PDA

View Full Version : Melo wants to test free agency

Real Men Wear Green
10-16-2013, 05:13 PM
So, what realistic scenario can we come up with that gives him the best chance to win a ring? (http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/9834846/carmelo-anthony-new-york-knicks-says-wants-free-agent)

Here's hoping he doesn't end up teamed with James.

TheReal Kendall
10-16-2013, 05:17 PM
I don't think he leaves NY.

I would like to see him on the Bulls with Rose and Noah.

Melo just wanna see what his worth is

#number6ix#
10-16-2013, 05:18 PM
It's all about the money... Smart move... There's always a spot for him in Miami

Andrew Wiggins
10-16-2013, 05:18 PM
I don't think he leaves NY.

I would like to see him on the Bulls with Rose and Noah.

Melo just wanna see what his worth is

so he's signing with brooklyn then??

HylianNightmare
10-16-2013, 05:19 PM
LA

kennethgriffin
10-16-2013, 05:19 PM
everyone tests free agency

you get more money from extensions when you wait..

it doesnt mean hes looking to leave new york

Real Men Wear Green
10-16-2013, 05:20 PM
Chi won't have the cap space. They'd have to make a trade and if Rose is off-limits there's no way a deal is made.

Real Men Wear Green
10-16-2013, 05:22 PM
It's all about the money... Smart move... There's always a spot for him in Miami
How does that happen without losing James and/or Wade?

longtime lurker
10-16-2013, 05:23 PM
Man that's a lot of money to give up if he leaves, otherwise welcome to LA Melo.

niko
10-16-2013, 05:24 PM
You have to opt out to get the most money. We go thorough this every time. I'm surprised OP posted this likes it's something new.

branslowski
10-16-2013, 05:25 PM

Melo should stay in NY or join Lakers after Kobe is bout to retire. Melo is a fan of Jordan and he knows MJ was against the bitch route LeBron took to join Wades team. Doesn't wanna be viewed as a bitch, he rather beat LeBron than join him like a panzy. No Miami destination for Melo.

Real Men Wear Green
10-16-2013, 05:25 PM
People saying LA: Do you think Bryant will take a pay cut?

niko
10-16-2013, 05:28 PM
I think Kobe will pay for a low amount just to try to win a final ring. (Not a ****ing chance in hell.)

Real Men Wear Green
You have to opt out to get the most money. We go thorough this every time. I'm surprised OP posted this likes it's something new.
Because Melo said,
"I want to be a free agent," Anthony told the New York Observer. "I think everybody in the NBA dreams to be a free agent at least one time in their career. It's like you have an evaluation period, you know. It's like if I'm in the gym and I have all the coaches, all the owners, all the GMs come into the gym and just evaluate everything I do. So yes, I want that experience."That's not how you sound if your mind is made up.

niko
Where's my Yui? Something wrong with the board that we lost avi's? Lebron about to say something stupid and the traffic go up?

niko
10-16-2013, 05:30 PM
Because Melo said, That's not how you sound if your mind is made up.
It's a non story, he said he was going to free agency before, he said he's going to free agency now. Unless you though the "im staying" he said to everyone to shut them up was somehow a binding agreement. You're also NOT allowed to have an agreement with a team to sign unless you actually sign an extension, which would be less years and less money unless you opt out.

It's really non news, it's something knicksfever2010 would post like breaking news. I'm thinking your giddiness from Sunday has affected your judgment.

Nash
10-16-2013, 05:30 PM
Lol he'd have to leave 35m on the table if he wants to play somewhere else. He will not go anywhere.

longtime lurker
10-16-2013, 05:31 PM

I think Bryant is willing to do whatever it takes if he sees the team is looking to build a championship. I think we can all agree that there's no way in hell he's getting the 30 million he made last year.

kurple
10-16-2013, 05:33 PM
Chi won't have the cap space. They'd have to make a trade and if Rose is off-limits there's no way a deal is made.
it will never happen, but i would love it if melo forced a trade from NY to Chicago or Miami

then heat/bulls fans can offer something like Eddy Curry and Anthony Ranolph + 2nd round pick

niko
10-16-2013, 05:35 PM
it will never happen, but i would love it if melo forced a trade from NY to Chicago or Miami

then heat/bulls fans can offer something like Eddy Curry and Anthony Ranolph + 2nd round pick

If he leaves he leaves. You're allowed to, it's free agency. Melo never did anything except say he'd not resign unless he was traded to NY. I'd like to see how many people here would go to a company they didn't want to work at, and stay there for 5 years so the company they are leaving would benefit a lot. Please...

Real Men Wear Green
10-16-2013, 05:39 PM
It's a non story, he said he was going to free agency before, he said he's going to free agency now. Unless you though the "im staying" he said to everyone to shut them up was somehow a binding agreement. You're also NOT allowed to have an agreement with a team to sign unless you actually sign an extension, which would be less years and less money unless you opt out.

It's really non news, it's something knicksfever2010 would post like breaking news. I'm thinking your giddiness from Sunday has affected your judgment.
No, I reacted to a quote in a story I saw. Do I have your permission to do that?
I think Bryant is willing to do whatever it takes if he sees the team is looking to build a championship. I think we can all agree that there's no way in hell he's getting the 30 million he made last year.
It depends on how he comes back. If he returns as the guy he was before he's not going to concede as much as he will if he comes back scoring in the teens. But if he is significantly worse than he was last year then the bare-bones squad LA would have to field to sign Melo is nowhere near contending, worse than the Knicks in fact. He won't get 30 but I bet a superstar BGryant doesn't accept not being one of the league's highest-paid players, if not the highest paid.

It's A VC3!!!
10-16-2013, 05:40 PM
Why would any sensible human being think that Melo would go to the Lakers? The current Knicks team is much, much better than the Lakers would be with a combo of Melo and a near-retired Kobe and a near-retired Pau. In all likelihood he will stay with the Knicks. The only other place he would go to are the Cavs, if they have cap room. A trio of Kyrie, Bynum and Melo would be nice.

Real Men Wear Green
10-16-2013, 05:41 PM

Why would NY accept that? If that's the deal they must receive NY should just make him take the pay cut. There has to be some benefit if you're going to engage in a trade.

NumberSix
10-16-2013, 05:42 PM
So, what realistic scenario can we come up with that gives him the best chance to win a ring? (http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/9834846/carmelo-anthony-new-york-knicks-says-wants-free-agent)

Here's hoping he doesn't end up teamed with James.
I 2nd that.

NewYorkNoPicks
10-16-2013, 05:44 PM

Its all about money yet you think hell go to Miami? For the MLE right? Smh...:facepalm

bdreason
10-16-2013, 05:47 PM
I think he will leave NYC. Lakers will probably offer him the moon, and what does NYC have to offer? A core of Amare and JR Smith?

Real Men Wear Green
Note: I do believe that NY has a chance to keep Anthony. Just that they'll have to get better. For the sake of this season Anthony can't be thinking the Knick roster has no chance at a ring. But once the season is over, if they have the same rotation and his priority is winning, how does he stay there?

niko
Why would any sensible human being think that Melo would go to the Lakers? The current Knicks team is much, much better than the Lakers would be with a combo of Melo and a near-retired Kobe and a near-retired Pau. In all likelihood he will stay with the Knicks. The only other place he would go to are the Cavs, if they have cap room. A trio of Kyrie, Bynum and Melo would be nice.
He'd literally need to divorce his wife first.

DuMa
10-16-2013, 05:48 PM
I hope he goes to LA. the amount of chucking and ball hogging will be epic

niko
10-16-2013, 05:52 PM
Note: I do believe that NY has a chance to keep Anthony. Just that they'll have to get better. For the sake of this season Anthony can't be thinking the Knick roster has no chance at a ring. But once the season is over, if they have the same rotation and his priority is winning, how does he stay there?

What's a better situation? LA? And it can't be Cleveland, etc. because all joking aside, he's not going to a place his wife wouldn't follow.

Real Men Wear Green
10-16-2013, 05:54 PM
I think he will leave NYC. Lakers will probably offer him the moon, and what does NYC have to offer? A core of Amare and JR Smith?
LA can't do much better and still offer the max. On paper they only have 12.66 mil committed in cap space. But that's only if they have a roster of Steve Nash, Nick Young, Robert Sacre and Elias Harris. Basically a nearly-retired former star, an SG who isn't as good as JR Smith, and two players that most basketball fans could not identify on sight. They're going to have to sign some players and we don't know who those players are. They will probably retain Bryant but if they do there won't be cap space for anyone other than Anthony. That's no depth, no bigs (depending on what happens with Gasol), probably no pg for large parts of the season (Nash isn't playing 75+ games).

NewYorkNoPicks
10-16-2013, 05:57 PM

You really dont know much about the team situations outside of California do you?

Nearly all Knick contracts expire in 2015 and Melo has been told they can reload the roster through free agency then

Real Men Wear Green
10-16-2013, 05:57 PM
What's a better situation? LA? And it can't be Cleveland, etc. because all joking aside, he's not going to a place his wife wouldn't follow.
I don't have every team's cap situation committed to memory and am not going to look through them right now to give you a specific answer without getting paid for the effort. That's part of why I made this topic, let everyone come with ideas instead of just me. But I will tell you a lot can happen over the course of a season. A few trades, injuries, surprise signings, rookie break-outs, and who knows? Someone could create the right scenario.

niko
10-16-2013, 05:58 PM
I find it interesting people think Kobe is taking a huge pay cut. Unless he's playing it close to the vest it doesn't sound like that.

longtime lurker
10-16-2013, 06:00 PM
It depends on how he comes back. If he returns as the guy he was before he's not going to concede as much as he will if he comes back scoring in the teens. But if he is significantly worse than he was last year then the bare-bones squad LA would have to field to sign Melo is nowhere near contending, worse than the Knicks in fact. He won't get 30 but I bet a superstar BGryant doesn't accept not being one of the league's highest-paid players, if not the highest paid.

Kobe knows he has 2-3 years left so it wouldn't make sense for him to jeopardize his best shot at ring over getting paid. If the Lakers management told him we have Melo and Bosh ready to sign or Melo and Lebron(pipe dream) ready to sign do you think he'll ruin a shot at a ring over being paid like a superstar for 2 years? If he's all about championships like he says he is then it would be counter productive. Now on the other hand if the Lakers say the best they can do is bring in the same core from the previous season then by all means Kobe should sign for as much as he can and chase scoring titles.

niko
10-16-2013, 06:02 PM
I don't have every team's cap situation committed to memory and am not going to look through them right now to give you a specific answer without getting paid for the effort. That's part of why I made this topic, let everyone come with ideas instead of just me. But I will tell you a lot can happen over the course of a season. A few trades, injuries, surprise signings, rookie break-outs, and who knows? Someone could create the right scenario.
I thought 2015 and rondo and hibbert out there (among others) to match with him is a good scenario. One more year, and reload with him literally playing GM. That's what the Knicks can offer. I don't see a lot of big markets matching that.

How come the Celtics are not as big a FA draw? It's Boston, it should be a possible Lebron/Durant, etc. destination (Dwight) but it never sounds like it's in the mix. To me, Boston should be an A+ idea. But it doesn't feel like, the last 10 years or so it's been. Even with it's success.

If he wants to leave it creates a situation that the Knicks could clear the whole cap for Lebron a year after. That's a intriquing and sickening scenario at the same time.

Real Men Wear Green
10-16-2013, 06:09 PM
Kobe knows he has 2-3 years left so it wouldn't make sense for him to jeopardize his best shot at ring over getting paid.If money wasn't important to Bryant he wouldn't be making 30 mil this year. If he just wants another rign he takes the MLE from Oklahoma. Money matters, even to rich people.
If the Lakers management told him we have Melo and Bosh ready to sign or Melo and Lebron(pipe dream) ready to sign do you think he'll ruin a shot at a ring over being paid like a superstar for 2 years?Melo and James? Yeah, you're pipe dreaming.
If he's all about championships like he says he is then it would be counter productive. Now on the other hand if the Lakers say the best they can do is bring in the same core from the previous season then by all means Kobe should sign for as much as he can and chase scoring titles.
Bryant has won 5 rings getting paid what he gets paid. Unless he's significantly diminished as a player he's not going to settle for the MLE or whatever pay cut you think he's going to take so LA can bring in two prime stars.

Ideally this thread is about discussing realistic possibilities. Two superstars plus Bryant is not realistic.

longtime lurker
10-16-2013, 06:18 PM
If money wasn't important to Bryant he wouldn't be making 30 mil this year. If he just wants another rign he takes the MLE from Oklahoma. Money matters, even to rich people.

And is Bryant still in his prime to command 30 million? You're comparing two entirely different situations.

Melo and James? Yeah, you're pipe dreaming.

I gave you a scenario where Bryant could and SHOULD take a pay cut. Whether it's realistic or not doesn't matter.

Bryant has won 5 rings getting paid what he gets paid. Unless he's significantly diminished as a player he's not going to settle for the MLE or whatever pay cut you think he's going to take so LA can bring in two prime stars.

Ideally this thread is about discussing realistic possibilities. Two superstars plus Bryant is not realistic.

I never said that he'd sign for the MLE any where in my posts. Going from 30 million to 10 million is a pay cut. Going from 30 million to 15 million is a pay cut. And yes the Lakers have enough cap space to sign 2 max free agents and still offer Bryant 10 million.

Real Men Wear Green
10-16-2013, 06:19 PM
I thought 2015 and rondo and hibbert out there (among others) to match with him is a good scenario. One more year, and reload with him literally playing GM. That's what the Knicks can offer. I don't see a lot of big markets matching that.If NY can sell him on the possibilities of cap space then good for them but I expect there will be at least one team that comes with tangible stars that he knows he will be able to play with.

How come the Celtics are not as big a FA draw? It's Boston, it should be a possible Lebron/Durant, etc. destination (Dwight) but it never sounds like it's in the mix. To me, Boston should be an A+ idea. But it doesn't feel like, the last 10 years or so it's been. Even with it's success.I can't remember the last time the Celtics had max cap space. They may not have ever had max space in the cap era, not sure. Ainge was able to use the MLE and vet minimum to supplement a contending core for a number of years. The Cs do alright, but this city isn't as attractive to young black men as LA, NY, or Miami is going to be. The clubs close at 1:45 and don't play hiphop beyond the mainstream.

If he wants to leave it creates a situation that the Knicks could clear the whole cap for Lebron a year after. That's a intriquing and sickening scenario at the same time.
It's a bad idea to base rebuilding strategy on one player on someone else's roster but if NY truly cleared out their cap and waited patiently they are one of the few cities that could take away someone else's superstar.

Real Men Wear Green
10-16-2013, 06:21 PM
And is Bryant still in his prime to command 30 million? You're comparing two entirely different situations. I have repeatedly presented to possibilities with the Bryant we will see because coming back from injury I don't know how good he'll be. That should be obvious.

I gave you a scenario where Bryant could and SHOULD take a pay cut. Whether it's realistic or not doesn't matter. Of course being realistic matters. What's the use in discussing something that won't happen?

I never said that he'd sign for the MLE any where in my posts. Going from 30 million to 10 million is a pay cut. Going from 30 million to 15 million is a pay cut. And yes the Lakers have enough cap space to sign 2 max free agents and still offer Bryant 10 million.Whether or not you think it matters, expecting Bryant to accept 10 mil is not realistic.

NumberSix
10-16-2013, 06:23 PM
I don't think Jim Buss will offer Kobe a max contract.

Real Men Wear Green
10-16-2013, 06:27 PM
I don't think Jim Buss will offer Kobe a max contract.
So after blowing it with Phil Jackson and then blowing it with Dwight Howard you think Buss will go for the trifecta of blowing it with one of the most beloved Lakers of all time? Bryant isn't the guy you lowball.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
10-16-2013, 06:58 PM
LA can't do much better and still offer the max. On paper they only have 12.66 mil committed in cap space. But that's only if they have a roster of Steve Nash, Nick Young, Robert Sacre and Elias Harris. Basically a nearly-retired former star, an SG who isn't as good as JR Smith, and two players that most basketball fans could not identify on sight. They're going to have to sign some players and we don't know who those players are. They will probably retain Bryant but if they do there won't be cap space for anyone other than Anthony. That's no depth, no bigs (depending on what happens with Gasol), probably no pg for large parts of the season (Nash isn't playing 75+ games).

Maybe u dont know how it works.

They can stretch waive nash and only have 2mil on cap.

They can 2 max( lebron + melo) & still sign kobe + pau

Or they can sign melo + dirk + kobe + pau

#number6ix#
10-16-2013, 07:05 PM
How does that happen without losing James and/or Wade?
We have to lose bosh... Move bron to the 4 melo at the 3 match up nightmare

kenny817
10-16-2013, 07:15 PM
I think Kobe will pay for a low amount just to try to win a final ring. (Not a ****ing chance in hell.)

Kobe whom?

You obviously aren't referring to Kobe Bean Bryant

kenny817
10-16-2013, 07:19 PM

Dirk is not leaving the Dallas Mavericks. 2010 before the ring he was a free agent...for about 7 minutes

He got a ring here and you think he is leaving at age 36?

Smh

Real Men Wear Green
10-16-2013, 07:29 PM
Maybe u dont know how it works.There are certainly people that know more about cap management than me. You aren't one of them.

They can stretch waive nash and only have 2mil on cap.Oh look, it's the big assumption that makes it all possible. Commence pipe dreaming.

That was fun.

Solefade
10-16-2013, 07:31 PM
Melo should stay in NY or join Lakers after Kobe is bout to retire. Melo is a fan of Jordan and he knows MJ was against the bitch route LeBron took to join Wades team. Doesn't wanna be viewed as a bitch, he rather beat LeBron than join him like a panzy. No Miami destination for Melo.

Oh really? Did you talk to Jordan or Melo about this?

branslowski
10-16-2013, 07:37 PM
Oh really? Did you talk to Jordan or Melo about this?

Seen . Melo interview years ago inwhich he discussed his admiration for Jordan and the way he went about things.

Seen a MJ interview from 2010' when MJ was asked about LeBron joining Top 3 player (at the time) Wades team in which he responded "I wouldn't have done that. I didn't wanna join Bird or Magic's team, I wanted to beat those guys"...It was pretty public news.

So I put 2 and 2 together, and figured my post is a logical thought.

HurricaneKid
10-16-2013, 08:18 PM

You know nothing of the CBA. The cap holds alone would preclude LAL from signing either much less both.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/69215/how-the-lakers-salary-cap-reality-makes-the-lebron-carmelo-summer-of-2014-a-pipe-dream

Solefade
10-16-2013, 08:21 PM
Seen . Melo interview years ago inwhich he discussed his admiration for Jordan and the way he went about things.

Seen a MJ interview from 2010' when MJ was asked about LeBron joining Top 3 player (at the time) Wades team in which he responded "I wouldn't have done that. I didn't wanna join Bird or Magic's team, I wanted to beat those guys"...It was pretty public news.

So I put 2 and 2 together, and figured my post is a logical thought.

What makes you think Melo thinks the same way? Melo doesn't have a Pippen, Kareem, Kevin Mchale, James Worthy on his team neither unless you consider JR Smith on the same level as those guys. :facepalm

longtime lurker
10-16-2013, 08:40 PM
You know nothing of the CBA. The cap holds alone would preclude LAL from signing either much less both.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/69215/how-the-lakers-salary-cap-reality-makes-the-lebron-carmelo-summer-of-2014-a-pipe-dream

You realize this whole article doesn't take into account the stretch provision that the Lakers could use on Nash....

La Frescobaldi
10-16-2013, 08:43 PM
Does Siberia have a team? He could go there

http://www.theasc.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/06_basketball-hoop.jpeg

Big plus he could break into the shoe market with his own Airs:
http://authenticcanadianmukluks.com/store/images/AdultAuthenticCanadaMukluksMoccasinBoots.jpg

niko
10-16-2013, 08:49 PM
Player on your team: Of course they opted out, it's the only way to get max money.

Player on other team: He's opting out, OMG YOU ARE LOSING HIM.

sc19
10-16-2013, 10:01 PM
So many delusional Lakers fan here. No. He's not going to LA. Especially with Kobe publicly stating he isn't taking a pay cut.

KyleKong
10-16-2013, 10:08 PM
I think its a 50/50 for NY and LA honestly.

LA needs to stop their attempts at getting LeBron and throw everything at Melo, more realistic for him to go to LA than LeBron.

Trentknicks
10-16-2013, 10:12 PM
How many balls are the Melo/Kobe led hypothetical Lakers team going to be able to play with?

longtime lurker
10-16-2013, 10:15 PM
Player on your team: Of course they opted out, it's the only way to get max money.

Player on other team: He's opting out, OMG YOU ARE LOSING HIM.

I don't disagree with you at all. I actually think Melo ultimately ends up resigning with New York, but do you think that there's anything to the fact that he said he's testing free agency vs saying he's opting out to resign?

Trentknicks
10-16-2013, 10:19 PM
I don't disagree with you at all. I actually think Melo ultimately ends up resigning with New York, but do you think that there's anything to the fact that he said he's testing free agency vs saying he's opting out to resign?
He has 0 leverage if he says that.

longtime lurker
10-16-2013, 10:21 PM
He has 0 leverage if he says that.

If he intends on resigning what does he need leverage for? Knicks will give him the max and can pay him the most.

gts
10-16-2013, 10:22 PM
As this season unfolds we'll know more about where Melo will be next year. It's completely dependent on how the Knicks do this season.

As for Kobe it's more complicated than just is he worth Max money or if the Lakers would offer him max money. They can't and won't and Kobe is smart enough to know that. He'll be 35 next season and 36 the following so the 36 rules comes into play which would mean a max contract for Kobe would cripple the Lakers CBA wise.

NumberSix
10-16-2013, 10:30 PM
Maybe Melo will go to Cleveland. From what I hear, they have a super stacked roster.

El Kabong
10-16-2013, 10:33 PM
As this season unfolds we'll know more about where Melo will be next year. It's completely dependent on how the Knicks do this season.

As for Kobe it's more complicated than just is he worth Max money or if the Lakers would offer him max money. They can't and won't and Kobe is smart enough to know that. He'll be 35 next season and 36 the following so the 36 rules comes into play which would mean a max contract for Kobe would cripple the Lakers CBA wise.
If the Lakers can put a team (and coach) around Kobe than can contend for a title then I think he stays for cheap. 2 things he cares about now is another title and beating Kareem for the scoring title. They'll be gunning to add LeBron and/or Melo to the team as a free agent next year.

Now if that plan bombs out like the Mavs Deron/Dwight plan than it's anyone's guess what he does. Signs in Chicago for cheap?

Trentknicks
10-16-2013, 10:33 PM
If he intends on resigning what does he need leverage for? Knicks will give him the max and can pay him the most.
In this situation your probably right, but some organisations can pull stupid shit and try to get the player at a discount. Melo's just safeguarding this and helping himself not look like a clown if he did leave.

Personally I think Kobe will be well past done by FA and bias aside, with the Knicks having nothing else on their books the year after Melo possibly re-signing, I can't think of a better situation for him?

R.I.P.
10-17-2013, 12:57 AM
Lakers, Celtics, Mavs, Cavs...who else?

Damn if he bails from the Knicks after he forced himself into NYC. The Knicks overpaid given that the Nuggets had a gun to their head and a knife already in their back. Melo would have done them worse than Isiah. LOL. Leaves them for dead with Amare

Doranku
10-17-2013, 01:03 AM

If a guy like Melo commits to coming here, then I could see it happening.

Fox
10-17-2013, 01:10 AM
Would love to see a chuck fest between him and Kobrick in LA.

BallsOut
10-17-2013, 01:44 AM
There's two questions we have to ask in this scenario:

Why Kobe may not take a paycut?
1) He's selfish and politically correct, actually cares about money more than the 6th ring despite all the talk

Why Kobe takes a paycut?
1) 6th ring, we all know there's not one guy in the NBA that wants his 6th ring more than Kobe
2) He actually sees a part of himself in Melo as a player which would be perfect passing of torch situation for the Lakers

So assuming Kobe does indeed take the paycut, Lakers trade Nash for future picks, bunch of former Lakers sign veteran minimum deals with the Lakers, and a 62 mill cap space to work with in 2015, the Lakers can put together a realistic championship calibur team such as:

PG: Jarrett Jack (2 mill) | Steve Blake (1 mill) | Jordan Famar (1 mill)
SG: Kobe Bryant (20 mill) | Trevor Ariza (1 mill)
SF: Carmelo Anthony (20 mill) | Brandon Rush (1 mill)
PF: Earl Clark (2 mill) | Lamar Odom (1 mill) | World Peace (1 mill)
C: Pau Gasol (10 mill) | Jordan Hill (1 mill) | Robert Sacre (1 mill)

:wtf: :eek: :bowdown:

The_Yearning
10-17-2013, 03:39 AM
LA Bound baby. Melo wants to take the mantle from the Black Mamba.

BallsOut
10-17-2013, 10:45 PM
LA Bound baby. Melo wants to take the mantle from the Black Mamba.

word

iDunk
10-17-2013, 10:59 PM
People don't know how much Melo loves NY, everything is there for him. Plus 30 extra million dollars.

0.2% chance he leaves.

bagelred
10-17-2013, 11:05 PM
Melo wants to be courted. He wants to be talked about. He wants people to show him love. He wants the attention. That's why he's doing free agency. Just like Dwyane Wade back in 2010. Wade was never leaving Miami, but he just wanted to be part of the attention. So does Melo. Melo wants to get recognition the other top guys gets. He even wants the Knicks to show him love too....and to make sure he gets maxed out. And get anything else he wants to....

If you think Melo is leaving New York to go to a small market, you people are delusional. Clippers? No cap space. Bulls? No cap space. Heat? No cap space. Nets? No cap space.

Let's face it. Melo is either staying in New York or going to Lakers. Right now, I have it as 85% Knicks, 13% Lakers, 2% somewhere else.

kshutts1
10-18-2013, 10:36 AM
If I ran a team and I heard that Melo wanted to test FA, I'd throw some nice trade offers at the Knicks, hoping they're scared enough to accept one...

Deng, Taj Gibson, Charlotte's pick, Bulls 2014 and 2016 pick, rights to Nikola Mirotic for Melo.

CanYouDigIt
10-18-2013, 10:47 AM
Send the bitch back to Denver.

Carmelo

for

Gallo, Wilson, Randolph

2LeTTeRS
10-18-2013, 11:15 AM
There's two questions we have to ask in this scenario:

Why Kobe may not take a paycut?
1) He's selfish and politically correct, actually cares about money more than the 6th ring despite all the talk

Why Kobe takes a paycut?
1) 6th ring, we all know there's not one guy in the NBA that wants his 6th ring more than Kobe
2) He actually sees a part of himself in Melo as a player which would be perfect passing of torch situation for the Lakers

So assuming Kobe does indeed take the paycut, Lakers trade Nash for future picks, bunch of former Lakers sign veteran minimum deals with the Lakers, and a 62 mill cap space to work with in 2015, the Lakers can put together a realistic championship calibur team such as:

PG: Jarrett Jack (2 mill) | Steve Blake (1 mill) | Jordan Famar (1 mill)
SG: Kobe Bryant (20 mill) | Trevor Ariza (1 mill)
SF: Carmelo Anthony (20 mill) | Brandon Rush (1 mill)
PF: Earl Clark (2 mill) | Lamar Odom (1 mill) | World Peace (1 mill)
C: Pau Gasol (10 mill) | Jordan Hill (1 mill) | Robert Sacre (1 mill)

:wtf: :eek: :bowdown:

You do realize in the summer of '14 Jarret Jack would still be under contract with the Cavs making over $6 mil a year while Earl Clark would be making $4.25 mil with the Cavs?

Also even if Nash was cut using the stretch provision he would count about $3.25 mil on the 2014/15 cap.

niko
10-18-2013, 11:17 AM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]Lakers, Celtics, Mavs, Cavs...who else?

Damn if he bails from the Knicks after he forced himself into NYC. The Knicks overpaid given that the Nuggets had a gun to their head and a knife already in their back. Melo would have done them worse than Isiah. LOL. Leaves them for dead with Amare