PDA

View Full Version : lebron comes up with his own lion essay

inclinerator
10-15-2013, 08:52 PM
When people think about the killer instinct, they always think of MJ and Kobe. Do people underestimate your killer instinct? People say you have it but not like those two. Do you think you have it like they do?

Ahh. I'll just put it this way, man. There are different ways to hunt. I watch the Discovery Channel all the time, and you look at all these animals in the wild. And they all hunt a different way to feed their families. They all kill a different way. Lions do it strategically -- two females will lead, and then everybody else will come in. Hyenas will just go for it. There are different ways to kill, and I don't think people understand that. Everybody wants everybody to kill the same way. Everybody wants everybody to kill like MJ or kill like Kobe. Magic didn't kill the way they killed. Does that mean he didn't have a killer instinct? Kareem didn't either. But does that mean Kareem didn't have a killer instinct? The same with Bird. That doesn't mean you don't have a killer instinct. Tim Duncan don't kill like Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant, but I've played against Tim Duncan twice in the Finals and I know for sure he's got a killer instinct. So there are different ways to kill. MJ had a killer instinct for sure. But if people really think that MJ didn't talk to nobody and didn't smile on the court, they're crazy. They're crazy. I've seen him. I was watching a clip the other day of him blocking Charles Barkley, and they're laughing about the play -- on the floor. Right now, if I block Kevin Durant on the floor, or I block Carmelo Anthony and we laugh about it? Ahh, I'm going to get killed [laughing]. I'm telling you. But there are different ways of killing.

Do you think you'll change people's minds about that?

I hope. I hope. I hope people will see that there are different ways of winning. And I win by … I don't want to say doing it my way. I am doing it my way but not in a selfish way. I want to win by having fun and having a brotherhood around me where we all have the same goals -- and that's just going out and winning, man. When I'm having fun, I'm loving the game, and that's what brings joy to me. [Leans back and smiles] Every now and then my look comes out, though -- like Game 6 in Boston [2012]. People say, Why don't he do that all the time? [laughs] Man, I don't even … first of all, I have no idea why that look even happened. Somebody took a great photo. The camera was right on time, and he happened to get me when I was a little bit tired and I looked up. Bam! Now, it's The Look [laughs]. It's the LeBron Look. The LeBron Face [laughs]. It's cool, though. It's cool. Don't think for one second, though, that I'm not zeroed in on what I need to get done to kill my prey.[/quote]

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/lebron-james-explains-personal-version-killer-instinct-001246015--nba.html

CelticBaller
10-15-2013, 08:55 PM
pauk will be proud

SamuraiSWISH
10-15-2013, 08:56 PM
pauk is LeBron?

Mind blown.

In all seriousness, I noticed this. Lions have always been LeBron's favorite animal.

DaSeba5
10-15-2013, 08:57 PM
He doesn't play like Kobe and Jordan, so people need to stop telling him to chuck more and have a "killer instinct." I'll take efficient basketball any day. He's won 2 titles and 4 MVPs; I think his style of play has been a positive for him.

Haymaker
10-15-2013, 08:59 PM
Too long.

CavaliersFTW
10-15-2013, 09:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV1wATe1sNs

andremiller07
10-15-2013, 09:17 PM
During a mating bout lions have sex 20 to 40 times a day for a couple of days.

Female lions will sometimes sneak out and have sex with a lion which is not in their pride.
From Cleveland to Miami?

By doing this, females will always end up with the larger or more healthy males
D-Wade?
http://qi.com/infocloud/lions

Doranku
10-15-2013, 09:20 PM
From Cleveland to Miami?

http://qi.com/infocloud/lions
:roll: :roll: :roll:

chazzy
10-15-2013, 10:02 PM
pauk = Lebron confirmed

KG215
10-15-2013, 10:12 PM
20 to 40 times a day for two straight days, so they have sex 40-80 times in two days?

Lions are the Wilt Chamberlain of the animal kingdom?

CelticBaller
10-15-2013, 10:15 PM
20 to 40 times a day for two straight days? So they have sex 40-80 times in two days?

So Lions are the Wilt Chamberlain of the animal kingdom?
No wonder wilt killed that mountain lion, he was trying to establish himself as the king of ALL the kingdoms :lol

ripthekik
10-15-2013, 11:00 PM
pauk = Lebron confirmed
so after getting blocked by kobe in the all star game he went back home fuming and started posted angrily on ISH about lions :lol

jstern
10-15-2013, 11:04 PM
it's annoying when people put Kobe's "Killer instinct" in the same sentence as Jordan's, since Kobe is so contrived personality wise. I like Kobe, but his killer instinct personality is so fake. Like they asked him if could play in the pre season, and he said he would have played if it was the playoff. No body asked him that and he just comes off so fake, trying to fit Jordan's killer instinct image. But I guess it works for him, it's just annoying when people fall for it. Especially those who are too young to have seen the Jordan persona.

TheMilkyBarKid
10-15-2013, 11:27 PM
it's annoying when people put Kobe's "Killer instinct" in the same sentence as Jordan's, since Kobe is so contrived personality wise personality wise. I like Kobe, but his killer instinct personality is so fake. Like they asked him if could play in the pre season, and he said he would have played if it was the playoff. No body asked him that and he just comes off so fake, trying to fit Jordan's killer instinct image. But I guess it works for him, it's just annoying when people fall for it. Especially those who are too young to have seen the Jordan persona.
I cannot agree more, its been done before and much better.
I don't know why Kobe gets so much love for his apparent persona yet bird barely gets a mention. Dude got under people's skin, just ask Dr j.

branslowski
10-15-2013, 11:35 PM
it's annoying when people put Kobe's "Killer instinct" in the same sentence as Jordan's, since Kobe is so contrived personality wise personality wise. I like Kobe, but his killer instinct personality is so fake. Like they asked him if could play in the pre season, and he said he would have played if it was the playoff. No body asked him that and he just comes off so fake, trying to fit Jordan's killer instinct image. But I guess it works for him, it's just annoying when people fall for it. Especially those who are too young to have seen the Jordan persona.

Meh, you honestly just sound like a butthurt Kobe hater who looks too much into shit. You assume every positive moment of his is fake, yet if he says something that fits ur agenda ull run with it.

Case in point his comment about playing in preseason. What he said is true. He's dominated playoffs, he's won 5 titles, he has the will to win, so ofcource he'd be back if it was playoffs, nothing was wrong with his comment, but ofcource ur butthurt ass assumes It's fake because it'll be viewed as a positive. Yet, if he bashes a teammate ull run to the Hills with that like "see see, bad teammate, bad leader, he meant those words".

Seriously, stop being butt hurt, it ain't cute.

chazzy
10-15-2013, 11:37 PM
lol

Heavincent
10-15-2013, 11:38 PM

Uh no. Kobe is legitimately obsessed with basketball and winning in general. That part of his personality is not fake at all.

ripthekik
10-15-2013, 11:45 PM
it's annoying when people put Kobe's "Killer instinct" in the same sentence as Jordan's, since Kobe is so contrived personality wise. I like Kobe, but his killer instinct personality is so fake. Like they asked him if could play in the pre season, and he said he would have played if it was the playoff. No body asked him that and he just comes off so fake, trying to fit Jordan's killer instinct image. But I guess it works for him, it's just annoying when people fall for it. Especially those who are too young to have seen the Jordan persona.
Question for you. If today was really the playoffs, do you think Kobe will play?

If even you think he would, then he's not lying and it's not contrived and he's just telling the truth about his situation, isn't he?
However if you believe he's just saying it and he won't actually play, then everything you said will make sense.

jstern
10-15-2013, 11:58 PM
Question for you. If today was really the playoffs, do you think Kobe will play?

