PDA

View Full Version : and people laughed when i said farmar, henry, young, kaman would change this team

kennethgriffin
10-06-2013, 12:23 AM
can see the huge difference confidence, decision making, hustle and skill

this team is instantly 10 times better at free throws because howard and metta are gone

sacre knows how to play defense without going for wild blocks to take himself out of position

and he also already has more offensive moves than dwight ever had. he has a great jump shot

its time to cut blake, meeks, and hill.. go with the new formula

HylianNightmare
10-06-2013, 12:28 AM
yeah let's take a game where they played withouth kobe, gasol and nash against the warriors trying out their new players very seriously,
if Xavier Henry scores this many points in the regular season please bump this thread

Xiao Yao You
10-06-2013, 12:28 AM
Might make the playoffs! :applause:

Jameerthefear
10-06-2013, 12:29 AM
lakers suck sorry man

Xover
10-06-2013, 12:31 AM
To call this a knee-jerk reaction would be far too generous of me

fpliii
10-06-2013, 12:32 AM
can see the huge difference confidence, decision making, hustle and skill

this team is instantly 10 times better at free throws because howard and metta are gone

sacre knows how to play defense without going for wild blocks to take himself out of position

and he also already has more offensive moves than dwight ever had. he has a great jump shot

its time to cut blake, meeks, and hill.. go with the new formula

Dude this is gonna be one of the worst defenses in the league in recent memory. No sugar-coating it.

PickernRoller
lakers suck sorry man

You suck, NO? :rolleyes:

kennethgriffin
it actually amazes me how much better at running point farmar is compared to steve blake

nick young is a 17-18ppg type player.

henry is our best 6th man. guy is very wise and poised

he likes to make decisions on offense. and has a nack for finding the right spots for put backs or catching it in the right area

kaman is solid

like this team..

Xiao Yao You
10-06-2013, 12:34 AM
it actually amazes me how much better at running point farmar is compared to steve blake

henry is our best 6th man. guy is very wise and poised for a rookie

he likes to make decisions on offense. and has a nack for finding the right spots for put backs or catching it in the right area

kaman is solid

like this team..

Young is more of a 6th man type. If he's scoring 17-18 a game they are in serious trouble!

Eric Cartman
10-06-2013, 12:35 AM

Nothing in that sentence is correct.

josh99
10-06-2013, 12:35 AM
Lol... Every pre-season...:banghead:

kennethgriffin
10-06-2013, 12:40 AM
Young is more of a 6th man type. If he's scoring 17-18 a game they are in serious trouble!

lmao wtf he's probably the 3rd best player on this team right now after kobe and gasol

hes arguably better than nash at this point in both their careers

nash wont be doing much this season. hes gonna play very limited minutes.

Xiao Yao You
10-06-2013, 12:42 AM
lmao wtf he's probably the 3rd best player on this team right now after kobe and gasol

hes arguably better than nash at this point in both their careers

nash wont be doing much this season. hes gonna play very limited minutes.

Than they are in serious trouble. Gasol has been on the decline for years. Kobe coming off a serious injury.

Johnny Jones
10-06-2013, 12:44 AM
X-Man is awful, trust me. I watched him all of last year he was one of the worst players in the league.

kennethgriffin
10-06-2013, 12:48 AM
X-Man is awful, trust me. I watched him all of last year he was one of the worst players in the league.

players play differently when theyre givin the right minutes, shots, team mates

DaSeba5
10-06-2013, 12:49 AM
They won a Preseason game. Might as well crown them champions now.

PickernRoller
10-06-2013, 12:52 AM

Coming from a heat fan that's priceless.

Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7......

