PDA

View Full Version : Dwight booed in the Phillipines, chants of "Kobe"

Twiens
10-10-2013, 02:27 PM
[QUOTE]For most of his visit to the Philippines, Houston Rockets center Dwight Howard received a lot of love from basketball-crazy Filipino fans.

But Howard also had a taste of backlash for his decision to leave the popular Los Angeles Lakers franchise in the offseason.

During the Rockets

senelcoolidge
10-10-2013, 02:31 PM
It's sad how people there worship Kobe. But at the same time Howard is deserving of the boo's. They should send him to Mindanao next time..the war zone.

alec613
10-10-2013, 02:46 PM
Lots of Lakers and Spurs fans + (insert currently dominating 3rd team) in Philippines, so it's not surprising.

cos88
10-10-2013, 02:59 PM
i care about who is booed and what phillipines fans think about baskebtall as much as i want to know how soft is the sand in Diani Beach in Kenya, Africa.

scm5
10-10-2013, 03:11 PM
Mental midget....

4-11 shooting, 3 rebounds, 4 turnovers in 24 minutes...

That, or Hibbert really bothered him. Dwight's always had problems with true size like he did with Yao.

bmd
10-10-2013, 03:23 PM
Mental midget....

4-11 shooting, 3 rebounds, 4 turnovers in 24 minutes...

That, or Hibbert really bothered him. Dwight's always had problems with true size like he did with Yao.Apparently you guys didn't watch the game.

Dwight was trying different things on the floor for practice. He was doing things like shooting mid-range jump shots off the glass like Tim Duncan would do.

tmacattack33
10-10-2013, 03:51 PM
I'm not sure if being cheered by people who really have no idea what is going on in this league is a good thing.

And i'm not sure if being booed by them is a bad thing.

They probably know about 5 players over there in total: Kobe, Dwight, Lebron, Ron Artest, and maybe Dwyane Wade

hangintheair
10-10-2013, 04:06 PM
I'm not sure if being cheered by people who really have no idea what is going on in this league is a good thing.

They probably know about 5 players over there in total: Kobe, Dwight, Lebron, Ron Artest, and maybe Dwyane Wade

**** you bitch you racist ****er..

Read and try learn something first before you comment like that.

Crown&Coke
10-10-2013, 04:30 PM
I hope that the "Kobe" chants follow Dwight in every NBA arena. That would be Nene Hilario

Not because I dislike D12, simply because that would be trolling at it's finest, going from arena to arena

longtime lurker
10-10-2013, 04:34 PM

Pretty ignorant comment. You think people in philipines don't have access to the internet?

OldSkoolball#52
10-10-2013, 04:39 PM
I hope that the "Kobe" chants follow Dwight in every NBA arena. That would be Nene Hilario

Not because I dislike D12, simply because that would be trolling at it's finest, going from arena to arena

Definitely this.

strifed169
10-10-2013, 05:47 PM
salty as ****

tmacattack33
10-10-2013, 05:56 PM

That's not racist at all bro.

The Phillipines are an ocean away. So 90% of them (the ones without league pass international) will not know what the F is going on in the NBA.

I coulda said the same thing about Brazil, France, India, or Congo.

Rose'sACL
10-10-2013, 05:58 PM

pinoy spotted.

gts
10-10-2013, 06:02 PM

ignorant statement...

You know how big the NBA is in the Philippines? You know how many posters we have on ISH alone that are from the Philippines.

bigt
10-10-2013, 06:13 PM

The Phillipines are an ocean away. So 90% of them (the ones without league pass international) will not know what the F is going on in the NBA.

You do realise why the NBA flew two teams across that ocean right? NBA is massive over there

jzek
10-10-2013, 06:15 PM
When will the Philippines dominate Asian basketball? Last time I saw their National team (when Kobe and co. visited a few y ears back), they had a 100% black dude in their starting 5 LMAO!

TheBigVeto
10-10-2013, 06:48 PM
It's sad how people there worship Kobe.

That country and China have the most number of Kobetards outside of LA.

coin24
10-10-2013, 08:31 PM
Wrong. The Philippines even has like nba only tv channels, they're obsessed with it over there..
They watch more bball than half the retards on here who only watch box scores:facepalm

ISH world and travel advice is as good as it's medical experts on player recovery times:lol :facepalm

coin24
10-10-2013, 08:34 PM
And fu*k dwight, he sucks. Trying out Tim Duncan style shots? :roll:
The main problem with that is dwight can't shoot for shit. Back to open dunks or fumble/brick.

I<3NBA
10-10-2013, 08:58 PM
When will the Philippines dominate Asian basketball? Last time I saw their National team (when Kobe and co. visited a few y ears back), they had a 100% black dude in their starting 5 LMAO!
that would be impossible, so i know you're just making a hyperbole.

hangintheair
10-10-2013, 10:50 PM

**** you. We have basketball TV here in our cable, NBA Basketball all day.
Try to do research first man. Also there is a thing called internet.

ripthekik
10-10-2013, 11:41 PM
tmacattack :facepalm
showing true dumbass doucherybagness of a true lebron fan with no knowledge of the outside world.

I hope lebron23 was there cheering :lol

livingby3's
10-10-2013, 11:59 PM
the Philippines is probably the most engrossed in following the NBA in whole of South East Asia. Kobe, LeBron and Rose, have some huge fan bases there.

Most who watch the NBA in China and Philippines are mega fans of Kobe, not even the Lakers, just Kobe.

Rose'sACL
10-11-2013, 12:19 AM
i don't hate Kobe but i am speaking from experience that people from Philippines probably have lowest IQ in all of asia. their fashion sense is on par with lady gaga.
Bangladesh is probably the only country i have been to where people are that stupid.

ErhnamDjinn
10-11-2013, 12:22 AM

Wtf u talking about moron all cable channels here either have some sort of nba channel or nba premium tv we even get ufc ppv for free. Heck there are alot of pinoys here on ish

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
10-11-2013, 12:56 AM

retard arrogant bastard....get out of ur hood mutha fcuka...there is a whole advance world out there

Lakers Legend#32
10-11-2013, 01:20 AM
The whole world knows Dwight is a b!tch.

josh99
10-11-2013, 03:02 AM
It's sad how people there worship Kobe. But at the same time Howard is deserving of the boo's. They should send him to Mindanao next time..the war zone.
Lol... I grew up in Mindanao :lol

josh99
10-11-2013, 03:05 AM

:roll: So ignorant. The NBA is more popular in the Philippines than in America... You have to go there to understand how basketball crazy it is.

JusBlaze
10-11-2013, 03:16 AM
I see people are still salty. Not surprising.

sportjames23
10-11-2013, 04:46 AM
This thread is gold. :oldlol:

senelcoolidge
10-11-2013, 05:13 AM
It's true they have an NBA channel. They play games all day long. They also have a channel that broadcast the PBA games. One night we were driving on the lone highway back to the province where my wife's family is from. All I could see were lit basketball courts and guys playing full court..with crowds watching. Like events. I saw like a dozen of these courts on the way home. They love basketball there.

SpanishACB
10-11-2013, 05:40 AM

You're not racist you're just extremely stupid.

Here is some light: people who go to arenas to watch basketball games like basketball. They're not inside this "90% of the average joe" population you speak of.

There's also the fact that the internet and tv signal doesn't give a **** about oceans.

It's hard for an american I know, but try to adquire sobe awareness and perspective on your surroundings; it will stop you from manifesting your ignorance in such an embarrasing manner.

JtotheIzzo
10-11-2013, 06:22 AM
i don't hate Kobe but i am speaking from experience that people from Philippines probably have lowest IQ in all of asia. their fashion sense is on par with lady gaga.
Bangladesh is probably the only country i have been to where people are that stupid.

Jesus Christ, what is wrong with you? There are plenty of smart people in The Philippines and the majority of people are bilingual (Tagalog and English), the idea that a society has a lower IQ is a bit off.

The Philippines is a 3rd world country and has long suffered from insanely corrupt politicians, but the last couple of years the economy has been performing very well.

I have been to the country probably 10 times and have always found it hospitable and friendly. Comparing it to Bangladesh, which is probably the most desperate country outside of Africa on the planet, is unfair and unrealistic, the Philippines has some amazing things on offer.

http://theegotripper.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Rice-terraces-Philippines.jpg

http://theegotripper.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/philippines-beauty.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/37/Beach_North_Mindoro_Philippines.jpg

http://doniciasthoughts.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/4chocolate-hills.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img801/6494/gen7new.jpg

http://farm1.hv-static.flickr.com/134/338307012_c6d3110c8c.jpg

http://www.kenwoodtravel.co.uk/gallery/Manila-City-by-Night.jpg

pethuel03
10-11-2013, 06:35 AM
As a Filipino, I find this thread very sad.
There was a thread back then like year 2007 or something wherein someone posted the stats visits for insidehoops.com. Guess what.. The most number of insidehoop visits came from the Philippines. I am not saying that most Filipinos are more knowledgeable about the NBA but I can say that Filipinos are huge fans of the NBA and basketball itself and that they are aware of the simple things happening around the NBA. It's not like we don't have internet here or something.