PDA

View Full Version : Giannis Antetokounmpo

Grinder
10-11-2013, 10:17 AM
This kid oozes of potential. His skill set coupled with his athleticism is something else. I saw some of his games at the U20 Euros this past summer and now in preseason and have come away impressed each time.

His production doesn't match his talent but once he learns to hone it and becomes more confident, he'll be a hell of a player. The Bucks need to give this kid ample playing time and let him develop because they might finally have a legit star player on their hands.

We need a nickname for this kid, no one wants to type Antetokounmpo regularly. :D

http://thesportsquotient.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/giannis.jpg

dr.hee
10-11-2013, 10:19 AM
A nickname? What about "T-Mac of Europe"? No wait, already taken...

3peated
10-11-2013, 10:20 AM
i called this on draft night that his nickname should be "ante up"

DukeDelonte13
10-11-2013, 10:20 AM
he looked good in his first preseason game.

kshutts1
10-11-2013, 10:21 AM
I like Jalen's nickname for him. Po.

robert de niro
10-11-2013, 10:25 AM
GIannis ANTetokounmpo

or just durantupoulos :confusedshrug:

BoutPractice
10-11-2013, 10:27 AM
I like Giant. Better than The Ant.

HomieWeMajor
10-11-2013, 10:36 AM
The (Anti)Thesis

Pointguard
10-11-2013, 10:44 AM
I made a thread about him in May. I thought he was for sure the player with the most upside in this draft and was really worried that OKC was going to get him. His coordination, left hand and handle is amazing at his age. I saw him run full speed, dribble and dunk left handed like only John Wall can do with the off hand. Also has great court vision. Was making threes pretty easy too.

The argument against him was weird to me. Like he couldn't adjust to bigger fast guys but they have no evidence of that. Especially when he looked taller and faster than anybody I have seen since Durant.

JimmyMcAdocious
10-11-2013, 11:01 AM
He's looked great in his first two games. He moves so well for a guy his size and unlike most skinny tall guards, he actually has a nice frame to put on some muscle. And he's only 18. Way more polished than I thought he would be. Probably the best looking rookie I have seen thus far.

He does move a bit like TMac. I've been surprisingly impressed with his offensive and defensive potential already. The Bucks have a nice future with Sanders, Henson, and this-long-named-kid-who-badly-needs-a-nickname. If they would just tank for once to get their future PG or aim for Parker or Wiggins...

dannywpt
10-11-2013, 12:31 PM
The Giant!

rustycage
10-11-2013, 01:28 PM
The Compass

Euroleague
10-11-2013, 08:50 PM
He already has a nickname. It's Greek Freak. And he's 6-10, not 6-9.

It's also hilarious how he puts up better stats in the NBA than he did in the SECOND division in Greece.

"vastly superior NBA"

:lol :oldlol: :rolleyes:

TheReal Kendall
10-11-2013, 08:52 PM

It's also hilarious how he puts up better stats in the NBA than he did in the SECOND division in Greece.

"vastly superior NBA"

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Mike-Woodson-Coach-FacePalm.gif

Bandito
10-11-2013, 08:54 PM
He just seems to be an athletic prodigy with a crazy wingspan. But we have to wait at least until he is 22 to see if he will be a Carmelo or a Miguel (I forgot his name :lol) Pietrus. I remember Pietrus had crazy athleticism but he was raw and he didn't become what his talent was supposed to show.

gabepizza
10-11-2013, 08:56 PM

"vastly superior NBA"

Euroleague now has a new opportunity to make another Greek player mocked, hated and ridiculed by the entire ISH community and legions of NBA fans.
:applause:

Bandito
10-11-2013, 08:57 PM

"vastly superior NBA"

:lol :oldlol: :rolleyes:Didn't he played like one game in the preseason? And stats depend on time played on the court. If the Euroleague didn't give him a chance because they are morons and the NBA give the kid time so they can have a talented player in the future it is possible for the kid to have better stats on the NBA.

It is worst though when a player who was supposed to be the next TMac is given time and he just plays horrible while a lesser player like Arroyo was actually a solid role player when he was on the NBA...

Euroleague
10-11-2013, 09:12 PM
I made a thread about him in May. I thought he was for sure the player with the most upside in this draft and was really worried that OKC was going to get him. His coordination, left hand and handle is amazing at his age. I saw him run full speed, dribble and dunk left handed like only John Wall can do with the off hand. Also has great court vision. Was making threes pretty easy too.

