PDA

View Full Version : LeBron Faces Significantly Worse Opposition than Kobe/MJ In The Playoffs

Doranku
10-15-2013, 10:15 PM
MJ's opponents:

Average wins - 53.54
Average offensive ranking - 8.86
Average defensive ranking - 8.46

Kobe's opponents:

Average wins - 54.42
Average offensive ranking - 8.65
Average defensive ranking - 8.12

LeBron's opponents:

Average wins - 50.08
Average offensive ranking - 13.04
Average defensive ranking - 8.60

All face comparable defenses, but LeBron faces much worse overall and offensively capable teams.

What do we make of this, ISH? :confusedshrug:

FreezingTsmoove
10-15-2013, 10:17 PM
Significantly worse yet this thread clearly shows Lennon played tougher defenses in the finals......

HoopsFanNumero1
10-15-2013, 10:31 PM
Please stop grouping Kobe in the same category with MJ.

aj1987
10-15-2013, 10:38 PM
All face comparable defenses, but LeBron faces much worse overall and offensively capable teams.

Lebron and Kobe's opponents in the Finals

Lebron:

Average Wins - 58
Defensive Rank - 7
Offensive Rank - 4.5

Kobe:

Average Wins - 54.6
Defensive Rank - 5
Offensive Rank - 11.4

Kobe in the Finals - 25/6/5/2/1 on 41%
Lebron in the Fianls - 23/9/7/2/1 on 44%

OldSkoolball#52
10-15-2013, 10:47 PM
Please stop grouping Kobe in the same category with MJ.

And Lebron for that matter.

tpols
10-15-2013, 10:48 PM
Significantly worse yet this thread clearly shows Lennon played tougher defenses in the finals......
Nah.. Lebron has played better defenses pre-Finals than Kobe because the east is stacked with scrappy one star teams who are devoid of offensive talent so they compensate with all around contributions in rebounding/defense. Teams like

Detroit
Nets
Bulls
Indiana

and then to a lesser extent sixers, bucks, wizards, etc. Good defensive teams but they have little offensive talent and no stars to lead the way how Lebron/Wade can.

Boston is the only worthy eastern opponent Bron has ever really faced that can step to his team both offensively and defensively and they were exiting their primes just as Lebron joined forces in Miami.

Brons Finals competition has been weaker defensively and the two strongest defensive opponents Bron faced, 07 and 13 spurs, are teams Kobe has regularly had huge success against deep in the playoffs(because Kobes style is anti-spur.. pop tries to man up and psych out stars.. thats just a challenege for kobe.. bron not so much).

ripthekik
10-15-2013, 10:58 PM
Lebron fans have hide this fact for years. Every year, Lebron faces the easiest playoff opponent ever.
List ALL THE TEAMS he played in the 1st round throughout his career. Like seriously.

He's that dude that takes the easiest path available.. that's why lebron fans are now scared Rose is back to take away the easy path.

Doranku
10-15-2013, 10:58 PM
Lebron and Kobe's opponents in the Finals

Lebron:

Average Wins - 58
Defensive Rank - 7
Offensive Rank - 4.5

Kobe:

Average Wins - 54.6
Defensive Rank - 5
Offensive Rank - 11.4

Kobe in the Finals - 25/6/5/2/1 on 41%
Lebron in the Fianls - 23/9/7/2/1 on 44%

Incorrect.

Lebron:

Average Wins - 57.8
Defensive Rank - 6
Offensive Rank - 5.5

2-2

Kobe:

Average Wins - 56.1
Defensive Rank - 4
Offensive Rank - 12.1

5-2

Trollsmasher
10-15-2013, 11:28 PM
LeBron >>> Kobe

:confusedshrug:

Young X
10-15-2013, 11:33 PM
dat leastern conference

SamuraiSWISH
10-16-2013, 12:19 AM
dat leastern conference
That struggle they had through such a weak playoff competition relative to their own talent level in 2013 was utterly embarrassing.

plowking
10-16-2013, 12:32 AM
MJ was barely scraping into the playoffs or making low seeds for the majority of 80's. Whats the point of this? Of course hes going to face teams with more wins when his team wasn't that good to begin with.

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is. The whole point of playing well in the regular season is to get easier opponents.

It'd be interesting to see the offensive and defensive ratings for each, and not just ranking, since it doesn't really identify shit.

SamuraiSWISH
10-16-2013, 12:38 AM
MJ was barely scraping into the playoffs or making low seeds for the majority of 80's.
With coked out Orlando Woolridge, and Dave Corzine as his best players? Playing against arguably some of the greatest teams of all-time: '86 Celtics, Bad Boy Pistons. That's quite a feat.

LeBron competing against Gilbert Arenas Wizards. haha

Wasn't until Mike finally started to rub off on Scottie Pippen's soft ass around '89 - '90 that they were talented enough outside of Jordan to do something.

MJ's Bulls teams with developmental Pippen were less talented than LeBron's 2005 - 2010: Larry Hughes, Mo Williams, Shaquille O'Neal, Ben Wallace, Delonte West, Anderson Varejao, Big Z, Boobie Gibson Cavs teams.

plowking
10-16-2013, 12:41 AM
With coked out Orlando Woolridge, and Dave Corzine as his best players? Playing against arguably some of the greatest teams of all-time: '86 Celtics, Bad Boy Pistons. That's quite a feat.

