PDA

View Full Version : Juan Manuel Marquez vs Timothy Bradley PPV Thread

Lebron23
10-12-2013, 02:21 PM
http://www.boxingletstalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/101213.jpg

Timothy Bradley vs. Juan Manuel Marquez for Bradley's WBO Welterweight Championship

Official weight-in: Bradley 146, Marquez 144.5

Orlando Salido vs. Orlando Cruz for the vacant WBO Featherweight Championship

Shawn Monaghan vs. Anthony Smith for the vacant WBC Continental Americas Light Heavyweight Championship

Vasyl Lomachenko vs. Jonathan Oquendo for the vacant WBO International Featherweight Championship

PistonsFan#21
10-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Bradley by split decision

plowking
10-12-2013, 08:33 PM
Bradley by UD.

Jameerthefear
10-12-2013, 08:41 PM
yo anyone got a stream?

Reef
10-12-2013, 09:09 PM
Marquez by TKO round 8.

This.

Beatlezz
10-12-2013, 09:16 PM
Marquez KO1 GOD. He's gonna send Timmy the Memo

Tarik One
10-12-2013, 09:44 PM
This is a fight I have been waiting for quite a while now. I like both fighters and have a lot of respect for what they have both achieved. Marquez is 40 and at WW, those two things sounds really strange together. The Pac fight was a while back now and I just think that if Bradley can stick and move and force Marquez to be the stalker, then Marquez is going to end up in a hole. Manny was always there to be hit, his defense was his attack. Bradley has more strings and doesn't need to be there in front of Marquez, he can choose to be slicker and I think he will fight very slick. The Provodnikov might have given him concussion, but it has definitely woken him up a bit. He knows the Pac fight, but he also knows that Marquez cuts up easily too.

Bradley will likely try to box and I think all that youth and energy will be the difference. Marquez hasn't fought in ages now and might end up looking very old.

Bradley by decision.

IGOTGAME
10-12-2013, 09:48 PM
Not sure about this fight. May order it bc I'm bored. Any good undercard fights?

PK3434
10-12-2013, 09:56 PM
Damn lumachenko is nasty

Beatlezz
10-12-2013, 10:44 PM
Baby girl got knocked out. I was rooting for him. :(

Lebron23
10-13-2013, 12:06 AM
bradley outboxes jmm.i love to see a pacquiao rematch, or fight mayweather.

Beatlezz
10-13-2013, 12:07 AM
inb4 the robbery.

RedBlackAttack
10-13-2013, 12:07 AM
There will be no robbery either way. This fight was much closer than Lederman has it.

Beatlezz
10-13-2013, 12:09 AM
whew.

plowking
10-13-2013, 12:10 AM
There will be no robbery either way. This fight was much closer than Lederman has it.

Not really. You can't give that fight to Marquez.

Pistonsfan picked it. :oldlol:

Really that was a UD though.

RedBlackAttack
10-13-2013, 12:12 AM
Not really. You can't give that fight to Marquez.

Pistonsfan picked it. :oldlol:

Really that was a UD though.
No way was that a 7 rounds to 1 type fight through 8 rounds and Marquez won the majority of the last 4 rounds. That makes for a close fight, as it was on the scorecards... as it should have been.

Once again, Lederman just isn't very good.

Beatlezz
10-13-2013, 12:13 AM

What was Lederman's card? I'm watching the sky sports broadcast. They got Bradley up by 3.

RedBlackAttack
10-13-2013, 12:14 AM
What was Lederman's card? I'm watching the sky sports broadcast. They got Bradley up by 3.
He had Marquez winning 3 rounds. Ludicrous.

Lebron23
10-13-2013, 12:16 AM
Styles makes fight. Pacquiao beat Bradley last year, and JMM beat Pacquiao last december.

plowking
10-13-2013, 12:16 AM
No way was that a 7 rounds to 1 type fight through 8 rounds and Marquez won the majority of the last 4 rounds. That makes for a close fight, as it was on the scorecards... as it should have been.

Once again, Lederman just isn't very good.

I had it 8 rounds to 4.

How can you give the majority of the last 4 to Marquez? He did nothing in the last round, and neither did Bradley. Then he gets rocked. Last round went to Bradley.
Round 10 as well.

plowking
10-13-2013, 12:18 AM
Styles makes fight. Pacquiao beat Bradley last year, and JMM beat Pacquiao last december.

Nah, Pac lost to Bradley.

Need Bradley to fight Mayweather. I'd love to see it. Bradley is actually a very elusive fighter. Just no power, and very sloppy when it comes to his style of swarming.

qrich
10-13-2013, 12:20 AM
That was an 8-4 match, maybe 7-5. No way was it a SD

RedBlackAttack
I had it 8 rounds to 4.

How can you give the majority of the last 4 to Marquez? He did nothing in the last round, and neither did Bradley. Then he gets rocked. Last round went to Bradley.
Round 10 as well.
Marquez had CLEARLY won the 12th round prior to the last 5 seconds. He was pushing the pace, chasing Bradley and landing punches while Bradley was doing basically nothing. I didn't think that one punch was enough to overcome what happened over the course of the rest of the round.

Prior to that, JMM had clearly won the 9th and 11th rounds. The 10th was close.

That fight was a 115-113, 116-112 type fight, not 117-111 or 118-110.

Make no mistake, I have no problem with the decision... But Lederman's card, once again, was putrid.

Lebron23
Nah, Pac lost to Bradley.

Need Bradley to fight Mayweather. I'd love to see it. Bradley is actually a very elusive fighter. Just no power, and very sloppy when it comes to his style of swarming.

What fight are you watching? Bradey won 4 round (Putang Ina) againts Pacquiao. Watch the fight again. Bradley's kryponite are sluggers and southpaws.

Beatlezz
He had Marquez winning 3 rounds. Ludicrous.

Classic Lederman. :lol

qrich
10-13-2013, 12:23 AM
Nah, Pac lost to Bradley. .

No, he didn't. I'm probably as anti-Pac due to his weariness to sign the dotted line as anyone, but Bradley clearly lost that bout.

Lebron23
10-13-2013, 12:23 AM
JMM is done. Without Peds he looks like an ordinary boxer.

plowking
10-13-2013, 12:24 AM
What fight are you watching? Bradey won 4 round (Putang Ina) againts Pacquiao. Watch the fight again. Bradley's kryponite are sluggers and southpaws.

Don't swear at me in tagalog you c*nt. :oldlol:
I know what that shit means, I'm dating a half filo girl.

Nah, that fight was close, and Pac lost IMO. HBO hyped up his hits (or lack there of) on Bradley. Dude was blocking almost everything Pac threw at him. He looked unscathed at the end of the fight too. :oldlol:

RedBlackAttack
10-13-2013, 12:26 AM
I thought Pacquiao won the Bradley fight, but I never thought it was the robbery that it was made out to be. There were a lot of rounds that could have gone either way.

The announcing crew was so blatantly biased that night, it swayed a lot of people to think Bradley was out-classed when, in actuality, it was a pretty uneventful fight.

MANNY PACQUIAO VS TIMOTHY BRADLEY HBO BIAS EXPOSED
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW-9w-IYoMA)

iamgine
10-13-2013, 12:28 AM
I've always wondered why boxing decision isn't hold to a higher standard than it is/was. I mean, we got camera and the ability to slow motion a video since before the 80s don't we? Yet we've got one judge scoring one way and the other scoring totally the opposite way and it's totally fine without them having to justify their judging. How is this acceptable? Is it just time constraint?

plowking
10-13-2013, 12:28 AM
I thought Pacquiao won the Bradley fight, but I never thought it was the robbery that it was made out to be. There were a lot of rounds that could have gone either way.

The announcing crew was so blatantly biased that night, it swayed a lot of people to think Bradley was out-classed when, in actuality, it was a pretty uneventful fight.

MANNY PACQUIAO VS TIMOTHY BRADLEY HBO BIAS EXPOSED
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW-9w-IYoMA)

Yeah. I remember watching the fight and scoring it 6-6, so I was fine with the decision and accept that someone saw Bradley win the fight.

Lebron23
10-13-2013, 12:30 AM
No, he didn't. I'm probably as anti-Pac due to his weariness to sign the dotted line as anyone, but Bradley clearly lost that bout.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/view.php?pg=pacquiao-bradley-compubox

This

It was not even a close fight. Pacquiao out landed him, and dominated Desert Storm.

Pacquiao - 253/751
Bradley - 159/839

Power Punches

Pacquiao - 190/493

Bradley - 108/390

RedBlackAttack
10-13-2013, 12:32 AM

This

It was not even a close fight. Pacquiao out landed him, and dominated Desert Storm.
No he didn't. In any way, shape or form.

hateraid
10-13-2013, 12:34 AM
Don't swear at me in tagalog you c*nt. :oldlol:
I know what that shit means, I'm dating a half filo girl.

Nah, that fight was close, and Pac lost IMO. HBO hyped up his hits (or lack there of) on Bradley. Dude was blocking almost everything Pac threw at him. He looked unscathed at the end of the fight too. :oldlol:

:oldlol:
Talaga naman?

Lebron23
10-13-2013, 12:40 AM
Keith Thurman has a good chance of beating Bradley because he's taller, and he's a slugger.

JMM struggles against guys who are slick, and boxers who don't come forward. (Chris John, Mayweather, and bradley)

kNicKz
10-13-2013, 12:42 AM
that shit was boring as ****

RedBlackAttack
10-13-2013, 12:43 AM
Keith Thurman has a good chance of beating Bradley because he's taller, and he's a slugger.

JMM struggles against guys who are slick, and boxers who don't come forward. (Chris John, Mayweather, and bradley)
He doesn't struggle against Pacquiaos though. :D

Tarik One
10-13-2013, 12:46 AM
Marquez is a pure counter puncher and needs offense to get his game going and when facing the outside style and footwork, he is at a disadvantage.

As I said before, people put too much stock into Marquez's KO of Pacquaio, yet people don't understand that the knockout was a COUNTER. He basically used Pac's aggression to his advantage. Marquez could never land a punch like that against a slick fighter like Bradley.

Lebron23
10-13-2013, 12:54 AM
Thank you OSDT. Bradley needs to fight Pac again in 2014. Props to Bradley for winning the best fight of his boxing career.

Garcia vs. Bradley is also going to be a good fight.

Tarik One
10-13-2013, 12:59 AM
Thank you OSDT. Bradley needs to fight Pac again in 2014. Props to Bradley for winning the best fight of his boxing career.

Garcia vs. Bradley is also going to be a good fight.
How can Garcia vs Bradley happen if they are with two different promotion companies who are at odds with one another?

plowking
10-13-2013, 01:02 AM

This

Pacquiao - 253/751
Bradley - 159/839

Power Punches

Pacquiao - 190/493

Bradley - 108/390

Those compubox numbers have proven to mean jack shit by the video RBA posted.

:oldlol:
Talaga naman?

Yep. :oldlol:

Very basic things and some swear words I've been taught and picked up on. :oldlol:

Lebron23
10-13-2013, 01:08 AM
How can Garcia vs Bradley happen if they are with two different promotion companies who are at odds with one another?

Oscar and Arum needs to make amends with each other. Timmy has only 1 fight left in his contract.

Bobcats2013
10-13-2013, 01:30 AM
Bradley represents everything wrong in the sport of boxing.

He's the promoter's golden boy.
He's not a draw.
He's not a very good boxer but gets pushed like he is.
He gets the nods in decisions where he shouldn't.
The networks are biased towards him because of the promoter.
He is getting pushed down the throats of boxing fans.
He's an Al Haymon fighter without actually being an Al Haymon fighter.

I don't dislike Bradley the person. I don't particularly dislike Bradley the fighter either. He is however a virus, and if anyone who wants to discuss on why boxing is such on a downward spiral all you have to do is say Tim Bradley. That's it, and I'm not a Marquez or Pacquiao fan. I'm a Mayweather fan.

The sad part about this whole ordeal is now Bob Arum, and HBO are going to be pushing for a Mayweather fight. They're trying to hype up Tim as the next big guy to beat Floyd. :coleman: It's embarrassing.

PistonsFan#21
10-13-2013, 02:54 AM
Bradley by split decision

:pimp:

i knew i should have put some cash on this fight. Im not sure why Marquez was such a favorite on the betting sites

Reef
10-13-2013, 04:32 AM
Bradley schooled Marquez. I didn't expect that.

plowking
10-14-2013, 01:48 AM
Bradley represents everything wrong in the sport of boxing.

He's the promoter's golden boy.
He's not a draw.
He's not a very good boxer but gets pushed like he is.
He gets the nods in decisions where he shouldn't.
The networks are biased towards him because of the promoter.
He is getting pushed down the throats of boxing fans.
He's an Al Haymon fighter without actually being an Al Haymon fighter.

I don't dislike Bradley the person. I don't particularly dislike Bradley the fighter either. He is however a virus, and if anyone who wants to discuss on why boxing is such on a downward spiral all you have to do is say Tim Bradley. That's it, and I'm not a Marquez or Pacquiao fan. I'm a Mayweather fan.

The sad part about this whole ordeal is now Bob Arum, and HBO are going to be pushing for a Mayweather fight. They're trying to hype up Tim as the next big guy to beat Floyd. :coleman: It's embarrassing.

Somewhat agree and disagree with this.
Yeah, hes the promoters golden boy at the moment.
Not a draw? It takes a while to build up a reputation and a series of good wins to really start bringing in numbers.
Hes actually a good boxer, just not a very gifted one, or a good fighter.
He gets the nod in decisions? What are you basing this off? 1 or 2 fights? You can probably argue the same for most top fighters.
Networks are biased? Don't watch the HBO feed - I don't.