PDA

View Full Version : Greg Oden Update: Knee Swelling

Johnny Jones
10-16-2013, 05:46 PM
http://blogs.herald.com/miami_heat/2013/10/update-on-greg-odens-left-knee-and-its-not-positive.html

[QUOTE]Greg Oden was sidelined on Wednesday for the second straight practice due to swelling in his left knee. The Heat practiced in New York at Basketball City on Pier 36 in advance of Thursday's preseason game against the Nets.

Oden, who is attempting a comeback despite chronic knee problems, sat out the Heat

Peteballa
10-16-2013, 05:47 PM
My prediction: He makes no impact. Dude's body is just... done. I admire his effort and the work he's putting in, but I think we see with him what we kind of saw with Brandon Roy.

I hope I'm wrong, though.

TheReal Kendall
10-16-2013, 05:49 PM
Damn! Nikka haven't even played a game yet.

He might just need to retire, sucks cause I had high hopes for him coming out of college

DuMa
10-16-2013, 05:50 PM
swelling is better than a ligament tearing. he'll recover and the heat will know he cant play back to back at least

niko
10-16-2013, 05:53 PM
People still don't get it, he's going to be hurt and not play. That's what happens when your knees have completely gone to shit. See Amare.

Dro
10-16-2013, 06:06 PM
Well, so much for the Oden experiment...We'll see if Miami can win again with a small frontline...

Myth
10-16-2013, 06:10 PM
swelling is better than a ligament tearing. he'll recover and the heat will know he cant play back to back at least

Hasn't he only played in 1 practice though? They probably didn't even have him go 100%. If he can't do more than 1 practice, he won't be playing in any games. He also is super rusty and needed development in the first place. For Oden to be an impact, he needs consistency and swelling already shows he likely won't be able to be consistent for any more than a couple of weeks at a time if he is lucky. My guess is he will spend the season with the Heat, but potentially not play any games (I give him 10 games this season at best unless this swelling is a complete fluke unrelated to the injury/surgery history), and then will retire.

Bibby4Three
10-16-2013, 06:12 PM
Guy is made of glass.

So much for the Oden Experiment Pt 2.

Nelson14
10-16-2013, 06:29 PM
bad news for him, great news for every other team in the league

Nash
10-16-2013, 06:32 PM
feel sorry for the dude. I'm really rooting for him.

TylerOO
10-16-2013, 06:35 PM
Anyone with a brain expected to see some swelling after his first 5 on 5 practice in years.

longtime lurker
10-16-2013, 06:36 PM
Wow Oden is experiencing knee problems I didn't see this coming......

said no one ever

jzek
10-16-2013, 06:42 PM
Just cut him now and get another big body.

Or, send him to see Kobe's mad doctor in Germany.

poido123
10-16-2013, 06:46 PM
A lot of Heat fans were gloating about this guy making them unstoppable, while everyone else was telling them the dude is done.

There is no way a knee like that is going to last longterm. First of all there isn't enough muscle in his leg to support his big frame and while he can still walk, maybe he should consider going back into retirement.

aj1987
10-16-2013, 06:48 PM
It sucks when a player wants to play so bad, but his body doesn't allow him to. Trade him to the Suns or the Lakers. They have the best medical staff in the NBA.

poido123
10-16-2013, 06:52 PM
It sucks when a player wants to play so bad, but his body doesn't allow him to. Trade him to the Suns or the Lakers. They have the best medical staff in the NBA.

I find it amazing that 2 ex portland stars careers were cut short by injury. Like this happens to maybe one team every decade, but 2 in the same team and era? Crazy.

longtime lurker
10-16-2013, 06:52 PM
A lot of Heat fans were gloating about this guy making them unstoppable, while everyone else was telling them the dude is done.

There is no way a knee like that is going to last longterm. First of all there isn't enough muscle in his leg to support his big frame and while he can still walk, maybe he should consider going back into retirement.

I feel bad for Oden(actually I don't he's a millionaire without having to do anything) but a lot of threads need to bumped after all the garbage Heat fans were talking

Euroleague
10-16-2013, 07:00 PM
http://www.menudobol.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Greg-Oden-Mr-Glass.jpg

poido123
10-16-2013, 07:00 PM
I feel bad for Oden(actually I don't he's a millionaire without having to do anything) but a lot of threads need to bumped after all the garbage Heat fans were talking

Yes me too. I genuinely wanted Oden to make a career for himself, too much talent going to waste and the NBA is dying for more elite centres, thank goodness Drummond and Davis have arrived..

I'd say there would be a lot more people supportive of Oden and his return, had he not of picked the Heat as a destination.

lakerspng
10-16-2013, 07:02 PM
Feel bad for the kid as well. It's one thing if you have a shot and fail, as long as you tried that's all you can ask for: a shot. But failing to even have a shot really blows.

Hopefully it's only temporary and his knee responds better and he gets a chance to play.

GrapeApe
10-16-2013, 07:05 PM
Anyone with a brain expected to see some swelling after his first 5 on 5 practice in years.

This. Not exactly cause for alarm at this point.

cos88
10-16-2013, 07:08 PM
what normal people read: Greg Oden Update: Knee Swelling
what ish trolls and phagots read: Greg Oden Update: Torn Acl and Tibia Fracture.

the swelling is normal at his condition and situatian but this is just ridiculous from some of you idiots.

SCdac
10-16-2013, 07:20 PM
Hopefully it's growing pains, signs of getting into game shape. Rooting for him.

If he plays in the first game of the season, that'll be his first official game in roughly 1,300 days.

None the less, even outside of this, if the past is any predictor of the future, this guy will not be consistently healthy.

R.I.P.
10-16-2013, 07:23 PM
The last red flag should have been that he prepared for his comeback for four years and wasn

tomtucker
10-16-2013, 07:31 PM
dont wanna hear Greg Oden and Swelling in the same sentence

KDthunderup
10-16-2013, 07:59 PM
Hopefully its just because he hasnt put his knees through such a workout in years.

inclinerator
10-16-2013, 08:05 PM
are u srs greg oden fk u

RoseCity07
10-16-2013, 08:07 PM
Oden is a superstar talent that has unrepairable mechanical flaw. If you repair a tire and then drive on roads with broken glass on spike strips you are wasting your time fixing the tire. What ever is causing his knee to fail is not being fixed. Unless they can fix that flaw in his body mechanics he will never play.

Nash
10-16-2013, 08:17 PM

you can not be serious. Nobody in their right mind would talk about Oden as if he would return healthy. Everything that was said about his potential impact was said with the big IF he manages to get healthy.

PJR
10-16-2013, 08:18 PM
Non story. He's come very far just to be able to participate in a full practice. If he has to take a few days off and scale back a little longer before he does a full practice again that's totally fine.

russwest0
10-16-2013, 08:19 PM
Media better start prepping their LeBron excuses for the year.

I think we'll see the Miami Cavaliers excuse again. What does everyone else think

Chuckbrook
10-16-2013, 08:53 PM
dont wanna hear Greg Oden and Swelling in the same sentence
I can understand you not wanting to hear that, but you gotta admit....the guy does have a pretty big ****. :lebronamazed:

(If I say no homo....does that mean this comment isn't gay?)

Haymaker
10-16-2013, 09:50 PM
I'm glad he chose Miami. We were so close.

Haymaker
10-16-2013, 09:54 PM
Oden is a superstar talent that has unrepairable mechanical flaw. If you repair a tire and then drive on roads with broken glass on spike strips you are wasting your time fixing the tire. What ever is causing his knee to fail is not being fixed. Unless they can fix that flaw in his body mechanics he will never play.

Some expert explained this years ago. If his problem is not within the structure of the knees then he must have some mechanical or muscular imbalance that is ****ing up with his knees and nobody has corrected it. It sounds like a clich

OldSkoolball#52
10-16-2013, 10:15 PM
Too much over reacting. Its just some swelling. Nothin that cant be treated with some ice and a few pictures of his gigantic *****

RoseCity07
10-16-2013, 11:00 PM
[QUOTE=Haymaker]Some expert explained this years ago. If his problem is not within the structure of the knees then he must have some mechanical or muscular imbalance that is ****ing up with his knees and nobody has corrected it. It sounds like a clich

comerb
10-16-2013, 11:11 PM
Media better start prepping their LeBron excuses for the year.

I think we'll see the Miami Cavaliers excuse again. What does everyone else think

They've won 2 championships in a row...

poido123
10-16-2013, 11:11 PM
I had this bike when I was a kid. It kept breaking. The bearings in the crank shaft kept on breaking out of their brackets. I couldn't figure out why they were breaking even when I greased them up and replaced them. Then I noticed that the cup that holds them has cracks which were causing such friction that the bearings would break no matter how many times I replaced them. The solution was to replace the bracket. The new surface was smooth for the bearings to role along. Problem fixed.

Oden isn't a bike. The defects can't be corrected. He had a surgery when he was younger that caused a discrepancy in his leg lengths. At one time he was mechanically sound, but that change. It's irreversible. He might be able to play for a limited time, even help Miami win. The fact remains that his knees will fail eventually.

If I were the coach of Miami, I would keep him benched until a game where Heat really have to win and they are dealing with a big frontline like the bulls for example. Keep him doing condition exercises and keep him out of games til the playoffs.

It is clear that everytime he steps out on the court, it is bringing him closer to being injured again.

El Kabong
10-16-2013, 11:20 PM
[QUOTE=Haymaker]Some expert explained this years ago. If his problem is not within the structure of the knees then he must have some mechanical or muscular imbalance that is ****ing up with his knees and nobody has corrected it. It sounds like a clich

oh the horror
10-16-2013, 11:30 PM
What blows my mind are the people downplaying this and calling everyone else idiots. You folks really don't understand how bad this dudes knees are, do you?

Shit is flat out denial at this point.

D.J.
10-16-2013, 11:38 PM
No surprise. I remember when Portland cut him, I said he's likely not playing another game. I can't see him playing.

RoseCity07
10-16-2013, 11:48 PM
What blows my mind are the people downplaying this and calling everyone else idiots. You folks really don't understand how bad this dudes knees are, do you?

Shit is flat out denial at this point.

I thought it might be downplaying but even when Oden came back in 08 and played healthy for a full season his knees had swelling on his road to recovery. His knees may still last during the season if he can get going.

Euroleague
10-16-2013, 11:52 PM
I had this bike when I was a kid. It kept breaking. The bearings in the crank shaft kept on breaking out of their brackets. I couldn't figure out why they were breaking even when I greased them up and replaced them. Then I noticed that the cup that holds them has cracks which were causing such friction that the bearings would break no matter how many times I replaced them. The solution was to replace the bracket. The new surface was smooth for the bearings to role along. Problem fixed.

Oden isn't a bike. The defects can't be corrected. He had a surgery when he was younger that caused a discrepancy in his leg lengths. At one time he was mechanically sound, but that change. It's irreversible. He might be able to play for a limited time, even help Miami win. The fact remains that his knees will fail eventually.

And this is why no sane person will ever trust any doctor to begin with. They are almost all hacks.

Yao isn't playing now, because the doctors hacked his foot up. If he simply let his foot heal on its own, he would be playing now.

US medicine is extremely far behind the rest of the world.

russwest0
10-17-2013, 12:16 AM
They've won 2 championships in a row...

305Baller
10-17-2013, 12:39 AM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Batman-Chin-Rub.gif

305Baller
10-17-2013, 12:48 AM
I will say this:
Shaun Livingston

LA_Showtime
10-17-2013, 01:09 AM
I will say this:
Shaun Livingston

Two completely different situations.

Mr. Incredible
10-17-2013, 01:13 AM
you're trying too hard.

History. Books.

Feels Good Man.

All Net
10-17-2013, 01:21 AM
This is to be expected when he's just come back.. It won't be smooth.

Quizno
10-17-2013, 01:23 AM
gotta feel bad for the guy. can't stand the heat but you have to feel for oden

ripthekik
10-17-2013, 01:39 AM
Sucks for him. Guess Hibbert will be raping the heat team again this year

tomtucker
10-17-2013, 02:41 AM
I can understand you not wanting to hear that, but you gotta admit....the guy does have a pretty big ****. :lebronamazed:

(If I say no homo....does that mean this comment isn't gay?)
:lol :oldlol:

BlazerRed
10-17-2013, 04:58 AM
I'd like to say I was rooting for him, but for that I'd have to admit there was any hope of him ever making a successful return. He's done. It's sad what happened with him, but he's been done for years. No idea why people still thought he'd come back and make any kind of impact. His body is broken.

Bandito
10-17-2013, 05:34 AM
I know right?:facepalm

I don't think he will play anymore because of those knees but swelling right now means nothing as he's trying to get back to NBA playing shape. The body has to get used to the banging again.

tomtucker
10-17-2013, 07:16 AM
I know right?:facepalm

I don't think he will play anymore because of those knees but swelling right now means nothing as he's trying to get back to NBA playing shape. The body has to get used to the banging again.

:( :eek:

chips93
10-17-2013, 07:41 AM
If I were the coach of Miami, I would keep him benched until a game where Heat really have to win and they are dealing with a big frontline like the bulls for example. Keep him doing condition exercises and keep him out of games til the playoffs.

It is clear that everytime he steps out on the court, it is bringing him closer to being injured again.

the problem is though, if he isnt playing in games, then you dont know ho he will perform, you ant have much confidence in him, so are you really gonna throw him in there, in a big game, and trust him?

there is mental rust, as well as physical. id imagine that oden's reaction time, and feel for the game will be off, having not played serious basketball for a few years now. and if you only throw him into games when its absolutely necessary, then you wont have any idea of how he will perform, he could be a train wreck.

thats a really tough balance spo has to manage this year, getting him enough playing time to shake off the rust, and see what oden can do, but not give him to much to put undue wear on his knees.

and im not sure its even possible to strike a balance between these two things.

2swift4u
10-17-2013, 07:53 AM
the problem is though, if he isnt playing in games, then you dont know ho he will perform, you ant have much confidence in him, so are you really gonna throw him in there, in a big game, and trust him?

there is mental rust, as well as physical. id imagine that oden's reaction time, and feel for the game will be off, having not played serious basketball for a few years now. and if you only throw him into games when its absolutely necessary, then you wont have any idea of how he will perform, he could be a train wreck.

thats a really tough balance spo has to manage this year, getting him enough playing time to shake off the rust, and see what oden can do, but not give him to much to put undue wear on his knees.

and im not sure its even possible to strike a balance between these two things.

I agree. It's funny because lately I've heard a lot of good news about Oden, that he's getting close to playing in a pre season game and that he was moving well. Now suddenly one bad message makes you think he's not gonna make it back ever. Anyway, as long as I don't hear anything from the medical staff this is all just speculation.

DukeDelonte13
10-17-2013, 07:59 AM
probably has some loose pieces of cartilage in there that moved around during his workouts.

They might settle and be fine or he if it gets bad he'd have to get scoped.

The_Yearning
10-17-2013, 08:01 AM
This dude and Bynum been stealing money from this league for far too long.

Eric Cartman
10-17-2013, 08:21 AM
This dude and Bynum been stealing money from this league for far too long.

At least this dude is signed for the minimum.

Bynum contract is 10 mil a year :facepalm

Thorpesaurous
10-17-2013, 10:01 AM
Isn't it because he has one leg that's longer than the other?

There's also this article from a trainer who worked briefly with Oden and Roy in Portland. It's a good read.

http://zigsports.wordpress.com/2012/04/05/greg-oden-brandon-roy-what-what-happened/

The linked article is a great read.

It talks briefly about Oden's wearing of a heal lift to compensate for his short leg, and that causing more problems than helping.

As a guy with similar knee problems, I root for Oden, but I also feel like I know where this is heading. I went in about 6 or 7 years ago for my first round of doctor visits regarding what are degenerative knees myself.
I was a basketball player too. A good high school player who lettered 3 times, and pretty much never left games as a junior or senior, and a college walk on. I didn't play much, but I ran every practice and every conditioning session.

I'm not exactly the ideal build. I'm a PG, and list myself at 6', although I'm closer to 5'11". I played in HS at around 190-195 lbs. I was in spectacular shape. Never lost a sprint. Never got tired. In college I swelled up to 220 or so. So it's fair to say I was putting some pressure on my joints.

After school, I never stopped playing. I would play no less than 3 times a week until 25 or so, even during the year I spent in Europe. Courts were the first thing I'd god find. And from 25-30 or so I came home and started coaching middle school kids, so I was practicing 2 nights a week, and using the gym for high end invite only pick up games Thursday nights and Saturday mornings for 2-3 hours a pop.

It was at that point that I'd get brutal pain and swelling in my knees. I went to the best orthopedist around, for a group that does Olympic skiers, amond other things. The scanned me and found I simply don't have anymore cartillege in my knees.
I was given three options. First was a simple orthoscopic clean out. Second was a second level of that. They'd remove a small piece of cartillege, then send it to a lab to be cultured and turned into a fresh patch of cartillege, then re-inserted. Third is the infamous microfracture.
Microfracture I think people should know about. They literally drill holes into your thigh bone letting the marrow rich blood seep out into the joint, then it heals into something resembling fresh cartellige. My doctor doesn't like the procedure. It's very invasive. And the damage to the bone may cause more problems. And there's some concern over how much the "new cartillege" works.
I went in for the ortho, and had the patches made. However, we never put them in, because the knees began to feel a little better, and the install of the patches is incredibly invasive. You're looking 6 months no weight bearing each leg. I could get to work, get up and down stairs, and the such, with limited pain, so we held off on the patches. I was also a little hesitant because it was still quite experimental. It's not a process you hear about people having.
I'm 35 now, and my knees have severely limited my ability to play. Also, I've gotten consistently into the 230-240lb range with my new limited mobility (In addition to basketball I was also a runner. A mile a night, and a couple 5ks a year). The ortho clean out had put a smooth edge on the hole in my cartellige. The pain and inflamation comes largely from the stragly edges of the cartellige being pinched and torn away by the joint. So 5 or so years post surgery, the doc suggested I try losing some weight to reduce the load. I did the thing I new how to do, play. I hobbled around, still able to show up the young guys with a trick or two, but my physical abilities were gone (even at my carriage, I was a guy who could put down a dunk now and then).
When I first went in, I heard about "biomechanics", which was in the article. I was described by my doc as having an "aggressive posture", which means I naturally lean forward, about 4 degrees beyond normal for me. Like Oden's heel lift in the story, that means my knees absorbed a slideing motion on impact, which is more than likely the cause of my problems. It also may account for what was better than average athleticism for much of my life (albeit just slightly). His theory is that that forward tilt puts a tighter strain on the backside muscles, inputting more "potential energy", which may account for the slight extra pop. Who knows?

So a year into my triumphant comback, I'm playing in a mens league game, and pop! My achilles goes. Same surgeon, same guy who told me to try to lose some weight for the knees. My "agressive posture" that for 35 years has been putting an extra load on my back side, got me again. I had gotten down to 218 lbs through a year of extremely limited basketball. Now 6 months after the tear, with extremely limited mobility, and the help of my mother's cooking since I couldn't really live alone for those first 4 months, I'm now approaching 250.

And with all that, I'm convinced I will play again. I know I'll tear the left achilles, I know I'll eventually need knee replacements, and for that, I know I wouldn't trade one dive into one bleacher for a single loose ball over the last 35 years.

Peteballa
10-17-2013, 10:21 AM
^ Thorpe, just got done reading, very interesting story man. Good luck with your comeback, I'm sorry you've had such shit luck

DukeDelonte13
10-17-2013, 10:43 AM
At least this dude is signed for the minimum.

Bynum contract is 10 mil a year :facepalm

actually its 12, but cavs can get out with only 6 mil paid. Get your facts straight.

TMT
10-17-2013, 10:50 AM
Awesome. Him not being able to play makes the Heat's offseason look much less productive.

SilkkTheShocker
10-17-2013, 10:54 AM
Haters are praying Oden can't play :oldlol:

oh the horror
10-17-2013, 12:24 PM

And you're praying be can

Killbot
10-17-2013, 12:31 PM
They probably won't play him that much until close to the playoffs anyways, but this still is a bad sign to have knee swelling in one practice.

DukeDelonte13
10-17-2013, 01:22 PM

i dislike the heat but i wanna see Oden play. I wanna see what he is capable of. This guy was heralded as a generational big man coming out of OSU. Every fan of the NBA has to be just a little curious.

305Baller
10-17-2013, 05:18 PM
Two completely different situations.

but the swelling situation is the same.

Euroleague
10-17-2013, 07:06 PM

It talks briefly about Oden's wearing of a heal lift to compensate for his short leg, and that causing more problems than helping.

As a guy with similar knee problems, I root for Oden, but I also feel like I know where this is heading. I went in about 6 or 7 years ago for my first round of doctor visits regarding what are degenerative knees myself.
I was a basketball player too. A good high school player who lettered 3 times, and pretty much never left games as a junior or senior, and a college walk on. I didn't play much, but I ran every practice and every conditioning session.

I'm not exactly the ideal build. I'm a PG, and list myself at 6', although I'm closer to 5'11". I played in HS at around 190-195 lbs. I was in spectacular shape. Never lost a sprint. Never got tired. In college I swelled up to 220 or so. So it's fair to say I was putting some pressure on my joints.

After school, I never stopped playing. I would play no less than 3 times a week until 25 or so, even during the year I spent in Europe. Courts were the first thing I'd god find. And from 25-30 or so I came home and started coaching middle school kids, so I was practicing 2 nights a week, and using the gym for high end invite only pick up games Thursday nights and Saturday mornings for 2-3 hours a pop.

It was at that point that I'd get brutal pain and swelling in my knees. I went to the best orthopedist around, for a group that does Olympic skiers, amond other things. The scanned me and found I simply don't have anymore cartillege in my knees.
I was given three options. First was a simple orthoscopic clean out. Second was a second level of that. They'd remove a small piece of cartillege, then send it to a lab to be cultured and turned into a fresh patch of cartillege, then re-inserted. Third is the infamous microfracture.
Microfracture I think people should know about. They literally drill holes into your thigh bone letting the marrow rich blood seep out into the joint, then it heals into something resembling fresh cartellige. My doctor doesn't like the procedure. It's very invasive. And the damage to the bone may cause more problems. And there's some concern over how much the "new cartillege" works.
I went in for the ortho, and had the patches made. However, we never put them in, because the knees began to feel a little better, and the install of the patches is incredibly invasive. You're looking 6 months no weight bearing each leg. I could get to work, get up and down stairs, and the such, with limited pain, so we held off on the patches. I was also a little hesitant because it was still quite experimental. It's not a process you hear about people having.
I'm 35 now, and my knees have severely limited my ability to play. Also, I've gotten consistently into the 230-240lb range with my new limited mobility (In addition to basketball I was also a runner. A mile a night, and a couple 5ks a year). The ortho clean out had put a smooth edge on the hole in my cartellige. The pain and inflamation comes largely from the stragly edges of the cartellige being pinched and torn away by the joint. So 5 or so years post surgery, the doc suggested I try losing some weight to reduce the load. I did the thing I new how to do, play. I hobbled around, still able to show up the young guys with a trick or two, but my physical abilities were gone (even at my carriage, I was a guy who could put down a dunk now and then).
When I first went in, I heard about "biomechanics", which was in the article. I was described by my doc as having an "aggressive posture", which means I naturally lean forward, about 4 degrees beyond normal for me. Like Oden's heel lift in the story, that means my knees absorbed a slideing motion on impact, which is more than likely the cause of my problems. It also may account for what was better than average athleticism for much of my life (albeit just slightly). His theory is that that forward tilt puts a tighter strain on the backside muscles, inputting more "potential energy", which may account for the slight extra pop. Who knows?

So a year into my triumphant comback, I'm playing in a mens league game, and pop! My achilles goes. Same surgeon, same guy who told me to try to lose some weight for the knees. My "agressive posture" that for 35 years has been putting an extra load on my back side, got me again. I had gotten down to 218 lbs through a year of extremely limited basketball. Now 6 months after the tear, with extremely limited mobility, and the help of my mother's cooking since I couldn't really live alone for those first 4 months, I'm now approaching 250.

And with all that, I'm convinced I will play again. I know I'll tear the left achilles, I know I'll eventually need knee replacements, and for that, I know I wouldn't trade one dive into one bleacher for a single loose ball over the last 35 years.

You do realize that you could have avoided all of this by simply pacing your workouts and spreading out your minutes played?

This is why US sports culture is so retarded.

Also, if you have no cartilage in your knees, then you don't play basketball to lose weight. Try a diet change and something like treading water for god sakes.................

You are just asking for major problems man.

JellyBean
10-17-2013, 07:21 PM
If there was one dude that I am hoping that can play this season, Ogden is that dude. He is too cool of a guy not to have in the league. I hope that he can play this season and 3-4 more years.

Scoooter
10-17-2013, 07:37 PM
What is physically wrong with his knees at this point? Have we heard a doctor comment as to the specific nature of his injuries? Is it a cartilage issue, is it a something involving bone, is it arthritis. They can't still be broken...

Doranku
10-17-2013, 07:38 PM
That's like saying someone is praying for the sun to come up in the morning. :roll: What a joke.

The dude won't play in the NBA ever again.

305Baller
10-17-2013, 08:45 PM

220 at 5'11? Jeesh. No wonder.

Thorpesaurous
10-17-2013, 09:19 PM
You do realize that you could have avoided all of this by simply pacing your workouts and spreading out your minutes played?

This is why US sports culture is so retarded.

Also, if you have no cartilage in your knees, then you don't play basketball to lose weight. Try a diet change and something like treading water for god sakes.................

You are just asking for major problems man.

I like basketball.

Myth
10-17-2013, 10:11 PM
That's like saying someone is praying for the sun to come up in the morning. :roll: What a joke..

Awe, but is the sun really coming up? Or are we just rotating on an axis that makes it appear to be going up? Hmmmm??

stax
10-18-2013, 04:11 AM
http://www.menudobol.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Greg-Oden-Mr-Glass.jpg

Saw one on Reddit:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l8hzpth1nU1qzymoko1_500.jpg

:(

KNOW1EDGE
10-18-2013, 04:18 AM
Everyone with a working brain saw this one coming a thousand miles away.

One of Gregs legs is longer than the other. Hes a 7 footer whos bones are made out of chico sticks. He cant not play basketball for a living.

Hes had about 6 years since being drafted to get healthy and play basketball, he is not capable of doing so.