PDA

View Full Version : Ok we can't compare Lebron to MJ yet but is he the most exciting NBA player you ever

sportsfan76
10-16-2013, 12:49 AM
saw??

I mean this dude gives you a show on offense and defense which is why he is so fun to watch. Now MJ was just flat out good and better than everyone but not as exciting as Lebron on the break and when it comes to playing defense.

Prime example was tonight when he was beasting in the wizards game. So are we all in agreement that Lebron is the most exciting player you ever seen in the NBA?

I never seen anyone play like this dude before

branslowski
10-16-2013, 12:56 AM
:oldlol: no

Kobe, T-Mac, and Vince Carter was way more exciting. LeBron's game is ugly aside from fastbreak drives to the basket and chase down blocks. Op got jokes.:lol

SamuraiSWISH
MJ is by far the most exciting player ever to lace them up. A high flyer, elite scorer, smooth skill, sweet jumper, thunderous and acrobatic dunks, great team defender, lock down man defender, intensity and charisma that was palpable.

He intimidated opponents, he inspired generations of other players. He always rose to the occasion, meeting and exceeding even the absurd amount of hype. Never buckled. Played the best on the biggest stages: playoff and Finals. You could always count on Jordan to deliver.

MJ phukked pressure in the ass, on the national stage.

Never buckling underneath it like the game's current best player.

juju151111
saw??

I mean this dude gives you a show on offense and defense which is why he is so fun to watch. Now MJ was just flat out good and better than everyone but not as exciting as Lebron on the break and when it comes to playing defense.

Prime example was tonight when he was beasting in the wizards game. So are we all in agreement that Lebron is the most exciting player you ever seen in the NBA?

LJ isnt exciting to me. I respect his game, but I would rather watch a Kobe/Wade/Rose highlight then LJ.

Young X
His own teammate D-Wade is more exciting than him. More dribble moves, fakes, circus layups, game winning defensive plays (no one is better than Wade at this), blocks on 7 footers, better posterizations, quicker 1st step, etc.

Asukal
10-16-2013, 12:59 AM
I respect Lebron and admit he has a chance to become top 5 ATG, but no he isn't better than Jordan and he lost the chance when he decided to join his competition. He is the current best though. :applause:

guy
10-16-2013, 12:59 AM
Ummmm for me it's not even a debate. Jordan is clearly the most exciting player ever. From his ridiculous reverse layups to his dunks to his post game to his passing to his defense (especially his blocks) to his game winners. And that's just highlights. His career itself almost played out literally like a damn movie.

SamuraiSWISH
10-16-2013, 01:01 AM
Ummmm for me it's not even a debate. Jordan is clearly the most exciting player ever. From his ridiculous reverse layups to his dunks to his post game to his passing to his defense (especially his blocks) to his game winners. And that's just highlights. His career itself almost played out literally like a damn movie.
Yea, it's called Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy. MJ was mythological in nature.

NuggetsFan
10-16-2013, 01:03 AM
Not for me. Iverson may have played that streetball style and shot the ball like crazy but it was insanely fun to watch him go at defenses. Kobe, Wade, Toronto VC, were more exciting to me as well. LeBron is as effective as anybody but from a style standpoint he's kinda just like a bulldozer. Shaq was really exciting too actually.

LeBron has some CRAZY highlight reel plays but from just a randomly tuning in to some game standpoint I wouldn't have LeBron in my top 5.

sportsfan76
10-16-2013, 01:05 AM
MJ is by far the most exciting player ever to lace them up. A high flyer, elite scorer, smooth skill, sweet jumper, thunderous and acrobatic dunks, great team defender, lock down man defender, intensity and charisma that was palpable.

He intimidated opponents, he inspired generations of other players. He always rose to the occasion, meeting and exceeding even the absurd amount of hype. Never buckled. Played the best on the biggest stages: playoff and Finals. You could always count on Jordan to deliver.

See I think MJ was more SMOOTH but Lebron is just a flat out Monster when driving to the hoop on the break. That is the difference.

When Lebron scores he gives fans their money's worth.

DaSeba5
10-16-2013, 01:05 AM
I'll take boring efficient basketball.

sportsfan76
10-16-2013, 01:07 AM
I respect Lebron and admit he has a chance to become top 5 ATG, but no he isn't better than Jordan and he lost the chance when he decided to join his competition. He is the current best though. :applause:

I didn't say better I said more exciting. Jordan was smooth with his attack to the rim. Lebron is a high flying power dunker and blocker on defense.

Doranku
10-16-2013, 01:07 AM
JR Smith is more exciting to watch than LeBron.

SamuraiSWISH
10-16-2013, 01:09 AM
See I think MJ was more SMOOTH but Lebron is just a flat out Monster when driving to the hoop on the break. That is the difference.

MJ was a thing of beauty on the break too. But clearly way more exciting than LeBron everywhere else. He could give you power and grace. LeBron doesn't do that. Skill wise, and fluidity? This isn't even close. LeBron is mechanical in comparison. MJ was Bruce Lee on the court. A ninja, a samurai warrior.

The difference is MJ was always entertaining. Even as fadeaway Jordan, and floor Jordan for the Wizards. Without athleticism he still put butts in the seats. Still packed arenas just to get a glimpse of him.

He delivered and gave fans their money worth in every game, especially the ones that mattered.

sportsfan76
10-16-2013, 01:11 AM
Not for me. Iverson may have played that streetball style and shot the ball like crazy but it was insanely fun to watch him go at defenses. Kobe, Wade, Toronto VC, were more exciting to me as well. LeBron is as effective as anybody but from a style standpoint he's kinda just like a bulldozer. Shaq was really exciting too actually.

LeBron has some CRAZY highlight reel plays but from just a randomly tuning in to some game standpoint I wouldn't have LeBron in my top 5.

I like how Lebron can turn the simplest plays into something you will be talking about in the parking lot on the way home after the game.

And he has been doing this since 2005 which is why I have to see the man play. He adds excitement to the NBA. Jordan did too but his style wasn't about POWER and HIGH FLYING, more of a smooth skilled and killer jumpshot

NuggetsFan
10-16-2013, 01:23 AM
I like how Lebron can turn the simplest plays into something you will be talking about in the parking lot on the way home after the game.

And he has been doing this since 2005 which is why I have to see the man play. He adds excitement to the NBA. Jordan did too but his style wasn't about POWER and HIGH FLYING, more of a smooth skilled and killer jumpshot

Don't get me wrong LeBron is exciting as hell but just isn't right at the top for me. He'll just barrel into the lane for 2 points and he's 6'8 250+ so it doesn't look all that exciting. Makes some nice passes, but his effectiveness is more about his efficiency/all around attack these days. Still has crazy hops, and those chase down blocks are sick but even at his peak I would rather watch a few other guys over him.

Hated Kobe but that one stretch of 50 point games was insane, when he heats up it's crazy. Watching a 6 foot Iverson tear apart defenses was insane. VC in Toronto had probably the best hops we've seen IMO, T-Mac had a really smooth scoring game. Shaq made grown men look like boys, kinda similar to LeBron.

Only nitpicking because the thread says the most exciting. He's without question one of, just don't think the undisputed most exciting player of his own era, let alone all time.

Simple Jack
10-16-2013, 01:56 AM

Except Jordan has. See Detroit series.

SamuraiSWISH
10-16-2013, 02:01 AM
Except Jordan has. See Detroit series.
Yea, he carried them in that series in '89 and '90. My man didn't quit or have atrocious showings, disappearing acts ala LeBron in 2010 and 2011.

The fact you're even trying to insinuate or turn a 31 point performance into the choke jobs that were LeBron in 2010 and 2011 clearly shows you live in a false reality, and reveals your LeBron jock riding status confirmed.

LA Lakers
10-16-2013, 02:55 AM
Magic Johnson

Simple Jack
10-16-2013, 03:11 AM
Yea, he carried them in that series in '89 and '90. My man didn't quit or have atrocious showings, disappearing acts ala LeBron in 2010 and 2011.

The fact you're even trying to insinuate or turn a 31 point performance into the choke jobs that were LeBron in 2010 and 2011 clearly shows you live in a false reality, and reveals your LeBron jock riding status confirmed.

Huh? I'm talking about Game 5 89 ECF. He took 8 shots. Took one shot (which he airballed) in the 4th quarter. This was after being up 2-1 in the series, and a poor showing in game 4.

I'd say that pretty atrocious; as close as you can get to a disappearing act. Announcers were saying the same shit too.

TheMan
10-16-2013, 03:25 AM
saw??

Get the fukk outta here.

LA Lakers
10-16-2013, 03:32 AM
Allen Iverson was fun even though I hated him. Mike goes without saying. Penny Hardaway seemed like the future for a while. Recently, last 10 years or so obviously Kobe and Lebron. T MAC for the Penny factor. Probably throw in D Rose. Its tough to say exciting, how do you define it. Dominance wise Mike, Kareem, Shaq and Hakeem. Attitude Mike, Kobe and AI. Maybe Garnett. Oh, Clyde The Glyde and Dominique Wilkens were always fun to watch because they always did some gravity defying shit and most kids had their posters or cards.

ripthekik
10-16-2013, 03:37 AM
MJ, Kobe, AI, Tmac, Rose, Wade (prior to Lebron joining) are all more fun and exciting to watch.

aj1987
10-16-2013, 03:40 AM
MJ, Kobe, and Wade are the funnest players to watch. Lebron is fun to watch only when he's loose and actually having fun playing. Other times, he's pretty stiff and repetitive. Snooze fest.

DaSeba5
10-16-2013, 03:44 AM
MJ, Kobe, and Wade are the funnest players to watch. Lebron is fun to watch only when he's loose and actually having fun playing. Other times, he's pretty stiff and repetitive. Snooze fest.

This

sejoon101
10-16-2013, 04:01 AM
Sorry, but out of all of the "A" level superstars, Lebron's game is by FAR the ugliest. Like dead serious. I'm one of the few people who appreciate is talents, but don't find his playing amusing at all. His game isn't fluid, it is just ugly. No aesthetics in his game at ALL.

AirFederer
10-16-2013, 04:10 AM
His own teammate D-Wade is more exciting than him. More dribble moves, fakes, circus layups, game winning defensive plays (no one is better than Wade at this), blocks on 7 footers, better posterizations, quicker 1st step, etc.

This.

But he has crazy skills and his passing amazes me at times.

LA Lakers
10-16-2013, 04:19 AM
Come on now. Watching Lebron charge the length of the court in like 2 seconds to throw down some of the meanest tomahawk dunks youve ever seen has been awesome to watch these last 10 years. Id love to sit courtside and see that guy play live.

sportjames23
10-16-2013, 04:25 AM
Lebron is not even close to the most exciting player I've ever seen in the NBA.

Even excluding MJ, you've got players like Magic, Kobe, Vince Carter, Dominique, T-Mac, Dr. J, Bird, D-Wade, etc. All more exciting than Lebron, IMO.

secund2nun
10-16-2013, 04:38 AM

Lebron played well in 2010 vs Boston. He averaged like 28-9-8 on 46% fg and shut down Pierce. Lebron nearly even had 30-20-10 in game 6. Don't repeat the media lies about 2010. The only series Lebron did not play up to par is 2011 Dallas.

chazzy
10-16-2013, 04:47 AM
Lebron played well in 2010 vs Boston. He averaged like 28-9-8 on 46% fg and shut down Pierce. Lebron nearly even had 30-20-10 in game 6. Don't repeat the media lies about 2010. The only series Lebron did not play up to par is 2011 Dallas.
:lol

MidRange
10-16-2013, 04:48 AM
LeBron's not even the most exciting player to watch in the league right now. Far and away the best with his ony real competition being KD, but he was way more fun to watch in his Cleveland days.

andremiller07
10-16-2013, 05:05 AM
I don't find LeBron's game at all interesting to me Curry, Irivng hell 90% of the starting PG's to me are more interesting to watch. Lebron is so effective he's pretty boring to me anyway plus he's on a team with two other superstars which kind of takes away some excitement as well

livingby3's
10-16-2013, 05:25 AM
Yeah i think it all depends on which brand of the game you love the most. For me, I love BRoy's style of ball. Skilled all around. Post, midrange, outside game, his play making, his drives, his ball IQ, his craftiness, his ability to take over a game, clutch level. Probably my favorite non-Suns player of this generation. If any player could be rejuvenated, my vote is his.

LeBron in Cleveland was more exciting. Though his brand of ball now does nothing but helps his team, and his legacy. Winning ball. But as individual preference goes, he's one of the, but not the most exciting guy in the league now.

Harison
10-16-2013, 05:38 AM
OP probably never saw Magic, Bird, Hakeem, etc. etc.

Kovach
10-16-2013, 05:57 AM
One of the least exciting all-time greats. The guy has finesse of a tractor tire.

I'm sorry to hear that.

poido123
10-16-2013, 06:46 AM
Rose, Curry and Irving are the most exciting players to me...

But lately I have enjoyed watching Drummond play, that kid is just energy and excitement.

dannywpt
10-16-2013, 07:00 AM
There are at least 20 players currently in the league that I'd rather watch highlights of. LeBron has a boring game.

Greg Oden 50
10-16-2013, 07:54 AM
saw??

lebron is fun to watch,are u kidding me :facepalm :wtf: :roll: :oldlol: :banghead: :hammerhead: :rant :eek: :cry:

Greg Oden 50
10-16-2013, 07:57 AM

:wtf:

Greg Oden 50
10-16-2013, 08:00 AM

so........................:rolleyes:

Frozen1
10-16-2013, 08:06 AM
The cleveland lebron was much more exciting than the Heat lebron.

And he wasn't all that exciting back then.

Soundwave
10-16-2013, 08:58 AM
Vince Carter circa 2000 is the most exciting NBA player post (prime) Jordan IMO by a pretty fair margin at that.

You never knew what he was going to pull off on any given night.

2LeTTeRS
10-16-2013, 09:59 AM
There are at least 20 players currently in the league that I'd rather watch highlights of. LeBron has a boring game.

I agree to an extent. LeBron has more highlight-reel worthy plays than any player in the league; the problem is those highlights aren't necessarily the most jaw-dropping. I mean we've all seen that tomahawk 10,000 times now and we'll all agree that while his handles are effective him blowing past a defender doesn't have the same beauty of a D Rose or AI because he dribbles so stiff and ugly.

Effective as hell though.

tmacattack33
10-16-2013, 10:31 AM
This is totally subjective.

To me the best players to watch are ones who can pass and score. They get the ball and you don't know if you're going to see a great drive or a great pass. So for me Penny, Chris Paul, and Lebron have been my favorite players to watch ever.

If someone doesn't really pay much attention to passing though, the most exciting players ever (or for the past 15 years at least) for them are probably Vince Carter, Kobe, and Iverson.

SilkkTheShocker
10-16-2013, 10:35 AM
Michael Jackson is the real MJ. Please don't steal The King of Pop's nickname for some degenerate gambler/washed up baseball player.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-16-2013, 10:40 AM

Jordan was both exciting and efficient.

Ken_Masters
10-16-2013, 10:51 AM
James is not an exciting player to watch at all IMO. He either takes wide open three pointers, bulldozes for a layup, or passes the ball to a 3 point shooter on the perimeter. I've never enjoyed his game.

Chrono90
10-16-2013, 10:54 AM
He is all around but not exciting. Just on top of my head i can say Iverson and prime Vince Carter were way more exciting than Lebron.

guy
10-16-2013, 10:56 AM
I think Jordan is clearly more exciting then Lebron and its not even a debate for me. But how the hell do people think Lebron isn't exciting to watch? People here are acting like he's Tim Duncan. Sounds like hate. I don't like either Lebron or Kobe, but how can you not think they are entertaining and exciting as hell to watch?

OldSchoolBBall
10-16-2013, 11:08 AM

Seriously. lol @ the notion that Lebron is more entertaining to watch that Jordan - he's not even close in that respect.

f0und
10-16-2013, 12:13 PM
jordan is much more exciting and its not even close.

the first 30 minutes of this video would tell you that, but there's 4 hours and 45 minutes to show you that there's absolutely, unquestionably, no doubt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sLAbHud8bQ

pauk
10-16-2013, 12:24 PM
Seriously. lol @ the notion that Lebron is more entertaining to watch that Jordan - he's not even close in that respect.

Everybody has an acquired taste... personally in the 90s for example i enjoyed Reggie Miller, Penny Hardaway, Drazen Petrovic, Shawn Kemp, Jason Kidd much more than MJ...

Dro
10-16-2013, 12:30 PM

:bowdown: :applause:

Dro
10-16-2013, 12:32 PM
jordan is much more exciting and its not even close.

the first 30 minutes of this video would tell you that, but there's 4 hours and 45 minutes to show you that there's absolutely, unquestionably, no doubt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sLAbHud8bQ
lol, I have a 15 page thread about this video...Thats why I keep bumping it because I know there's always someone out there who hasn't seen it or hasn't read that thread....

guy
10-16-2013, 12:46 PM
Everybody has an acquired taste... personally in the 90s for example i enjoyed Reggie Miller, Penny Hardaway, Drazen Petrovic, Shawn Kemp, Jason Kidd much more than MJ...

Not saying you can't have a different opinion, but considering who you are, I highly doubt you're being honest.

pauk
10-16-2013, 12:57 PM
Not saying you can't have a different opinion, but considering who you are, I highly doubt you're being honest.

Considering who i am? Haha!? Please tell me what my personality could possibly be which doesnt allow me to find for example Reggie Miller more exciting than Jordan and not allowed to have a contrasting taste? Is it because i dont spit on Lebron and dont agree with all your cynical statements? Because i wont hang around Jordan's jockstrap putting him on a pedestal all the time and disrespecting everybody else like many of you do here to be taken more seriously..... ? Is that it? Then you are right...

In the 90s while you enjoyed a fadeaway or a dunk from MJ... i enjoyed the swish from 30 feet by Reggie / Drazen, their off ball play, hell including trashtalking etc.... i enjoyed Pennys super silky smooth game (found it actually much smoother than MJ's game in every way)... i enjoyed Kemps furious dunks ending up with those funky celebrations of his.... Jason Kidds crazy vision / flashy passing.... etc.... i found them more exciting ...

Everybody has an acquired taste....

guy
10-16-2013, 01:16 PM
Considering who i am? Haha!? Please tell me what my personality could possibly be which doesnt allow me to find for example Reggie Miller more exciting than Jordan and not allowed to have a contrasting taste? Is it because i dont spit on Lebron and dont agree with all your cynical statements? Because i wont hang around Jordan's jockstrap putting him on a pedestal all the time and disrespecting everybody else like many of you do here to be taken more seriously..... ? Is that it? Then you are right...

In the 90s while you enjoyed a fadeaway or a dunk from MJ... i enjoyed the swish from 30 feet by Reggie / Drazen, their off ball play, hell including trashtalking etc.... i enjoyed Pennys super silky smooth game (found it actually much smoother than MJ's game in every way)... i enjoyed Kemps furious dunks ending up with those funky celebrations of his.... Jason Kidds crazy vision / flashy passing.... etc.... i found them more exciting ...

Everybody has an acquired taste....

What cynical statements? I just said Lebron is clearly very exciting and entertaining. I'd probably only rank him behind Jordan and maybe AI in that regard.

Considering you hate on Jordan to pump Lebron, and because out of all the player's you mentioned, Lebron's game and the things that make him entertaining and exciting probably resemble Jordan more then anyone from that group and your favorite player is Lebron, yes, I have a hard time believing that you really think as many as 5 players from that era were MUCH more entertaining then Jordan.

russwest0
10-16-2013, 01:42 PM
> Most exciting player ever
> Gets shut down by Boris Diaw in the Finals

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

SilkkTheShocker
10-16-2013, 02:08 PM

2012 Finals must have slipped your mind. Typical OKC hick

scm5
10-16-2013, 02:15 PM
Are you kidding me? MJ was definitely more exciting to watch.

MJ had more masterful dunks/layups and his jumper was a thing of beauty.

Lebron is straight power, and while I can see the fun in watching that, you can only see the same thing so much before you grow tired of it. His jumper is ugly as sin compared to Jordan's.

Jordan also inspired so much confidence when he was playing, even on an off night.

Greg Oden 50
10-16-2013, 09:53 PM
2012 Finals must have slipped your mind. Typical OKC hick

AGAINST THE WEAKEST FINALS OF ALL TIME ????:oldlol:

alec613
10-16-2013, 09:59 PM
Exciting? no

It's more exciting to watch Stephen Curry play

Greg Oden 50
10-16-2013, 10:00 PM
JORDAN = GRACEFUL
LEBRON = UGLY :oldlol:

russwest0
10-16-2013, 10:11 PM

:rockon:

Simple Jack
10-18-2013, 12:01 AM

No response? Clown.

Greg Oden 50
10-18-2013, 12:06 AM
how can u compare a Rhinocero TO God Jordan ????:facepalm

NLZ
10-18-2013, 01:18 AM
I find LeBron not nearly as exciting as some do..

I'd rather watch 34 year old Bryant than 27 year old LeBron..

10-18-2013, 03:19 AM
My list of most exciting players includes Jordan, Dominique Wilkins, Dr. J, Pistol Pete Maravich, Reggie Miller, Elgin Baylor, David Thompson, Shawn Kemp, Clyde Drexler, and Connie Hawkins. I'd rather watch any of these guys instead of Lebron.

knicksman
10-18-2013, 03:46 AM
no way a beta is comparable to an alpha. betas are losers in this society

Cali Syndicate
10-18-2013, 03:59 AM
no way a beta is comparable to an alpha. betas are losers in this society

I agree. Betas are totally losers in society. Well, except when they're winning. But yeah when they lose, total losers. But when alphas lose, they don't win. So in conclusion, winners be winning and losers be losing.

'Merica! **** yeah!

crisoner
10-18-2013, 06:53 AM
No

Greg Oden 50
10-18-2013, 07:18 AM
:applause:
I find LeBron not nearly as exciting as some do..

I'd rather watch 34 year old Bryant than 27 year old LeBron..
:applause:

Xover
10-18-2013, 08:05 AM
most exciting player ever is this guy here

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/dam/assets/130621110626-lebron-james-childhood-single-image-cut.jpg

russwest0
10-18-2013, 05:32 PM
most exiting player ever is this guy here

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/dam/assets/130621110626-lebron-james-childhood-single-image-cut.jpg

That hairline... :facepalm

The Iron Fist
10-19-2013, 01:47 PM
You'll take less titles too.

5>2

aj1987
10-19-2013, 02:06 PM
You'll take less titles too.

5>2
You'll take Horry over Kobe?

7 > 5

senelcoolidge
10-19-2013, 02:23 PM
Yeah, lebron's game is not pretty to look at. I think it's boring for the most part. Holding the ball for the majority of the shot clock is not fun. He's also very jerky and kind of stiff. There are lots of other guys that are more fun to watch.

red1
10-19-2013, 02:34 PM
There are a few players in the league right now that are more exciting although lebron is up there still. Kobe wade rose then lebron. Although 09 and 10 cleveland lebron is more exciting to watch then all

russwest0
10-19-2013, 02:34 PM
You'll take Horry over Kobe?

7 > 5

Wow, you're retarded for comparing a role player to Kobe

D.J.
10-19-2013, 02:35 PM
No chance. Jordan, VC, Iverson, Kobe were all more exciting.

aj1987
10-19-2013, 02:52 PM
You're the retard who thinks current Kobe & Rose > Lebron.

funnystuff
10-19-2013, 02:52 PM
Kobe was a role player until 2001.

russwest0
10-19-2013, 02:53 PM

Kobe won 2 rings without Shaq.

Lets see LeBron do shit without Wade before comparing him to the likes of Kobe/MJ, etc

D.J.
10-19-2013, 02:54 PM

23/6/5 is quite the role player.

russwest0
10-19-2013, 03:01 PM
23/6/5 is quite the role player.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Le Shaqtus
10-19-2013, 03:07 PM
There are a few players in the league right now that are more exciting although lebron is up there still. Kobe wade rose then lebron. Although 09 and 10 cleveland lebron is more exciting to watch then all

Agreed, 2009 LeBron was super fun to watch, dude was so quick and dynamic it was ridiculous.

Current LeBron is quite a bore.

WindmiLL
10-19-2013, 03:22 PM
Huh? I'm talking about Game 5 89 ECF. He took 8 shots. Took one shot (which he airballed) in the 4th quarter. This was after being up 2-1 in the series, and a poor showing in game 4.

I'd say that pretty atrocious; as close as you can get to a disappearing act. Announcers were saying the same shit too.

Samurai, why no answer after your poetic tireless praising of Jordan in this thread or every other thread he's mentioned?

Is it maybe that your ''man'' wasn't so flawless afterall and he did have some black marks ih his career as well as Lebron?

FlashDwyaneWade3
10-19-2013, 03:28 PM
LeBron is a great player. But I don't find him exciting.

CavaliersFTW
10-19-2013, 03:30 PM

Sorry, but I actually think Dr. J film is more exciting than MJ's although MJ is obviously up there in terms of exciting play. But MJ couldn't do all the stuff Dr. J did. I've got some old Dr. J clips that are just insane.

SamuraiSWISH
10-19-2013, 04:10 PM
Sorry, but I actually think Dr. J film is more exciting than MJ's although MJ is obviously up there in terms of exciting play. But MJ couldn't do all the stuff Dr. J did. I've got some old Dr. J clips that are just insane.
Good for you? Why the need to quote me, tell me sorry, and then give me an explanation of why you like Dr. J?

You could've just posted that without replying directly to me. Hop off my mushroom tip, kiddo.

You're like 18, you never saw Doctor J play within context. You weren't "excited" to watch Julius Erving. His most exciting days came in the ABA and in Rucker Park summer leagues in the 70s.

And no, MJ does all the aerial acrobatics Dr. J gave us, along with vastly superior basketball skills on both sides of the ball. Along with being the clearly superior big game player.

MJ wasn't the most likable, entertaining and swagger jacked player of all-time without good reason. Shit, a watered down knock off version of him is a top ten player and another of the most entertaining players ever.

This is a no contest for Jordan.

CavaliersFTW
10-19-2013, 04:15 PM
Good for you? Why the need to quote me, tell me sorry, and then give me an explanation?

You're like 18, you never saw Doctor J play within context. You weren't "excited" to watch Julius Erving. His most exciting days came in the ABA and in Rucker Park summer leagues in the 70s.

And no, MJ does all the aerial acrobatics Dr. J gave us, along with vastly superior basketball skills on both sides of the ball. Along with being the clearly superior big game player.

MJ wasn't the most likable, entertaining and swagger jacked player of all-time without good reason. Shit, a watered down knock off version of him is a top ten player and another of the most entertaining players ever.

You seem furious dude, calm down. I seriously think Julius was the better aerial acrobat which in my eyes makes watching film of him more exciting. Mj could do most of the things he did above the rim but not all of it, MJ wasn't quite as long / tall as Dr. J this extra couple of inches of reach Dr. J had enabled him to do slightly more. You act like I'm insulting MJ by saying that... I'm not, I'm just being a realist. Dr. J would do scoop shots and layups MJ did not even attempt.

SamuraiSWISH
10-19-2013, 04:19 PM
You seem furious dude, calm down.
I don't care if you think Dr. J is more entertaining, it's subjective to begin with. Many people in this thread said Jordan is the most entertaining. I'm just wondering why you felt the need to reply strictly to me? You're creepy ...

No one likes talking ball with you because you're 18 and annoyingly, obsessively talk about players pre 1985 that we know you never watched in context. It's insulting to our intelligence.

WindmiLL
10-19-2013, 04:46 PM

Just love how Samurai is avoiding this post like the plague.

Simple Jack
10-20-2013, 11:54 PM
Just love how Samurai is avoiding this post like the plague.

Of course he's avoiding it. Dude is furious.

miles berg
10-21-2013, 12:32 AM
LeBron is among the most boring superstars. He is awesome but an absolute bore to watch when compared to past superstars.

rodman91
10-22-2013, 03:34 PM
Todays game? No. Lebron is so boring. He doesn't have flashy moves like Rose, Irving etc. or fundamentals like Duncan or Kobe.

Ever seen? Hell no. Iverson was so much fun. Jason Williams as well. Hakeem on big centers was fun to watch as well. Shawn Kemp, Vince Carter, Jordan etc.

Actually Lebron might be most boring superstar to watch after Howard & Durant right now. He is boring on half court offense. He does same dunk over and over again in fast breaks.

Dragonyeuw
10-23-2013, 12:00 PM
TVSG thread....

La Frescobaldi
10-23-2013, 02:30 PM
Good for you? Why the need to quote me, tell me sorry, and then give me an explanation of why you like Dr. J?

You could've just posted that without replying directly to me. Hop off my mushroom tip, kiddo.

That may be true for you.

It's not for a lot of guys that watched earlier ball. Cavs is right Julius Erving was far more acrobatic, creative, at least as athletic than Jordan ever was. You are the one who doesn't know what he's talking about dude, not Cavs who freely admits he's going by film.

Bird & Magic were both more exciting to me so was Erving so was David Thompson. Jordan gets credit for stuff he never invented. I never saw a single move from Jordan that I hadn't seen at least 10 years before. Connie Hawkins did more with a basketball than Michael Jordan ever dreamed of and that was 1968, 1970.

It's all opinions & you can have yours whatever it is; but respecting another opinion is part of a wider view.
Can you dig it?

Stringer Bell
11-27-2013, 04:17 PM
Jordan from his rookie year to the early 90s was the most exciting player I've ever seen.

Teanett
11-27-2013, 04:23 PM
most exciting player since jordan:
http://www.hdwallpapersinn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/allen-iverson-benz-and-a-backpack.jpg

kamil
11-27-2013, 04:40 PM
LeBrons* game is boring as fvck. Exciting players to me were young Kobe, VC, D-Wade (even now), Iverson and MJ (though not so much in his last years as a Bull imo)

chocolatethunder
11-27-2013, 05:46 PM

That about sums it up
/thread

chocolatethunder
11-27-2013, 05:54 PM
That may be true for you.

It's not for a lot of guys that watched earlier ball. Cavs is right Julius Erving was far more acrobatic, creative, at least as athletic than Jordan ever was. You are the one who doesn't know what he's talking about dude, not Cavs who freely admits he's going by film.

Bird & Magic were both more exciting to me so was Erving so was David Thompson. Jordan gets credit for stuff he never invented. I never saw a single move from Jordan that I hadn't seen at least 10 years before. Connie Hawkins did more with a basketball than Michael Jordan ever dreamed of and that was 1968, 1970.

It's all opinions & you can have yours whatever it is; but respecting another opinion is part of a wider view.
Can you dig it?

I understand what you're saying and can see where you're coming from. While Doc was a phenomenon when I was a kid, Jordan was on a different level. Jordan wasn't necessarily doing thing that hadn't been done before but he was doing them better and was doing more things than other people. He was really exciting but most of all he was a killer. Once he got over the hump of the Pistons he was unstoppable as a winner. Before then, he was exciting but after that he was just unreal. I will however say that lots of guys from his era were awesome. Barkley in his first three years was unreal. Never seen a dude that size do those things. He was ruthless. Dominique was way more exciting than Lebron. Magic and Bird were exciting too no doubt. Magic running the break, those Laker teams running the break will never be matched as far as I'm concerned. I was born in 72 so I missed Connie hawkins and those dudes. But for me, basketball from 1980 til when Houston won their championships was the most exciting. That's just my opinion. But for sure Vince Carter was way more exciting than Lebron.

Teanett
11-27-2013, 05:59 PM

:rockon:

sportjames23
11-27-2013, 06:33 PM
saw??

Hell. No.

Lebron was no way near as exciting as MJ was.

Please, son, watch some YouTube videos of MJ. There's plenty of them available. Compare his highlights vs Lebron's. Then come back and see me.

Greg Oden 50
11-27-2013, 07:58 PM
Hell. No.

Lebron was no way near as exciting as MJ was.

Please, son, watch some YouTube videos of MJ. There's plenty of them available. Compare his highlights vs Lebron's. Then come back and see me.

LEBRON IS BORING

Doranku
11-27-2013, 08:01 PM
What? :oldlol: Poor fundamentals (shooting form, footwork, etc) and a borderline football approach to the game is NOT exciting. In terms of excitement among the all-time greats, LeBron is without a doubt at the very bottom of the list.

Lebron23
11-27-2013, 08:17 PM
His nickname should be Mr. Excitement.

SpecialQue
11-27-2013, 08:30 PM
No, he isn't. Magic was much more exciting to watch. That is my personal preference.

It's cool that you like Lebron, but really, it's OK for other people not to.

miles berg
11-27-2013, 08:32 PM
He is extremely boring to watch.

CelticBaller
11-27-2013, 08:33 PM
Nope. Tmac, VC, AI, KG, Dirk, Shaq fvck even Kobe.

Mr. Jabbar
11-27-2013, 08:33 PM
if it weren't for stats lebrons game would be nothing...its fugly and uninspiring

Mr. Jabbar
11-27-2013, 08:34 PM

its ok man, everything will be fine...

TheReal Kendall
11-27-2013, 08:34 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/heeeeell-no.gif

Lebron23
11-27-2013, 08:36 PM
He is extremely boring to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBIGXg0YTWA

outbreak
11-27-2013, 08:44 PM
he's undisputed best player in the league right now but his game isn't attractive. Some of my non nba friends who've watched playoffs/finals with me are shocked when i tell them he's the best guy on the court with how his moves look. He's extremely effective not not known for look good you can't call him boring though

Greg Oden 50
11-27-2013, 09:19 PM
only lebron's fans thinks he is exiciting :roll:
even duncan is more fun than lebron

Haymaker
11-27-2013, 10:36 PM
I used to enjoy Bron a little bit more when he was in the Cavs. Now he takes only open shots and works more in the post. His stats are pretty but his game is eh.

OldSchoolBBall
11-27-2013, 10:46 PM
lol @ that dude saying that Lebron is more exciting than MJ on defense. These cats are straight HIGH. :oldlol: