PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Bargnani really turning into something special (this topic is from 2007)

dffsaf9
02-24-2007, 01:36 PM
although he has probably pretty much exceded most peoples expectations this year, Andrea Bargnani just continues to improve and i think he has really turned the corner. His shot selection is much improved and with the way he has been shooting recently, he really has the ability to stretch the defense. He seems to have really matured in the last couple of months; we hardly ever see him taking bad shots anymore and he seems to have really improved his ability to read the opponent's defense. When he drives to the hoop, it always seems like there is no stopping him. I don't think I've ever seen a 7 footer that is so very athletic.

Andrea Bargnani
February
27.8(MPG) 14.3(PPG) .506(FG%) .475(!)(3P%) .789(FT%)

Those percentages are sick and his quick release has the potential to be unstoppable. If you give Bargnani twenty shots a game, he's easily averaging 20PPG at this pace. I love Bosh but I think very soon Bargnani becomes our number one offensive player. If Bargnani works a little more on his defensive game and his rebounding, he easily becomes one of the best players in the league.

fatboy11
02-24-2007, 01:42 PM
Kid is the real deal.

Toronto is going to be a force. They just need some defense.

Younggrease
02-24-2007, 01:43 PM
Those percentages are sick and his quick release has the potential to be unstoppable. If you give Bargnani twenty shots a game, he's easily averaging 20PPG at this pace.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

if you get 20 shots a game and dont get 20 points something is terrible wrong.

I have been impressed with him but I dont see him taking Bosh's franchise player title anytime soon.

Skywalker
02-24-2007, 01:48 PM
Those percentages are sick and his quick release has the potential to be unstoppable. If you give Bargnani twenty shots a game, he's easily averaging 20PPG at this pace. I love Bosh but I think very soon Bargnani becomes our number one offensive player. If Bargnani works a little more on his defensive game and his rebounding, he easily becomes one of the best players in the league.

WTF! JUST STOP!

omg, that was ugly reading that, oh just STOP! pleeeeeease, no more typing, STOP!

If you give Bargnani twenty shots a game, he's easily averaging 20PPG at this pace

wtf? who isn't? Mark Madsen?

I love Bosh but I think very soon Bargnani becomes our number one offensive player

if by very soon you mean in 2 or 3 years, maybe, but for now I'll take Bosh's jumper, one on one moves, and post play over Bargnani's threes, and awkward drives.

If Bargnani works a little more on his defensive game and his rebounding, he easily becomes one of the best players in the league.

If Nash works a little more on his defence, he becomes one of the GOAT, your point?

that said, I love Bargnani and think he will be awesome, but hyping him now ruins it. Let it take it's course. get off his weiner for now.

GOBB
02-24-2007, 01:51 PM
Rebounding? Defense? Passing? :confusedshrug:

Guess those things are of no concern. Just as long as he lives on the perimeter and launches shots its ok. Kyle Korver does that.

Only thing I'll give the kid in the positivity department is i didnt expect him to produce like he has so far. I didnt expect Darko but i expected 7-8ppg, low %'s.

That said we saw Villy in Toronto. He was replaced with someone similar. I find that funny.

Zan Tabak
02-24-2007, 01:55 PM
I'd like to see him improve his rebounding and back to the basket offence..that being said..his shot selection has improved dramatically and his shot is impressive with his super fast release and good form very hard to stop..he also has a knack for blocking shots coming from the weak side to help...B.Roy looks like he's the front runner for rookie of the year..but there's no one I'd rather have then Bargnani in last years draft...I think he's going to be a top player in the league within the next 2-3 years..

fatboy11
02-24-2007, 01:56 PM
Bargnani blocks shots which is an element of defense.

He's having a better rookie season on a better team than Dirk Nowitzki. I think he has "for real" potential.

heavensdevil
02-24-2007, 01:58 PM
Villy is nothing like Bargnani.

Im not gonna sit here and talk about Andrea, cuz Raptors fans and ppl who have been watching him know, He is destined for Greatness.

Put the N1gga in the Hall of fame.

Also... His nickname should be "the HITMAN", cuz hes an Italian Shooter.:pimp:

Real Men Wear Green
02-24-2007, 01:59 PM
Bargnani blocks shots which is an element of defense.
0.8 blocks per game in 23.9 mpg. His shotblocking, for a seven-footer, is average at best.

pete's montreux
02-24-2007, 02:00 PM
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/ADVG/535~Homer-Simpson-Posters.jpg

heavensdevil
02-24-2007, 02:02 PM
Hes stepped up his D, His post D is pretty damn solid for a 21 year old rookie. He always bothers ppls shots inside. He needs to improve his perimeter D and play inside a lil more, his rebounds will improve just by being inside more.

and if u seen this guy play, His Shot is WET.

Dirk didnt say Andrea was better than him at that age for no reason.

FabCasablancas
It's great GMing.. people don't understand how great of a combo Bargnani and Bosh are..

You have the ideal combo of inside versus outside bigmen.. this chemistry will make them boh unguardable..

This is what I have been trying to tell other Mavs fans that Dirk has lacked his entire career..Dirk has never had ANY kind of offensive post player in his entire career.. becaus eof this Bargnani is going to look much much much better than Dirk did early in his career. It completely changes the way a tema has to defende Toronto's bigs..

Just look at the Mavs now.. team can put smaller defenders on Dirk and because the Mavs don't have any kind of post playe rother than Dirk it allows them to get away with it.. i the Mavs had built the team properly then teams wouldn't be able to defend Dirk this way because teams wouldn't be able to double Dirk on the post. If they did then the post player would have a field day when they double Dirk on the block.

Also.. teams can go small on the Mavs because they don't have a decent post player.. if the Mavs did have a decent post player and the opposing team tried to go small then Dirk AND the post player would destroy them offensively.. also.. when the post player is on the block Dirk would spread the floor for them compeltely so the post player would face no double teams..

This is the way Bosh and Bargnani complement each other.. neithe rof these players is as good as Dikr.. but playing together they might both end up looking better than Dirk..

fatboy11
0.8 blocks per game in 23.9 mpg. His shotblocking, for a seven-footer, is average at best.Average is a start.....

eboloid
02-24-2007, 02:06 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a 7 footer that is so very athletic.

Oh yeah?

http://www.operationgadget.com/images/kevin_garnett.jpg

MOTHA****A

Skywalker
02-24-2007, 02:07 PM
wow, Mavs fans always make sure to cover Dirk's a$$, f***.

Dirk is mentioned, I forget what was it?

"Dirk said Bargnani was better at that age"

and a Mavs fan comes in and write's a chapter book defending Dirk. WOW.

bballnoob
02-24-2007, 02:07 PM
I love his progress this year. At the start it was basically Bargs sitting behind the 3 point line and getting outrebounded constantly. Now you can see more of his offenisve package with some crazy passes and although his rebounding is still sub-par for a guy his size, it's dramatically improved from a few months ago.

joe lucky
02-24-2007, 02:08 PM
I'm pulling for Bargnani b/c the Raps have sucked for along time now. I'm starting to see the much hyped passing game starting to develop lately...I mean for a 7-foot rookie its actually pretty good.

kwajo
02-24-2007, 02:11 PM
Rebounding? Defense? Passing? :confusedshrug:

Passing? He has amazing court vision. Defense? He's surprisingly solid for a rookie, plays decent man-to-man, sub-par help defense. Rebounding? Atrocious for his height and build.

Tool
02-24-2007, 02:12 PM
I don't know if anyone has noticed, but in the last few games he has been improving with his rebounding. Yesterday in his first couple minutes he got couple rebounds and finished with 6, but anyways the man is for real, and no his name shouldn't be the hitman, il mago its 10 times better than that.

power works
02-24-2007, 02:15 PM
That said we saw Villy in Toronto. He was replaced with someone similar. I find that funny.

That trade filled a need, we got a front line point guard out of Villy.

bokes15
02-24-2007, 02:15 PM
I'm also surprised with his improvement, but i'd hold off on calling the guy the new face of the franchise, or even the future go-to guy. Bosh is still the anchor of the team, and he's only 22 years old so it's not as if he's hit his peak.

Zan Tabak
02-24-2007, 02:16 PM
I don't know if anyone has noticed, but in the last few games he has been improving with his rebounding. Yesterday in his first couple minutes he got couple rebounds and finished with 6, but anyways the man is for real, and no his name shouldn't be the hitman, il mago its 10 times better than that.

I've noticed..he's been more aggressive in the post making a real effort to grab boards..if he continues this he's just going to improve ..he's only 20 - 21 years old..wait till he's 25!!

GOBB
02-24-2007, 02:17 PM
Villy is nothing like Bargnani.

Im not gonna sit here and talk about Andrea, cuz Raptors fans and ppl who have been watching him know, He is destined for Greatness.

Put the N1gga in the Hall of fame.

Also... His nickname should be "the HITMAN", cuz hes an Italian Shooter.:pimp:

I'm glad you're not gonna sit here and talk because your nose is so far up the kids ass its disgusting. The same things were said about Villy. How he was a STEAL. How high he would have went if the draft was redone. How everyone who dissed him was wrong and looke like jackasses. Future All Star blah blah blah.

Villy is gone and now is the new kid on the block...oh oh oh ohhhhh oh the right stuff. Come on...and this isnt to say Bargs wont be any good. Just pointing out the inconsistentcy with SOME Raps fans when evaluating young talent. you tend to overdue it. Why cant fans give some real evaluations on the kid and stop hyping the kid up as a future star prematurely. :confusedshrug:

Real Men Wear Green
02-24-2007, 02:21 PM
I've noticed..he's been more aggressive in the post making a real effort to grab boards..if he continues this he's just going to improve ..he's only 20 - 21 years old..wait till he's 25!!
Yeah, he might average 4 rebounds per game. I can't wait.

GOBB
02-24-2007, 02:21 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/players/03/07/questions0313/t1_villanueva.jpg-"I was once the next best thing when i got there. Now? Its like i grew facial hair and no one recognizes."

bballnoob
02-24-2007, 02:23 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/players/03/07/questions0313/t1_villanueva.jpg-"I was once the next best thing when i got there. Now? Its like i grew facial hair and no one recognizes."

Lol so true though. But to be fair, I still think that barring injury and not moving out West, Charlie V could make and ASG or 2.

FabCasablancas
02-24-2007, 02:23 PM
wow, Mavs fans always make sure to cover Dirk's a$$, f***.

Dirk is mentioned, I forget what was it?

and a Mavs fan comes in and write's a chapter book defending Dirk. WOW.

What's your point?

Dirk's a$$ should be covered.. he neve rplayed wih a big as good as Bosh his entire career.. and the dynamic that creates is devastating.. I was saying it before they even palyed their first game together.. That GM is the only guy without his head up his arese in the NBA.. he knew what putting Nash with Amare and Marion would do.. as did I.. and he knew what putting Bosh with Bargnani would do..

Too bad Cuban can't figure any of this stuff out.. he should have hired him..

Real Men Wear Green
02-24-2007, 02:29 PM
"I was once the next best thing when i got there. Now? Its like i grew facial hair and no one recognizes."
The funny thing? Rookie Villanueva did much better than Bargnani has so far.

Qwyjibo
02-24-2007, 02:32 PM
I don't think that was the quote. Dirk said Bargnani is better at the time they came into the league but since Dirk was only 19, that's to be expected. At the same age, Dirk was still ahead of Bargnani.

As for Andrea so far, I like what I'm seeing. I mean it was still a weak draft but it's nice to see some star potential from him.

- His man to man D is solid but his help D is atrocious. Too many times he'll have his back turned while a guy is going in for a layup right behind him.

- His shooting stroke is great, a thing of beauty. The reason his %'s aren't too good is because his shot selection was terrible at the start but that has improved lately.

- Right now he's not really a main focus on the offense and thus the reason he's put at the 3pt line. Hopefully whoever coaches the team next year will work some plays for him closer to the basket.

- I don't really trust his ball handling skills that much right now. Even though it should be obvious, I think the concept of a 7 footer playing like a guard on the perimeter is silly. There is no way a guy like him can consistently drive to the basket and not get stripped/commit offensive fouls often.

Skywalker
02-24-2007, 02:37 PM
What's your point?

what's my point? my point is that this thread isn't about Dirk, so take your Dirk weiner massaging business elsewhere.

FabCasablancas
02-24-2007, 02:37 PM
I don't really trust his ball handling skills that much right now. Even though it should be obvious, I think the concept of a 7 footer playing like a guard on the perimeter is silly. There is no way a guy like him can consistently drive to the basket and not get stripped/commit offensive fouls often.

When you are 7 feet all you have to do is get by your man and it's 2 strides to the basket because their legs are so long..

Why do you think Dirk is always being guarded by 6'6 guys? If Dirk was being guarded by 7 footers he would literally get to the basket like Nash or Iverson..

And because of Bosh being a post player it will force teams to guard Bargnani wiht bigs rather than going small.. this is why Bargnani will be so good.

FabCasablancas
02-24-2007, 02:38 PM
what's my point? my point is that this thread isn't about Dirk, so take your Dirk weiner massaging business elsewhere.

So you have no point.. because Dirk is a very pertinent topic in a thread aobut bargnani.. you would have to be an idiot not to see that.. or a psycho.. you are probably both..

bballnoob
02-24-2007, 02:40 PM
Well at least he's driving. I don't want Matt Bonner back.

Real Men Wear Green
So you have no point.. because Dirk is a very pertinent topic in a thread aobut bargnani.. you would have to be an idiot not to see that.. or a psycho.. you are probably both..
Why hasn't TMOGE banned this guy yet?

Skywalker
And because of Bosh being a post player it will force teams to guard Bargnani wiht bigs rather than going small.. this is why Bargnani will be so good.

I've never heard anything so bogus in my life.

but you were not comparing Dirk to Bargnani, you were defending Dirk. If Dirk get's talked about in a negative way AT ALL, you're in there listing off his accolades and great attributes.

Gregsguys
02-24-2007, 02:52 PM
OK, back on topic....

Bargs has a great shot, learning the low post and makes so awesome passes..........his rebounding absolutely sucks and his D is still average at best. He and Bosh will make some huge match up problems in the future but unless Bargs learns to rebound they will get killed under the basket.

The thing that will make Bargs special is one of the intangibles. The dude gets psyched by NOTHING. He has ice in his veins. He is not intimidated by anyone or any situation. Perfectly comfortable taking the game winner at the buzzer. No fear. Not too many guys genuinely have this ability.

FabCasablancas
02-24-2007, 02:56 PM
I've never heard anything so bogus in my life.

You obviously don't understand basketball.. if you don't have 2 bigs in the game agaisnt 2 7 fotoers like Bargnani and Bosh they will destroy you on the boards and in the post.. WHEN they have both developed more..

In the Mavs case teams can afford to go small against the Mavs because there is no other bigman offensive threat on the Mavs and Dirk needs to be guarded by small players... so if you have to go big and have 2 bigs in the game.. if you don't then your only big.. let's say Duncan.. is forced to guard either Bargnani or Bosh.. Duncan would foul out by half time.. so because of this teams have to put 2 bigs in the game.. then that leaves Duncan on Bargnani OR Bosh.. Duncan doesn't foul out at half time but Bargnani has a field day driving on either of them..

but you were not comparing Dirk to Bargnani, you were defending Dirk. If Dirk get's talked about in a negative way AT ALL, you're in there listing off his accolades and great attributes.

I was pointing out how great their GM is and how great of a bigman tandem they have.. and pointing out how Bargnani is a product of that more than anything.. does that defend Dirk in the process? Yes.. but so what? What's your point? It doesn't make it any less true..

Sorry if the truth hurts for some reason... There's only one person I know so afraid of praising Dirk.. one psycho..

Skywalker
02-24-2007, 03:02 PM
You obviously don't understand basketball.. if you don't have 2 bigs in the game agaisnt 2 7 fotoers like Bargnani and Bosh they willd estry you on the boards and in the post.. WHEN they have both developed more..

a frontline of:

SF- Caron Butler
PF- Richard Jefferson
C- Boris Diaw

could defend Bosh and Bargs just as well as any two bigs

Tool
02-24-2007, 03:06 PM
To bad there not on the same team. Nice try though, plus we're going to sign G.Wall in the summer so haha to you.

Skywalker
02-24-2007, 03:07 PM
I'm a Raps fan you dumb tool.

and how are we going to sign Wallace? Raps fam is declining.

FabCasablancas
02-24-2007, 03:08 PM
Bargnani could easily post-up Jefferson and Butler.. A 7 footer will destroy those guys on the post.. as well as on the boards.. especially because they wouldn't be able to double team Bargnani because then Bosh drops the hammer on them..

This is the key.. this is why Dirk needs a post player and why he was able to be shutdown in the Finals.. if Dirk had a halfway decent post player teams wouldn't be able to double Dirk when a small defender is on him in the post..

This is WHY Bosh and Bargnani will be such a great tandem.. this is what Cuban desperately needs to figure out as a GM..

heavensdevil
Gobb, lets be real, u havent watched Bargnani play at all. Most uve seen has probably been NBA.com highlights which NEVER show love to Bargnani.

And straight up, Ima speak for myself and say that I liked Villa, but I never saw the potential in him than I see in bargnani. Despite Villa dropping 48 points...

Ive been to Live games, and seen almost every raptor game this year... Dude is the truth. No overhyping over here.

Sharas
a frontline of:

SF- Caron Butler
PF- Richard Jefferson
C- Boris Diaw

could defend Bosh and Bargs just as well as any two bigs

co-signed...and i'd say better rather than "as well as". bosh and bargnani aren't your typical bigs, bosh gets majority of his points facing the basket and especially does bargnani.

heavensdevil
02-24-2007, 03:10 PM
Bargnani has one of the prettiest and quickest releases as well, if not the Quickest. Hes Lights out.

FabCasablancas
02-24-2007, 03:13 PM
Someone's playing dirty pool... agreeing with their own posts... how lame.. I know someone who did the same and would laugh at all their own jokes........

Skywalker
02-24-2007, 03:17 PM
Someone's playing dirty pool... agreeing with their own posts... how lame.. I know someone who did the same and would laugh at all their own jokes........

me? when did I agree to my own post?

GOBB
02-24-2007, 03:38 PM
Gobb, lets be real, u havent watched Bargnani play at all. Most uve seen has probably been NBA.com highlights which NEVER show love to Bargnani.

And straight up, Ima speak for myself and say that I liked Villa, but I never saw the potential in him than I see in bargnani. Despite Villa dropping 48 points...

Ive been to Live games, and seen almost every raptor game this year... Dude is the truth. No overhyping over here.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/StrikSkillz/needmorepeople.jpg

Skywalker
02-24-2007, 03:39 PM
I feel the same way GOBB.

DeuceWallaces
02-24-2007, 03:58 PM
Raptor fans and Dirk gr0upies are unbearable.

Wow, ******** is censored.

GoRapz
02-24-2007, 04:07 PM
I'm a Raps fan you dumb tool.

and how are we going to sign Wallace? Raps fam is declining.

:roll:

FabCasablancas
02-24-2007, 04:14 PM
Raptor fans and Dirk gr0upies are unbearable.

Wow, ******** is censored.

Busted! "Shocker" and "Dirk group!es".. guess who..

StreetPharmacist
02-24-2007, 04:19 PM
Wow!!! Andrea ahead of Bosh??? Gimem a break..
Bosh is the real deal man.I wudn't trade Bosh for anything in the league.. nothing out there.. neither Bron nor Wade..and nor any player in their prime Kobe, Nash wateva.. Except for a game outta 10-15, Bosh is just unguardable.. unless you deny him the ball with the whole team working on it.. He's superquick for any PF to guard him one-on-one... unless it's a real bad shooting night and his shots are not dropping at all..which is again once in a moonlight thing. He brings it on every night.. absolutely hates to lose.. demands accounatability from his team-mates and will be right there up in the front when taking responsibility for a loss or a bad game. And injuries aside, everytime he's had a real poor game, he'll come up with a bang in the next one. And everytime the game's on teh line.. he steps up , whether it be taking the THE shot, or getting THE rebound.. or playing D against THE offensive possessions.. and absolutely hates to force things through.

And I haven't even got into intangibles yet... the guy has an amazing work eithic.. and is absolutely hungry (Mtchell as a mentor helps tho) to get better and better and improve his game rigourously. His graph has been scary. Also.. he's a great locker room presence.. and a totally unselfish player in every way you see it. One fine leader out there.

Bargnanai is over-rated and over-hyped in every possibel way you see it.Specially by the media in Toronto. He'll have the worst of games.. but will still make it on the highlight reel for something hardly hardly impressive. If he has had one rebound, one shot, one free throw.. or anything.. the guys at Sportsnet, TSN or theScore will put that one the highlight reel.
The guy's one huge problem on D.. when he's one the floor, it's his man who gets teh offensive rebounds.. it will be him who's supposed to switch but too late allowing some easy lay-up... or it's always coz of him whenever there's total total defensive breakdown.
And on the offensive end, even tho he's well equipped ... he uses it well below potential.. he's not quite a pass-friendly guy and certainly not a great at setting screens.. or selecting his shots well enough.. and boy is he a NUMBER's GUY or wat?

StreetPharmacist
02-24-2007, 04:22 PM
And honestly.. being better than Dirk in their respective first year DON't MEAN ANYTHING.

Dirk's 1st year was seen by many as a disapointment.. and there's a whole bunch of players out there who have had a more productive first year.. but that hardly means that all those players ended up becoming better than Dirk at the end of the day.

Damon Stoudimire was ROY in his first year..which emans he was better than all those players in the particular draft class... but has he ended up becoming a better player than all of them at this stage in his career??? Go check out the rets of teh names on that draft class.. some food for thought!!

knickscity
02-24-2007, 04:28 PM
Wow!!! Andrea ahead of Bosh??? Gimem a break..
Bosh is the real deal man.I wudn't trade Bosh for anything in the league.. nothing out there.. neither Bron nor Wade..and nor any player in their prime Kobe, Nash wateva.. Except for a game outta 10-15, Bosh is just unguardable.. unless you deny him the ball with the whole team working on it.. He's superquick for any PF to guard him one-on-one... unless it's a real bad shooting night and his shots are not dropping at all..which is again once in a moonlight thing. He brings it on every night.. absolutely hates to lose.. demands accounatability from his team-mates and will be right there up in the front when taking responsibility for a loss or a bad game. And injuries aside, everytime he's had a real poor game, he'll come up with a bang in the next one. And everytime the game's on teh line.. he steps up , whether it be taking the THE shot, or getting THE rebound.. or playing D against THE offensive possessions.. and absolutely hates to force things through.

And I haven't even got into intangibles yet... the guy has an amazing work eithic.. and is absolutely hungry (Mtchell as a mentor helps tho) to get better and better and improve his game rigourously. His graph has been scary. Also.. he's a great locker room presence.. and a totally unselfish player in every way you see it. One fine leader out there.

Bargnanai is over-rated and over-hyped in every possibel way you see it.Specially by the media in Toronto. He'll have the worst of games.. but will still make it on the highlight reel for something hardly hardly impressive. If he has had one rebound, one shot, one free throw.. or anything.. he'll make it to the highlight reel. The guy's one huge problem on D.. when he's one the floor, it's his man who gets teh offensive rebounds.. it will be him who's supposed to switch but too late allowing some easy lay-up... or it's always coz of him whenever there's total total defensive breakdown.
And on the offensive end, even tho he's well equipped ... he uses it well below potential.. he's not quite a pass-friendly guy and certainly not a great at setting screens.. or selecting his shots well enough.. and boy is he a NUMBER's GUY or wat?

1)Slow down son. That is a poor way of getting on Bosh's jock. He is a super player but unguardable? Come on.

2) Did you forget that Bargnani is a rookie and the top pick of the draft? He supposed to be watched, you do-do. I don't particularly care for the Raps although I wish them success, but Bargs is the truth. He is one of the few #1's who has actually been good in recent years. Defense is an acquired skill. While he may not be a great one on one defender, he can improve on help defense which is just as important.

bokes15
02-24-2007, 04:45 PM
1)Slow down son. That is a poor way of getting on Bosh's jock. He is a super player but unguardable? Come on.

2) Did you forget that Bargnani is a rookie and the top pick of the draft? He supposed to be watched, you do-do. I don't particularly care for the Raps although I wish them success, but Bargs is the truth. He is one of the few #1's who has actually been good in recent years. Defense is an acquired skill. While he may not be a great one on one defender, he can improve on help defense which is just as important.

co-sign
.. and as a disclaimer, i'm sure sometime in the future you'll used that overexaggerated previous statement to say that "all raptors fans are irrational"
remember, that was just ONE person who said that.

The Italian
02-24-2007, 05:11 PM
Bargnani should be a good player in the league, most likely he will make some ASG's but no way will he become better then Bosh. Bargnani will probaly become the best player of this draft class but that isn't really saying too much. Nobody should be saying that he is going to be taking Bosh's role as the franchise player and go to guy or anything like that. That is all bogus. Bargnani IMO will become an outstanding player but he will most likely never be on Bosh's level.

knickscity
02-24-2007, 05:11 PM
co-sign
.. and as a disclaimer, i'm sure sometime in the future you'll used that overexaggerated previous statement to say that "all raptors fans are irrational"
remember, that was just ONE person who said that.

No I won't. Posts from him are terrible no matter what the topic.

TheBigAristotle1
02-24-2007, 05:54 PM
Bargnani is a good player, but he isn't as young as people think. He's 21, which is young but basically equivalent of a guy who spent 2 years in college.

miles berg
02-24-2007, 06:07 PM
What's your point?

Dirk's a$$ should be covered.. he neve rplayed wih a big as good as Bosh his entire career.. and the dynamic that creates is devastating.. I was saying it before they even palyed their first game together.. That GM is the only guy without his head up his arese in the NBA.. he knew what putting Nash with Amare and Marion would do.. as did I.. and he knew what putting Bosh with Bargnani would do..

Too bad Cuban can't figure any of this stuff out.. he should have hired him..

Get your ass beat in less than 7 games in the Western Conference Finals two years in a row?

Hell, Dallas did that with the immortal Shawn Bradley playing C.

Cuban actually figured out how to get his team past the West playoffs and into the Finals. When is the last time Colangelo did that? Was he the one that traded for Charles Barkley or was that before his time?

As for Bargnani, he is damn solid, no doubt. Ford + Bargnani + Bosh will be a great trio for years to come. When they all develop, that will be a young core in the East that is comparable to the level of talent out West.

Colangelo is a great GM but stop downplaying what the Mavs have done. 53, 57, 60, 52, 58, 60, and now what appears to be atleast 65 wins for seven straight years, two WCFs, one Finals, and a better than 33% chance at getting to a 2nd Finals and getting that 1st ring. All the while he has managed to incorporate new blood (Josh, Harris) into the system while getting his payroll under control and managing to upgrade from an aging regular season coach to a young, fired up playoff leader in Avery Johnson.

Cuban knows what he is doing.

TheBigAristotle1
02-24-2007, 06:13 PM
Bargnani playing center is a waste. The guy is a mobile 225 lb powerforward, what since is it turning him into a slow 260 lb jumpshooter? Raptors will have to trade one of these guys in a few years. Probably Bargnani, since Bosh will always be considered the better player as long as they are in Toronto.

Tips4
02-24-2007, 06:20 PM
I remember one Raptor fan said that watching 4's and 5's trying to defend Bargnani is comical...well thats how it really is, they really cant stop him !! its funny watching them try.

Juvenile
02-24-2007, 06:29 PM
Would people please stop to quote FabCasablancas. I am enjoying him being on my ignore list and it is very painful to see any of his writing, even if it is being ripped apart by anybody challenging his stupidity. The picture of the retard kid running is really over-used, but in the end, that is what it is.

Thx in advance for ignoring him too.

Tips4
02-24-2007, 06:31 PM
I'm glad you're not gonna sit here and talk because your nose is so far up the kids ass its disgusting. The same things were said about Villy. How he was a STEAL. How high he would have went if the draft was redone. How everyone who dissed him was wrong and looke like jackasses. Future All Star blah blah blah.

Villy is gone and now is the new kid on the block...oh oh oh ohhhhh oh the right stuff. Come on...and this isnt to say Bargs wont be any good. Just pointing out the inconsistentcy with SOME Raps fans when evaluating young talent. you tend to overdue it. Why cant fans give some real evaluations on the kid and stop hyping the kid up as a future star prematurely. :confusedshrug:

Well if we (Raptor) fans said Villy is a potential Allstar !! Well Bargnani is a potential future MVP candidate.

TheBigAristotle1
02-24-2007, 06:35 PM
Villanueva and Bargnani were practically the same age their rookie years.

sydneyking
02-24-2007, 06:36 PM
I like Bargs and I think he's justified his number 1 pick status, albeit in a poor draft.

However, I still think there remains a question as to whether Toronto should have traded down for Brandon Roy. Roy paired with TJ Ford would be a smart, young backcourt with loads of potential.

FabCasablancas
02-24-2007, 06:48 PM
Would people please stop to quote FabCasablancas. I am enjoying him being on my ignore list and it is very painful to see any of his writing, even if it is being ripped apart by anybody challenging his stupidity. The picture of the retard kid running is really over-used, but in the end, that is what it is.

Thx in advance for ignoring him too.

Busted again...

2LeTTeRS KD
02-24-2007, 07:00 PM
although he has probably pretty much exceded most peoples expectations this year, Andrea Bargnani just continues to improve and i think he has really turned the corner. His shot selection is much improved and with the way he has been shooting recently, he really has the ability to stretch the defense. He seems to have really matured in the last couple of months; we hardly ever see him taking bad shots anymore and he seems to have really improved his ability to read the opponent's defense. When he drives to the hoop, it always seems like there is no stopping him. I don't think I've ever seen a 7 footer that is so very athletic.

Barganni is a nice player and I like his game and his shooting stroke but to see he's the most athletic 7 footer you've seen when a 7 footer on your team (Bosh) is more athletic is crazy.

I also think that for now thast a little misleading. His reputation is as a shooter and for the most part he's defended as such. The cushion you have to leave for him to respect his just gives him an advantage over the defender and makes them appear to slow to catch up, making him seem quicker.

FabCasablancas
02-24-2007, 07:03 PM
Get your ass beat in less than 7 games in the Western Conference Finals two years in a row?

Amare was injured and they still took the Mavs to 6 games.. what do you think is goign to ahppen this post season with Amare?

Cuban actually figured out how to get his team past the West playoffs and into the Finals. When is the last time Colangelo did that? Was he the one that traded for Charles Barkley or was that before his time?

Amare is still very young.. as is the entire Suns team other than Nash.. and by the time Nahs is older these uys will be peaking like Nash is now.. the only reaosn the mavs got to the finals was because of injuries to the suns and Spurs and we couldn't get by the only healthy decent tema we faced in the playoffs.. that's not going to happen unless Dikr is put ina possition where he can try to carry us.. with the way the roste ris built now all you have to do is put 2 guys on Dirk and dare the rest of the Mavs to beat you.. which isn't going to happen. The Finals proved that.

Colangelo is a great GM but stop downplaying what the Mavs have done. 53, 57, 60, 52, 58, 60, and now what appears to be atleast 65 wins for seven straight years, two WCFs, one Finals, and a better than 33% chance at getting to a 2nd Finals and getting that 1st ring.

You mean what Dirk has done inpsite of Cuban.. Cuban lost Nash and Nellie.. the only other good things about the franchise besides Dirk..

All the while he has managed to incorporate new blood (Josh, Harris) into the system

Yeah.. Harris is an incredible point guard.. haha And Josh is decent but he's nowhere near a true all-star.. if he was people would be saying he was out MVP not Dirk.. that's how you can tell he's a pretty mediocre player.. we wil see if he steps up in the playoffs.. Eveyrone acts liek Dirk failed in the playoffs.. the guys who choked were Josh, Terry.. Harris.. Dmapier, Diop.. all these guys were missing wide open shots created by Dirk..

while getting his payroll under control

The payroll he screwed up..

and managing to upgrade from an aging regular season coach to a young, fired up playoff leader in Avery Johnson.

The leader who gets out-coached by everyone not named Popovich? Avery Johnson is the most overrated coach ever..he gets all the credit for what dirk does and gets no blame for his own inpetitude.. Just wait to we get bumped in the firs ttor second round this seaosn again and Avery will throw Dirk under the bus again..

Cuban knows what he is doing.

Cuban is just extremely lucky to have the worst h0mer fans in existence..they will keep quiet as long as he keeps throwing money around.. I guess Jerry Jones broke them in well..

But pelase.. let's quit wiht the Cuban talk now.. this isn't a Cuban thread.. i was merely pointing out how great Colangelo is in comparison to Cuban's ineptitude..

Bourne
02-24-2007, 07:05 PM
I like Bargs and I think he's justified his number 1 pick status, albeit in a poor draft.

However, I still think there remains a question as to whether Toronto should have traded down for Brandon Roy. Roy paired with TJ Ford would be a smart, young backcourt with loads of potential.

I don't think they could have. You'd have to trade down only a few spots, and teams there possibly thought they'd get who they coveted at their current spots, or if they really didnt want a single player, a good player would still come.

ZHAKIDD532
02-24-2007, 07:05 PM
He'll be an all-star down the road, especially with the shots he'll get playing with Bosh and whoever Colagnelo conjures up. He was definitly the right pick at the top of the draft for the team.

Skywalker
02-24-2007, 07:07 PM
Colangelo should trade Bargnani and Ford for the first pick this year. Oden and Bosh *drools*

A Roc 23
02-24-2007, 07:36 PM

The Mavericks never did that, they were never consistent enough with the roster to make it twice in a row.

i seen hippos
02-24-2007, 07:40 PM
Colangelo should trade Bargnani and Ford for the first pick this year. Oden and Bosh *drools*

Hells no.

And LOL at Gobb asking if Bargs can pass.

Skywalker
02-24-2007, 07:44 PM
Hells no.

when it comes down to it, neither Bosh or Bargnani can play center on a team that wants to chase a championship. And neither can guard small forwards. and neither will be willing to come off the bench when they could be franchise players, or close to it (in Bargnani's case), somewhere else. Sooner or later, something needs to be done realistically, and most scenarios, IMO, have to involve getting rid of one. It sucks, and I hate to say it, but it's true. Especially sucks since they are already growing as a team. But honestly, wtf can they do? Try playing them at 4 and 5? I dont see it.

i seen hippos
02-24-2007, 07:45 PM
Bargs can play at the 5 imo. He'll end up being at least 255 lb.

2LeTTeRS KD
02-24-2007, 07:47 PM
when it comes down to it, neither Bosh or Bargnani can play center on a team that wants to chase a championship. And neither can guard small forwards. and neither will be willing to come off the bench when they could be franchise players, or close to it (in Bargnani's case), somewhere else. Sooner or later, something needs to be done realistically, and most scenarios, IMO, have to involve getting rid of one. It sucks, and I hate to say it, but it's true. Especially sucks since they are already growing as a team. But honestly, wtf can they do? Try playing them at 4 and 5? I dont see it.

Nah I dont think so with the way the league seems on a running team they could man the 4-5 positions. As long as they don't try to to become a slow it down squad and if Bargs can become a little bit better rebounder they'll be ok.

johndeeregreen
02-24-2007, 07:48 PM
The Celtics reject your offer.

GOBB
02-24-2007, 08:37 PM

:oldlol: Get real. Why do you think he can play the 5? Guy's a perimeter player. Thats his comfort zone but when we talk defense he is no 5. Rae Lafrentz he is not defensively and rebounding wise. No hate, but it is what it is. You were wrong about Villy, you'll be wrong here.

GOBB
02-24-2007, 08:37 PM
Nah I dont think so with the way the league seems on a running team they could man the 4-5 positions. As long as they don't try to to become a slow it down squad and if Bargs can become a little bit better rebounder they'll be ok.

It didnt work with Villy. Why would it for Bargs?

kwajo
02-24-2007, 08:52 PM
isn't he 245 right now? 10 pounds isn't asking much

Darsh
02-24-2007, 09:03 PM
isn't he 245 right now? 10 pounds isn't asking much

hes 225 right now

EDIT: Actually, i may be wrong. Yahoo says he's 225, but so does nbadraft.net so its probably outdated.

NBA.com and wikipedia both have him listed at 250.

kwajo
02-24-2007, 09:07 PM
that's just what his old profile says (the one taht has him at 6-10 225lbs), if you check the updated NBA.com one, it says he's 7-0 250lbs

Darsh
02-24-2007, 09:08 PM
that's just what his old profile says (the one taht has him at 6-10 225lbs), if you check the updated NBA.com one, it says he's 7-0 250lbs

yeah i edited that just as you posted it, haha.

i seen hippos
02-24-2007, 09:10 PM
Well then maybe 260 at least.

And Gobb, Bargs hasn't shot one three pointer I believe tonight. Every time he gets the ball in the half court it's with his back to the basket and he's shooting baby hooks.

Tips4
02-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Bargnani responding to rebounding issue, 6 rebounds in the first half.

Skywalker
02-24-2007, 09:13 PM
I think he's shot two already hippos. And only reason he's in the post is because retarded Bobcats are throwin Carroll, Felton, and McGinnis on him.

i seen hippos
02-24-2007, 09:15 PM
The point is he does play down low and it's up to his teammates to reward him for it.

And if he shot two it was early on. For a long stretch up until the half he planted himself down low.

LakersDynasty
02-24-2007, 09:23 PM
Well if we (Raptor) fans said Villy is a potential Allstar !! Well Bargnani is a potential future MVP candidate.
:roll: Some raptor fans are just comical.

Real Men Wear Green
02-24-2007, 09:25 PM
The problem with Bargnani playing center isn't his weight, it's his mentality. It's related to his poor rebounding. Right now, he plays the game like a shooting guard; he's got Mark Blount disease. If he ever develops a more rugged approach to the game, playing tough in the paint and going after rebounds with desire he could be a good center. But if his approach to the game never changes then he's not going to justify his #1 pick status.

Real Men Wear Green
02-24-2007, 09:28 PM
Bargnani responding to rebounding issue, 6 rebounds in the first half.
Just a week ago on Valentines Day he had none and prior to tonight he's had 3 offensive rebounds this entire month, the same month that has so many of you Raptor fans crowing. One game isn't going to prove anything.

The Italian
02-24-2007, 09:34 PM
Just a week ago on Valentines Day he had none and prior to tonight he's had 3 offensive rebounds this entire month, the same month that has so many of you Raptor fans crowing. One game isn't going to prove anything.

I agree with you. It will take more then 1 good rebounding game to impress me.

Tips4
02-24-2007, 10:37 PM
I agree with you. It will take more then 1 good rebounding game to impress me.

just pointing it out not saying he is a rebounder. He is showing the potential to be a decent rebounder though. i know everyone is tired of the P word.

GOBB
02-24-2007, 11:25 PM
Anyone remember when Curry put together a string of double digit rebounding games? Just saying.

One of Shemps Kids
02-24-2007, 11:32 PM
Anyone remember when Curry put together a string of double digit rebounding games? Just saying.

Eddy Curry is a 6th year player. Bargnani is a rookie.

Kobe4life
02-25-2007, 12:00 AM
colangelo is a very good GM

2LeTTeRS KD
02-25-2007, 12:11 AM
It didnt work with Villy. Why would it for Bargs?

They didn't give it time to work with Villy, and Barganni has the potential to be a better defender. I'm not saying I expect them to be set to man the post by themselves this year, but given a few years if they put in some work in the weightroom they'll be ok.

djsupreme33
02-25-2007, 12:45 AM
Bosh in unguardable. Did you happen to see the game just tonight when Okafor basically rendered him useless. No help, no double teams just straight up defense. Okafor went out with an injury and Bosh scored all of his points. Unguardable...yeah right

Pistol Pete
02-25-2007, 01:25 AM
Bosh in unguardable. Did you happen to see the game just tonight when Okafor basically rendered him useless. No help, no double teams just straight up defense. Okafor went out with an injury and Bosh scored all of his points. Unguardable...yeah right

Bosh barely played in the first half. Okafor did a very nice job on him and made it hard, but don't act as if he shut him down for an entire game. Bosh sat out the entire 2nd quarter because of foul trouble and Mitchell's decision. He had 24 points and 9 rebounds in the second half, if you think Okafor would have negated all of that, you are simply mistaken. Chris Bosh would still get the majority of his, whether or not Okafor is out there doesn't matter.

Tips4
02-25-2007, 01:41 AM
Bosh barely played in the first half. Okafor did a very nice job on him and made it hard, but don't act as if he shut him down for an entire game. Bosh sat out the entire 2nd quarter because of foul trouble and Mitchell's decision. He had 24 points and 9 rebounds in the second half, if you think Okafor would have negated all of that, you are simply mistaken. Chris Bosh would still get the majority of his, whether or not Okafor is out there doesn't matter.

Actually Bosh missed mostly open shots in the 1st quarter, Most of the times Okafor wasnt even close to him.

Gregsguys
02-25-2007, 03:32 PM
So I am thinking the game versus the bobpussies at least answered the dilemna over whether TO should have selected Morrison. Despite the pts in the game Bargs showed how truly superior he was to AM. It may not be saying much but it'll shut a few AM fans mouths.

GOBB
02-25-2007, 03:39 PM
Eddy Curry is a 6th year player. Bargnani is a rookie.

Means nothing.

Gregsguys
02-25-2007, 03:42 PM
Means nothing.

True, lets vote Eddy Curry for ROY!!!:roll:

2LeTTeRS KD
02-25-2007, 03:57 PM

Unguardable might be going to far but the man is simply too good to just be erased from a game. Okafor did great as I said both in man D and in clogging up driving lanes but Bosh would have at least gotten into double figures even with a healthy Meka.

GOBB
02-25-2007, 04:02 PM
True, lets vote Eddy Curry for ROY!!!:roll:

I'm lost at your reply and schoolgirl laughter.

Since points escape people on this board. Here is one...just because a player strings along something where its uncharacteristic of what they have consistently done. It doesnt mean that string will automatically change and take over.

If a player isnt much of a score but avg 20ppg the last 3gms...it doesnt mean that player goes from "mediocre scorer" to "Good scorer". Can Bargs improve rebounding in the next few years? Yes. But as of today and for this season he wont improve his rebounding over night based on 1 game where he grabs boards during a topic made that had replies saying otherwise (about his rebounding ability).

Edy was used because since he has been in the league he has always had this moments where he did what people said he wasnt that great/good at. And some joker runs in and posts his game streak and laughs. But that joke dissappears like the rebounding numbers they once posted.

brwnman
02-25-2007, 04:15 PM
Means nothing.

actually, it does mean something, and I actually got what he was trying to point out there... he's basically saying, that you gotta let a player learn over time and develop rebounding skills, Eddy has had time to prove his worth as a rebounder and while he still can improve on rebounding, he's still in his 6th year, while Bargnani is in his rookie year...

b4ball
03-01-2007, 12:51 PM
I believe Bargnani will be something special. All you have to do is look at his development. The Raps coaching staff have done a great job in showing him what he needs to develop to become one of the game's greats. Remember that last year in Italy he was a second string centre at the beginning of the season and finished the season as the starting centre on the championship winning team. Yes we have all seen that he can sit on the perimiter and shoot bombs. But he is expanding his game. Let's look at what we have seen from him.

Shooting from outside the arc is now a no brainer, A+.

Passing ability you have to give him a B+, remember that no look pass to Bosh, that can't be taught, you either have it or you don't.

Now let's look at his post up game, still a C-, but that's up from a D. He's playing stronger in the post, getting better position before he demands the ball and turn straight up to the basket. Last night versus the Rockets he had a beautifull turn around jumper from the post, no hesitation and no dought. Again very nice play.

Rebounding, up from a D to a C+. When Sam Mitchell asks him to get some rebounds against somebody he should be taking them away from he has. Still lot's of work to do but you can see some improvements.

Defense, B-, and that's up from a D-. He changes opponents shots that you don't see in the stats. He doubles up beautifully on the perimiter and has that lenght that makes opposing passes a lot more dificult to make.

All in all, I think Mr. Bargnani is without a dought a concensus # 1 draft pick in most years. Can he play the five, yes he can. And a five that can pull the opposing centres away from the basket once we get that small forward slasher will be worth gold. And look at the centres coming out. Okafor, Howard, Oden, Kaman, Nobody has the raw talent that Bargnani has. Many have size and rebounding but watch there numbers drop when Bargs pulls them away from the basket with his deadly shooting and open up the middle for Bosh and a slasher to play.

Bargs has proven to be a very quick learner, and with the skills he has displayed so far you have to think he will be a dominant player withing a couple of years. A dominant and overwhelming player that will take the Raps, with Bosh and I prefer Calderon over TJ, but either one of them with a true slasher to the top of the league very soon.

Diesel J
03-21-2008, 10:45 PM

Andrea Bargnani
February

that post still cracks me up:oldlol:

v-unit
03-21-2008, 11:29 PM
I can't wait for his high potential to be traded for some decent big man like Okafor or Oden or something.

v-unit
03-21-2008, 11:35 PM
I believe Bargnani will be something special. All you have to do is look at his development. The Raps coaching staff have done a great job in showing him what he needs to develop to become one of the game's greats. Remember that last year in Italy he was a second string centre at the beginning of the season and finished the season as the starting centre on the championship winning team. Yes we have all seen that he can sit on the perimiter and shoot bombs. But he is expanding his game. Let's look at what we have seen from him.

Shooting from outside the arc is now a no brainer, A+.

Passing ability you have to give him a B+, remember that no look pass to Bosh, that can't be taught, you either have it or you don't.

Now let's look at his post up game, still a C-, but that's up from a D. He's playing stronger in the post, getting better position before he demands the ball and turn straight up to the basket. Last night versus the Rockets he had a beautifull turn around jumper from the post, no hesitation and no dought. Again very nice play.

Rebounding, up from a D to a C+. When Sam Mitchell asks him to get some rebounds against somebody he should be taking them away from he has. Still lot's of work to do but you can see some improvements.

Defense, B-, and that's up from a D-. He changes opponents shots that you don't see in the stats. He doubles up beautifully on the perimiter and has that lenght that makes opposing passes a lot more dificult to make.

All in all, I think Mr. Bargnani is without a dought a concensus # 1 draft pick in most years. Can he play the five, yes he can. And a five that can pull the opposing centres away from the basket once we get that small forward slasher will be worth gold. And look at the centres coming out. Okafor, Howard, Oden, Kaman, Nobody has the raw talent that Bargnani has. Many have size and rebounding but watch there numbers drop when Bargs pulls them away from the basket with his deadly shooting and open up the middle for Bosh and a slasher to play.

Bargs has proven to be a very quick learner, and with the skills he has displayed so far you have to think he will be a dominant player withing a couple of years. A dominant and overwhelming player that will take the Raps, with Bosh and I prefer Calderon over TJ, but either one of them with a true slasher to the top of the league very soon.

Where is the picture of you giving Bargnani a foot rub for your avatar? Your grading him so absurdly that its unbelievable. "A+ no brainer", please, he is no where near that level, and if anything should be a B at most. Passing, "Oh look at that no look pass he did that one time to Bosh" Yeah sick, now you boost his grade just because of that pass? Wow...

Then you give him yeah improved from D to B or whatever and in the end you say

^ IS rediculous, and then you say " Bargs has proven to be a very quick learner." Hahaha, are you kidding me, he is taking way to long to develope into a regular bad pick. Now he has improved into a garbage first pick, it will take him a while to go into the "Bad first pick" stage.

jaydacris
03-21-2008, 11:37 PM
bargnani turns into something special 1 game out of every 10 games. the other 9 games he plays like hes the other kind of special

v-unit
03-21-2008, 11:43 PM
^ Well said.

NBA TV, everymorning, as I eat my breakfast I look at the Raps boxscore. They lose by one, Bargnani shoots 1-9, 0-5 threes, 2 rebounds (They just fell in his hands luckily) and 30+ minutes.

NY Comeback
03-22-2008, 12:36 AM
bargnani turns into something special 1 game out of every 10 games. the other 9 games he plays like hes the other kind of special

bomber
03-22-2008, 12:48 AM
Right on cue he goes 0-5 in 15 minutes? Did he get hurt?

Diesel J
03-22-2008, 01:14 AM

:oldlol:

El Kabong
03-22-2008, 01:23 AM
In NBA2k8, I traded Michael Doleac for Bargnani, straight up. I thought it was a fairly good deal.

baseketball4life
03-22-2008, 02:09 AM

Andrea Bargnani
February

man the most wishful thinking you can have about Bargnani.. overtaking Bosh? lol?

it was just an extended hot streak for him.. hes a roller coaster

Qwyjibo
03-22-2008, 02:10 AM
:ohwell:

PacerRaptor
03-22-2008, 02:14 AM
hes too inconsistent. He really hasnt done anything to impress me. Look at today against the Cavs, in 17 mins he score 0 points and pulled down 1 reb (this is coming from a 7 footer)... :violin:

Pistol Pete
03-22-2008, 02:29 AM
I hope someone bites on his potential tag, I see absolutely no future for him in Toronto, he has regressed heavily this year after a very solid rookie campaign. He has the talent, athleticism and ability, but he just doesn't put it together. With him playing pro in Europe, he's not just someone who needs more time, I honestly don't think it will ever come.

The Italian
03-22-2008, 03:18 AM
Bargnani should be a good player in the league, most likely he will make some ASG's but no way will he become better then Bosh. Bargnani will probaly become the best player of this draft class but that isn't really saying too much. Nobody should be saying that he is going to be taking Bosh's role as the franchise player and go to guy or anything like that. That is all bogus. Bargnani IMO will become an outstanding player but he will most likely never be on Bosh's level.
Wow, I couldn't have been further off from the truth. What the hell were we thinking in this thread lol?

Pistol Pete
03-22-2008, 03:27 AM
Wow, I couldn't have been further off from the truth. What the hell were we thinking in this thread lol?

He played extremely well last year after he came in with zero expectations to contribute for us. Toronto as a team was much better, and he was contributing so everyone looks great, including him. This year, he hasn't played up to that level and after everyone was expecting this huge elevation in his game, he is seen as a terrible bust (which in my opinion, is valid on some sort of level).

It's all about the expectations, he comes and we expect no immediate impact from him, he gives us great minutes and we see some great development, everyone is excited that he's going to be the next big thing (refer to this thread for example).

Toronto is very solid, and he comes into this season with huge expectations, he struggles more so then last year, Toronto is solid but he's not contributing anything as key member of the team, with the raised expectations, people quickly sour and he gets labelled as a bust very fast.

It changes very fast, I'm hopeful he'll turn it around, or that Colangelo is ready to fleece someone on a trade for him.

The Italian
03-22-2008, 03:35 AM
He played extremely well last year after he came in with zero expectations to contribute for us. Toronto as a team was much better, and he was contributing so everyone looks great, including him. This year, he hasn't played up to that level and after everyone was expecting this huge elevation in his game, he is seen as a terrible bust (which in my opinion, is valid on some sort of level).

It's all about the expectations, he comes and we expect no immediate impact from him, he gives us great minutes and we see some great development, everyone is excited that he's going to be the next big thing (refer to this thread for example).

Toronto is very solid, and he comes into this season with huge expectations, he struggles more so then last year, Toronto is solid but he's not contributing anything as key member of the team, with the raised expectations, people quickly sour and he gets labelled as a bust very fast.

It changes very fast, I'm hopeful he'll turn it around, or that Colangelo is ready to fleece someone on a trade for him.
No I know and I agree with pretty much everything you just said. That comment was more off a general statement about how much his game has regressed and how quickly we have hopped off the bandwagon so to speak.

Real Men Wear Green
03-22-2008, 09:34 AM
Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but for myself, I think I've given a fair estimation of Bargnani's abilities and potential.

tontoz
03-22-2008, 10:18 AM
It's great GMing.. people don't understand how great of a combo Bargnani and Bosh are..

You have the ideal combo of inside versus outside bigmen.. this chemistry will make them boh unguardable..

This is the way Bosh and Bargnani complement each other.. neithe rof these players is as good as Dikr.. but playing together they might both end up looking better than Dirk..

2LeTTeRS KD
03-22-2008, 10:38 AM
I didn't even think I was that high on him at the time and I still overrate him. I thought he could/would be the type to give you a solid 17 and 8 every night. Didn't buy in to him being an excellent athlete but thought he was pretty good, basically being a little bigger Hedo Turkoglu. Right now? Not looking so good, but he could still end up being a Hedo-type if he works at it, just don't thinkg it will be in Toronto.

danumber88
03-22-2008, 11:46 AM
I think hes a good player, but not a good fit for the raptors.. hed be good for like Mavericks or Cavaliers

Real Men Wear Green
03-22-2008, 12:29 PM
I think hes a good player, but not a good fit for the raptors.. hed be good for like Mavericks or Cavaliers
Why would the Mavs want an even softer, less-talented version of Nowitzki?

20 Dimes A Game
03-22-2008, 12:30 PM
Kid is the real deal.

Toronto is going to be a force. They just need some defense.

Ain't gonna happen.

R.I.P.
03-22-2008, 03:20 PM
Bargnani was really strong in the summer for Italy, I really thought he

The Italian
03-22-2008, 03:44 PM
Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but for myself, I think I've given a fair estimation of Bargnani's abilities and potential.
Yeah yours was pretty fair and accurate.

The "we" comment was mainly directed at all of the Raptor fans that had posted in this thread.

Diesel J
04-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Watching him,I noticed that he can put the ball on the floor and go to the hoop with ease but he almost never finishes:oldlol:

Diesel J
04-28-2008, 10:17 PM
......:d

Qwyjibo
04-28-2008, 10:24 PM
Andrea Bargnani's playoff line (5 games) in roughly 20:45 minutes per game:

6.4 ppg
1.4 rpg
0.4 apg
0.6 bpg

33% FG
25% 3pt

Good God...

Kujo
04-28-2008, 10:28 PM
Andrea Bargnani's playoff line (5 games) in roughly 20:45 minutes per game:

6.4 ppg
1.4 rpg
0.4 apg
0.6 bpg

33% FG
25% 3pt

Good God...

Absolutely pathetic. I just don't see this kid getting any better. Raps need to seriously consider trading him, but I doubt it will happen. He's BC first ever draft pick as the Raptors GM, and he's likely going to use all 4 years. :(

If BC is the genius everyone makes him out to be, who'll do what's best for the team, and that means getting rid Bargnani.

dak121
04-28-2008, 10:32 PM
7 rebounds in 104 minutes. Not to mention a total of 2 free-throw attempts.

The guy is 7 feet tall. Soft is an understatement.

hito da god
04-28-2008, 10:45 PM
among the worst #1 picks ever... four points and one board for a 7-footer in an elimination game? smh

Pistol Pete
04-28-2008, 10:47 PM
He sucks, he went all Darko Milicic all on our ass, where's our mid first rounder for him?

RaininThrees
04-28-2008, 11:07 PM
He sucks, he went all Darko Milicic all on our ass, where's our mid first rounder for him?

I have a thoery about Andrea's bad year... I think he started the year burned out, and never recovered. Last year, he payed more basketball than he ever has in his life, then went right back to Europe and played for Italy to help them try and qualify for the Olympics, and then right back to the Raps to start the year. Very little rest for the big man in the off season... I think he started the year tired, developed bad habits, that were never coached out of him. I think this can be seen in his jumper this year, which lost a lot of its lift from last year (he seems to be shooting all arms, very little from the lower body). I think coaching has a lot to do with it, and the fact that Mitchell didn't physically speak to Andrea for three weeks doesn't help a second year player who's lost some of his confidence. There's also some talk of an Achilles problem (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080422.WBwbbasketball20080422122649/WBStory/WBwbbasketball/).

He'll spend the summer with the Raptors' coach John Lucas (who helped Ford's game). If he hasn't worked it out by the middle of next year, I think at that point we can all declare he's a bust, but I'm willing to give him until the middle of next year.

Oh, how we long for plays like this to come back...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7dey9BTPOA

Lebron23
02-19-2020, 10:56 AM
He would be a solid player in this era. A Center who was a good shooter from the outside.

chains5000
02-19-2020, 11:04 AM
He would be a solid player in this era. A Center who was a good shooter from the outside.
He'd be a mediocre player, no matter the era.
Think of Jabari Parker's situation, but worse.

superduper
02-19-2020, 11:29 AM

I have no doubt Bargnani would be good in this watered down Fisher Price era considering he was a Fisher Price type of player himself.

Good bump though, gave me a laugh :oldlol:

Real Men Wear Green
02-19-2020, 11:49 AM
I had forgotten about this guy entirely. Still not a believer.

AirFederer
02-19-2020, 12:11 PM
Still a small sample size

Haymaker
02-19-2020, 02:16 PM
Agree with this. He played in the wrong decade.

red1
02-19-2020, 03:46 PM
I'm still salty about wasting a number one pick on bargnani.

I hated him as a raptor. I wish him all the best in life he has it all 7-footer good looks, good for him the man is winning.

SouBeachTalents
02-19-2020, 03:56 PM
I'm still salty about wasting a number one pick on bargnani.

I hated him as a raptor. I wish him all the best in life he has it all 7-footer good looks, good for him the man is winning.
Only consolation is that was a pretty weak draft. Only real franchise player was Roy who barely had a career

red1
02-19-2020, 04:00 PM
Only consolation is that was a pretty weak draft. Only real franchise player was Roy who barely had a career

I love brandon roy - you're right that may have been more heartbreaking :cry:

poor portland - roy, oden + bowie - they've had some rotten luck with the draft :biggums:

JohnnySic
02-19-2020, 04:41 PM
Not his fault that the Raptors took him #1. If he was drafted a few spots lower, as he should have been, he would have avoided the bust label.

Should have drafted Aldridge, and Granger the year before. Bosh/Aldridge/Granger may have snuck into a finals, maybe ’07, before the Celtics changed the landscape.

red1
02-19-2020, 05:17 PM
Not his fault that the Raptors took him #1. If he was drafted a few spots lower, as he should have been, he would have avoided the bust label.

Should have drafted Aldridge, and Granger the year before. Bosh/Aldridge/Granger may have snuck into a finals, maybe ’07, before the Celtics changed the landscape.

sadly true. everyone coveted that dirk type player a 7-footer with an unguardable jump shot. dirk actually had heart though. bargnani was the most disinterested NBA player I've ever seen.

shows how special dirk actually was.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/yoJC2Aml3sxrk2B80E/source.gif

FKAri
02-19-2020, 05:17 PM

poor portland - roy, oden + bowie - they've had some rotten luck with the draft :biggums:

I was on the 09 Blazers hype train. Especially after seeing how good Rudy Fernandez looked in the Olympics and knowing he was coming over as well. Train derailed. No survivors.

red1
02-19-2020, 05:20 PM
I was on the 09 Blazers hype train. Especially after seeing how good Rudy Fernandez looked in the Olympics and knowing he was coming over as well. Train derailed. No survivors.

its a damn shame. broy was NICE.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ElegantRightCarpenterant-size_restricted.gif
https://66.media.tumblr.com/11dbf47ae3bf28fe07df4cd131b4f508/tumblr_p6fa80OsJV1s3gys4o1_400.gifv

rawimpact
02-19-2020, 05:31 PM

While luck sure has a part in scouting, you're not really giving credit to each teams scouting personnel. There's a reason why some teams draft well vs others clearly miss the target.

Overdrive
02-19-2020, 05:47 PM
Agree with this. He played in the wrong decade.

No, definately not. A big who doesn't rebound and play D? Just because he had 3pt range? 3pt shooting bigs are a dime a dozen rn and most have other redeeming qualities unlike Bargnani.