PDA

View Full Version : 2013-2014 NBA MVP **official prediction thread**

TheMarkMadsen
10-06-2013, 07:22 PM
Give your # 1 candidate followed by at least 3 others including one dark horse.

My 2013-2014 MVP prediction:

2013-2014 MVP = Derrick Rose.

Reason: Last time this guy was healthy for a full year he was MVP, one of if not the most exciting player in the game today who will have all on eyes on him especially to start the season. If he can come back as good or better than before play at least 70 games & lead the Bulls to a 1st or 2nd seed the award is his. IMO it's his to lose as he really hasn't had a chance to defend his MVP crown as of yet. The story can write itself.

Next 2 candidates.. Lebron James- Best player on the best team. However with D rose's return & many other superstars fighting for 1st & 2nd seeds with far less talent than Lebron has around him I think it'll be hard for Bron to get the 2014 MVP. Unless of course they have a 27 game win streak and lose 16 games. I see D Wade re emerging as a bigger part of the offense to so that could hinder Lebrons chances.

Kevin Durant- last year was supposed to be his year, however that just didnt happen. If he continues to improve his overall game and leads OKC to a 1st seed, it could easily be Durant.

Dark hoarse: Carmelo Anthony. Was a MVP candidate for most of the year last year thanks in large part to the Knicks/Melos hot start. If he can end the season the way he began it last year, Melo could be your 2014 MVP. His defense and overall impact will have to show up in his teams W & L column.

So there are my picks.

Who you got?

Fresh Kid
10-06-2013, 07:24 PM
Carmelo Anthony.

TheMarkMadsen
10-06-2013, 07:27 PM
Carmelo Anthony.

My only concern is if Melo can sustain his MVP level play over an 82 game season

L3B120N J4M35
10-06-2013, 07:30 PM
Stephen Curry or Chris Paul. Bookmark this post! one of the two will get it.

HoopsFanNumero1
10-06-2013, 07:35 PM
Rose getting two MVPs would be a travesty. I'll go with Durant as my top pick and Lebron as the second.

Eric Cartman
10-06-2013, 07:38 PM
Lebron James.

TheReal Kendall
10-06-2013, 07:39 PM
Carmelo Anthony:pimp:

Young X
10-06-2013, 07:44 PM
CP3

DaSeba5
10-06-2013, 07:45 PM
LeBron or Durant

aj1987
10-06-2013, 07:46 PM
Either Durant or Lebron. I don't see anyone else winning it over these two.

Fudge
10-06-2013, 07:50 PM
Durant
LeBron
Rose

One of those 3

KrizMiz
10-06-2013, 08:01 PM
Lamar Odom!

LosBulls
10-06-2013, 08:11 PM
Melo.

Rose will do good but he won't be in peak shape until next season.

Melo is going to get his and I know hes getting tired of being the underdog. New York is his and hes going to prove that.

fpliii
10-06-2013, 08:47 PM
CP3

Suguru101
10-06-2013, 08:59 PM
LeBron is going to win it unless the Thunder win something like 65 games...

Also, Dwight Howard is the only other player apart from KD and LB, Rose is very good, but he's not going to win over prime LeBron and KD..

Budadiiii
10-06-2013, 08:59 PM
KD will win barring injury. The talk around OKC is Durant has been working harder than ever and I talked to PJ3 the other day and he told me Durant is in rare form. - He's angry. Focused. Driven more than ever and the Westbrook injury makes him want to prove himself even more.

The talk about him getting bigger and stronger is absolutely true, PJ said he hes the best post player on OKC and he's going to feast this year. Also talked about how his defense will be elite this year too.

Dudes not even bullshitting either, he said he saw this guy improve tremendously this offseason mentally and physically. He said everyone on the team is willing to sacrifice everything to win a ring.

Expect big things from Durant this year - and the Thunder as a whole. I feel like people are underestimating the grit of this team and forget they have two top 5 players and a huge chip on their shoulder. They hear all the chatter about not having enough pieces to win and that motivates every single guy on the club more than you can imagine.

