PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Bennett is fat.

iDunk
10-08-2013, 08:55 PM
Watching him right now this guy looks like he's having a tough time getting up & down the court.

Hashtag bust.

noob cake
10-08-2013, 08:58 PM
Watching him right now this guy looks like he's having a tough time getting up & down the court.

Hashtag bust.

He looks like a C out there. Not a SF that he wanted to be.

This kid needs a year to get in shape. I don't see him doing anything this year.

Irving is phenomenal as usual. Thompson is dominant. Waiters is just a beast physically.

TonyMontana
10-08-2013, 09:00 PM
I called him being a bust as soon as he was drafted. Literally the only thing positive about him is his wingspan.

-Hes fat
-Not a great shooter
-Not a great creator
-Not tall enough to be an effective 4, too fat,slow to be an effective 3.

Meticode
10-08-2013, 09:00 PM
Dion Waiters was fat when drafted. So was Irving at over 10% body fat which was said to be high for a PG.

Give him a break, he just came off shoulder surgery. All those players were just coming off injuries when they were drafted.

DukeDelonte13
10-08-2013, 09:02 PM
he just started basketball activities 3 weeks ago. I'm not too concerned.

Meticode
10-08-2013, 09:03 PM
Niqqas be expecting players to be totally ripped and fit coming off injuries.

noob cake
10-08-2013, 09:03 PM
Damn the guy is explosive for being such a fatty.

Wow, he has some skills... lol

Meticode
10-08-2013, 09:04 PM
Just as I typed this Bennett had a alley-oop for a dunk. :oldlol:

niko
10-08-2013, 09:04 PM
Dion Waiters was fat when drafted. So was Irving at over 10% body fat which was said to be high for a PG.

Give him a break, he just came off shoulder surgery. All those players were just coming off injuries when they were drafted.
That's better, coming off surgery and out of shape, not just out of shape. Much better. Good pick.

Meticode
10-08-2013, 09:05 PM
Damn the guy is explosive for being such a fatty.

Wow, he has some skills... lol
Grant it, he's out of shape obviously, but calling him plain fat is an exaggeration. He'll work his way back into game shape and start catching up.

Twiens
10-08-2013, 09:06 PM
It doesn't take that long to get into shape, he'll be good a month into the season

B-Low
10-08-2013, 09:08 PM
He does look a little soft but jesus christ if he can turn that fat into muscle he's gonna be a force

DukeDelonte13
10-08-2013, 09:14 PM
He does look a little soft but jesus christ if he can turn that fat into muscle he's gonna be a force

he's only 20. He's a physical specimen. He's no tweener. He's a 4 all the way.

LilEddyCurry
10-08-2013, 09:20 PM
Bennett looks so rusty and exhausted.

RoseCity07
10-08-2013, 10:53 PM
I called him being a bust as soon as he was drafted. Literally the only thing positive about him is his wingspan.

-Hes fat
-Not a great shooter
-Not a great creator
-Not tall enough to be an effective 4, too fat,slow to be an effective 3.

Same thing. 6-8 PF, lol 99 percent chance of being a bust. Chuck Hayes is one of the few short power forwards that work out. I have no idea what Cleveland was thinking with this pick. Unless their plan was to pick someone that sucks for another tank season I think their GM needs to be fired. That or Dan Gilbert can sell the team because that is just reckless to do with your number 1 pick.

Meticode
10-09-2013, 02:36 AM
Same thing. 6-8 PF, lol 99 percent chance of being a bust. Chuck Hayes is one of the few short power forwards that work out. I have no idea what Cleveland was thinking with this pick. Unless their plan was to pick someone that sucks for another tank season I think their GM needs to be fired. That or Dan Gilbert can sell the team because that is just reckless to do with your number 1 pick.
It's easy to sit on the outside and say that when you don't know what Noel's knee was like, or what to expect from Otto Porter. They took a risky pick. Lots of downside, but lots of reward if it works out.

Also you put too much faith into height. The guy maybe 6-8, but his shoulders and frame is as wide as Andrew Bynum, and he has a big lower body as well. He just needs to get in shape. Not to mention his 7'1" wingspan.

I can't believe people call busts when not even an official game that counts has been played yet.

Knee jerks I swear.

SpurrDurr
10-09-2013, 03:06 AM
He's way out of shape and didn't look good tonight but it's way too early to define him a bust.

Just look at Waiters, this year he lost a lot of weight and is looking better and better on the court, expect him to have a breakout season.

East_Stone_Ya
10-09-2013, 05:22 AM
he ain't fat at all just big boned. And how can anyone call him a bust when he hasn't played a regular season game yet

tomtucker
10-09-2013, 05:28 AM
he ain't fat at all just big boned. And how can anyone call him a bust when he hasn't played a regular season game yet
:roll: what all fat fuks say :lol

mugiwara
10-09-2013, 05:48 AM
Anthony Bennett will not be a bust.

TheReturn
10-09-2013, 06:09 AM
Normally I'm not a fan of tweeners at the 3-4 position, but it seems to me he is big and long enough to be a 4. He just needs to get used to the NBA game.

DukeDelonte13
10-09-2013, 07:43 AM
Normally I'm not a fan of tweeners at the 3-4 position, but it seems to me he is big and long enough to be a 4. He just needs to get used to the NBA game.

agreed. He is clearly big enough to be a 4. 6-8, 255 lbs (right now) and a confirmed 39'' inch vert. He grabbed 10 boards in 23 minutes yesterday. For Bennett size and conditioning won't be an issue, it's going to be intensity and hustle. He doesn't strike me as a high motor type of player. Regardless, It looks like the team has bought in to Mike Brown's philosophies so Bennett won't look nowhere near as bad as some of the other cavs rookies did under Byron Scott.

chips93
10-09-2013, 08:08 AM
Knee jerks I swear.

same people who thought we should have taken derrick williams instead of kyrie

we wont know for sure whether it was a smart pick or not for at least a year or two.

JtotheIzzo
10-09-2013, 08:24 AM
Kid's coming off shoulder surgery, check back in November.

Besides, he played college at 242lbs so it isn't like he is a small dude.

Also, he had 10 rebounds and got to the line 8 times in 23 minutes, not bad for his first NBA game. I THINK the kid can play a bit of four. His shooting sucked, but that is part and parcel with being on the shelf for four months with a shoulder.

He is rusty as shit, but the explosiveness, and rebounding are already back, once he gets his wind and legs, ROY all the way.

FatComputerNerd
10-09-2013, 09:36 AM
I can't believe people are saying he isn't tall enough to be a 4.

I was (still am) one of the ones hoping he can drop a little weight and ultimately play some minutes at the 3 spot, but the dude looked simply HUGE out there.

If Ben Wallace who has small hands was able to play at the 5 being only 6'7ish, I don't see why Bennett can't be a 4, given his wingspan, and how big and strong he looks.

Height isn't always everything, and there have been plenty of successful PF's 6'8 and smaller.

SilkkTheShocker
10-09-2013, 10:19 AM
Dude is going to be a force around the basket. 75% of this board was calling Irving a bust in 2011.

DukeDelonte13
10-09-2013, 11:09 AM
Dude is going to be a force around the basket. 75% of this board was calling Irving a bust in 2011.

:oldlol: i think irving scored 7 in his preseason debut as well