PDA

View Full Version : Who is the face of the league for flopping right now?

ripthekik
10-15-2013, 11:43 PM
A long time ago it had been Vlade Divac. Then it became guys like Manu, Chris Paul, etc.

So now in 2013, who's the current face for flopping in the NBA? Who's the guy you immediately think of when you think about flopping? Who flops the most right now? Or which team?

aj1987
10-15-2013, 11:47 PM
A long time ago it had been Vlade Divac. Then it became guys like Manu, Chris Paul, etc.

So now in 2013, who's the current face for flopping in the NBA? Who's the guy you immediately think of when you think about flopping? Who flops the most right now? Or which team?
Tony Parker. Dude flops on EVERY drive.

Clippers are the worst flopping team.

ripthekik
10-15-2013, 11:49 PM
Tony Parker. Dude flops on EVERY drive.

Clippers are the worst flopping team.
In 2013 playoffs and finals Parker didn't really flop that much anymore. I agree with the clippers though, they have this floppers label all over them.

aj1987
10-15-2013, 11:58 PM
In 2013 playoffs and finals Parker didn't really flop that much anymore. I agree with the clippers though, they have this floppers label all over them.
The drive after Ray Allen's 3? Dude flopped all the way into the first row of the stands. There were several others as well. He didn't get the calls though.

Le Shaqtus
10-15-2013, 11:59 PM
LeBron, which is disappointing.

joeyjoejoe
10-16-2013, 12:04 AM
Parker

NumberSix
10-16-2013, 12:19 AM
Chris Paul and Blake Griffin by a mile. Even analysts openly call them floppers on TV. With other guys they play semantics and give circular logic excuses. They say shit like "he FLOPS, but he's not a FLOP-ER" but with CP3 and Blake they just flat out call them floppers.

AngelEyes
10-16-2013, 12:21 AM
Chris Paul

Droid101
10-16-2013, 12:21 AM
LeBron had more prominent playoff flops the last two years than anyone I can remember.

TheBigVeto
10-16-2013, 12:26 AM
D-Whistle.

AngelEyes
10-16-2013, 12:28 AM
D-Whistle.

He's definitely up there as well.

b1imtf
10-16-2013, 12:31 AM
Barea should be mentioned aswell

ImmortalNemesis
10-16-2013, 12:32 AM
How is it not Blake Griffin or Chris Paul? It's called Flop City for a reason.

plowking
10-16-2013, 12:34 AM
Kobe.

ispin69
10-16-2013, 12:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjRizobEQig

TMT
10-16-2013, 12:40 AM
Anyone have exact numbers on who had the most fines last season? I know the NBA was suspect in terms of consistency for enforcing this fee they established but it should give a better picture.

First that come to mind though are Blake, Manu, Lebron and TP.

Twiens
10-16-2013, 12:47 AM
Of players that actually matter......Lebron/CP3/Blake

branslowski
10-16-2013, 12:50 AM
LeBron's flop vs Bulls was lols.

Chris Paul still face of the league in flops though, Bron 2nd

Spaulding
10-16-2013, 12:52 AM
http://www.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/blake-griffin-wha-e1337964734835.jpg

DaSeba5
10-16-2013, 01:03 AM
Blake Griffin

SamuraiSWISH
10-16-2013, 01:16 AM
Top Five

Blake Griffin
LeBron
Wade
CP3
Ginobili

bdreason
10-16-2013, 01:27 AM
James Harden.

NumberSix
10-16-2013, 01:30 AM
Top Five

Blake Griffin
LeBron
Wade
CP3
Ginobili
You need to watch more teams play if you don't have James Harden, Lance Stephenson, Reggie Evans & Scola.

SamuraiSWISH
10-16-2013, 01:33 AM
You need to watch more teams play if you don't have James Harden, Lance Stephenson, Reggie Evans & Scola.
It grabs your attention more when 3 of the game's 5 best players do it, including it's reigning MVP. It makes it down right pathetic when this talented of players are doing it actually.

When scrubs do it, I understand. They're scrubs, they have a hard time impacting the game otherwise. When MVPs and top five players do it? It's a skid mark on the league's reputation.

It even embarrasses me as a fan of the game when discussing it with football and hockey fans. How can I argue toughness when our game's best player flops around like a european actress?

With that said Ginobili is the white Harden. They play very similar in that regard. He's my honorable mention.

tpols
10-16-2013, 01:35 AM
James Harden.
This.

Flop city is an obvious one.. and Lebrons playoff flops deserve an HM, but Harden has literally made a whole offensive repertiore out of two stepping into the lane with the ball low and sweeping his own arms into defenders.

NumberSix
10-16-2013, 01:40 AM
It grabs your attention more when 3 of the game's 5 best players do it, including it's reigning MVP. It makes it down right pathetic when this talented of players are doing it actually.