LeBron competing against Gilbert Arenas Wizards. haha

Wasn't until Mike finally started to rub off on Scottie Pippen's soft ass around '89 - '90 that they were talented enough outside of Jordan to do something.

MJ's Bulls teams with developmental Pippen were less talented than LeBron's 2005 - 2010: Larry Hughes, Mo Williams, Shaquille O'Neal, Ben Wallace, Delonte West, Anderson Varejao, Big Z, Boobie Gibson Cavs teams.

What are you arguing? Seriously?

Doranku
10-16-2013, 12:47 AM
MJ was barely scraping into the playoffs or making low seeds for the majority of 80's. Whats the point of this? Of course hes going to face teams with more wins when his team wasn't that good to begin with.

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is. The whole point of playing well in the regular season is to get easier opponents.

It'd be interesting to see the offensive and defensive ratings for each, and not just ranking, since it doesn't really identify shit.

Majority of the 80's = 10 playoff games out of 179. :lol

SamuraiSWISH
10-16-2013, 12:51 AM
What are you arguing? Seriously?
I'm not arguing, I'm educating you why MJ is GOAT, and you can't seem to deal with it for some odd reason.

Most educated basketball fans understand this quite simply. But you grew up in Australia, they didn't start getting NBA games until local Australian scrub Luc Longely was getting carried to rings by past his prime MJ in the late 90s.

GOAT gonna GOAT. Get educated Crocodile Dundee Jr..

Doranku
10-16-2013, 01:06 AM
I'm not arguing, I'm educating you why MJ is GOAT, and you can't seem to deal with it for some odd reason.

Most educated basketball fans understand this quite simply. But you grew up in Australia, they didn't start getting NBA games until local Australian scrub Luc Longely was getting carried to rings by past his prime MJ in the late 90s.

:roll: Damn.

DaSeba5
10-16-2013, 01:09 AM
I have to applaud many of you in your pursuit to trash LeBron in every way possible. You guys always come up with new ways to bash a man you don't know personally; that takes real hatred and dedication.

Doranku
10-16-2013, 01:22 AM
I have to applaud many of you in your pursuit to trash LeBron in every way possible. You guys always come up with new ways to bash a man you don't know personally; that takes real hatred and dedication.

Just as much real love and dedication it must take to defend him at every juncture.

DaSeba5
10-16-2013, 01:27 AM
Just as much real love and dedication it must take to defend him at every juncture.

I wouldn't be one of those people, but I do admit that it annoys me more now because he plays for Miami.

SamuraiSWISH
10-16-2013, 01:27 AM
Exactly. Seabass and this whole sissy ass facade of being level headed or unbiased. Get out of here.

The least he could do is man up, and at least somewhat be like plowking in the sense of unabashedly admitting his asshole spreading love for the entire Heat organization. Refusing to admit any of their flaws, and he can go full retard in order to prop up the likes of the franchises current best player over say the obvious GOAT in Michael Jordan.

Just like the rest of these groupie clown current Heat / LeBron stans.

DaSeba5
10-16-2013, 01:32 AM
Exactly. Seabass and this whole sissy ass facade of being level headed or unbiased. Get out of here.

The least he could do is man up, and at least somewhat be like plowking in the sense of unabashedly admitting his asshole spreading love for the entire Heat organization. Refusing to admit any of their flaws, and he can go full retard in order to prop up the likes of the franchises current best player over say the obvious GOAT in Michael Jordan.

Just like the rest of these groupie clown current Heat / LeBron stans.

Find something better do with your time. Why do you have such an endless pursuit to trash LeBron? I mean that takes real hatred for somebody. When have I refused to admit their flaws? When did I go full retard and put LeBron over MJ? WTF are you talking about? Maybe some of you should just enjoy great players. You don't see me trashing Kobe and MJ in every post, do you? I don't see why people hate me so much for being unbiased and objective. Am I supposed to be on a side? Am I supposed to be one side of an extreme? Am I supposed to be like Tony Montana or Kenny?

NumberSix
10-16-2013, 01:35 AM
Find something better do with your time. Why do you have such an endless pursuit to trash LeBron? I mean that takes real hatred for somebody. When have I refused to admit their flaws? When did I go full retard and put LeBron over MJ? WTF are you talking about? Maybe some of you should just enjoy great players. You don't see me trashing Kobe and MJ in every post, do you? I don't why people hate me so much for being unbiased and objective. Am I supposed to be on a side? Am I supposed to be an one side of an extreme? Am I supposed to be like Tony Montana?
Because it's more interesting than talking about his own team (unless it's 15+ years in the past)

#burn

SamuraiSWISH
10-16-2013, 01:38 AM
Find something better do with your time. Why do you have such an endless pursuit to trash LeBron? I mean that takes real hatred for somebody. When have I refused to admit their flaws? When did I go full retard and put LeBron over MJ? WTF are you talking about? Maybe some of you should just enjoy great players. You don't see me trashing Kobe and MJ in every post, do you? I don't see why people hate me so much for being unbiased and objective. Am I supposed to be on a side? Am I supposed to be an one side of an extreme? Am I supposed to be like Tony Montana or Kenny?
How am I bashing LeBron? I'm stating the obvious. Your fellow Heat cheerleader plowking is literally trying to devalue the consensus game's greatest player, and the person LeBron himself feels is easily the best ever.

:oldlol:

As for my time, I do what I want. I don't need advice from a 19 year old. I'm chilling waiting for my GF to get back from work with my food. I enjoy my time humilitating and educating groupie slut Heat fans like yourself.

Do something better with your time Sebass ... go pop in your favorite Drake or Justin Bieber album, put on your spunk stained LeBron James Miami Heat jersey and go flick your bean.

Cause it's obvious you have a puhssy.

Because it's more interesting than talking about his own team (unless it's 15+ years in the past)
From the guy who can't stop talking about Derrick Rose, even though he hasn't played a meaningful game since April 2012. That insecurity.

DaSeba5
10-16-2013, 01:41 AM
How am I bashing LeBron? I'm stating the obvious. Your fellow Heat cheerleader plowking is literally trying to devalue the consensus game's greatest player, and the person LeBron himself feels is easily the best ever.

As for my time, I do what I want. I don't need advice from a 19 year old. I'm chilling waiting for my GF to get back from work with my food. I enjoy my time humilitating and educating groupie slut Heat fans like yourself.

Do something better with your time Sebass ... go pop in your favorite Drake or Justin Bieber album, put on your spunk stained LeBron James Miami Heat jersey and go flick your bean.

What does that have to do with me? (the part you said about Plowking)

How am I a groupie slut Heat fan? You haven't shown me any evidence of this; all you've done is try to insult me. When have I ever been a LeBron stan? Wade has always been my favorite player. The only thing I have of LeBron is his jersey. You haven't humiliated anyone but yourself. You just come off as an immature asshole. Just because I don't hate LeBron doesn't mean I'm a groupie. A lot of your posts are just nonsense.

plowking
10-16-2013, 01:42 AM

Why you acting up?
You used to follow me around on here clinging onto my jockstrap like a groupie all but 2 years ago. You've got posts on here applauding yourself with your alternate accounts that you confirmed yourself. Made yourself look silly.

Crocodile Dundee Jr? You think the girls over there in Chicago don't like Aussie accents? I could probably come over there, beat your ass in 1 on 1, plow your girl in front of you since she digs the accent, and you'd have no worries about it since you're a bitch who clearly admires me from an internet forum. :oldlol:

What I said didn't have anything to do with Jordan being bad or good. I was just saying how it skewed the numbers, since he was facing teams from the 8th seed. Now sit down, and be a good little admirer quietly, or do you really want to get into it? :oldlol:

plowking
10-16-2013, 01:43 AM

Well at least you're right about something.

ihoopallday
10-16-2013, 01:44 AM

From the guy who can't stop talking about Derrick Rose, even though he hasn't played a meaningful game since April 2012. That insecurity.

We all know MJ is GOAT,so why do you constantly need to jump into threads to remind everyone? I just find it odd you call people "stans", yet you're a fan of arguably the greatest nba player that ever lived. Why can't we enjoy the time we have with LeBron still in his peak like you already did with MJ ?

NumberSix
10-16-2013, 01:45 AM
That's true, but it's not a good enough reason to decline using a joke that popped into my head.

DaSeba5
10-16-2013, 01:45 AM
Well at least you're right about something.

For somebody who is a ***** and likes to suck up to people, I sure argue a lot. IDK how I am supposed to be. I defend LeBron and the Heat, but that doesn't mean I will support stupid opinions of LeBron stans and bandwagon fans. I understand Samurai's opinion of me because he's a MJ stan and I never agree with him, but I don't get your vendetta against me.

D.J.
10-16-2013, 01:46 AM
Every time I think of Cleveland's 2007 run, I just have to wonder if they would have gotten to the Finals if they had better competition. Their first two opponents were .500 teams and then they played the Pistons without Ben Wallace. Not exactly top tier teams.

Then you have MJ who played the Pistons every year from '88-'91. Then Pat Riley took over the Knicks and they became a defensive powerhouse. Cleveland also became a competitive team during that time. Other than '91, the Bulls didn't coast to the Finals during their first 3-peat. The Knicks gave them problems and even Cleveland took them to 6 in '92.

NumberSix
10-16-2013, 01:48 AM
For somebody who is a ***** and likes to suck up to people, I sure argue a lot. IDK how I am supposed to be. I defend LeBron and the Heat, but that doesn't mean I will support stupid opinions of LeBron stans and bandwagon fans. I understand Samurai's opinion of me because he's a MJ stan and I never agree with him, but I don't get your vendetta against me.
Honestly bro, you ARE a little too Swiss.

DaSeba5
10-16-2013, 01:51 AM
Honestly bro, you ARE a little too Swiss.

I think I'm looking more for a serious place to talk about basketball, and I keep forgetting that this isn't a serious place for that. This is just a bunch of trolls fighting with each other. Maybe I should just come on here to have fun. I come off as more insecure than I actually am. Oh well...

SamuraiSWISH
10-16-2013, 01:54 AM
I come off as more insecure than I actually am. Oh well...
LeBron / Heat fan? That obvious soft insecurity makes sense. Which is why I called you out on your soft ass passive-aggressive ways. Very feminine.

Especially with your brethren in this thread. Even the ones from the land down under, with their laugh inducing accent, delusions of grandeur of banging American chicks, and being hero worshipped on message boards.

The image some people build up of themselves in their mind compared to reality is always entertaining. Delusions and a false sense of reality.

plowking
10-16-2013, 01:59 AM
LeBron / Heat fan? That obvious soft insecurity makes sense. Which is why I called you out on your soft ass passive-aggressive ways. Very feminine.

Especially with your brethren in this thread. Even the ones from the land down under, with their laugh inducing accent, delusions of grandeur of banging American chicks, and being hero worshipped on message boards.

The image some people build up of themselves in their mind compared to reality is always entertaining. Delusions and a false sense of reality.

I'm not a hero Samurai. I'm just trying to be there for you.

Just flash the ISH logo in the sky when you need your ass beat in 1 on 1, and your girl banged.

ihoopallday
10-16-2013, 02:02 AM

You're pretty much describing everyone here on insidehoops. Btw, your gf sure is taking long with that food. Think it's time you get off here and go spend time with her. Well, if she's actually real. Many people here claim to have girlfriends. Kinda like the "false sense of reality" you wrote.

talamo
10-16-2013, 02:03 AM
Somebody said list all of lebrons first round oppenents.... dawg when u are a top seed every year ur not gonna face great teams in the 1st round im far from a lebron fan im actually a lebron hater but come on man we gotta go harder than that

plowking
10-16-2013, 02:03 AM
You're pretty much describing everyone here on insidehoops. Btw, your gf sure is taking long with that food. Think it's time you get off here and go spend time with her. Well, if she's actually real. Many people here claim to have girlfriends. Kinda like the "false sense of reality" you wrote.

Shes real. I get together with her.

DaSeba5
10-16-2013, 02:04 AM

My approach is not to be on one side. Heat fans want me to be bold and be with them even if their opinions are ridiculous. I think you are grouping all of us to be the same. Just because Plowking makes an opinion about MJ doesn't mean I agree with him. I only give my opinion whether it agrees with LeBron stans or not. That is all.

Getting into personal lives and insulting people over the Internet is really stupid. I really don't care if you have a girlfriend. I just came off a long relationship. Nobody cares.

ihoopallday
10-16-2013, 02:08 AM
Somebody said list all of lebrons first round oppenents.... dawg when u are a top seed every year ur not gonna face great teams in the 1st round im far from a lebron fan im actually a lebron hater but come on man we gotta go harder than that

:lol this. And people claim their championship runs aren't legit because notable players got injured. How the **** is that Miami's fault. I'm sure we can go back and look at every single playoffs and find key players injured so we can discredit those champions too.

SamuraiSWISH
10-16-2013, 02:10 AM
I've posted pics before, and yea it takes awhile to close up a martini bar when you're the manager of it.

Just flash the ISH logo in the sky when you need your ass beat in 1 on 1, and your girl banged.
plowking, the name doesn't match the abilities unfortunately. Sadly it's overcompensation. Banging ugly aborigines and kolas or other Australian marsupials doesn't count.

My girl's box dries up whenever we watch Steve Irwin on the Discovery Channel.

That accent is an apparent clown like turnoff. So that last option is out.

As for 1 on 1 ... who are you kidding? You'd get worked. Chicago competition is elite among the US basketball scene.

Who do you play in Australia? Kangaroos? I don't think those things can handle or shoot the rock, kid.

NumberSix
10-16-2013, 02:17 AM
I've posted pics before, and yea it takes awhile to close up a martini bar when you're the manager of it.

plowking, the name doesn't match the abilities unfortunately. Sadly it's overcompensation. Banging ugly aborigines and kolas or other Australian marsupials doesn't count.

That accent is an apparent clown like turnoff. So that last option is out.

As for 1 on 1 ... who are you kidding? You'd get worked. Chicago competition is elite among the US basketball scene.

Who do you play in Australia? Kangaroos? I don't think those things can handle or shoot the rock, kid.
Did you know there are more kangaroos in Australia than people? True story.

plowking
10-16-2013, 02:19 AM

Dumb ass Chicago native. Can't even spell koala. :oldlol:

I'm the Croatian crocodile hunter. 6'3, 220lbs of muscle and fighting crocodiles with one hand. Your chick digs it.

I've had invites as early as 2 years ago to come to a certain teams NBL camp. The same league players like your superior American's Johnny Flynn came to play.

I play 'kolas' as you said. :oldlol:

plowking
10-16-2013, 02:20 AM
Did you know there are more kangaroos in Australia than people? True story.

More 'kolas' too.

SamuraiSWISH
10-16-2013, 02:24 AM
I've had invites as early as 2 years ago to come to a certain teams NBL camp. The same league players like your superior American's Johnny Flynn came to play.
The lies

Why wouldn't you go if invited? Scared you'd get shown up?

poido123
10-16-2013, 02:25 AM
More 'kolas' too.

New type of softdrink :confusedshrug:

NumberSix
10-16-2013, 02:27 AM
In what possible scenario did you become aware of that?

DaSeba5
10-16-2013, 02:28 AM
In what possible scenario did you become aware of that?

Does that show still come on?

plowking
10-16-2013, 02:28 AM
The lies

Why wouldn't you go if invited? Scared you'd get shown up?

Probably. I'm not good enough to play any real minutes. Even if I do make the team? I sit on the bench, play no minutes and get paid maybe $15,000 a year while having to forfeit other prospects in my life for the time being, with no real hope of getting better, or any aspirations for it anymore.

And same reason I didn't take up offers to state league Aussie Rules football. I didn't want to.

EDIT: How about I organize a game with poido and he tells you how good I am? lol... Even after not having picked up a ball in 6 months.

NumberSix
10-16-2013, 02:30 AM
Probably. I'm not good enough to play any real minutes. Even if I do make the team? I sit on the bench, play no minutes and get paid maybe $15,000 a year while having to forfeit other prospects in my life for the time being, with no real hope of getting better, or any aspirations for it anymore.

And same reason I didn't take up offers to state league Aussie Rules football. I didn't want to.

EDIT: How about I organize a game with poido and he tells you how good I am? lol... Even after not having picked up a ball in 6 months.
Have you ever actually seen a dingo?

NumberSix
10-16-2013, 02:31 AM

Oh dude, you do not want to organize a meet up with poido. Not unless you want to be on a special tag team episode of "catch a predator".

plowking
10-16-2013, 02:35 AM
Have you ever actually seen a dingo?

Yep. While driving through the outback.

Have had kangaroo and deer at my house. But I live on a 3 acre property about 25km outside the city center.
Almost ran over a koala.
Have kookaburras all around the place I live. Seen a few brown snakes. Plenty of blue tongued lizards. My German Shepherd barked at one for literally 2 hours.

ripthekik
10-16-2013, 02:44 AM
all i have to say for this thread now is.. :lol

SamuraiSWISH
10-16-2013, 02:48 AM

Don't tell me, show me. It's 2013 ... film it with your smart phone. They don't have those in Australia?

Better yet, cross the pond and come play me. Not another aussie who can't ball like poido.

I find it hard to believe you received all these athletic offers and took none of them. The excuse being on the bench and it stalling the rest of your life.

What other prospects in your life besides posting on ISH, gaging the Miami Heat and downplaying athletes you never even saw, do you have that out weigh the life opportunity of telling your kids that for a year or two you played a professional sport?

If you have that much going on, are that ambitious, 2 or even 4 years is more than enough to sacrifice in the overall scheme of life to play a sport at that level. You've got the rest of your life to pursue something else. It's not like you're going to be making stacks directly out of college.

And I am assuming you're still in college, cause there is no way you're in your mid to even late 20s and getting offers to play in any sport's developmental leagues.

Even if it is Assie football, or NBDL basketball, if you got offers you'd be stupid not to take them. I think you're really bullshitting right now, and it's more than obvious.

Almost ran over a koala.
On a serious note, are they that cute in real life?

I'd want one as a pet. Unless there is a vicious personality beneath that adorable exterior.

DaSeba5
10-16-2013, 02:49 AM

I'd want one as a pet. Unless there is a vicious personality beneath that adorable exterior.

They are known to be aggressive. They won't bother you if you don't bother them though. I've heard people say they are the Gremlins of the wild.

http://i.imgur.com/J5HTt.jpg

NumberSix
10-16-2013, 02:51 AM
Don't tell me, show me. It's 2013 ... film it with your smart phone. They don't have those in Australia?

Better yet, cross the pond and come play me. Not another aussie who can't ball like poido.

I find it hard to believe you received all these athletic offers and took none of them. The excuse being on the bench and it stalling the rest of your life.

What other prospects in your life besides posting on ISH, gaging the Miami Heat and downplaying athletes you never even saw, do you have that out weigh the life opportunity of telling your kids that for a year or two you played a professional sport?

If you have that much going on, are that ambitious, 2 or even 4 years is more than enough to sacrifice in the overall scheme of life to play a sport at that level. You've got the rest of your life to pursue something else. It's not like you're going to be making stacks directly out of college.

And I am assuming you're still in college, cause there is no way you're in your mid to even late 20s and getting offers to play in any sport's developmental leagues.

Even if it is Assie football, or NBDL basketball, if you got offers you'd be stupid not to take them. I think you're really bullshitting right now, and it's more than obvious.

I had a tiger. Not joking whatsoever.

SamuraiSWISH
10-16-2013, 02:51 AM
They are known to be aggressive. They won't bother you if you don't bother them though. I've heard people say they are the Gremlins of the wild.

http://i.imgur.com/J5HTt.jpg
Those fangs ... damn. Like my pitbull.

Thanks for dropping knowledge on me, Bill Nye.

plowking
10-16-2013, 02:54 AM

What do you want me to film? Me taking shots? How boring.

Playing in the NBL is no big feat. Well at least not with how things were going. 3 of my teammates all through basketball here play in it. All three sit on the bench and hardly play, if ever. I think one recently stopped playing, and is now back at uni trying to get his degree, while playing in the league below, ABA.

Just about to get started on a masters, and I do actually have it well set up to get a very decent paying job straight out of college. Lucky enough to have family set up everywhere in the field I'm in, in very lucrative positions themselves.

Just about to finish a double degree.

Nope, I'd get paid more at the labouring job I do now while at Uni then what I would if I did go the NBL route and not play at all. Just based on what the friends I had that actually made it told me. All of them did part time work outside of playing "pro basketball" here in Australia. :oldlol: Get the point?

The Aussie Rules stuff was when I was 14ish. A lot of the better basketballers get letters from the state leagues to join footy, even if they had never played, as their is no real funding for basketball here and that's where the money is in sport over here. Plus a lot of the skills translate from one sport to another. A lot of the guys who do make AFL actually played basketball when younger. One of the best players in the league today, Scott Pendlebury was actually in the junior Australian team with Patty Mills when he got drafted for the AFL. I didn't like playing AFL that much at the time, and wasn't interested.

They got some big ass claws man, and they move on the ground funny as shit.

Don't know enough about them. Pet? :oldlol: Nah. You rarely see them in the wild here. I'm talking about never.
The only reason I saw one was because we were going through one of the worst droughts ever here, and apparently they had to come down from the trees because there wasn't enough water in the leaves, and they had to come find water. Some shit like that. Wasn't paying attention to the news report.

DaSeba5
10-16-2013, 03:00 AM
Those fangs ... damn. Like my pitbull.

Thanks for dropping knowledge on me, Bill Nye.

Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill

NumberSix
10-16-2013, 03:04 AM
I once saw a pride of lions eating a full grown giraffe when I was in Namibia. True story.

SamuraiSWISH
10-16-2013, 03:07 AM
I once saw a pride of lions eating a full grown giraffe when I was in Namibia. True story.
Is this a dick measuring contest about animal stories? With that said, that would be ridiculously cool to see that in person. I'm a dork for lions.

NumberSix
10-16-2013, 03:08 AM
Is this a dick measuring contest about animal stories? With that said, that would be ridiculously cool to see that in person. I'm a dork for lions.
Like I said, I used to own a tiger. Seriously not a troll post.

SamuraiSWISH
10-16-2013, 03:10 AM
Like I said, I used to own a tiger. Seriously not a troll post.
I'm skeptical, you're always in troll mode.

NumberSix
10-16-2013, 03:10 AM
I'm skeptical, you're always in troll mode.
I'm not trolling. Half Bengal, half Sumatran. female.

aj1987
10-16-2013, 03:34 AM
What the **** is going on in this thread? :biggums:

I'm not trolling. Half Bengal, half Sumatran. female.
:roll: :roll:

You post on ebaums, right?

LA Lakers
10-16-2013, 03:42 AM
Let's give Lebron a few more years before we start the historical comparisons in Finals. He's 28? He's made 4 Finals appearances by my count. Kobe has made 7 and Mike made 6. Let's add it up after a few more. And please use perspective and think of the individuals on the teams that played in Kobe, Mike and Lebrons' championship runs.

poido123
10-16-2013, 04:27 AM

That could work :pimp:

Wait, how tall are you?

plowking
10-16-2013, 05:57 AM
That could work :pimp:

Wait, how tall are you?

6'3 buddy.

Trollsmasher
10-16-2013, 06:03 AM
Wait, Bulls and Heat fans bonding over animal stories?

This thread:lol

#number6ix#
10-16-2013, 06:09 AM
From destroying each other to a laid back conversation about animals... It's good to be a man

poido123
10-16-2013, 06:15 AM
6'3 buddy.

I'm 6'2, so basically a wash...

If we were to do this, I will wear my Jordan Jersey just to annoy you that bit more :pimp:

Or, I could go with my club jersey with Rodman's number 91 on the back lol

Doranku
10-16-2013, 07:02 AM
:biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

aj1987
10-16-2013, 02:01 PM

If we were to do this, I will wear my Jordan Jersey just to annoy you that bit more :pimp:

If you want to annoy plowking, you should wear a Rose jersey. :D

inclinerator
10-16-2013, 03:07 PM
how this thread turn into koalas and kangaroos

DaSeba5
10-16-2013, 03:08 PM
how this thread turn into koalas and kangaroos

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/31266200.jpg

NumberSix
10-16-2013, 03:19 PM

Is Australian 6'2 the same as American 6'2?

Nash
10-16-2013, 05:37 PM
I love how far people have to go to find something to hate on Lebron far. lol at this random stat. Congrats, now go celebrate.

Jordan is above Lebron, only people trying to wind ya'll up say otherwise.

Kobe on the other hand I have no idea why he's in this.

TheReal Kendall
10-16-2013, 05:40 PM
Here you go MJ >>>>>>>>>>>>> Lebron >>>>> Kobe

NumberSix
10-16-2013, 06:20 PM
Here you go MJ >>>>>>>>>>>>> Lebron >>>>> Kobe
LeBron > Jordan (8 pages of ">") Kobe.

Doranku
10-16-2013, 06:25 PM
I love how far people have to go to find something to hate on Lebron far. lol at this random stat. Congrats, now go celebrate.

Jordan is above Lebron, only people trying to wind ya'll up say otherwise.

Kobe on the other hand I have no idea why he's in this.
Yes, the competition you face in the playoffs is nothing but a "random stat". :oldlol:

Nash
10-16-2013, 06:31 PM
Yes, the competition you face in the playoffs is nothing but a "random stat". :oldlol:
Oh god. We have stupid comments like this after Lebron wins 2 championships. Imagine what will happen if Lebron didn't win.

And it is a random stat. What does it say anyway? Lebron is still below Jordan and still a better player than Kobe.

RagaZ
10-16-2013, 06:37 PM
Its a fact that he never won a ring when Rose healthy.

Solefade
10-16-2013, 06:37 PM
Oh god. We have stupid comments like this after Lebron wins 2 championships. Imagine what will happen if Lebron didn't win.

And it is a random stat. What does it say anyway? Lebron is still below Jordan and still a better player than Kobe.

Seriously. Even after LeBron wins a 3rd championship and another MVP, the same bullshit will be spewing from the mouths of these kobetards.

aj1987
10-16-2013, 06:44 PM
Has Rose even been to the Finals or beat Miami in the Playoffs?

NumberSix
10-16-2013, 07:07 PM
And he never won with a healthy Robert Horry either.

Greg Oden 50
10-16-2013, 09:47 PM
LeBron > Jordan (8 pages of ">") Kobe.
mj can lead a team to the success unlike Leflop

PickernRoller
10-16-2013, 11:21 PM
When you need a game 7 to beat grandpa Duncan, injured Parker, washup Ginobli and DPOY Diaw you know you suck. Lets not mention a miracle 3 from the best three point shooter of all time to save your @ss after clanking one.

plowking
10-16-2013, 11:35 PM
When you need a game 7 to beat grandpa Duncan, injured Parker, washup Ginobli and DPOY Diaw you know you suck. Lets not mention a miracle 3 from the best three point shooter of all time to save your @ss after clanking one.

Yes, being the NBA champions... it means you suck.

Some people... :facepalm

red1
10-17-2013, 12:12 AM
Heat were down 10 before lebron brought them back to give them a chance to even tie it. And then what happened the next game? Compared to another star going 6-24 in the decisive game.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/931/850/eS0SsaP_original.gif

Greg Oden 50
10-17-2013, 12:46 AM
Heat were down 10 before lebron brought them back to give them a chance to even tie it. And then what happened the next game? Compared to another star going 6-24 in the decisive game.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/931/850/eS0SsaP_original.gif

LEBRON IS WEAK :banana:

Doranku
10-17-2013, 12:48 AM

Yeah, LeBron was great in Game 7 and Kobe played poorly in Game 7...

Yet Kobe was great in Games 1-6 while LeBron was an embarrassment in Games 1-6. Dude was being effectively guarded by Boris Diaw and was getting the Rondo treatment on the perimeter. :oldlol:

One game doesn't beat the other six. Sorry, bud.

aj1987
10-17-2013, 01:03 AM
Yeah, LeBron was great in Game 7 and Kobe played poorly in Game 7...

Yet Kobe was great in Games 1-6 while LeBron was an embarrassment in Games 1-6. Dude was being effectively guarded by Boris Diaw and was getting the Rondo treatment on the perimeter. :oldlol:

One game doesn't beat the other six. Sorry, bud.
WTF are you talking about?
Game 1 - 18/18/10 Would'be been an amazing game, if it wasn't for TP's GW
Game 2 - 17/8/7/3/3 (blowout) Pretty good all round game
Game 3 - 15/11/5/2 Absolutely horrendous game
Game 4 - 33/11/4/2/2 Great game
Game 5 - 25/6/8/4 Pretty good all round game (struggled to shoot though)
Game 6 - 32/10/11/3/1 (6 TOV) Great game
Game 7 - 37/12/4/2 Great game

He had 3 great games and 2 good games. The same as Kobe. Although Kobe choked in the most important game.

Doranku
10-17-2013, 01:06 AM
WTF are you talking about?
Game 1 - 18/18/10 Would'be been an amazing game, if it wasn't for TP's GW
Game 2 - 17/8/7/3/3 (blowout) Pretty good all round game
Game 3 - 15/11/5/2 Absolutely horrendous game
Game 4 - 33/11/4/2/2 Great game
Game 5 - 25/6/8/4 Pretty good all round game (struggled to shoot though)
Game 6 - 32/10/11/3/1 (6 TOV) Great game
Game 7 - 37/12/4/2 Great game

He had 3 great games and 2 good games. The same as Kobe. Although Kobe choked in the most important game.

The fact that you called Game 5 a "good all around game" just proves to me that you didn't watch the game. :oldlol:

G-Funk
10-17-2013, 01:43 AM
Lebron has played some irrelevant teams.

Trollsmasher
10-17-2013, 01:46 AM
It's not LeBron fault that he was able to take those wins away from those teams in the regular season:confusedshrug:

RS is a part of the playoffs. Should I blame Kobe for not being able to put himself in a better position?

Doranku
10-17-2013, 02:01 AM
It's not LeBron fault that he was able to take those wins away from those teams in the regular season:confusedshrug:

RS is a part of the playoffs. Should I blame Kobe for not being able to put himself in a better position?

Unless you expect Kobe to convince league management to move the Lakers into the Eastern Conference, it wouldn't be possible to put himself in a better position.

Kobe has been the #1 seed in his Conference more times than LeBron has and has never faced a team below 44 wins in the playoffs. LeBron has played 8 such teams. :wtf:

russwest0
10-17-2013, 02:02 AM
MJ's opponents:

Average wins - 53.54
Average offensive ranking - 8.86
Average defensive ranking - 8.46

Kobe's opponents:

Average wins - 54.42
Average offensive ranking - 8.65
Average defensive ranking - 8.12

LeBron's opponents:

Average wins - 50.08
Average offensive ranking - 13.04
Average defensive ranking - 8.60

So it turns out when you team up with your competition the remaining competition is likely to be weaker?

Is anyone actually surprised by this? :confusedshrug:

Trollsmasher
10-17-2013, 02:03 AM
Unless you expect Kobe to convince league management to move the Lakers into the Eastern Conference, it wouldn't be possible to put himself in a better position.

Kobe has been the #1 seed in his Conference more times than LeBron has and has never faced a team below 44 wins in the playoffs. LeBron has played 8 such teams. :wtf:
As I said, Kobe is not good at winning games in RS, putting himself in a worse position. Not LeBron's fault.

Doranku
10-17-2013, 02:03 AM
So it turns out when you team up with your competition the remaining competition is likely to be weaker?

Is anyone actually surprised by this? :confusedshrug:

Amusingly enough, the majority of the shitty teams LeBron has played were when he was in Cleveland.

Doranku
10-17-2013, 02:04 AM
As I said, Kobe is not good at winning games in RS, putting himself in a worse position. Not LeBron's fault.

Are you f*cking retarded? :biggums:

aj1987
10-17-2013, 04:09 AM
The fact that you called Game 5 a "good all around game" just proves to me that you didn't watch the game. :oldlol:
It was pretty much over in the 3rd, when the Spurs closed out the 3rd Q with 12-14 points in ~2 minutes. They shot like 60+%. Wade, James, Allen and Bosh combined for ~90 points and the Heat still lost. The Spurs were red hot that game. Green and Manu killed the Heat. It didn't help that Chalmers and the rest of the team played like shit.

BTW, if you didn't read the part below the stats, I said he had 3 great games and 2 good ones. 1 & 2 were good. 4, 6, & 7 were great. Pretty far from "LeBron was an embarrassment in Games 1-6" :facepalm. I'm guessing that you're the one who didn't watch the Finals.

chazzy
10-17-2013, 04:25 AM
Your standards for Bron are low if you think game 2 was a good game

aj1987
10-17-2013, 04:52 AM
Your standards for Bron are low if you think game 2 was a good game
I genuinely that that he was going to choke ('11) and I had the Spurs winning in 6. 25/11/7/2/1 on 53% TS is pretty damn good, if you're expecting him to average 18/8/7 or something like that.

That being said, in the first half of that game, Lebron was bricking and was invisible on the defensive end. In the second half, he turned it up and scored 13/7/3/2/2 (one of the blocks was on Splitter and 4/1/3/1/1 in the first half). He was pretty active defensively and helped Chalmers, Miller, Allen, etc a couple of good shots. If he pulled a Houdini, Miami would've lost and would've been down 0-2.

wfb
10-17-2013, 05:14 AM
The trolling is really getting out of hand. Holy cow, some people have no life whatsoever. :cheers:

Doranku
10-17-2013, 06:05 AM
It was pretty much over in the 3rd, when the Spurs closed out the 3rd Q with 12-14 points in ~2 minutes. They shot like 60+%. Wade, James, Allen and Bosh combined for ~90 points and the Heat still lost. The Spurs were red hot that game. Green and Manu killed the Heat. It didn't help that Chalmers and the rest of the team played like shit.

BTW, if you didn't read the part below the stats, I said he had 3 great games and 2 good ones. 1 & 2 were good. 4, 6, & 7 were great. Pretty far from "LeBron was an embarrassment in Games 1-6" :facepalm. I'm guessing that you're the one who didn't watch the Finals.

You gave the exact same descriptions for both Games 2 and 5. How am I supposed to know which one you were referring to? :oldlol:

Regardless, as chazzy said, your standards are pretty low if you think game 2 was a good game.

I<3NBA
10-17-2013, 06:11 AM
the only thing i took out of this thread was that Lebron played against better defenses than Kobe and MJ.

Doranku
10-17-2013, 06:19 AM
the only thing i took out of this thread was that Lebron played against better defenses than Kobe and MJ.

Then you're an idiot, because the higher (numerically) the ranking, the worse defenses were played.

And LeBron faced the numerically highest ranked defenses. :oldlol:

ripthekik
10-17-2013, 07:27 AM
Then you're an idiot, because the higher (numerically) the ranking, the worse defenses were played.

And LeBron faced the numerically highest ranked defenses. :oldlol:
:lol

damn, lebron stans being slaughtered all over the boards today
their stupidity is being exposed big time