The argument against him was weird to me. Like he couldn't adjust to bigger fast guys but they have no evidence of that. Especially when he looked taller and faster than anybody I have seen since Durant.

All of that was completely made up and imagined anyway. The comments about "he plays against 6-5 slow high school guys" were all imagined and fake.

He played against 7 footers and grown professionals in Greece's 2nd league. But US sports media did some serious lying about him.

Euroleague
10-11-2013, 09:14 PM
Euroleague now has a new opportunity to make another Greek player mocked, hated and ridiculed by the entire ISH community and legions of NBA fans.

He was getting better stats in NBA preseason than in 2nd Greek League that NBA "experts" in US said was "below US high school level" and that on the draft night they even said was "at US junior high level"..............

Always nice when US arrogance and ignorance comes back to haunt them.

Last year at this time you said, "I never heard of this kid so no way in hell will he be a first round draft pick and no way in hell will he ever be a good player. If he had any ability he would be all over US sports media".

Yeah, like "US sports media" or NBA ever scouted in Greece EVER...........IDIOT

In Spain they considered him the biggest prospect since Dirk.

dr.hee
10-11-2013, 09:15 PM
Always nice when US arrogance and ignorance comes back to haunt them.

You're a f*cking redneck yourself. What is wrong with you?

gabepizza
10-11-2013, 09:15 PM
Didn't he played like one game in the preseason? And stats depend on time played on the court. If the Euroleague didn't give him a chance because they are morons and the NBA give the kid time so they can have a talented player in the future it is possible for the kid to have better stats on the NBA.

It is worst though when a player who was supposed to be the next TMac is given time and he just plays horrible while a lesser player like Arroyo was actually a solid role player when he was on the NBA...

He wasn't in Euroleague he was in some 2nd division Greek league.

The funniest thing about this is before anyone ever heard of this guy Euroleague was talking him up, saying how he was the next Kevin Durant, is going to be a top draft pick, posting videos of him dunking, etc, etc..but now that he was actually drafted and is going to play in the NBA he has to make a 180 and is say how much of a scrub he was in Europe.

I really want Spanoulis to come back to the NBA just to mess with Euroleague. On one hand Spanoulis is his favorite player who he thinks is one of the best players in the world. On the other hand if he comes back to the NBA he will be an NBA player and Euroleague will feel the need to diminish his accomplishments and call him a scrub.

His head might literally explode!
:lol :roll:

Euroleague
10-11-2013, 09:17 PM
Didn't he played like one game in the preseason? And stats depend on time played on the court. If the Euroleague didn't give him a chance because they are morons and the NBA give the kid time so they can have a talented player in the future it is possible for the kid to have better stats on the NBA.

He didn't play in the Euroleague you IDIOT.

He played in the SECOND DIVISION of Greece.

Twiens
10-11-2013, 09:17 PM
Already a more impressive career than Spanolis

Euroleague
10-11-2013, 09:20 PM
He wasn't in Euroleague he was in some 2nd division Greek league.

The funniest thing about this is before anyone ever heard of this guy Euroleague was talking him up, saying how he was the next Kevin Durant, is going to be a top draft pick, posting videos of him dunking, etc, etc..but now that he was actually drafted and is going to play in the NBA he has to make a 180 and is say how much of a scrub he was in Europe.

I never ever said he was anything but a talent you idiot. I NEVER EVER said he was Kevin Durant in Europe.

STOP YOUR LYING

Euroleague
10-11-2013, 09:20 PM
Already a more impressive career than Spanolis

Strange how he couldn't pass his tryout for Greece's national team.............

dr.hee
10-11-2013, 09:25 PM
Strange how he couldn't pass his tryout for Greece's national team.............

He'll have a better rookie year than your boy Spanoulis for sure. I mean Shaun Livingston did, and you've said before that Antegokumopotakatalamonpuo is better than a young Livingston. And I'm betting he won't run away after a few bad games. Finally, the real T-Mac of Europe has arrived. :bowdown:

Euroleague
10-11-2013, 09:26 PM
He'll have a better rookie year than your boy Spanoulis for sure. I mean Shaun Livingston did, and you've said before that Antegokumopotakatalamonpuo is better than a young Livingston. And I'm betting he won't run away after a few bad games. Finally, the real T-Mac of Europe has arrived. :bowdown:

He won't ever be as good as Spanoulis is.