DaSeba5
10-06-2013, 12:52 AM

IDK what that means.

ihoopallday
10-06-2013, 12:56 AM

:wtf: But Miami has actually been winning championships. Is this supposed to be a diss?

longtime lurker
10-06-2013, 12:59 AM
This thread is obviously hyperbole and the thread starter is a certified moron, but the Lakers could surprise a lot of teams this season depending on how soon Kobe gets back. They have a team suited for D'Antoni ball and Dwight's not around to ruin chemistry. They just push the tempo and aim to be a top 5 team in scoring. The best part about the Famar signing is that it cuts down Nash's minutes which is desperately needed.

inclinerator
10-06-2013, 01:00 AM
http://www.dudelol.com/DO-NOT-HOTLINK-IMAGES/They-laughed-at-my-combover.jpg

PickernRoller
10-06-2013, 01:01 AM
:wtf: But Miami has actually been winning championships. Is this supposed to be a diss?

Supposed to be an ironical self-reflection about a team boasting about winning jack before doing sh1t. Case in point the diss from your fellow Heat fan - which by all means was well intended as a joke.

Somehow I just knew I would get a reaction....:oldlol: Because I am right.

#number6ix#

Lol... Wtf does this even mean

KG215
Making sweeping conclusions based on the first (or any for that matter) preseason game.

Seems smart.

DaSeba5
10-06-2013, 01:04 AM
Supposed to be an ironical self-reflection about a team boasting about winning jack before doing sh1t. Case in point the diss from your fellow Heat fan - which by all means was well intended as a joke.

How lame... A Heat fan didn't say that, LeBron did, and Miami formed a "super team," so the hype was warranted. The Lakers don't look like a good team this season, so there's no comparison.

Even if LA is a solid team this year, the west is really tough from top to bottom, so I don't think they will make the playoffs. We'll see though.

PickernRoller
10-06-2013, 01:04 AM
Making sweeping conclusions based on the first (or any for that matter) preseason game.

Seems smart.

As good of a prediction as the Heat beating OKC as long as Lebron is in town. Pigeon Durant does what his master demands. Bend over every time.

kNicKz
10-06-2013, 01:09 AM
kaman is solid

like this team..

http://images.wikia.com/mk/images/2/25/Anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_966.jpg

PickernRoller
10-06-2013, 01:09 AM
How lame... A Heat fan didn't say that, LeBron did, and Miami formed a "super team," so the hype was warranted. The Lakers don't look like a good team this season, so there's no comparison.

Even if LA is a solid team this year, the west is really tough from top to bottom that I don't think they will make the playoffs. We'll see though.

So...the only lame asshole is you laughing at the "Lakers" with your preconceived notions and assertions about the future - based on one game.

As for that other conjecture. Last I checked, Lebron, with the consent of Wade and Bosh made those claims and the Heat bandwagon fanfare jumped into championship flight mode that season.....no exceptions, total consent. As you claim, the hype was warranted, and then they failed in 2011. There is irony all over the place.

Can't handle a diss, don't make one.

KG215
10-06-2013, 01:10 AM
As good of a prediction as the Heat beating OKC as long as Lebron is in town. Pigeon Durant does what his master demands. Bend over every time.
:confusedshrug:

What does Durant have to do with this? Someone's mad or insecure. Or both.

ukballer
10-06-2013, 01:10 AM
I would say I've missed Lakers fans and their overreactions. :D

But I haven't.

DaSeba5
10-06-2013, 01:11 AM
So...the only lame asshole is you laughing at the "Lakers" with your preconceived notions and assertions about the future - based on one game.

As for that other conjecture. Last I checked, Lebron, with the consent of Wade and Bosh made those claims and the Heat bandwagon fanfare jumped into championship flight mode that season.....no exceptions. As you claim, the hype was warranted, and then they failed in 2011. There is irony all over the place.

The Lakers aren't winning a title this year. I think that's safe to say.

Whether they can be a solid team this year, we'll see.

DaSeba5
10-06-2013, 01:12 AM
http://images.wikia.com/mk/images/2/25/Anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_966.jpg

This is a overreaction thread, so I just went with the OP.

ihoopallday
10-06-2013, 01:12 AM

:lol Did you forget how everyone crowning the Lakers champions right after they signed Howard and Nash. Don't talk about "team boasting before winning jack" when most of you Laker fans were doing it last year.

