PDA

View Full Version : Dirk & Monta

miles berg
10-16-2013, 11:11 PM
Bookmark this thread because this duo will be top 3 this year in the NBA. It is such an amazing fit, probably the best fit next to Dirk ever.

Dirk is having he best preseason of his life and a lot of it is this duo and how well they already play together. The Mavs still need a starting center but with Westbrook down the Mavs have a real shot at winning their division this year and it is going to be because of this duo and how well everyone plays together around them.

Get a center next summer and Dirk will have a legit shot at a 2nd championship.

Nastradamus
10-16-2013, 11:12 PM
Monta's overrated

Nelson14
10-16-2013, 11:14 PM
monta has been playing pretty well this preseason, i hope he doesn't start chucking once the RG starts

Twiens
10-16-2013, 11:15 PM
Wouldn't be surprised, Monta is extremely underrated by all the stat geeks.

Trentknicks
10-16-2013, 11:17 PM
Top 3 in South West division maybe?

Dwight - Harden
Parker - Duncan
Dirk - Monta
Conley - Gasol

miles berg
10-16-2013, 11:19 PM
No, top 3 in the NBA.

DMAVS41
10-17-2013, 12:26 AM
Calderon, Ellis, Marion, Dirk, and Dalembert could be a crazy good lineup...but I worry about the other lineups this team will have to go with often.

If this team could somehow get Gortat and a few pieces this offseason...they could be a fringe contender like in 2011...and you just hope they get hot again.

Assuming we fail to get a legit star as usual of course.

Levity
10-17-2013, 12:28 AM
their pick n pop looks pretty great

Trentknicks
10-17-2013, 12:32 AM
Bookmark this thread because this duo will be top 3 this year in the NBA. It is such an amazing fit, probably the best fit next to Dirk ever.

Dirk is having he best preseason of his life and a lot of it is this duo and how well they already play together. The Mavs still need a starting center but with Westbrook down the Mavs have a real shot at winning their division this year and it is going to be because of this duo and how well everyone plays together around them.

The Mavs and Okc aren't even in the same division :facepalm
Forget about the Spurs, Grizzlies and Rockets did we? :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

kurple
10-17-2013, 06:22 AM
they'll miss the playoffs IMO. or at least fight for the 8th seed

LEFT4DEAD
10-17-2013, 06:44 AM
As long as Dirk is healthy Dallas is a playoff team, be sure of that. I guarantee if healthy they will be top 5-7 seed next season.

BoutPractice
10-17-2013, 07:33 AM
I wish I could share your enthusiasm. I'm obviously rooting for them to succeed, but top 3 may be stretching it.

miles berg
10-17-2013, 09:34 AM
The Mavs and Okc aren't even in the same division :facepalm
Forget about the Spurs, Grizzlies and Rockets did we? :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

You fruitcake I know who is in who's division. I'm just saying that Westbrook going down opens things up for everyone and leaves it wide open in the West and I think that we will be one of the teams that catapults up which should take us to the top of our division.

How hard is that to understand? It's the domino effect that the Westbrook injury is going to cause in the West and I think Dallas capitalizes on it.

DirkNowitzki41
10-17-2013, 07:44 PM
:rockon: They have been awesome so far.

I know it's been only 4 preseason games, but Monta has showed that he can actually be a pretty good defender, he hustles, hasent taken any bad shots and is a very willing and skilled passer.

Maybe top 3 is a little too high, but no doubt they can be one of the better duos in the league. Their games compliment each other perfectly. The good thing about it is they already have good chemistry. We never really saw it last year with Mayo.

If he keeps it up, this signing would be a huge steal.

KG215
10-17-2013, 07:50 PM

Yeah, not only are the Mavs and Thunder not in the same division, you're acting like Westbrook is going to be out a long period of time. He's going to miss a month. Not the whole season or even half the season.

R.I.P.
10-18-2013, 03:29 AM
I think the combined PER of Dirk, Wright and Monta in the preseason is like 100. :lol

Ellis is 2nd in assist, #1 in AST/TO and shooting 50% from three so far.

It

Cali Syndicate
10-18-2013, 03:49 AM
Wouldn't be surprised, Monta is extremely underrated by all the stat geeks.

Perhaps a tad. I wouldn't say he's all that underrated though. As a warrior he was definitely a fringe all star caliber player though. Was a just miss the cut type player. 08 monta was probably my favorite. That midrange was just amazing. Even so, he's knocked for being a chucker which is essentially what he has become. I'd say he's still a upgrade over mayo. And bring that element as a slasher the mavs lost in barea.

Can't wait to see how that duo unfolds. Preseason has shown that monta is willing to get dirk involved which is a good sign. If he understands his role like he did back in 08, yeah could be a huge pickup for the mavs.

brantonli
10-18-2013, 04:36 AM
You fruitcake I know who is in who's division. I'm just saying that Westbrook going down opens things up for everyone and leaves it wide open in the West and I think that we will be one of the teams that catapults up which should take us to the top of our division.

How hard is that to understand? It's the domino effect that the Westbrook injury is going to cause in the West and I think Dallas capitalizes on it.

So what's to stop the Griz, Rockets, and Spurs taking advantage of the same injury that Westbrook has?