PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant cleared for all activities with no restrictions

Inferno
10-09-2013, 10:41 PM
https://twitter.com/DrRobertKlapper/status/388089708921626624

Dr. Robert Klapper

KOBE. Cleared for ALL activities NO restrictions! He has 3 weeks to reboot to game1. The energy IN Staples will light up this city!

:applause:

Chrono90
10-09-2013, 10:44 PM
Just hope he's not pushing it. I rather him heal more in this season and be ready for the next when they have better pieces.

9erempiree
I could cry right now.

#prayforbear

#cowardlylion

Legends66NBA7
Hope it doesn't backfire for him coming too early. I wonder what his approach to the start of the season will be like.

Droid101
Greatest injury comeback of all time.

#howgreatisourgodbe

NewYorkNoPicks
10-09-2013, 10:46 PM
We are not worthy! :bowdown:

TheMarkMadsen
10-09-2013, 10:47 PM
Down goes Bear Down goes Bear!!

ripthekik
10-09-2013, 10:50 PM

longtime lurker
10-09-2013, 10:50 PM
Hope it doesn't backfire for him coming too early. I wonder what his approach to the start of the season will be like.

This. The Lakers medical staff don't seem to be the best bunch. Kobe needs to come back when he's ready, I would approve of him pulling a Derek Rose.

LakersDaBEst
10-09-2013, 10:53 PM
Feel sorry for the rest of the league :bowdown:

Eric Cartman
10-09-2013, 10:54 PM
This. The Lakers medical staff don't seem to be the best bunch. Kobe needs to come back when he's ready, I would approve of him pulling a Derek Rose.

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/honeybadger1.jpg

kobeef24
10-09-2013, 10:55 PM
http://lakeshowgold.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/insta.gif

ProfessorMurder
10-09-2013, 10:56 PM
His body must be 80% PEDs.

Bodhi
10-09-2013, 10:59 PM

Really? Why do you say that? Because Kareem and Kobe have the utmost respect for Gary Vitti and the rest of the medical staff and the two of them have set NBA records of longevity

poido123
10-09-2013, 11:12 PM
This makes absolutely no sense for the Lakers team to hurry Kobe back.

If the organisation had balls, they would tell Kobe to take a break for a while and keep makin up bullshit like the Rose saga to extend his injury out for the whole season.

This is a case of, Kobe wants to get back and break records, rather than actually helping the team and organisation get better, which a high draft pick would do if they suck.

Now, I'm impressed as the next guy for Kobe's dedication and love of the game to get back, but sometimes you need to sacrifice certain things for the team.

9erempiree
10-09-2013, 11:14 PM
I'm glad he's making huge strides but I don't think he is going to comeback that early.

They are not stupid.

gts
10-09-2013, 11:16 PM
This. The Lakers medical staff don't seem to be the best bunch. .:facepalm
They're considered one of the best in all of sports

they won't rush him, this just means he's allowed to start ramping up his activity. Kobe himself said just recently he'll take 3 weeks just to get in shape once the leg is 100% so he's still a few weeks away from seeing playing time. I wouldn't expect him until late November early December at the earliest

branslowski
10-09-2013, 11:18 PM
Kobe The GOAT is back!:applause:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
10-09-2013, 11:48 PM
:facepalm
They're considered one of the best in all of sports

they won't rush him, this just means he's allowed to start ramping up his activity. Kobe himself said just recently he'll take 3 weeks just to get in shape once the leg is 100% so he's still a few weeks away from seeing playing time. I wouldn't expect him until late November early December at the earliest

he will play opening night..he said 3 weeks 2 get in shape

and he is cleared of all activities. 3 weeks from now is end of this month

Young X
10-09-2013, 11:50 PM

qrich
10-09-2013, 11:53 PM
Work ethic is definitely there, but this isn't the smartest of decisions. Front office should push for him to be patient and wait until he is fully ready, despite what the fans may o may not want to see and how much he may want to just jump out there.

kennethgriffin
10-10-2013, 12:05 AM
so if kobe returns for the first game of 2013-14. he will have missed a total of 2 regular season games with a completely torn achilles tendon

:biggums:

TheBigVeto
10-10-2013, 12:11 AM
#fakeinjurybe

To4
hell i respect Kobe, but hope he takes it slow and steady.. dont want him to rush things, i know the drive and hunger is in Kobe, he just better not rush himself.

scm5

Andrew Bynum leaves the Lakers and has yet to play a single game for another team and still has no timetable for return.

The Lakers have a great medical staff and would not allow Kobe on the court if he wasn't ready to play.

