PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on this tattoo ?

Hoodlum Science
10-09-2013, 09:36 PM
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff175/LegendofJosh1/world-map-tattoo_zpsf43ebbc7.jpg (http://s240.photobucket.com/user/LegendofJosh1/media/world-map-tattoo_zpsf43ebbc7.jpg.html)

What do you guys think of this tat? Personally, I'm feelin' it. It's dope, original and could even be sexy on the right chick if pulled off correctly.

B-Low
10-09-2013, 09:39 PM
It's cool. I'd probably add at least a little shading/detail to it but it's a clean design

Budadiiii
10-09-2013, 09:43 PM
I really dislike tattoos on females.

It's a cool idea, but I wouldn't want that shit on my girl.

Tattoos are basically a way for someone to say - "Look at me, I'm cool and original, acknowledge my existence"

Usually people with tattoos are lazy and feel unsatisfied with their place on the social ladder. Many times they are trying to overcompensate for their lack of success.

TheReal Kendall
10-09-2013, 09:48 PM

Tattoos are basically a way for someone to say - "Look at me, I'm cool and original, acknowledge my existence"

Usually people with tattoos are lazy and feel unsatisfied with their place on the social ladder. Many times they are trying to overcompensate for their lack of success.

I feel like you do this with your posts.

The tat is cool. I love women with tats. She should add more to it.

I would like to know what it means to her.

L.Kizzle
10-09-2013, 09:49 PM
Only tatts chicks should have is on their lower back.

DukeDelonte13
10-09-2013, 09:50 PM
unique idea but its gonna look stupid as f*ck when she's older. that's my problem with tattoos. Sure they may in some cases look cool when you are younger but almost always without fail they just wind up looking stupid and trashy. Can't wait to see a new class of middle aged dudes with massive tribals in a couple of years.

highwhey
10-09-2013, 09:52 PM

that stereotype is not always accurate, like other stereotypes. My friends brother is a tattoo artist and he travels the u.s. quite frequently. I follow his instagram and while he primarily works at a local shop, it seems as if he's in another state doing tattoos almost every other week.

Just recently he said he's moving out of town permanently. He's quite successful if you ask me.

HylianNightmare
10-09-2013, 09:54 PM
let's see how it looks in 5 years, gonna have some continental drift i bet

B-Low
10-09-2013, 09:56 PM
unique idea but its gonna look stupid as f*ck when she's older. that's my problem with tattoos. Sure they may in some cases look cool when you are younger but almost always without fail they just wind up looking stupid and trashy. Can't wait to see a new class of middle aged dudes with massive tribals in a couple of years.

People ALWAYS say "it's not gonna look good when you get old". My issue with this common statement about tattoos is, EVERYTHING looks bad when you get older. Old people with tattoos look gross, old people without tattoos look gross. Old people with body hair look gross, old people without body hair look gross. Fat ones, skinny ones, tall ones, short ones, your body is gonna look gross when you get old no matter what's on it.

You can't let the fact that something isn't gonna be as good in 40 years get in the way of what you're doing now. If she didn't have that tattoo on her back, would her back look any sexier when she's 75? No. She'd still look gross and distorted.

There's a lotta reasons for people to not want tattoos, but the "it's not gonna look good when you get old" argument is one of the less rational ones.

Swaggin916
10-09-2013, 09:59 PM
Pimpin all over the world.

sunsfan1357
10-09-2013, 10:01 PM
I like it, I actually like girls with tats in general, but like everything else some people can over-do it. Still have yet to get one myself though.

NuggetsFan
10-09-2013, 10:30 PM
People ALWAYS say "it's not gonna look good when you get old". My issue with this common statement about tattoos is, EVERYTHING looks bad when you get older. Old people with tattoos look gross, old people without tattoos look gross. Old people with body hair look gross, old people without body hair look gross. Fat ones, skinny ones, tall ones, short ones, your body is gonna look gross when you get old no matter what's on it.

