PDA

View Full Version : Lyrics in rap is irrelevant

Ca$H
10-15-2013, 03:44 AM
I mean who the hell cares about the content of what they are saying? Jay Z is considered one the GOATS and he dedicated an entire song to a homosexual clothing designer, Tom Ford. Eminem sounds like a a constipated, whiny white boy. It is all about the voice and flow.

kNIOKAS
10-15-2013, 03:47 AM
Even on an indefensible point you managed to contradict yourself. Keep working.

IamRAMBO24
10-15-2013, 03:51 AM
:facepalm

This is the reason why I don't listen to rap anymore. You hacks are turning a once creative art form into nothing more than sh*t you can bump your head to while getting high off of weed.

Ca$H
10-15-2013, 03:56 AM

This is the reason why I don't listen to rap anymore. You hacks are turning a once creative art form into nothing more than sh*t you can bump your head to while getting high off of weed.

I don't pop molly. I rock Tom Ford is creative art ? Why the hell would a rapper dedicate a song to a homosexual clothing designer?

IamRAMBO24
10-15-2013, 04:01 AM
I don't pop molly. I rock Tom Ford is creative art ? Why the hell would a rapper dedicate a song to a homosexual clothing designer?

Fallacy: you assume Jay Z is a true artist. He's nothing more than a hack; he appeals to the mainstream who only wants to bump and grind to rap music. Rap is a form of art; you just need to delve a bit further to find lyrical rappers who say sh*t with meaning. That's art. You can't have art without meaning.

G-Funk
10-15-2013, 04:04 AM
2pac
Kendrick
DMX
Eminem
Nas
Dr.Dre
Wu tang
Biggie
J Cole
Dj Quik
Snoop Doggy Dogg
Kanye

is what i listen to mostly.

MetsPackers
10-15-2013, 04:23 AM
I mean who the hell cares about the content of what they are saying?.

Oh I don't know, maybe real hip hop fans?

East_Stone_Ya
10-15-2013, 06:01 AM
I mean who the hell cares about the content of what they are

because not all are beat monkeys

Trollsmasher
10-15-2013, 06:30 AM
I agree with the title of this thread if you remove the first two words.

nathanjizzle
10-15-2013, 06:46 AM
Producers are the real artists, rappers are just one of a few tools

CelticBaller
10-15-2013, 07:38 AM
He's to classy (wears tom ford suit) to pop molly, dissing the molly trend :confusedshrug:

Not hard to understand

Fresh Kid
10-15-2013, 08:15 AM
maybe cuz jay z iz gay himself.

Fresh Kid
10-15-2013, 08:17 AM
Producers are the real artists, rappers are just one of a few tools
you are incorrect:no:

Fresh Kid
10-15-2013, 08:22 AM
lyrics are irrelevant mainstream wise, because of tha record executives and tha phucked up people who are higher than dem that's behind tha scenes, and thats tha problem, lyrics can be relevant again only if they have that overral package that will appeal to tha masses, its gonna take some real talent for that to occur these dayz.

FiveRings
10-15-2013, 08:29 AM
Jay Z doesn't do rap music. He's a c*ck sucking pop artist.

Fresh Kid
10-15-2013, 08:34 AM
Jay Z doesn't do rap music. He's a c*ck sucking pop artist.
yea it irritates me how thousands of people put that camel niguh on their top 5 rappers of all time, and he stoled mad niguhs rhymes:facepalm

OhNoTimNoSho
10-15-2013, 08:38 AM
That tom ford beat is art, its on some crazy shit, straight fire, but the lyrics are corny, Jay Z is like 45 years old he aint got shit to rap about. But he got flow.

Is it transcendent art that will last for years? no. Is it some hot shit to blast with your speakers on max? yes. Even 30 second commercials are art, regardless if you like em or not.

Fresh Kid
10-15-2013, 08:46 AM
That tom ford beat is art, its on some crazy shit, straight fire, but the lyrics are corny, Jay Z is like 45 years old he aint got shit to rap about. But he got flow.

Is it transcendent art that will last for years? no. Is it some hot shit to blast with your speakers on max? yes. Even 30 second commercials are art, regardless if you like em or not.
i wouldn't call it art i would call it gay art since its about a gay man.

MavsSuperFan
10-15-2013, 09:48 AM
I mean who the hell cares about the content of what they are saying? Jay Z is considered one the GOATS and he dedicated an entire song to a homosexual clothing designer, Tom Ford. Eminem sounds like a a constipated, whiny white boy. It is all about the voice and flow.

If those 2 statements are true, then why is he successful? Could it be people look past his voice and appreciate his lyrics?
I am honestly asking I dont know much about rap

tmacattack33
10-15-2013, 10:27 AM

That is why i liked rap too...until i turned 15 and my friend started schooling me on the art - the punchlines, multi-syllable rhymes, content, and overall meaning of a song.

I was amazed at what I had been missing.

I mean i still like listening to a song that just sounds nice sonically though...like when i'm driving or working out and won't be paying attention to the lyrical content. But there's a whole other side of it if you start paying attention to the content.

christian1923
10-15-2013, 10:57 AM
If those 2 statements are true, then why is he successful? Could it be people look past his voice and appreciate his lyrics?
I am honestly asking I dont know much about rap

Cause of how good he was in the past.

tmacattack33
10-15-2013, 10:59 AM
yea it irritates me how thousands of people put that camel niguh on their top 5 rappers of all time, and he stoled mad niguhs rhymes:facepalm

Please, he stole like 5 lines...and even if it is actually 40 or so lines, that still doesn't mean sh*t because in total he has written about 10,000 lines over his career.

Fresh Kid
10-15-2013, 11:50 AM
Please, he stole like 5 lines...and even if it is actually 40 or so lines, that still doesn't mean sh*t because in total he has written about 10,000 lines over his career.
i dont care if tha niguh had a million lines, stealing other rappers lines iz not right, and makes him a copier not original. plus he stoled wayy more than 5 lines, Camron put him on blast about it, years ago.

iggy>
10-15-2013, 12:01 PM
Alot of crybabies on this website. You should all consider suicide.

OhNoTimNoSho
10-15-2013, 12:03 PM
i dont care if tha niguh had a million lines, stealing other rappers lines iz not right, and makes him a copier not original. plus he stoled wayy more than 5 lines, Camron put him on blast about it, years ago.
***** whats not right is your english.

oh the horror
10-15-2013, 12:07 PM
What's funny is the fact that the people here that do not appreciate lyrics are the same that cannot seem to form coherent sentences.

Fresh Kid
10-15-2013, 12:15 PM
***** whats not right is your english.
niguh thiz iz tha way i choose to talk and im still making valid points partna!:coleman:

Fresh Kid
10-15-2013, 12:17 PM
What's funny is the fact that the people here that do not appreciate lyrics are the same that cannot seem to form coherent sentences.
i appreciate lyrics tho u dumb motha phucker :coleman:

LakersDaBEst
10-15-2013, 12:21 PM
Maybe you should start using rap genius

Nastradamus
10-15-2013, 01:16 PM

Artists borrow from past artists in every art form.

ace23
10-15-2013, 01:20 PM
Lyrics in rap is irrelevant
0/10

CelticBaller
10-15-2013, 01:23 PM
bingo

Fresh Kid
10-15-2013, 02:35 PM
Maybe you should start using rap genius
mainstream lyrics these dayz are wack anyway, even if u use rap genius, they will still be wack, rap iz dying bro.

Fresh Kid
10-15-2013, 02:39 PM
Artists borrow from past artists in every art form.
but tha way jay z do it iz not acceptable at all, that not kool to copy mad lines from niguhs, especially since people consider that doof a damn legend, he dont deserve that title:no:

KobesFinger
10-15-2013, 04:29 PM
but tha way jay z do it iz not acceptable at all, that not kool to copy mad lines from niguhs, especially since people consider that doof a damn legend, he dont deserve that title:no:

What about songs where he doesn't bite?

DonDadda59
10-15-2013, 05:01 PM

Exactly the mentality that's responsible for the wasteland that is rap nowadays. Now the kids who took the short bus to school are running the game.

And Jay-Z sold out a long time ago, even admits as much. He tried to make up for it by 'retiring' with the Black Album, but since he came back it's been like 90% pop garbage talking about old rich guy shit no one can relate too. 'Tom Ford' is just a blatant rip off of 'Bad Girls' by MIA btw.

When Jay Z is motivated, he is an ATG though.

LikeABosh
10-15-2013, 05:21 PM
Whoever thinks this most likely think n.iggas like 2chanz, chief keef, and waka flocka are good rappers

Swaggin916
10-15-2013, 06:07 PM
I agree to a degree... too often lyricists just cram too many words together and it takes too much work to try and comprehend. You can have powerful lyrics with a slow Lil Wayne like flow to me... otherwise I'm with the OP it's just flow and rhythm. That is just me personally though. I can't really listen to the music and a bunch of words at the same time and because I like music more I generally choose to listen to that.

MadeFromDust
10-15-2013, 07:29 PM
I agree. The gheys are ruining rap. Pretty much anything they touch turns rotten :rolleyes:

Bless Mathews
10-15-2013, 08:12 PM
Word. Fucc Jay z. Corn ball shit ...

He NEEDS to sell millions. Sells out and make songs about homosexual clothing designers and paintings??!!?? Whole songs???? C'mon maaaannnnn

DonD13
10-16-2013, 04:33 AM
mainstream lyrics these dayz are wack anyway, even if u use rap genius, they will still be wack, rap iz dying bro.

could you maybe post some of the great lyrics from the past or give us some examples?

TIA