If even you think he would, then he's not lying and it's not contrived and he's just telling the truth about his situation, isn't he?
However if you believe he's just saying it and he won't actually play, then everything you said will make sense.
I believe he would play, but he's taking advantage of the question to show what killer instinct he has, what a warrior he is. Again, I have no real problem with Kobe doing that, because it's like self hypnosis in a way, makes him work harder, it's just that unfortunately all these people just eat up.

I'm not putting Kobe down, because those were my feelings towards him when he came in the league and I was a somewhat big fan of him. It was like he's trying to fit into this Jordan media image. Fit into the image that the media has of players like Bird, Jordan. So it wasn't a feeling that I had of him due to try to criticize him since I didn't think any of it. Just pure sincere, obvious thought. The problem came when I started going to YouTube a few years ago and was introduced to the Kobe stans.

lol

What's so funny? I like Kobe.

NumberSix
10-16-2013, 12:12 AM
OP is a Phaggit (lol. Yes, I know)

Scholar
10-16-2013, 12:13 AM
Well, LeBron's style of "killer instinct" is working for him. 4 MVPs and 2 rings don't lie. Good for him.

ripthekik
10-16-2013, 12:17 AM
Well, LeBron's style of "killer instinct" is working for him. 4 MVPs and 2 rings don't lie. Good for him.
If he had MJ/Kobe killer instinct, he would probably have done much better than that and wouldn't have had to team up with other superstars to win. Someone with a killer instinct doesn't do that. That's why he's different. But it is what it is, he chose the easy path.. that's what he wants, and that's how he got his rings.

TheMilkyBarKid
10-16-2013, 12:25 AM
If he had MJ/Kobe killer instinct, he would probably have done much better than that and wouldn't have had to team up with other superstars to win. Someone with a killer instinct doesn't do that. That's why he's different. But it is what it is, he chose the easy path.. that's what he wants, and that's how he got his rings.
You sound like a butthurt LeBron hater. Dude has won all the truly important awards the last 2 years, he even polled pretty well in dpoy last season. How does that make you feel?

CavaliersFTW
10-16-2013, 12:35 AM
You sound like a butthurt LeBron hater. Dude has won all the truly important awards the last 2 years, he even polled pretty well in dpoy last season. How does that make you feel?
Ripthekik is a great poster, not a Lebron hater. He speaks the truth, the truth just happens to sting Lebron's delusional fanbase and bandwagon "Heat fans" with all their insecurities.

chazzy
10-16-2013, 12:53 AM
I believe he would play, but he's taking advantage of the question to show what killer instinct he has, what a warrior he is. Again, I have no real problem with Kobe doing that, because it's like self hypnosis in a way, makes him work harder, it's just that unfortunately all these people just eat up.
Lol. All these paragraphs for absolutely no reason. How is he taking advantage of a question by answering what was asked?

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing
I told Kobe he would obviously play if this was the playoffs. He laughed and said: "Yeah, I'd get out there and do something."

DaSeba5
10-16-2013, 01:01 AM
Ripthekik is a great poster, not a Lebron hater. He speaks the truth, the truth just happens to sting Lebron's delusional fanbase and bandwagon "Heat fans" with all their insecurities.

God I hope this is sarcasm

CavaliersFTW
10-16-2013, 01:39 AM
:D

jstern
10-16-2013, 01:48 AM
Lol. All these paragraphs for absolutely no reason. How is he taking advantage of a question by answering what was asked?

I saw it on ESPN, in their context. None the less Kobe still lives the contrived I'm just like Michael Jordan fantasy, which helps him a lot. But if he was asked that question, then no problem with his answer.

TheMilkyBarKid
10-16-2013, 02:03 AM
Let the troll answer for himself. Did wilt have the killer instinct anyway? It is you who's obsessed with him right?

ripthekik
10-16-2013, 02:25 AM
Thanks for the appreciation bruh. :cheers:
I do my best to speak the truth and be impartial at all times.

Nothing special. He only got those rings after having a stacked team and the odds all in his favor. He was supposed to win. Not sure why I'm supposed to be impressed when a team that has 3 of the east's all star starters beat up other teams that have injured and old players.

TheMilkyBarKid
10-16-2013, 02:58 AM
Nothing special. He only got those rings after having a stacked team and the odds all in his favor. He was supposed to win. Not sure why I'm supposed to be impressed when a team that has 3 of the east's all star starters beat up other teams that have injured and old players.
Still both rings are more impressive than kobes 09 ring.
Especially considering bosh went down with injury for a fair chunk of the playoffs in 12 and wade playing at about 50% this past postseason.

Bandito
10-16-2013, 05:56 AM
Don't be hater bu.:no:

BoutPractice
10-16-2013, 07:59 AM
First thing I thought of when I read the interview. That lion essay was legendary.

FultzNationRISE
06-27-2023, 12:40 AM
LeZoologist :applause:

Full Court
06-27-2023, 11:00 AM
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.westernjournal.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2023%2F01%2Flebron-sbs-lebron-for-jan.-29-2023.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=3828ac42291f78fe2f5d0ebe3b4ebbdffece8f6239c93a 2557c008fa15c22534&ipo=images

RogueBorg
06-27-2023, 02:53 PM
LeHunter

https://delta-associates.com/wp-content/uploads/wile.gif

meat
06-27-2023, 03:50 PM
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.westernjournal.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2023%2F01%2Flebron-sbs-lebron-for-jan.-29-2023.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=3828ac42291f78fe2f5d0ebe3b4ebbdffece8f6239c93a 2557c008fa15c22534&ipo=images

Now THAT is the LeBron look now. Acting like his whole family got murdered right before his eyes.

FultzNationRISE
05-29-2024, 09:58 PM
When people think about the killer instinct, they always think of MJ and Kobe. Do people underestimate your killer instinct? People say you have it but not like those two. Do you think you have it like they do?

Ahh. I'll just put it this way, man. There are different ways to hunt. I watch the Discovery Channel all the time, and you look at all these animals in the wild. And they all hunt a different way to feed their families. They all kill a different way. Lions do it strategically -- two females will lead, and then everybody else will come in. Hyenas will just go for it. There are different ways to kill, and I don't think people understand that. Everybody wants everybody to kill the same way. Everybody wants everybody to kill like MJ or kill like Kobe. Magic didn't kill the way they killed. Does that mean he didn't have a killer instinct? Kareem didn't either. But does that mean Kareem didn't have a killer instinct? The same with Bird. That doesn't mean you don't have a killer instinct. Tim Duncan don't kill like Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant, but I've played against Tim Duncan twice in the Finals and I know for sure he's got a killer instinct. So there are different ways to kill. MJ had a killer instinct for sure. But if people really think that MJ didn't talk to nobody and didn't smile on the court, they're crazy. They're crazy. I've seen him. I was watching a clip the other day of him blocking Charles Barkley, and they're laughing about the play -- on the floor. Right now, if I block Kevin Durant on the floor, or I block Carmelo Anthony and we laugh about it? Ahh, I'm going to get killed [laughing]. I'm telling you. But there are different ways of killing.

Do you think you'll change people's minds about that?

I hope. I hope. I hope people will see that there are different ways of winning. And I win by … I don't want to say doing it my way. I am doing it my way but not in a selfish way. I want to win by having fun and having a brotherhood around me where we all have the same goals -- and that's just going out and winning, man. When I'm having fun, I'm loving the game, and that's what brings joy to me. [Leans back and smiles] Every now and then my look comes out, though -- like Game 6 in Boston [2012]. People say, Why don't he do that all the time? [laughs] Man, I don't even … first of all, I have no idea why that look even happened. Somebody took a great photo. The camera was right on time, and he happened to get me when I was a little bit tired and I looked up. Bam! Now, it's The Look [laughs]. It's the LeBron Look. The LeBron Face [laughs]. It's cool, though. It's cool. Don't think for one second, though, that I'm not zeroed in on what I need to get done to kill my prey.

What an INSANELY beautiful and informative piece of literature :biggums: :applause: