10-10-2013, 02:09 PM
Seriously, can this man even read?

sc19
10-10-2013, 02:11 PM
"If it's my Mom on the court, she's going to get killed."

SilkkTheShocker
10-10-2013, 02:14 PM
"If it's my Mom on the court, she's going to get killed."

Yea, that's obviously worse than having to have some Asian kid take the SAT test for you.

ralph_i_el
10-10-2013, 02:16 PM
Just so long as he can read a defense what does it matter? You can read and I don't see you getting buckets.

branslowski
10-10-2013, 02:20 PM
Just so long as he can read a defense what does it matter? You can read and I don't see you getting buckets.

Thread/

The_Yearning
10-10-2013, 02:30 PM

Your boy didn't even go to college and uses vocabulary he doesn't even understand.

Go Getter
10-10-2013, 02:32 PM
:oldlol:

FreezingTsmoove
10-10-2013, 02:32 PM
Derrick Rose most likely plays ball all day and his only leisure time is working out in the gym. He has no time to be smart

RagaZ
10-10-2013, 02:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldTtmeYzOgo&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DldTtmeYzOgo

PizzamanIRL
10-10-2013, 02:52 PM

I'm sure he can read the balance on his bank statement.

KingBeasley08
10-10-2013, 03:10 PM
Rose does seem like an major idiot. Failing your SAT is just another level of sad. For most people, it's harder to fail than do well :oldlol:

Go Getter
10-10-2013, 03:20 PM
Rose does seem like an major idiot. Failing your SAT is just another level of sad. For most people, it's harder to fail than do well :oldlol:
lol@your username...u mad Beasley is a failure while Rose is gettin his shine on?

imdaman99
10-10-2013, 03:33 PM
he is paid to dominate basketball. he is doing fine in that department, he is likely in the top 10 players of the world when he is healthy. now imagine how many professionals/people who play basketball seriously there are in the world. so rose is in the top 10 out of 10-50 million people? he could be illiterate for all i care (although then he will be awkward in interviews lol), but when he steps on the court, you are watching very carefully silk.

KingBeasley08
10-10-2013, 03:34 PM
lol@your username...u mad Beasley is a failure while Rose is gettin his shine on?
Good for Rose bro. I wasn't hating, just giving my 2cents on the topic at hand

jimmy77x
10-10-2013, 03:43 PM

Dam silk always getting owned in his own threads :lol guy has dedicated his life to serve Lebron (who could give a shit that he exist) and hate any one of his competitors.

RoundMoundOfReb
10-10-2013, 03:44 PM
Doesn't matter. He's good at basketball. AJ Green got a 10 (out of 50) on the Wonderlic. Doesn't mean he's not good at Football.

noob cake
10-10-2013, 04:11 PM
Rose couldn't even meet SAT standards for athletes at Memphis. :confusedshrug:

sportjames23
10-10-2013, 04:12 PM
These Lebron dick riders are so damn scared of Rose.

sportjames23
10-10-2013, 04:13 PM
Your boy didn't even go to college and uses vocabulary he doesn't even understand.

Dat ether. :cheers:

bdreason
10-10-2013, 04:18 PM
He's an athlete, not a doctor.

Pointguard
10-10-2013, 04:22 PM

$300,000,000 - he read that one pretty good. Its not what you read, its what you command. He can afford to be dumb.

MVP, he reads that every time he goes to his accomplishment room. Top reward in his industry. Best at what you do is something few people achieve at a world wide level.

Secure, he sets the standards for his high achievement.

On a level that he doesn't really care for you guys...
http://youtu.be/cHp-APc1lmc?t=2m12
You know it hits home.

Obsession is a form of love you know.

derb2k2
10-10-2013, 04:25 PM
He's an athlete, not a doctor.

nobody is asking him to be one. It's just that Rose is undeniably as dumb as h*ll. lol

nathanjizzle
10-10-2013, 04:45 PM
hes the coolest superstar.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/192otitxph8hrjpg/original.jpg

demons2005
10-10-2013, 04:53 PM
what you call "dumb" I call "humble"

it is 100x better to not pretend to be a intellectual like these other fake NBA superstars (look no further than the everyone in the "superfriends" clique) who for some reason think it's better to try to make fans think they're smarter than them, but it's so easy if you have any intellect to see right through their big words and canned answers. After all NBA fans work real jobs not just bouncing a ball. Rose doesn't see him self as a businessman he knows he's just playing a game and he acts like a basketball player, not trying to sell himself always.

To me Kobe is the only genuinely smart superstar of the media-savvy ones, everytime I see a Lebron/CP/Griffin type trying to give a interview I just cringe

SilkkTheShocker
10-10-2013, 05:02 PM
These Lebron dick riders are so damn scared of Rose.

6% shooting and 5 game series are pretty intimidating :eek:

RagaZ
10-10-2013, 05:06 PM
6% shooting and 5 game series are pretty intimidating :eek:
Never won a ring when Rose been healthy :pimp:

TheReal Kendall
10-10-2013, 05:15 PM

:roll:

Didn't you make this thread already? :facepalm

Pointguard
10-10-2013, 05:46 PM
what you call "dumb" I call "humble"

it is 100x better to not pretend to be a intellectual like these other fake NBA superstars (look no further than the everyone in the "superfriends" clique) who for some reason think it's better to try to make fans think they're smarter than them, but it's so easy if you have any intellect to see right through their big words and canned answers. After all NBA fans work real jobs not just bouncing a ball. Rose doesn't see him self as a businessman he knows he's just playing a game and he acts like a basketball player, not trying to sell himself always.

To me Kobe is the only genuinely smart superstar of the media-savvy ones, everytime I see a Lebron/CP/Griffin type trying to give a interview I just cringe

Funny thing is Magic doesn't come across as smart, but if you got an MBA at some Ivory League school you are suppose to be on Magic's level. But the smartest guy you know in your program is no where near Magic's level or even qualified to run a portion of his operations. People can always judge from the outside but its an ignorance on their behalf. Some people just have know how at very high levels and sport a different look than one might expect. JZ will likely be a Billionaire.

SCdac
10-10-2013, 05:49 PM
:confusedshrug:

http://eurthisnthat.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/shaquille_oneal.jpg

NumberSix
10-10-2013, 06:15 PM
Never won a ring when Rose been healthy :pimp:
2013...... Not that Rose being healthy is relevant anyway. You might as well throw in Amare and Granger not being healthy while you're at it.

Sarcastic
10-10-2013, 06:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldTtmeYzOgo&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DldTtmeYzOgo

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/slow-lol-zoom.gif

Young X
10-10-2013, 06:38 PM
http://freshpatrol.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/russdecline.gif

poido123
10-10-2013, 07:01 PM

Easily one of the funniest guys here on ISH.

Quick mention to Oh the Horror and Levity :lol

poido123
10-10-2013, 07:05 PM
2013...... Not that Rose being healthy is relevant anyway. You might as well throw in Amare and Granger not being healthy while you're at it.

Hit a nerve. :rolleyes:

Dresta
10-10-2013, 07:10 PM
lol @ the people defending stupidity with all the 'it doesn't matter because he plays basketball' bullcrap. Being as thick and illiterate as Rose is never defensible, no matter how much you earn. Don't think you can have any respect for yourself as an individual if you can be satisfied with being so dense.

strifed169
10-10-2013, 07:17 PM

lol

Bucket_Nakedz
10-10-2013, 07:22 PM
derrick rose can read. may not be college level, but the boy can read.

scm5
10-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Funny thing is Magic doesn't come across as smart, but if you got an MBA at some Ivory League school you are suppose to be on Magic's level. But the smartest guy you know in your program is no where near Magic's level or even qualified to run a portion of his operations. People can always judge from the outside but its an ignorance on their behalf. Some people just have know how at very high levels and sport a different look than one might expect. JZ will likely be a Billionaire.

Not trying to be a dick, but you should know it's Ivy league. Better to be corrected on a forum where no one cares than to be corrected in real life.

While I think Magic and Jay Z are very smart and capable people, I'm sure they hire people to run their companies and advise them on investments.

Bigsmoke
10-10-2013, 08:05 PM

Schools in Englewood arent the best

Go Getter
10-10-2013, 08:11 PM
lol @ the people defending stupidity with all the 'it doesn't matter because he plays basketball' bullcrap. Being as thick and illiterate as Rose is never defensible, no matter how much you earn. Don't think you can have any respect for yourself as an individual if you can be satisfied with being so dense.

The capacity to be book smart is not inherent in everyone. With that said Rose takes care of his responsibilities as a father, he keeps his nose clean, and realizes where his potential is and works hard towards that end.

He could have gotten into a number of bad things coming from where he's from but he didn't--he picked a positive path.

So in that regard he is not dense, he is pretty smart.

Making fun of people that have trouble reading or speaking is pretty low btw. Some people work on it and can't cut the mustard. It is what it is. He made a success out of himself despite his shortcomings and that is admirable.

Bigsmoke
10-10-2013, 08:15 PM
The capacity to be book smart is not inherent in everyone. With that said Rose takes care of his responsibilities as a father, he keeps his nose clean, and realizes where his potential is and works hard towards that end.

He could have gotten into a number of bad things coming from where he's from but he didn't--he picked a positive path.

Making fun of people that have trouble reading or speaking is pretty low btw. Some people work on it and can't cut the mustard. It is what it is. He made a success out of himself despite his shortcomings and that is admirable.

For the record, chicago teacher take it easy on their athletes. They would sit in the back in the class cracking jokes all day and still leave out of their with an A.

I<3NBA
10-10-2013, 08:45 PM
no. because he's not a superstar.

nathanjizzle
10-10-2013, 09:52 PM
he is not dumb, he engineered a bridge in highschool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzJlxp1Bt4Q

DaSeba5
10-10-2013, 09:53 PM
Why do people always fall for Silk's and Tony Montana's threads?

Meticode
10-10-2013, 10:14 PM
This is perfect image for the original poster and the thread.

chocolatethunder
10-10-2013, 10:17 PM
Ivory League? I suspect that you mean the Ivy League. You only illustrate your ignorance by actually believing that Magic has much to do with any of his "operations". What he was smart enough to know is that he knew nothing so he hired smart people to make sound business decisions for him. Magic is not intelligent. It is easy to see when you hear him talk. Not because he's not articulate but because he has difficulty explaining simple things. Plenty of uneducated people are smart and it's obvious. Magic is not one of them. You can walk down the street and trip over plenty of people smarter than that guy. He was however, a brilliant basketball player and not many have been or will ever be near his level on that. I'm sorry that you are naive enough to believe whatever the media has sold you about his tremendous business acumen but I assure you it's not true or even possible. Here's a great example of his stupidity on display.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65TAeDWcOuQ

jzek
10-10-2013, 10:26 PM
I think so. He had to get somebody else to take the SATs for him LOL!

Go Getter
10-10-2013, 11:26 PM
For the record, chicago teacher take it easy on their athletes. They would sit in the back in the class cracking jokes all day and still leave out of their with an A.
For the record I'm from the Wild 100s and you can't tell me shit about Chicago. I used to work off Garfield and Throop in Englewood.

Your point is moot. They take it easy of HS football players in TX and FL and baseball players in AZ. That has nothing to do with the post you quoted.

ripthekik
10-10-2013, 11:35 PM
Wow.. people in this thread just make me :facepalm

Who says the competition for all humans is the be as smart as possible? Dude is successful in his life, more successful than some of you pathetic kids'll ever be. Keep on laughing at him while sitting in your basement sipping mountain dew. I doubt Rose gives a damn.

Can't pass the SAT's..... still makes 10000x more than you do. Process that, smart ass.

DaSeba5
10-11-2013, 12:38 AM

Who says the competition for all humans is the be as smart as possible? Dude is successful in his life, more successful than some of you pathetic kids'll ever be. Keep on laughing at him while sitting in your basement sipping mountain dew. I doubt Rose gives a damn.

Can't pass the SAT's..... still makes 10000x more than you do. Process that, smart ass.

Oh the irony....

Dengness9
10-11-2013, 01:08 AM
So what I'm getting from this thread is Lebron never won a title while Rose was healthy?

That is true doe.

Legends66NBA7
10-11-2013, 01:13 AM
So what I'm getting from this thread is Lebron never won a title while Rose was healthy?

Is this really the new meme or saying trend going on in the basketball community these days ? I've seen it quite a lot now, but I don't really think people are really serious about it or are they ?

Dengness9
10-11-2013, 01:16 AM
Is this really the new meme or saying trend going on in the basketball community these days ? I've seen it quite a lot now, but I don't really think people are really serious about it or are they ?

Dead serious.

Doe.

HoopsFanNumero1
10-11-2013, 01:19 AM

That is true doe.

Actually it's false. He was healthy in last playoffs.

Dengness9
10-11-2013, 01:29 AM
Actually it's false. He was healthy in last playoffs.

You're whole life is false. I'm right on all accounts.

Lebron hasn't won when Rose was healthy. I'll repeat it as many times as you prefer.

It's not that hard of a concept.

D
O
E

Pointguard
10-11-2013, 01:41 AM
Ivory League? haha spell check but there is another reality in that mistake.

I suspect that you mean the Ivy League. You only illustrate your ignorance by actually believing that Magic has much to do with any of his "operations". What he was smart enough to know is that he knew nothing so he hired smart people to make sound business decisions for him. Magic is not intelligent. It is easy to see when you hear him talk.

Not because he's not articulate but because he has difficulty explaining simple things. Plenty of uneducated people are smart and it's obvious. Magic is not one of them. You can walk down the street and trip over plenty of people smarter than that guy. He was however, a brilliant basketball player and not many have been or will ever be near his level on that. I'm sorry that you are naive enough to believe whatever the media has sold you about his tremendous business acumen but I assure you it's not true or even possible. Here's a great example of his stupidity on display.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65TAeDWcOuQ

:lol You think intelligence is in the way people explain things? And you probably think you are smart? Coltrane, Jimmy Hendrix and Charlie Parker's genius will probably be around for hundreds of years but they weren't talkers or great explainers.

Magic said he was going to own a team and employ thousands of people at 20 years of age on Aresenio Hall show. After basketball it took about 10 years. Magic said he wanted to own theaters and went out and did it when they were closing down across the nation. "Smart business people" were thinking traditional nolonger investing in theaters. "Smart business people" were not opening Starbucks in poorer neightborhoods because they too were failing across the nation. If you think Smart Business people would rather have Magic get all the profits for their work you aren't too bright.

Magic is a doer. He dreamt these things as a teen and has the ability to make things materialize. That's a separate intelligence than explaining things. We live in a world of make it a reality intelligence, its amazing that some cavemen haven't progressed yet and realized this.

Legends66NBA7
10-11-2013, 01:56 AM
You think intelligence is in the way people explain things?

Off course it is.

It's part of a great intelligence and it has a lot influence on those willing to listen and learn.

BallsOut
10-11-2013, 02:20 AM
I love D Rose, but this has got to be one of the dumbest things anyone's ever said in professional sports:

"I'm a guy where whoever's on the court I'm going to go at them. If it's my teammates, it could be my mom on the court, she's going to get killed. I could care less who [is out there]."

C'mon son :facepalm

Pointguard
10-11-2013, 02:42 AM
Off course it is.

It's part of a great intelligence and it has a lot influence on those willing to listen and learn.