When scrubs do it, I understand. They're scrubs, they have a hard time impacting the game otherwise. When MVPs and top five players do it? It's a skid mark on the league's reputation.

It even embarrasses me as a fan of the game when discussing it with football and hockey fans. How can I argue toughness when our game's best player flops around like a european actress?

With that said Ginobili is the white Harden. They play very similar in that regard. He's my honorable mention.
Why would you be arguing toughness in the first place?

NumberSix
10-16-2013, 01:42 AM
This.

Flop city is an obvious one.. and Lebrons playoff flops deserve an HM, but Harden has literally made a whole offensive repertiore out of two stepping into the lane with the ball low and sweeping his own arms into defenders.
This. His entire offense consists of 2 moves...

A) ill advised long range jumper.
B) driving air flail.

SamuraiSWISH
10-16-2013, 01:42 AM
Why would you be arguing toughness in the first place?
Because it's relevant.

D.J.
10-16-2013, 01:49 AM
Probably Blake and CP3. But I can guarantee you if guys like Laimbeer, Rodman, Oakley, or X-Man were playing, the flopping would come to an end because they'd have a legit reason to fall on their asses.

NumberSix
10-16-2013, 01:49 AM
Because it's relevant.
not in comparison to football and hockey it ain't. There's nothing to argue.

DaSeba5
10-16-2013, 01:53 AM

What does this even mean? Is he supposed to fight people? This is basketball. If you want to see that go watch UFC or something. LeBron gets up from a tough fall like its nothing. He's one of the toughest players in the league because he's so durable.

ispin69
10-16-2013, 01:55 AM
Which explains why Harden has the most FT attempts these past few season in the reg season and playoffs.

NumberSix
10-16-2013, 02:23 AM
What does this even mean? Is he supposed to fight people? This is basketball. If you want to see that go watch UFC or something. LeBron gets up from a tough fall like its nothing. He's one of the toughest players in the league because he's so durable.
It means..... Chicago people are obsessed with violence and proving they're tough guys.

BasedTom
10-16-2013, 02:33 AM
On an individual level, Harden or CP3.

From what I've seen, the team that flops the most is the Clippers.

poido123
10-16-2013, 02:34 AM
It means..... Chicago people are obsessed with violence and proving they're tough guys.

What does it say about you, if you defend Lebron's tendancy to flop excessively?

Very convenient that Heat fans avoid this subject and never talk about it :lol

plowking
10-16-2013, 02:36 AM
What does it say about you, if you defend Lebron's tendancy to flop excessively?

Rose flops too. Just saying.

NumberSix
10-16-2013, 02:36 AM

Did I? :confusedshrug:

Find where I was "defending" LeBron flopping anywhere in this thread. G'head pedo.

Like, 90% of your posts are strawman arguments. True story.

poido123
10-16-2013, 02:37 AM

He's not implying Lebron to fight people?

He is pointing out that Lebron flops excessively and it's an embarassment on the league. I kind of agree with him, since basketball is a contact sport and flopping is a form of cheating and feminine traits.

ripthekik
10-16-2013, 02:38 AM
If he's so tough and durable, why does he fall 3 feet without even being bumped?

DaSeba5
10-16-2013, 02:39 AM

Avoiding the subject? Most players take advantage of flopping in the NBA. If they want LeBron to stop flopping, they should be more harsh on flopping. He takes advantage of it; every player will do whatever it takes to win. That's just how it is. I'm not saying I support flopping, but I understand it. I'm clearly not in avoiding it like you are implying.

poido123
10-16-2013, 02:40 AM
Did I? :confusedshrug:

Like, 90% of your posts are strawman arguments. True story.

90% of your comments are trolling? Think I'd rather have the strawman arguments, you get no respect as a troll.

You're implying that Chicago an their team are nothing but thugs, which is basically deflecting away Lebron's tendency to flop :confusedshrug:

DaSeba5
10-16-2013, 02:41 AM
If he's so tough and durable, why does he fall 3 feet without even being bumped?

Because he flops.

NumberSix
10-16-2013, 02:42 AM
90% of your comments are trolling? Think I'd rather have the strawman arguments, you get no respect as a troll.

You're implying that Chicago an their team are nothing but thugs, which is basically deflecting away Lebron's tendency to flop :confusedshrug:
Chicago <3's violence = LeBron doesn't flop?

:coleman:

fiddy
10-16-2013, 02:42 AM
Bron/CP3/Parker

DaSeba5
10-16-2013, 02:43 AM
He's not implying Lebron to fight people?

He is pointing out that Lebron flops excessively and it's an embarassment on the league. I kind of agree with him, since basketball is a contact sport and flopping is a form of cheating and feminine traits.

Flopping is something players take advantage of. It doesn't say anything about his toughness. How do you even define toughness in terms of basketball? It would be acting like a tough guy and fighting. LeBron is a huge guy and not somebody I would want to fight. He's not this soft ***** you guys are making him out to be.

NumberSix
10-16-2013, 02:48 AM
Do people in Australia drink like, weird tea or do they drink the regular kind?

I heard marmalade is big over there.

Do clocks go counterclockwise, and do you call it "clockwise"?

ripthekik
10-16-2013, 02:49 AM
It doesn't say anything about his toughness.
The huge guy who gets touched and falls to the ground crying, that act in itself doesn't tell you about his toughness?

You say he's just taking advantage of a situation... in other words.. he's just taking the easy path again right? When you can play straight and do things the right way.. but as soon as Lebron sees an easy path.. he's going to take it. That's who he is. So how is he tough again? by avoiding conflict and adversity?

poido123
10-16-2013, 02:50 AM
Avoiding the subject? Most players take advantage of flopping in the NBA. If they want LeBron to stop flopping, they should be more harsh on flopping. He takes advantage of it; every player will do whatever it takes to win. That's just how it is. I'm not saying I support flopping, but I understand. I'm clearly not in denial like you are implying.

Lebron knows the league won't come down on him hard for it. It would be embarassing to show such admission, when Lebron is the face of the NBA.

No, far from it. I don't believe that you completely deny it happening, but some of the other Heat fans here will justify it any which way they can.

SamuraiSWISH
10-16-2013, 02:53 AM
Do people in Australia drink like, weird tea or do they drink the regular kind?
"Kola"

You're welcome.

:pimp:

DaSeba5
10-16-2013, 02:53 AM
The huge guy who gets touched and falls to the ground crying, that act in itself doesn't tell you about his toughness?

You say he's just taking advantage of a situation... in other words.. he's just taking the easy path again right? When you can play straight and do things the right way.. but as soon as Lebron sees an easy path.. he's going to take it. That's who he is. So how is he tough again? by avoiding conflict and adversity?

Avoiding conflict? What do you mean by conflict?

Avoiding adversity? The last two years didn't happen?

DaSeba5
10-16-2013, 02:56 AM
Lebron knows the league won't come down on him hard for it. It would be embarassing to show such admission, when Lebron is the face of the NBA.

No, far from it. I don't believe that you completely deny it happening, but some of the other Heat fans here will justify it any which way they can.

There's two sides of a coin here. There are people here that will discredit and attack LeBron for everything, and if anyone disagrees with them, they are labeled stans. They are the exact opposite of the LeBron stans who are "in denial" and the people you guys hate so much.

In other words, you can't win with anyone here. If you are going to keep attacking my fanbase, you should also accept how bad the haters are as well.

ripthekik
10-16-2013, 02:59 AM
Avoiding conflict? What do you mean by conflict?

Avoiding adversity? The last two years didn't happen?
Forget Lebron.

Imagine if this was Shaq. If he flops often, even while going up against Divac or Todd Macculloch, do you think people will still perceive him to be "dominant"or "tough"? Do you think his game should be respected? When it's obvious he's much stronger than those guys, yet stoop to the level of flopping? Just think about that. Imagine the picture of Shaq flopping with just a tiniest bit of contact against some weak ass center. Now think of the word tough and see if it fits.

NumberSix
10-16-2013, 03:00 AM
Craziest Heat Stans > moderate Bulls fans. True story.

DaSeba5
10-16-2013, 03:06 AM
Forget Lebron.

Imagine if this was Shaq. If he flops often, even while going up against Divac or Todd Macculloch, do you think people will still perceive him to be "dominant"or "tough"? Do you think his game should be respected? When it's obvious he's much stronger than those guys, yet stoop to the level of flopping? Just think about that. Imagine the picture of Shaq flopping with just a tiniest bit of contact against some weak ass center. Now think of the word tough and see if it fits.

So what you're saying is LeBron is a soft bitch because he flops? I don't condone his flopping, but he's still a huge guy that's a freight train when drives to the basket. LeBron, despite flopping, is still a very strong man who can power his way to the basket, and he's really durable. Once he gets deep in the post, nobody can stop him. We have different definitions of toughness I suppose. You are talking about his reputation as not being tough (that's why you mention Shaq's image as being dominant), but I'm going by what I see. Soft is not the word I'd use to describe LeBron... ever.

ripthekik
10-16-2013, 03:19 AM
So what you're saying is LeBron is a soft bitch because he flops? I don't condone his flopping, but he's still a huge guy that's a freight train when drives to the basket. LeBron, despite flopping, is still a very strong man who can power his way to the basket, and he's really durable. Once he gets deep in the post, nobody can stop him. We have different definitions of toughness I suppose. You are talking about his reputation as not being tough (that's why you mention Shaq's image as being dominant), but I'm going by what I see. Soft is not the word I'd use to describe LeBron... ever.
Yea.. here it where it becomes clear. I'm talking about the MENTALITY.
Lebron is obviously strong. We all know it, like you said, how he powers to the basket sometimes. And how he can't be stopped.

So if he's that strong and tough, why does he flop? I think you answered this yourself by explaining the above. He's soft mentally.

When you are actually physically strong and you resort to flopping.. you're taking the easy way out. I don't care if he's actually physically strong. I know he is. The flopping alone shows he's not "tough". You see it? He's taking the easy way out, by trying to cheat the ref and draw an illegal foul, instead of powering his way in to get 2 points. That's not a tough player. That's soft.

aj1987
10-16-2013, 03:25 AM
Just putting it out there. Lebron and Wade scored most of their points in the paint and at the rim. The top 2 in the league, as a matter of fact. They weren't in the top 5 in free throws attempted.

ripthekik
10-16-2013, 03:31 AM
Just putting it out there. Lebron and Wade scored most of their points in the paint and at the rim. The top 2 in the league, as a matter of fact. They weren't in the top 5 in free throws attempted.
Yeap. That's because they score in the paint mostly when it's empty - and when is that? Fastbreaks. Yeah.. no wonder why they don't get free throws..

DaSeba5
10-16-2013, 03:31 AM
Yea.. here it where it becomes clear. I'm talking about the MENTALITY.
Lebron is obviously strong. We all know it, like you said, how he powers to the basket sometimes. And how he can't be stopped.

So if he's that strong and tough, why does he flop? I think you answered this yourself by explaining the above. He's soft mentally.

When you are actually physically strong and you resort to flopping.. you're taking the easy way out. I don't care if he's actually physically strong. I know he is. The flopping alone shows he's not "tough". You see it? He's taking the easy way out, by trying to cheat the ref and draw an illegal foul, instead of powering his way in to get 2 points. That's not a tough player. That's soft.

But you say this like he relies on flopping to score. He still scores and initiates the offense at an efficient high rate without flopping. It can't be the "easy way out" when he already accomplishes the hard way.

aj1987
10-16-2013, 03:37 AM
Yeap. That's because they score in the paint mostly when it's empty - and when is that? Fastbreaks. Yeah.. no wonder why they don't get free throws..
:facepalm I wasn't talking about fast break points. Kobe averaged more FT's than Lebron and Wade.

dunksby
10-16-2013, 03:46 AM
CP3, Blake, Harden, LeBron and Wade are faces that represent the NBA and have the most obvious flops. Right now I'd say CP3 is still the face of the league for floppin.

East_Stone_Ya
10-16-2013, 03:50 AM
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/4814087/20121130_lbm_sd9_037.0_standard_352.0.jpg

EricGordon23
10-16-2013, 03:53 AM
Kyrie irving

poido123
10-16-2013, 04:24 AM
But you say this like he relies on flopping to score. He still scores and initiates the offense at an efficient high rate without flopping. It can't be the "easy way out" when he already accomplishes the hard way.

Why is it that everyone else sees it, but Lebron and Heat fans constantly make excuses for something so black and white?

We are not saying he can't score, we aren't saying Lebron isn't physically strong, we are not saying lebron isn't efficient or do good things on the court, but what we are saying is he has a tendancy to flop too much.

Heat fans have a big problem looking at factual negatives of Lebron, I wonder if they are as insecure as their hero is. Probably so.

no pun intended
10-16-2013, 04:28 AM
After the Cousins incident, it's Chris Paul and it ain't even close.

senelcoolidge
10-16-2013, 04:59 AM
There are so many guys and teams that flop a lot. The Heat have to lead the pack. Tony Allen is a notorious flopper. It has to be the Heat. Probably Lebron since he has the biggest spotlight on him and he does flop a lot in big moments.

QuebecBaller
10-16-2013, 04:59 AM
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr01/2013/3/20/11/anigif_enhanced-buzz-27638-1363792783-0.gif

http://blogsohardsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Blake-Griffin-Flop-on-Nene.gif

senelcoolidge
10-16-2013, 05:04 AM
The Clippers aren't the biggest floppers anymore. You could argue this the season before last. But that's old news. Paul flops ok, and Ryan Hollins flops too. Other than that the other guys don't flop that much. Griffin flopped a lot in his 2nd year, but cut it down considerably last season, so he's not in the discussion. Of course the Clippers have lots of haters so they will find anything. Teams like the Heat and Spurs are much bigger offenders. Even the Grizzlies.

BoutPractice
10-16-2013, 05:05 AM
Used to be Griffin, now it's Paul.