PickernRoller
10-06-2013, 01:13 AM

What does Durant have to do with this? Someone's mad or insecure. Or both.

Why would I be mad? :oldlol: :oldlol: Try explaining genious....

ukballer
10-06-2013, 01:14 AM

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/471/542/069.jpg

PickernRoller
10-06-2013, 01:14 AM
:lol Did you forget how everyone crowning the Lakers champions right after they signed Howard and Nash. Don't talk about "team boasting before winning jack" when most of you Laker fans were doing it last year.

Am I denying that or are Heat fans denying or somehow arguing the accuraccy of my claim? I am not denying my fanbase boasted. We did. Anything else?

No need to get upset....why stir the pot?

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/471/542/069.jpg

Grammar police where do I sing? o wait sign....

bdreason
10-06-2013, 01:15 AM
preseason is preseason.

kNicKz
10-06-2013, 01:16 AM

This is a overreaction thread, so I just went with the OP.

How though? OP said he liked the way his team looks.....is that an overreaction? Kind of grasping for something to go at him for. If someone not named kennethgriffin made this thread my money says you wouldn't be commenting in it

DaSeba5
10-06-2013, 01:16 AM
How though? OP said he liked the way his team looks.....is that an overreaction?

Yes. If you know the context of Kenny's posts, you would know he expects them to be really good and compete for a title. If I remember correctly, he said they would be in the Finals.

kNicKz
10-06-2013, 01:18 AM
Yes. If you know the context of Kenny's posts, you would know he expects them to be really good and compete for a title.

So you're commenting because expects the team he roots for to be good? Should he expect them to be bad because you do? Kind of destroys the point of being a fan of a team, no?

Budadiiii
10-06-2013, 01:19 AM
preseason is preseason.
No its not... basketball is basketball is basketball

what mental state do you operate in to say something as stupid as "preseason is preseason"

where the hell do you idiots come from? Did you not get provided your probiotics via your mothers breast milk? is that having a serious effect on the way your brain processes information?

come on.. :facepalm

DaSeba5
10-06-2013, 01:20 AM
He expects the team he roots for to be good? Should he expect them to be bad because you do? Kind of destroys the point of being a fan of a team, no?

I don't what you are rambling about, but he makes delusional posts all of the time and gets carried away. That's fine as a fan, but that's like me saying the Dolphins are going to win the SB. People are going to laugh at that opinion.

PickernRoller
10-06-2013, 01:21 AM
Yes. If you know the context of Kenny's posts, you would know he expects them to be really good and compete for a title. If I remember correctly, he said they would be in the Finals.

Not even you believe this sh1t.....same old, same old ISH. BS everywhere.

I don't what you are rambling about, but he makes delusional posts all of the time and gets carried away. That's fine as a fan, but that's like me saying the Dolphins are going to win the SB. People are going to laugh at that opinion.

You know Kenneth can just own you by denying this crap. After all it's your assumption of what he thinks.

kNicKz
10-06-2013, 01:22 AM

So you can't expect greatness out of a team you follow and are a diehard fan of?

Jesus, the decision really did destroy the mindset of new sports fans. If you support a team that isn't highly favored you're clowned on and called delusional :roll:

http://www.minnesotafunfacts.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/MiracleOnIce_Team.jpg

DaSeba5
10-06-2013, 01:24 AM
So you can't expect greatness out of a team you follow and are a diehard fan of?

Jesus, the decision really did destroy the mindset of new sports fans. If you support a team that isn't highly favored you're clowned on and called delusional :roll:

If they are not that good, yes. What if a Bobcats fan said they are going to win the NBA Championship after starting 2-0? People would laugh at them because it would be delusional unless they were actually really good, but they aren't.

PickernRoller
10-06-2013, 01:25 AM
I would say I've missed Lakers fans and their overreactions. :D

But I haven't.

Of course not. I'm sure you get used to it when you're a Clippers fan.

KG215
10-06-2013, 01:25 AM
I don't know...why did you bring Durant up when I didn't mention him in a thread that has nothing to do with OKC or Durant?

And if you're going to mock someone by calling them "genious", you might want to learn how to spell genius.

DaSeba5
10-06-2013, 01:26 AM
Maybe I'm just more of a realistic fan. If I don't think my team is going to be good, I'll say it. I didn't think the Marlins were going to win the NL East just because I was a fan.

kNicKz
10-06-2013, 01:27 AM
If they are not that good, yes. What if a Bobcats fan said they are going to win the NBA Championship after starting 2-0? People would laugh at them because it would be delusional unless they were actually really good, but they aren't.

A bobcats fan can't think his team is going to make noise after 2 good wins? Why the **** not? Is that not ok ? Not everyone takes their talents south bud , some stick it out. I understand though, not everyone is built for that

VIntageNOvel
10-06-2013, 01:28 AM
you guys complaining how griff and 9empire suck kobe dikc all the time,

but when theres a rare change when he act like one true fans, showing optimism and have faith in his team no matter how bad the situation, and not even mentioning kobe, you guys still hang him up :facepalm

appreciate this moment :applause:

PickernRoller
I don't know...why did you bring Durant up when I didn't mention him in a thread that has nothing to do with OKC or Durant?

And if you're going to mock someone by calling them "genious", you might want to learn how to spell genius.

So much butthurt in this thread. Just got back and got all the clowns riled up :oldlol: :oldlol:

I just made a prediction. I am having a hard time understanding your "mad" and "insecure" accusations. Unless you believe I am not free to make a prediction. Explain geniOus. How about you sit back and let adults do the talking. You're clearly a step slow.

Loving that rep - just turned red. Keep it up.

DaSeba5
A bobcats fan can't think his team is going to make noise after 2 good wins? Why the **** not? Is that not ok ? Not everyone takes their talents south bud , some stick it out. I understand though, not everyone is built for that

IDK what this means. I'm used to losing. Something like the best player coming to Miami is not something I'm accustomed to. That's something I'm used to seeing teams like Lakers and Yankees do.

The Dolphins, Hurricanes, Marlins, and Panthers aren't exactly championship contenders every year.

kNicKz
10-06-2013, 01:29 AM
you guys complaining how griff and 9empire suck kobe dikc all the time,
but when theres a rare change when he act like one true fans, showing optimism and have faith in his team no matter how bad the situation, and not even mentioning kobe, you guys still hang him up :facepalm

Seriously, in this rare case he actually made a thread simply saying he had high hopes for the future. No trolling, crazy predictions, just said his teams new players looked solid. Immediately shit on and accused of delusion :roll:

kNicKz
10-06-2013, 01:31 AM
IDK what this means. I'm used to losing.

http://replygif.net/i/412.gif

KG215
10-06-2013, 01:31 AM
So much butthurt in this thread. Just got back and got all the clowns riled up :oldlol: :oldlol:

I just made a prediction just like you. I am having a hard time understanding your "mad" and "insecure" accusations. Unless you believe I am not free to make a prediction. Explain geniOus. How about you sit back and let adults do the talking. You're clearly a step slow.

"Making sweeping conclusions based on the first preseason game" isn't a prediction, "genious".

DaSeba5
10-06-2013, 01:33 AM
http://replygif.net/i/412.gif

Oh look it's the join date argument. You must have became a fan in 2011.

EDIT: Plus you only quote part of my post, and ignore the rest.

ihoopallday
10-06-2013, 01:34 AM

Sorry, but OP trolls 99% of the time on here. We're not gonna act like he's trying to be serious all of a sudden.

kNicKz
10-06-2013, 01:36 AM
Bandwagon fans be like

http://replygif.net/i/358.gif

Before the Heat won a chip I was dedicated even though I didn't even follow basketball, who is asking ??!?!

PickernRoller
10-06-2013, 01:37 AM
Sorry, but OP trolls 99% of the time on here. We're not gonna act like he's trying to be serious all of a sudden.

Heat fans acting too serious when the joke turns back on them. Isn't that the reason you're here? Don't answer since denial is not an option.

DaSeba5
10-06-2013, 01:39 AM
I know I'm being trolled. I just like going back and forth with Knickz.

I always like to talk trash with Knick fans

VIntageNOvel
10-06-2013, 01:40 AM

so you are one of those "ohh the thug black dude wandering around neighborhood, must be doin something bad, its alright to follow him, let me bring my gun too, in case i need some self defense measure" :facepalm

stop with the assumption,
yes hes trollin 99% of the time,
why do you need to troll the 1% too

kNicKz
10-06-2013, 01:43 AM
I know I'm being trolled. I just like going back and forth with Knickz.

I always like to talk trash with Knick fans

so you're a heat fan commenting in a Lakers pre season thread attempting to clown OP yet you are the one being trolled? #Datlogic

ihoopallday
10-06-2013, 01:44 AM
so you are one of those "ohh the thug black dude wandering around neighborhood, must be doin something bad, its alright to follow him, let me bring my gun too, in case i need some self defense measure" :facepalm

:roll: :roll: Wtf are you talking about.

VIntageNOvel
10-06-2013, 01:46 AM
:roll: :roll: Wtf are you talking about.

nah just some zimmerman analogy

seriously though i feel bad for OP
maybe he should just stick to create Kobe Love thread instead

kNicKz
10-06-2013, 01:46 AM

:biggums:

DaSeba5
10-06-2013, 01:48 AM
so you're a heat fan commenting in a Lakers pre season thread attempting to clown OP yet you are the one being trolled? #Datlogic

I'm being trolled by you to get into a serious discussion about fandom. I enjoy going back and forth with you. IDC if you think I'm a bandwagon fan. I mean I can understand optimism, but realize who the OP is. Kenny and Rip are the TonyMontana/Silk of the Laker fans. Yes I was trolling the OP, but he's one of those people that deserves to be.

AintNoSunshine
10-06-2013, 01:58 AM
Seriously, if a healthy Kobe can't at least get to the conference finals with all these amazing help he's gotta be overrated, especially after last year when he had Howard Gasol Nash and Metta

Fiasco
10-06-2013, 02:01 AM
There should be a limit to how many threads you can make in a month if you've got that many red bars.

Jameerthefear
10-06-2013, 02:05 AM

http://i.imgur.com/QaP3dLb.gif

coin24
10-06-2013, 02:30 AM
Championship cruise, all aboard!:party: :djparty :hammertime:

VIntageNOvel
10-06-2013, 02:35 AM

Big 3 :banana:

X Man, Kobe, Swag :rockon:

qrich
10-06-2013, 05:50 AM
Over/Under.

It takes Henry 7 regular season games to net 29 points, total.

SwayDizzle
10-06-2013, 05:57 AM
yesssss :djparty :djparty :djparty

UtahJazzFan88
10-06-2013, 06:31 AM
Farmer, Swaggy P, and Kaman were good pick-ups but **** it was one preseason game.

chips93
10-06-2013, 07:11 AM
Over/Under.

7 laker games, or 7 games where he actually plays?

nevermind, ill go over regardless

andremiller07
10-06-2013, 07:34 AM
Kaman is a good pick up and while Young, Johnson, Williams and Henry are all scrubs they are all athletic and reasonably talented scrubs so the off season could have been far worse. Healthy Jordan Hill gives Lakers solid big rotation of Gasol, Kaman and Hill.

kennethgriffin
10-30-2013, 03:31 AM
yup

"but its only a pre season game"

now

"but its only a regular season game"

lmao

PickernRoller
10-30-2013, 03:34 AM
Kenneth owned a few souls today.

kennethgriffin
10-30-2013, 03:34 AM

kaman is solid

like this team..

:roll:

who's awful?

andremiller07
10-30-2013, 03:36 AM
Repped

Jordan Hill is the real Manimal not Faried

kennethgriffin
10-30-2013, 03:38 AM
i predicted henry would be the best player off the bench

.. almost a month later.. he's dropping 20+ on the "future" wcf champions ( according to tnt )

KyleKong
10-30-2013, 03:39 AM
What drink was for the Clippers?

kennethgriffin
10-30-2013, 03:46 AM
Over/Under.

:roll:

maybe if he skips the next 6

coin24
10-30-2013, 04:08 AM

Just as i thought:lol

This team shits on last years, at least everyone wants to be there and plays hard:rockon: Hopefully Hill can stay healthy and fu*ktard Dantoni plays him more.

MJ(Mean John)
10-30-2013, 04:43 AM
What I'm tripping about is that Farmar, Young, Henry, and even Kaman really help this team and not only that they contribute but in a way where they are young guys that hustle and fight and have energy. Something our team has lacked for quite some time.

I think that IF THIS TEAM CAN CONTINUE to play together and play well and build and you add kobe that IS STILL 80% as good as he was last year and trusts his teammates and nash is healthy and pau is healthy (pau is better without dwight)
this team will surprise people and hit the playoffs

MJ(Mean John)
10-30-2013, 04:44 AM
Just as i thought:lol

This team shits on last years, at least everyone wants to be there and plays hard:rockon: Hopefully Hill can stay healthy and fu*ktard Dantoni plays him more.
this team likes each other and plays hard. A lot of young perimeter guys who can create opportunities by just running the floor.

Dwight was killing our team. Inserting Pau we have offense and adding a different 4, and our players are athletic and young with energy. Should be fun.

Eric Cartman
10-30-2013, 05:12 AM
Repped.

yeaaaman
10-30-2013, 12:27 PM
I know this is ISH so this is the regular..but it's only 1 game?

Goldrush25
10-30-2013, 01:35 PM
Dude, this team is going to get its shite pushed in on the regular this year. Don't let last night fool you.

Fudge
10-30-2013, 01:41 PM
They look so much better without Kobe. Better chemistry, better floor spacing, better ball movement. Just an all-around better looking team.

alwaysunny
10-30-2013, 01:46 PM
OP is a genius for knowing lakers are better off without Kobe :applause:

NBASTATMAN
10-30-2013, 01:57 PM

kaman is solid

like this team..

Farmar is a good player and when he played in NJ I believed he ran the team better than Deron did. He isn't in Deron's league as a player but he always played well as pt when Deron was out. The kid is a nice player and does make a difference.. In Dantoni system he will thrive...

The Iron Fist
10-30-2013, 03:06 PM
What I'm tripping about is that Farmar, Young, Henry, and even Kaman really help this team and not only that they contribute but in a way where they are young guys that hustle and fight and have energy. Something our team has lacked for quite some time.

I think that IF THIS TEAM CAN CONTINUE to play together and play well and build and you add kobe that IS STILL 80% as good as he was last year and trusts his teammates and nash is healthy and pau is healthy (pau is better without dwight)
this team will surprise people and hit the playoffs
The only people who will be surprised, are the ones who just don't like the Lakers. We seen this same scenario In 06 & 07, "the Lakers suck, they'll miss the playoffs and finish 12th. Nothing but scrubs on that team."

This team, is actually better. Good mix of vets with young, fast, athletic guys who will hustle night in and night out.

The Iron Fist
10-30-2013, 03:06 PM
OP is a genius for knowing lakers are better off without Kobe :applause:
Tell us how that worked out in the playoffs.