PDA

View Full Version : How to watch live sports without cable

dkmwise
10-13-2013, 02:13 AM
So thinking about getting rid of cable. Have it figured out how to get most tv shows between amazon prime, hulu, itunes and network websites but the one thing I can't seem to find without cable is sports, especially local market teams. Looking mainly for NFL but any suggestions would help.
Thanks

qrich
10-13-2013, 02:24 AM
firstrowus.eu

dkmwise
10-13-2013, 02:31 AM
firstrowus.eu

Actually found that on the internet too when trying to just google answers to this question. How well does it work and what different sports do you get?

OJ SIMPSON 2.0
10-13-2013, 02:37 AM
Actually found that on the internet too when trying to just google answers to this question. How well does it work and what different sports do you get?
It shows all sports. Quality of the streams are god awful, 240p type quality. Stick with your cable.

andgar923
10-13-2013, 02:40 AM
It shows all sports. Quality of the streams are god awful, 240p type quality. Stick with your cable.

This

If you even find a decently working stream picture wise, the connection will be shitty.

One can perhaps stand for buffering issues when streaming a movie or show, but not on LIVE sporting events.

Just get the basic cable.

dkmwise
10-13-2013, 02:53 AM
This

If you even find a decently working stream picture wise, the connection will be shitty.

One can perhaps stand for buffering issues when streaming a movie or show, but not on LIVE sporting events.

Just get the basic cable.

Thanks. Yeah thats probably what i'll go with, just hate to pay all that money to basically watch 1-2 games a week.

Jameerthefear
10-13-2013, 03:09 AM
you could get an antenna...

chosen_one6
10-13-2013, 03:10 AM
Thanks. Yeah thats probably what i'll go with, just hate to pay all that money to basically watch 1-2 games a week.

The quality is shitty on a PC but if you hook an HDMI cable to your TV it's actually not that bad.

vipbox.tv is another good one

andgar923
10-13-2013, 03:18 AM
The quality is shitty on a PC but if you hook an HDMI cable to your TV it's actually not that bad.

vipbox.tv is another good one

Actually worse in most cases.

Specially when the stream is under 420p and it buffers like crazy. A stream being 420p is actually f*ckin great and rare. But when you do find it, it'll be shut down immediately.

Just get cable man.

I tried watching TNT's broadcast online and it sucks. You get horrible camera angles that are dizzying.

dkmwise
10-13-2013, 03:21 AM
you could get an antenna...

Cause we live in a mountanous area don't think we get many channels with antenna

Jameerthefear
10-13-2013, 03:33 AM
Cause we live in a mountanous area don't think we get many channels with antenna
well for another alternative i usually post hd streams in the football forum. but even i have cable since streams can get taken down so often and it's hard to find a HQ one for every game you want to watch.

dkmwise
10-13-2013, 05:45 AM
well for another alternative i usually post hd streams in the football forum. but even i have cable since streams can get taken down so often and it's hard to find a HQ one for every game you want to watch.

Good to know,thanks

Thorpesaurous
10-14-2013, 09:37 PM
Go to a bar.

Rake2204
10-14-2013, 10:24 PM
Thanks. Yeah thats probably what i'll go with, just hate to pay all that money to basically watch 1-2 games a week.I feel you. I think it depends on how big you are on picture quality. The streams offer rough quality, but I am usually able to adjust to them. And if something really incredible or notable occurs during the game I'm watching, YouTube or NBA.com or ESPN usually uploads it almost immediately in very good quality.

It's not ideal but as you said, it can be tough to justify paying such a high amount of money for just a couple games per week.

Draz
10-15-2013, 12:10 AM
Go to a bar, find live streams, or just stick with cable.

Scholar
10-15-2013, 12:17 AM
Or go to actual live sporting events in person, but that shit will cost more than keeping up your cable bill.