PDA

View Full Version : Can we all agree that Joe Johnson sucks?

Duranthebest
10-10-2013, 03:42 AM
Man this guys' game is so awful... He's clearly the weak link out of the Nets starting 5. He's going to kill the Nets. :facepalm

Trentknicks
10-10-2013, 03:45 AM
Inba theJKiddkidd and ItsaVC3! provide clutch stats that show his usefulness for 1 out of 48 minutes of the game, and go on and on and on and on defending him.

RagaZ
10-10-2013, 03:45 AM
One of the 3 best clutch players in NBA.

He is money in the last 2-3 minutes of a close game.

bdreason
10-10-2013, 04:02 AM
Overpaid? Yes.

Sucks? No.

SG is the weakest position in the NBA.

DuMa
10-10-2013, 04:10 AM
i think its amazing he can still play the SG position for being 6'8" and as big as he is. though that novelty is wearing off as soon as you realize he just wants to shoot perimeter shots and doesnt take advantage of his size to abuse smaller defenders.

so yes hes massively overrated but his value on the court is being a knock down shooter from the wing

Lebron23
10-10-2013, 04:11 AM
Inba theJKiddkidd and ItsaVC3! provide clutch stats that show his usefulness for 1 out of 48 minutes of the game, and go on and on and on and on defending him.

I actually LOL. OP is spuddjjay. Joe Johnson is still recovering from plantar fasciitis.

jdm_dc_fan
10-10-2013, 04:45 AM
old man pierce averaged more ppg, rpg and apg with better FG% and 3pt% in less minutes last season than joe. :roll:

alexd
10-10-2013, 04:58 AM
Overpaid? Yes.

Sucks? No.

SG is the weakest position in the NBA.
this
plus i dunno why there are moments where he looks like he isn t even interested in the game.He plays tooo cool.I understand he s not a vocal guy and can t be the man for a team but he has to show more emotion
think of nate he s full of emotion,way too much actually.the exact opposite is Joe
But he s a great player .He s a 6'8'' sg, good shooter and strong body.He just lacks personality?Desire for the game?

Eric Cartman
10-10-2013, 05:12 AM
He's the worst player in that starting lineup why do you expect so much from him?

Duranthebest
10-10-2013, 05:22 AM
old man pierce averaged more ppg, rpg and apg with better FG% and 3pt% in less minutes last season than joe. :roll:

That's outrageous. Pierce also had a higher PER last season as well. At JJ's age last season, Paul Pierce could've avg 25ppg on the Nets. SMH @ a 31 yr old multi time all star avg 16ppg. :facepalm

Duranthebest
10-10-2013, 05:24 AM
He's the worst player in that starting lineup why do you expect so much from him?

I'm not taking too much into what we seen the other day, but it looks like JJ will have a lot of touches/offense ran for him. He isn't going to be able to capitalize off all the easy looks he will get. :facepalm

LilEddyCurry
10-10-2013, 05:30 AM
Hi Spudjay

Eric Cartman
10-10-2013, 05:39 AM
I'm not taking too much into what we seen the other day, but it looks like JJ will have a lot of touches/offense ran for him. He isn't going to be able to capitalize off all the easy looks he will get. :facepalm

Hopefully not, but with a new coach and all those new pieces you never know.

niko
10-10-2013, 07:21 AM
He doesn't suck. He does float for long portions of the games now. Some of the games he won for the Nets last year (Washington come to mind) he floated and did nothing the entire game. He also is more comfy initiating his own offense, which with these five might be an issue. It's not an issue down 1 with 20 seconds left, it's what you want. A lot of the rest of the game, it is.

Real Men Wear Green
10-10-2013, 07:33 AM
Danny Ainge is a sneaky guy. Hidden in the fine print of the Pierce/KG trade is that the Nets fans take along SpudJJay's stupid, divisive trolling. This is the one part of having Pierce leave that I won't miss.

The JKidd Kid
10-10-2013, 07:59 AM
He doesn't suck at all. Sure he's overpaid, but he's still a great 3pt shooter, good defender, good ball handler, can create his own shot, can run the offense a bit, play both wing positions and he's the clutchest player in the league. All people see is his contract and they forget that he is a top 5 shooting guard and an above average player.

Harison
10-10-2013, 08:00 AM
Danny Ainge is a sneaky guy. Hidden in the fine print of the Pierce/KG trade is that the Nets fans take along SpudJJay's stupid, divisive trolling. This is the one part of having Pierce leave that I won't miss.

Bingo. In the same way Spud was denigrating anyone in Celtics who could threaten Pierce's "status." Now Spud is on to JJ, who will share minutes and touches with Pierce.

ProfessorMurder
10-10-2013, 02:57 PM
Have fun with spudgay Nets fans.

:oldlol:

Duranthebest
10-11-2013, 07:18 AM
He doesn't suck at all. Sure he's overpaid, but he's still a great 3pt shooter, good defender, good ball handler, can create his own shot, can run the offense a bit, play both wing positions and he's the clutchest player in the league. All people see is his contract and they forget that he is a top 5 shooting guard and an above average player.

How are you a top 5 SG when you averaged 16ppg on 42% shooting the previous season? Let's be real, this guy was never really that good to begin with despite having all the tools you've mentioned.

Meticode
10-11-2013, 07:23 AM
Epic. Several years later and Spudjay is still being a bitch. :roll:

The JKidd Kid
10-11-2013, 08:36 AM
How are you a top 5 SG when you averaged 16ppg on 42% shooting the previous season? Let's be real, this guy was never really that good to begin with despite having all the tools you've mentioned.

6 All Star appearances, Multiple 20 PPG seasons including a 25 PPG season while leading his team to multiple play off appearances says otherwise.

SG is an incredibly shallow position and there are more things than just raw FG% to take into account.

DukeDelonte13
10-11-2013, 08:48 AM
he's not that guy you want scoring 20ppg+ on that roster. I don't see what the big deal is. His usage and stats should be low with that stacked lineup. Why is this even a thing?

Real Men Wear Green
10-11-2013, 08:53 AM
he's not that guy you want scoring 20ppg+ on that roster. I don't see what the big deal is. His usage and stats should be low with that stacked lineup. Why is this even a thing?
Because Spud is an insecure dumbass.

All Net
10-11-2013, 09:02 AM
Feels like soon he will be depended as a spot up shooter.

tontoz
10-11-2013, 09:15 AM
I used to live in Atlanta and still have JJ's jersey, but he used to get on my nerves at times with his iso-Joe routine. I hated watching him dribble around for 10 seconds and then shoot a fadeaway at the buzzer.

kshutts1
10-11-2013, 09:26 AM
If anyone has been following NBARank on ESPN.com then you will see that ESPN hugely underrates JJ.

He is ranked #59, right behind Parsons (58), Batum (57), Ryan Anderson (56), Rudy Gay (55), Andre Drummond (54)....

None of those players should be ranked ahead of JJ, particularly not Drummond. Dude WILL BE a stud, but is not yet.

niko
10-11-2013, 09:57 AM
Because Spud is an insecure dumbass.
Plus PP is older and has a resume that's pretty damn good. If he doesn't excel anymore the resume doesn't get taken away. As a Knick fan i can tell you that even though PP isn't scary anymore (i honestly think he died in game 5 at some point) that doesn't reduce my respect at all when people ask me about what PP is. Ice cold killer.

It's funny, the one i remember most against us he missed (a 3 to win) because i was at the garden and everyone went NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! as he released it.

Real Men Wear Green
10-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Plus PP is older and has a resume that's pretty damn good. If he doesn't excel anymore the resume doesn't get taken away. As a Knick fan i can tell you that even though PP isn't scary anymore (i honestly think he died in game 5 at some point) that doesn't reduce my respect at all when people ask me about what PP is. Ice cold killer.

It's funny, the one i remember most against us he missed (a 3 to win) because i was at the garden and everyone went NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! as he released it.
No, this thread exists solely because of Spud's insecurity. He said the same kind of crap about Ray Allen and back then Doc was running the offense through Pierce and Pierce was the top scorer for a team that won a Championship and made another Final. Now that Pierce realistically may not lead the Nets in scoring Spud could get more ridiculous than ever going after anyone that may take a shot Pierce could have taken. JJ being a guy that plays in the same areas as Pierce and likes to have the ball in his hands like Pierce but a little younger with some ASGs on his resume as well, Spud is feeling threatened for Pierce's sake. Pierce himself could average 10 points and if it led to wins and a ring Pierce would be ecstatic. Spud on the other hand would flood this board with crap.

You see, Spud is not a fan of any team, near as I can tell. The rest of us Cs fans for the main part were/are big fans of Pierce but like Pierce we want to see the Cs win first and foremost and if that means Ray Allen or Rajon Rondo had a big night we didn't see a problem, different guys step up at different times, you can't have a great team with only one guy capable of a big game anyway. But Spud would just go crazy when other guys had big games. And now that Pierce may not be an elite 3 anymore and someone else may be called upon to carry his team in the clutch?

This thread is just the beginning with Spud. Anyone could be the SG for the Nets, if he averages 15 and Pierce averages 14 Spud will hate him.

CelticBaller
10-11-2013, 12:58 PM
awesome :applause:

Duranthebest
10-11-2013, 02:20 PM
If anyone has been following NBARank on ESPN.com then you will see that ESPN hugely underrates JJ.

He is ranked #59, right behind Parsons (58), Batum (57), Ryan Anderson (56), Rudy Gay (55), Andre Drummond (54)....

None of those players should be ranked ahead of JJ, particularly not Drummond. Dude WILL BE a stud, but is not yet.

59? That sounds about right, man. This guy isn't good, and hasn't been good for a long time. Remember when Ray Allen was stinking it up for the Celtics in the playoffs and not producing in big games? I have a feeling this will be dejavu.

BTW- I have no idea who this Spud guy is, but I can tell you that I have always been and always will be a Celtics fan. My favorite player is playing for my borough, it's only right that I root for him to when a championship. If Deron Williams or Brook Lopez isn't leading the Nets in scoring, then they're doing something wrong. Pierce and KG playing well is essential, Brook Looez and DWill are the keys, and Joe Johnson is the piece that will screw everything up. :facepalm

Dr. Ice
10-11-2013, 02:22 PM
I'm so glad the nets are stupid and rich. If i had to see him for another year in a hawks uniform my brain would have exploded.