Thunder 2014 Champs - I don't envision any other outcome

Meticode
10-06-2013, 09:01 PM
LeBron James

All he needs to do is put up a similiar season, even a little less than he did last year and he'll win it unless Durant improves by leaps and bounds.

Miller for 3
10-06-2013, 09:02 PM
Dwight Howard :bowdown:

BuffaloBill
10-06-2013, 09:04 PM
Marco Belinelli

CanYouDigIt
10-06-2013, 09:04 PM
Dwight Howard :bowdown:
:cheers:

Budadiiii
10-06-2013, 09:06 PM
LeBron is going to win it unless the Thunder win something like 65 games...

Also, Dwight Howard is the only other player apart from KD and LB, Rose is very good, but he's not going to win over prime LeBron and KD..
Are you serious? Durant is in a perfect position to win this year. Will be without Westbrook for the first month or two. As long as he puts up the stats he's supposed to, remains injury free, and OKC secures a top 3 seed in the deep ass west, he'll get the benefit of the doubt because of his lack of a supporting cast that James has. I think Rose is a better candidate than James this year. The Heat will be in cruise mode in the reg season - James will be worried about remaining healthy and building up team chemistry for the playoffs - Durant on the other hand feels like this is HIS time and he has incentive to go hard every single game of the reg season. Huge chip on his shoulder and lets not forget James already has 4 and voters are known to spread the wealth.

Suguru101
10-06-2013, 09:19 PM
Are you serious? Durant is in a perfect position to win this year. Will be without Westbrook for the first month or two. As long as he puts up the stats he's supposed to, remains injury free, and OKC secures a top 3 seed in the deep ass west, he'll get the benefit of the doubt because of his lack of a supporting cast that James has. I think Rose is a better candidate than James this year. The Heat will be in cruise mode in the reg season - James will be worried about remaining healthy and building up team chemistry for the playoffs - Durant on the other hand feels like this is HIS time and he has incentive to go hard every single game of the reg season. Huge chip on his shoulder and lets not forget James already has 4 and voters are known to spread the wealth.

The Heat will not be in cruise mode this year, in interviews in camp i read about James and Spo talking about how the East has improved and that Home Court will be crucial.

I don't know if the Thunder will stay as a top 3 team in the West with Westbrook out a month or more.

I don't know if the Bulls will win more games than the Heat. So Rose is not a better MVP candidate in any argument.

What i know is that LeBron will be at his absolute peak this year after improving on 3-point shooting, post game and now free-throws.

I know that LeBron is better than Durant, and the Heat are going for a 3-peat.

LeBron is probably going to win the MVP.

KyleKong
10-06-2013, 09:20 PM
Who will deserve it? LeBron or Paul

Who will win it? Durant because the media votes on the MVP award and they will try to create even more of a rivalry for Durant/LeBron.

G-train
10-06-2013, 09:24 PM
LBJ
Dark horse: James Harden/Kevin Love

Suguru101
10-06-2013, 09:29 PM
LBJ
Dark horse: James Harden/Kevin Love

I actually hope Love has an MVP kind of season, but i don't know if they will have a good enough record for him to be taken seriously. I expect the Wolves to win around 47-49 games.

Harden will probably have awesome stats, but i would expect Howard to have more votes.

HomieWeMajor
10-06-2013, 09:31 PM
Dwight Howard will win it while playing on a 62 win Rockets

qrich
10-06-2013, 09:47 PM
LeBron will most likely win it, as long as Miami ends up with a top 2 overall record. Best player on the best team, not much of a comparison.

Durant will end up second, yet again. Paul will finish in third with Rose/Howard at a distant fourth/fifth. I could see Curry possibly cracking the top five as well.

Lebron23
10-06-2013, 11:57 PM
Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose, or Dwight Howard.

red1
10-07-2013, 12:47 AM
lebron

Fudge
10-07-2013, 01:27 AM
It really depends how Durant plays through the first month or so without Russ. If he and the team plays great...it would be a really big plus for him if the race is close towards the end of the season.

Deuce Bigalow
10-07-2013, 02:47 AM
Dwight Howard will win it while playing on a 62 win Rockets
He's not even the best player on his team.

AintNoSunshine
10-07-2013, 02:49 AM
Lebron 30%
Durant 30%
CP3 15%
Melo 15%
rose 5%
others 5%

It might very well end up being Lebron again. Durant's team might not be good enough without Russ to start the season and with another weapon in KMart gone. If his team record isn't impressive enough he's not winning it over Lebro

CP3 has a good shot depending on how he's improved team performs over the course of the season.

Melo I doubt he can sustain the high level he showed in the first half of last year, also I don't think Knicks will do as well as the first half of last season

Pacers doesn't have anyone that stands out.

Rose is just back and I don't think he'll be as good, and let's face it, someone like Rose isn't winning MVP twice.

avonbarksdale
10-07-2013, 02:57 AM
lebron
durant
melo

TonyMontana
10-07-2013, 03:15 AM
The way the MVP works you have to keep getting better to win it. They get bored of giving it to the same guy.

So for LeBron to win it, he'd have to shoot 60% from the field as a perimeter player as opposed to the 56% last year. Unrealistic expectations, so I think they'll give it to Durant this year despite LeBron being the unquestionable best player in the league.

All Net
10-07-2013, 03:30 AM
Lebron or durant

Like it is every year.

SwayDizzle
10-07-2013, 04:21 AM
Kobe's gonna win it. He'll come back more determined than ever

Wavves
10-07-2013, 04:40 AM
I see Durant finally winning this year. Lebron will be right with him at the end though.

Eric Cartman
10-07-2013, 05:01 AM
The way the MVP works you have to keep getting better to win it. They get bored of giving it to the same guy.

So for LeBron to win it, he'd have to shoot 60% from the field as a perimeter player as opposed to the 56% last year. Unrealistic expectations, so I think they'll give it to Durant this year despite LeBron being the unquestionable best player in the league.

Similar to when they gave it to Rose in 2011 or Charles Barkley over Jordan.

TheReturn
10-07-2013, 05:07 AM
Lebron
Durant
Rose

Dark Horse: Carmelo

secund2nun
10-07-2013, 05:16 AM
The only legit mvp caliber players in the nba are Lebron, Durant, Howard, and Duncan.

andremiller07
10-07-2013, 05:23 AM
With the added shooting the Clippers got CP3 could rack up a large amount of assists and his teams are always good during the regular season so he would be my darkhorse to win it after Lebron and Durrant.

Hoopz2332
10-07-2013, 05:24 AM
Either Durant or Lebron. I don't see anyone else winning it over these two.

this

Fresh Kid
10-07-2013, 03:37 PM
The only legit mvp caliber players in the nba are Lebron, Durant, Howard, and Duncan.
:biggums:

RoundMoundOfReb
10-07-2013, 03:40 PM
LeBron James.

lakerspng
10-07-2013, 04:03 PM
Kobe's gonna pull a Peyton Manning.

career over? nope, better than ever.

watch it happen.

Shade8780
10-07-2013, 04:16 PM
LeBron.

If Silver decides that he wants to have some change from the usual LeBron, I think KD will have a monster scoring season with no Harden or Martin and it'll be given to him.

NumberSix
10-07-2013, 04:19 PM
D-Wade

Fresh Kid
10-07-2013, 04:20 PM
D-Wade
:oldlol:

branslowski
10-07-2013, 04:23 PM
1. Derrick Rose or Steph Curry (tied, idk who to pick lol) Both 2 of my top 5 fav players. D Rose gonna come back from injury and shit on the league. And Steph is gonna be even greater next season. He also has a solid high powered squad to work with. I'm hoping for a Steph-Rose Co MVP, but ofcource if I had to pick 1, I'd pick Derrick Rose for MVP.

2. Durant.(but overshadowed at times by true team leader Westbrook's emergence)

3. LeBron (although media will prob vote him even with regular numbers)

Darkhorse: Kobe Bryant- In a perfect world I could see Kobe leading the forgotten Lakers to a 55 win season. Would prob finish 2nd to the Thunders record, but Kobe would have beaten Thunder twice during the regular season, and then avg 27-6-7 on 48%Fg and get votes off of being old and coming off injury and his late game clutch ability and his multiple 40pt games with 2 50pt games in there. (I know, delusional-esque but a man can dream right?)

Budadiiii
04-03-2014, 04:18 PM
KD will win barring injury. The talk around OKC is Durant has been working harder than ever and I talked to PJ3 the other day and he told me Durant is in rare form. - He's angry. Focused. Driven more than ever and the Westbrook injury makes him want to prove himself even more.

The talk about him getting bigger and stronger is absolutely true, PJ said he hes the best post player on OKC and he's going to feast this year. Also talked about how his defense will be elite this year too.

Dudes not even bullshitting either, he said he saw this guy improve tremendously this offseason mentally and physically. He said everyone on the team is willing to sacrifice everything to win a ring.

Expect big things from Durant this year - and the Thunder as a whole. I feel like people are underestimating the grit of this team and forget they have two top 5 players and a huge chip on their shoulder. They hear all the chatter about not having enough pieces to win and that motivates every single guy on the club more than you can imagine.

Perry Jones has been saying it all year.

I trust this guys word.

IncarceratedBob
04-03-2014, 04:23 PM
Who would have guessed that shit wouldn't even be close this year?

LeBron looks like a shell of his former self and Durant is now clearly the best player on the planet. It's crazy how shit can chance in just one year.

zoom17
04-03-2014, 04:24 PM
Kobe's gonna pull a Peyton Manning.

career over? nope, better than ever.

watch it happen.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Budadiiii
04-03-2014, 04:26 PM
Who would have guessed that shit wouldn't even be close this year?

LeBron looks like a shell of his former self and Durant is now clearly the best player on the planet. It's crazy how shit can chance in just one year.
Shit is cray.

His hairline took another step back too. Shit changes very quickly. Gotta enjoy the short time we have.

sd3035
04-03-2014, 04:28 PM
I think I'll go with Durant

pauk
04-03-2014, 04:51 PM
KD got it this year, he could had it maybe even last year aswell if Westbrook was out like this season... i always said that if Westbrook didnt play it could either catapult him towards the MVP or break his MVP candidacy (risk of KD/OKC losing to much afterall)... This season he finally had the type of offensive freedom he never had before, if Westbrook was out last season for example i think we would have seen the exact same productions from KD aswell, what you have seen this season from him is not necessarily the entire result of an improvement, but mostly the result of offensive freedom..... and it thankfully translated to team success aswell...

I mean i think KD has been THIS statistically capable since a couple of years ago maybe... the difference this season is his career high level off. possessions & usage % as he was even allowed to handle the ball/orchestrate the offense for an entire game if he wished..... he wouldnt be that productive if Westbrook was around the entire season and imo that could have maybe even bottlenecked his MVP candidacy just a tiny bit... just like last year.... and that tiny bit is all it takes to cost you the MVP when you are up against Lebron for MVP, KD really needed to give his absolute best performance throughout the entire season & win while doing so..... and it happened, congrats!

Trollsmasher
04-03-2014, 04:57 PM
OP's pick tho:facepalm

aj1987
04-03-2014, 11:34 PM
OP's pick tho:facepalm
OP is known idiot, so no surprise.

Leftimage
04-04-2014, 03:49 AM
If Silver decides that he wants to have some change from the usual LeBron, I think KD will have a monster scoring season with no Harden or Martin and it'll be given to him.

the prophet :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

no pun intended
04-04-2014, 03:52 AM

Perry Jones has been saying it all year.

I trust this guys word.
Gotta credit KD's ball handling more than his post-play and defense for this MVP season though.

Genaro
04-04-2014, 04:09 AM
Rose is quite overrated around here. Look at all those guys picking him.
Even if he wasn't injured he souldn't be consider MVP material and we all should agree that 2011 was a travesty.