PDA

View Full Version : One Sided Rivalries?

NumberSix
10-11-2013, 03:20 PM
It seems that Bulls fans view Miami as their nemesis, but the thing is....

The Heat and Heat fans view Chicago as just another team.

Is this accurate, and are there other examples.

JimmyMcAdocious
10-11-2013, 03:25 PM
Don't the Bulls own that rivalry overall?

All NBA rivalries feel so blah to me. The NFL, and I presume MLB, make NBA rivalries look like kindergarten stuff. College athletics easily shits on it as well.

Dr. Ice
10-11-2013, 03:26 PM
hawks/celtics

screw the celtics btw

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-11-2013, 03:28 PM
But LeBron fans don't think like that. They've been wired to fear Derrick Rose for years now and that's what they'll continue doing.

TonyMontana
10-11-2013, 03:30 PM
Bulls/Heat.

They've never beaten this Miami team in the playoffs while Miami has absolutely owned them.

TheWINdyCity
10-11-2013, 03:31 PM
For NumberSix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f57fLsRLIw

if you think the heat players actually think the bulls are "just another team" you're an idiot

NumberSix
10-11-2013, 03:32 PM
But LeBron fans don't think like that. They've been wired to fear Derrick Rose for years now and that's what they'll continue doing.
Really? Seems to me that LeBron fans feel free to openly say things about Rose that would set themselves up for ridicule and embarrassment if Rose ever proved them wrong. Seems like LeBron fans have no fear of that ever happening at all.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-11-2013, 03:39 PM
Really? Seems to me that LeBron fans feel free to openly say things about Rose that would set themselves up for ridicule and embarrassment if Rose ever proved them wrong. Seems like LeBron fans have no fear of that ever happening at all.

I love how important it is for LeBron fans to know there are people out there who still consider him the best. It's like they need assurance from others because deep down, they absolutely dread Rose. The guy scares them shitless. I go to Heat boards and outside of the team, all they talk about is Derrick Rose. :oldlol:

Donnybrook
10-11-2013, 03:40 PM
hawks/celtics

screw the celtics btw

That is what we call a "one sided rivalry" as the Celtics don't give 2 shits about the Hawks. New York, Miami, sure... but the Hawks... :confusedshrug:

yobore
10-11-2013, 03:41 PM
always seemed to me that a lot of Bulls fans hate Lebron, never really seen it the other way except in response to that.

NumberSix
10-11-2013, 03:41 PM
I love how important it is for LeBron fans to know there are people out there who still consider him the best. It's like they need assurance from others because deep down, they absolutely dread Rose. The guy scares them shitless. I go to Heat boards and outside of the team, all they talk about is Derrick Rose. :oldlol:
Derrick Rose and the Bulls will not be at all relevant this season. Bookmark it.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-11-2013, 03:43 PM
I also wonder who scares LeBron fans more - Rose or Wade?

KobesFinger
10-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Lakers-Clippers. Laker fans don't care. Clipper fans have calmed down but when they got CP3 suddenly we were rivals

NumberSix
10-11-2013, 03:44 PM
I also wonder who scares LeBron fans more - Rose or Wade?
Wade plays for the Heat. :wtf:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-11-2013, 03:45 PM
Wade plays for the Heat. :wtf:

Exactly. :oldlol:

Dr. Ice
10-11-2013, 03:48 PM
That is what we call a "one sided rivalry" as the Celtics don't give 2 shits about the Hawks. New York, Miami, sure... but the Hawks... :confusedshrug:

Pretty sure the heat/celts and knicks/celts is one sided now too...those teams have probably forgotten that the celtics even exist right now

CelticBaller
10-11-2013, 03:49 PM
Pretty sure the heat/celts and knicks/celts is one sided now too...those teams have probably forgotten that the celtics even exist right now
Heat sure, but knicks fans though still seem too attached to the Celtics :oldlol:

NumberSix
10-11-2013, 03:51 PM
Nah, Heat/Celtics was a legit rivalry for a few years. Not anymore since they're tanking, but they still have Rondo. That's enough to make it still a little more than just another team.

funnystuff
10-11-2013, 03:58 PM
Why would Heat fans or anyone for that matter, fear Rose? Kid is an overrated non factor.

TheWINdyCity
10-11-2013, 04:07 PM
Why would Heat fans or anyone for that matter, fear Rose? Kid is an overrated non factor.

:oldlol: well at least you finally lived up to your name

Trollsmasher
10-11-2013, 04:36 PM
This is a prime example of what the OP is talking about. All those talks about 'dreading Rose's comeback' when not a single Heat fan gives a shit.

SilkkTheShocker
10-11-2013, 04:52 PM
Rose vs. Literacy

funnystuff
10-11-2013, 04:56 PM
:oldlol: well at least you finally lived up to your name
:confusedshrug:

Dude is 95% healthy and he decides to eat skittles and watch his team get pooped on.

Not to mention, 6%.

HoopsFanNumero1
10-11-2013, 04:58 PM

What a load of bull. Why would any Heat fan dread Rose? He gets thoroughly outplayed by Lebron anytime they match up. And you seem to be mistaken. Just because people make fun of Rose doesn't mean they fear him.

Suguru101
10-11-2013, 05:03 PM
Rose vs. Literacy

:oldlol:

BasedTom
10-11-2013, 05:05 PM
I don't think Bulls-Heat or Heat-Celtics rivalries have been all that one sided in recent years. (though the latter almost certainly is going to become one now that KG and Pierce are gone) You have to give credit to both teams for playing the Heat well.

But it's always seemed to have been the Bulls fans constantly downplaying the Heat's accomplishments with cries of refball, flopping, Rose being out, etc. I personally feel that this is because the Bulls went through a period of irrelevancy last year while the Heat raised a banner, won 27 in a row; and the Pacers established themselves as a legit contender in the East. Success breeds jealousy; as we all know.

But now that Rose is back, I expect the rivalry to really intensify. It shouldn't be one sided at all.

Myth
10-11-2013, 05:15 PM
Blazers hate Lakers way more than Lakers hate Blazers.

Trollsmasher
10-11-2013, 05:23 PM
Rose vs. Literacy
:lol

TheReal Kendall
10-11-2013, 05:31 PM
Regular season rivals.

They might actually become legit rivals this year if the Bulls can beat them in the playoffs.

Also the Pacers are somewhat of a rival too.

Young X
10-11-2013, 05:33 PM
Knicks vs. Playoff Wins

BoutPractice
10-11-2013, 05:49 PM
Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan.
"Kobe stoppers" (Raja Bell...) and Kobe.
"LeBron stoppers" (DeShawn Stevenson...) and LeBron.
Kevin Garnett and poles.
Amar'e Stoudemire and fire extinguishers.

Eric Cartman
10-11-2013, 05:51 PM
I like Clippers/Memphis. Don't know if it's much of a rivalry, but they've met up the last 2 playoffs and the games are always exciting.

KyleKong
10-11-2013, 05:51 PM
One sided in all of sports? Broncos and Raiders.

In the NBA? Probably Heat/New York.

KyleKong
10-11-2013, 05:52 PM
I like Clippers/Memphis. Don't know if it's much of a rivalry, but they've met up the last 2 playoffs and the games are always exciting.

I would consider it, there is bad blood between each other (Randolph and Griffin), and they have met twice in the past two years in the post season, each getting wins over each other.

FLDFSU
10-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Op is correct. The Knicks and may be the Celtics are our rivals.

#number6ix#
10-11-2013, 06:36 PM
I wouldn't call Knicks vs heat a one sided rivalry... Knicks had our number in the playoffs winning 3 out of 5 series... But Mia leads in playoff wins 15 to 14

Bulls vs Heat isn't one sided either bulls leads the all time playoff match ups 4 series to 3 and overall playoff wins 18-13

Le Shaqtus
10-11-2013, 06:36 PM
Anyone vs. Knicks.

No one fears the Knicks.

DuMa
10-11-2013, 06:38 PM
Kobe vs Mike D'antoni

BlackWhiteGreen
10-11-2013, 07:49 PM
Celtics and anyone not named the Lakers

wakencdukest
10-11-2013, 08:02 PM
The Lakers and anyone not named the Celtics

CelticBaller
10-11-2013, 08:21 PM
Celtics and anyone not named the Lakers
Heat were our rivals man, They formed the big 3 to stop us, overthrew us as the king of the east and one of our original trio left for their team

HomieWeMajor
10-11-2013, 08:26 PM
Kobe vs smart shot selection
Derrick Rose vs illiteracy
Dwight Howard vs a condom
Royce White vs a Boeing 747

branslowski
10-11-2013, 08:33 PM
Rose vs. Literacy

I like Rose but this was funny.:lol

DaSeba5
10-11-2013, 08:42 PM
The Bulls are definitely Miami's rivals, and it's not one sided. The Knicks are said to be Miami's arch-rivals since those great playoff series in the 90s, but it's been pretty one sided since then.

TheWINdyCity
10-11-2013, 08:42 PM
:confusedshrug:

Dude is 95% healthy and he decides to eat skittles and watch his team get pooped on.

Not to mention, 6%.

really you knew he was 95% healthy? please reveal your source

6% is like me saying Boris Diaw, u probably only watch box scores kid.