepalm What is the next thing you are going to use as a "serious source". Your notepad?

DonDadda59
10-04-2013, 03:41 PM
At least copy the whole article to show the "accuracy" of those researches:cheers:

Bruh mayne, if you want to do thorough research on the matter, you are free to do so. I'm not going to spend my time trying to rectify your ignorance. There's a wealth of information out there, I just used wiki because it condenses a lot of info. If you want to find more in depth, thorough specific studies, it's all out there for you. But the bottom line, the undeniable truth, is that homosexuality (as well as asexuality/bisexuality/hermaphrodites) is in fact natural.

Have fun being ignorant though :cheers:

dr.hee
10-04-2013, 03:41 PM
Wikipedia user too? I thought they were trying to beat this out of the kids by the time they pass the 10th grade.

Today's generation:facepalm What is the next thing you are going to use as a "serious source". Your notepad?

You should try a bit harder. Lazy stuff.

Trollsmasher
10-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Bruh mayne, if you want to do thorough research on the matter, you are free to do so. I'm not going to spend my time trying to rectify your ignorance. There's a wealth of information out there, I just used wiki because it condenses a lot of info. If you want to find more in depth, thorough specific studies, it's all out there for you. But the bottom line, the undeniable truth, is that homosexuality (as well as asexuality/bisexuality/hermaphrodites/pedophilia/necrophilia/bestiality) are in fact natural.

Have fun being ignorant though :cheers:
Added some other "natural" stuff to your list. It will hopefully help you to get rid of your ignorance:cheers:

DonDadda59
10-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Added some other "natural" stuff to your list. It will hopefully help you to get rid of your ignorance:cheers:

Your stupidity is quite amusing, I'll give you that. Thanks for a good laugh. :cheers:

Trollsmasher
10-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Your stupidity is quite amusing, I'll give you that. Thanks for a good laugh. :cheers:
Resorting to the insults? Nothing unexpected:cheers:

2LeTTeRS
10-04-2013, 03:51 PM
[QUOTE=DonDadda59]"No species has been found in which homosexual behaviour has not been shown to exist, with the exception of species that never have sex at all, such as sea urchins and aphis. Moreover, a part of the animal kingdom is hermaphroditic, truly bisexual. For them, homosexuality is not an issue"

-Petter B

Trollsmasher
10-04-2013, 03:52 PM
I don't think most of you know what "unnatural" means. According to Merrriam-Webster the most common definition of the term means "different from how things usually are in the physical world or in nature."

Just because you can find a small number of exceptions in the animal world does not mean it is the way things "usually" go.
Obviously. If the word natural was used in the context they are using it, there would no reason for its existence.

TheGreatDeraj
10-04-2013, 03:57 PM
I get that, and that's probably going to be me. I also understand that certain disorders are more prevalent with older parents. I guess that raising a happy child that affects the world in a positive way is more important to me than simply ensuring that my genes will be passed on. One day this planet will no longer exist, so my genes will be wiped off anyway. To me, enjoying the limited time that I have with my son is the only thing that matters. I would never allocate time and energy into being disappointed that my child is homosexual, it's just a waste imo. That's why I personally can't wrap my mind around that mindset. I apologize for being a douche.

Good points. The time with our family is priceless. Would be silly to let anything get in the way of that.

No need to apologize, I was expecting that comment :cheers:

Although I disagree that our genes will be wiped out. Call me an optimist but I believe humans are special and we WILL overcome our differences and get off this rock!

I believe faster than light travel is possible(the expansion and compression of space-time is possible and is shown to not be limited by the speed of light). If you're interested look up Nasa warp drive.

Also I think our genetic code can by digitized and we can and will be uploaded to computers. If you're interested look up Ray Kurzweil(director of engineering at google).

-p.tiddy-
10-04-2013, 03:58 PM
this has turned into a semantics debate of what "natural" means...which is pretty much irrelevant really

it's a natural abnormality I suppose

is an animal being born with 2 heads "natural"?...I think that can be found in almost every species too

I have absolutely nothing against gay peeps, but I would be lying to myself if I said it is "normal" or even "natural" behavior...only in species where gay sex is had by the MAJORITY would I say that, but it isn't, it's the minority.

All of this is irrelevant to weather or not we should accept them in society though...you can "like" gay people and still think it is "unnatural"

-p.tiddy-
10-04-2013, 04:00 PM
[QUOTE]"No species has been found in which homosexual behaviour has not been shown to exist, with the exception of species that never have sex at all, such as sea urchins and aphis. Moreover, a part of the animal kingdom is hermaphroditic, truly bisexual. For them, homosexuality is not an issue"

-Petter B

dr.hee
10-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Resorting to the insults? Nothing unexpected:cheers:

You're an embarassing human being. Enjoy watching ******* porn though. It's not your fault afterall.

http://img.pandawhale.com/29490-Picard-applause-clapping-gif-s5nz.gif

Trollsmasher
10-04-2013, 04:04 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/29490-Picard-applause-clapping-gif-s5nz.gif
You started:confusedshrug:

DonDadda59
10-04-2013, 04:09 PM
I don't think most of you know what "unnatural" means. According to Merrriam-Webster the most common definition of the term means "different from how things usually are in the physical world or in nature."

Just because you can find a small number of exceptions in the animal world does not mean it is the way things "usually" go.

Jesus, now that your misguided notion was destroyed, you're relegated to arguing semantics? :facepalm

So do you also hate anyone with blue eyes (approximately 2.2% of the world population)? How about left handed people (10% of the world population, the same % roughly of people predicted to be homosexual)? These are traits that are 'different from how things usually are in the physical world or in nature' hence... they are unnatural. But something tells me you wouldn't condone a parent disowning a blue-eyed or left-handed child. You obviously zero in on homosexuality for some odd reason (doth protest too much, methinks :oldlol: )

Again... why not just say you, for whatever personal reason, don't like homosexuals? I think people would respect that more than you trying unsuccessfully to convince everyone you're some sort of 'naturalist'. You just look ridiculous. Own up to your prejudices and be done with it.

Trollsmasher
10-04-2013, 04:09 PM
the quote says "has been found". Obviously he isn't speaking to undiscovered species.

Also, I too want to see lady sharks bang
The same article (irrelevant as it is) speaks about 1500 species that have been observed.

That's about 0,02% of discovered species.

That's why you should not use wikipedia. It's full of contradicting BS.

Trollsmasher
10-04-2013, 04:13 PM
I wonder what some people here would think about the matter if they had two fathers or two mothers...

Oh wait, they would not think anything because they would not exist:lol

DonDadda59
10-04-2013, 04:13 PM
the quote says "has been found". Obviously he isn't speaking to undiscovered species.

Shhhhh, don't ruin my fun with your basic logic bullshit :mad:

Hell yeah :pimp:

-p.tiddy-
10-04-2013, 04:14 PM

yeah I know he said "has been found"

I was pointing out that there are plenty of "newly found" species...and were so whenever he made that claim

we witness gay sex in every species of animal that quick?

I mean there are some species of animal we haven't even witnessed have "straight sex" yet...the giant squid for example

his claim is BS I think

dr.hee
10-04-2013, 04:15 PM
I wonder what some people here would think about the matter if they had two fathers or two mothers...

Oh wait, they would not think anything because they would not exist:lol

What?

2LeTTeRS
10-04-2013, 04:23 PM
Jesus, now that your misguided notion was destroyed, you're relegated to arguing semantics? :facepalm

So do you also hate anyone with blue eyes (approximately 2.2% of the world population)? How about left handed people (10% of the world population, the same % roughly of people predicted to be homosexual)? These are traits that are 'different from how things usually are in the physical world or in nature' hence... they are unnatural. But something tells me you wouldn't condone a parent disowning a blue-eyed or left-handed child. You obviously zero in on homosexuality for some odd reason (doth protest too much, methinks :oldlol: )

Again... why not just say you, for whatever personal reason, don't like homosexuals? I think people would respect that more than you trying unsuccessfully to convince everyone you're some sort of 'naturalist'. You just look ridiculous. Own up to your prejudices and be done with it.

You do realize you are the one painting this into a natural or unnatural debate; not me right? And why admit that I don't like gay people when its not true?

My posts have shown nothing but acceptance for the guy whose the premise of this article; I've stated numerous times that I treat gay people with respect, and voted against legislation that I felt unfairly discriminated against gays but for some reason you guys still want to paint me as a homophobe? I just don't get it.

I'll just restate my original 2 posts --

Support everything he said [in reference to the author of the handwritten letter], except the "he was born gay" non-sense.

Seeing that he vast majority of the populous is still straight (last I checked) I just wonder why people are silenced by the fear of being branded a homophobe.

Rick James
10-04-2013, 04:24 PM
Can't believe grown men here think being gay is a natural act. Being heterosexual is natural, being homosexual is an abomination.

DonDadda59
10-04-2013, 04:24 PM
his claim is BS I think

Luckily, what you think on the matter doesn't count for shit :lol

Oh wait, they would not think anything because they would not exist :lol

Yes, this. Exactly. Very well stated.

F*cking marmaluke :oldlol:

Trollsmasher
10-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Luckily, what you think on the matter doesn't count for shit :lol

Yes, this. Exactly. Very well stated.

F*cking marmaluke :oldlol:
You are losing it, kid. I don't think ignorant and arrogant people like you should be allowed to post on this board. You should go back to editing wikipedia with a pro-gay stuff.

I'm done here.

-p.tiddy-
10-04-2013, 04:31 PM
So you're just tripping on the fact that the scientist said, "In every species" instead of "Out of all of the known species that we've studied"?
this:

No species has been found in which homosexual behaviour has not been shown to exist, with the exception of species that never have sex at all, such as sea urchins and aphis

is not some slip up in wording...he is clearly saying "THERE IS NO SPECIES THAT HAS BEEN FOUND..."

it's just...wrong

again, I don't think it has any baring at all on anything in this thread...it's off topic, but yeah it kind of irks me a tad that a scientist would make a claim like that and be that wrong about it

DonDadda59
10-04-2013, 04:31 PM
You are losing it, kid. I don't think ignorant and arrogant people like you should be allowed to post on this board. You should go back to editing wikipedia with a pro-gay stuff.

I'm done here.

Well done. Excellent work here :applause:

KeylessEntry
10-04-2013, 04:35 PM

I hate when the word "natural" comes up in a debate about homosexuality.

Is clothing "natural"? How many other species wear clothing?

What about cars, trains and planes? Is transporting yourself through space in a metal capsule "natural"? Do any other species have anything remotely resembling modern transportation?

Are foods like Otter Pops that contain high fructose cornsyrup and artificial food coloring "natural"?

Is watching television "natural"?

Is using a computer "natural"?

Is plastic surgery "nautral"?

Humans do a lot of things that are not "natural". I would say that homosexuality is a lot more "natural" than anything I mentioned above, but you never see the "naturalists" complaining about anything other than gay people.

ballup
10-04-2013, 04:36 PM
Can't believe grown men here think being gay is a natural act. Being heterosexual is natural, being homosexual is an abomination.
It exists, so it's natural.

Rick James
10-04-2013, 04:48 PM
It exists, so it's natural.

This makes no sense.

If I brought dog shit to your dinner table and ate it, would that be a natural act?

ballup
10-04-2013, 04:49 PM
This makes no sense.

If I brought dog shit to your dinner table and ate it, would that be a natural act?
Yes.

dr.hee
10-04-2013, 04:50 PM
This makes no sense.

Yup. It would be against certain conventions and rules, but not unnatural. Everything that exists is natural, and we approve or disapprove based on subjective standards. Now that's over your head, I'm sorry.

nightprowler10
10-04-2013, 05:00 PM
This makes no sense.

More natural than having a dinner table.

Rick James
10-04-2013, 05:24 PM
Yup. It would be against certain conventions and rules, but not unnatural. Everything that exists is natural, and we approve or disapprove based on subjective standards. Now that's over your head, I'm sorry.

So, if I ate dog shit at the table with your family while you guys ate Turkey and gravy, you wouldn't be alarmed and would deem this as a natural act?

-p.tiddy-
10-04-2013, 05:27 PM
So, if I ate dog shit at the table with your family while you guys ate Turkey and gravy, you wouldn't be alarmed and would deem this as a natural act?
are you doing anything to another male's ***** while eating at the table?

dr.hee
10-04-2013, 05:28 PM

I would not like it, purely based on a subjective negative emotional reaction triggered unconsciously by my central nervous system. I'd tell you it's inappropriate in the context of my home and our social interaction. But it's still a natural act. Just one I don't approve of while having dinner. If you eat dog shit in another context, for example at home while you're trying to stir some controversy on insidehoops, that's none of my business.

Too much for you?

Droid101
10-04-2013, 05:37 PM
Why did you guys even respond to Trollsmasher? He was trolling the whole time. Got 10 pages of replies too.

Come on man!

Rick James
10-04-2013, 05:50 PM
I would not like it, purely based on a subjective negative emotional reaction triggered unconsciously by my central nervous system. I'd tell you it's inappropriate in the context of my home and our social interaction. But it's still a natural act. Just one I don't approve of while having dinner. If you eat dog shit in another context, for example at home while you're trying to stir some controversy on insidehoops, that's none of my business.

Too much for you?

Can't believe your're willing to reach these lengths (saying eating dog shit is an natural act) just to justify your stance on homosexuality.

Are you a gay by any chance?

oh the horror
10-05-2013, 12:47 AM
Honestly, to me the real "abomination" are people farting out kids endlessly well beyond their ability to care for the numbers growing on this planet.

We consume, destroy, go to war, and use our "logic" and yet we can't stop consuming and contaminating the environment. We literally end other species due to our spreading.

But we wanna discuss natural vs unnatural.

We have one idiot in this thread with a picture of Hitler as his avatar discussing what's "natural".

Ironic.

PleezeBelieve
10-05-2013, 08:38 AM
Many of you have to be gay with the talk going on in this thread. There is really no scientific evidence to support the concept or act of gay sex. I mean, it's laughable how people go to such lengths to support homosexuality.

Like others have said in this thread, if someone chooses to be gay, so be it. I won't be mad at them. They're Americans. Presumably pay taxes. Protected by the same constitutional amendments as I am.

Okay... so what's the problem then? Why must the homosexualilty 'argument' ALWAYS morph to something it's not -- which is of equal physiological standing to heterosexualily?

Men taking it in the rear and slurping **** is not what's hot in the street. Additionally, it's a counter-productive to the existence of humanity, which was also stated in this thread.

This banter can go on forever. Gay people will be gay. I'm not trying to get them to do anything else other than what they want. But lets just leave it there.

dr.hee
10-05-2013, 08:47 AM
Additionally, it's a counter-productive to the existence of humanity, which was also stated in this thread.

Nope, it's not. The prevalence of homosexuality appears to be pretty constant and we're at an all time high human population. So what is your point? The number of homosexual people not contributing to spreading the overrated species called humans isn't higher than the number of heterosexual people simply not wanting/having children.

Try again.

LJJ
10-05-2013, 08:52 AM
There is really no scientific evidence to support the concept or act of gay sex.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs6/3393576_o.gif

Go Getter
10-05-2013, 09:05 AM
"I now have a fabulous (as the gays put it) grandson to raise..."

:oldlol:
Yeah that was a bit much.

I think some people ARE born gay and others choose.

My reasoning is that I have known small children that exhibit what seem to be gay traits or behaviors and I KNOW heterosexual women that "give up on guys", date women, then change their minds and date men again like it never happened.

dr.hee
10-05-2013, 09:12 AM

My reasoning is that I have known small children that exhibit what seem to be gay traits or behaviors and I KNOW heterosexual women that "give up on guys", date women, then change their minds and date men again like it never happened.

That's called bisexual and an entirely different sexual orientation. Which gender you're dating is another topic than the gender you're sexually attracted to. Two different things that don't necessarily have to be identical.

MavsSuperFan
10-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Many of you have to be gay with the talk going on in this thread. There is really no scientific evidence to support the concept or act of gay sex. I mean, it's laughable how people go to such lengths to support homosexuality.

Like others have said in this thread, if someone chooses to be gay, so be it. I won't be mad at them. They're Americans. Presumably pay taxes. Protected by the same constitutional amendments as I am.

Okay... so what's the problem then? Why must the homosexualilty 'argument' ALWAYS morph to something it's not -- which is of equal physiological standing to heterosexualily?

Men taking it in the rear and slurping **** is not what's hot in the street. Additionally, it's a counter-productive to the existence of humanity, which was also stated in this thread.

This banter can go on forever. Gay people will be gay. I'm not trying to get them to do anything else other than what they want. But lets just leave it there.

with that logic I guess Bill gates and warren buffet are african as they have donate billions of dollars to end malaria there, which would save millions of lives.

Or some people aren't so selfish that they cant empathize with someone different from themselves.

Protected by the same constitutional amendments as I am.
Thats the problem they arent.
If a gay person is dying their spouse can be denied the right to see them.
A gay person cannot pass on their wealth to their spouse without incurring inheritance taxes. The exemptions available to straight couples dont exist for them.
Gay couples cannot file joint tax returns and get the possible financial benefits.
Gay couples cannot in many case adopt.
Gay couples cannot get married in most states.

Why must the homosexualilty 'argument' ALWAYS morph to something it's not -- which is of equal physiological standing to heterosexualily?
For the same reason progressives wanted minorities to have the same standing under the law and in society as white people.

MavsSuperFan
10-05-2013, 02:52 PM

sexual orientation is a scale

the kingsey scale
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6f/Kinsey_Scale.svg/800px-Kinsey_Scale.svg.png

0 is exclusively heterosexual (basically you could never enjoy homosexual activity. Eg. even if you went to prison you wouldnt get your knob blown, because the idea of gayness offends you that much.)

6 is exclusively homosexual (basically you would never enjoy a woman)

3 is bisexual ( you could go either way)

dr.hee
10-05-2013, 02:57 PM
sexual orientation is a scale

the kingsey scale
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6f/Kinsey_Scale.svg/800px-Kinsey_Scale.svg.png

0 is exclusively heterosexual (basically you could never enjoy homosexual activity. Eg. even if you went to prison you wouldnt get your knob blown, because the idea of gayness offends you that much.)

6 is exclusively homosexual (basically you would never enjoy a woman)

3 is bisexual ( you could go either way)

Nice to see someone making sense :applause: