PDA

View Full Version : Helping Endangered Younger Family Members

MtMutombo
10-10-2013, 09:19 PM
I have a younger sibling who I've started to suspect is in some sort of danger to themself. I dont live in the same country and unfortunately I think the root of the danger involves my parents.

Parents' attempts to get my sibling help (high school age) have been weak and very affected by denial and anger.

I know teen years are hard but my little sibling hasnt spoken to one of my parents for almost a year and half now. Please, without further examples, take my word that the situation is and has been serious for a while. Stuff like choosing not to eat dinner (ever) if it requires leaving their room. My sibling is scared, quiet, disturbed and the subject is absolutely unapproachable.

Im not looking for diagnosis or sympathy I just want to know who do I go to?

Like I said, I think the root might involve my parents and theyve failed to make any progress for a year plus. Every member of my family has tried reaching out in their own way and met the same absolute rejection.

Do I involve the school? I think social services is too serious but is it often people think that?

Jameerthefear
10-10-2013, 09:42 PM
I'm sorry to hear that man. I think you do whatever it takes to help your brother before it's too late.

red1
10-10-2013, 09:43 PM
I'm sorry to hear that man. I think you do whatever it takes to help your brother before it's too late.
How do you know it is his younger brother? Probably a sister since he is being so secretive with the gender.