PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: Lakers Shopping Gasol For Eastern Conf.Star PG?

Go4thaGold
10-14-2013, 05:11 PM
Who makes the most sense? Rondo??? Stuckey??? Augustin? Nelson?

• One Eastern Conference executive told FOX Sports Ohio he’s heard from the Lakers recently, and word around the league is they may try to make a "substantial" trade before the regular season. Apparently, forward Pau Gasol remains far from untouchable.

• Many NBA talent-evaluators feel as if Steve Nash is no longer capable of playing at a high level for more than 15-20 minutes game. The Lakers, it is believed, are on the lookout for a younger point guard who's a more potent scorer. But as everyone who deals in the trade market will tell you, that won't be so easy to obtain.

KyrieTheFuture
10-14-2013, 05:13 PM
Pau Gasol will net you an old star or a promising youngster. Not a young star. This rumor will stay a rumor.

TheMarkMadsen
10-14-2013, 05:13 PM
D Rose welcome to Los Angleles

Gasol, Steve Blake & cash considerations for Rose, Bulter & a 1st.

Makes sense for both teams, get it done mitch!

East_Stone_Ya
10-14-2013, 05:15 PM
not a surprise because there was a rumor floating last year as well, only Howard was mentioned instead of Gasol

Twiens
10-14-2013, 05:18 PM
Noone is trading a star PG for washed-up Pau :oldlol:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
10-14-2013, 05:20 PM
Who makes the most sense? Rondo???

BS article. if they wanted they would have done before the training camp.

they learned 1 thing last yr is for all the guys/coaches to have a training camp together

Lakers are NOT trading gasol. 1 package i would trade him for Jimmy butler/M Teague/T Snell

Go4thaGold
10-14-2013, 05:21 PM
A rebuilding team would love an almost $20 million expiring contract though, wouldn't they? ;):D

Noone is trading a star PG for washed-up Pau :oldlol:

RoundMoundOfReb
10-14-2013, 05:27 PM

:biggums:

Levity
10-14-2013, 05:30 PM
i cant see it happening this early in the season. by all star break? maybe.

but right now, with kobe nearly back from injury, the lakers wouldnt completely gut their team without seeing what this team can do for the first few months, regardless of how shitty non lakers fans think theyll be.

ispin69
10-14-2013, 05:33 PM
Rebuild mode for the team AARP.

secund2nun
10-14-2013, 05:38 PM
Take Gasol off of that team and they will be in the lottery. It will expose Kobe yet again.

Pre-Gasol with prime Kobe= first round loss
Post-Gasol with old Kobe= lottery

:roll:

TheReturn
10-14-2013, 05:44 PM
If I'm Pau, I'm getting out of LA once my deal expires.

Meticode
10-14-2013, 05:47 PM
Some two-way trades I tried in NBA Trade Machine that were successful...

Lakers get: Rajon Rondo, Gerald Wallace
Celtics get: Pau Gasol, Jodie Meeks

Analysis: Boston goes into full rebuild mode and Gasol's $19 contract will come off the books after this year making them prime to start rebuilding. Rondo goes to a contender and with Nash on his way out soon the Lakers can possibly make one last push with Kobe for the Finals before he retires. The cost is that the price they pay is taking on Wallace's contract for $10+ million for the next 3 years.

=====

Lakers get: Kemba Walker, Ben Gordon
Bobcats get: Pau Gasol

Not likely. Walker is a ball-dominate. Won't mesh with Kobe. But Jordan might be dumb enough to do the trade. Maybe he'll even throw MKG in there too just because he doesn't know what the f*ck he's doing.

=====

Lakers get: Rodney Stucky, Charlie Villanueva

I really think Stucky needs a change of scenery. I think he's still a solid PG/SG in the league, but is always injuries and maybe a new team with a better outlook might do him some good.

=====

Lakers get: Jameer Nelson, Hedo Turkoglu
Magic get: Pau Gasol

This trade out of all them makes the most sense. The Magic are in full rebuild mode right now. They get Gasol for one year, probably make him sit most of the year and his $19 million expires after this season. They get rid of Turkoglu, then they depart ways with Nelson who has 2 years left on his contract since Oladipo will probably be the Magic's future PG at least short-term right now unless he doesn't work out (which so far he's been pretty decent as a scoring PG). Nelson isn't "young" but he's still a good PG and can help with one last push for the playoffs before Kobe retires.

senelcoolidge
10-14-2013, 05:48 PM

WTF. Only retard laker fans come up with these incredibly lopsided trade ideas.

Meticode
10-14-2013, 05:51 PM
The trades I posted are the onyl ones that are feesible to me. I would think Irving, Rose and some other PGs are untouchable right now. Those guys I mentioned aren't IMO.

hawkfan
10-14-2013, 05:53 PM
hawkfan Trade Scenario (where amazing happens):

Rockets get

Steve Nash

Lakers get

Jeremy Lin

Lin reunites with MDA to run his offense, which he can do well. Lin can get to the rim and he would fit in well with Gasol and Bryant. Bryant would really push him on turnovers and on defense.

The Rockets get Nash to back up Beverly, providing veteran leadership.

Contracts are similar.

hawkfan
10-14-2013, 05:54 PM
Gasol's contract is real hard to trade.
If they really want to make a deal, they may contact the Hawks for Teague and Korver and another contract, but that would kill a lot of cap space next summer.

Meticode
10-14-2013, 05:55 PM
hawkfan Trade Scenario (where amazing happens):

Rockets get

Steve Nash

Lakers get

Jeremy Lin

Lin reunites with MDA to run his offense, which he can do well. Lin can get to the rim and he would fit in well with Gasol and Bryant. Bryant would really push him on turnovers and on defense.

The Rockets get Nash to back up Beverly, providing veteran leadership.

Contracts are similar.
Rumors said Eastern Conference FYI.

hawkfan
10-14-2013, 05:56 PM
Rumors said Eastern Conference FYI.

Fair enough.

Who's a star that's out there and who has a tradeable contract? Teague is a good player, but not a star.

Nash
10-14-2013, 05:56 PM
Chalmers for Gasol?

:lol

hawkfan
10-14-2013, 05:58 PM
Charlotte sends Sessions and Gordon (both expirers) for Gasol?
What else is out there?
Jim Buss should have moved Gasol in the summer when teams were looking to make deals.

BlackWhiteGreen
10-14-2013, 05:59 PM

Analysis: Boston goes into full rebuild mode and Gasol's $19 contract will come off the books after this year making them prime to start rebuilding. Rondo goes to a contender and with Nash on his way out soon the Lakers can possibly make one last push with Kobe for the Finals before he retires. The cost is that the price they pay is taking on Wallace's contract for $10+ million for the next 3 years.

Rondo/Bryant/Wallace/trash is a contender? in the west?

SamuraiSWISH
10-14-2013, 06:00 PM

Gasol, Steve Blake & cash considerations for Rose, BulterLol keep dreaming Laker stan. You're not getting hometown boy or Jimmy Bags. Kobe always needing more help I take it?

LakersDaBEst
10-14-2013, 06:03 PM
Kyrie Irving plus Varejo for Gasol + Nash Do it mitch!

Meticode
10-14-2013, 06:04 PM
Rondo/Bryant/Wallace/trash is a contender? in the west?
Sorry I meant to say that he helps make them a contender.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
10-14-2013, 06:05 PM

=====

Lakers get: Kemba Walker, Ben Gordon

Not likely. Walker is a ball-dominate. Won't mesh with Kobe. But Jordan might be dumb enough to do the trade. Maybe he'll even throw MKG in there too just because he doesn't know what the f*ck he's doing.

=====

Lakers get: Rodney Stucky, Charlie Villanueva

I really think Stucky needs a change of scenery. I think he's still a solid PG/SG in the league, but is always injuries and maybe a new team with a better outlook might do him some good.

=====

Lakers get: Jameer Nelson, Hedo Turkoglu
Magic get: Pau Gasol

This trade out of all them makes the most sense. The Magic are in full rebuild mode right now. They get Gasol for one year, probably make him sit most of the year and his $19 million expires after this season. They get rid of Turkoglu, then they depart ways with Nelson who has 2 years left on his contract since Oladipo will probably be the Magic's future PG at least short-term right now unless he doesn't work out (which so far he's been pretty decent as a scoring PG). Nelson isn't "young" but he's still a good PG and can help with one last push for the playoffs before Kobe retires.

I like this but change CV with Monroe

Lakers get: Rodney Stucky, Charlie Villanueva, monroe
Pistons get: Pau Gasol,blake, J hill

Meticode
10-14-2013, 06:06 PM
Fair enough.

Who's a star that's out there and who has a tradeable contract? Teague is a good player, but not a star.
Don't nit pick the word "star" IMO. The only realistic PGs tradeable in the East are Stuckey, Sessions, maybe Walker, Rondo, Nelson

Meticode
10-14-2013, 06:07 PM

Pau, blake for monroe, stuckey, cv
Pretty much garauntee the Pistons don't give up Monroe. He's part of their future. They're going to want to get rid of Stucky+Charlie V. If you want Stuckey you gotta take Charlie V with his ass.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
10-14-2013, 06:07 PM
Sorry I meant to say that he helps make them a contender.

lakers not taking trash of wallace for 3 more yrs of 10mileach

Meticode
10-14-2013, 06:08 PM
Kyrie Irving plus Varejo for Gasol + Nash Do it mitch!
Serious ideas only please. Why does Cleveland do this realistically?

BlackWhiteGreen
10-14-2013, 06:08 PM

Lakers get: Rodney Stucky, Charlie Villanueva, monroe
Pistons get: Pau Gasol,blake, J hill

Change Villaneuva for oneof the best young centres in the league? Yeaaaaaaaaaah no.

Levity
10-14-2013, 06:09 PM
gasol is a 20 million expirer. so considering this is a PG league these days, i dont see the lakers going for any of those names mentioned besides rondo. Lowry is UFA next season, they could just go after him instead of adding salary via trade to next season.

Meticode
10-14-2013, 06:10 PM
lakers not taking trash of wallace for 3 more yrs of 10mileach

Well that's the trade off. You want the best PG available rightnow? You can get him, but you're going to have to take some bad with it too. To be fair he'd be better than any other SF you got on your team right now and he fits that spot for that team. The only thing that sucks abotu him is the contract.

TheGreatDeraj
10-14-2013, 06:15 PM
This is crap.

Messing with Gasol head before he has even stepped on the court this season. Dude does not play as well when he is being involved in trade talks.

In the past Kobe has had to come out and tell management to trade him or not because the talks were affecting his play.

Would rather just let him expire unless they get a good wing or big guy. PG scorers are easier to shut down than other positions. Just put a long athletic wing on them.

I doubt the Lakers swap big name players with the freaking Celtics.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
10-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Well that's the trade off. You want the best PG available rightnow? You can get him, but you're going to have to take some bad with it too. To be fair he'd be better than any other SF you got on your team right now and he fits that spot for that team. The only thing that sucks abotu him is the contract.

not really. they will wait when lebron/wade/melo/bosh and bunch of others are free agent and try their luck in summer.

rather then chasing Rondo & taking the ugly of wallace. its not bad...its ugly contract

Twiens
10-14-2013, 06:21 PM
This year is probably a write-off. Almost everyone expires after this season, so I doubt Lakers take on any salary past this year.(Rondo would be an exception of course)

gts
10-14-2013, 06:23 PM
Who makes the most sense? Rondo??? Stuckey??? Augustin? Nelson?

Link to the article please

NVM, it's Sam Amico, nuff said for reliabilty

Jameerthefear
10-14-2013, 06:24 PM
no one is touching jameer

Meticode
10-14-2013, 06:30 PM
not really. they will wait when lebron/wade/melo/bosh and bunch of others are free agent and try their luck in summer.

rather then chasing Rondo & taking the ugly of wallace. its not bad...its ugly contract
I'm just going by the rumor, not going by what we think they'll do other than the rumor.

Meticode
10-14-2013, 06:31 PM
no one is touching jameer
He really needs to be traded. He's not part of the Magic's future any longer.

BoutPractice
10-14-2013, 06:31 PM
The Lakers FO really love tormenting Gasol with trade rumours.

salwan
10-14-2013, 06:32 PM
lol, why would the celtics trade their best asset in rondo for an expirer in gasol and get practically nothing.

they need picks and promising players, IF they are trading rondo

DuMa
10-14-2013, 06:33 PM
i doubt all these rumors are true.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
10-14-2013, 06:33 PM
He really needs to be traded. He's not part of the Magic's future any longer.

lol Pau gasol will put all star number this yr playing D'Toni's 5

just because nelson needs to be traded doesnt mean he gets traded for Pau Gasol

Gasol is much much much better option for the lakers to keep then to trade for a 5'11 PG

gts
10-14-2013, 06:35 PM
The Lakers FO really love tormenting Gasol with trade rumours.

Most the time it's just the media gone wild. Pau's been in every trade rumor for the last 3 years and the one time he was actually traded nobody heard about it until afterward. Lakers have already told Pau he's not on the block this year...

Meticode
10-14-2013, 06:39 PM
lol Pau gasol will put all star number this yr playing D'Toni's 5

just because nelson needs to be traded doesnt mean he gets traded for Pau Gasol

Gasol is much much much better option for the lakers to keep then to trade for a 5'11 PG
So what do you want the Lakers to do with Gasol?

Meticode
10-14-2013, 06:42 PM
95% of everything you say is in a negative tone. This opinion doesn't surprise me from you.

I'm not even joking. Whenever I read game threads almost everything you post is something to the effect of...

DuMa: "Anthony Bennett is fat and looks horrible."

*Bennett goes to score 14 in the fourth on 6-6 shooting*

DuMa: "One pre-season game doesn't mean anything. So what, he needs to do this, this and this."

DuMa: "<Insert player's name here> was okay, but he needs to do this, this and this. I wasn't impressed."

:oldlol:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
10-14-2013, 06:46 PM
I'm just going by the rumor, not going by what we think they'll do other than the rumor.

they have said 100 times they want the cap flexibility for next summer and after that.

thats the reason they signed everybody to a yr contract. other than nash,sacre, young everybody expires....

there is no way they take on Wallace's ugly contract when they can use that capspace wisely next yr

u are asking people to post logical answers but u are suggesting that gasol needs to be traded for Nelson, Wallace :banghead:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
10-14-2013, 06:47 PM
So what do you want the Lakers to do with Gasol?

keep him and sign him for cheap this summer. recruit his brother Marc gasol in 2015

not a single trade u mentioned benefits the lakers and their plans

gts
10-14-2013, 06:50 PM

Yep, Only one LA based writer has taken this topic up and after a check with the Lakers she posted

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 48m
Lakers insist @paugasol is still very much their guy for this year. See him as a key for them this year.

OldSkoolball#52
10-14-2013, 06:50 PM
As long as youre planning to have Kobe Bryant on your team there is no reason to employ a point guard taking up any significant amount of cap space. Itd just be a waste.

Face it. This year is all about Kobe and the phony heroics of his return. The broadcasters will force it into the narrative of every game, Kobe will of course play the contrived role of triumphant warrior on the court, hogging shots, scowling, awkwardly trying to fire up his teammates to do this or that. He knows all the fans in LA will eat it up. The team will under perform but Kobe will be forcing up shots after coming back from injury so everyone will blame Pau, or Nash, or D'Antoni, or Jim Buss, or Kaman, etc etc

Kobe will put himself above the team as always, and as always his dumb stans in LA will somehow force themselves not to see it.

gts
10-14-2013, 06:52 PM
As long as youre planning to have Kobe Bryant on your team there is no reason to employ a point guard taking up any significant amount of cap space. Itd just be a waste.

Face it. This year is all about Kobe and the phony heroics of his return. The broadcasters will force it into the narrative of every game, Kobe will of course play the contrived role of triumphant warrior on the court, hogging shots, scowling, awkwardly trying to fire up his teammates to do this or that. He knows all the fans in LA will eat it up. The team will under perform but Kobe will be forcing up shots after coming back from injury so everyone will blame Pau, or Nash, or D'Antoni, or Jim Buss, or Kaman, etc etc

Kobe will put himself above the team as always, and as always his dumb stans in LA will somehow force themselves not to see it.

:lol

Meticode
10-14-2013, 06:52 PM
keep him and sign him for cheap this summer. recruit his brother Marc gasol in 2015

not a single trade u mentioned benefits the lakers and their plans
Fair enough, we will see.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
10-14-2013, 06:53 PM
Yep, Only one LA based writer has taken this topic up and after a check with the Lakers she posted

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 48m
Lakers insist @paugasol is still very much their guy for this year. See him as a key for them this year.

the 1 guy i wont mind them trading is Steve Nash...nothing left in tank..season not fully started and he is injured already

see if Raptors can give us Lowry back...nash sells tickets there

see if Indy gives u back Granger...they need his decision making against heat and their team defense can help him hide somewhere...in regular season hill can play all the mins while nash rests

maybe Knicks are dumb enough to give him for Shumpert?

Meticode
10-14-2013, 06:54 PM
they have said 100 times they want the cap flexibility for next summer and after that.

thats the reason they signed everybody to a yr contract. other than nash,sacre, young everybody expires....

there is no way they take on Wallace's ugly contract when they can use that capspace wisely next yr

u are asking people to post logical answers but u are suggesting that gasol needs to be traded for Nelson, Wallace :banghead:
Just calm down, it's just a trade scenario. :oldlol:

NumberSix
Rondo?

gts
What are their plans?Keeping cap space and options open for next year and the following for a ground up rebuild

gts
10-14-2013, 07:01 PM
the 1 guy i wont mind them trading is Steve Nash...nothing left in tank..season not fully started and he is injured already

see if Raptors can give us Lowry back...nash sells tickets there

see if Indy gives u back Granger...they need his decision making against heat and their team defense can help him hide somewhere...in regular season hill can play all the mins while nash rests

maybe Knicks are dumb enough to give him for Shumpert?

I honestly think it would take Nash coming to them this season for a trade to happen.

Maybe next summer something would shake out but this season I see the roster as being fairly set in stone. The one thing that could or would change that scenario is if the Lakers were actually doing much better than expected and a trade would put them in contention or the opposite happens and they are in the cellar so far out of it at the trade deadline and a trade sets them up with something for next year.

Contracts like Gasol's are no longer all the rage, big expiring contracts don't carry the weight they used to

longtime lurker
10-14-2013, 07:18 PM
This rumour is bullshit. Happens every year with Gasol, Lakers know how integral he is to the team and they aren't going to trade him. The only scenario that's realistic is getting Rondo, but taking on Gerald Wallace's awful contract kills any chance of that happening.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
10-14-2013, 07:20 PM
Just calm down, it's just a trade scenario. :oldlol:

lol sure...a meaningful convo on ish :cheers: ??

PickernRoller
10-14-2013, 07:31 PM
Pau and Blake for Rose and Noah.

Unfair for the Lakers if you ask me. Throw in Jimmy Butler and we just might consider it.

------------------
The inbreeding of shith0les in this forum:

"hEY BUDDY I NOTICED YOU HAD A NEUTRAL REP SO HERES A NEG F@GGOT SAY SOMETHING AND ME AND MY GOON SQUAD WILL BREAK INTO YOUR HOME FVCK YOUR PARENTS IN ALL 3 HOLES AND DROWN THEM IN SEM3N - JEFF (CLICK THE ADS)"

NumberSix
10-14-2013, 07:31 PM
This rumour is bullshit. Happens every year with Gasol, Lakers know how integral he is to the team and they aren't going to trade him. The only scenario that's realistic is getting Rondo, but taking on Gerald Wallace's awful contract kills any chance of that happening.
And every year it's true. They DO offer him up every season. They DID successfully trade him for Chris Paul.

scm5
10-14-2013, 07:40 PM
I don't understand why unless the Lakers really are looking to tank and is just using this as an excuse.

Without Pau, we'd have a hard time making the playoffs with this roster, even if we got Rondo out of the deal.

KG215
10-14-2013, 07:46 PM

Makes sense for both teams if it's the goal of Chicago's GM to get fired.

macmac
10-14-2013, 08:03 PM
Gasol and a first for Lowry and gay I would do gladly as a raps fan

QuebecBaller
10-14-2013, 08:50 PM
Gasol and a first for Lowry and gay I would do gladly as a raps fan

I had the same idea :cheers:

Chrono90
10-14-2013, 08:54 PM
It took them this long to figure out Nash isn't worth it anymore....

And they're still using MDA as a head coach....

Bad decisions....

livingby3's
10-14-2013, 09:20 PM
makes me think the Lakers want that potent scoring PG on the Cavs. Kyrie's definitely the type of player the Lakers need, to move past a Kobe era.

Though no players on the Lake's roster is enough to net Kyrie.

LongLiveTheKing
10-14-2013, 09:24 PM

Best trade ever! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
You should be a GM.

TheMarkMadsen
10-14-2013, 09:27 PM
Best trade ever! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
You should be a GM.

Thank you, I try to stay humble

wakencdukest
10-14-2013, 09:29 PM
If Pau gets traded, it will be the ultimate tank job. No point guard in the league will be able to do anything with the left over roster. I don't really see it happening.

boozehound
10-14-2013, 09:42 PM
The trades I posted are the onyl ones that are feesible to me. I would think Irving, Rose and some other PGs are untouchable right now. Those guys I mentioned aren't IMO.
yeah, none of those trades were terrible. As a pistons fan, Im certainly ok with the stuckey and CV. It does muddy the frontcourt even further, but pau is still a very good player.

Real Men Wear Green
10-14-2013, 10:04 PM
That isn't realistic. If the Cs deal Rondo they'll want more than just cap space.

TheMarkMadsen
10-14-2013, 10:16 PM
That isn't realistic. If the Cs deal Rondo they'll want more than just cap space.

That's where Steve Blake comes in

Real Men Wear Green
10-14-2013, 10:33 PM
That's where Steve Blake comes in
Who? You really think a rebuilding team needs an old back-up point guard?

VIntageNOvel
10-14-2013, 11:04 PM

Makes sense for both teams if it's the goal of Chicago's GM to get fired.

If you're talking about ISH GM
you can easily trade gasol (real FMVP 2010) for rose (amnesia) or melo (fat chucker) and would still get some pick in return :lol

poido123
10-14-2013, 11:39 PM

longtime lurker
10-14-2013, 11:55 PM

None of us thought the Lakers could land Chris Paul but they somehow pulled it off. I'm not saying a trade for Rondo has any legs, but based on where the Celtics are right now it could be a possibility. It's more grounded in reality than pipe dreams like Kyrie Irving or Derek Rose.

Yao Ming's Foot
10-15-2013, 12:01 AM
Is this the thread where everybody who likes to prop up Pau Gasol gets nervous about their team actually trading anybody worthwhile for him?

bdreason
10-15-2013, 12:03 AM
Lakers aren't getting any young, legit talent for Gasol. They will end up letting him expire and walk for the cap space.

Bobcats2013
10-15-2013, 12:09 AM
Has anyone considered perhaps MCW? Brett Brown is high on Tony Wroten because MCW is still developing his shot.

kNicKz
10-15-2013, 12:10 AM
Nobody wants that contract

LosBulls
10-15-2013, 12:27 AM
Gilbert Arenas is still a free agent.

irondarts
10-15-2013, 12:33 AM
lol @ people actually thinking TheMarkMadsen is being serious.

HeatFanSince88
10-15-2013, 12:34 AM
i would LOVE Gasol on Miami. you think the lakers would rather get chalmers or cole for him? id be willing to trade either.

qrich
10-15-2013, 02:41 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lysvhq8

Done

robert de niro
10-15-2013, 04:01 AM
would love to see the lakers tanking without pau

kshutts1
10-15-2013, 07:07 AM
Pau for Boozer, Teague and Charlotte's pick?

Pau is significantly better than Boozer, so this trade completes two things...
1) Chicago improves a lot this year, giving them an even better shot at toppling Miami.
2) Lakers get worse, with a legit trade (instead of obvious tanking), thus giving them a higher pick this year and they get Charlotte's pick sometime in the next 3 years.

Real Men Wear Green
10-15-2013, 08:34 AM
None of us thought the Lakers could land Chris Paul but they somehow pulled it off. I'm not saying a trade for Rondo has any legs, but based on where the Celtics are right now it could be a possibility. It's more grounded in reality than pipe dreams like Kyrie Irving or Derek Rose.
There's nothing realistic about it. There's no benefit to it for the Celtics, you just think it could happen because it benefits the Lakers. The CP3 deal that didn't happen has no relevance to this, that deal wasn't made with Ainge and the Celtics. While it's true that Gasol won't get them Rose or Irving there is no reason why it gets the Lakers Rondo either.

poido123
10-15-2013, 10:07 AM

1) Chicago improves a lot this year, giving them an even better shot at toppling Miami.
2) Lakers get worse, with a legit trade (instead of obvious tanking), thus giving them a higher pick this year and they get Charlotte's pick sometime in the next 3 years.

Gasol would help the Bulls alot.

I'm happy with what we've got though

3peated
10-15-2013, 10:14 AM

this is a good idea. i dont like boozer much byut i think its a smart move. id prefer they get rid of blake too. hee doesnt produce at all

bagelred
10-15-2013, 10:36 AM
Whenever you can trade Pau Gasol for DJ Augustin, you just HAVE to do it.

poido123
10-15-2013, 11:10 AM
this is a good idea. i dont like boozer much byut i think its a smart move. id prefer they get rid of blake too. hee doesnt produce at all

I wish you were the GM. :rockon:

kurple
10-15-2013, 11:38 AM
i'd love Pau in Denver (wouldnt give Ty). would be a great fit under Shaw

livinglegend
10-15-2013, 11:57 AM
Pau and Blake for Rose and Noah.

Unfair for the Lakers if you ask me. Throw in Jimmy Butler and we just might consider it.

------------------
The inbreeding of shith0les in this forum:

"hEY BUDDY I NOTICED YOU HAD A NEUTRAL REP SO HERES A NEG F@GGOT SAY SOMETHING AND ME AND MY GOON SQUAD WILL BREAK INTO YOUR HOME FVCK YOUR PARENTS IN ALL 3 HOLES AND DROWN THEM IN SEM3N - JEFF (CLICK THE ADS)"

:lol :lol