PDA

View Full Version : Name your 5 most entertaining Boxers

Tarik One
10-16-2013, 08:07 PM
This does not include factors like personality, interviews and ring entrance. Strictly boxing:

1. Roy Jones - Other worldly talent, like he was from a different planet, always amazed me (until the 2nd Tarver fight)

2. 'Iron' Mike Tyson -
It's hard to pick a guy over Tyson, how can it get more exciting than a guy with that kind of power and handspeed who throws every punch to knock you unconscious? Not to mention his unpredictability in his later years.

3. Ali (60's)

4. Ray Robinson

5. Duran

Many others deserve mention: Gatti, Hearns, Toney, Julian Jackson (A Tyson in a middleweight's body), Mayorga, etc

lefthook00
10-16-2013, 08:25 PM
This does not include factors like personality, interviews and ring entrance. Strictly boxing:

1. Roy Jones - Other worldly talent, like he was from a different planet, always amazed me (until the 2nd Tarver fight)

2. 'Iron' Mike Tyson -
It's hard to pick a guy over Tyson, how can it get more exciting than a guy with that kind of power and handspeed who throws every punch to knock you unconscious? Not to mention his unpredictability in his later years.

3. Ali (60's)

4. Ray Robinson

5. Duran

Many others deserve mention: Gatti, Hearns, Toney, Julian Jackson (A Tyson in a middleweight's body), Mayorga, etc

My list is pretty much the same as yours except I would fit Toney in there and squeeze someone out.

Pacman was out of this world for a while. So were some of the 90's heavyweights...

#number6ix#
10-16-2013, 08:31 PM
Tyson
Roy Jones
Arturo Gatti
Prince Naseem
Emmanual Augustus

lefthook00
10-16-2013, 08:35 PM
Might have to add Holyfield, he had some of the most epic fights in history.

DonDadda59
10-16-2013, 08:43 PM
Tyson
Roy Jones
Arturo Gatti
Prince Naseem
Emmanual Augustus

Always hated that f*cker. Barrera giving him a boxing lesson and bullying him in the ring was one of the most satisfying Boxing matches I've ever seen :applause:

Pacquiao
El Intocable/Sweet Pea/ maybe James Toney as far as defensive wizards go
Augustus Burton
Duran
Julian Jackson

Tough to narrow it down to just 5. The sport has such a long History of great fighters, probably better to do it by era/decade. Feel like I left a ton of guys out just to get it down to 5 (8 :lol ).

#number6ix#
10-16-2013, 08:52 PM
Always hated that f*cker. Barrera giving him a boxing lesson and bullying him in the ring was one of the most satisfying Boxing matches I've ever seen :applause:

Pacquiao
Augustus Burton
Duran
Julian Jackson

Tough to narrow it down to just 5. The sport has such a long History of great fighters, probably better to do it by era/decade. Feel like I left a ton of guys out just to get it down to 5 (8 :lol ).
He was extremely cocky but he could fight his ass off... That Barrera fight tho lol that was just a damn shame

DonDadda59
10-16-2013, 08:57 PM
He was extremely cocky but he could fight his ass off... That Barrera fight tho lol that was just a damn shame

No doubt. But everyone has that person/people they just don't like. Prince Naseem was that for me.

I remember watching some of his ridiculous ring entrances and thinking 'this f*cking clown :rolleyes: '

Then Barrera got to him and I was all like 'let me see you dance now, bitch'. But he didn't dance... he quit. Never to be heard from again. Wonderful story :lol

#number6ix#
10-16-2013, 09:09 PM
No doubt. But everyone has that person/people they just don't like. Prince Naseem was that for me.

I remember watching some of his ridiculous ring entrances and thinking 'this f*cking clown :rolleyes: '

Then Barrera got to him and I was all like 'let me see you dance now, bitch'. But he didn't dance... he quit. Never to be heard from again. Wonderful story :lol
I feel you... I feel the same way about adrien broner...I can't wait for him to get knocked out

AngelEyes
10-16-2013, 09:16 PM
Ali
Tyson
Foreman
Hagler
Hearns

Tarik One
10-16-2013, 09:17 PM
I feel you... I feel the same way about adrien broner...I can't wait for him to get knocked out
+1. He most likely will because he's very flawed.

lefthook00
10-16-2013, 09:27 PM
I really enjoyed watching De La Hoya fight, especially when he was younger. He would be in my top 5 entertaining boxers. Boy threw heat in COMBOS, would knock fools senseless with that left hook, and never backed down.

K
10-16-2013, 09:27 PM
I have to admit, although I did some trolling, I actually enjoyed Mayweather's fight against Canelo. The way he makes other boxers look like fools is hilarious.

Nastradamus
10-16-2013, 10:59 PM
Tyson
Mayweather Jr
Ali
Jones Jr.
Pacquiao

Bucket_Nakedz
10-16-2013, 11:19 PM
sweet pea
money
jose luis castillo
hagler
frazier

Rooster
10-17-2013, 02:05 AM
I would like to list 10

Little Red
El Travieso
Pacman
El Puas
Schoolboy Chacon
Saad Muhammad
El Terrible
Manos de Piedra
Iron Mike
The Hawk

bdreason
10-17-2013, 02:27 AM
Similar list to OP. Would probably add Sugar Ray Leonard.

andgar923
10-17-2013, 04:45 AM

Pacquiao
Augustus Burton
Duran
Julian Jackson

Agree with everybody dissing him (I hated him as well) but I can't front, the f@g was entertaining as hell. You HAD to tune in to see him fight cause he was wild.

No love for Julio Cesar Chavez?

He was a technician/brawler, never a dull moment. The type of fighter that went all out.

iamgine
10-17-2013, 05:28 AM
Tyson Fury

:lol

kNicKz
10-17-2013, 09:25 AM
Mike Tyson

James Toney (heavily slept on fighter)

Kelly Pavlik

Zab Judah

Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Ali

Micky Ward

pethuel03
10-17-2013, 09:38 AM
Tyson
Prince Naseem
Pacquiao
Roy Jones
Corrales

Brandon Rios is also becoming one of my most fave boxers. Guy never backs down lol

Flash31
10-22-2013, 12:29 AM
Mike Tyson
Roy Jones Jr
Floyd Money Mayweather
Joe Frazier
Muhammad Ali

Flash31
10-22-2013, 03:58 AM
:biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

oh youre one of those
I dont like defense and dont like Boxers who utilize defense

Just be Manny Pacquiao and run into punches,brawls
worked out well for him didnt it

MP turned into rumplestilskin

FM the Greatest Boxer Right Now Period
45-0 never once knocked down
beat Judah,Oscar,Undefeated Hatton,Mosley,Undefeated Young 15 yrs his jr Canelo Alcarez,absolutely dominated JMM

Mayweather makes pros look like amateurs
now either you hate mayweather or defense so a listt like this you woul hate

Mayweather
Hopkins
Robinson
Whitaker
Willie Pep

now out if those all are hof
Robinson is seen as the GOAT
Hopkins at 48 is still going strong

Mayweather at 36 has to move up to middleweight and then fight people
10 years+ younger and 15+ pounds bigger
for people to say its a good matchup and even then he dominates

Marquez,Mosley,Cotto,Guerrero,Canelo,Ortiz,Hatton

I mean come on
this yr fought a guy who hadnt lost in 8 yrs,was welterweight champ,coming off wins,was 3 in division
then fought undefeated 43-0,23 yr old
num 1 ranked middleweight champion in Canelo

come on