You can't let the fact that something isn't gonna be as good in 40 years get in the way of what you're doing now. If she didn't have that tattoo on her back, would her back look any sexier when she's 75? No. She'd still look gross and distorted.

There's a lotta reasons for people to not want tattoos, but the "it's not gonna look good when you get old" argument is one of the less rational ones.

Not really. For whatever reason you just used an extreme example and assume "older" means 75 or 40 years from now. At 45 she won't be at her peak but not all 45 year old women look gross, even alot of the unattractive ones look normal and most just blend in. Alot of tatoo's IMO are going to look real dumb at that 35-55 age range. I dated a girl who had like 3-4 tats and they looked pretty cute but when she's 40 working in a bank with two kids and a husband? Probably won't age well. That to me is a good enough reason to pass on a tatoo. Don't know where life is going to take you.

Whatever tho, it's does look pretty neat. Her body, her choice.

Hoodlum Science
10-09-2013, 11:13 PM
let's see how it looks in 5 years, gonna have some continental drift i bet

:roll:

That was LOL'in (it's be more like 50 million years dough, but due to time constraints, I understnadz)

OldSkoolball#52
10-09-2013, 11:17 PM

To this I would say its not necessarily about how it will physically look or how the person will physically look, but how dated a tattoo will look on them.

When this woman is 40 years old and shes picking up her kid from soccer practice, its just going to look awkward that she has a world map permanetly inscribed on the skin on her back. It looks all 'young and free spirited' now but when youre older it just makes you look short sighted and lacking judgment.

Not sayin its a big deal and this tat prevents her from living a rich and fulfilling life or anything. But I dont think Ive ever seen tats on middle aged women and had the impression they were women of particular class or distinction. When you get older, tats tend to give a bit of a trailer park connotation.

That beng said, the tattoo in the OP is a cool drawing for sure, very clean and kind of simple yet elaborate. I do like it. I just would never want somethin like that on me or my date PERMANENTLY.

OldSkoolball#52
10-09-2013, 11:22 PM
Oh, and yeah props on the continental drift joke. Was definitely lulz :lol

Hoodlum Science
10-09-2013, 11:24 PM
To this I would say its not necessarily about how it will physically look or how the person will physically look, but how dated a tattoo will look on them.

When this woman is 40 years old and shes picking up her kid from soccer practice, its just going to look awkward that she has a world map permanetly inscribed on the skin on her back. It looks all 'young and free spirited' now but when youre older it just makes you look short sighted and lacking judgment.

Not sayin its a big deal and this tat prevents her from living a rich and fulfilling life or anything. But I dont think Ive ever seen tats on middle aged women and had the impression they were women of particular class or distinction. When you get older, tats tend to give a bit of a trailer park connotation.

That beng said, the tattoo in the OP is a cool drawing for sure, very clean and kind of simple yet elaborate. I do like it. I just would never want somethin like that on me or my date PERMANENTLY.

Why not? You could be hittin' it from behind ... and just when you're about to unload, think of where you'd want to squirt your "should-a, would-a, could-a" been children all across the world and see where they land. If nothing else, sounds like a fun game. Personally, I'd aim for Greenland; as far away as possible from modern civilization.

:lol

BrooklynZoo
10-09-2013, 11:31 PM
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff175/LegendofJosh1/world-map-tattoo_zpsf43ebbc7.jpg (http://s240.photobucket.com/user/LegendofJosh1/media/world-map-tattoo_zpsf43ebbc7.jpg.html)

What do you guys think of this tat? Personally, I'm feelin' it. It's dope, original and could even be sexy on the right chick if pulled off correctly.

looks dumb. whats the point?

i have a map on my back:coleman:

Hoodlum Science
10-09-2013, 11:51 PM

IDK, maybe bc it's original. Something unique ... not like everything else. Tattoos aren't always about having something that "makes sense" ... right?

sunsfan1357
10-09-2013, 11:58 PM

I've seen a picture of a similar tat before, but the person that had it shaded in parts if the world they had been to after they visit.

OldSkoolball#52
10-10-2013, 12:02 AM
I also think it would get annoying how many people are going to come up to her now and be like heyyy cool tat!!! And theyll all ask the same questions.

I feel like every dude is going to use that as an ice breaker to try and start talkin with her.

Seems like a noticeable and original tat would just turn your life into groundhogs day everytime you go out in public.

BrooklynZoo
10-10-2013, 12:10 AM
IDK, maybe bc it's original. Something unique ... not like everything else. Tattoos aren't always about having something that "makes sense" ... right?

no, I def am not one of those people who make it seem like all tattoos should represent the meaning of life. I also think its dumb to like something or tattoos for the simple fact that its different or looks realistic. I have a friend on facebook who is constantly "liking" pics of tattoos that fall into these categories. Ie. why do you like the picture of the tattoo of the arm that looks like the skin is ripped off, but to each his own i guess

TheReal Kendall
10-10-2013, 12:10 AM
Y'all remember the movie "Waterworld" with Kevin Costner?

Spoiler Alert(those who haven't seen it)

The tat reminds me of that cause the lil girl had a map on her back that showed the way to land

I got like 3 tats and I regret getting them. Kinda pointless

Hoodlum Science
10-10-2013, 12:26 AM
IMO, no tattoos are pointless. Even if they're less than perfect or even illogical as all hell, they "meant" something at the time. Whether the individual was drunk, got the tattoo on impulse, etc.... there's some meaning or purpose behind it.

BrooklynZoo
10-10-2013, 12:44 AM
IMO, no tattoos are pointless. Even if they're less than perfect or even illogical as all hell, they "meant" something at the time. Whether the individual was drunk, got the tattoo on impulse, etc.... there's some meaning or purpose behind it.

this makes no sense. how can u make a blanket statement that all tattoos mean something? Theres plenty of dumb tattoos that people end up covering up or removing. Im sure they dont all "mean something"

Hoodlum Science
10-10-2013, 01:42 AM
this makes no sense. how can u make a blanket statement that all tattoos mean something? Theres plenty of dumb tattoos that people end up covering up or removing. Im sure they dont all "mean something"

What about "at the time" do you not comprehend entirely? I say this bc if at no other time, when someone initially gets a tattoo it DOES MEAN SOMETHING to them, at that time, would it not? There's some original meaning or purpose behind why someone gets a tattoo. Whether it's a good decision or bad one, it's a decision nonetheless, and there's a purpose behind it. I never said there isn't a such thing as a dumb tattoo; I simply said there's a purpose behind each one. No one puts a gun to one's dome and forces them to get a tat. They get a tat for some reason or another. There's a reason. There's a point, at the time it's originally done. Will some end up regretting down the road, sure they will. Happens all the time. I never said everyone is happy with their tat choice for life ... all I was saying is there's some original motive, purpose, reason, etc. behind someone getting a tattoo, regardless of how that tattoo turns out the next day, a week, month year or decade later.

What makes no sense is you seeming as if you're incapable of understanding this. All I said was every tattoo has a purpose and they're not "pointless" ... even if a tattoo turns out terrible that doesn't mean it's pointless.

BrooklynZoo
10-10-2013, 01:44 AM
What about "at the time" do you not comprehend entirely? There's some original meaning or purpose behind why someone gets a tattoo. Whether it's a good decision or bad one, it's a decision nonetheless, and there's a purpose behind it. I never said there isn't a such thing as a dumb tattoo; I simply said there's a purpose behind each one. No one puts a gun to one's dome and forces them to get a tat. They get a tat for some reason or another. There's a reason. There's a point, at the time it's originally done. Will some end up regretting down the road, sure they will. Happens all the time. I never said everyone is happy with their tat choice for life ... all I was saying was there's a some original motive, purpose, reason, etc. behind someone getting a tattoo, regardless of how that tattoo turns out the next day, a week, month year or decade later.

What makes no sense is you seeming as if you're incapable of understanding this. All I said was every tattoo has a purpose and they're not "pointless" ... even if a tattoo turns out terrible that doesn't mean it's pointless.

ok since we're smoking crack today, everything that is written on a piece of paper has meaning at some time or another

OldSkoolball#52
10-10-2013, 01:47 AM
What about "at the time" do you not comprehend entirely? I say this bc if at no other time, when someone initially gets a tattoo it DOES MEAN SOMETHING to them, at that time, would it not? There's some original meaning or purpose behind why someone gets a tattoo. Whether it's a good decision or bad one, it's a decision nonetheless, and there's a purpose behind it. I never said there isn't a such thing as a dumb tattoo; I simply said there's a purpose behind each one. No one puts a gun to one's dome and forces them to get a tat. They get a tat for some reason or another. There's a reason. There's a point, at the time it's originally done. Will some end up regretting down the road, sure they will. Happens all the time. I never said everyone is happy with their tat choice for life ... all I was saying was there's a some original motive, purpose, reason, etc. behind someone getting a tattoo, regardless of how that tattoo turns out the next day, a week, month year or decade later.

Honestly doe i think a lot of people decide they want to have a tattoo, so they just get anything generic drawn on them thatll take up space and really dont care. That comes prety close to pointless. A lot of athletes seem to do this.

Hoodlum Science
10-10-2013, 01:48 AM
ok since I'm smoking crack today, everything that is written on a piece of paper has meaning at some time or another

You're comparing something written on a piece of paper to body art that is meant to be engraved forever. Tell us, how's that rock? Pretty dope shit huh? Must be. Fixed your post for accuracy BTW.

Hoodlum Science
10-10-2013, 01:50 AM
Honestly doe i think a lot of people decide they want to have a tattoo, so they just get anything generic drawn on them thatll take up space and really dont care. That comes prety close to pointless. A lot of athletes seem to do this.

Even if someone is aimless when getting a tattoo, there's still a purpose behind it. There's a reason behind it. There's a point behind it. It's not point "less"

BrooklynZoo
10-10-2013, 01:54 AM
You're comparing something written on a piece of paper to body art that is meant to be engraved forever. Tell us, how's that rock? Pretty dope shit huh? Must be. Fixed your post for accuracy BTW.

no im using your logic that anything that is drawn on someone means something no matter what is drawn, and im paralleling it to drawing on paper. same logic. same nonsense

Hoodlum Science
10-10-2013, 02:08 AM
no im using your logic that anything that is drawn on someone means something no matter what is drawn, and im paralleling it to drawing on paper. same logic. same nonsense

No, you're comparing a tattoo to a drawing on a piece of paper. Yet, you claim that's not what you're doing, when CLEARLY you are.

:oldlol:

Let us know when that crack rock high subsides and you come back to reality.

BrooklynZoo
10-10-2013, 02:14 AM
No, you're comparing a tattoo to a drawing on a piece of paper. Yet, you claim that's not what you're doing, when CLEARLY you are.

:oldlol:

Let us know when that crack rock high subsides and you come back to reality.

since you're obviously not bright enough to follow, ill type slowly. You're saying that anything drawn on someone's skin has meaning no matter what it is. How is that different than saying anything drawn on paper has meaning? Drawing the same picture on skin suddenly makes it meaningful? go to sleep man

Hoodlum Science
10-11-2013, 07:48 PM
While I'm lovin' that tat, I do question why the Great Lakes are missing, or better yet simply out of location are spread like stairs in northwest Canada? Such fine detail in southeast Asia for example (Indonesia, New Guinea, Philippines, etc) yet a grand mistake such as forgetting the Great Lakes.

Also yes it would have taken much more effort to fill-in the continents, yet would have been dope to do that and have each a different color. Keep the black outlining of all continents, yet shade each a different (except yellow, as it doesn't look all that great on white skin).