PDA

View Full Version : LeBron rips KG and Pierce, defends Ray Allen

Pages : [1] 2

russwest0
10-17-2013, 11:42 AM
LeBron James & Dwyane Wade think some ex-Celtics owe Ray Allen an apology

NEW YORK -- Thursday night when they Heat face the Nets for the first time since Brooklyn's league-shaking summer trade, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade think some ex-Celtics on the Nets might owe the ex-Celtic on the Heat an apology.

A year ago there was a stream of vitriol from Boston aimed at Ray Allen after he chose to sign with the Heat in the offseason. Kevin Garnett said he lost Allen's number, Paul Pierce said he hadn't forgiven him and Doc Rivers implied Allen had an ego problem.

Now all three of them are also out of Boston, agreeing to go to teams seemingly on the brink of contention instead of sticking around for Boston's rebuilding project. Garnett waived his no-trade clause so he could go to Brooklyn in a package with Pierce after he agreed to the deal. Rivers engineered his own trade that allowed him to become the coach of the Los Angeles Clippers.

All have said in various ways that it was a tough decision but they wanted to move on to a better situation. That was essentially Allen's position in 2012 and James and Wade aren't afraid to hint at hypocrisy.

"I think the first thing I thought was 'wow, Ray got killed for leaving Boston and now these guys are leaving Boston,'" James said.

"I think it's OK, I didn't mind it. But there were a couple guys who basically (expletive) on Ray for leaving and now they're leaving. That's the nature of our business, man. I don't know what Boston was going through at the end of the day. I know Ray had to make the best decision for him and his family and his career. Doc, KG and Paul did that as well. You can't criticize someone who does something that's best for their family."

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/9837874/miami-heat-call-former-boston-celtics-players-coach

:facepalm

DaSeba5
10-17-2013, 11:44 AM
Just had to look down...

"I think it's OK, I didn't mind it. But there were a couple guys who basically (expletive) on Ray for leaving and now they're leaving. That's the nature of our business, man. I don't know what Boston was going through at the end of the day. I know Ray had to make the best decision for him and his family and his career. Doc, KG and Paul did that as well. You can't criticize someone who does something that's best for their family."

wally_world
10-17-2013, 11:48 AM
Except Boston made the decision to trade KG/Pierce, whereas Ray made the decision to leave Boston.

Budadiiii
10-17-2013, 11:48 AM
I don't think LeBron has the right to talk about any other NBA player or the decisions they make.

Even if it is sugar coated with his passive aggressive bullshit.

TheReturn
10-17-2013, 11:50 AM
Except Boston made the decision to trade KG/Pierce, whereas Ray made the decision to leave Boston.
And then there's something called a no trade clause.

russwest0
10-17-2013, 11:50 AM
LeBron is seriously dumb as hell.

"Ray was just doing what was right for his family" when he left a lot more money on the table to go ringchase and play for the enemy.

And then he rips KG and Pierce for getting TRADED, and acting like it's even remotely the same situation.

russwest0
10-17-2013, 11:51 AM

If your team is trading you and doesn't want you there, 9 times out of 10, you are being a bitch if you actually use the no trade clause

Scholar
10-17-2013, 11:52 AM
It is hypocrisy, sure, but I think KG, PP & Doc felt like Ray abandoned them for the rival team, the guys who were in their way in the East. That was the ultimate betrayal for them.
At that time, Boston wasn't rebuilding. Now, however, the Celts are in full rebuild mode, and even then KG wasn't too happy with voiding his NTC.
LeBron has a point, but you have to look at the situations. In 2012, the Celtics still looked good like contenders but Ray left them. In 2013, they appeared done, especially after Rajon's injury, KG pretty much had to be coerced into leaving, and PP, KG & the Jet all left together. Plus, none of them joined the previous season's champs as well as their own rivals.

Trollsmasher
10-17-2013, 11:54 AM
Celtics were trying to trade Ray long before he left for Miami. And he was basically forced to leave then by Rondo and the management.

KG also had a no-trade clause and proclaimed several times he is not going anywhere.

LeBron is right at least about him.

Harison
Lebron isnt very bright if he compares completely different situations as similar.

KyrieTheFuture
You're obviously trolling man come on. They're right they're all hypocrits. Doc rivers calling someone out for having an ego is hilarious, kg acting like a bitch is no surprise either, they could have stayed in Boston if they actually cared about loyalty

SilkkTheShocker
These hick OKC fans have been pretty butthurt lately making LeBron threads.

Scholar
10-17-2013, 11:55 AM
LeBron is seriously dumb as hell.

"Ray was just going what was right for his family" when he left a lot more money on the table to go ringchase and play for the enemy.

And then he rips KG and Pierce for getting TRADED, and acting like it's even remotely the same situation.

+1

pegasus
10-17-2013, 11:55 AM
Lebron has the IQ and the attention seeking behaviors of a two-year-old poodle. Everytime he opens his mouth and says shit like that, I'm torn between laughing and barfing. Just shut up and enjoy your easy rings and tweet like a whore to get even more talent on your team.

SamuraiSWISH
10-17-2013, 11:58 AM
Lebron has the IQ and the attention seeking behaviors of a two-year-old poodle. Everytime he opens his mouth and says shit like that, I'm torn between laughing and barfing. Just shut up and enjoy your easy rings and tweet like a whore to get even more talent on your team.
This.

LeBron should never be critiquing someone for hypocrisy or loyalty issues. Ever.

Budadiiii
10-17-2013, 12:00 PM
These hick OKC fans have been pretty butthurt lately making LeBron threads.
This.

Right behind Bulls and Knicks fans for most annoying fanbase.

red1
10-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Ray didnt just up and leave. He and rondo weren't getting along and ray felt his talents weren't being used to the fullest. The man was in his late 30s and his opportunity to contribute was slowly slipping away and then when he joined the heat he pulled off one of the most legendary shots in nba history. Can you really blame the guy?

PleezeBelieve
10-17-2013, 12:04 PM
Will this dude just shut up. No wonder he doesn't get any respect throughout the league. Dude is a primadonna air head.

KyrieTheFuture
10-17-2013, 12:05 PM
This.

LeBron should never be critiquing someone for hypocrisy or loyalty issues. Ever.
Why not? He's an expert on it. You saying you wouldn't take a doctors medical opinion?

SilkkTheShocker
This.

Right behind Bulls and Knicks fans for most annoying fanbase.

Seriously. With Bulls fans, I can't blame them for staying inside and posting on ISH. If they go outside, there is a 75% chance of stabbed or shot.

Real Men Wear Green
It would be valid to say Allen was smarter than KG and Pierce for leaving on his own terms, picking his destination and ultimately winning a Championship while Garnett and Pierce let the Celtics dictate the end of their careers. But it just shows that James doesn't know what happened here in Boston when he acts like KG and especially Pierce chose to leave. Pierce was traded with no say in the matter while Garnett allowed himself to be traded but it definitely was not his idea.

Paul Pierce was extremely loyal to the Boston Celtics. I guess James thinks everyone makes a "Decision."

SilkkTheShocker
10-17-2013, 12:06 PM
Will this dude just shut up. No wonder he doesn't get any respect throughout the league. Dude is a primadonna air head.

butthurt Cavs fans alert ^^^

SamuraiSWISH
10-17-2013, 12:08 PM
Why not? He's an expert on it. You saying you wouldn't take a doctors medical opinion?
He's blissfully ignorant of true self awareness.

Real Men Wear Green
10-17-2013, 12:10 PM
It is hypocrisy, sure, but I think KG, PP & Doc felt like Ray abandoned them for the rival team, the guys who were in their way in the East. That was the ultimate betrayal for them.
At that time, Boston wasn't rebuilding. Now, however, the Celts are in full rebuild mode, and even then KG wasn't too happy with voiding his NTC.
LeBron has a point, but you have to look at the situations. In 2012, the Celtics still looked good like contenders but Ray left them. In 2013, they appeared done, especially after Rajon's injury, KG pretty much had to be coerced into leaving, and PP, KG & the Jet all left together. Plus, none of them joined the previous season's champs as well as their own rivals.
No he doesn't. It's weird to see how many people think this was Pierce's decision. He was traded. Garnett had more say in the matter with his no-trade clause but it still was the Celtics who asked him to waive it so they could rebuild. Where is this idea that they chose to leave coming from? Why do so many people fail to understand what being traded means?

Mr. Incredible
10-17-2013, 12:11 PM
Got to LOVE the salty OKC and Bulls fans.
:roll:

plowking
10-17-2013, 12:15 PM
Damn, don't think we'll see Bulls fans this mad again til we knock em out of the playoffs again. Ah well, stick around guys. Look forward to it.

Budadiiii
10-17-2013, 12:15 PM
Seriously. With Bulls fans, I can't blame them for staying inside and posting on ISH. If they go outside, there is a 75% chance of stabbed or shot.
Can't blame the OKC fans either. I'd rather be shot than to walk outside to livestock and gravel roads.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-17-2013, 12:16 PM
He talks too much

(Rose is already making him feel uncomfortable :oldlol:)

Killbot
10-17-2013, 12:21 PM
It would be valid to say Allen was smarter than KG and Pierce for leaving on his own terms, picking his destination and ultimately winning a Championship while Garnett and Pierce let the Celtics dictate the end of their careers. But it just shows that James doesn't know what happened here in Boston when he acts like KG and especially Pierce chose to leave. Pierce was traded with no say in the matter while Garnett allowed himself to be traded but it definitely was not his idea.

Paul Pierce was extremely loyal to the Boston Celtics. I guess James thinks everyone makes a "Decision."
I'm not choosing anyone's side, just clarifying the situation.

Pierce PERSUADED Garnett (as said in the media conference) to waive his no trade clause to go with the Nets. I'm not saying Pierce is not loyal, but he is not extremely loyal either. Pierce recognized a better scenario and chose to help himself get into that position.

Garnett ULTIMATELY chose to waive the no trade clause even if it was a difficult decision for him, but being with Pierce and Terry with championship aspirations alleviated the problem.

They had the opportunity to CHOOSE their own respective destinations. They don't want to impede on Celtics rebuilding which was a win and Celtics don't want to impede on Pierce's and Garnett's championship aspirations, which was a win.

Doc though has no justification of why he wanted to leave after shortly signing the 5-year contract with the Celtics when he knew they were going to be in a rebuilding situation anyways, although I'm sure Celtic fans don't mind Doc's decision.

TylerOO
10-17-2013, 12:26 PM
Holy shit this site how so many ****ing retards! You think KG and Pierce didn't have a say in where they were gonna get traded? :roll: This place is filled with idiots.

Pointguard
10-17-2013, 12:33 PM
Lebron probably knows that Ray felt awkward when his old teammates didn't treat him right last time they met. Lebron is right to look out for his boy Ray. Ray had as good and fun year as a player could have last year. It was the right move for a guy that had family problems and such before that. Somebody posted a video of Pierce and KG blaming something on Ray and Ray telling them they got it all wrong. Can't say if it was the way things were going down but maybe Ray is sensitive. Who knows?

Everybody has a reason for leaving and some people don't realize it until it happens to them. Ray's name was coming up in trade talks and Doc never cleared the air about it and KG and Pierce never said it was a three man deal. But everybody left and it should be water under the bridge now. They were all Celtics 15 months ago and saw life that way, now they are all on other teams and should see their differences the same way. Life moved on and they should realize that.

Real Men Wear Green
10-17-2013, 12:35 PM
I'm not choosing anyone's side, just clarifying the situation.

Pierce PERSUADED Garnett (as said in the media conference) to waive his no trade clause to go with the Nets. I'm not saying Pierce is not loyal, but he is not extremely loyal either. Pierce recognized a better scenario and chose to help himself get into that position.

Garnett ULTIMATELY chose to waive the no trade clause even if it was a difficult decision for him, but being with Pierce and Terry with championship aspirations alleviated the problem.

They had the opportunity to CHOOSE their own respective destinations. They don't want to impede on Celtics rebuilding which was a win and Celtics don't want to impede on Pierce's and Garnett's championship aspirations, which was a win.

Doc though has no justification of why he wanted to leave after shortly signing the 5-year contract with the Celtics when he knew they were going to be in a rebuilding situation anyways, although I'm sure Celtic fans don't mind Doc's decision.
Did Pierce or Pierce's agent negotiate this deal? It wasn't Pierce's idea at all. But once the deal was negotiated Pierce might as well try and get Garnett to come with him. Pierce was extremely loyal to the Cs but once they negotiate a trade involving him what is loyalty? If you enter your home to see your wife with another man and a lawyer handing you divorce papers do you try and find a way to work it out?

ProfessorMurder
10-17-2013, 12:38 PM
Pierce was getting traded one way or another this season. KG waived his clause to allow Pierce to get on a team like the Nets instead of a team like the Bucks.

Without KG agreeing, the deal with Brooklyn wouldn't have gone through and Pierce would've been out in the cold. He took it for his teammate.

Ray just left like a bitch. LeBron is clearly speaking about himself, but through the guise of Ray Allen's situation.

Harison
10-17-2013, 12:38 PM

Pierce was TRADED, he had no final say about anything. He didnt (and couldnt) choose to leave, nor he demanded it. Thats loyalty. Celtics might have taken into consideration where he wanted to go, thats it.

Garnett preferred to stay with Celtics, but Pierce and Celtics convinced him to leave. Celtics wanted to rebuild with a young core, and old KG with a big contract would have impeded that, therefore KG agreed to be TRADED. Thats loyalty.

Pierce didnt, KG did, but ULTIMATELY they were traded because it was in the best interest of rebuilding Celtics, NOT because KG wasnt loyal (again Pierce had no choice to say no to trade).

It wasnt about championship aspirations either, for KG loyalty >>> rings, if his history and public comments is any indication. Granted, they preferred to retire on a solid team, but NOT because they were ring chasing as you made it seem.

Killbot
10-17-2013, 12:41 PM
Did Pierce or Pierce's agent negotiate this deal? It wasn't Pierce's idea at all. But once the deal was negotiated Pierce might as well try and get Garnett to come with him. Pierce was extremely loyal to the Cs but once they negotiate a trade involving him what is loyalty? If you enter your home to see your wife with another man and a lawyer handing you divorce papers do you try and find a way to work it out?

No but that's probably because Pierce saw himself a Celtic for life and never even tried to think of any situations outside of Boston. His agent might have tried, but who knows? It's behind the scenes.

To me, it depends on a couple of factors. Am I making more money or is she making more money? Prenup signed? She sounds like a bitch already with another man, so I could see that the relationship wasn't good to begin with.

Solefade
10-17-2013, 12:44 PM
Wow why does everyone act like Ray should have stayed loyal to Boston when they weren't loyal to him to begin with? I bet if he went to some other team besides the Heat, no one would be saying shit about Ray Allen. Only because he's teammates with LeBron he's getting all of this heat (no pun intended).

The people ITT man. SMH.

Nash
10-17-2013, 12:48 PM
My god, this forum is getting worse and worse each day.

Some people say Lebron doesn't know anything. Are ya'll serious? You do know that he hangs out with Ray Allen every day? I'm pretty sure he's well aware of the whole situation.

And Ray Allen did what was best for him and his family. I think Lebron knows what he is talking about since again, Ray Allen has told him that.

Difference is that when Ray Allen did what was best for him and his family he got shit on by PP, KG and Doc. And one year later, those guys do exactly the same thing.

Lord, we got retards on this site calling Lebron a moron and dumb even though they have no feckin' idea what is really going on since most of them have probably never talked let alone seen the guys in question.

Solefade
10-17-2013, 12:51 PM
And KG had a choice on whether he wanted to go or not. Pierce probably didn't have a choice whether he liked it or not but that just speaks volumes to how Danny Ainge and the Celtics are. The guy that's been the face of your franchise for about a decade is getting shooed off so easily is pretty sad. You think Pat Riley would ever do that to D. Wade? Hell no.

Killbot
10-17-2013, 12:58 PM
Pierce was TRADED, he had no final say about anything. He didnt (and couldnt) choose to leave, nor he demanded it. Thats loyalty. Celtics might have taken into consideration where he wanted to go, thats it.

Garnett preferred to stay with Celtics, but Pierce and Celtics convinced him to leave. Celtics wanted to rebuild with a young core, and old KG with a big contract would have impeded that, therefore KG agreed to be TRADED. Thats loyalty.

Pierce didnt, KG did, but ULTIMATELY they were traded because it was in the best interest of rebuilding Celtics, NOT because KG wasnt loyal (again Pierce had no choice to say no to trade).

It wasnt about championship aspirations either, for KG loyalty >>> rings, if his history and public comments is any indication. Granted, they preferred to retire on a solid team, but NOT because they were ring chasing as you made it seem.

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying:

Pierce didn't ultimately decide, but he helped put himself into a better situation by explaining to Garnett to join the Nets. The final say is Garnett, and Garnett decided the best scenario for himself, Pierce, and Terry. So in a way, Pierce got what he wanted. That's still LOYALTY, but not EXTREME loyalty. It is a trade, yes, but that's no ordinary trade. Garnett had a no trade clause. Garnett says no and the whole trade falls.

And if Garnett agreed to be traded, he gets to CHOOSE his situation. That was my point. When people say they got traded. Yes they did, but it was a unique situation where Garnett gets to decide his OWN fate. Did he have to be persuaded? Yes, but he could have just taken in what people say, but reject the trade. That's not his personality though.
I am not disagreeing with you that Garnett is loyal. I totally agree with that.

So if Pierce and Garnett were requested to be traded to a shitty team, they would follow in the best interests of a rebuilding Celtic team? Does that sound likely to you? It doesn't sound that likely. Pierce would prefer to stay and Garnett would definitely stay, although Celtics COULD trade Pierce by himself and let Garnett walk, but that's going to hurt the Celtics image. This situation is not one sided at all. Pierce and Garnett wins by going to a championship team. Rebuilding Celtics team wins by getting draft picks and letting young players play. I'm sure Pierce and Garnett saw that and it was in the best interests of BOTH parties.

I'm not saying they are ring chasing because I know that Garnett and Pierce would have believed Rondo would take the next step and that's full out leadership. They just need the pieces, but going from a possible championship contender that wants to rebuild to another possible championship contender that doesn't lessens the desire (at least slightly) to stay with the Celtics.

Kurosawa0
10-17-2013, 01:01 PM
Regardless of how KG and Pierce left Boston, they owe Ray an apology. Especially KG. They acted like little girls.

Fresh Kid
10-17-2013, 01:04 PM
truthfully all four of them shud shut tha phuck up, especially hairline airline james:coleman:

Real Men Wear Green
10-17-2013, 01:07 PM
My god, this forum is getting worse and worse each day.

Some people say Lebron doesn't know anything. Are ya'll serious? You do know that he hangs out with Ray Allen every day? I'm pretty sure he's well aware of the whole situation.

And Ray Allen did what was best for him and his family. I think Lebron knows what he is talking about since again, Ray Allen has told him that.

Difference is that when Ray Allen did what was best for him and his family he got shit on by PP, KG and Doc. And one year later, those guys do exactly the same thing.

Lord, we got retards on this site calling Lebron a moron and dumb even though they have no feckin' idea what is really going on since most of them have probably never talked let alone seen the guys in question.
You're repeating the same mistake James made: Pierce and KG were traded. They did not sign elsewhere as free agents. If you are not capable of understanding this you have no business questioning someone else's intelligence. In the end Ray Allen probably did the right thing for himself and showed foresight that maybe Pierce and Garnett didn't have. So good for him. But it is not the same thing.
I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying:

Pierce didn't ultimately decide, but he helped put himself into a better situation by explaining to Garnett to join the Nets. The final say is Garnett, and Garnett decided the best scenario for himself, Pierce, and Terry. So in a way, Pierce got what he wanted. That's still LOYALTY, but not EXTREME loyalty. It is a trade, yes, but that's no ordinary trade. Garnett had a no trade clause. Garnett says no and the whole trade falls.
We're still disagreeing with you because you act like this is an important distinction. Pierce was traded. Once he is traded, what is loyalty? There was nothing he could do to remain a Celtic. What, some begging plea to Ainge or Grousbeck not to be moved? IT probably wouldn't even work and it's beneath his dignity. There was nothing he could do to remain a Celtic. So what is loyalty, at this point? If you stay in love with your wife after she leaves you for another man it's not noble, it's pathetic.

LEFT4DEAD
10-17-2013, 01:09 PM
KG and Pierce definitely owe Ray an apology. They were mad on him for doing almost the same thing they have done this summer. I wonder how dumb they feel right now. If I were Ray I would never say a word to either of them.

Real Men Wear Green
10-17-2013, 01:10 PM
Regardless of how KG and Pierce left Boston, they owe Ray an apology. Especially KG. They acted like little girls.
No they don't. KG decided to stop talking to him. That's all. He's not obligated to maintain a relationship with a guy he felt abandoned them.

LEFT4DEAD
10-17-2013, 01:10 PM
You're repeating the same mistake James made: Pierce and KG were traded. They did not sign elsewhere as free agents. If you are not capable of understanding this you have no business questioning someone else's intelligence. In the end Ray Allen probably did the right thing for himself and showed foresight that maybe Pierce and Garnett didn't have. So good for him. But it is not the same thing.
We're still disagreeing with you because you act like this is an important distinction. Pierce was traded. Once he is traded, what is loyalty? There was nothing he could do to remain a Celtic. What, some begging plea to Ainge or Grousbeck not to be moved? IT probably wouldn't even work and it's beneath his dignity. There was nothing he could do to remain a Celtic. So what is loyalty, at this point? If you stay in love with your wife after she leaves you for another man it's not noble, it's pathetic.
Are you all retarded or what? Both of them, Pierce and KG had a no trade clause. They couldn't trade them if they didn't want to. Simple as that.

Real Men Wear Green
10-17-2013, 01:11 PM
Are you all retarded or what? Both of them, Pierce and KG had a no trade clause. They couldn't trade him if they didn't want to. Simple as that.
Go find a link or shred of evidence anywhere of Pierce's no trade clause. You're running your mouth and don't know what you're talking about. Just makes you look stupid.

Haymaker
10-17-2013, 01:11 PM
Lebron is an awesome player. He's arguably the best in the world. But he should keep his mouth shut, he ain't the brightest bulb and he makes it clear.

Kurosawa0
10-17-2013, 01:12 PM
Here's the thing, do you think KG will act like he did towards Doc when the Nets play the Clippers like he did towards Ray last year? Doc did the same thing Ray did. He saw a sinking ship and moved on to a better situation.

Solefade
10-17-2013, 01:13 PM

Wtf is the difference bro? He fulfilled his contract and left cus he realized the Cavs were a shitty organization (this is indisputable) and joined a better team and city. But it's okay for someone to ask to be traded to where they want to be traded? PP didn't have a choice but Danny Ainge is about the business and obviously doesn't seem to care for personal relationships with players. I think it's absolutely ridiculous that they could trade away the face of their franchise like that so easily. Why is it that players need to be loyal to their teams but when a team isn't loyal to their players it's totally shrugged off? Regardless, KG and PP do owe Ray an apology.

Real Men Wear Green
10-17-2013, 01:15 PM
Here's the thing, do you think KG will act like he did towards Doc when the Nets play the Clippers like he did towards Ray last year? Doc did the same thing Ray did. He saw a sinking ship and moved on to a better situation.
I don't think Garnett will disrespect Rivers. And that may not be entirely fair but that doesn't mean he has to apologize to Allen because all he did was end a relationship. HE doesn't have to have that relationship if he doesn't want to.

Haymaker

Doc ain't coaching the Heat or the Knicks.

#number6ix#
There's no loyalty in sports... The players should look out for their best interest and so should the team simple as that

Real Men Wear Green
10-17-2013, 01:16 PM
Wtf is the difference bro? He fulfilled his contract and left cus he realized the Cavs were a shitty organization (this is indisputable) and joined a better team and city. But it's okay for someone to ask to be traded to where they want to be traded? PP didn't have a choice but Danny Ainge is about the business and obviously doesn't seem to care for personal relationships with players. Why is it that players need to be loyal to their teams but when a team isn't loyal to their players it's totally shrugged off? Regardless, KG and PP do owe Ray an apology.
The difference is pretty clear. As for KG, he's not going to apologize for anything so I guess a lot of you will have to remain upset.

jlip
10-17-2013, 01:17 PM
There's no loyalty in sports... The players should look out for their best interest and so should the team simple as that

:applause:

My sentiments exactly.

Trollsmasher
I mean, we all know that KG is the fakest guy in the NBA. Some hypocrisy from him should not be too surprising. He chose to leave.

It's different with PP though.

Nothing to see here.

LEFT4DEAD
Go find a link or shred of evidence anywhere of Pierce's no trade clause. You're running your mouth and don't know what you're talking about. Just makes you look stupid.
OK, only KG had it, but Pierce convinced him to leave. You cant blame Ray and leave out Pierce and KG. That makes YOU look very stupid.

longtime lurker
10-17-2013, 01:18 PM
I respect Lebron for standing up for his teammate but he's comparing completely different situations

Haymaker
10-17-2013, 01:20 PM
OK, only KG had it, but Pierce convinced him to leave. You cant blame Ray and leave out Pierce and KG. That makes YOU look very stupid.

I'm pretty sure Ainge saw no point in keeping KG if Pierce was gone. He traded Pierce knowing KG would either retire or waive his no trade clause to follow Pierce.

Solefade
The difference is pretty clear. As for KG, he's not going to apologize for anything so I guess a lot of you will have to remain upset.

Just putting this in perspective: You make a big deal out of being loyal but hasn't Ray been on the trading block for years? And do you really ship off the face of your franchise for 1.5 decades in PP without really consulting him? What if KG said no to the Nets trade? Where would PP be now?

So why do you feel like players need to be loyal to their teams? LBJ is right, players should decide whats best for themselves and their families. The NBA is a business.

Real Men Wear Green
So you were wrong, had no idea what you were talking about really, and can't refute anything I said, but somehow I'm the dumb one. That's fine. Moving on.

Real Men Wear Green
10-17-2013, 01:26 PM
Just putting this in perspective: You make a big deal out of being loyal but hasn't Ray been on the trading block for years? And do you really ship off the face of your franchise for 1.5 decades without really asking him? What if KG said no to the Nets trade? Where would PP be now?

So why do you feel like players need to be loyal to their teams? LBJ is right, players should decide whats best for themselves and their families. The NBA is a business.
If you read my posts in this thread I repeatedly state that Allen probably did the best thing for his career and showed more foresight than Pierce and KG.

As for what happens if Garnett doesn't waive the no-trade? We don't know for sure but I suspect the Cs find a smaller trade to move Pierce for cap space, picks, and/or young talent because that's what rebuilding teams do with vets on big contracts if they can.

I do not feel that players must show teams blind loyalty but what many of you can't seem to understand is that James is wrong because the facts that he based his statement on are wrong and when your facts are wrong you are going to be wrong.

Kurosawa0
Doc ain't coaching the Heat or the Knicks.

What difference should that make? This Heat are the enemy crap is so childish. They're a rival team, but come on. If Mike Miller had went to Chicago you wouldn't see LeBron treating him like crap.

Killbot

I guess I don't like the use of the word extreme in this case. :confusedshrug:

I would figure Pierce try to convince them that he is going to teach the players and not get in the way of things and stay until the end of the contract or when Garnett retires. I know Ainge probably won't care, but Grousbeck might. I'm not familiar with the owner's personality.

alexd
10-17-2013, 01:29 PM
Just putting this in perspective: You make a big deal out of being loyal but hasn't Ray been on the trading block for years? And do you really ship off the face of your franchise for 1.5 decades in PP without really consulting him? What if KG said no to the Nets trade? Where would PP be now?

/thread
NBA = business .owners can trade whoever they want but players can t decide where they want to play?its not like they play for fun with friends etc.they do that as a living.you choose where to live where to play and with what teammates.if lbj was still on cavs he would have 0 rings.if you try and be romantic and say stuff like loyalty etc then you ve never had a successful job in your life and earn a lot of money.its a job not picking teammates for a pickup game at the park

InfiniteBaskets
10-17-2013, 01:31 PM
So let me get this straight...

Ray Allen doesn't see eye-to-eye with Celtics management/organization, and Rondo... Decides to part ways with Celtics, thus parting ways with KG. KG doesn't acknowledge Ray Allen.

Doc Rivers doesn't see eye-to-eye with Celtics management and the direction they are headed, so he leaves for the Clippers, thus parting ways with KG. Also is quoted saying he's "Happy DeAndre Jordan was not traded for KG". Yes I know he's saying things to keep his new team happy, but really, was it necessary to take a shot at KG in order to feed Jordan's ego, and publicly?

Celtics management then feels as if Pierce and KG are both a hindrance to rebuilding with Rondo and Green, so they are traded. Thus in a way, Ainge + management make the decision to trade away Pierce and KG.

Is KG going to delete Doc's number from his cell phone? Is he going to give Ainge the cold shoulder every time he sees him? Not saying KG has to, but if his reasoning for ignoring Allen is because Allen choose to part ways... well plenty of people have parted ways with him since then. Or is there some sort of multiplier effect when you leave for the Heat?

ispin69
10-17-2013, 01:37 PM
B-b-but KG and Pierce were traded. Right, KG had a no trade clause you dumbfcks. There would be no trade without his consent. He wasn't forced to go anywhere but he CHOSE to go to another contender with Pierce. Fck all that noise of hypocrisy.

Lebron spittin that ETHER.
Showing them all dat HYPOCRISY.

:applause: :bowdown:

Real Men Wear Green
10-17-2013, 01:38 PM
Is KG going to delete Doc's number from his cell phone? Is he going to give Ainge the cold shoulder every time he sees him? Not saying KG has to, but if his reasoning for ignoring Allen is because Allen choose to part ways... well plenty of people have parted ways with him since then. Or is there some sort of multiplier effect when you leave for the Heat?
I haven't heard what Garnett has to say about Doc recently but my guess is they'll remain friends. Some may feel that isn't fair to Allen. Well, too bad, that's how KG feels. And I do think Allen going to the Heat made it worse. When one team knocks another out in a situation like Game 7 of the Conference Finals any player from the losing side that goes over to the winning side is going to be resented by some of his ex-teammates. That's how it's always been.

pauk

This.

Crown&Coke
f the apology

just go out and bust their ass. Thats the only thing that is going to matter

ripthekik
10-17-2013, 01:42 PM
wow. Lebron still doesn't know how to shut his dumbass mouth up

ProfessorMurder
10-17-2013, 01:55 PM
B-b-but KG and Pierce were traded. Right, KG had a no trade clause you dumbfcks. There would be no trade without his consent. He wasn't forced to go anywhere but he CHOSE to go to another contender with Pierce. Fck all that noise of hypocrisy.

Lebron spittin that ETHER.
Showing them all dat HYPOCRISY.

:applause: :bowdown:

He was traded, and chose to accept the trade. That's not stabbing anyone in the back. If you think waiving a no trade clause is the same as demanding a trade or playing the free agent market you're f*cking stupid.

Him playing for the Nets allowed Pierce to not go to a garbage team like Milwaukee or Cleveland.

CelticBaller
10-17-2013, 01:56 PM

This.

LeBron should shut his dumbass up

HurricaneKid
10-17-2013, 01:57 PM
I can't believe you guys are all up in arms re: LeBron standing up for his teammate. A teammate that helped his career immeasurably last season.

It doesn't even matter if he was right or wrong. Its still the right thing.

It helps that he was right though...

ispin69
10-17-2013, 02:00 PM
He was traded, and chose to accept the trade. That's not stabbing anyone in the back. If you think waiving a no trade clause is the same as demanding a trade or playing the free agent market you're f*cking stupid.

Him playing for the Nets allowed Pierce to not go to a garbage team like Milwaukee or Cleveland.

There would be no trade without KG's consent.
What part of this do you not understand?
Who cares where Pierce goes, that's DISLOYALTY on the Celtics part.
But it's a business.

:biggums: Crackhead found.

Dengness9
10-17-2013, 02:01 PM
Heat stans.... none of you liked the Heat 3 years ago. This is "your" team, and the use of "us" is hilarious.

the fake ass fan boys who don't have any balls to stick with a team just follow players like children do.

Ray Allen doing what was better for his family.... taking way less money? Nice try.

Lebron doesn't know how to not put his foot in his mouth. That's what happens when your mom is a life long crack whore and your dad is either Greg Oden or Delonte West. Possibly both, because we all know a busted crack whore will let 2 men deposit in her at the same time.

:sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping

Dengness9
10-17-2013, 02:02 PM
Notice how fake Heat fans talk shit about Chicago violence as if that joke isn't so redundant here...

Notice how people dont attack Miami because everyone knows none of you are even from Florida?

Checkmate.

Dengness9
10-17-2013, 02:04 PM
Heat stans.... none of you liked the Heat 3 years ago. This is "your" team, and the use of "us" is hilarious.

the fake ass fan boys who don't have any balls to stick with a team just follow players like children do.

Ray Allen doing what was better for his family.... taking way less money? Nice try.

Lebron doesn't know how to not put his foot in his mouth. That's what happens when your mom is a life long crack whore and your dad is either Greg Oden or Delonte West. Possibly both, because we all know a busted crack whore will let 2 men deposit in her at the same time.

I just realized Lebron has now played on the same team with both his Daddy's....unreal!:applause: :rockon: :bowdown:

ispin69
10-17-2013, 02:04 PM

I liked the Heat when Shaq went there.

Killbot
10-17-2013, 02:06 PM

What if his family loves Miami? Ray Allen's mom lives in Orlando or so I've heard. That's looking out for the family. His mom can help care for his kids and the kids gets to see grandma :confusedshrug:

Dengness9
10-17-2013, 02:10 PM
I liked the Heat when Shaq went there.

And before Shaq went there?

So you are a bandwagon fan like the rest, like i said.

Dengness9
10-17-2013, 02:11 PM
What if his family loves Miami? Ray Allen's mom lives in Orlando or so I've heard. That's looking out for the family. His mom can help care for his kids and the kids gets to see grandma :confusedshrug:

Im sure his family is proud he takes part in STD swapping orgies with StdWade and Lefraud while Bosh licks up the scraps like the lap dog he is.

niko
10-17-2013, 02:14 PM
He's actually right on this, Garnett acted like a big dick about Allen leaving and then spent all offseason agonizing about leaving while trying to leave at the same time. Only with Doc, well only to LA, well no Doc but Brooklyn IF they guarantee the money (and if they keep Reggie Evans - that's a stupidity test, do you think Garnett really cared about keeping Reggie Evans as a dealbreaker?).

Ray left, he's evil, Garnett left, because he is such a dedicated warrior who wants a title. SURE.

niko
10-17-2013, 02:17 PM
I haven't heard what Garnett has to say about Doc recently but my guess is they'll remain friends. Some may feel that isn't fair to Allen. Well, too bad, that's how KG feels. And I do think Allen going to the Heat made it worse. When one team knocks another out in a situation like Game 7 of the Conference Finals any player from the losing side that goes over to the winning side is going to be resented by some of his ex-teammates. That's how it's always been.
Garnett is not wrong for how he feels. He's allowed to feel however he wants to feel. He's just a hypocrite about it. Basically for Garnett his reasons are ok, Ray's are not, which isn't a crime, but from a person looking outside who hates all of them (Ray to Miami or Garnett to Brooklyn, neither made me happy) i see no difference at all.

BTW, congratulations to the Nets for being on Lebron's radar. That usually goes well for them.

Dengness9

I expect more out of someone with the name Killbot.

his grandma is too busy smoking pole/crack with Gloria WestOden

jimmy77x

Thread/

Most heat/Lebron fans are loser's with no life and latch on to who ever is successful at the time to make themselves feel better about their shitty lives for example Silk. They are the Beta's of society.

aj1987
10-17-2013, 02:19 PM

Seriously? You're so mad that you're attacking his family? I seriously hope that you get killed, so you won't pollute the gene pool.

Most heat/Lebron fans are loser's with no life and latch on to who ever is successful at the time to make themselves feel better about their shitty lives for example Silk. They are the Beta's of society.

Aren't all your posts about Lebron? Must suck to be so obsessed with hating a man, who doesn't even know you exist.

longtime lurker
10-17-2013, 02:20 PM
How can you dumb ****s not understand that being traded and leaving via free agency are two different circumstances. This reminds me of Heat fans always trying to claim that the Celtics formed a big 3 just like the Heat. Not even remotely close.

Dengness9
10-17-2013, 02:21 PM
Thread/

Truth:coleman: :coleman: :coleman: :coleman: :coleman:

Killbot
10-17-2013, 02:21 PM
I expect more out of someone with the name Killbot.

his grandma is too busy smoking pole/crack with Gloria WestOden

They are not in my target range yet.

Is that better?

SilkkTheShocker
10-17-2013, 02:22 PM
How can you dumb ****s not understand that being traded and leaving via free agency are two different circumstances. This reminds me of Heat fans always trying to claim that the Celtics formed a big 3 just like the Heat. Not even remotely close.

This clown would have nothing to post about if it weren't for the Heat. Sit in the corner and stfu, clown :roll:

Dengness9
10-17-2013, 02:22 PM

More truth doe.

niko
10-17-2013, 02:23 PM
He had to approve it. If he didn't want to leave he just had to say no. NO I LOVE BOSTON TOO MUCH TO LEAVE. How terrible that would have been for him, being even more of a hero.

He acted like a dick about Ray leaving,period. Ray just saw the writing on the wall a year earlier and got to plan his own exit while Boston planned PP's and Garnett's.

The only difference is Ray went to the Heat, whcih you all hate, and Garnett went to Brooklyn, which you have yet to learn to hate (give it time).

Dengness9
10-17-2013, 02:24 PM
Seriously? You're so mad that you're attacking his family? I seriously hope that you get killed, so you won't pollute the gene pool.

Aren't all your posts about Lebron? Must suck to be so obsessed with hating a man, who doesn't even know you exist.

http://img.pandawhale.com/79936-jonah-hill-I-cant-handle-it-gi-CdPU.gif

Stop being a P U S S Y

aj1987
10-17-2013, 02:26 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/79936-jonah-hill-I-cant-handle-it-gi-CdPU.gif

Stop being a P U S S Y
I'm pretty sure that's what you'll do once Miami stomps the Bulls out of the playoffs. AGAIN. :oldlol:

ProfessorMurder
10-17-2013, 02:33 PM
There would be no trade without KG's consent.
What part of this do you not understand?
Who cares where Pierce goes, that's DISLOYALTY on the Celtics part.
But it's a business.

:biggums: Crackhead found.

KG cared where Pierce went. KG said he'd retire if Pierce was traded and he was left alone. That was it. They keep Pierce and KG, trade Pierce and KG retires, or trade both to the same team.

What part of TRADED do you not understand? Do you really think KG was calling up the owners saying, "Hey man, trade me"? He was being loyal to his friend.

Solefade
10-17-2013, 02:37 PM
KG cared where Pierce went. KG said he'd retire if Pierce was traded and he was left alone. That was it. They keep Pierce and KG, trade Pierce and KG retires, or trade both to the same team.

What part of TRADED do you not understand? Do you really think KG was calling up the owners saying, "Hey man, trade me"? He was being loyal to his friend.

LeBron was being loyal to his friend in D.Wade too :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

Anyways, why can't people just admit that they hate Ray Allen because he's successful with LEBRON when he was projected to be a dud. Haters are gonna hate just own up to it.

Some of you haters that argue that LeBron leaving via unrestricted free agency after contract has been fulfilled and KG and PP via KG's consent are two completely different levels of loyalty when really it's not. Both players have a right to go wherever the **** they want.

longtime lurker
10-17-2013, 02:38 PM
He had to approve it. If he didn't want to leave he just had to say no. NO I LOVE BOSTON TOO MUCH TO LEAVE. How terrible that would have been for him, being even more of a hero.

He acted like a dick about Ray leaving,period. Ray just saw the writing on the wall a year earlier and got to plan his own exit while Boston planned PP's and Garnett's.

The only difference is Ray went to the Heat, whcih you all hate, and Garnett went to Brooklyn, which you have yet to learn to hate (give it time).

Again let's think critically. Neither Pierce or KG wanted to leave Boston, but the writing was on the wall that Ainge was blowing everything up! Completely different scenario from Ray Allen leaving a team that still felt they had another run in them to go to their playoff nemesis that HAD JUST KNOCKED THEM OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS. Facts are that Boston offered Ray more money than the Heat and a NO TRADE CLAUSE so whoever is boohooing about them shopping Allen can STFU. Allen could have gone to the Clippers, he could have gone to a number of contenders but he chose to go to a playoff rival for less money and then proceed to run his mouth about the Celtics after he had made his decision. Please tell me how this even compares to Pierce and Garnett getting traded, but saying whatever fvck this team is rebuilding and moving on. Remember they didn't demand a trade, they didn't bitch and they didn't talk shit about the Celtics after the trade. If you wanna criticize you criticize Doc who pretty much forced his way out but KG and Pierce isn't remotely comparable.

ispin69
10-17-2013, 02:38 PM

And before Shaq went there?

So you are a bandwagon fan like the rest, like i said.

I'm in LA, I was a laker fan. You think I'm going to root for a RAPIST CHUCKER? Fck that noise. I became a fan of every team Shaq was on.

Blindly following a team even when they make retarded decisions makes you a blind delusional HOMER.

It's A VC3!!!
10-17-2013, 02:40 PM
What? Yeah he waived his no trade clause... But that was after Danny Ainge said " The pieces to trade you are in place, all we need is a yes". It wasn't as if KG wanted to ever leave Boston, nor did Paul. They wanted to retire a Celtic. Ray didn't.. Bottom line.

It's A VC3!!!
10-17-2013, 02:42 PM

Why would he say "NO" and be in a place where he's not wanted...? I don't care that Ray left but people are viewing Rays situation and Kevin's the same exact thing. Those people are stupid. Plus, Deron, Joe and Kidd had to practically beg KG to leave. The guy is a true warrior.

Hoopz2332
10-17-2013, 02:44 PM

Lebron is right ...just to quote a celtics fan from another board about Garnett

Let's face it. Garnett flat out said there was no way in hell he plays for another coach or team and that if it was his choice he would retire in Boston. Guess what? The choice was his to waive the clause and he did it. So obviously it's not a traitor move like Allen, people can even argue it was done to help Boston as they were no longer wanted here while Allen was offered a big contract to come back, but the fact remains that Garnett said all those things and did otherwise. Pierce is a different story he flat out got traded and had no choice. I guess he could have called KG and tried his best to make him not waive the clause to see if it would put brakes on the trade so he could stay, but he knew goingg to Brooklyn was better than staying here with this mediocre team. At the end of the day both guys did what Ray did, just not in a dirty way. What Lebron is not getting is that people dont mind that Ray left.. It was his choice and everybody could understand. The problem was he left for Scum beach right after they eliminated us and we became heated rivals. That's low and disgusting. I very much agree with jsf, Danny please give us a squad that can beat these bitches in 2-3 years. I despise Wade like I have never despised anybody else before.

Goldrush25
10-17-2013, 02:48 PM
KG had a no trade clause. As much rationalization as you guys do for it, he didn't have to waive it. That's what they're there for, so that he doesn't have to go to another team if he doens't want to. He waived it. That means he wanted to go to another team. As much hating as you guys want to do heap on to Lebron, these are facts. All of this dumb talk about "Well he wasn't wanted there" makes me laugh. Why the frick do you people think NTCs exist? Teams that don't want players trade them. If the teams always want you, the players wouldn't need NTCs.

KG absolutely is a hypocrite, and Pierce was complicit in the deal. You can make up all of the technicalities you want but it's the same thing, the same thing that made KG act like a little school girl. Without KG CHOOSING to leave the Celtics, this deal doesn't happen.

Not going to talk to a grown man just because Allen switched teams, lol. Little girl.:oldlol:

DaSeba5
This is what you call ripping somebody? Dumb troll(s).

ispin69
Do any of you understand what free agency is? THE CONTRACT IS OVER. YOU CHOOSE WHATEVER TEAM YOU WANT TO GO TO. Lebron chose his team, Ray Allen chose his team.

KG and Pierce were BOTH STILL UNDER CONTRACT. KG had a NO TRADE CLAUSE. CHOOSING to waive that and go to another team via trade, you think that's LOYALTY?

:facepalm Numbskulls.

It's A VC3!!!
10-17-2013, 02:52 PM
KG had a no trade clause. As much rationalization as you guys do for it, he didn't have to waive it. That's what they're there for, so that he doesn't have to go to another team if he doens't want to. He waived it. That means he wanted to go to another team. As much hating as you guys want to do heap on to Lebron, these are facts.

KG absolutely is a hypocrite, and Pierce was complicit in the deal. You can make up all of the technicalities you want but it's the same thing, the same thing that made KG act like a little school girl. Without KG CHOOSING to leave the Celtics, this deal doesn't happen.

Not going to talk to a grown man just because Allen switched teams, lol. Little girl.:oldlol:

He didn't waive his no trade clause because he woke up one day and said "I want to be a Net". That's what you retards keep thinking. He waived it because the Celtics wanted to trade him and Paul, Deron and Jason begged him.

THE CELTICS WANTED KEVIN GONE AND HE LEFT
THE CELTICS WANTED TO KEEP RAY BUT HE LEFT.

TWO DIFFERENT SITUATIONS...IDIOTS.

Solefade
10-17-2013, 02:55 PM
He didn't waive his no trade clause because he woke up one day and said "I want to be a Net". That's what you retards keep thinking. He waived it because the Celtics wanted to trade him and Paul, Deron and Jason begged him.

So why the **** do players gotta be loyal to their organization if they're not loyal to them? Garnett DIDN'T HAVE TO waive his NTC. That was HIS choice bottom line.

ispin69

Well that CHANGES EVERYTHING because someone was begging. :biggums:
Wade and Bosh begged, Riley begged. omgosh that doesn't count.

tmacattack33
This.

KG should never be critiquing someone for hypocrisy or loyalty issues. Ever.

It's A VC3!!!
10-17-2013, 02:57 PM
So why the **** do players gotta be loyal to their organization if they're not loyal to them? Garnett DIDN'T HAVE TO waive his NTC. That was HIS choice bottom line.
That's great but does you're stupid ass understand this difference.

The Celtics wanted to trade Kevin therefore he left.
The Celtics wanted to keep Ray and he said "**** you" and left them.

The real bottom line was that if the Celtics wanted to keep Kevin, he would've retired a Celtic. Ray never had any intention of retiring a Celtic. I'm not making one more post in this thread. The only people debating against this are LeBron dickriders.

Goldrush25
10-17-2013, 02:58 PM

Was he coerced? Was his life threatened? Was a gun to his head? Then he waived it willingly. All of this other talk about why you think he did it and why it's different is ridiculous and for the birds. You're just trying to rationalize it because you hate Lebron and the Heat. Simple.

If he didn't want to waive it he wouldn't have waived it. No one thinking rationally would disagree with that. :oldlol:

longtime lurker
10-17-2013, 02:59 PM
Lebron is right ...just to quote a celtics fan from another board about Garnett

Instead of pulling quotes out of your ass why don't we post actual quotes

[QUOTE]On considering retirement:

Solefade
10-17-2013, 03:04 PM
That's great but does you're stupid ass understand this difference.

The Celtics wanted to trade Kevin therefore he left.
The Celtics wanted to keep Ray and he said "**** you" and left them.

The real bottom line was that if the Celtics wanted to keep Kevin, he would've retired a Celtic. Ray never had any intention of retiring a Celtic. I'm not making one more post in this thread. The only people debating against this are LeBron dickriders.

Uhm they wanted to rebuild but whether Kevin left or not was up to him. Do you understand what a No Trade Clause is? The Celtics wanted to "keep" Ray Allen but put him on the trading block on 2-3 different occasions and brought in some players to take his PT and not to mention the tension he had with Rondo. YEAH OK. The circumstances doesn't change what KG did at the end of the day.

You're just mad he went to LeBron's team and ended winning another ring. Just admit it.

niko
10-17-2013, 03:06 PM
Again let's think critically. Neither Pierce or KG wanted to leave Boston, but the writing was on the wall that Ainge was blowing everything up! Completely different scenario from Ray Allen leaving a team that still felt they had another run in them to go to their playoff nemesis that HAD JUST KNOCKED THEM OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS. Facts are that Boston offered Ray more money than the Heat and a NO TRADE CLAUSE so whoever is boohooing about them shopping Allen can STFU. Allen could have gone to the Clippers, he could have gone to a number of contenders but he chose to go to a playoff rival for less money and then proceed to run his mouth about the Celtics after he had made his decision. Please tell me how this even compares to Pierce and Garnett getting traded, but saying whatever fvck this team is rebuilding and moving on. Remember they didn't demand a trade, they didn't bitch and they didn't talk shit about the Celtics after the trade. If you wanna criticize you criticize Doc who pretty much forced his way out but KG and Pierce isn't remotely comparable.

I'm not criticizing KG for leaving, i have literally no issue with him leaving. He should go wherever he wants, however he wants. I also have no issue with him ragging on Ray. NONE at all.

However it's hypocritical to play semantics and say the reason Ray left is evil but Garnett leaving, that's totally understandable. No, it's not. Ride to you die is not ride unless you really feel justified at which time leave.

Lebron's not wrong on this at all.

Nash
10-17-2013, 03:06 PM

Boston wanted Ray to leave too. They wanted to trade him plenty of times.

How is this difficult to understand? Ray knew that Boston were going to rebuild sooner or later and that he would be the first to go. Instead of leaving his future up to whenever and wherever Boston would trade him, he took his future in his own hands and went to a place where he was guaranteed minimum 2 years in the same city and on a team that would value what he would bring and never trade him. No suddenly packing up and moving his family to some random city.

=
Security for him and his families future.

KG had no right to whine about it.

ispin69
10-17-2013, 03:08 PM
Who cares if Allen had intentions of retiring a Celtic, HE WAS A FREE AGENT. Lebron was a free agent. Do you understand what free agency is? People are this dense.

Retiring as a Celtic was so important right? Yet KG and Pierce, NEITHER are retiring as Celtics right now. What's the BS about loyalty when they're willing to trade Paul Pierce (a lifetime celtic)? Fck loyalty, it's a business. Were the Fakers loyal to Shaq who brought them those 3 rings? Nope. Get the fck out of here with your loyalty bullsh!t.

DaSeba5
10-17-2013, 03:14 PM
Who cares if Allen had intentions of retiring a Celtic, HE WAS A FREE AGENT. Lebron was a free agent. Do you understand what free agency is? People are this dense.

Retiring as a Celtic was so important right? Yet KG and Pierce, NEITHER are retiring as Celtics right now. What's the BS about loyalty when they're willing to trade Paul Pierce (a lifetime celtic)? Fck loyalty, it's a business. Were the Fakers loyal to Shaq who brought them those 3 rings? Nope. Get the fck out of here with your loyalty bullsh!t.

Correct. Every franchise in every sports league is ran like a business. And people also act like KG and Allen were Celtics for their whole careers.

TMT
10-17-2013, 03:16 PM
Funny how Lebron is trying to protect his ego through Ray Allen. :oldlol: The situations were completely different. Just shut up and play ball, Lebron.

Hoopz2332
10-17-2013, 03:17 PM

he begged him? WTF kinda of girly reasoning is that?

http://cdn.niketalk.com/1/16/164d263f_ibxFWGla38dwbC.gif

longtime lurker
10-17-2013, 03:18 PM
I'm not criticizing KG for leaving, i have literally no issue with him leaving. He should go wherever he wants, however he wants. I also have no issue with him ragging on Ray. NONE at all.

However it's hypocritical to play semantics and say the reason Ray left is evil but Garnett leaving, that's totally understandable. No, it's not. Ride to you die is not ride unless you really feel justified at which time leave.

Lebron's not wrong on this at all.

Yes he is wrong because he's comparing two completely different situations. Like I said I get he's standing up for his teammate, but he's just flat out wrong here. If KG praised Lebron for going to Miami but criticized Ray Allen then he'd be a hypocrite. In this case you can't compare the two situations. These guys can criticize whoever they want but Lebron is just flat out wrong here.

PickernRoller
10-17-2013, 03:23 PM
Ohh no he didn't!!!

Lebron trying to be all cynical about franchise players leaving their team. "Nature of the business" my big fat d1ck..... No one forgets "the decision" doe. Leaving in his prime to ring chase elsewhere after promising a ring........this clown is the perfect mirror image of his fans. Now he thinks he can talk trash. Keep trying doe, everyone knows you're a fraud.

niko
10-17-2013, 03:25 PM
Yes he is wrong because he's comparing two completely different situations. Like I said I get he's standing up for his teammate, but he's just flat out wrong here. If KG praised Lebron for going to Miami but criticized Ray Allen then he'd be a hypocrite. In this case you can't compare the two situations. These guys can criticize whoever they want but Lebron is just flat out wrong here.

No, it's semantics. KG, and apparently you have decided there is a list of acceptable ways to leave a team and unacceptable ways. Therefore you can criticize and praise who you like. I don't deal with semantics. This is a job, and you shouldn't be a dick when someone leaves because when it's your turn it would be nice if others aren't a dick. Can i have the official acceptable reasons to leave list so i'll know who to and who not to criticize?

I can't stand Ray Allen nor the Heat, nor KG or the Nets. I just think you all pick and choose who is ok and who is not. If Melo leaves the Knicks i won't root for him as a Laker, but it doesn't make him evil.

I still say the interesting thing here is the Nets on Lebron's radar. Makes it much more fun of a game.

Goldrush25
10-17-2013, 03:34 PM

Actually at their core, they are the same situation. People are using technicalities and semantics to further their agendas, but at its core, KG's road out of Boston was similar to Allen's. Both had complete control of their destinations at the time they made their decisions. Both could have stayed in Boston had they wanted to. KG made a decision not to be there anymore, just like Allen. He's a man and made that decision on his own accord.

People are trying to rationalize it by saying he was coerced or pushed out, which is foolish. He wasn't. A no trade clause is iron clad. He wasn't leaving unless he desired to leave the situation, for whatever reason. Saying that "they didn't want him there" and "he was begged by his friends" doesn't change the decision he made, because him saying "I want to stay" would've rendered all of those reasons moot.

mr beast
10-17-2013, 03:40 PM
LBJ is frigging dumb

it is totally two different scenario

1. Ray Allen was offered 6mil/year to stay in boston, he opted out and signed with Heat for 3mil/year to ring chase with the heat

2. Danny Ainge is probably the one that persuaded the three OGs to leave since he wants a rebuild (im pretty sure anyone can tell a rebuild was coming after Rondo went down and how celtics did in the playoff, they are simply too old)

KG , Pierce, and Doc was probably upset that Allen didnt want to stay for 1 final run even though they were on the brink of breaking up. i believe that's why they ripped Ray Allen so hard for leaving like that.

niko
10-17-2013, 03:42 PM
KG didn't need to throw his friend under the bus for wanting a better role on a team. I never understood that. That's not being a good teammate, that's just being selfish. You are hurting me and my chances therefore you are a dick.

Dengness9
10-17-2013, 03:42 PM
They are not in my target range yet.

Is that better?

Better!:rockon:

Dengness9
10-17-2013, 03:46 PM
I'm pretty sure that's what you'll do once Miami stomps the Bulls out of the playoffs. AGAIN. :oldlol:

Bulls > Heat anyway you slice it

http://www.bullszone.com/photos/datamax/image16.jpg

http://www.nba.com/media/bulls/banners_051210.jpg

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/aaa-rafters-michael-jordan-number-retired-by-miami-heat.jpg

Youve been brainwashed to think you're "witnessing" greatness but it will never amount to what Ive already been through.

Just wait til Rose and the Bullies add another one to the rafters.... Heat's luck is about to run out.....then you can go cheer whatever player/team you ******* latch onto next...

Dengness9
10-17-2013, 03:49 PM
I'm in LA, I was a laker fan. You think I'm going to root for a RAPIST CHUCKER? Fck that noise. I became a fan of every team Shaq was on.

Blindly following a team even when they make retarded decisions makes you a blind delusional HOMER.

You'd be right if I was following a franchise that never amounted to anything but its the opposite so yeah.

And you had a chance to stay rooting for one of the best franchises in all of sports and you jumped ship to the Heat?

Shaq isn't on the Heat anymore btw.... I feel sorry for you.

BANDWAGON like the rest of Heat **** boys

Dengness9
10-17-2013, 03:53 PM
Ohh no he didn't!!!

Lebron trying to be all cynical about franchise players leaving their team. "Nature of the business" my big fat d1ck..... No one forgets "the decision" doe. Leaving in his prime to ring chase elsewhere after promising a ring........this clown is the perfect mirror image of his fans. Now he thinks he can talk trash. Keep trying doe, everyone knows you're a fraud.

Yup.

Not to mention fake Heat stans giving KG crap when he stood by Minnesota through his prime unlike Lebron in Cleveland. And yes, KG suffered not winning titles in Minny but this isn't about winning. We are speaking in terms of loyalty.

Make no mistake about it....Kevin Garnett staying in Minnesota for the bulk of his career and definitely throughout his prime and youth shows that dude was committed....he wasn't scared of the responsibility....unlike Delonte's bitch spawn

Real Men Wear Green
10-17-2013, 03:58 PM
No, it's semantics. KG, and apparently you have decided there is a list of acceptable ways to leave a team and unacceptable ways. Therefore you can criticize and praise who you like. I don't deal with semantics. This is a job, and you shouldn't be a dick when someone leaves because when it's your turn it would be nice if others aren't a dick. Can i have the official acceptable reasons to leave list so i'll know who to and who not to criticize?

I can't stand Ray Allen nor the Heat, nor KG or the Nets. I just think you all pick and choose who is ok and who is not. If Melo leaves the Knicks i won't root for him as a Laker, but it doesn't make him evil.

I still say the interesting thing here is the Nets on Lebron's radar. Makes it much more fun of a game.
This is wrong. James quote:
"I think the first thing I thought was 'wow, Ray got killed for leaving Boston and now these guys are leaving Boston,'" James said.So the way they left Boston matters. Pierce had no choice, he was just traded. Garnett could have rejected the deal but the team was asking him to go. KG was mad at Allen because he felt Allen abandoned them for the enemy. This is not hard to understand. It's not the same thing.

Goldrush25
10-17-2013, 04:03 PM
Garnett could have rejected the deal but the team was asking him to go. KG was mad at Allen because he felt Allen abandoned them for the enemy. This is not hard to understand. It's not the same thing.

Changes nothing. He had a NTC. That mean KG could've stayed there as long as he wasn't in breach of contract.

Both could have remained with Boston had they wanted to. Those are the facts and are indisputable.

I have no issue with Pierce being traded. He wasn't the one making a big stink about it like KG did.

BoutPractice
10-17-2013, 04:05 PM
LeBron is trying to defend his teammate, not criticize KG and Pierce. And as has been pointed out, KG definitely did have a choice.

The broader point that LeBron's remarks allude to that I think should be made, is that it's a good thing that players have some choice in where they're playing instead of simply being pawns of the system. And I'm saying that as a Dallas fan. Dirk is loyal, and I am extremely thankful for that, but he had no obligation to be.

Loyalty can be admirable, but in loyalty there should be reciprocity. Dirk was loyal to Dallas in the difficult years because he trusted that Cuban and Nelson's goal was to build a championship team around him (which they did), and because he felt at home in Dallas, where he was a local hero. Duncan has been loyal to the Spurs because they're the best run organization in the league by far and because he's won about every other title with them. As for Kobe and Pierce (up until the trade) we are talking about the Lakers and the Celtics. They're pretty much the easiest teams to be loyal to. Who wouldn't want to be remembered as a Laker or a Celtic?

longtime lurker
10-17-2013, 04:07 PM

What you're arguing semantics is called facts. The situations aren't the same, the motivations aren't the same, the state of the team aren't the same. Simple fact if Boston wasn't rebuilding is KG still on the team? Not everything is black and white and yes there are acceptable times that criticism is warranted and when it's not. That's just the reality of the situation.

It's funny you bring up New York and Melo because a lot of New York fans were upset with the way Lin negotiated his contract with the Rockets. And some of the Knicks criticized the contract that he was getting. Now if Melo leaves for the Lakers does that make him a hypocrite for signing with the Lakers while he criticized Lin? The answer will be NO because again they're two different situations and I'm 100% sure you won't get on Melo's case for signing with the Lakers.

longtime lurker
10-17-2013, 04:09 PM
Changes nothing. He had a NTC. That mean KG could've stayed there as long as he wasn't in breach of contract.

Both could have remained with Boston had they wanted to. Those are the facts and are indisputable.

I have no issue with Pierce being traded. He wasn't the one making a big stink about it like KG did.

Do you not see the difference between Ray Allen leaving a contending team and Garnett leaving a rebuilding team?

Real Men Wear Green
10-17-2013, 04:10 PM
Changes nothing. He had a NTC. That mean KG could've stayed there as long as he wasn't in breach of contract.The team put him into a trade. They asked him to leave. I don't know why this is so hard to understand.

Both could have remained with Boston had they wanted to. Those are the facts and are indisputable.And this is just wrong. The no-trade gave KG some power, though refusing to waive it and insisting on sticking on a rebuilding team would make for an awkward situation at best. Pierce, on the other hand, has no power. If he is traded, he is traded.

aj1987
10-17-2013, 04:15 PM
Bulls > Heat anyway you slice it

Youve been brainwashed to think you're "witnessing" greatness but it will never amount to what Ive already been through.

Just wait til Rose and the Bullies add another one to the rafters.... Heat's luck is about to run out.....then you can go cheer whatever player/team you ******* latch onto next...
WTF are you talking about? Stop living in the past dude. I never said the Heat as a franchise > the Bulls as a franchise. The current Heat own the current Bulls though. Can't wait till the playoffs. The Heat will absolutely demolish the Bulls and you'll be crying about how the Heat are unfairly stacked. :oldlol:

niko
10-17-2013, 04:16 PM
What you're arguing semantics is called facts. The situations aren't the same, the motivations aren't the same, the state of the team aren't the same. Simple fact if Boston wasn't rebuilding is KG still on the team? Not everything is black and white and yes there are acceptable times that criticism is warranted and when it's not. That's just the reality of the situation.

It's funny you bring up New York and Melo because a lot of New York fans were upset with the way Lin negotiated his contract with the Rockets. And some of the Knicks criticized the contract that he was getting. Now if Melo leaves for the Lakers does that make him a hypocrite for signing with the Lakers while he criticized Lin? The answer will be NO because again they're two different situations and I'm 100% sure you won't get on Melo's case for signing with the Lakers.
The thing I said about Lin is the way he redid his contract told me he'd rather be a Rocket. The way the Knicks negotiated also showed me they probably wanted him to be a Rocket too. And a ton of Knick fans acted hypocritical about it. I think you agree wtih me, the difference is perspective. Knick fans were mad at how Lin left because Lin left them.

The only difference here is Celtic fans seem to think Garnett is still on their team. The first time the Nets beat them down and Pierce rips Celtic mgmt and Net fans laugh about the stupid Celtics getting raped by them, I wish Lebron said this then. I bet the opinions change.

To me this is work, and when a co-worker leaves you should wish him the best, pat him on the back because you will be the next one out the door.

I have no list of acceptable and non acceptable ways to leave, KG acted with a total lack of grace and Lebron is pointing this out. Still not seeing how this is wrong.

russwest0
10-17-2013, 04:17 PM
WTF are you talking about? Stop living in the past dude. I never said the Heat as a franchise > the Bulls as a franchise. The current Heat own the current Bulls though. Can't wait till the playoffs. The Heat will absolutely demolish the Bulls and you'll be crying about how the Heat are unfairly stacked. :oldlol:

Oh look, another Heat fan living in the past. Someone tell this clown 2014 is about to begin...

And also,

http://img.pandawhale.com/60234-LeBron-James-airball-gif-bulls-VfF9.gif

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Goldrush25
10-17-2013, 04:19 PM

So who gets to decide that KG's reasons for leaving were right and Allen's reasons for leaving were wrong?

Why is it that they can't just be reasons, and leave it at that? Each player in the NBA should have the right to do what is in the best interest of their careers. I don't bemoan either of their decisions that they made. Like a man, Allen made a decision. Like a man, KG made a decision. Neither broke the law so there is no right or wrong. They are just reasons for doing the same thing. Circumstances are always different, but they also don't matter.

For whatever reason, Allen decided he didn't want to play for Boston anymore. KG made that same decision, and don't try to say that he didn't. He legally made that decision when he waived his NTC.

Dengness9
10-17-2013, 04:20 PM

So in a couple years ill still be a Bulls fan and you will be supporting another team/player?

Got it.

Rose is younger than Wade and Lebron, just like they are having their time, well piggy backing each other, nonetheless, Rose will have his time.

Stop pumping up your franchise when the franchise's player knew he had to let another star take his throne so he would stay relevant.

Notice how Wade is all about "3 for Wade".....its so Miami Heat it's perfect.

It's about the individual accolades down there for those clowns, not the team.

Hence what the Heat "fan" base is all about.

Heat stans.... the only stans who fight each other because they wanted one player to be FMVP over the other instead of concentrating on the fact that the TEAM won the title.

I know, its brain surgery-esque.

Those homo's were celebrating how many titles they had won individually as oppose to just holding up 1 finger together.....suppose they were saving the 1 finger for Bosh for later

BlackWhiteGreen
10-17-2013, 04:20 PM
I love how people say "semantics" as though it suddenly makes sticking your middle finger up at your teammates, fans and management the same as being traded for the betterment of the franchise.

KG didn't need to throw his friend under the bus for wanting a better role on a team. I never understood that. That's not being a good teammate, that's just being selfish. You are hurting me and my chances therefore you are a dick.

Is playing 9 minutes less per game and taking 2 shots less per game a better role? Allen moaned about the ball not being in his hands in Boston but took more shots in Boston and a higher % of 3s vs 2s in Miami (so he was a catch and shoot role player). Allen moaned about almost being traded, but turned down the opportunity of having a no trade clause in his deal. His family was settled in Boston, his son had a great team of doctors to deal with his illness, and he won a championship with a great group of guys. He shit on it all though, and personally it's how I'll remember his career.

If you want to say Allen went to chase a ring that's fine, and I'm sure he realises that's what he went to do. But a better situation for him individually? You'll never convince me that's the case. And I don't see how you can blame Garnett and Pierce for being disappointed. They were a unit, they fought for 4 seasons as one of the best teams in the NBA. And he stabbed them in the back for their archrivals for half the price and less minutes and touches.

316MIA
10-17-2013, 04:22 PM
Honestly why is it so hard for some of you idiots to understand?

Pierce gets sort of a pass because he couldn't help it because the Celtics traded him..even though he did say that he refused to be apart of the rebuilding process but whatever, Pierce gets a pass.

This clown on the other hand is probably the biggest hypocrite in NBA history

Goldrush25
10-17-2013, 04:22 PM
The team put him into a trade. They asked him to leave. I don't know why this is so hard to understand.
And this is just wrong. The no-trade gave KG some power, though refusing to waive it and insisting on sticking on a rebuilding team would make for an awkward situation at best. Pierce, on the other hand, has no power. If he is traded, he is traded.

They put Ray Allen into a trade too.:oldlol:

But you probably didn't want to hear that because it invalidates your premise.

So was it not awkward for Ray Allen when they tried to trade him to the Grizzlies? Yet they still offered him a contract when he was a free agent. By that time the damage was done. They likely would've tried to trade him again that year.

BlackWhiteGreen
10-17-2013, 04:23 PM
So who gets to decide that KG's reasons for leaving were right and Allen's reasons for leaving were wrong?.

Take the same situation: your girl leaves you because you don't want her anymore, or she leaves you to go sleep with the guy who just got that promotion over you at work? In which situation are you more annoyed?

The first time the Nets beat them down and Pierce rips Celtic mgmt

Lifetime avatar bet that doesn't happen this season.

niko
10-17-2013, 04:25 PM
Take the same situation: your girl leaves you because you don't want her anymore, or she leaves you to go sleep with the guy who just got that promotion over you at work? In which situation are you more annoyed?

Garnett didn't need to throw Ray Allen under the bus last year, I don't get how that showed anything except he could be petty when something affected him negatively.

Real Men Wear Green
10-17-2013, 04:27 PM
They put Ray Allen into a trade too.:oldlol: No, they had trade talks but Allen left as a free agent, not via trade. hence,

But you probably didn't want to hear that because it invalidates your premise.nothing that you're posting is even valid.

So was it not awkward for Ray Allen when they tried to trade him to the Grizzlies? Yet they still offered him a contract when he was a free agent. They likely would've tried to trade him again that year.Wrong again. (http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/8552139/ray-allen-left-boston-celtics-no-trade-clause-table) He was offered a no-trade clause.

BlackWhiteGreen
10-17-2013, 04:27 PM
Garnett didn't need to throw Ray Allen under the bus last year, I don't get how that showed anything except he could be petty when something affected him negatively.

Did Allen need to throw the Celtics under the bus? I'm certain he talked more shit than all the Celtics combined last preseason.

niko
10-17-2013, 04:28 PM

Pierce hasn't been complimentary toward the Celtics as a Net.

Wow, Celtic fans really are married to these guys. They're Nets. You can have them back when they retire but right now they are Nets. Wow, Celtic fanbase has been beaten into submission.

Goldrush25
10-17-2013, 04:29 PM
No, they had trade talks but Allen left as a free agent, not via trade. hence,

I'm pretty sure Doc Rivers personally called Ray Allen and told him he was being traded to Memphis right before trade deadline in 2012. Trade fell through. You're either ill-informed or playing dumb.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7830058/doc-rivers-says-boston-celtics-nearly-traded-ray-allen-memphis-grizzlies-oj-mayo

niko
10-17-2013, 04:30 PM
Did Allen need to throw the Celtics under the bus? I'm certain he talked more shit than all the Celtics combined last preseason.
I don't know what he said but no. If he did that, he was completely being a dick. No question.

Real Men Wear Green
10-17-2013, 04:32 PM
Pierce hasn't been complimentary toward the Celtics as a Net.

Wow, Celtic fans really are married to these guys. They're Nets. You can have them back when they retire but right now they are Nets. Wow, Celtic fanbase has been beaten into submission.
What are you talking about? James said something based on incorrect intel. Some of us pointed out the difference, you and a few others chose to perpetuate James error, got corrected again, and now here we are. "Beaten into submission?" What?

aj1987
10-17-2013, 04:32 PM
So in a couple years ill still be a Bulls fan and you will be supporting another team/player?

Got it.
I see that you are as intelligent as Rose.

Rose is younger than Wade and Lebron, just like they are having their time, well piggy backing each other, nonetheless, Rose will have his time.

Stop pumping up your franchise when the franchise's player knew he had to let another star take his throne so he would stay relevant.

Notice how Wade is all about "3 for Wade".....its so Miami Heat it's perfect.

It's about the individual accolades down there for those clowns, not the team.

Hence what the Heat "fan" base is all about.

Heat stans.... the only stans who fight each other because they wanted one player to be FMVP over the other instead of concentrating on the fact that the TEAM won the title.

I know, its brain surgery-esque.

Those homo's were celebrating how many titles they had won individually as oppose to just holding up 1 finger together.....suppose they were saving the 1 finger for Bosh for later
http://images.ftw.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/iM0ZAx7ZydNC3.gif

Real Men Wear Green
10-17-2013, 04:33 PM
I'm pretty sure Doc Rivers personally called Ray Allen and told him he was being traded to Memphis right before trade deadline in 2012. Trade fell through. You're either ill-informed or playing dumb.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7830058/doc-rivers-says-boston-celtics-nearly-traded-ray-allen-memphis-grizzlies-oj-mayo
That would be trade talk, which I said happened, not actually getting traded. Do you understand the difference? I guess you don't.

jimalojj
10-17-2013, 04:34 PM
http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/8552139/ray-allen-left-boston-celtics-no-trade-clause-table

As mentioned before there is no loyalty in sports. The Celtics tried to trade Allen over the years, where was the loyalty then? If my boss tired to get rid of me numerous times and then a bigger competitor came in for me i'd do the exact same thing. If they hadn't tried to get rid of him it's unlikely he would have left although he had other concerns. The part below about the OJ Mayo trade was reason enough for him to leave. Great loyalty shown by the Celtics there :oldlol:

"Danny told me he had a deal on the table for me to go to Memphis for O.J. Mayo and he asked me what I thought," Allen said. "I told him I didn't like it. I told him I didn't want to leave Boston. He said, 'I hope you understand my position.' I said, 'I know you have to build this team for the future, but I'm not happy about it.'"

Allen called his family and instructed them to pack their things. Instead, 45 minutes later Ainge called back to say the deal was off.

Goldrush25
10-17-2013, 04:34 PM
That would be trade talk, which I said happened, not actually getting traded. Do you understand the difference? I guess you don't.

They submitted the trade proposal. The only reason it didn't happen is because Memphis backed out.:confusedshrug:

BoutPractice
10-17-2013, 04:35 PM
By the way, the reason someone like LeBron doesn't have the same point of view on loyalty as a regular guy is that he's not someone who plays for a team, he's his own brand, like Shaq in his day.

He's the only player right now who is bigger than any franchise other than the Lakers, Celtics, Bulls (although the Bulls are essentially still dependent on Michael Jordan... the real brand is Michael Jordan, even when they sell Derrick Rose they're still selling him in a very obvious way) and Knicks (the real brand being NY, not the Knicks themselves, of course). He could make any franchise just by playing for it, so he has all the leverage. From his perspective, it doesn't make sense that players would be subordinated to franchises. He's always been the brand, even in high school.

niko
10-17-2013, 04:40 PM
Garnett wanted to go to LA with Doc because LA is nice and sunny and it would be better there than in Boston. That fell through, so he accepted a secondary destination.

Why is this being portrayed like he was crowbarred out of Boston? He says no, everything unravels, everyone would have portrayed it like it never was going to happen. Essentially more money and a chance to win > staying in Boston.

Preferring a place and staying in the place are not the same thing. It sounds like Garnett stayed.

Note: I have no problem if he wanted to leave. I don't think it makes him disloyal. Blind loyalty to a job that is going to go on once you leave is comendable in a way, but kind of stupid.

longtime lurker
10-17-2013, 04:44 PM
The thing I said about Lin is the way he redid his contract told me he'd rather be a Rocket. The way the Knicks negotiated also showed me they probably wanted him to be a Rocket too. And a ton of Knick fans acted hypocritical about it. I think you agree wtih me, the difference is perspective. Knick fans were mad at how Lin left because Lin left them.

I'm not talking about Knicks fans I'm talking about Carmelo. And yes how Lin left the team matters, not just the fact that he left the team. Just like how Ray Allen left the team matters just not the fact. Like I said it's not either or. It's not leave the team or stay loyal and can't be mad at another player because he left. These guys are competitors and to a certain extent they're family. I'd expect the same amount of hate Ray received if KG went to play for the Lakers(even though they haven't been rivals for 3 years now)

I have no list of acceptable and non acceptable ways to leave, KG acted with a total lack of grace and Lebron is pointing this out. Still not seeing how this is wrong.

It's funny you bring this up because Ray Allen didn't stop running his mouth about the Celtics once he left. He pretty much showed his true colors, Lebron may be right in pointing out that KG's attitude, but still that doesn't make him a hypocrite. And of course Lebron's going to defend the guy that left as a free agent just like he did. I'd expect the Heat to have a completely different reaction if Bosh leaves for let's say Indiana or Chicago.

russwest0
10-17-2013, 04:47 PM
Oh look, another Heat fan living in the past. Someone tell this clown 2014 is about to begin...

And also,

http://img.pandawhale.com/60234-LeBron-James-airball-gif-bulls-VfF9.gif

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

:roll:

Real Men Wear Green
10-17-2013, 04:49 PM
Garnett wanted to go to LA with Doc because LA is nice and sunny and it would be better there than in Boston. That fell through, so he accepted a secondary destination.

Why is this being portrayed like he was crowbarred out of Boston? He says no, everything unravels, everyone would have portrayed it like it never was going to happen. Essentially more money and a chance to win > staying in Boston.

Preferring a place and staying in the place are not the same thing. It sounds like Garnett stayed.

Note: I have no problem if he wanted to leave. I don't think it makes him disloyal. Blind loyalty to a job that is going to go on once you leave is comendable in a way, but kind of stupid.
You keep on posting the same nonsense. Who is creating these trade proposals, Garnett or Ainge? Garnett's first choice was to play out his career with Pierce and Rondo as a Celtic come what may. That's why he's still regarded as loyal. It didn't work out that way because Ainge and the Celtics are rebuilding the organization. Ainge tried to trade him to the Clippers and would have had Stern not stepped in and then made another trade with the Nets. The team was and is trying to rebuild. IT wouldn't make sense for KG to stay on a losing team that wants to move him. Once a player is traded any talk of loyalty is out the window. James blithely stated that Pierce and KG decided to leave just like Allen. They did not. They got traded, with Garnett having the poor option of rejecting the deal and Pierce having no choice but to accept it or retire.

Goldrush25
10-17-2013, 04:53 PM
You keep on posting the same nonsense. Who is creating these trade proposals, Garnett or Ainge? Garnett's first choice was to play out his career with Pierce and Rondo as a Celtic come what may. That's why he's still regarded as loyal. It didn't work out that way because Ainge and the Celtics are rebuilding the organization. Ainge tried to trade him to the Clippers and would have had Stern not stepped in and then made another trade with the Nets. The team was and is trying to rebuild. IT wouldn't make sense for KG to stay on a losing team that wants to move him. Once a player is traded any talk of loyalty is out the window. James blithely stated that Pierce and KG decided to leave just like Allen. They did not. They got traded, with Garnett having the poor option of rejecting the deal and Pierce having no choice but to accept it or retire.

So why do you leave out the fact that they tried to trade Ray Allen? They would've done so had Memphis not backed out. Can't all of your reasons for KG leaving be applied to Allen?

That damaged their relationship beyond repair. Then in the offseason they offered him a deal that they knew he was going to reject anyway. It's the same thing. Both Allen and KG knew what direction the team was headed. Allen just seemed to figure it out before KG.

longtime lurker
10-17-2013, 04:56 PM
So why do you leave out the fact that they tried to trade Ray Allen? They would've done so had Memphis not backed out.

That damaged their relationship beyond repair. Then in the offseason they offered him a deal that they knew he was going to reject anyway. It's the same thing. Both Allen and KG knew what direction the team was headed. Allen just seemed to figure it out before KG.

So did Allen call the miss cleo hotline and find out that Rondo was going to tear his ACL? And the fact that they offered him a no trade clause pretty much makes the point that they were trying to trade him moot.

Dengness9
10-17-2013, 05:00 PM
I see that you are as intelligent as Rose.

http://images.ftw.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/iM0ZAx7ZydNC3.gif

Using a lebron gif tells me you're mad. Remember when D-Wade mattered or had his own team and didn't use PED's?

aj1987
10-17-2013, 05:03 PM
Using a lebron gif tells me you're mad. Remember when D-Wade mattered or had his own team and didn't use PED's?
Yes, I do. Remember the Bulls winning their 6th ring? Oh wait. You must've been 2 years old back then.

Real Men Wear Green
10-17-2013, 05:04 PM
So why do you leave out the fact that they tried to trade Ray Allen? They would've done so had Memphis not backed out. Can't all of your reasons for KG leaving be applied to Allen?I have never denied that Allen has been in trade talks. Never. I am really getting tired of correcting your inaccuracies. And you can't apply KG's "reasons" for leaving because he was traded while Allen left as a FA. IT's not the same thing. Whether you are capable of understanding this or not is the real question here, not the realties of their two different situations.

More misinformation. The Cs offered Allen more money than the Heat as well as a no-trade clause. You are now claiming they made this offer knowing it would be turned down? Man, whatever. Get back to reality first, then get back to me.

sc19
10-17-2013, 05:10 PM
KG and Pierce are still the same ring chasers as they were in Boston. Ray Allen just happen to have the brains to join a better team.

Goldrush25
10-17-2013, 05:11 PM
I have never denied that Allen has been in trade talks. Never. I am really getting tired of correcting your inaccuracies. And you can't apply KG's "reasons" for leaving because he was traded while Allen left as a FA. IT's not the same thing. Whether you are capable of understanding this or not is the real question here, not the realties of their two different situations.

You said that KG left because they made it clear that they were rebuilding. Didn't they send that same message to Allen when they attempted to trade him?

More misinformation. The Cs offered Allen more money than the Heat as well as a no-trade clause. You are now claiming they made this offer knowing it would be turned down? Man, whatever. Get back to reality first, then get back to me.

It's called deductive reasoning. It was reported weeks before the offseason that Ray Allen wanted out of Boston. He'd already made up his mind to leave. Money wasn't going to change that. He knew it and Boston knew it.

Teams do that all the time. It's a ploy to convince simpleton fans that they acted in good faith to keep the player.

BlackWhiteGreen
10-17-2013, 05:12 PM
So why do you leave out the fact that they tried to trade Ray Allen? They would've done so had Memphis not backed out. Can't all of your reasons for KG leaving be applied to Allen?

Garnett left when he wasn't wanted, the team got something in return and part of it was he knew it would help the Celtics in the long run. Allen left when the team was about to get stronger (Terry and Green joining the team that lost in 7 to the team he was about to join), took less money, got the Celtics nothing in return, went to a team with less shots and to be even lower in the pecking order for one reason and one reason only... to win a ring. And I'd have no problem with that, if he'd said "I appreciate everything the Celtics did for me but I want to win a championship and this represented the best chance". But he didn't! He talked shit about getting more shots and being more involved when he was less involved, took less shots, played less and was paid half the money.

Of course, you know that though.

Dengness9
10-17-2013, 05:16 PM
Yes, I do. Remember the Bulls winning their 6th ring? Oh wait. You must've been 2 years old back then.

And you got your first period in 06 when Wade wasn't a STD infected PED corpse who still had confidence in himself to be a winner w/ out riding Lebron....

Real Men Wear Green
10-17-2013, 05:18 PM
You said that KG left because they made it clear that they were rebuilding. Didn't they send that same message to Allen when they attempted to trade him?I can't believe some of the things you're writing. A "rebuilding" team is offering an SG in his mid-30s a deal with a no-trade clause...what?

It's called deductive reasoning. Or how about illogical fallacy?
It was reported weeks before the offseason that Ray Allen wanted out of Boston. He'd already made up his mind to leave. Money wasn't going to change that. He knew it and Boston knew it.So you're saying Allen was looking to leave during the playoffs? Really, and who reported this?

BlackWhiteGreen
10-17-2013, 05:18 PM
You said that KG left because they made it clear that they were rebuilding. Didn't they send that same message to Allen when they attempted to trade him?

Player A: 15.3 ppg, .449 FG%, .409 3FG%, 4.4 apg
Player B: 10.9 ppg, .449 FG%, .419 3FG%, 1.7 apg

Yes, there was clearly a very large difference between the production of these two players last season. Why would you trade player B (13 years older) for player A?

BlackWhiteGreen
10-17-2013, 05:19 PM
I can't believe some of the things you're writing. A "rebuilding" team is offering an SG in his mid-30s a deal with a no-trade clause...what?

Mid 30s is kind, Allen was 37 when last season started

Goldrush25
10-17-2013, 05:24 PM
I can't believe some of the things you're writing. A "rebuilding" team is offering an SG in his mid-30s a deal with a no-trade clause...what?

Yep, the same guy they tried to trade earlier that year. Because they threw a pile of money at him, he's supposed to forget what happened?

So you're saying Allen was looking to leave during the playoffs? Really, and who reported this?

Yeah, right after they were eliminated by the Heat. I distinctly remember Bill Simmons saying Ray Allen was practically passing out business cards to Lebron and Riley after they got bounced. Everyone knew where it was headed weeks before it happened.

BlackWhiteGreen
10-17-2013, 05:28 PM
Yep, the same guy they tried to trade earlier that year. Because they threw a pile of money at him, he's supposed to forget what happened?

Yeah, right after they were eliminated by the Heat. I distinctly remember Bill Simmons saying Ray Allen was practically passing out business cards to Lebron and Riley after they got bounced. Everyone knew where it was headed weeks before it happened.

So what you're saying is Allen couldn't handle the fact he was almost traded for a similar and much younger player, and that Danny Ainge was willing to screw up a rebuild by giving Allen a no trade clause? :rolleyes:

Real Men Wear Green
10-17-2013, 05:28 PM

Yeah, right after they were eliminated by the Heat. I distinctly remember Bill Simmons saying Ray Allen was practically passing out business cards to Lebron and Riley after they got bounced. Everyone knew where it was headed weeks before it happened.All I see here is you alleging that Simmons said that Allen was interested. And maybe Simmons did say that, but that's a far cry from the Celtics knowing Allen was a lock to leave but choosing to waste everyone's time by trying to get him to stay anyway. So basically...we have your opinions, which I'm not going to value highly. We're done.

Solefade
10-17-2013, 05:30 PM
this thread has gone to shit

BlackWhiteGreen
10-17-2013, 05:31 PM
this thread has gone to shit

Where else was it going?

Goldrush25
10-17-2013, 05:36 PM
So what you're saying is Allen couldn't handle the fact he was almost traded for a similar and much younger player, and that Danny Ainge was willing to screw up a rebuild by giving Allen a no trade clause? :rolleyes:

It was a 2 year deal. How's that screwing up a rebuild?:confusedshrug:

PJR
10-17-2013, 05:45 PM
12 pages for this tabloid fodder ass shit. Good grief. :oldlol:

BlackWhiteGreen
10-17-2013, 05:49 PM
It was a 2 year deal. How's that screwing up a rebuild?:confusedshrug:

He'd just be another one of those $5-10m guys who are useless to a team like the Celtics. Like Lee, Bogans and Bass at the moment. If Ainge gave someone that deal this year he would be utterly crucified.

Nash
10-17-2013, 05:51 PM
There is a reason why KG and Pierce ended up in in Brooklyn with Deron, Lopez and Johnson and not.. I don't know, Sacramento. They went there because it was a much better situation for them. I mean, they are going to a division rival to Boston, where did all that loyalty go?

Legends66NBA7
10-17-2013, 05:51 PM

Tim Duncan and Dirk Nowitzki are the exceptions to this in terms of current players (or players that were all-star/superstar level).

So yes there is still loyalty, but the NBA is a business and the players are all business men as well when their off the court, so they have the right to do what they want.

But really, this is just some media drama. Can't believe this thread is still going over some apology crap and semantics that neither side will give in.

Hoopz2332
10-17-2013, 05:52 PM
12 pages for this tabloid fodder ass shit. Good grief. :oldlol:

This is all the salty lebron haters have to hang their hat on:oldlol:

BlackWhiteGreen
10-17-2013, 05:53 PM
There is a reason why KG and Pierce ended up in in Brooklyn with Deron, Lopez and Johnson and not.. I don't know, Sacramento. They went there because it was a much better situation for them. I mean, they are going to a division rival to Boston, where did all that loyalty go?

and what was it that Sacramento offered the Celtics?

Goldrush25
10-17-2013, 05:57 PM
He'd just be another one of those $5-10m guys who are useless to a team like the Celtics. Like Lee, Bogans and Bass at the moment. If Ainge gave someone that deal this year he would be utterly crucified.

Well Ray Allen was better than some free agent off the street. It's my personal belief that they didn't expect him to re-sign, but that doesn't matter. I don't see the deal they offered Ray Allen as a bad one for either side. If he took the deal that probably makes the trade to Brooklyn an even sweeter deal for the Nets. I don't see it changing the course of their organization much either way, that Brooklyn trade happens whether Allen is on Boston or not, IMO.

But there was widely reported bad blood between Ray and the front office, between Ray and Rondo. The writing was on the wall, people can choose to ignore it if they want but him leaving didn't come out of left field.

Nash
10-17-2013, 05:59 PM
and what was it that Sacramento offered the Celtics?
Whatever they would have offered KG would never allow it anyway.

Kevin_Garnett_5
10-17-2013, 06:08 PM
Pretty ignorant of Lebron to say that. Anyone who has even remotely followed the Nets/Celtic deal knows that neither KG or PP would have left Boston if it was 100% up to them, Danny made the decision to move on. The no-trade clause argument is pretty stupid too. Who wouldn't waive their no-trade clause when their General Manager made it clear he intended to trade you and rebuild from scratch?

BlackWhiteGreen
10-17-2013, 06:16 PM
Whatever they would have offered KG would never allow it anyway.

They had neither the assets nor the motivation to do a deal. The only other team that had the chance to make a deal like that was the Clippers (sunk by Stern) or possibly the Thunder. For every other team it would either have left them in mediocrity (eg Kings, Toronto), would make a contender worse in the long run (Indiana, Chicago) or they didn't have the assets (Miami, New York).

BlackWhiteGreen
10-17-2013, 06:21 PM
Well Ray Allen was better than some free agent off the street. It's my personal belief that they didn't expect him to re-sign, but that doesn't matter. I don't see the deal they offered Ray Allen as a bad one for either side. If he took the deal that probably makes the trade to Brooklyn an even sweeter deal for the Nets. I don't see it changing the course of their organization much either way, that Brooklyn trade happens whether Allen is on Boston or not, IMO.

But there was widely reported bad blood between Ray and the front office, between Ray and Rondo. The writing was on the wall, people can choose to ignore it if they want but him leaving didn't come out of left field.

So you're saying that if the Celtics had another mid level average SG this season they'd be a. good enough to contend or b. tank better? Unless the answer is certain to be one of those its a bad deal. Ainge wasnt looking to rebuild when he offered that deal to Ray, or the one to KG, or the ones to Lee, Bass, and Green.

So because he might leave, it makes it OK for him to go the their arch rivals, snub a much better offer to play with his current team and then whine and bitch about it? How was that ever going to end well?

aj1987
10-17-2013, 06:25 PM
And you got your first period in 06 when Wade wasn't a STD infected PED corpse who still had confidence in himself to be a winner w/ out riding Lebron....
LOL! You're so mad right now. I can honestly picture you crying and hitting your monitor and smashing your keyboard. :oldlol:

Kevin_Garnett_5
10-17-2013, 06:36 PM

Says who? You literally just made that up. It was never reported anywhere that KG wanted to go to LA.

niko
10-17-2013, 07:34 PM
Says who? You literally just made that up. It was never reported anywhere that KG wanted to go to LA.
Are you ****ing kidding? serious? The league blocking the trade, why do you think they were blocking it? Because it was a rumor? Just in case this scenario happens that has no chance at all, we want to issue an idict on it? Were you in a coma that week?

Doranku
10-17-2013, 07:36 PM
LeBron said something dumb to the media?!?!?!

http://stickerish.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/YouDontSayBlackSS.png

Kevin_Garnett_5
10-17-2013, 07:48 PM
Are you ****ing kidding? serious? The league blocking the trade, why do you think they were blocking it? Because it was a rumor? Just in case this scenario happens that has no chance at all, we want to issue an idict on it? Were you in a coma that week?
The league didn't "block" anything, the deal was never even close to being finalized. And again, where was it reported that KG wanted to leave for LA? Once again, you made it up. Danny and Doc were the one's facilitating the deal with the Clippers. If it was up to KG, Pierce, Doc and himself would be in Boston right now for one more run.

It's A VC3!!!
10-17-2013, 11:01 PM
KG on LeBron's comments that he and Pierce were hypocritical: "(LeBron) has nothing to do with #Celtics business. Next question.

BallsOut
10-17-2013, 11:20 PM
The only hypocrite here is Lebron. Dude dumped Cleveland on national TV and bailed first chance he got. :oldlol:

russwest0
10-17-2013, 11:33 PM
LeBron said something dumb to the media?!?!?!

http://stickerish.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/YouDontSayBlackSS.png

:lol :lol :lol

LeBron always be saying stupid shit. KG just said

Tell LeBron to worry about Miami. He has nothing to do with Celtic business.

:roll: :roll:

LeBron is probably shitting his pants. They have all the Heat destroyers. Jason Terry, KG, Pierce, etc

http://imgur.com/GLUchQ5.gif

All Net
10-18-2013, 12:48 AM
You can't be heat destroyers when they never beat them.. But your comment was because you are a troll so no surprise.

DaSeba5
10-18-2013, 12:50 AM
You can't be heat destroyers when they never beat them.. But your comment was because you are a troll so no surprise.

Most people are. I wish you guys had power to ban people.

All Net
10-18-2013, 12:56 AM
Most people are. I wish you guys had power to ban people.
Wish we did.. I have a list of who I would get rid of straight away.

russwest0
10-18-2013, 01:23 AM

Huh? Jet whooped LeBrons ass in 2011 and KG/Pierce routinely shit on LeBron causing him to team up with Wade and then the Celtics basically beat the Heat in 2012 but the refs had to step in and save Miamis ass from losing in 5

Inferno
10-18-2013, 01:24 AM
Wish we did.. I have a list of who I would get rid of straight away.

I thought Jeff was giving banning powers to a few mods?

All Net
10-18-2013, 01:34 AM
Huh? Jet whooped LeBrons ass in 2011 and KG/Pierce routinely shit on LeBron causing him to team up with Wade and then the Celtics basically beat the Heat in 2012 but the refs had to step in and save Miamis ass from losing in 5

Terry helped beat LeBron 2011..kg and Pierce beat LeBron cavs not the heat.. Please stop posting such crap in every post you make. Trolls with agenda are not needed on here.

ballup
10-18-2013, 02:06 AM
If you think about it, KG and Pierce gave Boston assets back by being traded. Ray didn't.

KG's actions were childish, but can't blame him if you know how he approaches the game. To him, any opponent is the enemy. It could also be a coverup for his feeling being hurt.

Pierce will be ready to forgive Allen in the future. Don't see why he should apologize.

Hittin_Shots
10-18-2013, 02:54 AM
I'd say their leaving showed loyalty to the team. They could have stayed retired and left Boston in a pretty bad position. But instead they got the team assets for the future

razzredazzre
10-18-2013, 02:57 AM

This. LBJ sometimes doesn't see the details.

RoseCity07
10-18-2013, 03:19 AM
People look for anything to hate on LeBron

niko
10-18-2013, 07:07 AM
I like how KG told Lebron to stay out of "Celtic Business". Um, KG - you're not a Celtic.

Real Men Wear Green
10-18-2013, 07:12 AM
I like how KG told Lebron to stay out of "Celtic Business". Um, KG - you're not a Celtic.
However his heart is still here. And moving on to James' nonexistent point:
"I left Boston?" Pierce said when asked of James' comments, clearly noting he had been dealt by the Celtics and didn't leave as a free agent.

niko
10-18-2013, 07:24 AM
However his heart is still here. And moving on to James' nonexistent point:
Nothing is ever going to take away Garnett's Celtic ties (like Kidd with the Nets) but he's NOT a Celtic and until that day comes when he can walk back in he should embrace his new team a bit more off the court too.

Trollsmasher
10-18-2013, 07:26 AM
However his heart is still here.
His fake heart or his true heart?

Real Men Wear Green
10-18-2013, 07:44 AM
Nothing is ever going to take away Garnett's Celtic ties (like Kidd with the Nets) but he's NOT a Celtic and until that day comes when he can walk back in he should embrace his new team a bit more off the court too.
He'll play hard for them and give them whatever he has just like he did for the Cs. But unless they are truly good enough to win a Championship it's never going to be like it was here in Boston in terms of emotional ties. That's just the reality, and what KG will give of himself on the court and as a team leader is more than 99% of the league so the Nets organization can and will just have to deal with it.

niko
10-18-2013, 08:15 AM
He'll play hard for them and give them whatever he has just like he did for the Cs. But unless they are truly good enough to win a Championship it's never going to be like it was here in Boston in terms of emotional ties. That's just the reality, and what KG will give of himself on the court and as a team leader is more than 99% of the league so the Nets organization can and will just have to deal with it.
It still sounds stupid when he talks about "Celtic business". You can feel as close as you like, he's not a Celtic right now. I really hope the Nets/Celtics games get nasty so everyone stops the touchy feely crap.

Real Men Wear Green
10-18-2013, 08:23 AM
It still sounds stupid when he talks about "Celtic business". You can feel as close as you like, he's not a Celtic right now. I really hope the Nets/Celtics games get nasty so everyone stops the touchy feely crap.
I don't get why you would even care, but whatever.

niko
10-18-2013, 08:28 AM
I don't get why you would even care, but whatever.
It doesn't cause me endless sleepless nights but Celtic fans rooting for a NY team and pretending it's their own is strange. I thought Sports was about repping your team. If we win, yah - if they win, yah. It removes a lot of the juice.

BlackWhiteGreen
10-18-2013, 08:59 AM
It doesn't cause me endless sleepless nights but Celtic fans rooting for a NY team and pretending it's their own is strange. I thought Sports was about repping your team. If we win, yah - if they win, yah. It removes a lot of the juice.

I can 100% guarantee that everyone on here has a team who theyd like to see win if their team can't. For me, yeah, it's the Nets for obvious reasons, but I'd still rather see the Rockets, Bulls or Spurs win instead of the Heat or OKC. That doesn't mean I want them to beat the Celtics... unless we're going full tank mode, in which case sure, whatever, us losing would be the best for the team. I just want what's best for my team.

niko
10-18-2013, 09:06 AM
I can 100% guarantee that everyone on here has a team who theyd like to see win if their team can't. For me, yeah, it's the Nets for obvious reasons, but I'd still rather see the Rockets, Bulls or Spurs win instead of the Heat or OKC. That doesn't mean I want them to beat the Celtics... unless we're going full tank mode, in which case sure, whatever, us losing would be the best for the team. I just want what's best for my team.
Garnett winning isn't best for Boston. The whole team blowing knees and Boston getting a very high pick is what would be best. Garnett winning a title would be worst. 100% the worst possible scenario.

poido123
10-18-2013, 09:56 AM

This post is spot on :applause:

LOL at these Heat fans proclaiming us to be salty and butthurt, get some new material guys, we are tired of your insecure fanbase :rolleyes:

guy
10-18-2013, 09:56 AM
Lebron's not very bright. Its clearly not the same thing.

nashwade
10-18-2013, 11:24 AM
while the situations are not exactly the same, all of Ray, Lebron, Pierce, Garnett left their shitty teams for greener pastures. What loyalty are we talking about exactly?

KG was the one who encouraged Dwight to leave the Magic to chase rings

Real Men Wear Green
10-18-2013, 11:45 AM
while the situations are not exactly the same, all of Ray, Lebron, Pierce, Garnett left their shitty teams for greener pastures. What loyalty are we talking about exactly?

KG was the one who encouraged Dwight to leave the Magic to chase ringsWhy are you posting this? The argument is over. There's no real point you have to make here, "the situations are not" the same at all.

tmacattack33
10-18-2013, 12:10 PM
MJ made a terrible comparison too, and there was no thread bashing him for it.

Lebron did not leave the Cavs to play for his rivals the Boston Celtics, as MJ implied when he said that he would never have joined Larry Bird or Magic Johnson.

Just goes to show you how biased some of you are.

Real Men Wear Green
10-18-2013, 12:28 PM
MJ made a terrible comparison too, and there was no thread bashing him for it.

Lebron did not leave the Cavs to play for his rivals the Boston Celtics, as MJ implied when he said that he would never have joined Larry Bird or Magic Johnson.

Just goes to show you how biased some of you are.
Of course. I'm a fan of KG and Pierce, not James, so I don't care much about MJ's disdain for him. That said, James would have to have taken MLE to come to Boston, it was never something that was considered by anyone. What Jordan criticized was James going to another top 5 player's team. A lot of people didn't like it because it showed that while James does want to win he's not the most competitive guy. A lot of people, myself included, believe the league would be better if James was battling Wade in playoff series than the two helping each other. I don't think it makes James a bad guy and the Cavs had no way of bringing in a second star for him in the foreseeable future but the league would have been better and what MJ said wasn't inaccurate.

niko
10-18-2013, 12:33 PM
Why are you posting this? The argument is over. There's no real point you have to make here, "the situations are not" the same at all.
You're still making up a list of rules. What Ray did is wrong and Garnett throwing him under the bus is ok. What Garnett did (accepting a trade he did not have to) is ok and Lebron is wrong. You're making rules on what is right and wrong. Everyone doesn't have to agree with you.

To me the person you can 100% say nothing about is Pierce, he was along for the ride. Garnett had total control and he waived it because it benefited himself. A no trade clause is a no trade clause, it allows you to choose where you leave and if you leave. He chose to leave.

Real Men Wear Green
10-18-2013, 12:36 PM
You're still making up a list of rules. What Ray did is wrong and Garnett throwing him under the bus is ok. What Garnett did (accepting a trade he did not have to) is ok and Lebron is wrong. You're making rules on what is right and wrong. Everyone doesn't have to agree with you.
And everyone doesn't have to be right either.

Goldrush25
10-18-2013, 12:41 PM
KG crying about this now? :oldlol:

That guy has female parts. Giving Ray Allen the silent treatment? LOL.

All of this talk is for the birds. It's not going to stop the Heat from pushing the Nets' shite in this season.

guy
10-18-2013, 01:26 PM

To me the person you can 100% say nothing about is Pierce, he was along for the ride. Garnett had total control and he waived it because it benefited himself. A no trade clause is a no trade clause, it allows you to choose where you leave and if you leave. He chose to leave.

He chose to leave when the Celtics were trying to push him out the door and he didn't go to a rival team. What kind of bitch stays somewhere they aren't wanted? I don't think anyone really cares that Ray left. Its that he left for Miami, the team that had beat them the previous 2 years, including a grueling 7 game series the previous year. It was an ultimate "can't beat em, join em" type move.

niko
10-18-2013, 02:12 PM
He chose to leave when the Celtics were trying to push him out the door and he didn't go to a rival team. What kind of bitch stays somewhere they aren't wanted? I don't think anyone really cares that Ray left. Its that he left for Miami, the team that had beat them the previous 2 years, including a grueling 7 game series the previous year. It was an ultimate "can't beat em, join em" type move.
Ray thought the Celtics didn't want him, left for a chance to win a title. Garnett was asked to leave, and left to win a title. It's different, but it's not wildly different. It hardly took the Nets much to get him to come.

niko
10-18-2013, 02:14 PM
And everyone doesn't have to be right either.

You don't get to pick who is and who isn't though.

I fully get the situations are not the same, and Ray is worse, no problem. But Garnett acted like a dick when Ray left. You act like a dick and it circles around. I get the feeling Garnett is supposed to be judged by different rules than everyone else because he's Garnett. If this was opposite it would be warrior Garnett calling out that hypocritical bitch Lebron.

Real Men Wear Green
10-18-2013, 02:23 PM
You don't get to pick who is and who isn't though.
Yes I do. If you care what I think that's your problem.

niko
10-18-2013, 02:33 PM
Yes I do. If you care what I think that's your problem.

Compelling argument. :lol

Jailblazers7
10-18-2013, 02:39 PM
I don't have a problem with what KG or Ray did but I think it is pretty funny to see Celtics fans try to justify one but not the other. Ray saw the writing on the wall and left. Just because he left in free agency doesn't mean it wasn't difficult for him personally to leave Boston.

Guess what...if Ray had returned he would probably be on the Nets right now too.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-18-2013, 02:41 PM
I don't have a problem with what KG or Ray did but I think it is pretty funny to see Celtics fans try to justify one but not the other. Ray saw the writing on the wall and left. Just because he left in free agency doesn't mean it wasn't difficult for him personally to leave Boston.

Guess what...if Ray had returned he would probably be on the Nets right now too.

Ray could have left anywhere. Signing w/ Miami, tho, or the "enemy" ... those guys took it as a sign of disrespect.

Jailblazers7
10-18-2013, 02:43 PM
Ray could have left anywhere. Signing w/ Miami, tho, or the "enemy" ... those guys took it as a sign of disrespect.

KG is now playing for a division rival and an instant title contender thanks to the trade...

People aren't mad at Ray...it is just residual hatred for Lebron being on the Heat.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-18-2013, 02:46 PM
KG is now playing for a division rival and an instant title contender thanks to the trade...

People aren't mad at Ray...it is just residual hatred for Lebron being on the Heat.

Brooklyn? Apples and oranges. Boston vs. Miami/LeBron are legit rivals, seemingly meeting every postseason.

niko
10-18-2013, 03:09 PM
The real thing here is Boston fans like Garnett more so what he did is ok.

Solefade
10-18-2013, 03:18 PM

Why aren't they just upfront about it then? They need to quit pretending like that was some ordinary trade and they were forced to Brooklyn.

Real Men Wear Green
10-18-2013, 03:29 PM
Compelling argument. :lol
Well it's the truth. When you write/whine, "You don't get to pick who is and who isn't" I'm pointing out the fact that we're all stating opinions, I have a right to mine, and if you don't like it, tough.

Where do I condemn Allen? I'm talking about why James' statement is wrong. That's not the same thing.
Why aren't they just upfront about it then? They need to quit pretending like that was some ordinary trade and they were forced to Brooklyn.
What is so hard for you to understand? Are you literate? They were traded, Pierce had no choice while KG could force a rebuilding team to keep him against their will and chose not to. This has been stated repeatedly. But you still can't seem to read it. This is officially your problem.

ballup
10-18-2013, 03:43 PM

The thing is, the Nets and Celtics didn't have beef with one another recently.

niko
10-18-2013, 03:45 PM
The thing is, the Nets and Celtics didn't have beef with one another recently.
Except the fight last year. Which was very entertaining.

I'd love to see the reaction after the Nets beat the Celtics 120-64 and Garnett (who can't help himself) is yelling and screaming and the fanbases call each other names the entire thread. I'm waiting for the perspective shift. No, i know Celtic fans will still love Garnett but if the Nets are sending pick 29 to the Celtics, the Celtics stink and the Net fans are reveling in it, i think the trade perspective is completely different.

ballup
10-18-2013, 03:51 PM
Except the fight last year.

The funny thing to me is how much the Celtic fans talk about they'd enjoy seeing Garnett win, which essentially would kill the pick they would receive which was the point of trading him, right?
You are looking at it too superficially. The picks won't be high, barring freak miracles, but in combination with other assets, th Celtics can move up higher or get another high pick in the draft.

guy
10-18-2013, 03:52 PM
Ray thought the Celtics didn't want him, left for a chance to win a title. Garnett was asked to leave, and left to win a title. It's different, but it's not wildly different. It hardly took the Nets much to get him to come.

Its a lot more different because he went to the Heat. Like I said, ultimate "can't beat em, join em" move. Had he went to another contender i.e. Pacers, Bulls, Thunder, Spurs, Clippers, Grizzlies, it would be a lot more understandable.

niko
10-18-2013, 04:01 PM
Its a lot more different because he went to the Heat. Like I said, ultimate "can't beat em, join em" move. Had he went to another contender i.e. Pacers, Bulls, Thunder, Spurs, Clippers, Grizzlies, it would be a lot more understandable.
As i said, i think what Ray did is clearly worse but Garnett's loyalty etc. goes out the window when he leaves to win a title and get paid more. I just didn't then or now see the need for Garnett to act like a child toward his ex teammates.

ballup
10-18-2013, 04:08 PM
It's dumb to say that by KG not using his no trade clause, his loyalty is not much more than Ray's. Sure KG could have stayed a Celtic, but he wouldn't be giving them any future assets by doing so. KG "decision" wasn't about his own good. It was about letting go and letting the Celtics mov on from him. Of coruse there was some selfishness in it as he didn't want to go to a crappy team of with which he wouldn't like playing. Ray's decision was some of family, but quite a bit more of sticking it to the Celtics.

guy
10-18-2013, 04:13 PM
As i said, i think what Ray did is clearly worse but Garnett's loyalty etc. goes out the window when he leaves to win a title and get paid more. I just didn't then or now see the need for Garnett to act like a child toward his ex teammates.

Huh? Paid more? He left because the Celtics didn't want him anymore. Even though he had a no trade clause, what kind of bitch stays around somewhere that he's not wanted anymore? Of course if he's going to leave, he's going to try and go somewhere where he could win.

Solefade
10-18-2013, 05:13 PM
Well it's the truth. When you write/whine, "You don't get to pick who is and who isn't" I'm pointing out the fact that we're all stating opinions, I have a right to mine, and if you don't like it, tough.
Where do I condemn Allen? I'm talking about why James' statement is wrong. That's not the same thing.
What is so hard for you to understand? Are you literate? They were traded, Pierce had no choice while KG could force a rebuilding team to keep him against their will and chose not to. This has been stated repeatedly. But you still can't seem to read it. This is officially your problem.

They decided where they wanted to go party because of PP and mostly because of KG. You're trying to explain to me like they had no choice. **** outta here man.

jimmy77x
10-18-2013, 05:20 PM
They decided where they wanted to go party because of PP and mostly because of KG. You're trying to explain to me like they had no choice. **** outta here man.

:lol this guy has the reading comprehension skills of a 10 year old.

KyleKong
10-18-2013, 05:27 PM
https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1395350_10151663517916006_706869311_n.jpg

CelticBaller
10-18-2013, 06:08 PM
Except the fight last year. Which was very entertaining.

I'd love to see the reaction after the Nets beat the Celtics 120-64 and Garnett (who can't help himself) is yelling and screaming and the fanbases call each other names the entire thread. I'm waiting for the perspective shift. No, i know Celtic fans will still love Garnett but if the Nets are sending pick 29 to the Celtics, the Celtics stink and the Net fans are reveling in it, i think the trade perspective is completely different.
Nothing will stop Celtics fans from liking PP and KG. Just stop it.

305Baller
10-18-2013, 06:09 PM
"ainge, stfu"
-Riley

ProfessorMurder
10-18-2013, 07:34 PM
Nothing will stop Celtics fans from liking PP and KG. Just stop it.

He just doesn't like KG. Nothing new.