PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been Fired from a job? (Be Honest)

Tarik One
10-11-2013, 09:59 AM
Some people never admit when they get terminated from employment. They'll tell you something like: "Well, I got layed off" or "My company is downsizing". BS. Even if they do admit to getting fired, they would come up with excuses such as "My boss was out to get me", but never take responsibility for their own actions.

Years ago, I worked in a customer service/call center environment. Highly stressful as well. Nonstop calls from people complaining, yelling and cursing. It had gotten to the point where I would unplug my headset and let the calls go through, meaning when they call, my phone would answer, but there would be dead silence on the customer's end. Sometimes the customer would sit there for 10 minutes or so before hanging up. I was doing this for about 3 months until they caught on to me and fired my ass. Other people were doing it as well. Still no regrets though. The job was mentally draining.

christian1923
10-11-2013, 10:06 AM
Yeah I worked at this family fun park and I was the go kart attendant, and my boss was in a shitty mood one day and came out to specifically tell me not to let this little girl ride the karts because the only reason she was tall enough to pass the hieght limit test was because of the boots she was wearing. Turns out it was that little girls birthday and she was with all her friends and I started feeling bad for her cause she had to ride passenger every time, so I just let her drive herself. My boss saw that and fired me lol but I didn't even care though I was like 16 and only worked once or twice a week.

Rake2204
10-11-2013, 10:17 AM
I worked for a country club in Ann Arbor directly after high school, as a means to save for college. I didn't get fired, but I called in sick on my last day. My boss hung up on me before I even finished my sentence. So, it kind of felt like I was fired. Clearly poor form on my part.

Also, while in college, my girlfriend really wanted me to get a job so I found one in a local kitchen. I'm terrible with food and it was likely the lowest paying job I've ever had. The amount of money I was earning made not a dent in what I was paying for my college education, so my interest in remaining employed at that location was limited.

After maybe a month of working there, my girlfriend experienced some serious health issues and ended up in the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. In a polite manner, I matter of factly informed my boss I'd be taking a good bit of time off to go see her.

When I returned to my job a week or so later, I didn't really have plans of continuing my employment, but my boss had the same idea. It was honestly the most mutual job-related decision I've been a part of. It was two people realizing they liked one another, but they just didn't make sense together. We both knew I was somewhere I shouldn't be. He was wonderfully cordial and offered me to use him for a reference or anything else I might need in the future.

I forgot that part of my life even existed until just now.

DukeDelonte13
10-11-2013, 10:28 AM
my first job was washing dishes for an italian resturaunt the summer of my 7th grade year.

I was working until midnight most nights and when I told them I couldn't work late nights during the school year they fired me :oldlol:

El Kabong
10-11-2013, 11:15 AM
Nope, I've quit my previous 4 jobs to move on elsewhere.

2LeTTeRS
10-11-2013, 01:05 PM
In highschool I got fired from my first job ever at Chick-fil-A; but to this day I still say it wasn't my fault. The week before Spring Break had just asked my manager for more hours and then ended up getting invited to head down to Orlando a few days back. Came in a few days later and told him wouldn't be able to work that next week; which I could tell pissed him off but thought nothing of it.

So I get back from Orlando and call in asking for my schedule and get told that my name wasn't on the schedule. I ask to speak to the manager, and he tells me to come in and have a meeting with him. I get there 15 mins later and he tells me he needs to let me go; using the excuse that I didn't properly close down and clean the kitchen the last night I worked; even though I had worked an 8 hour shift the next day.

magic chiongson
10-11-2013, 01:30 PM
never, i quit as soon as i felt it coming :D

ItsMillerTime
10-11-2013, 01:49 PM
Last year for my birthday, my father surprised me by flying in to town to hang out with me for the day. So I called in to work to let them know about this. Got an email 2 hours later telling me I was fired.

tontoz
10-11-2013, 08:20 PM
A long time ago my appendix ruptured my 3rd day on the job but it wasn't diagnosed until two weeks later. I missed a couple of days then went back to work, staying late to make up training time. A few weeks later when it was time for surgery i told my boss on monday that i was having surgery that friday. I got fired on the spot.

Another time i was working as a loan officer. I had only been there a few weeks. I had a customer interested but looking at the numbers i knew it was impossible to do the deal he wanted. My boss told me to lie to the customer, tell him we could do the deal, then try to sell him on something else. I refused and got let go.

riseagainst
11-01-2013, 05:30 PM
I worked at this office job as an office bi1tch. I got fired after my boss's boss discovered that I was f)cking my boss (female). She's married with 2 kids. We did it in her office a few times as well.

Myth
11-01-2013, 05:41 PM
Nope.

Stuckey
11-01-2013, 06:25 PM

was assigned to find companies that would replace their massive hard drives within 6 months. Let`s say I talked to less than 3 decision makers a day and they told me either they were not or they dont even need that much space for hard drives

the list of numbers they gave me was utter shyteee

TheReal Kendall
11-01-2013, 06:31 PM
In my mind I haven't :oldlol:

9erempiree
11-01-2013, 06:34 PM
Never got fired but quit.

Balla_Status
11-01-2013, 07:20 PM
Summer before college I needed some cash outside of reffing soccer games so I got a job at a new BBQ joint.

I told them I was going on a vacation with my parents the last two weeks of July but I'll be back to work another couple of weeks when I get back.

I get back and go in to look at the schedule and don't see my name. Didn't really bother to speak to anybody since the managers really didn't even know my name I don't think. Just assumed I was fired.

Working at that place sucked.

mlh1981
11-01-2013, 10:20 PM
My first teaching job, I only lasted 2 months before I was let go. It was inner city, and I couldn't handle the students. They ultimately did me a huge favor, and honestly, I was pretty relieved. I was free to find other work in the district and eventually did.

Draz
11-01-2013, 11:14 PM
Op what company you worked for?

PHX_Phan
11-02-2013, 01:38 AM
Never fired, only quit. Walked out of a few places.

I'm a Journeyman for an electrical contractor, as long as I show up and do my job there's not much I can do to get canned. :confusedshrug:

Outside of that, I've held a shit ton of food service jobs. Serving, cooking, delivery driving; pretty much every position in a restaurant. I used to change those jobs like I did clothes. I had a bunch of experience to get hired easy and if I didn't like it after the second check I would find another one.

Balla_Status
11-02-2013, 04:43 AM
My first teaching job, I only lasted 2 months before I was let go. It was inner city, and I couldn't handle the students. They ultimately did me a huge favor, and honestly, I was pretty relieved. I was free to find other work in the district and eventually did.

Why do I assume that it's so hard to fire a teacher?

Jakeh008
11-02-2013, 05:50 AM

Because the worst teachers have tenure

NastaMaverick
11-02-2013, 06:02 AM
got fired from my first ever retail job when i was 17. made minimum wage and was generally treated like shit, so when a customer threatened to punch me I told him to meet me in the parking lot. he asked to speak to my manager and i was fired on spot. dont regret it :confusedshrug:

mlh1981
11-02-2013, 03:12 PM

I was still in a probationary period.