He's talented, but he will NEVER EVER be as good as top Greek players like Spanoulis and Diamantidis.

NEVER.

At the same age Spanoulis was light years better.

Giannis was the 4th best player of Greece's under 20 team.

aj1987
10-11-2013, 09:28 PM
He won't ever be as good as Spanoulis is.

3 points on 30%

dr.hee
10-11-2013, 09:29 PM
At the same age Spanoulis was light years better.

I don't think that he'll be satisfied with 3 points and 1 assist per game. He wants more. The NBA might be inferior to Euroleague, but still too good for Spanoulis :cheers:

I'm betting that Antetokounmpo will be a better NBA player than Spanoulis ever was. Not that this is particularly hard, but you have to start somewhere. After that he can have bigger goals, like Matt Barnes or maybe even Steve Blake. But being better than Spanoulis was is a nice starting point.

Euroleague
10-11-2013, 10:10 PM
I don't think that he'll be satisfied with 3 points and 1 assist per game. He wants more. The NBA might be inferior to Euroleague, but still too good for Spanoulis :cheers:

I'm betting that Antetokounmpo will be a better NBA player than Spanoulis ever was. Not that this is particularly hard, but you have to start somewhere. After that he can have bigger goals, like Matt Barnes or maybe even Steve Blake. But being better than Spanoulis was is a nice starting point.

He won't be half as good as Spanoulis is.

Inferno
10-11-2013, 10:19 PM

If he averages more than 3 on 30% then he'll be better

Jameerthefear
10-11-2013, 10:25 PM
there will always be a few good apples in the highschool jv league that is euroleague. doubt he lasts long though.

SourGrapes
10-11-2013, 10:53 PM
there will always be a few good apples in the highschool jv league that is euroleague. doubt he lasts long though.

What do you mean when you say you doubt he lasts long?

alexd
10-12-2013, 05:09 AM
he has much more upside than Spanoulis ever had.He s much much longer,more athletic,smarter,taller
They didn t draft him cause he is ready now.I ve mentioned in previous threads where you said he s nba ready and dominates the 2nd division etc
He has all the tools to be a poor man s KD.He ll never be that good(KD was lightyears ahead at this age)but he ll be solid.Once he buffs a bit and learn the pace of the NBA he ll have a fine career if given the chance.He s hard worker.I ve played against him and the guy is hard match up cause he s soooo damn long,he can dribble(not an excellent ballhander but good enough for his height)average shooter but can get better and can use both hands.He needs to play better defense.He can but he gets lazy sometimes and doesn t have the correct stance
Spanoulis at his age was very fast and explosive,not a very good shooter,lethal slasher,but again low iq

andremiller07
10-12-2013, 05:32 AM
He looks a lot more like Batum than KD in terms of the way he plays

dannywpt
10-12-2013, 06:23 AM

2.7 PPG on 31,9%, actually. Stop hating on V-Span, the gift sent from the basketball gods themselves. More athletic than Rose and Westbrook combined. Would easily carry a team of scrubs to an NBA championship himself. He would be the real T-Mac, even if he played alongside McGrady.

BoutPractice
10-12-2013, 06:39 AM
He looks and moves like KD, without the historically good scoring skills but with more defensive potential and better passing instincts - more like a 6'10 Pippen. Based on pure eye test, he's got the highest potential of anyone in this draft (maybe the Bucks finally get their Dirk after trading him away all those years ago :lol At least their Kirilenko). Raw as hell, but he's only 18 (!) and he'll often make the kind of play that's simply out of reach for 90% of current NBA players. Just imagine what he could be like 5 years from now if he develops.

Nash
10-12-2013, 07:19 AM
Giannis was the 4th best player of Greece's under 20 team.
I would love to see someone with knowledge actually clarify this. Sounds like Euroeleague bs

dr.hee
10-12-2013, 07:41 AM
I would love to see someone with knowledge actually clarify this. Sounds like Euroeleague bs

Well Euroleague was the one hyping him up originally. Calling him the "hottest prospect", better than Shaun Livingston at the same age ( who went on to be a better NBA player in his 1st year than Spanoulis btw), even citing Danny Ainge saying he's "Pippen like". But now that he's in the NBA, and probably dropping rookie numbers his boy toy V-Span could only dream of, Euroleague realizes that being better than 18 year old Livingston means being better than NBA rookie Spanoulis, too. So now he has to hate him of course.

