PDA

View Full Version : Michael Beasley requires medical treatment after hitting self in head

Sarcastic
10-11-2013, 10:34 AM
Not even making this up.

http://nba.si.com/2013/10/11/michael-beasley-punch-self-head-miami-heat/

Upset with himself over missing a shot, Beasley started punching himself in the head while running back on defense. He punched himself so hard that he needed treatment after the game from the Heat’s trainer.

TheReturn
10-11-2013, 10:35 AM
:hammerhead:

HomieWeMajor
10-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Next year's Harlem Shake video should be hilarious

CarlosBoozer
10-11-2013, 10:37 AM
:wtf:

plowking
10-11-2013, 10:39 AM
That motivation. Hes finally getting it.

ripthekik
10-11-2013, 10:39 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Any clips?

poido123
10-11-2013, 10:41 AM
:hammerhead:

:roll:

He should of done this a long time ago...

Hell, he should of done it before he contemplated smoking weed :hammerhead:

3peated
10-11-2013, 10:44 AM

Smoking weed isn't a dumb decision, nerd.

Sarcastic
10-11-2013, 10:48 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Any clips?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2tJ2BO2sGo&feature=player_embedded

Nuff Said
10-11-2013, 10:49 AM
What is this "treatment" he needed? Something tells me it isn't much at all.

Beatlezz
10-11-2013, 10:50 AM
This is all part of the process of Lebron and company straightening him up.
It worked for Edward Norton in Fight Club. :yaohappy:

305Baller
10-11-2013, 10:51 AM
Beasley looks in shape

:cheers:

Trollsmasher
10-11-2013, 10:55 AM
He is trying very hard from what I've been reading lately:applause:

ispin69
10-11-2013, 11:02 AM
ToughOnSelfBeasLe
PerfectionistBeasLe

Oh wait you only do this for Kobe
[cause you a kobe dick ridering homer]

Sarcastic
10-11-2013, 11:06 AM
Next year's Harlem Shake video should be hilarious

http://i.imgur.com/9YIDaIF.gif

tontoz
10-11-2013, 11:07 AM
Hopefully he knocked some sense into himself.

tmacattack33
10-11-2013, 11:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2tJ2BO2sGo&feature=player_embedded

:oldlol:

ZenMaster
10-11-2013, 11:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdP7ybWPI1k

TheReturn
10-11-2013, 11:11 AM
That was a bad call though. :lol

305Baller
10-11-2013, 11:15 AM

succesful flop/ i think he was still arguing the call between bouts of consciousness

NumberSix
10-11-2013, 11:20 AM

:facepalm

poido123
10-11-2013, 11:20 AM

:rolleyes:

This nerd would kick your ass in a game of basketball :pimp:

Besides, for a top level athlete, smoking weed is the dumbest thing you can do. In hindsight, it was a dumb decision to take it up. I've done weed, but I don't make it a regular part of my life. Fcks with your head and life.

poido123
10-11-2013, 11:21 AM
:facepalm

:biggums: :biggums:

NumberSix
10-11-2013, 11:27 AM
the words "should" and "of" in conjunction with each other have literally no meaning.

HylianNightmare
10-11-2013, 11:27 AM
that motivationnn

Rake2204
10-11-2013, 11:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdP7ybWPI1kHoly cow. Honest to god, I remember watching that on Sportscenter like, 20 years ago. It's been frozen into my memory. He was paralyzed, yes?

Edit: Just read up on it. He was, in fact, paralyzed. And he passed away in 2006. Terrible to watch.

Spaulding
10-11-2013, 11:48 AM
What an idiot

RoundMoundOfReb
10-11-2013, 12:20 PM
Should be "should have" not "should of".

#number6ix#
10-11-2013, 12:37 PM
i like the intensity but its just the preseason take it down a notch...

if this was the regular season he probably would've hung himself in the shower...

playoffs he would've jump off the top of the arena and slit his throat on the way down

funnystuff
10-11-2013, 12:38 PM
:rolleyes:

This nerd would kick your ass in a game of basketball :pimp:

Besides, for a top level athlete, smoking weed is the dumbest thing you can do. In hindsight, it was a dumb decision to take it up. I've done weed, but I don't make it a regular part of my life. Fcks with your head and life.
Weed only fks with your life if youre a weak minded human being, herb is one of the least harmful things out there. Cigarettes are worse for your health than herb is, and you can actually get addicted to cigarettes.

Educate yourself friend.

EDIT: If you actually think that smoking herb as an athlete is the dumbest thing you can do, where do you rank shooting up H and snorting rocks?

poido123
10-11-2013, 12:46 PM
Should be "should have" not "should of".

Gotcha.

:cheers: Me no speak good English sometimes...

SpurrDurr
10-11-2013, 12:51 PM
Drop the weed, switch to HGHs like your fellow teammates!!

poido123
10-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Weed only fks with your life if youre a weak minded human being, herb is one of the least harmful things out there. Cigarettes are worse for your health than herb is, and you can actually get addicted to cigarettes.

Educate yourself friend.

EDIT: If you actually think that smoking herb as an athlete is the dumbest thing you can do, where do you rank shooting up H and snorting rocks?

Nah man.

I've seen friends and distant family members turn into vegetables from chronic weed use. Speech slowed right down, slurring really badly, body movements are slow and weak. You are talking about recreational users who might get on it once a week or two. These people I know were hardcore everyday users, much like Beasley I would say...

As for those other drugs you mentioned, even worse.

One of the first signs of a person in denial of a drug habit is playing down their habit and making it out to be normal and ok...

Marijuana would be legalised just like cigarettes if it wasn't as bad for you as you say it is...It is mind altering unlike cigarettes...

stax
10-11-2013, 01:04 PM
Holy cow. Honest to god, I remember watching that on Sportscenter like, 20 years ago. It's been frozen into my memory. He was paralyzed, yes?

Edit: Just read up on it. He was, in fact, paralyzed. And he passed away in 2006. Terrible to watch.

Yeah I remember seeing it too, I was ten years old. Horrible.

East_Stone_Ya
10-11-2013, 01:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/9YIDaIF.gif

:oldlol:

funnystuff
10-11-2013, 01:12 PM
Nah man.

I've seen friends and distant family members turn into vegetables from chronic weed use. Speech slowed right down, slurring really badly, body movements are slow and weak. You are talking about recreational users who might get on it once a week or two. These people I know were hardcore everyday users, much like Beasley I would say...

As for those other drugs you mentioned, even worse.

One of the first signs of a person in denial of a drug habit is playing down their habit and making it out to be normal and ok...

Marijuana would be legalised just like cigarettes if it wasn't as bad for you as you say it is...It is mind altering unlike cigarettes...
I dont know dude, sounds like what they were smoking was either laced or chemically unstable in some way. I know people who smoke 1/4 daily and they seem perfectly normal to me. Good job, good home, happy wife, kids, etc.

Now in my experience, the 3rd of 4th day off of it, i felt like how i did before i knew herb existed. It isn't legal yet because the government is trying to find ways to make profit off of it(excluding now because of the shutdown). Think about it, if alcohol is legal, there is no reason herb shouldnt be either especially considering alcohol consumption is 5x worse than herb consumption(unless youre vaping making it basically harmless).

plowking
10-11-2013, 01:23 PM

Educate yourself friend.

Smoking herb is stupid. For the simple reason its an expensive habit that you can easily live without.

I get smoking it in a social setting to have a good time, but for the people that smoke it alone at home? Meh.

OhNoTimNoSho
10-11-2013, 01:40 PM
I dont know dude, sounds like what they were smoking was either laced or chemically unstable in some way. I know people who smoke 1/4 daily and they seem perfectly normal to me. Good job, good home, happy wife, kids, etc.

Now in my experience, the 3rd of 4th day off of it, i felt like how i did before i knew herb existed. It isn't legal yet because the government is trying to find ways to make profit off of it(excluding now because of the shutdown). Think about it, if alcohol is legal, there is no reason herb shouldnt be either especially considering alcohol consumption is 5x worse than herb consumption(unless youre vaping making it basically harmless).
I used to be that guy, smoking an 8th a day while working a full time job and knew quite a few people like that with kids and mortgages and all that. And honestly weed makes you stupid. Not stupid like can't do basic shit. But definitely prevents you from reaching your full potential. Now I smoke once every 2 weeks at most and my memory is infinitely better, I can think a lot faster. On top of that, weed just muddies the mind, life is a lot more clear when you aren't high everyday. You think about dumb shit. People might like that, it takes you away from everyday stresses, but people need to learn to deal with that shit without drugs.

Thats my unsolicited opinion on it. I def love smokin weed too, nothin like blazin but I had to cut it down a lot to really handle my shit. And seems like Beasley needs the same.

rustycage
10-11-2013, 01:43 PM

Could you tell me more about mind altering substances, please? You seem to know quite a lot... :facepalm

All Net
10-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Least he is showing he cares. Stupid but the passion is there.

aj1987
10-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Holy cow. Honest to god, I remember watching that on Sportscenter like, 20 years ago. It's been frozen into my memory. He was paralyzed, yes?

Truly sad. Got paralyzed due to that head butt.

senelcoolidge
10-11-2013, 02:23 PM
Smoking weed is dumb period. This guy is never going to get it.

Brokenbeat
10-11-2013, 02:30 PM
ToughOnSelfBeasLe
PerfectionistBeasLe

Oh wait you only do this for Kobe
[cause you a kobe dick ridering homer]

"Get Kobe out of your head, he's in your head. Stop hating on him. Get him out of your dome."

:no:

MoBe1Kanobi
10-11-2013, 02:44 PM
I used to be that guy, smoking an 8th a day while working a full time job and knew quite a few people like that with kids and mortgages and all that. And honestly weed makes you stupid. Not stupid like can't do basic shit. But definitely prevents you from reaching your full potential. Now I smoke once every 2 weeks at most and my memory is infinitely better, I can think a lot faster. On top of that, weed just muddies the mind, life is a lot more clear when you aren't high everyday. You think about dumb shit. People might like that, it takes you away from everyday stresses, but people need to learn to deal with that shit without drugs.

Thats my unsolicited opinion on it. I def love smokin weed too, nothin like blazin but I had to cut it down a lot to really handle my shit. And seems like Beasley needs the same.

:bowdown:
That GOAT advice. How old r u?

kshutts1
10-11-2013, 02:46 PM
That is probably the most horrible thing that I have ever laughed at

DuMa
10-11-2013, 02:48 PM
wow Beasley is showing some intensity. first time in YEARS. I LIKE IT

branslowski
10-11-2013, 02:58 PM
:oldlol: at ppl saying weed is bad. I smoke everyday and because of that, my temper is down, I'm always positive, and everything is just funny ass f*ck to me. (I only smoke loud)

And calling it the dumbest thing to do? Cmon, u got athletes taking HGH and steroids....You had 70's and early 80's NBA and NFL players snorting coke and hooked on heroin. Lol @ smokin a lil herb being the "dumbest' thing to do.

Eric Cartman
10-11-2013, 03:09 PM
:oldlol: at ppl saying weed is bad. I smoke everyday and because of that, my temper is down, I'm always positive, and everything is just funny ass f*ck to me. (I only smoke loud)

And calling it the dumbest thing to do? Cmon, u got athletes taking HGH and steroids....You had 70's and early 80's NBA and NFL players snorting coke and hooked on heroin. Lol @ smokin a lil herb being the "dumbest' thing to do.

Herb or not, Beasley is a ****ing idiot. There's no way around it.

MichaelCheazley
10-11-2013, 04:11 PM
Herb or not, Beasley is a ****ing idiot. There's no way around it.
Avy: Nick young

NewYorkNoPicks
10-11-2013, 04:12 PM

becoming a lazy unmotivated addict is

kNicKz
10-11-2013, 04:18 PM

Ikill
10-11-2013, 08:57 PM
your mom requires medical treatment after hitting herself in the head

Human Error
10-11-2013, 09:28 PM
9 points(3-5 FG) in 9 minutes in his first preseason game, another 9 points(4-4 FG) in 8 minutes in his second. Hope LeBron and Wade can keep Beasley in check, he's the young talent that the team has lacked for years.

aj1987
10-11-2013, 09:30 PM
Apparently he didn't hurt himself. He got hit by Jonas.

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/9809948/michael-beasley-miami-heat-says-bruise-not-self-inflicted-punch

wakencdukest
10-11-2013, 09:38 PM
I was hoping to see him really hit himself as hard as he could, but he just tapped the side of his head. Nothing to see here.

funnystuff
10-12-2013, 01:34 AM
becoming a lazy unmotivated addict is
Not possible to become addicted to weed.

poido123
10-12-2013, 09:14 AM
Not possible to become addicted to weed.

Ahh, yeah it is...

One of my good mates said he had to be on it everyday to feel normal. He was a lead singer of a band, suicidal, but yeah he relied on weed to medicate himself
:confusedshrug:

I'm not telling you guys not to do it, I'm just saying it is addictive to some people and will affect physical and mental performance, like in Beasley's situation...

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/marijuana-abuse/marijuana-addictive

chips93
10-12-2013, 09:21 AM
Ahh, yeah it is...

One of my good mates said he had to be on it everyday to feel normal. He was a lead singer of a band, suicidal, but yeah he relied on weed to medicate himself
:confusedshrug:

I'm not telling you guys not to do it, I'm just saying it is addictive to some people and will affect physical and mental performance, like in Beasley's situation...

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/marijuana-abuse/marijuana-addictive

i think its that its not chemically addictive

like nicotine and gambling are both addictive, but a weed addiction is closer to being addicted to gambling.

afaik your body cant get a chemical dependency on weed, like it does for nicotine

NumberSix
10-12-2013, 11:07 AM
i think its that its not chemically addictive

like nicotine and gambling are both addictive, but a weed addiction is closer to being addicted to gambling.

afaik your body cant get a chemical dependency on weed, like it does for nicotine
This. You can't develop a chemical dependency for it. You can develop an emotional dependency, but that's true of anything. Some people can't function unless they carry a stuffed animal around with them. They're not actually addicted through a dependency. They just have convinced themselves mentally that they can't function without it.

OhNoTimNoSho
10-12-2013, 11:34 AM
:bowdown:
That GOAT advice. How old r u?

Eric Cartman
10-12-2013, 11:51 AM

:lol you got me

KingBeasley08
10-12-2013, 01:03 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Fvcking love Beasley