Yeah, but not exclusively and above all other intelligences as a I delineated. Yeah I should have said at the expense of all other intelligences. I see this kid at NYU that makes crazy apps instantaneously. I think he might be a genius. While people go around hating Obama who has this great ability to explain the issues of today and trolls have so thoroughly infested the internet, one might say that the old school intelligence of orators and debate is a lost cause.

no pun intended
10-11-2013, 03:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBEl7hsaBQ4

chocolatethunder
10-11-2013, 09:52 AM
haha spell check but there is another reality in that mistake.

:lol You think intelligence is in the way people explain things? And you probably think you are smart? Coltrane, Jimmy Hendrix and Charlie Parker's genius will probably be around for hundreds of years but they weren't talkers or great explainers.

Magic said he was going to own a team and employ thousands of people at 20 years of age on Aresenio Hall show. After basketball it took about 10 years. Magic said he wanted to own theaters and went out and did it when they were closing down across the nation. "Smart business people" were thinking traditional nolonger investing in theaters. "Smart business people" were not opening Starbucks in poorer neightborhoods because they too were failing across the nation. If you think Smart Business people would rather have Magic get all the profits for their work you aren't too bright.

Magic is a doer. He dreamt these things as a teen and has the ability to make things materialize. That's a separate intelligence than explaining things. We live in a world of make it a reality intelligence, its amazing that some cavemen haven't progressed yet and realized this.

Actually Hendrix was quite smart and articulate. He also possessed a vocabulary well past what he learned in school which showed that not only was he well read (which he most certainly was) but that he was able to process and understand what he read and make those words part of his vocabulary.

And btw if you think Magic was 20 years old when he was on Arsenio then you're just illustrating again how much of a moron you are and that you weren't alive to see Magic play basketball. Nonetheless, he's an idiot like you.

tmacattack33
10-11-2013, 10:12 AM

Great.

But we're not comparing him to some random person. Why would we do that? That's pointless.

We're comparing him to other NBA Super-stars.

And i think that yes, at least for the past 15 years when I've been watching, Derrick Rose is the dumbest. Unless you want to say that Marbury was a super-star. Then it's a toss up.

kshutts1
10-11-2013, 10:18 AM
Others have touched on it, but on what are we basing Rose's lack of intelligence? His apparent (by virtue of having someone else take the SATs) lack of book smarts? His public speaking?

There's a lot more to intelligence than just those two portions. Including some more important portions. Pretty shallow view of intelligence.

Don't remember who the poster was, but huge rep to the guy that mentioned that Rose is taking care of business.. father, successful in his field, all while keeping his nose clean growing up in a (apparently) poor part of town.

ripthekik
10-11-2013, 10:35 AM
Great.

But we're not comparing him to some random person. Why would we do that? That's pointless.

We're comparing him to other NBA Super-stars.

And i think that yes, at least for the past 15 years when I've been watching, Derrick Rose is the dumbest. Unless you want to say that Marbury was a super-star. Then it's a toss up.
If we're comparing to other NBA stars then why are we talking about intelligence? In that case we should be talking about NBA level success, basketball skills, accolades, and for that Rose is a multiple times all star and youngest MVP in the history of the NBA.

If you want to compare intelligence, then it's open and comparable to everyone here. All of us have the same goals in life, Rose, you, me, which is to be happy, successful in a career, MAKE MONEY, and to provide for our families. Tell me, for those, are you punks more successful, or is Rose?

NumberSix
10-11-2013, 10:53 AM
If we're comparing to other NBA stars then why are we talking about intelligence? In that case we should be talking about NBA level success, basketball skills, accolades, and for that Rose is a multiple times all star and youngest MVP in the history of the NBA.

If you want to compare intelligence, then it's open and comparable to everyone here. All of us have the same goals in life, Rose, you, me, which is to be happy, successful in a career, MAKE MONEY, and to provide for our families. Tell me, for those, are you punks more successful, or is Rose?
Well, I haven't reached my ultimate life goal, but my personal goal is a little bit beyond the goal of being a basketball player.

As much as we all love the game, being a basketball player is seriously not a big deal in the big picture. I'm sure a few people who post here are surgeons or any number of things that are much more successful than a basketball player.

As for money, the top 1% aren't just basketball players. There are obviously people on this board who have more money than any NBA player does. It's not like "basketball player" is the single highest paying job in the world.

People seem to have this idea that all rich people are famous when in fact, most aren't. I'd imagine some people here come from a family who is in the shipping business or something else that makes way more money than athletes.

You really think there aren't any posters who are richer and smarter than Rose. Like, for real?

As much as I am a fan/stan of a guy like LeBron James, let's not get it twisted. The dude is just a guy who is good at basketball. I wouldn't consider him to be a great man by any stretch of the imagination.

Go Getter
10-11-2013, 11:05 AM
Well, I haven't reached my ultimate life goal, but my personal goal is a little bit beyond the goal of being a basketball player.

As much as we all love the game, being a basketball player is seriously not a big deal in the big picture. I'm sure a few people who post here are surgeons or any number of things that are much more successful than a basketball player.

As for money, the top 1% aren't just basketball players. There are obviously people on this board who have more money than any NBA player does. It's not like "basketball player" is the single highest paying job in the world.

People seem to have this idea that all rich people are famous when in fact, most aren't. I'd imagine some people here come from a family who is in the shipping business or something else that makes way more money than athletes.

You really think there aren't any posters who are richer and smarter than Rose. Like, for real?

As much as I am a fan/stan of a guy like LeBron James, let's not get it twisted. The dude is just a guy who is good at basketball. I wouldn't consider him to be a great man by any stretch of the imagination.

Stopped reading there [at the second section], lol. Being an NBA player IS a big deal [and idk how people here are OBVIOUSLY more wealthy than D. Rose....lol you must believe everything you see on the net, smh]. Derrick Rose has the ability to positively impact the lives of thousands of inner city youth in Chicago and around the world.

Go Getter
10-11-2013, 11:07 AM
Others have touched on it, but on what are we basing Rose's lack of intelligence? His apparent (by virtue of having someone else take the SATs) lack of book smarts? His public speaking?

There's a lot more to intelligence than just those two portions. Including some more important portions. Pretty shallow view of intelligence.

Don't remember who the poster was, but huge rep to the guy that mentioned that Rose is taking care of business.. father, successful in his field, all while keeping his nose clean growing up in a (apparently) poor part of town.
:cheers:

Poor is a euphemism. People FROM Chicago don't like to visit Englewood.

NumberSix
10-11-2013, 11:12 AM
Stopped reading there [at the second section], lol. Being an NBA player IS a big deal [and idk how people here are OBVIOUSLY more wealthy than D. Rose....lol you must believe everything you see on the net, smh]. Derrick Rose has the ability to positively impact the lives of thousands of inner city youth in Chicago and around the world.
OK, let's not go ridiculously overboard with the social impact of professional athletes. Yes, Derrick Rose might end up being an inspiration for a few kids to get some college scholarships, but let's not act like he's Barack Obama or Neil DeGrasse Tyson or something. He's an entertainer. That's it. He's has about as much positive impact on humanity as Tracy Morgan or Lil Wayne. Athletes aren't pillars of civilization or anything.

tontoz
10-11-2013, 11:34 AM

I didn't realize they there was a league named after soap.

NumberSix
10-11-2013, 11:37 AM

I didn't realize they there was a league named after soap.
I'd imagine it was an auto correct or something. Then again, he might just be stupid.

SilkkTheShocker
10-11-2013, 11:43 AM
LOL at all the people saying it doesn't matter because he can play ball. That's not the point. The question asked was if he is the dumbest superstar in NBA history. And he is definitely in the running.

SilkkTheShocker
10-11-2013, 11:44 AM

This will be year 4 of Bulls fans and LeBron haters telling us how it's Chicago's year. We have all see this movie before.

ripthekik
10-11-2013, 11:48 AM

I don't think you really understood me. Where did I say that you are trying to become a basketball player?

I said Rose and us all have the same goals of excelling at a career. His is basketball, ours is whatever we do. He is probably higher level at his field and we are at our field. If you're in business, are you CEO? Well, D-rose is pretty much CEO of his field. He's the top 100 out of the ENTIRE WORLD. His MVP is like Forbes or smth. Tell me when you get there.

And what's this comparison for intelligence again? It's really moot. Who cares if you're actually more intelligent than him? Like I said, he's far higher up in his field of career, he's more successful and richer in life than you. And that's just comparing the surface, the comparable things.

Oh, sure, someone here might possible be richer than an NBA rookie. But richer than Derrick Rose? I'd say chance of that is 0.00000000000001%

Go Getter
10-11-2013, 11:57 AM
OK, let's not go ridiculously overboard with the social impact of professional athletes. Yes, Derrick Rose might end up being an inspiration for a few kids to get some college scholarships, but let's not act like he's Barack Obama or Neil DeGrasse Tyson or something. He's an entertainer. That's it. He's has about as much positive impact on humanity as Tracy Morgan or Lil Wayne. Athletes aren't pillars of civilization or anything.
Dwayne Wade comes back to the 100s and gives out free basketball instruction, shoes, and backpacks to under resourced kids in my old hood....it helps kids deal with ****ed up situations without going crazy.

Seeing as though you aren't from there [and don't have the ability to empathize or see past your ****ing nose] I don't see how your opinion holds any weight.

Obama has never been to the hood and doesn't come around and spend time with them and speak to them like human beings.

Therefore my point stands...Rose can and does have a positive impact on youth in Chicago...it is easier for kids to identify with them and when he speaks to them they value his opinion.

I went to the same grammar school as Ernie Banks' granddaughter....I wasn't an "at risk" youth but him coming to speak to us and signing my baseball and smiling at me and asking me name is something I'll never forget. He made a lot of young black kids believe that they can overcome their personal obstacles to become great men.

poido123
10-11-2013, 12:00 PM
Probably.

But I just want him to play good basketball :confusedshrug:

poido123
10-11-2013, 12:02 PM
This will be year 4 of Bulls fans and LeBron haters telling us how it's Chicago's year. We have all see this movie before.

Well it's year two if you want to factor in reality :lol

nathanjizzle
10-11-2013, 12:17 PM
Well it's year two if you want to factor in reality :lol

he doesnt have a sense of reality, only a sense of how to suck lebrons ****.

Pointguard
10-11-2013, 12:33 PM
Actually Hendrix was quite smart and articulate. He also possessed a vocabulary well past what he learned in school which showed that not only was he well read (which he most certainly was) but that he was able to process and understand what he read and make those words part of his vocabulary.

:lol
Backing up and and backing out huh, clown.

If you think articulation is the only demonstration of intelligence you are a sinking further and further into your horrible upbringing and continued ignorance. One without the other is a disaster but you are coupling the two.

The one guy you hear being mentioned as the smartest guy in the world (Stephen Hawkins) has a very hard time articulating his thoughts - sobeit its medical now, with others its just that the left back part of the brain might have a few wires mixed up back there for whatever reasons. But there are definitely math geniuses, intuitive geniuses, artistic geniuses, visual or auditory geniuses, spatial geniuses that can't teach their work because of articulation issues.

What Magic did would not be taught in Ivy League business management schools because it was very unconventional and against the trends of data generated business trends. It was based on Magic's inside knowledge of cultural realities and personal contact with these communities. It was totally Magic's conviction, courage and knowledge that made his empire. You guys who are saying it was the hired hand, don't know what you are talking about.

In South Jamaica, Brooklyn and Harlem in NYC I saw Magic myself go into the local neighborhoods himself and talk to the police higher ups in those neighborhoods to talk about security issues - the one in Jamaica Queens (Parson's Blvd) fell through because of some logistics. Even the guy at the local planning commission said "Wow, that was different."

Business Schools will not teach you to be unconventional, against trends, and bet on lower income people for luxury items and entertainment with tough economic times forboding. That's only something long time business people who been around for years would usually gamble on. Magic had a unique conviction and went for it. It wasn't the people around him as a couple of you are incorrectly surmising.

Ha, ha at the Aresenio/Magic thing. I should have said 20 years ago. But its still just as impressive. He looked so young I got carried away.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnfHSlE538o

Oh, and to boot. The world's first geniuses were Magic men. Well in a sense like Magic Johnson because they could make things materialize out of nothing. They were empowered because they manipulated the senses or made people believe in things that were not really there. It takes thousands of years for languages to develop to a point of conveying really meaningful things. But visual manipulation, like seeing oneself in a mirror or making things appear different was around since the beginning.

Pointguard
10-11-2013, 12:37 PM
I'd imagine it was an auto correct or something. Then again, he might just be stupid.

For those who can read I explained it.

2LeTTeRS
10-11-2013, 01:23 PM
Dwayne Wade comes back to the 100s and gives out free basketball instruction, shoes, and backpacks to under resourced kids in my old hood....it helps kids deal with ****ed up situations without going crazy.

Seeing as though you aren't from there [and don't have the ability to empathize or see past your ****ing nose] I don't see how your opinion holds any weight.

Obama has never been to the hood and doesn't come around and spend time with them and speak to them like human beings.

Therefore my point stands...Rose can and does have a positive impact on youth in Chicago...it is easier for kids to identify with them and when he speaks to them they value his opinion.

I went to the same grammar school as Ernie Banks' granddaughter....I wasn't an "at risk" youth but him coming to speak to us and signing my baseball and smiling at me and asking me name is something I'll never forget. He made a lot of young black kids believe that they can overcome their personal obstacles to become great men.

Not trying to hijack the thread; but do you even know what Obama did prior to enterring politics? To say he has "never been to the hood and doesn't come around and spend time with them and speak to them like human beings" is a flat-out boldfaced lie >>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama

Two years after graduating, Obama was hired in Chicago as director of the Developing Communities Project (DCP), a church-based community organization originally comprising eight Catholic parishes in Roseland, West Pullman, and Riverdale on Chicago's South Side. He worked there as a community organizer from June 1985 to May 1988.[30][31] He helped set up a job training program, a college preparatory tutoring program, and a tenants' rights organization in Altgeld Gardens.[32] Obama also worked as a consultant and instructor for the Gamaliel Foundation, a community organizing institute.

Pointguard
10-11-2013, 02:48 PM

I thought Ripthekik was saying that Rose is very successful because he's doing what he loves doing and making crazy money off of it. Most brilliant people aren't doing what they love to do and aren't making anything near 300 million. Most people in their lifetimes don't see people like that in their entire lives. I work for an event where people donate a 100,000 dollars for a plate yearly, and I rarely see people who are at the 300 million dollar mark. A good friend of mine is on Wall Street as a high end broker and he doesn't see it that much.

But the main point is that if you love what you do, get to do charity, get to help people, get to do really meaningful things in NBA cares and on your own, go hard at your goals, work hard to improve his merit, be among the best in the world, get to see the world, take care of your family and loved ones at the age of 24, while making more money than your lifetime of four generations can responsibly spend - it doesn't get much better than that... . You got a better plan?

At the most basic levels Rose made the right choices in life and is putting in the work to get the most out of it... that's smart and you can wear that well the rest of your life if you do it right.

NumberSix
10-11-2013, 03:06 PM
I don't think you really understood me. Where did I say that you are trying to become a basketball player?

I said Rose and us all have the same goals of excelling at a career. His is basketball, ours is whatever we do. He is probably higher level at his field and we are at our field. If you're in business, are you CEO? Well, D-rose is pretty much CEO of his field. He's the top 100 out of the ENTIRE WORLD. His MVP is like Forbes or smth. Tell me when you get there.

And what's this comparison for intelligence again? It's really moot. Who cares if you're actually more intelligent than him? Like I said, he's far higher up in his field of career, he's more successful and richer in life than you. And that's just comparing the surface, the comparable things.

Oh, sure, someone here might possible be richer than an NBA rookie. But richer than Derrick Rose? I'd say chance of that is 0.00000000000001%
Is he?

Him being richer is a reasonable assumption. The numbers are on your side. The vast majority of people don't have hundreds of millions or more. Its a guess that you would be correct in the majority of situations.

As for him being more successful? It depends what you think constitutes success. Rose is one of the more popular people in a particular entertainment filed and was recently one of the better in practice in his field. That's pretty good. Especially considering how difficult it is to even reach the professional level of his field. All around impressive.

But how much is being good at basketball really worth? What level of overall success does being a good basketball player really attain? If I told you I was one of the best scrabble players in the world, how much would you really care? Probably not at all. What if I said I was one of the best water polo players? You probably wouldn't care. Your value of professional basketball equaling success is a direct result of the money involved.

Who would you say is more successful? One of the top surgeons in America, or Derrick Rose? Let's even say that Rose does have more money. Would you say Rose is more successful than the surgeon?

Bottom line, Derrick Rose is by no means one of the most successful people in America. He's just good at something that in the long run is meaningless.

HomieWeMajor
10-11-2013, 03:41 PM
Moses Malone
Smoking crack didn't help him either

chocolatethunder
10-11-2013, 03:59 PM
:lol
Backing up and and backing out huh, clown.

If you think articulation is the only demonstration of intelligence you are a sinking further and further into your horrible upbringing and continued ignorance. One without the other is a disaster but you are coupling the two.

The one guy you hear being mentioned as the smartest guy in the world (Stephen Hawkins) has a very hard time articulating his thoughts - sobeit its medical now, with others its just that the left back part of the brain might have a few wires mixed up back there for whatever reasons. But there are definitely math geniuses, intuitive geniuses, artistic geniuses, visual or auditory geniuses, spatial geniuses that can't teach their work because of articulation issues.

What Magic did would not be taught in Ivy League business management schools because it was very unconventional and against the trends of data generated business trends. It was based on Magic's inside knowledge of cultural realities and personal contact with these communities. It was totally Magic's conviction, courage and knowledge that made his empire. You guys who are saying it was the hired hand, don't know what you are talking about.

In South Jamaica, Brooklyn and Harlem in NYC I saw Magic myself go into the local neighborhoods himself and talk to the police higher ups in those neighborhoods to talk about security issues - the one in Jamaica Queens (Parson's Blvd) fell through because of some logistics. Even the guy at the local planning commission said "Wow, that was different."

Business Schools will not teach you to be unconventional, against trends, and bet on lower income people for luxury items and entertainment with tough economic times forboding. That's only something long time business people who been around for years would usually gamble on. Magic had a unique conviction and went for it. It wasn't the people around him as a couple of you are incorrectly surmising.

Ha, ha at the Aresenio/Magic thing. I should have said 20 years ago. But its still just as impressive. He looked so young I got carried away.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnfHSlE538o

Oh, and to boot. The world's first geniuses were Magic men. Well in a sense like Magic Johnson because they could make things materialize out of nothing. They were empowered because they manipulated the senses or made people believe in things that were not really there. It takes thousands of years for languages to develop to a point of conveying really meaningful things. But visual manipulation, like seeing oneself in a mirror or making things appear different was around since the beginning.
Your idiocy is on display again. His name is Stephen Hawking. Damn you are dense. Go back to the "Ivory League".

Go Getter
10-11-2013, 04:22 PM
Not trying to hijack the thread; but do you even know what Obama did prior to enterring politics? To say he has "never been to the hood and doesn't come around and spend time with them and speak to them like human beings" is a flat-out boldfaced lie >>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama

I meant President Obama, not trying to elected Obama, I know he did some community organizing early in his career. The kids don't identify with Obama...(I used a superlative which is wrong (your're correct) --but I didn't think anyone would take it that seriously).

I was in the 100s and in the Gardens during that time and no one I knew ever spoke about Obama....his service was probably a lot like George Bush's military service.

Since the explosion of violence in the past 3 years, I haven't heard from Obama or Michelle (in a substantial manner)...people wonder if they even care about Chicago. When people (and i don't live there anymore) I know talk about Obama it is mostly because when he comes home he holds up traffic.

My point stands.....guys like Derrick Rose and D Wade make a lot more impact on the kids than guys like Obama....hel, Colin powell came to the hood for the opening of a grammar school....I thought it was great but kids didn't dig it like I did.

Pointguard
10-11-2013, 05:40 PM
Your idiocy is on display again. His name is Stephen Hawking. Damn you are dense. Go back to the "Ivory League".
:lol Why would anybody care about spelling mistakes when talking to haters about their problems in an informal setting? Why would I concern myself with spelling in talking to you. Spelling is an etiquette and you don't even remotely pretend to have that. Even if you spell things right, you are still a caveman with issues: It makes you more entertaining but it doesn't change the framework in which we conceptualize you. The second you call somebody a name you aren't playing the etiquette game anymore, in consequence I don't pretend I strive for it with you, KLOWN!!!

You will call someone else dumb because they don't articulate themselves and you have barely said a word in behalf of your own argument. Somethings are just self-incriminating.

secund2nun
10-11-2013, 05:47 PM
I meant President Obama, not trying to elected Obama, I know he did some community organizing early in his career. The kids don't identify with Obama...(I used a superlative which is wrong (your're correct) --but I didn't think anyone would take it that seriously).

I was in the 100s and in the Gardens during that time and no one I knew ever spoke about Obama....his service was probably a lot like George Bush's military service.

Since the explosion of violence in the past 3 years, I haven't heard from Obama or Michelle (in a substantial manner)...people wonder if they even care about Chicago. When people (and i don't live there anymore) I know talk about Obama it is mostly because when he comes home he holds up traffic.

My point stands.....guys like Derrick Rose and D Wade make a lot more impact on the kids than guys like Obama....hel, Colin powell came to the hood for the opening of a grammar school....I thought it was great but kids didn't dig it like I did.

Or maybe it was like his supposed time at Colombia, where not one professor or student can ever remember a Obama there. He is called "the Ghost of Columbia University" and one very popular long time professor there who any law student would have to go through has said he has never heard Obama and neither have any of his professor colleagues.

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/ghost-of-columbia-part-ii-legendary-columbia-professor-never-heard-of-obama/

secund2nun
10-11-2013, 05:50 PM
I don't know Rose so I can't say for sure if he is dumb. I don't define intelligence by academics (where Rose is obviously poor in). I define it as the ability to see the truth. A materialistic brainsurgeon is a moron in my book yet a noble generous homeless person is a genius. Basically a non conformist is smart and a conformist is an idiot. If you are overly materialistic I view you as an idiot.

Pointguard
10-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Is he?

Him being richer is a reasonable assumption. The numbers are on your side. The vast majority of people don't have hundreds of millions or more. Its a guess that you would be correct in the majority of situations.

As for him being more successful? It depends what you think constitutes success. Rose is one of the more popular people in a particular entertainment filed and was recently one of the better in practice in his field. That's pretty good. Especially considering how difficult it is to even reach the professional level of his field. All around impressive.

But how much is being good at basketball really worth? What level of overall success does being a good basketball player really attain? If I told you I was one of the best scrabble players in the world, how much would you really care? Probably not at all. What if I said I was one of the best water polo players? You probably wouldn't care. Your value of professional basketball equaling success is a direct result of the money involved.

Who would you say is more successful? One of the top surgeons in America, or Derrick Rose? Let's even say that Rose does have more money. Would you say Rose is more successful than the surgeon?

Bottom line, Derrick Rose is by no means one of the most successful people in America. He's just good at something that in the long run is meaningless.
Being a surgeon doesn't make you automatically a success. If a person didn't really want to be a surgeon he might not be a good one. Being a success is based on the criteria you yourself make up and perform well at high levels. Sure being a good surgeon is more productive for society than a ball player but it doesn't mean its always a higher standard of success. If you love what you do and you take it to its highest heights - at a personal level that is success at its best.

A person might be put on this earth to provide for his family in a big way. While he might not have ability to impress with his intelligence, he can provide for his child to have access to med school. And his child or grandchild might be the person to achieve very high in a meaningful way. As a successful provider you can influence in indirect ways.

And yes if Derek Rose is one of the best in the world at what he does he's an inspiration to those in his community and his family. His excellence at his work makes others think they can get on a world stage and achieve at a high level. I know for a fact this is true.

nathanjizzle
10-11-2013, 06:10 PM
says the guy that uses "than again" rather than "then again":lol

chocolatethunder
10-11-2013, 07:42 PM
Or maybe it was like his supposed time at Colombia, where not one professor or student can ever remember a Obama there. He is called "the Ghost of Columbia University" and one very popular long time professor there who any law student would have to go through has said he has never heard Obama and neither have any of his professor colleagues.

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/ghost-of-columbia-part-ii-legendary-columbia-professor-never-heard-of-obama/

You may wanna read this
http://www.factcheck.org/2010/02/obama-at-columbia-university/

Fudge
10-11-2013, 08:37 PM

Somebody wanna help Silkk find some new material?

The JKidd Kid
10-11-2013, 08:41 PM
He's probably the worst interviewer in the league after Brook Lopez, but I'm pretty sure he's autistic so oh doesn't count.

Dictator
10-11-2013, 08:46 PM
You guys gotta realize the situation and areas these kids come from. Drose is from Englewood, you shouldn't really expect him to be a scholar.

Knoe Itawl
10-11-2013, 09:10 PM
You may wanna read this

It's one thing to not agree with Obama's politics, but all these "muslim, socialist, not born in America, didn't go to Columbia, etc." idiots really are the worst.

deja vu
10-11-2013, 11:58 PM
What does reading have to do with basketball? :lol

chocolatethunder
10-13-2013, 02:31 AM
It's one thing to not agree with Obama's politics, but all these "muslim, socialist, not born in America, didn't go to Columbia, etc." idiots really are the worst.
I don't care about politics at all I just think that if you run around claiming something as fact you had better know that it's actually fact. If you don't do that it just makes you look like an idiot.

La Frescobaldi
10-13-2013, 09:45 AM
What does reading have to do with basketball? :lol

https://lh3.ggpht.com/ZBjLPDAEqHt9AKx4VDvHzlSXh__a-zqYTdwCSZNsj_kEWaWGiDP1JTY-OmJr3YoxiGo=h310

"Don't worry, those aren't letters. The little circles just mean that's the guys with the ball. SEE? 1, 2, 3, 4, 5!! It's the 5 guys on offense - that's all!!"

Djahjaga
10-13-2013, 10:58 AM
Moses Malone.

Go Getter
10-13-2013, 11:48 AM
You guys gotta realize the situation and areas these kids come from. Drose is from Englewood, you shouldn't really expect him to be a scholar.
:facepalm

Our ancestors came from worse and did better. In addition, (currently) black women [including those from poor areas of Chicago] are becoming some of the most successful accounting and nursing students in the country.

Fresh Kid
10-13-2013, 11:56 AM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/z%20Funny%20NBA%20Photos/Funny%20NBA%20Record/Lebron%20James/aka%20big%20choker/lebron-james-2011-nba-final-4q.jpg

NumberSix
10-13-2013, 12:00 PM
:facepalm

Our ancestors came from worse and did better. In addition, (currently) black women [including those from poor areas of Chicago] are becoming some of the most successful accounting and nursing students in the country.
Ok? :confusedshrug:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think he said anything about black people or women being intellectually inferior.

Budadiiii
10-13-2013, 12:02 PM
Ok? :confusedshrug:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think he said anything about black people or women being intellectually inferior.
Both of you are idiots. Jesus Christ...

No reading comprehension. :facepalm

SwayDizzle
10-13-2013, 12:50 PM

:applause: :applause: :applause:

tomtucker
10-13-2013, 01:12 PM
http://cdn.solecollector.com/media/up/2013/10/images/launch%20D%20Rose%204%20Editorial%204.jpg

who is at the bottom of this picture ?

:D

L.A. Jazz
10-13-2013, 01:18 PM
For me, during the Bulls years Rodman was as big or even bigger star than Rose now and he is the dumbest for me.

Pointguard
10-13-2013, 01:40 PM
I think with Rose coming off a particular way is mainly due to the fact that he knew where his meal ticket was and prioritized that way. I doubt he will ever regret that decision. He will enjoy that decision for the rest of his life.

He's intelligent in what he does and is good at it. He knows how to work hard and improve himself, so he will likely do well in things he prioritizes.

What I find ironic about the title of this thread, is that all of the superstars in the current NBA suffered big time when put in a new system or found themselves in a new situation (Kobe, Dwight, CP3, Wade, Lebron, Mello, Deron, Durant). Yet Rose had a higher usage rate, more obstacles, more offensive responsibilities and still had more success. Meaning his adaption, creative solutions and abilitlity to figure problems out is top notch.

ripthekik
10-13-2013, 01:57 PM
Is he?

You talking entirely different things with me.

Bottom line: He's MUCH MUCH MUCH better at his career than you are at for your field of career. He's made it to the top 50 worldwide of his career (basketball). If you're a businessman, become the world's top 50 riches CEO or whatever before you want to even compare yourself.

If what you're valuing is value to the society (hence where your surgeon argument comes from), then you lose at that argument too. The free market dictates Rose's salary. The fact that his salary is so high means he is more wanted, more valuable to the general society. Yes, the entertainment he provides to the whole world is more valuable than 1 surgeon. That's why he's paid more.

I have no idea what you're trying to argue, but you have nothing at all.

NumberSix
10-13-2013, 02:38 PM

Bottom line: He's MUCH MUCH MUCH better at his career than you are at for your field of career. He's made it to the top 50 worldwide of his career (basketball). If you're a businessman, become the world's top 50 riches CEO or whatever before you want to even compare yourself.

If what you're valuing is value to the society (hence where your surgeon argument comes from), then you lose at that argument too. The free market dictates Rose's salary. The fact that his salary is so high means he is more wanted, more valuable to the general society. Yes, the entertainment he provides to the whole world is more valuable than 1 surgeon. That's why he's paid more.

Yeah, and Kim Kardashian makes more money than the guy who invented the internet. You're literally retarded if you think she's more successful.

I can tell you right now for a fact I have more money than Richard Dawkins. Am I more successful than him? Doubt it.

Here's why you're stupid. You're creating this proportional equivalency where there isn't any. I don't care if Rose is one of the best in his field (which I wouldn't even agree with). His field is pretty meaningless. You wouldn't say the word's best tetris player is more successful than Derrick Rose. He's the best at his field while Rose isn't. It doesn't matter though because tetris doesn't matter. It's just playing a game.

You make this claim that it's about how good he is in his field, but it's a smokescreen. You only deem his field as being "successful" due to the money.

Again, like it or not, Rose is NOT more successful than everyone on this board. Some people have more money than Rose, and others have more important work. Rose is just a basketball player. That's it. He's a dumb guy who just happens to be talented in a particularly lucrative way.

secund2nun
10-13-2013, 02:59 PM
You may wanna read this

Notice none of those things actually involving see Obama on campus. There is a reason he sealed his student records. Are you gonna tell me that a 46 year professor of Colombia law and all of his colleagues and all of the students at the anniversary of Obama's supposed law school graduation class are all lying?

I just returned from New York, where I attended my 30th Columbia University reunion. I celebrated with my esteemed classmates. Everyone except Barack Obama. As usual- he wasn’t there. Not even a video greeting. Not a personalized letter to his classmates. Nothing. But worse, no one at our 30th reunion ever met him. The President of the United States is the ghost of Columbia University

I am a graduate of Columbia University, Class of 1983. That’s the same class Barack Obama claims to have graduated from. We shared the same exact major- Political Science. We were both Pre Law. It was a small class- about 700 students. The Political Science department was even smaller and closer-knit (maybe 150 students). I thought I knew, or met at least once, (or certainly saw in classes) every fellow Poly Sci classmate in my four years at Columbia.

One of the speakers at the 30th reunion should have reminisced about “my days with the future President.” But no one did. You’d think Obama might have sent a video to tell us all how much he enjoyed his time at Columbia. You’d think he’d have sent at least a letter to be read aloud from one of his former college buddies. Right? But he didn’t. Because Obama has no former college buddies. No one that ever met Obama, let alone befriended him, was in attendence at our 30th class reunion.

So I asked every classmate I met at our 30th reunion, many of them Political Science majors, if they ever met, or saw, or heard of Obama. The answer was a resounding NO from every one of them. I asked if they found this strange, or worried how this was possible? They all answered YES. I asked if they thought it was possible to be a Political Science major and never meet a fellow major in our small classes? They all gave me a very strange look and answered NO. So I asked, “How could this be possible? Can you explain this?” No one had an answer

One classmate told me he was present when one of the most honored professors in Columbia University history gave a speech to alumni a couple of years ago. The speech was followed by Q&A. This beloved professor was asked about Obama at Columbia. He said, “I have my doubts about the story.” The crowd was stunned. He immediately went onto the next question and never elaborated. So obviously I’m not the only one with doubts. (see below)

I was put on Professor Graff’s trail by another Columbia classmate, skeptical about Obama’s story. He told me that Professor Graff had been the speaker for the Class of ’53 last weekend at Columbia. My friend was watching Graff answer questions from the crowd when he was asked about Obama at Columbia. Graff said, “I have my doubts he ever went here.”

Legendary Columbia Professor Never Heard of Obama
Professor Henry Graff
I did some digging and located Graff’s home phone number. I called him yesterday. Now retired, he was delighted to hear from me. He agreed to go on the record about Obama. Unlike Obama, Professor Graff clearly remembered me. He was thrilled to hear from his former student. I was in several of Graff’s classes and he remembered me like it was yesterday. He sounded great- like he hasn’t lost any of his trademark sharpness in 30 years since we last met.

I was honored to learn that this legendary historian has been following my political career for many years. But he had no such cheery things to say about the President. Graff said, “I taught at Columbia for 46 years. I taught every significant American politician that ever studied at Columbia. I know them all. I’m proud of them all. Between American History and Diplomatic History, one way or another, they all had to come through my classes. Not Obama. I never had a student with that name in any of my classes. I never met him, never saw him, never heard of him.”

Even more importantly, Professor Graff knew the other history and political science professors. “None of the other Columbia professors knew him either” said Graff.

Graff concluded our interview by saying, “I’m very upset by the whole story. I am angry when I hear Obama called ‘the first President of the United States from Columbia University.’ I don’t consider him a Columbia student. I have no idea what he did on the Columbia campus. No one knows him.”

Unless a 46 year professor of Colombia law is lying and so are his fellow professors and all of Obama's classmates in his supposed graduation class.

secund2nun
10-13-2013, 03:01 PM

Well I guess a 46 year professor of Colombia Law and all of his fellow professors are an idiot then.

jimmy77x
10-13-2013, 03:06 PM
Yeah, and Kim Kardashian makes more money than the guy who invented the internet. You're literally retarded if you think she's more successful.

I can tell you right now for a fact I have more money than Richard Dawkins. Am I more successful than him? Doubt it.

Here's why you're stupid. You're creating this proportional equivalency where there isn't any. I don't care if Rose is one of the best in his field (which I wouldn't even agree with). His field is pretty meaningless. You wouldn't say the word's best tetris player is more successful than Derrick Rose. He's the best at his field while Rose isn't. It doesn't matter though because tetris doesn't matter. It's just playing a game.

You make this claim that it's about how good he is in his field, but it's a smokescreen. You only deem his field as being "successful" due to the money.

Again, like it or not, Rose is NOT more successful than everyone on this board. Some people have more money than Rose, and others have more important work. Rose is just a basketball player. That's it. He's a dumb guy who just happens to be talented in a particularly lucrative way.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Le Shaqtus
10-13-2013, 03:11 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Gotta give him credit for trying.

NumberSix
10-13-2013, 03:11 PM
Well I guess a 46 year professor of Colombia Law and all of his fellow professors are an idiot then.
You're right. Maybe there never was a Barack Obama. Think about it. Have you ever seen him in person? Only on TV, right? It's obviously Will Smith with movie make up on his face.:rolleyes:

secund2nun
10-13-2013, 03:17 PM

I'm sorry, but success has to do with how good of a person you are, not how much money you make. What you are talking about is financial success.

Also if you are gonna talk about it from a economic viewpoint, someone making tens of millions of year actually hurts the economy. The are certainly not more valuable. Is Carlos Slim valuable to Mexico? He hurts Mexicans.

Rose makes like 36-38 million a year including endorsements. Resources are not unlimited. You cannot take more than you need without taking from someone else who probably actually needs those resources for basic necessities instead of luxuries like mansions and luxury cars. The stronger economies always have income less income disparities.

secund2nun
10-13-2013, 03:18 PM
You're right. Maybe there never was a Barack Obama. Think about it. Have you ever seen him in person? Only on TV, right? It's obviously Will Smith with movie make up on his face.:rolleyes:

Yes the 46 year tenured professor at Colombia is lying along with all of the other students and professors he knows. Facts hurt huh? Don't you find it strange Obama sealed his student records? Why in the world would anyone do that?

Curse you Henry Graff. Colombia, delete this fool off of your website!
http://history.columbia.edu/faculty/Graff.html

CelticBaller
10-13-2013, 03:19 PM

help a brotha out :(

NumberSix
10-13-2013, 03:22 PM
Yes the 46 year tenured professor at Colombia is lying along with all of the other students and professors he knows. Facts hurt huh? Don't you find it strange Obama sealed his student records? Why in the world would anyone do that?

Curse you Henry Graff. Colombia, delete this fool off of your website!
http://history.columbia.edu/faculty/Graff.html
Yeah, you're right. Obama really did go to Harvard, but he felt the need to lie about going to Columbia. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

secund2nun
10-13-2013, 03:25 PM
Yeah, you're right. Obama really did go to Harvard, but he felt the need to lie about going to Columbia. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Henry Graff and his fellow professors and his students= Liar...I got it. But anyways I don't want to hijack this thread.

NumberSix
10-13-2013, 03:32 PM
Henry Graff and his fellow professors and his students= Liar...I got it. But anyways I don't want to hijack this thread.
Not remembering someone =/= lying.

#strawman

http://photos1.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/8/b/6/c/event_225095692.jpeg

secund2nun
10-13-2013, 03:35 PM
Not remembering someone =/= lying.

#strawman

It's not just him. It all of the professors he knows don't know Obama either and none of the classmates at the class of 83 reunion knew about Obama either and that is the graduation class he was supposedly in.

The fact the student records were sealed by Obama is the cherry on top. There is absolutely no reason to ever seal your student records unless you are trying to hide something.

You clearly must think Graff, his fellow professors he knows, and the students at the 30 year class of 83 anniversary are lying because there is no way all of those people just magically don't remember Obama. If what all of those people say is true about not remembering him, then it means Obama did not go there.

ALso it's not a strawman. Graff has clearly said he does not believe Obama went to Colombia and that he gets angry when Obama claims he went to Colombia.

dr.hee
10-13-2013, 03:39 PM

Never a miscommunication :confusedshrug:

ripthekik
10-13-2013, 11:34 PM

To you and the other guy that quoted me as well, my way of comparison is the ONLY way to compare. That is financial, economic value.

Other ways? Those are all intrinsic. We all have different values on who is more valuable or "successful" or good, maybe a teacher, doctor, priest, whatever. Due to that there's no point in comparison. You could say a bum is more successful because he is happy. That's going no where.

The only place we can compare is financial success and career. Every single person on this planet has a career. Rose, you, me. We're all trying to be the best is our respective fields. The fact that Rose is making so much money means his field is not pointless. The best tetris player in the world wouldn't make as much, thus the money shows the value. Like I said, you should have gone to school, Numbersix. His salary tells you a lot, basically his value to the society as a whole. We all have salaries, and that IS comparable. It tells us what the person's value to the society is. If you can do something no one can, you have more skills, you get paid more and that is it.Thus he is more "valuable" and better in his career (which also also much harder and valuable to get in than yours).

Like I said, you have nothing. Now, if you want to go compare and say a bum's a more "successful" person in your own definition, go ahead.

NumberSix
10-13-2013, 11:55 PM
To you and the other guy that quoted me as well, my way of comparison is the ONLY way to compare. That is financial, economic value.

Other ways? Those are all intrinsic. We all have different values on who is more valuable or "successful" or good, maybe a teacher, doctor, priest, whatever. Due to that there's no point in comparison. You could say a bum is more successful because he is happy. That's going no where.

The only place we can compare is financial success and career. Every single person on this planet has a career. Rose, you, me. We're all trying to be the best is our respective fields. The fact that Rose is making so much money means his field is not pointless. The best tetris player in the world wouldn't make as much, thus the money shows the value. Like I said, you should have gone to school, Numbersix. His salary tells you a lot, basically his value to the society as a whole. We all have salaries, and that IS comparable. It tells us what the person's value to the society is. If you can do something no one can, you have more skills, you get paid more and that is it.Thus he is more "valuable" and better in his career (which also also much harder and valuable to get in than yours).

Like I said, you have nothing. Now, if you want to go compare and say a bum's a more "successful" person in your own definition, go ahead.
You literally have no idea what my career is/was, just as I have no idea what yours is. You deal too much in assumptions.

Dengness9
10-13-2013, 11:58 PM
ISH....where if there is a thread with Derrick Rose's name in the title, "numbersix" will post in it.

Derrick is your God, not hard to see. You can't stop talking about him.

Fudge
10-14-2013, 12:10 AM

Dat ether.

Bron stans continue to be everybody else's bitch. :oldlol:

ripthekik
10-14-2013, 12:12 AM
You literally have no idea what my career is/was, just as I have no idea what yours is. You deal too much in assumptions.
I can assume and the odds will still be in my favors. You could be a doctor, lawyer, scientist, whatever (I know none of those cause you didn't finish school). At most you're an entrepreneur, but there's millions of those around the world. Are you even the top 10% bruh? Rose is top 50 in the whole world, from probably millions who play ball worldwide, he's the top 0.1% in his field. Think about that for a sec. And his salary proves his field isn't worthless, as the world's best in an useless field would not have such a high salary.

Again, the salary speaks for itself. I don't know why I have to explain it like I'm talking to a fifth grader. It's simple economics 101. The only way to compare people across the board - career / finance, he wins.

jimmy77x
10-14-2013, 12:18 AM

Apparently Numbersix has over 100 million in the bank :roll: :roll: and just happens to have the time and sit on an internet forum occasionally to hate on melo, durant, rose, kobe and to preach his Lebron gospel.

TheMan
10-14-2013, 12:25 AM
Apparently Numbersix has over 100 million in the bank :roll: :roll: and just happens to have the time and sit on an internet forum occasionally to hate on melo, durant, rose, kobe and to preach his Lebron gospel.

Pointguard
10-14-2013, 12:54 AM
My bad, I should have not quoted you.

I hear what you are saying but I know a lot of guys that have great economic and financial assets due to work but don't have health or lets say guys that don't have their own freedom in consequence. If you sell your soul, its not success. If you hate what you do, its not success. If it spiritually feels offensive, its not success. You can see it in people's eyes... In the case of Rose none of this applies. He loves his work, it isn't hurting anybody, family and loved ones can enjoy his work as well. He puts his heart and personal goals into his work.

In the case of the poster Number Six, I do think if you are a success you would have a positive side and not be a wreckless hater beyond being just a fan of things you enjoy. You are more a hater than a fan which is crazy to do with your leisure time.

ripthekik
10-14-2013, 12:59 AM

I hear what you are saying but I know a lot of guys that have great economic and financial assets due to work but don't have health or lets say guys that don't have their own freedom in consequence. If you sell your soul, its not success. If you hate what you do, its not success. If it spiritually feels offensive, its not success. You can see it in people's eyes... In the case of Rose none of this applies. He loves his work, it isn't hurting anybody, family and loved ones can enjoy his work as well. He puts his heart and personal goals into his work.

In the case of the poster Number Six, I do think if you are a success you would have a positive side and not be a wreckless hater beyond being just a fan of things you enjoy. You are more a hater than a fan which is crazy to do with your leisure time.
Nah man, I have no problem with what you're saying. I was talking about secund2none as the other guy who quoted me.

NumberSix
10-14-2013, 01:10 AM

If you don't "hate" the opposition, you're not a real fan.

Sports is like any other form of entertainment. I hated Biff Tannen too, and I know he doesn't even exist. That's the fun of it. It's not real life. Normal standards don't apply. Derrick Rose isn't a real person to me. He's just a character in this particular theatre.

Basketball is a game. It's supposed to be fun. We're not the ones playing, so we have the drama and the ups and downs of it to enjoy. Some of you take things way too seriously to the point it doesn't seem like you enjoy it. If I ever met Derrick Rose, I'm not gonna be like "fcuk you, I hate you". Lol. No more than I would hate the actor who plays Biff Tannen.

Sorry, but I like hating the opposition. Its fun. Being in "serious business" mode on an online entertainment based form is was is a weird use of time. It's like being super serious about wrestling.

TheMarkMadsen
10-14-2013, 01:46 AM

Pointguard
10-14-2013, 08:48 AM
If you don't "hate" the opposition, you're not a real fan.

Sports is like any other form of entertainment. I hated Biff Tannen too, and I know he doesn't even exist. That's the fun of it. It's not real life. Normal standards don't apply. Derrick Rose isn't a real person to me. He's just a character in this particular theatre.

Basketball is a game. It's supposed to be fun. We're not the ones playing, so we have the drama and the ups and downs of it to enjoy. Some of you take things way too seriously to the point it doesn't seem like you enjoy it. If I ever met Derrick Rose, I'm not gonna be like "fcuk you, I hate you". Lol. No more than I would hate the actor who plays Biff Tannen.

Sorry, but I like hating the opposition. Its fun. Being in "serious business" mode on an online entertainment based form is was is a weird use of time. It's like being super serious about wrestling.

Hate is one thing. Being obsessed and getting personal every chance you get is another.

greymatter
10-14-2013, 09:07 AM

Maybe if I were as dumb as a rock, I'd be able to make some sort of idiotic inference about the the fact that Lebron also never won an MVP while 7-time-champion Robert Horry was playing.

Rose's best Bulls team (10-11) couldn't beat Lebron's worst Heat team (same year), so your statement has zero worth.

NumberSix
10-14-2013, 12:01 PM
Hate is one thing. Being obsessed and getting personal every chance you get is another.
Getting personal? :roll:

I'm not the one here saying people banged Rose's mom or his fianc