:lol

alenleomessi
10-12-2013, 07:56 AM
im calling just another preseason/summer league legend and an actual bust in the nba league... out of the league in 5 years.

alexd
10-12-2013, 08:29 AM
im calling just another preseason/summer league legend and an actual bust in the nba league... out of the league in 5 years.
it really comes down to his work ethic and avoiding injuries.He has all the physical tools and one thing everyone should know about him is that he loves to pass.He isn t a ballhog that s a big plus for someone his age

Grinder
10-12-2013, 10:06 AM
The (Anti)Thesis

I like this one. :applause:

His court vision is one thing that really sets him apart from most skinny, super athletic wings. Most of these guys have such an advantage with their athleticism and length when they're in high school and it turns them into selfish, shoot first players. It's rare you see a kid that young with those physical skills who is such a willing and capable passer.

He's looked great in his first two games. He moves so well for a guy his size and unlike most skinny tall guards, he actually has a nice frame to put on some muscle. And he's only 18. Way more polished than I thought he would be. Probably the best looking rookie I have seen thus far.

He does move a bit like TMac. I've been surprisingly impressed with his offensive and defensive potential already. The Bucks have a nice future with Sanders, Henson, and this-long-named-kid-who-badly-needs-a-nickname. If they would just tank for once to get their future PG or aim for Parker or Wiggins...

The length in the front court with those 3 is absurd.

PAOK
10-12-2013, 10:34 AM
The length in the front court with those 3 is absurd.

http://www.nba.com/bucks/sites/bucks/files/imagecache/slider_image/content/images-topstory/2013/09/media-day-rewind-810.jpg

damn

CelticBaller
10-12-2013, 11:12 AM
http://www.nba.com/bucks/sites/bucks/files/imagecache/slider_image/content/images-topstory/2013/09/media-day-rewind-810.jpg

damn
Sick, bucks fans must be excited :applause:

Le Shaqtus
10-12-2013, 12:41 PM
He has a good build for this league, don't throw him under the bus just yet.

R.I.P.
10-12-2013, 01:16 PM
He can

red1
10-12-2013, 09:42 PM
just watching this kid play it is clear that he is already better than spanoulis ever was

Pra
10-12-2013, 09:48 PM
just watching this kid play it is clear that he is already better than spanoulis ever was

:cheers:

Euroleague
10-12-2013, 09:55 PM

He won't be half as good as Spanoulis is now, when he's in his prime.

Le Shaqtus
10-12-2013, 09:56 PM

Spanoulis could lead an NBA team to a championship you delusional psychopath :mad:

Euroleague
10-12-2013, 09:57 PM
he has much more upside than Spanoulis ever had.He s much much longer,more athletic,smarter,taller
They didn t draft him cause he is ready now.I ve mentioned in previous threads where you said he s nba ready and dominates the 2nd division etc
He has all the tools to be a poor man s KD.He ll never be that good(KD was lightyears ahead at this age)but he ll be solid.Once he buffs a bit and learn the pace of the NBA he ll have a fine career if given the chance.He s hard worker.I ve played against him and the guy is hard match up cause he s soooo damn long,he can dribble(not an excellent ballhander but good enough for his height)average shooter but can get better and can use both hands.He needs to play better defense.He can but he gets lazy sometimes and doesn t have the correct stance
Spanoulis at his age was very fast and explosive,not a very good shooter,lethal slasher,but again low iq

Georgios Apolostilids >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dimitris Diamantidis

Euroleague
10-12-2013, 10:00 PM

http://u20men.fibaeurope.com/en/cid_FW2Ym8GSJEAe2vpbWdQMR0.pageID_sniZ4BmSGQQLlPeL-EMh33.compID_UIfgjyQcGqk-fPlnl66Tj0.season_2013.roundID_9350.teamID_291.htm l

It would have taken you 5 seconds with Google to find this. Negged for being lazy and ignorant, and future negged for being a douche bag for no reason.

Euroleague
10-12-2013, 10:01 PM
it really comes down to his work ethic and avoiding injuries.He has all the physical tools and one thing everyone should know about him is that he loves to pass.He isn t a ballhog that s a big plus for someone his age

He told Greek media he also learned how to spit on other players from watching Diamantidis play.

Euroleague
10-12-2013, 10:02 PM

Yet he couldn't make the Greek national team.

Andrew Wiggins
10-12-2013, 10:04 PM

if they selected him, they maybe could have qualified for the world championship

he would have been the chemo to the cancer that is v-span :bowdown:

red1
10-13-2013, 11:13 AM
Spanoulis was a scrub when he played in the greatest league in the world meanwhile this kid is on route to be a solid contributor in his first season in the league. Po >> v-span

dr.hee
10-13-2013, 11:16 AM
Po >> v-span

This. G-Span > V-Span :applause:

alexd
10-13-2013, 11:32 AM
He told Greek media he also learned how to spit on other players from watching Diamantidis play.

Why Diamantidis makes you so insecure and you bring his name up in every post?You think i ll get mad or something?:lol
It s a fact that Diamantidis>Spanoulis
And it s a fact that Antetokoumpo has more upside than Spanoulis.It s up to him to become better
He can be a poor man s KD which isn t bad at all if you ask me

gabepizza
10-13-2013, 04:37 PM

Couldn't make the Greek team?! That's a good thing. Whoever selects players for the Greek team are probably blind.

11th place this year in Eurobasket
Eliminated by Africa last year in the Olympic qualifiers becoming the first team in FIBA history ever eliminated by an African team in a playoffs
11th place in the 2010 WC

By keeping super scrubs like Spanoulis and Bourousis on the Greek team instead of infusing young talent like Antekokounmpo who ever is selecting the players for Greeks NT have turned them from a top basketball team in the world into a pitiful joke.
:cry:

SwayDizzle
10-13-2013, 05:03 PM
Couldn't make the Greek team?! That's a good thing. Whoever selects players for the Greek team are probably blind.

11th place this year in Eurobasket
Eliminated by Africa last year in the Olympic qualifiers becoming the first team in FIBA history ever eliminated by an African team in a playoffs
11th place in the 2010 WC

By keeping super scrubs like Spanoulis and Bourousis on the Greek team instead of infusing young talent like Antekokounmpo who ever is selecting the players for Greeks NT have turned them from a top basketball team in the world into a pitiful joke.
:cry:
this is so true

Shade8780
10-13-2013, 05:20 PM
His nickname is Po. I like it.

G-train
10-13-2013, 06:02 PM
Americans talking about European basketball is like a plumber talking about medicine. They barely grasp their own sports let alone another one.
The posters trolling Euroleague the poster are more annoying than EL himself.

For example, Po is not worthy of carrying Spanoulis jock strap into the gym.

kNicKz
10-13-2013, 06:28 PM

I used to love clowning euroleague but this is getting more and more true

Andrew Wiggins
10-13-2013, 06:46 PM
Americans talking about European basketball is like a plumber talking about medicine. They barely grasp their own sports let alone another one.

dat aussie inferiority complex :roll:

Euroleague
10-13-2013, 08:09 PM
Why Diamantidis makes you so insecure and you bring his name up in every post?You think i ll get mad or something?:lol
It s a fact that Diamantidis>Spanoulis
And it s a fact that Antetokoumpo has more upside than Spanoulis.It s up to him to become better
He can be a poor man s KD which isn t bad at all if you ask me

Antetokounmpo at age 2 > prime Diamantidis

Euroleague
10-13-2013, 08:12 PM

What I find even more insulting though is this alexd creep who comes in here to troll and call Spanoulis a scrub and claims he "plays against Spanoulis and Antetokounpo regularly" "knows them personally" "is a pro player in Greece"

"is a teammate of Diamantidis" etc.

Then turns around and says stuff like, "it's true that Spanoulis is a super scrub and nowhere near as good as Antetokounmpo, everyone in Greece knows that".

He's an even bigger creep than the guys like gabepizza.

red1
10-14-2013, 12:29 AM
What I find even more insulting though is this alexd creep who comes in here to troll and call Spanoulis a scrub and claims he "plays against Spanoulis and Antetokounpo regularly" "knows them personally" "is a pro player in Greece"

Then turns around and says stuff like, "it's true that Spanoulis is a super scrub and nowhere near as good as Antetokounmpo, everyone in Greece knows that".

Negged for acting like a hoe

NattyPButter
10-14-2013, 12:56 AM
was watching him when the Bucks played the Cavs. I was like who the hell is this dude who think he's Durant. I saw him do Durant's shoulder shrugging when he shot a free throw.

red1
10-14-2013, 02:26 AM

stop trolling bro

alexd
10-14-2013, 04:51 AM

Show me 1 post of mine that i said that i m a pro player in Greece and i m teammate of Diamantidis :lol :lol
I played with Antetokoumpo cause i m friend with one of his former teammates Kiriakos Tehlikidis who now plays for my former team Panerithraikos.I guess you have a big imagination
And if you ever read my posts you would see that i said Spanoulis is a good player that could play in the NBA BUT he isn t as good as his hype.He didn t deserve some of his popularity mvp awards he won etc
You are a very good troll i ll give you that.Cause of you many people post here so congrats :applause: :applause:

Euroleague
10-14-2013, 05:46 AM
Show me 1 post of mine that i said that i m a pro player in Greece and i m teammate of Diamantidis :lol :lol
I played with Antetokoumpo cause i m friend with one of his former teammates Kiriakos Tehlikidis who now plays for my former team Panerithraikos.I guess you have a big imagination
And if you ever read my posts you would see that i said Spanoulis is a good player that could play in the NBA BUT he isn t as good as his hype.He didn t deserve some of his popularity mvp awards he won etc
You are a very good troll i ll give you that.Cause of you many people post here so congrats :applause: :applause:

You said about 50 times here that you are a player in Greece, had been a teammate of Diamantidis, etc.

Just piss off.

You and every other Diamantidis stan are psychopaths.

And Diamantidis did not deserve more than half the awards he won in his career.

Diamantidis did NOT deserve more than 3/4's of the defensive awards he won in his career.

The Leoforos forums are THAT way ------>

plowking
10-14-2013, 05:53 AM
Just watched an interview with the kid, and he lists Diamantidis as his idol growing up. Not V-Span lol...

Euroleague
10-14-2013, 05:59 AM
Just watched an interview with the kid, and he lists Diamantidis as his idol growing up. Not V-Span lol...

He said for years and years his idol was Durant.

Anyway, Diamantidis said Spanoulis was his idol.

plowking
10-14-2013, 06:07 AM
He said for years and years his idol was Durant.

Anyway, Diamantidis said Spanoulis was his idol.

Well he said recently in an interview his idol was Diamantidis.

How could Diamantidis' idol be Spanoulis when hes been playing basketball as long as him? :oldlol:
And is older than him. :oldlol:

alexd
10-14-2013, 06:13 AM
You said about 50 times here that you are a player in Greece, had been a teammate of Diamantidis, etc.

Just piss off.

You and every other Diamantidis stan are psychopaths.

And Diamantidis did not deserve more than half the awards he won in his career.

Diamantidis did NOT deserve more than 3/4's of the defensive awards he won in his career.

The Leoforos forums are THAT way ------>
since i said it 50 times you won t have a problem to post 1 of them right?Lets see..show me 1 of the 50 posts that i say that i m a pro player from Greece and teammates with Diamantidis

Euroleague
10-14-2013, 06:16 AM
since i said it 50 times you won t have a problem to post 1 of them right?Lets see..show me 1 of the 50 posts that i say that i m a pro player from Greece and teammates with Diamantidis

You said it numerous times and you know it.

So tell me, what is it like to be a stan of a player that spits on opponents, grabs their balls, hits their balls, elbows their balls, elbows their faces, has the refs in his pocket, etc?

That says he would rather lay on a beach, fish, and hang out with his girlfriend, than play for his national team?

What's it like being a Diamantidis stan?

kurple
10-14-2013, 06:21 AM
You said it numerous times and you know it.

So tell me, what is it like to be a stan of a player that spits on opponents, grabs their balls, hits their balls, elbows their balls, elbows their faces, has the refs in his pocket, etc?

That says he would rather lay on a beach, fish, and hang out with his girlfriend, than play for his national team?

What's it like being a Diamantidis stan?
why are you so into balls?

and can you really blame him for wanting to chill out with is GF rather than lose to Nigeria or Finland with the national team?

plowking
10-14-2013, 06:22 AM
How come you can't ever find these quotes of what you accuse people of saying?

Seriously, this Euroleague account has to be Jeff posting. Simply to get more traffic for the site, and to give people someone to argue with. No one is this stupid.

alexd
10-14-2013, 06:26 AM

Seriously, this Euroleague account has to be Jeff posting. Simply to get more traffic for the site, and to give people someone to argue with. No one is this stupid.
:lol :lol

East_Stone_Ya
10-14-2013, 06:39 AM

or insane?:confusedshrug:

Rooster
10-14-2013, 11:47 AM

Kid is smart.

Spanoulis can't carry Diamintidis jockstrap

Not even close:no:

And should not be mention on the same breath

Hopefully this kid can do what Greek ballerina failed to do:oldlol:

He will be the first Greek to average over 4 points per game.:applause:

poido123
10-14-2013, 11:58 AM

I actually typed nearly the same thing about Euroleague and suggested that crazy Budaadiii poster was another puppet of Jeff's to generate traffic. :oldlol:

But then thought twice and deleted my post :lol

Euroleague
10-14-2013, 02:20 PM
Kid is smart.

Spanoulis can't carry Diamintidis jockstrap

Not even close:no:

And should not be mention on the same breath

Hopefully this kid can do what Greek ballerina failed to do:oldlol:

He will be the first Greek to average over 4 points per game.:applause:

Then why did Diamantidis say that Spanoulis is his idol?

ralph_i_el
10-14-2013, 02:39 PM

maybe he's a big fan of bricks and turnovers?

alexd
10-14-2013, 02:57 PM
http://data1.whicdn.com/images/67154612/large.gif
http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/mj-laughing.gif
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6pif1coEh1rqfhi2o1_500.gif
http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff324/Isotope420/dumbass.gif
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/the-first-step-to-recovery-is-admitting-youre-a-dumbass.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8om6hKD4Y1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

HurricaneKid
10-14-2013, 05:04 PM
As the sole Bucks fan left I was really excited to see a 6 page thread about our youngest player. Then I read the thread.

:(

Euroleague
10-14-2013, 08:14 PM
Diamantidis trying to win a game with refs that are not paid off...................priceless.

Grinder
10-23-2013, 12:02 PM
Here's an article published today with some interesting quotes about Giannis and his family.

[QUOTE]The interest from NBA personnel departments helped the brothers earn spots on the Greek National Team. An issue had to be resolved, however. In order to travel they needed passports. To have a passport, they needed citizenship.

Giannis, Thanasis, Kostas and Alex (the four children) were all born in Greece, but as children of Nigerian immigrants they were never recognized as Greeks. Nothing was ever steady, certain. They faced evictions, moved from place to place. They had survived together as a family, the boys selling sunglasses, hats and bags on the street. (Mother) Veronica babysat, (Father) Charles worked as a handyman. Once Giannis and Thanasis picked up basketball, they shared the same shoes.

HylianNightmare
10-23-2013, 12:12 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/10/23/4947314/giannis-antetokounmpo-rotation-playing-time-bucks

may not play much this season?

HylianNightmare
11-17-2013, 03:06 PM
how's he looked?

alexd
11-17-2013, 03:46 PM
Everything we expected so fat.at least for me.he plays around 10-15 min top.all around stats.but he needs to bulk so he won t have to foul so much.long athletic and hustles.not a superstar level but quite good.poor mans kd

Euroleague
11-18-2013, 03:28 AM
Here's an article published today with some interesting quotes about Giannis and his family.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/23/greece-wanted-nothing-to-do-with-his-family-until-nba-noticed-antetokounmpos-basketball-skills/

Being evicted for not paying rent on time..........so much hypocrisy...........what is wrong with you?

At least this time you spelled his name right, after about 50 tries.
oh, and then there is this ---->

You told me about 500 times here that his name was spelled, "Vasiliadis" and that, "I was spelling it wrong", and that "you had proof because, Euroleague.net spelled it Vasiliadis".

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?clubcode=IST&pcode=ALG&seasoncode=E2013

The guy that made the spelling mistake there at that website finally fixed it, probably being asked to by the player himself.

Your endless greatness never ceases to amaze.