PDA

View Full Version : Kerr says bulls couldnt win more than 3 in a row

Dr. Ice
10-11-2013, 01:38 PM
In fact, he says the only reason they have 2 three peats is because jordan took that break in between. If jordan had not went to baseball and decided to stay in basketball, they would have lost.

So let's stop disregarding hakeem's championships gentlemen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqyvAg7z5fA

Go Getter
10-11-2013, 02:13 PM
Pretty sure the majority of non-Jordan dick slobber already knew that.

I'm not sure but neither are you or Kerr. Stop being a trolling POS.:facepalm

(e)
10-11-2013, 02:17 PM
I'd never bet against MJ.

andgar923
10-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Who would've wanted to bet against MJ tho?

The_Yearning
10-11-2013, 02:18 PM
How would Kerr know? How would anyone know for certain? Like Barkley said... if dude couldn't shoot he'd have no reason for anything.

andgar923
10-11-2013, 02:30 PM
How would Kerr know? How would anyone know for certain? Like Barkley said... if dude couldn't shoot he'd have no reason for anything.

They used to say MJ couldn't 3Peat, he did that. He wanted to beat Magic and Bird, his next challenge/goal would've been Russell. Not that he could've beat or matched Russell's rings, but he would've been driven enough to NOT let him lose focus.

Who knows tho.

Kerr wasn't with them in the first 3peat. And just because he may have been drained and couldn't go any further mentally, it doesn't mean MJ wouldn't push and will himself and others to do so.

Dragonyeuw
10-11-2013, 02:38 PM
I think the 94 team had a great chance to win the title. Jordan was 31 at the time, Pippen( let's not forget how good he was at that point) and Grant were 28 and in their prime, BJ had developed into a dependable backcourt mate for MJ, and then you bring in Kukoc off the bench? Don't see why they couldn't have won in 94.

Now the 95 title, that's when I think fatigue, disinterest, injuries,etc could have set in and then top it off with Grant leaving for Orlando, leaving them paper thin up front. I'd say they lose in 95 even if Jordan hadn't retired.

kshutts1
10-11-2013, 02:39 PM
Based on how well the Bulls did without Jordan there, I'd say he would likely have been enough to push them over the top.

But obviously we can't assume that the Bulls would win those two years, nor can we assume that they would still win those last 3... All things/factors would change.

NumberSix
10-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Who would've wanted to bet against MJ tho?
Probably Shaq and Penny in 95.

andgar923
10-11-2013, 02:50 PM
Probably Shaq and Penny in 95.

Really, that's your best answer?

What happened to them the following year MJ was in full force?

97 bulls
10-11-2013, 02:50 PM
I think the 94 team had a great chance to win the title. Jordan was 31 at the time, Pippen( let's not forget how good he was at that point) and Grant were 28 and in their prime, BJ had developed into a dependable backcourt mate for MJ, and then you bring in Kukoc off the bench? Don't see why they couldn't have won in 94.

Now the 95 title, that's when I think fatigue, disinterest, injuries,etc could have set in and then top it off with Grant leaving for Orlando, leaving them paper thin up front. I'd say they lose in 95 even if Jordan hadn't retired.
This.

The 94 Bulls were essentially the 96 Bulls with Rodman taking Grants place and a Kukoc with two years NBA experience under his belt.

All Net
10-11-2013, 03:01 PM
MJ managed to recharge his batteries which played a big factor the 2nd time round. Winning year after year in what is such a long season takes a super human effort which is why if Miami don

NumberSix
10-11-2013, 03:23 PM

What exactly is "full force" and how was '95 not included.

Mr. Incredible
10-11-2013, 03:27 PM
Coming from the biggest Bulls homer of all-time, that says something.

sportjames23
10-11-2013, 04:56 PM
I'd never bet against MJ.

This here. Anyone with common sense would say the same.

Lebron ass-eaters don't have common sense, doe.

secund2nun
10-11-2013, 04:58 PM

Rodman happened.

DuMa
10-11-2013, 05:04 PM
I think Kerr needs another punch in the face

andgar923
10-11-2013, 05:06 PM
Rodman happened.

So it wasn't MJ playing a full season and getting in full NBA shape, along with getting his team ready?

Or him getting used to his new team and them used to him?

The Bulls won 2 games and had other close games in 95. It's not as if they just got swept and demolished.

YES

Rodman helped and made a difference, but he wasn't the only or main reason. The Bulls with the previous squad and a full force MJ had a very legit chance at beating them without Rodman. With Rodman they just that much better.

Let us not forget that even MJ himself said he needed a full season to comeback which is the opposite of what he always wanted to do (only play the end of regular season).

secund2nun
10-11-2013, 05:33 PM
So it wasn't MJ playing a full season and getting in full NBA shape, along with getting his team ready?

Or him getting used to his new team and them used to him?

The Bulls won 2 games and had other close games in 95. It's not as if they just got swept and demolished.

YES

Rodman helped and made a difference, but he wasn't the only or main reason. The Bulls with the previous squad and a full force MJ had a very legit chance at beating them without Rodman. With Rodman they just that much better.

Let us not forget that even MJ himself said he needed a full season to comeback which is the opposite of what he always wanted to do (only play the end of regular season).

MJ getting in shape helped, but they would not have beat Orlando if they didn't get Rodman imo. MJ didn't guard Shaq. Orlando won in 6 and the next season they got swept by the same team. I know that most people want to paint it as MJ getting in shape as the main reason to make it fit the popular narrative, but that's more than just MJ getting in shape.

OldSchoolBBall
10-11-2013, 05:35 PM
They almost certainly would have won in '94, but in '95 there's a chance they lose if Grant still leaves. In '94 they would have had better talent overall, the best player, better coaching, and a proven championship nucleus. No way do they lose in '94.

TheReal Kendall
10-11-2013, 05:42 PM
Kerr just talking. Where's the evidence? I don't see any reason why they couldn't win more than 3 in a row.

I went against MJ every finals and got my heart broken as a kid :(

bdreason
10-11-2013, 05:45 PM
When MJ left after the 3rd title, his heart obviously wasn't in the game anymore... so I doubt the Bulls would have won a 4th, let alone a 5th or 6th in a row.

97 bulls
10-11-2013, 06:27 PM
When MJ left after the 3rd title, his heart obviously wasn't in the game anymore... so I doubt the Bulls would have won a 4th, let alone a 5th or 6th in a row.
Considering that the Knicks needed seven hard fought games to dispatch the Bulls then gave the Rockets seven tough games before losing to the Rockets due in large part to Starks bad shooting, id say if the Bulls had any shooting guard worth a snot they wouldve beaten the Knicks, Pacers, then the Rockets. And with Jordan, they dominate.

andgar923
10-11-2013, 07:30 PM

He was under investigation for gambling.

Bigsmoke
10-11-2013, 07:57 PM
The bulls would only lose in 95 if Grant still wanted to go to Desney World

Bandito
10-11-2013, 08:02 PM
Considering that the Knicks needed seven hard fought games to dispatch the Bulls then gave the Rockets seven tough games before losing to the Rockets due in large part to Starks bad shooting, id say if the Bulls had any shooting guard worth a snot they wouldve beaten the Knicks, Pacers, then the Rockets. And with Jordan, they dominate.
I think they could've won in 94, but I don't think they would've won with Grant leaving...

Odinn
10-12-2013, 04:35 PM
Pick your poison.

threepeat twice
or
quadpeat once (or even pentapeat once)

You can not discredit Jordan's career with this kinda idiocy.

97 bulls
10-12-2013, 05:32 PM
I think they could've won in 94, but I don't think they would've won with Grant leaving...
I agree. Contrary to what is some Bulls fan opinions, or better yet Jordan fans, the Bulls weren't winning any titles without some semblance of a low post defense.

Trollsmasher
10-12-2013, 05:35 PM
That's why MJ quit on the team (along with feeling guilty for mudering his father) - he was never able to overcome the hardest challenges.

He needed everything brought to him on a silver plate.

Ancient Legend
10-12-2013, 06:26 PM
Says the guy who got punched in the face by MJ.

R.I.P.
10-12-2013, 07:47 PM
In fact, he says the only reason they have 2 three peats is because jordan took that break in between. If jordan had not went to baseball and decided to stay in basketball, they would have lost.

The best part was: We could never have won seven in a row and it was not because of you Kenny. :roll: :roll:

That was brilliant. Kerr is so underrated, because he is not a loudmouth, but he actually prepares for work unlike most other ex-players. Therefore he always comes accross prepared, knowledgable and occasionally throws out a gem like that. :applause: :applause:

PJR
10-12-2013, 07:54 PM
I think the would've won the 4th in a row in 94 had Michael not fooled around with baseball. But they certainly wouldn't have won in 95. Not if the same circumstances played out with Horace Grant's free agency.

Smoke117
10-14-2013, 09:09 PM
Steve Kerr should have NO OPINION about this whatsoever. He joined the team in 94...so what did he know about the original three-peat besides being pounded by them? He actually played a lot of mins...a career high of 25mpg in 94 sharing mins with BJ armstrong and Pete Myers. I just don't really see why people cant' see them winning four in a row.

Mj had left and we all know that and they still won 55 games with Pippen missing 10 games and them going 4-6 during that span. Grant who was the 2nd best player also missed 12 games yet they still won 55 games. They replaced the best player in the world with a world class scrub in Pete Myers. If they had replaced Jordan with someone like Hershey Hawkins they might have beat the Knicks. Frankly they matched up better against the Pacers who they would have played in the ECF and then it would have been the Knicks who the Rockets needed 7 games to beat just like the Knicks needed 7 games (and a terrible call) to beat the bulls in 94.

Even if the Bulls coasted through the 93 season...every team amps it up in the playoffs and Pippen in his absolute prime, Grant in his prime, and Jordan? It's pretty hard to bet against that team.

The whole point though is why does Steve Kerr even have an opinion about the first three-peat? He did not join the team till 94. Jordan announced his retirement almost right before the season too, so Pippen had been working on his game and was in his absolute prime. (and it showed as he finished 3rd in MVP after Hakeem and Robinson) Pippen was universally considered the best perimeter player in the league in that 94 season. I just don't see why Kerr even has an opinion about a team he didn't join till Jordan left. How can he talk about the motivations or fatigue of players that he didn't even know? When he did join in 94 that was probably the scrappiest the Bulls had ever been. Obviously a lot of them had something to prove because Jordan was gone and they expected failure, but in general the triangle offense was never run so well as it was in 1994. Complete team offense. That was the whole goal of the plan and they played it to perfection. Pippen could have averaged 25ppg or so easily in 1994, but he was the ultimate team player and that is what made the team excel.

Replay32
10-14-2013, 09:35 PM
Is it me, or is the thread title total wrong (Lies). I watched the clip and I never heard Kerr say they "couldn't win more than 3 in a row".

He said they "wouldn't win 7 in a row". And I actually agree with him.

aj1987
10-14-2013, 09:54 PM
Steve Kerr should have NO OPINION about this whatsoever. He joined the team in 94...so what did he know about the original three-peat besides being pounded by them?

Steve Kerr, the guy who actually played on the Bulls, should not have an opinion, but you, a guy who hasn't played a second of professional basketball can? :biggums:

Smoke117
10-14-2013, 10:23 PM
Steve Kerr, the guy who actually played on the Bulls, should not have an opinion, but you, a guy who hasn't played a second of professional basketball can? :biggums:

Are you an idiot? Kerr was not part of the first three-peat. Why should he have an opinion on whether or not they could have gotten four in a row. He played with Scottie Pippen in his aboslute prime and the best perimeter player in the league, Horace Grant an 14/11 all star all 2nd team defensive player, BJ who you found his role as a scoring pg etc. Steve kerr wasnt' part of the original three-peat so he SHOULD HAVE NO OPINION. The fact that they were so good while replacing michael jordan with pete myers should make Steve KNOW they should have won it all in 94.

AintNoSunshine
10-14-2013, 10:44 PM

They got swept sir

aj1987
10-14-2013, 11:08 PM
Are you an idiot? Kerr was not part of the first three-peat. Why should he have an opinion on whether or not they could have gotten four in a row. He played with Scottie Pippen in his aboslute prime and the best perimeter player in the league, Horace Grant an 14/11 all star all 2nd team defensive player, BJ who you found his role as a scoring pg etc. Steve kerr wasnt' part of the original three-peat so he SHOULD HAVE NO OPINION. The fact that they were so good while replacing michael jordan with pete myers should make Steve KNOW they should have won it all in 94.
Are YOU an idiot? He wasn't part of the three-peat, but he was on the '94 squad (which was going for the four-peat). ] Kerr played with Pippen and Grant. He gave his reasons as to why they wouldn't have won 7 in a row, even if Jordan played. Are you trying to say that you know what their mindset was, better than Kerr? :facepalm
I love how people try to act like they know what the players' mindset and physical levels are, better than the players themselves.

Hakeem would've destroyed the Bulls' frontline, BTW.

Bucket_Nakedz
10-14-2013, 11:17 PM
kerr said 7 in a row is impossible, he did not say more than 3. i think the bulls had a great chance to 4 peat. but anything more than 4, i will agree with kerr.

TheCorporation
07-06-2021, 03:33 PM

Bingo. Checkmate

Airupthere
07-06-2021, 03:36 PM
Bingo. Checkmate

Should we trade smart or keep him?

TheCorporation
07-06-2021, 03:46 PM
Should we trade smart or keep him?

I say keep him, why trade him? For what?

3ba11
07-06-2021, 04:32 PM
Ewing almost beat the 94' Rockets with 18 on 35%, so Jordan would destroy them.

So Kerr is simply wrong

The 94' Bulls with Jordan would've had the best cast that the franchise ever had - BY FAR.. People don't realize how much the Bulls upgraded their roster that year - they would've been massive favorites against the Hakeem Rockets and swept them by record amount

People don't realize that Jordan wasn't injured when he retired - he only retired because he was bored - if he'd lost to Barkley, he would've kept playing

HoopsNY
07-06-2021, 05:01 PM

This is definitely true. It's very likely the Bulls win again in 1994 because the '94 Bulls had Pippen, Grant, and Armstrong at their peaks, and all were all-stars that year, with prime MJ added to that mix.

But in 1995, there is no way Chicago wins. The Bulls lost Grant that year and with no interior presence, Hakeem would have torched them for 35/15 on 60% in the finals. Not to mention, Houston added Clyde. MJ stans have to stop acting like Hakeem's rings were all because MJ left. That just isn't the case.

In fact, it's possible even with MJ not retiring that Chicago still doesn't beat Orlando in 1995. Having said that, I think if Chicago did make the finals in '95, then they would have lost in 6 or 7.

Mauzah
07-06-2021, 05:11 PM
These threads are funny. An ex-Bull and in this case Steve Kerr says they would have not had won a 4th championship and so therefore the case is closed. Well what if a handful of ex-Bulls players says the opposite and that they would have won a 4th championship. Now what?

3ba11
07-06-2021, 05:24 PM
This is definitely true. It's very likely the Bulls win again in 1994 because the '94 Bulls had Pippen, Grant, and Armstrong at their peaks, and all were all-stars that year, with prime MJ added to that mix.

But in 1995, there is no way Chicago wins. The Bulls lost Grant that year and with no interior presence, Hakeem would have torched them for 35/15 on 60% in the finals. Not to mention, Houston added Clyde. MJ stans have to stop acting like Hakeem's rings were all because MJ left. That just isn't the case.

In fact, it's possible even with MJ not retiring that Chicago still doesn't beat Orlando in 1995. Having said that, I think if Chicago did make the finals in '95, then they would have lost in 6 or 7.

I agree that 95' is the year for the Bulls to lose because the Rockets had two "1st option Finals guys" (Drexler, Hakeem) - that's huge in the 90's because the 1st option Finals guys are the top tier of the 90's (Hakeem, Shaq, Malone, Barkley, MJ, Ewing, Drexler, Duncan)..

In addition to Drexler/Hakeem, the Rockets had Horry getting 18/10 on 55% in the 95' Finals, which would rank as the 3rd best Finals of Pippen's career.. So those Rockets had a "pippen" at 3rd option.

RogueBorg
07-06-2021, 05:40 PM
The Bulls would have won in '94 had Jordan not retired and if that happened, Grant probably doesn't head to Orlando. That being said, they also don't get Rodman and probably don't win 72 games.

BTW, Kerr is lucky to had been the coach of a team that head Steph, Klay, Green, and KD. Look how good Walton was while Kerr was out and now he sucks without them just like Kerr sucked without them.

Hey Yo
07-06-2021, 06:18 PM
Ewing almost beat the 94' Rockets with 18 on 35%, so Jordan would destroy them.

So Kerr is simply wrong

The 94' Bulls with Jordan would've had the best cast that the franchise ever had - BY FAR.. People don't realize how much the Bulls upgraded their roster that year - they would've been massive favorites against the Hakeem Rockets and swept them by record amount

People don't realize that Jordan wasn't injured when he retired - he only retired because he was bored - if he'd lost to Barkley, he would've kept playing

The "he was bored" excuse fell to the wayside after the documentary. He said himself it was due to mental and physical fatigue

3ba11
07-06-2021, 06:31 PM
The "he was bored" excuse fell to the wayside after the documentary. He said himself it was due to mental and physical fatigue

But no one asked him what he would do if he lost to Barkley

There's a zero percent chance that he takes his ball and goes home if he loses to Barkley.. Impossible... He would trudge onwards just like 11' Kobe or 14' Wade after their failed 3-peat attempts

So ultimately, that's why he retired - unprecedented winning and dominance (3-peat and 40 ppg) - this gave him the luxury to retire

Spurs m8
07-06-2021, 07:11 PM
Ahhh the old 'what if' opinion of one person.

These bron stans are struggling...bumping threads like these lmfao

Spurs m8
07-06-2021, 07:14 PM
Can't win...legacy boost for Bron

Can't win 4 in a row.. even after 3peating twice...apparently a legacy hit to MJ....

The mental gymnastics of these mentally ill kids hahahahha

AirBonner
07-06-2021, 07:29 PM
Let’s see who to believe a deranged MJ Stan or an actual nba player that PLAYED on the bulls?

MadDog
07-06-2021, 07:34 PM
Let’s see who to believe a deranged MJ Stan or an actual nba player that PLAYED on the bulls?

Depends on the player. :oldlol: Pippen played on the Bulls, and most people think he's lost his marbles. Out here thinking Phil Jackson is David Duke.

AirBonner
07-06-2021, 07:36 PM
Depends on the player. :oldlol: Pippen played on the Bulls, and most people think he's lost his marbles. Out here thinking Phil Jackson is David Duke.

You are deranged. Embarrassed as well that you won’t post on your 3ball account

MadDog
07-06-2021, 07:40 PM
You are deranged. Embarrassed as well that you won’t post on your 3ball account

3ball huh? Just last month I "coached" AAU. :confusedshrug: You rejects need to find another hobby.

HoopsNY
07-06-2021, 10:52 PM
The Bulls would have won in '94 had Jordan not retired and if that happened, Grant probably doesn't head to Orlando. That being said, they also don't get Rodman and probably don't win 72 games.

BTW, Kerr is lucky to had been the coach of a team that head Steph, Klay, Green, and KD. Look how good Walton was while Kerr was out and now he sucks without them just like Kerr sucked without them.

Chicago was good enough to win 70 games in 1994, maybe even more than 72 games. Remember, Pippen, Grant, and BJ were at all their peaks, with MJ coming off a legendary finals performance and being 2 years younger than he was in 1996.

Bawkish
07-06-2021, 11:14 PM
Chicago was good enough to win 70 games in 1994, maybe even more than 72 games. Remember, Pippen, Grant, and BJ were at all their peaks, with MJ coming off a legendary finals performance and being 2 years younger than he was in 1996.

I dunno about 70 wins, but MJ was "bored" after '93 season. He even told his dad that he felt he accomplished enough and that's there's no other hill to climb. Part of the reason they won 70 games in 1996 was because the hunger & passion came back. To prove to himself that he could conquer NBA again without the guidance of his father.

HoopsNY
07-06-2021, 11:31 PM
I dunno about 70 wins, but MJ was "bored" after '93 season. He even told his dad that he felt he accomplished enough and that's there's no other hill to climb. Part of the reason they won 70 games in 1996 was because the hunger & passion came back. To prove to himself that he could conquer NBA again without the guidance of his father.

MJ was mentally exhausted according to the docuseries. What I'm saying is a prime MJ putting up 32/7/5 on 50% added to peak Pippen, Grant, and BJ's play was definitely more than enough to win 70 games.

They won 55 without MJ and that's with Pippen missing 10 games himself. With MJ the ceiling is much higher.

Jasper
07-06-2021, 11:38 PM

STeve Kerr , whipped Jordans ass everytime he took a shit ... Kerr is a queen of talk shit

Axe
07-07-2021, 12:17 AM
No pip, no chip.

TheCorporation
07-07-2021, 01:17 AM

Bingo

3ba11
07-07-2021, 11:46 AM
No one asked MJ what he would've done if he lost to Barkley

There's a zero percent chance that he takes his ball and goes home if he loses to Barkley.. Impossible... He would trudge onwards just like 11' Kobe or 14' Wade after their failed 3-peat attempts

So ultimately, that's why he retired - unprecedented winning and dominance (3-peat and 40 ppg) - this gave him the luxury to retire

No one

8Ball
07-07-2021, 11:48 AM
Steve Kerr knew Jordan better than Jordan knew himself.

I'll take this as fact.

FireDavidKahn
07-07-2021, 12:06 PM
Jordan wasn't mentally strong enough to do it.

Wouldn't wouldn't survive in the age of the internet and today.

You think KD is petty and gets into internet fights on twitter? Jordan would make KD look tame in comparison. Jordan would be like Terrell Owens on steroids.

Airupthere
07-07-2021, 01:40 PM
Steve Kerr knew Jordan better than Jordan knew himself.

I'll take this as fact.

Lol, this is how cults are formed

lakerstekkenn
07-07-2021, 02:29 PM

Probably because he knows Jordan's body couldn't handle the continued playoff run and finals run just like the Shaq and Kobe Lakers lost to Detroit, their bodies couldn't handle the extra play and eventually broke down with injuries and fatigue.