PDA

View Full Version : 'Hello Ladies' new HBO show

andgar923
10-13-2013, 03:22 AM
I'm known to jump the gun and judge shows on their first 15 minutes (for right or wrong). And 8:30 minutes in and this show has potential to be great.

Very subdued type of humor, it won't really hit you over the head with one liners but instead it'll work you bit by bit, line by line some in which one may miss. The actors are very believable and likable (well at least one can sympathize with them).

Here's the link to a free stream:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMcyIn-HZe0

Def has potential so far.

chosen_one6
10-13-2013, 04:24 AM
I'm known to jump the gun and judge shows on their first 15 minutes (for right or wrong). And 8:30 minutes in and this show has potential to be great.

Very subdued type of humor, it won't really hit you over the head with one liners but instead it'll work you bit by bit, line by line some in which one may miss. The actors are very believable and likable (well at least one can sympathize with them).

Here's the link to a free stream:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMcyIn-HZe0

Def has potential so far.

Meh...only laughed at two or three moments. Other than that, extremely boring and awkward.

andgar923
10-13-2013, 04:32 AM
Meh...only laughed at two or three moments. Other than that, extremely boring and awkward.
It is extremely awkward.

It may not be everybody's cup of tea as far as it's comedic content tho, I agree on that. It's a very dry style of comedy.

Obviously I disagree that it's "extremely boring", but comedy is usually more personal and divisive as opposed to dramas, or other genres.

chosen_one6
10-13-2013, 04:35 AM
It is extremely awkward.

It may not be everybody's cup of tea as far as it's comedic content tho, I agree on that. It's a very dry style of comedy.

Obviously I disagree that it's "extremely boring", but comedy is usually more personal and divisive as opposed to dramas, or other genres.

I actually use a lot of dry humor myself. I may have to watch it again as I was occupied for most of the first half of the show. I generally give a show a season before I cast it off.

andgar923
10-13-2013, 04:45 AM
I actually use a lot of dry humor myself. I may have to watch it again as I was occupied for most of the first half of the show. I generally give a show a season before I cast it off.

I think for some people this may be a show they'll watch if it's on, as opposed to a show they must watch.

For some of us, this show will be filled with memes and gifs for years to come. Just awkward line after another, but done on purpose.

Le Shaqtus
10-13-2013, 10:34 AM
Stephen Merchant is hilarious so I'll give this a shot.

Nick Young
10-13-2013, 11:11 AM
Looks like some canceled-after-one-season bullshit.

outbreak
10-13-2013, 05:12 PM
I'll give it a shot as I am a big gervais, pilkington and merchant fan. That being said merchant on his own has never really been that funny and his parts in their radio shows and podcasts are sometimes abit boring and over the top with every subject comming down to him trying to get women and being so desperate. Hopefully this is good though as Gervais has really struggled writing on his own so maybe Merchant can pull it off solo.

As always with these guys though you either get it or you don't and their isn't much in between, some people love this style of humour and others won't find it funny.

BankShot
10-13-2013, 08:49 PM
I downloaded the first two episodes, but haven't watched them. Honestly I took a look at the number shows I'm actually interested in watching (way too many), and unless "Hello Ladies" really takes off I'd rather not waste the time