Eric Cartman
10-10-2013, 12:12 AM
so if kobe returns for the first game of 2013-14. he will have missed a total of 2 regular season games with a completely torn achilles tendon

35 years old too. How bananas is that?

:applause: :bowdown: :bowdown:

gts
10-10-2013, 12:15 AM
he will play opening night..he said 3 weeks 2 get in shape

and he is cleared of all activities. 3 weeks from now is end of this month

Dream on...lol

poido123
10-10-2013, 12:15 AM
35 years old too. How bananas is that?

:applause: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Two questions most people are asking themselves.

Was this really a serious achilles injury?

If so, then how the hell can he get back so early? Even knowing that Kobe is a warrior and fights through injuries, it's hard not to speculate the seriousness of the injury or the method used to get back so quick..

G-Funk
10-10-2013, 12:16 AM
Who da **** is Dr. Robert Klapper?!

Yao Ming's Foot
10-10-2013, 12:19 AM
This makes absolutely no sense for the Lakers team to hurry Kobe back.

If the organisation had balls, they would tell Kobe to take a break for a while and keep makin up bullshit like the Rose saga to extend his injury out for the whole season.

This is a case of, Kobe wants to get back and break records, rather than actually helping the team and organisation get better, which a high draft pick would do if they suck.

Now, I'm impressed as the next guy for Kobe's dedication and love of the game to get back, but sometimes you need to sacrifice certain things for the team.

:roll:

tpols
10-10-2013, 12:20 AM

If so, then how the hell can he get back so early? Even knowing that Kobe is a warrior and fights through injuries, it's hard not to speculate the seriousness of the injury or the method used to get back so quick..
New surgical procedure + german innovative therapies(bio- and in general engineering geniuses) + world class work ethic for rehabbing = Kobes back :bowdown:

gts
10-10-2013, 12:22 AM

If so, then how the hell can he get back so early? Even knowing that Kobe is a warrior and fights through injuries, it's hard not to speculate the seriousness of the injury or the method used to get back so quick..He's pretty much right on the timeline they laid out when he had the surgery

It was a complete tear and they used Kevlar and a new style of stitching.

Quizno
10-10-2013, 12:22 AM
Who da **** is Dr. Robert Klapper?!
lakers team surgeon. he's a really renowned surgeon. he operated on kobe's achilles.

this recovery is pretty ****ing amazing

G-Funk
10-10-2013, 12:23 AM
He's pretty much right on the timeline they laid out when he had the surgery

He's just a Lebron prostitute, trolling.

gts
10-10-2013, 12:24 AM
lakers team surgeon. he's a really renowned surgeon. he operated on kobe's achilles.

this recover is pretty ****ing amazingno he didn't and he doesn't work for the Lakers, he's a LA based surgeon that hosts a radio show on Saturday mornings

via ESPN, Kobe's team was Dr. Neal ElAttrache and Dr. Stephen Lombardo of the Kerlan Jobe Orthopaedic.

Twiens
10-10-2013, 12:29 AM
Dude is not human, hopefully not rushing it.

poido123
10-10-2013, 12:30 AM
He's pretty much right on the timeline they laid out when he had the surgery

Right, got it.

Impressive nonetheless. Always admire guys who fight through adversity to play.

poido123
10-10-2013, 12:32 AM
New surgical procedure + german innovative therapies(bio- and in general engineering geniuses) + world class work ethic for rehabbing = Kobes back :bowdown:

:eek:

Technology these days..

And of course Kobe is capable of superhuman things when it comes to hardwork and fighting off injuries..

poido123
10-10-2013, 12:34 AM
He's just a Lebron prostitute, trolling.

Who me?

gts
10-10-2013, 12:43 AM
#fakeinjurybe

http://deadspin.com/kobe-bryant-shares-disgusting-photo-of-his-achilles-sur-505767902

DuMa
10-10-2013, 12:50 AM
cant wait to see him play 48 minutes again like a fool again in April to get to a 8th seed, only to collapse again

MVBallin2K
10-10-2013, 12:56 AM
I don't think he'll play a full game come three weeks. I think it'll be a David Lee like situation where he suits up and plays like a minute for morale purposes before being taken out.

Mr. Jabbar
10-10-2013, 02:47 AM
my body is ready

OldSkoolball#52
10-10-2013, 03:09 AM
Most impressive recovery/return from a fake injury the league has ever seen :applause: :bowdown:

BlazerRed
10-10-2013, 03:10 AM
my body is ready
Take me :crazysam:

The_Yearning
10-10-2013, 03:14 AM
I don't think he'll play a full game come three weeks. I think it'll be a David Lee like situation where he suits up and plays like a minute for morale purposes before being taken out.

And hurt his stats?

salwan
10-10-2013, 05:31 AM
I still think it will take around 2 months till he comes back. maybe at the end of november.

he told reporters on media day that he hadn't done any ball work until then.

and although he's running on a treadmill with his full weight, how about jumping, his explosiveness, or even dunking?

still, respect to kobe for being ahead of schedule :applause:

Eric Cartman
10-10-2013, 05:43 AM
The same people that criticize Rose for his approach towards his injury are now the same ones Kobe is rushing it and should do the same thing Rose did.

Haters will always find a way.

poido123
10-10-2013, 05:48 AM
The same people that criticize Rose for his approach towards his injury are now the same ones Kobe is rushing it and should do the same thing Rose did.

Haters will always find a way.

Common denominator = Heat trolls. :lol

Eric Cartman
10-10-2013, 05:57 AM
Common denominator = Heat trolls. :lol

2 straight titles and the best player in the world to boot. Guess that insecurity complex runs deep within that fan base.

nathanjizzle
10-10-2013, 08:05 AM
he defnitely should not do what rose did and sit out a year. kobe is already near retirement he doesnt have 12+ years ahead of him. he should give it a few more months and get back into game shape.

xoneatom
10-10-2013, 11:54 AM
you have got to be kidding man.. I've been a kobe fan and all but this is just too crazy. :bowdown: to modern medicine + kobe's rehab

Levity
10-10-2013, 12:12 PM
great news. what kobe should do now is work on conditioning for the next month, and allow the team and new players to gel in real game situations for a while.

Crown&Coke
10-10-2013, 12:17 PM
is this real life

CanYouDigIt
10-10-2013, 12:23 PM
“I’ve got to get my fat ass in shape,” Bryant joked Wednesday, as he spoke with the media.

“Six months of eating whatever the hell I wanted to eat and not running, stuff like that. I’ve got to get in shape.”

FatBe
ObeseBe

:lol

Trollsmasher
10-10-2013, 12:24 PM
FatBe
ObeseBe

:lol
240poundBe
20%BodyfatBe
AchillesmadeofsugarBe

Droid101
10-10-2013, 12:28 PM
Duma and OldSkool remind me once again why I put them on ignore in the first place.

Thanks mates!

TOUCH MY BODY
10-10-2013, 01:39 PM
Duma and OldSkool remind me once again why I put them on ignore in the first place.

Thanks mates!

PickernRoller
10-10-2013, 04:51 PM
Clowns talking like it's only Kobe. Nadal in tennis too - almost same procedures, work ethic. Needless to say he will take some time to get back - least a month and half.

NumberSix
10-10-2013, 06:02 PM
Who plays first this season, lakers or Bulls. Just wanna see if Kobe will indeed be back before Rose. :roll:

Burgz V2
10-10-2013, 06:14 PM
I must say, even taking into account new techniques in training and medicine, that this is pretty damn impressive. I still remember when a blown achilles was like a death sentence for an NBA player.

poido123
10-11-2013, 10:15 AM
Wow, some sensitive Kobe fans in here.

I merely inquired about the legitamacy of Kobe's injury because of how quickly he will likely return and I got negged by two of the fanboys :hammerhead:

Once explained to me by a couple of the good Laker fans, I accepted the answer and I find it strange since it wasn't an attempt to troll.

Who wrote this; "You have been nominated for a neggy" :facepalm

NumberSix
10-11-2013, 11:02 AM
Wow, some sensitive Kobe fans in here.

I merely inquired about the legitamacy of Kobe's injury because of how quickly he will likely return and I got negged by two of the fanboys :hammerhead:

Once explained to me by a couple of the good Laker fans, I accepted the answer and I find it strange since it wasn't an attempt to troll.

Who wrote this; "You have been nominated for a neggy" :facepalm
Well, let's keep it real here. Bulls/Jordan fans do have a history of accusing Kobe of faking injuries. Not saying you did, but lots of Bull/Jordan fans in the past, have routinely done that.

joshwake
10-11-2013, 01:33 PM
Well if anyone in the league can come back from a torn Achilles it's Kobe. The question is, how much of an impact can he have. He simply cannot be the same player he was, and anyone who thinks different is delusional. If he is going to adapt his game then he can still be the MVP of the lakers. Even though I have never been a Kobe fan I admire his passion and drive to win and I hope he does make a special comeback. He deserves it and I wouldn't want this injury to be the end of his meaningful career. Realistically though, there is a very high probability that he doesn't have much of an impact on the game anymore, Kobe fans should really temper their expectations.

hawkfan
10-11-2013, 01:34 PM
Terrible move.
He should sit out until the end of this year or even the All-Star break and let his whole body heal up.
He would still time to get his conditioning and rhythm back for the playoffs.