PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy sleepers

Andi
10-13-2013, 05:51 PM
Fantasy should be starting soon and so should drafts.
Who do you guys have for sleepers this year?
I'd take all the Utah frontcourt, T. Harris.
Who do you have?

#number6ix#
10-13-2013, 05:59 PM
nikola pekovic- lots of double doubles
ersan ilyasova- threes, rebounding, scoring

no pun intended
10-13-2013, 06:17 PM
Derrick Favors

DuMa
10-13-2013, 06:23 PM
Vucevic for rebounding
DeAndre for blocks

Assassin85
10-13-2013, 06:26 PM
Eric 'mini bron' Bledsoe.

kNicKz
10-13-2013, 06:26 PM
Batum on the trailblazers is pretty solid. Adds a little to every category though he may not be a sleeper after last season

Sakkreth
10-13-2013, 06:33 PM
Maybe D-Mo. He gotta be real cheap and he's likely to be a starter.

poido123
10-13-2013, 06:44 PM
Sleepers you're talking about guys who are picked in the last few rounds so heres my lot;

Patrick Beverley

Derrick Williams

Reggie Jackson

Wilson Chandler

Alec Burks

Jarrod Sullinger

Steven Adams

Toney Wroten

Levity
10-13-2013, 06:52 PM
a lot of good names already mentioned. but all add avery bradley to that list

hell give you steals and threes every game. but if he comes back to his 2012 end of season self(which is possible with the current construction of the team), he can put up 13+ ppgs and a couple of assists and boards and the occasional block.

and of course, john henson

hell be part of MIL's big 3 FC rotation. in his rookie season, he had a few close 20/20 games. larry drew loves him. he'll get the minutes this season. wont be surprised to see him block 2+ shots a night

hangintheair
10-13-2013, 06:57 PM
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Kelly Olynyk
Luigi Datome

qrich
10-13-2013, 07:45 PM
While not a sleeper, DeAndre Jordan will be a steal. Blocks, rebounds, FG%. FT% will kill you though. Bledsoe will be a nice stat stuffer for roto leagues as well.

Alec Burks will be a steal with Trey Burke getting hurt. He'll play a lot of spot point.

DirkNowitzki41
10-13-2013, 08:04 PM
John Henson. Dude can fill it up, especially when he gets mins this year.

noob cake
10-13-2013, 08:13 PM
Make the right choice:

Terrance Jones or Donatas Motiejunas

One of them will be playing 30-35 a night while the other one will be riding the bench.

longtime lurker
10-13-2013, 08:45 PM
I'll list some names that haven't been mentioned;

Michael carter-williams
Andre Drummond
Caron Butler
Markieff Morris
Dion waiters

The JKidd Kid
10-13-2013, 08:59 PM
Evan Turner
Tobias Harris
Derrick Favors
Enes Kanter
Al Jefferson
Jeff Teague
Jeff Green
Pau Gasol

Bird
10-13-2013, 10:08 PM
Evan Turner
Tobias Harris
Derrick Favors
Enes Kanter
Al Jefferson
Jeff Teague
Jeff Green
Pau Gasol

I'm not sure you understand what a sleeper is.

A few guys I want late in the draft:

John Henson (as has been mentioned)
Maurice Harkless (I like most of the Magic starters actually)
Luis Scola (I see David West & Roy Hibbert getting plenty of rest during the regular season)
Reggie Jackson (starter while Westbrook is out, will play the Harden role off the bench)
JJ Redick (I think he plays better than he ever has in LA; plenty of wide open looks from Paul)
Avery Bradley

dzav323
10-14-2013, 12:46 AM
If Anthony Davis continues what he's been doing this preseason, he is arguably the best fantasy big in the league.

ripthekik
10-14-2013, 12:49 AM
If Anthony Davis continues what he's been doing this preseason, he is arguably the best fantasy big in the league.
Came in here to say his name. He's not a sleeper, people will pick him, but I think he's underrated so far. I hope to pick him up before the people in my league do.

and for the guy that say deandre jordan, I don't about that. Last year I had him, and he straight up sucked. Benched him instead.

DuMa
10-14-2013, 12:51 AM

No one is a better fantasy big than Kevin Love.

bdreason
10-14-2013, 12:53 AM
Not really a sleeper, but Milsap is going to post 2nd round production and can probably be had in the 4th round or later.

poido123
10-14-2013, 01:15 AM
Evan Turner
Tobias Harris
Derrick Favors
Enes Kanter
Al Jefferson
Jeff Teague
Jeff Green
Pau Gasol

While they are good picks, nobody is sleeping on them :confusedshrug:

no pun intended
10-14-2013, 01:45 AM
Just to clarify, are sleepers defined as players who are drafted later than they should be or players who aren't drafted that should be drafted? In my opinion, it's both. Thus, I think everyone on this thread has the right idea.

EricGordon23
10-14-2013, 01:53 AM
Demar derozan

poido123
10-14-2013, 02:12 AM
Just to clarify, are sleepers defined as players who are drafted later than they should be or players who aren't drafted that should be drafted? In my opinion, it's both. Thus, I think everyone on this thread has the right idea.

Sleepers would be picks that are picked in the last few rounds when all the established players and top rookies are off the board. Players that often go undrafted and turn out to be fantasy relevant.

That's what I think it is anyways. :confusedshrug:

bdreason
10-14-2013, 02:25 AM

A sleeper is any player who is going to vastly outperform his fantasy draft position. Typically guys drafted in the first 6 rounds or so aren't sleepers, because their production is generally consistent and well known... hence the reason they are chosen in the top rounds.

alexd
10-14-2013, 04:56 AM
Hayward.He ll have a bigger role and he ll give 3s,scoring,perhaps a steal or a block,freethrows and good percentages
Bledsoe
Kanter and Favors will explode this season
Al Jefferson will have a bigger role too
And J.Teague he ll have a stat line of 17-8-3
Brandon Knight.You can pick him at the last picks of the draft.He ll give you 3s,assists and perhaps steals

ohdilly
10-14-2013, 05:16 AM
Kevin Seraphin - should get alot of minutes with Okafor out indefinitely and its only a matter of time until Nene gets injured again. Good last pick.

Corey Brewer - another last pick candidate. he should start for the twolves

Alec Burks - slated to start SG and with trey burke out should carry more load

Jeremy Lamb - good upside here

Jarret Jack - could still provide serviceable numbers for a PG/SG eligible player. If Kyrie Irving goes down he becomes a must own.

Im so nba'd out
10-14-2013, 07:50 AM
Sleepers you're talking about guys who are picked in the last few rounds so heres my lot;

Patrick Beverley

Derrick Williams

Reggie Jackson

Wilson Chandler

Alec Burks

Jarrod Sullinger

Steven Adams

Toney Wroten

thread/

someone named al jefferson as a sleeper how can a sleep be picked in the 1st round...come on guys

kshutts1
10-14-2013, 08:16 AM
Not sleepers how I define them, but a list of players I think will be some of the better bargain picks:

Pau Gasol
John Wall
Javale McGee (fantasy doesn't care about stupid mistakes, just the numbers)
Seraphin
Shumpert
Bradley
Leonard (plays for the Spurs, so definitely under appreciated in fantasy)
Thornton
Wilson Chandler
Reggie Jackson

Guys that will make a significant (though mostly expected) jump:
Beal
Waiters
Favors
Kanter
Drummond
Davis
Butler
Bledsoe
Jonas

longtime lurker
10-14-2013, 11:03 AM
Sleepers would be picks that are picked in the last few rounds when all the established players and top rookies are off the board. Players that often go undrafted and turn out to be fantasy relevant.

That's what I think it is anyways. :confusedshrug:

This is exactly how I see it. And a strategy that I use to pick sleepers is finding guys that are in their 2 or 3rd year that will get 30+ minutes a game

poido123
10-14-2013, 11:28 AM
This is exactly how I see it. And a strategy that I use to pick sleepers is finding guys that are in their 2 or 3rd year that will get 30+ minutes a game

You're onto it, you must do pretty well in your leagues :cheers:

I always look for bad teams that will look to give fringe players or rookies opportunity as the season rolls on...

Or players that have excellent per minute production, that can break out once given the minutes or an injury to a player in front of them.

HurricaneKid
10-14-2013, 11:48 AM
You can really tell who plays and who doesn't. Bledsoe is a 3rd/4th rd pick. Al Jeff is an early 2nd. These guys aren't sleepers; but a lot of guys mentioned are primed for breakout seasons.

longtime lurker
10-14-2013, 12:41 PM
You're onto it, you must do pretty well in your leagues :cheers:

I always look for bad teams that will look to give fringe players or rookies opportunity as the season rolls on...

Or players that have excellent per minute production, that can break out once given the minutes or an injury to a player in front of them.

I've been playing for a couple years now so I have strategies that I use that are pretty successful. Another thing is that I don't overrate my players and I'm willing to trade quantity for quality and consistency.

fsvr54
10-14-2013, 10:04 PM
Oladipo can fill it up

poido123
10-14-2013, 10:10 PM
Oladipo can fill it up

He sure can.

Will probably be the best fantasy rookie this year by a long way.

poido123
10-14-2013, 10:12 PM
I've been playing for a couple years now so I have strategies that I use that are pretty successful. Another thing is that I don't overrate my players and I'm willing to trade quantity for quality and consistency.

:rockon:

East_Stone_Ya
10-15-2013, 05:13 AM
pick up Favors

kshutts1
10-15-2013, 07:18 AM
Another name I just thought of... Monta Ellis. He is a lot better (statistically, anyway) than people give him credit.

BlackWhiteGreen
10-15-2013, 10:58 AM
You can really tell who plays and who doesn't. Bledsoe is a 3rd/4th rd pick. Al Jeff is an early 2nd. These guys aren't sleepers; but a lot of guys mentioned are primed for breakout seasons.

Depends how big your league is really. An 8 team league only has 104 players in it, I don't really know who in there is going to be a true sleeper.

Levity
10-15-2013, 12:49 PM
Another "true" sleeper is Austin Rivers. If eric gordon continues to be eric gordong (injured), rivers will get the minutes. He looked MUCH improved in summer league and preseason (big whoop i know, but that doesnt mean it wont translate to the regular season)