PDA

View Full Version : tablets, smart phones, laptops

MJ(Mean John)
10-16-2013, 05:25 PM
I sware these products are redundant...

I have an iphone and macbook
BUT im thinking of getting a tablet to stream games.

question: can you get viruses on tablets ? Can you stream games?

Also im afraid to stream games on my macbook. Should I worry? Or is it safe?

I feel that the cheaper tablet s are like my phone, just bigger. Then the more expensive tablets are like my laptop but cheaper..

idk. Im stuck.. I want to get a tablet because its smaller and easier to carry and use, and to stream games when im away from home or games I dont get.
I want to stay with apple product simply because its compatible with the rest of my stuff but sam sung makes a way better product for half the price.

Thoughts?

Unstoppabull
10-16-2013, 06:11 PM
I've always been redundant to purchase a tablet. It's kinda in the middle ground here, not portable enough carry everywhere like your phone(need a backpack or purse), and not practical enough to do real work on it, like actually typing reports/papers, coding, editing, etc. I always envision tablets for purely entertainment, like for a better version of Angry Birds or Fruit Ninja.

I personally don't have an iPad, don't plan on getting one any time soon. I have an iPhone 5, a lenovo ultrabook laptop, and a desktop. It's just not necessary.

Qwyjibo
10-16-2013, 06:29 PM
Unless your laptop is too bulky, what's the point? I'm no expert in tablets (I bought one for my mom and set it up but never really used it) but doesn't your laptop give you everything that a tablet would?

I just have my phone for being a phone (obviously), games, internet and a Kindle for reading for books.

MJ(Mean John)
10-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Like I said in the OP, I just want it to basically stream games.
Then I asked, can you stream games on a tablet? Can a tablet get viruses ?

And would you guys stream on a MacBook? Do you think it can catch viruses?

highwhey
10-16-2013, 06:45 PM
Went to play hoops with my friend yesterday and he was telling me how me paid all this money for a macbook pro and it didn't have a cd reader. Most content is available online or can be streamed but he wanted a specific program installed only available on disc.

Anyhow, I have an ipad, the screen is beautiful and it works great. As long as you use the app store you should be good. I would however recommend you don't go with apple for tablets, it's so annoying that you pay $500 and you cant use it as liberally as an android tablet. ios7 is such a scam anyways, most of its aspects have been available on the latest android firmware.

Beatlezz
10-16-2013, 06:54 PM
Like I said in the OP, I just want it to basically stream games.
Then I asked, can you stream games on a tablet? Can a tablet get viruses ?

And would you guys stream on a MacBook? Do you think it can catch viruses?

I've downloaded a bunch of shit on my macbook, clicked a lot of suspect links but i've never encountered a single virus.

Meticode
10-16-2013, 09:19 PM
I very rarely use my CD rom drive anymore. I'll probably be getting something that is a tablet/netbook cross-over.