PDA

View Full Version : Why did the bulls let nate robinson go ?

tomtucker
10-04-2013, 02:09 PM
he was one of the few that showed some heart and grit in the playoffs

:confusedshrug: :(

jbryan1984
10-04-2013, 02:11 PM
Why did GSW let him go two years ago?

bdreason
10-04-2013, 02:13 PM
$$$

Fresh Kid
10-04-2013, 02:19 PM
cuz tha bulls are stupid.

Crown&Coke
10-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Chicago wanted him back at the min. Based on how the market dried up looked like he would be back at their cost.

BShaw got the Nug's job. Phil Jackson tried to get Nate on the Lakers a couple times while Shaw was an assistant. Nug's offered him twice as much to sway him and it worked

ChuckOakley
10-04-2013, 02:23 PM
I don't know, but I'm so glad they did.

Nash
10-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Money and Rose returning I guess.

tomtucker
10-04-2013, 02:37 PM
but why won

Fresh Kid
10-04-2013, 03:17 PM
I don't know, but I'm so glad they did.
i bet u are:roll:

kNicKz
10-04-2013, 03:24 PM
is the front office cheap ?

Yes.

But with that said, they have constructed a great team

3peated
10-04-2013, 03:26 PM
no reason to waste money until lebrons reign of the league is over, smart front office.

DuMa
10-04-2013, 03:27 PM
theres only room for one midget leader on the team. thibs

InfiniteBaskets
10-04-2013, 03:31 PM
No need to pay that much for Nate with Rose and Hinrich at PG. Nate made the most of his situation last year in the playoffs and got a nice pay-day while the Bulls managed to sell second round tickets, win-win for both sides.

Lakers Legend#32
10-04-2013, 03:51 PM
Because he's an insufferable, egomaniacal, self-promoting dick who has little man issues. Go play in Europe Gary Coleman, where we never have to see your midget strutting again.

nathanjizzle
10-04-2013, 03:54 PM
because hes not as good as you guys think.

3peated
10-04-2013, 03:56 PM

this is probably the best response. nate robinson is a solid role player, but he doenst deserve the money hes gonna get in denver. he won't put up those numbers ever again, he'll probably even have a rough season because denver is such a hard place to play until you're used to it. i like him and i love his passion, but he isn't going to put up those numbers regularly like he did in the couple play off games against the nets who had no defense/heart at all.

Go Getter
10-04-2013, 04:22 PM
Exactly.

We don't need him with Rose and Hinrich....people have no clue about the biusiness of basketballyet talk shit like morons, smh, it gets old...

Nate Robinson is a very flawed player with poor defense, streaky shooting, and a serious ego problem...I liked himokay i guess but the love for him in a Bull's uni got outta control...he is a journeyman, not an essential cog to a championship/playoff team.

theaussieguy
10-04-2013, 06:42 PM
Exactly.

We don't need him with Rose and Hinrich....people have no clue about the biusiness of basketballyet talk shit like morons, smh, it gets old...

Nate Robinson is a very flawed player with poor defense, streaky shooting, and a serious ego problem...I liked himokay i guess but the love for him in a Bull's uni got outta control...he is a journeyman, not an essential cog to a championship/playoff team.

you clearly know nothing about basketball, jeff delete this guys account pls

TheReal Kendall
10-04-2013, 06:53 PM
Bulls need a SG not a midget PG.

They already got a backup in Hinrich.

But Lil Nate got heart though

riseagainst
10-05-2013, 01:19 AM
cause Rose feels threatened.

Unforgiven
10-05-2013, 01:24 AM
I think Thibs didn't like his play style, but against the heat his hands were tied and had to play Nate (injuries to Deng, Rose & Hinrich).

They weren't gonna pay him money to play behind all their guards when rose is back.

Go Getter
10-05-2013, 08:30 AM
What people don't realize is while he scored slightly more than Hinrich he shot worse from the field and 3 than Kirk (Kirk had a very poor year from the line though--I think that can be ironed out) while playing significantly less effective defense.

I like Nate's heart but it just wasn't n the cards. We need a SG and backup center much more than we need him.

niko
10-05-2013, 08:32 AM
Because he's a pain in the ass to control and to get to do what you want on a day to day basis. They got tired of him. Everyone does. At this point, do people think it's a conincidence he plays well and then the team dumps him anyway?

andremiller07
10-05-2013, 08:32 AM
Are the Bulls high on Jeff Teague's brother as well? On top of that you got Hinrich to provide shutdown D and shooting and Rose is back so they don't really need what Robinson brings.

Go Getter
10-05-2013, 08:38 AM
Because he's a pain in the ass to control and to get to do what you want on a day to day basis. They got tired of him. Everyone does. At this point, do people think it's a conincidence he plays well and then the team dumps him anyway?
Even when he was playing well opposing PGs would shoot over and drive past him with no reservations.

poido123
10-05-2013, 08:51 AM
you clearly know nothing about basketball, jeff delete this guys account pls

Are you sure? Because I think he was pretty spot on...

Go Getter isn't a guy on ISH that I would be pointing out a lack of knowledge man :oldlol:

poido123
10-05-2013, 08:53 AM
Are the Bulls high on Jeff Teague's brother as well? On top of that you got Hinrich to provide shutdown D and shooting and Rose is back so they don't really need what Robinson brings.

Yes, Marquis Teague had a solid summer league and looks to be a promising backup PG. So that makes 3 capable PG's, there was no need to keep Nate on the team.

Haymaker
10-05-2013, 08:54 AM
Yes.

But with that said, they have constructed a great team

Not great. Decent, competitive.

poido123
10-05-2013, 08:55 AM

This.

The difference between his good and bad games were often a detriment to the team. I like Nate, but he is nothing more than a sparkplug.

Go Getter
10-05-2013, 09:12 AM
Adding Dunleavy is bigger than losing Nate imho. I think the coach's son is going to be one of those under-the-radar signings that nets big results.

poido123
10-05-2013, 09:17 AM
Adding Dunleavy is bigger than losing Nate imho. I think the coach's son is going to be one of those under-the-radar signings that nets big results.

I tried talking up the significance of Dunleavy on here, but it falls on deaf ears. People want to talk about Rose's return or Butler's emergence, but no one really understands the impact that Dunlavy can have on a team in need of a reliable shooter and good decision maker which he is. Good defender too.

Go Getter
10-05-2013, 09:59 AM
I tried talking up the significance of Dunleavy on here, but it falls on deaf ears. People want to talk about Rose's return or Butler's emergence, but no one really understands the impact that Dunlavy can have on a team in need of a reliable shooter and good decision maker which he is. Good defender too.

People love to hate Duke guys:lol (and now we have 3 on our team, haha)

I agree with you...in addition he is a tall wing and he can handle the rock a bit which helps our transition O and takes some pressure off our PGs.

If he can stay healthy and fill in at SG and SF, giving us some shooting and mistake-free play, I think he could be the X-factor [or one of them].

He also seems like a good practice guy for Snell and Murphy to emulate.

kurple
10-05-2013, 11:03 AM
Because he's a pain in the ass to control and to get to do what you want on a day to day basis. They got tired of him. Everyone does.
Kinda like Jr Smith?

Bigsmoke
10-05-2013, 10:53 PM
Rose, deng, and Boozer arent that much cheaper than Lebron, wade, and Bosh.

niko
10-05-2013, 11:17 PM
Kinda like Jr Smith?
Not at all. JR gets into trouble outside. He's not an annoyance, and his teammates don't hate him at all. The other Knicks love him, as does Woodson. JR is stupid but it's all off court stuff.

Nate annoys his coaches and his teammates. Nate's not stupid, he has some sort of emotional issues and concentration issues. He used to ask to be issued roommates on the road because if he was alone he got so bored he couldn't stand it. He can be told the simplest thing (don't talk to celebrities during the game was one in NY) and he can't do it because he'll forget in his excitement.

Have fun with him in Denver. He's a good player, and I personally think he's a real nice guy (nobody was nicer to the fans in NY - he was down 100%). But he's a pain in the ass and he'll wear out his welcome, is Denver special? He did it everywhere else.

jzek
10-05-2013, 11:58 PM
Why does EVERY team he signs with lets him go?

SamuraiSWISH
10-06-2013, 12:37 AM
Because he's a low IQ chucker, who provides little else beyond instant offense? He provided us what Ben Gordon did. An undersized SG who can score in the low to mid 20s on hot nights. Occasionally above that even on really hot nights, while providing little else impact wise outside of scoring. Robinson could actually pass way better than Ben Gordon, but it wasn't his mentality. Besides that, much like Gordon himself, his worth is over valued and therefore would demand money he most certainly wasn't worth.

If you paid attention, Nate Robinson didn't go off on great defenses like Miami in the playoffs the way he did against shoddy defense in the Brooklyn Nets the round before. And the Bulls were actually playing better when Hinrich was in the lineup over Robinson. Hinrich actually ran the offense like an intelligent PG should, and played superb defense. The second he was injured and was gone, the Nets actually started to make the series competitive. Why? Because Nate can't guard anyone, and Deron started playing much better than he had previously while Hinrich was guarding him.

He had some nice performances as a spark off the bench. But he's still a 5'7 SG, who chucks, has low IQ, is not shy about any shot ... and really isn't conducive as a main cog in a championship caliber basketball machine. He's a supplemental player at best off the bench, but his performances on occasion almost demand he be paid more than he should.

The Bulls letting him go makes perfect sense. With Rose back, he isn't needed at all. Certainly not at his price tag he would demand after some of the games he had in the first round v.s. Brooklyn. If he didn't demand so much money, he would've been a great fit off the bench with Hinrich to relieve Rose and Butler.

andremiller07
10-06-2013, 09:00 AM
I also been saying that since they got him he could very well be as important as Deng (Noah and Rose are #1/#2 in no particular order), I also reckon Snell has a good shot @ making a good career. Bulls are excellent @SG/SF right now and heading into the future.

poido123
10-06-2013, 09:17 AM
I also been saying that since they got him he could very well be as important as Deng (Noah and Rose are #1/#2 in no particular order), I also reckon Snell has a good shot @ making a good career. Bulls are excellent @SG/SF right now and heading into the future.

I agree.

I take my hat off to Dunleavy, he could of commanded more money in the open market than the 3 mill/year we gave him. He's a winner and wants to be a part of a hardworking team.

Just2McFly
10-06-2013, 07:29 PM
Bulls fans are kinda disgraceful, you guys wouldn't have seen the second round without this guy. He rose to the challenge and delivered big time and now people want to shit on him about him being "not as good" or " hard to control".

Then I see knicks fans defending JR Smith but bashing Nate.....:facepalm

oh lord

Bigsmoke
10-06-2013, 08:02 PM
Bulls fans are kinda disgraceful, you guys wouldn't have seen the second round without this guy. He rose to the challenge and delivered big time and now people want to shit on him about him being "not as good" or " hard to control".

oh lord

Nate wanted money so he had to go

JR is way better than Nate btw. Stop it

poido123
10-06-2013, 08:38 PM

oh lord

:biggums:

I love Nate and he did a real good job of filling in for Rose and played quite well for SOME of the games in the playoffs.

Now, you're going to flame the Bulls fans for agreeing to send him on his way? He is nothing more than a streaky scorer with ok passing. He wanted more money than we could give him. We already have 3 Point guards and keeping Nate means we would of had 4. Rose essentially does everything Nate can do and better.

Am I missing something here?

If you follow other sports, maybe you should stick to that because you don't seem to know shit about basketball.

NuggetsFan
10-06-2013, 09:23 PM
Streaky scorer, buckets off the bench kinda guy. He's a headache but as a Nuggets fan kinda use to it. Won't be any worse than J.R Smith. Only reason the signing for Denver really makes sense is because of how much we suck at 3's and he shot like 40% last year from deep? :confusedshrug:

Plays with alot of heart and gets up for the bigger moments. Always tried to go at Lawson whenever they played. Not THAT inefficient because he hits the 3 ball and isn't a complete turnover machine.

Had a really solid season last year, not a guy you can't live without. You can replace that production. Captain Kirk and Dunleavy can make up for it.

HomieWeMajor
10-06-2013, 09:28 PM
I think the Bulls should have kept him and played him at Small Forward after trading Deng

Just2McFly
10-07-2013, 12:26 AM
:biggums:

I love Nate and he did a real good job of filling in for Rose and played quite well for SOME of the games in the playoffs.

Now, you're going to flame the Bulls fans for agreeing to send him on his way? He is nothing more than a streaky scorer with ok passing. He wanted more money than we could give him. We already have 3 Point guards and keeping Nate means we would of had 4. Rose essentially does everything Nate can do and better.

Am I missing something here?

If you follow other sports, maybe you should stick to that because you don't seem to know shit about basketball.
You call Hinrich a point guard, anyone with eyes can see that he's DONE.

Stop with the shitty ass insults just because you're mad your team is too cheap to keep their good players.:oldlol:

poido123
10-07-2013, 06:00 AM

Stop with the shitty ass insults just because you're mad your team is too cheap to keep their good players.:oldlol:

Hinrich played pretty well in the recent preseason game. Excellent backup PG who plays solid defense and balances up Rose's shortcomings perfectly. But of course you know more about the Bulls players than Bulls fans themselves right? :rolleyes:

Now I think you're getting confused with your argument, is it that our owner is too cheap? Or that our fans want to get rid of Nate? Which one is it?

Go Getter
10-07-2013, 10:35 AM

Actually, when Kirk got hurt and Nate started we went from 3rd to 5th. Kirk's stats were slightly better than Nate's, so I don't see how people think so highly of Nate and so lowly of Kirk.

NugzFan
10-07-2013, 11:37 AM
this is probably the best response. nate robinson is a solid role player, but he doenst deserve the money hes gonna get in denver.

:oldlol:

you have no idea what he signed for, do you?