PDA

View Full Version : If you hate ace23's music, post in this thread.

ace23
10-11-2013, 05:34 PM
Going to bump this in a few years when I'm at the top.

ZeN
10-11-2013, 05:44 PM
http://replygif.net/i/827.gif

MavsSuperFan
10-11-2013, 05:45 PM
post some of your music so we have a chance to hear your stuff

ace23
10-11-2013, 05:48 PM
post some of your music so we have a chance to hear your stuff
https://soundcloud.com/slihmm

Jameerthefear
10-11-2013, 06:05 PM
lol

dr.hee
10-11-2013, 06:06 PM
https://soundcloud.com/slihmm

Well, I don't hate it. Don't love it either. The right words to describe your music are mediocre, average, non-remarkable, generic. It's not the worst stuff ever. But also not creative, controversial or ground breaking. You don't suck at what you do, but it's nothing special either. You're like one of the millions of kids out there playing basketball. Some of them can hit a jumpshot, some can drain threes. A lot of them don't suck, they can "play". But none of them will make it to the NBA. Your music is just like that. Very, very, very average. One of many. Listened to it once, will never again. Standard stuff, been overdone by too many already.

ace23
10-11-2013, 06:15 PM
Well, I don't hate it. Don't love it either. The right words to describe your music are mediocre, average, non-remarkable, generic. It's not the worst stuff ever. But also not creative, controversial or ground breaking. You don't suck at what you do, but it's nothing special either. You're like one of the millions of kids out there playing basketball. Some of them can hit a jumpshot, some can drain threes. A lot of them don't suck, they can "play". But none of them will make it to the NBA. Your music is just like that. Very, very, very average. One of many. Listened to it once, will never again. Standard stuff, been overdone by too many already.
Thanks.

branslowski
10-11-2013, 07:13 PM
Ace, u ain't even better than me.

B-Low
10-11-2013, 07:24 PM
I don't hate your music, but I doubt you.

Does that count enough to post in here?

MavsSuperFan
10-11-2013, 07:32 PM
you seem talented

i no less than nothing about rap, but you have a really fast delivery and i only understood half of what you said (which you should take as a compliment). some of the lyrics i managed to decipher, were witty.

Good luck
I dont see why if this song is successful you cant be either. You are more talented than this guy imo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4_Luckf5bE

TheReal Kendall
10-11-2013, 07:38 PM

This sums it up perfectly.

I'm not gonna hate cause it takes courage to put yourself out there like that but just have a backup plan if the music thing don't work out for you.

chips93
10-11-2013, 08:18 PM
do you have any future career plans outside of music?

ace23
10-11-2013, 08:19 PM
do you have any future career plans outside of music?
Yeah, I'm in school.

Rasheed1
10-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Yeah, I'm in school.

stay in school bruh.. you are mediocre but you arent Rakim

dr.hee
10-11-2013, 08:37 PM
stay in school bruh.. you are mediocre but you arent Rakim

Is OP rapping on those tracks? I thought he's the one making the beats. Oh, and can people please stop using single piano notes in the intro of their tracks? Just stop it!

TheSilentKiller
10-11-2013, 08:40 PM
I've hated on your music before but I'm taking it all back. Still don't think it's great but you're doing what you love to do so I can respect that. Keep putting in work homie

L.Kizzle
10-11-2013, 09:47 PM
Let's do an H-Town collabo.

CelticBaller
10-11-2013, 09:54 PM
I love your music, but I just posted in this thread :(

So there goes your biggest fan douche :mad:

The Iron Fist
10-11-2013, 11:05 PM
garbage

ace23
10-11-2013, 11:18 PM
Is OP rapping on those tracks? I thought he's the one making the beats. Oh, and can people please stop using single piano notes in the intro of their tracks? Just stop it!
I didn't produce the ones I rapped over. The ones with no vocals are the tracks I produced.

ace23
10-11-2013, 11:20 PM
Ace, u ain't even better than me.
You from Miami? You need to get me on a track with Raven Miyagi

plowking
10-12-2013, 12:38 AM
You sound decent ace. Better and worse than a lot of stuff out there doing more rounds than your stuff. You're middle of the pack. Keep at it.

bdreason
10-12-2013, 01:38 AM
You need to practice flowing with the beat. Sounds like you write lyrics, then force them over a beat. You can do it that way, but it's much more difficult, and usually involves editing words and lyrics. Try finding a beat you like, then writing lyrics for that specific track.

$LakerGold
10-12-2013, 01:56 AM
It's horrendous. But there's always room for improvement.

$LakerGold
10-12-2013, 01:58 AM
Did you buy a condenser?

KNOW1EDGE
10-12-2013, 02:12 AM
Its not very appealing to my ears.

I don't hate it.

ace23
10-12-2013, 11:18 AM
You need to practice flowing with the beat. Sounds like you write lyrics, then force them over a beat. You can do it that way, but it's much more difficult, and usually involves editing words and lyrics. Try finding a beat you like, then writing lyrics for that specific track.
Well, that's what I did for the first track, not the second.

Thanks for all the feedback, though. Thought I'd have more haters. JDR, CAStill, where you at?

eriX
10-12-2013, 11:24 AM
as a musician to another your songs are like everyone said average in terms of creativity and such. Add more percussion or find some more synths and experiment with them. Theres one thing i know though and that is time will only make you better cause sometimes you might get discouraged and lose focus which i did for a period but if you are good eventually you will get some recognition.

btw how do you have 600+ followers on soundcloud but less than 400 plays on some of your stuff :coleman:

MavsSuperFan
10-12-2013, 04:31 PM
as a musician to another your songs are like everyone said average in terms of creativity and such. Add more percussion or find some more synths and experiment with them. Theres one thing i know though and that is time will only make you better cause sometimes you might get discouraged and lose focus which i did for a period but if you are good eventually you will get some recognition.

btw how do you have 600+ followers on soundcloud but less than 400 plays on some of your stuff :coleman:
Not all of his followers listen to all of his stuff.

some youtubers have over 10 million subs, but their videos average 500,000 views.

eriX
10-13-2013, 09:48 AM
Not all of his followers listen to all of his stuff.

some youtubers have over 10 million subs, but their videos average 500,000 views.

theres 10 channels with over 10mill sub and only raywilliamjohnson has less than 500k views on most off the videos but thats because hes profit driven now and uploads one video thats 1 minute long every hour so nobody watches that shit.

Anyways if followers don't listen that kind of defeat the purpose doesnt it...

johndeeregreen
10-13-2013, 12:19 PM
This thread is nothing short of brilliant on ace's part. He can't get anyone to give a shit about his music when he posts song after song, but now he's managed to get three pages of people responding and listening to his stuff by simply appealing to the masses - people who think your music is lousy.

First smart move you've made marketing yourself.

MavsSuperFan
10-13-2013, 12:39 PM
You guys are being so hard on ace. I thought some of his lyrics that I could understand were witty.

anyways at least he is doing something proactive about pursuing his dream. TBH I think its 99% of the time a bad choice, but I respect the courage it takes. I gave up on my dreams and decided to study accounting, and become an auditor. (I would have like to have been an novelist)

And lets be honest 99% of people give up on their dreams and settle for something more realistic.

East_Stone_Ya
10-13-2013, 04:01 PM
slow progress is still progress Ace :cheers:

ace23
10-13-2013, 10:52 PM
This thread is nothing short of brilliant on ace's part. He can't get anyone to give a shit about his music when he posts song after song, but now he's managed to get three pages of people responding and listening to his stuff by simply appealing to the masses - people who think your music is lousy.

First smart move you've made marketing yourself.
:cheers:

ace23
10-13-2013, 10:54 PM
You guys are being so hard on ace. I thought some of his lyrics that I could understand were witty.

anyways at least he is doing something proactive about pursuing his dream. TBH I think its 99% of the time a bad choice, but I respect the courage it takes. I gave up on my dreams and decided to study accounting, and become an auditor. (I would have like to have been an novelist)

And lets be honest 99% of people give up on their dreams and settle for something more realistic.
hell yea :cheers:

ace23
10-13-2013, 11:16 PM
:durantunimpressed: Horrible quality. You live in Houston? Holla at me I can hook you up with a real sound/audio engineer. It will cost you 2500$.
Lol, I don't need an engineer. Just need a place to record.

And yeah, I didn't mix that Mihmm track.

L.Kizzle
10-13-2013, 11:33 PM
:durantunimpressed: Horrible quality. You live in Houston? Holla at me I can hook you up with a real sound/audio engineer. It will cost you 2500$.
Who paying 2500?

:biggums: