PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jordan scared to play 1 on 1. says "charity is no win situation for me"

kennethgriffin
10-17-2013, 12:45 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9836282/michael-jordan-charlotte-bobcats-responds-one-one-challenge-robert-pera-memphis-grizzlies

kobe played bowow for 5,000 of his own money to charity

jordan wont play for 1million dollars of someone elses money to charity

just as i said the other day. jordan is scared and a phoney..says hes still good enough to play in the nba. but can't play a ymca baller for fun and to feed/clothe/shelter needy children

:facepalm

scared to play old busted up bryan russell... now this guy... that ceo rogers guy really shook mj after beating him

f0und
10-17-2013, 12:51 PM
kinda reminds me of the scotty burrell story and the insignificance of the GOAT playing against a scrub.

After one of the Bulls' practices in 1997, Scott Burrell, Jordan's teammate, challenged Jordan to a game of one on one. They played and Burrell had a good chance to beat Jordan with the score tied at six a piece (going up to seven). Burrell had the ball, but Ron Harper who was watching the game on the sidelines called Burrell for traveling. Jordan got the ball back and without hesitation drove past Burrell and dunked the ball making it a 7-6 victory. Michael got the last shot to win, but Burrell was right up in MJ's face trash talking. MJ didn't say a word and just walked off the court. A few days later Burrell convinced MJ to play again, but Jordan won easily this time. Again, Jordan just walked off the court without saying a word. But Burrell couldn't keep his mouth shut. Burrell said to MJ, "C'mon, let's go back out there and finish this!" Jordan replied, "You just want to play so you can go tell your kids when they grow up that you beat Michael Jordan once. What am I gonna tell my kids? I beat Scott Burrell? Big deal. They'll slap the hell out of me."

scm5
10-17-2013, 12:52 PM
I can see both sides.

On one hand, MJ has more to lose than $1m because if the guy somehow beats him people would think MJ isn't some untouchable legend.

On the other hand, it should be an easy win for MJ and $1m to any charity would be worth the time and effort.

MJ is still dominating his own Bobcats players from all accounts and there's no way this guy is able to play at a professional level.

sportjames23
10-17-2013, 12:53 PM
kinda reminds me of the scotty burrell story and the insignificance of the GOAT playing against a scrub.

After one of the Bulls' practices in 1997, Scott Burrell, Jordan's teammate, challenged Jordan to a game of one on one. They played and Burrell had a good chance to beat Jordan with the score tied at six a piece (going up to seven). Burrell had the ball, but Ron Harper who was watching the game on the sidelines called Burrell for traveling. Jordan got the ball back and without hesitation drove past Burrell and dunked the ball making it a 7-6 victory. Michael got the last shot to win, but Burrell was right up in MJ's face trash talking. MJ didn't say a word and just walked off the court. A few days later Burrell convinced MJ to play again, but Jordan won easily this time. Again, Jordan just walked off the court without saying a word. But Burrell couldn't keep his mouth shut. Burrell said to MJ, "C'mon, let's go back out there and finish this!" Jordan replied, "You just want to play so you can go tell your kids when they grow up that you beat Michael Jordan once. What am I gonna tell my kids? I beat Scott Burrell? Big deal. They'll slap the hell out of me."

GOAT gonna GOAT.

And kenneth gonna griff.

Mass Debator
10-17-2013, 01:04 PM
This just isn't fair. Jordan is expected to dominate like 11-1. The other dude has no pressure besides losing $1 million which is pocket change.

How about the dude offer $100 million to whoever wins and I'm sure Jordan would bite. Pera would be sweatin and shittin in his pants and that's before it all begins.

plowking
10-17-2013, 01:06 PM

I know Jordan pretty much invented superstar calls, but who knew it started in practice one on ones with nobodies? :oldlol:

Fresh Kid
10-17-2013, 01:06 PM
If anybody iz scared, its lebron.

kennethgriffin
10-17-2013, 01:36 PM
i cant honestly believe anyone in this thread is defending a person who cares more about their inflated ego/pride than winning 1 million dollars for needy sick children who cant afford hospital bills

this means jordan would rather have thousands of kids die than take a chance at not dominating a guy 1 on 1 but instead maybe giving up a few baskets

my god.. this is why the united states is in the shape its in. this is why every elected official is corrupt and self absorbed

this is why the US economy is about to collapse. this is why china owns the US. this is why humans as a species wont survive another 100 years

its because of BS f*CKING ego maniac self centered snobby stuck up pieces of sh*t like michael jordan

every person whos givin even the slightest bit of good fortune thinks theyre above everyone else and dont have to give back

if jordan turns down this guy. he should HAVE to donate 1 million of his own money to charity

and btw... 1 million is allot of money to a charity. forget if its allot of money to either owner ( which it is... i'm sure neither are billion heirs. both probably have 500-700 mill each.. meaning 1 mill to them is like 10,000 dollars to any of us who make a good salary.. and 10,000 is allot of money..

and honestly.. at what point does a guy say "who cares if i'm beatable now.. i'm 50 years old"

jordan was already beatin in 1 on 1 by a nobody when he was 45 years old

so whats the difference.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-17-2013, 01:40 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/1267554/jordan-schooled-kobe-o.gif

kennethgriffin
10-17-2013, 01:43 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/1267554/jordan-schooled-kobe-o.gif

so mj can score on a 19 year old 6th man

:confusedshrug:

btw it was proven to be a travel

and didnt kobe lead the game in scoring before karl had to bench him for the 4th quarter because he was embarrassing the vets stroking 20 foot fast break hook shots or some sh*t

:roll:

Blue&Orange
10-17-2013, 02:14 PM
i cant honestly believe anyone in this thread is defending a person who cares more about their inflated ego/pride than winning 1 million dollars for needy sick children who cant afford hospital bills

this means jordan would rather have thousands of kids die than take a chance at not dominating a guy 1 on 1 but instead maybe giving up a few baskets

my god.. this is why the united states is in the shape its in. this is why every elected official is corrupt and self absorbed

this is why the US economy is about to collapse. this is why china owns the US. this is why humans as a species wont survive another 100 years

its because of BS f*CKING ego maniac self centered snobby stuck up pieces of sh*t like michael jordan

every person whos givin even the slightest bit of good fortune thinks theyre above everyone else and dont have to give back

if jordan turns down this guy. he should HAVE to donate 1 million of his own money to charity

and btw... 1 million is allot of money to a charity. forget if its allot of money to either owner ( which it is... i'm sure neither are billion heirs. both probably have 500-700 mill each.. meaning 1 mill to them is like 10,000 dollars to any of us who make a good salary.. and 10,000 is allot of money..

and honestly.. at what point does a guy say "who cares if i'm beatable now.. i'm 50 years old"

jordan was already beatin in 1 on 1 by a nobody when he was 45 years old

so whats the difference.
This retard :lol

What's stopping the other guy from giving $1 million to charity? So he can only "give" if he "take something back?

How about i tell i give $1 million to someone if i butt.****ed you? It that charity? It sound more like i'm paying for something

lol putting this on Jordan.

kennethgriffin
10-17-2013, 02:36 PM
This retard :lol

What's stopping the other guy from giving $1 million to charity? So he can only "give" if he "take something back?

How about i tell i give $1 million to someone if i butt.****ed you? It that charity? It sound more like i'm paying for something

lol putting this on Jordan.

whats stopping the other guy from giving 1 million to charity?

--------> MICHAEL JORDAN <-------

honestly are you even paying attention? i'm saying jordan should put up the money for backing out. thats basically like losing.. the guy refusing to play cause hes a ***** should put up the money

kobe would jump at the chance to do this. even with 1 leg

kobe plays people 1 on 1 all the time. at his camps. at local gyms.. random celebrities

hes not a punk ass fake like mj

kennethgriffin
10-17-2013, 02:38 PM
honestly.. jordans worried about his rep if he gets scored on once or twice by that guy

well whats even worse for his rep is to make headlines for being scared to play 1 on 1

look at all the attention hes getting. its on the front of every sports website. i'm sure espn will broadcast his pussafied persona to the public

ispin69
10-17-2013, 02:42 PM
Charity of someone else' money is win for everyone.

Jordan is so insecure.

sportjames23
10-17-2013, 02:53 PM
Look at the Kobe stans coming out of the woodwork. Lebron stans been kicking your asses all summer and now you jump on this shit.

Pathetic. :oldlol:

Goldrush25
10-17-2013, 03:15 PM
MJ is like a little girl lol.

Accomplished more than any other athlete in recent memory yet thinks his legacy could be tarnished by a charity b-ball game.:oldlol:

I bet he's STILL throwing darts at pics of his HS coach.

longtime lurker
10-17-2013, 03:24 PM
Make no mistake MJ would absolutely own this guy, but it's for charity so I don't see how it's a lose-lose situation. Is his ego that fragile?

kennethgriffin
10-17-2013, 03:30 PM
Look at the Kobe stans coming out of the woodwork. Lebron stans been kicking your asses all summer and now you jump on this shit.

Pathetic. :oldlol:

kicking a**'s of fans of a player whos in his 18th upcoming season recovering from torn achilles ??

oh thats something to brag about

how about kobe winning back to back titles during lebrons 2 mvp absolute prime seasons

:oldlol: :roll: :lol

/your life

bdreason
10-17-2013, 03:42 PM
MJ is 50. I don't care if he's an ex-NBA player... nobody should be challenging a senior citizen to an athletic contest.

kNicKz
10-17-2013, 03:54 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1531279-michael-jordan-beat-michael-kidd-gilchrist-1-on-1-freak-out-accordingly

Jordan would destroy this dude :roll:

He doesn't feel like playing in this circus act so he isn't ...:confusedshrug:

Michael Jordan has 10 different charities

Goldrush25
10-17-2013, 03:58 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1531279-michael-jordan-beat-michael-kidd-gilchrist-1-on-1-freak-out-accordingly

Jordan would destroy this dude :roll:

He doesn't feel like playing in this circus act so he isn't ...:confusedshrug:

Michael Jordan has 10 different charities

Well ok that's fine. I don't get the "no win situation" comment though.

Blue&Orange
10-17-2013, 04:00 PM

honestly are you even paying attention? i'm saying jordan should put up the money for backing out. thats basically like losing.. the guy refusing to play cause hes a ***** should put up the money

kobe plays people 1 on 1 all the time. at his camps. at local gyms.. random celebrities

lol again you are truly retarded. Charity is giving something without wanting something back, this dude wants something back he wants to play Jordan.

Again what's stopping him from giving $1 million to charity? What's the part you tinny little brain isn't getting?

russwest0
10-17-2013, 04:02 PM

Lol, with LeBron recently in the media begging MJ to give him even a LITTLE attention I think this can be a metaphor for someone else.

LeBron = Scottie Burrell

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

DaSeba5
10-17-2013, 04:04 PM
MJ stans were on your side against LeBron stans, but now you are attacking Jordan?

I<3NBA
10-17-2013, 04:06 PM
like Kobe would do it if challenged. pfft.

SamuraiSWISH
10-17-2013, 04:29 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8t00kSAsN1r6ombko1_500.gif
:biggums:

@ 35, giving out dat WORK

GOAT gonna GOAT

kennethgriffin
10-17-2013, 07:02 PM

GOAT gonna GOAT

that wasnt a legit 35 though..

considering he was only in his 13th season at the time

compared to kobe at 35 will be his 18th season coming off 1st team all nba honors

while MJ in his 14th season wasnt even good enough for 3rd team all nba

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-17-2013, 07:29 PM
Lets get back on track...

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/2804/v5n.gif

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-17-2013, 07:56 PM
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/54/ha3a.gif

GOAT gonna GOAT

80-year old Jordan cookin' :oldlol:

TheMilkyBarKid
10-17-2013, 08:19 PM
Is Kenny really trying to shit on MJ? Come on man, he's pretty much a perfect version of Kobe.

Asukal
10-17-2013, 08:48 PM
Must be hard to sleep at night knowing your boy Kobe will never be as good as the GOAT. :rolleyes:

AintNoSunshine
10-17-2013, 09:40 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9836282/michael-jordan-charlotte-bobcats-responds-one-one-challenge-robert-pera-memphis-grizzlies

kobe played bowow for 5,000 of his own money to charity

jordan wont play for 1million dollars of someone elses money to charity

just as i said the other day. jordan is scared and a phoney..says hes still good enough to play in the nba. but can't play a ymca baller for fun and to feed/clothe/shelter needy children

scared to play old busted up bryan russell... now this guy... that ceo rogers guy really shook mj after beating him

So he's going to play every random rich dude?

305Baller
10-17-2013, 09:52 PM
"Charity is a no-win situation for me"
:lol

MavsSuperFan
10-17-2013, 10:00 PM

If that story is true, that is so weak of jordan.
I hate fighters that wont take fights for this very reason.

MavsSuperFan
10-17-2013, 10:02 PM
So he's going to play every random rich dude?
Every random rich dude willing to give $1 million to the charity of his choice, yes.

I think he would win every time. his fear of losing even if it is just 1% is sad. Its this same mentality that keeps lebron away from the dunk competition

sportjames23
10-17-2013, 10:02 PM

Niqqa, is you serious?

So MJ's gotta play everyone who challenges him to a game? GTFO

305Baller
10-17-2013, 10:03 PM

Jordan's a fighter now? :oldlol:

MavsSuperFan
10-17-2013, 10:05 PM
Niqqa, is you serious?

So MJ's gotta play everyone who challenges him to a game? GTFO
is everybody going to donate $1 million to charity in his name?
he cant think of a cause that is worth of him talking 30 mins out of his day to crush a wannabe?

Lets be honest, he is doing the same thing lebron is doing by not competing in the slam dunk competition. Jordan doesnt want a 0.01% chance of losing.

MavsSuperFan
10-17-2013, 10:06 PM
Jordan's a fighter now? :oldlol:
no it was an analogy.

305Baller
10-17-2013, 10:09 PM
no it was an analogy.

hmmm, ok

Greg Oden 50
10-17-2013, 11:36 PM
is everybody going to donate $1 million to charity in his name?
he cant think of a cause that is worth of him talking 30 mins out of his day to crush a wannabe?

Lets be honest, he is doing the same thing lebron is doing by not competing in the slam dunk competition. Jordan doesnt want a 0.01% chance of losing.

mj has zero chance to lose :rockon:

Greg Oden 50
10-17-2013, 11:41 PM
no it was an analogy.

1 million is too little :banana:

kennethgriffin
10-18-2013, 01:42 AM
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/54/ha3a.gif

80-year old Jordan cookin' :oldlol:

was that the game kobe dropped like 50 something on mj in like 2 minutes lol

tpols
10-18-2013, 02:07 AM
Every random rich dude willing to give $1 million to the charity of his choice, yes.

I think he would win every time. his fear of losing even if it is just 1% is sad. Its this same mentality that keeps lebron away from the dunk competition
MJ doesn't give a fvck bout money..

Lol

DJ Leon Smith
10-18-2013, 05:19 AM

Jordan donated an entire season's salary to charity while he was still playing.

Kobe is yet to do this.

Jordan > Kobe?

Trollsmasher
10-18-2013, 05:24 AM
Ask Jordan's father where Michael would rather put his money in.

Owl
10-18-2013, 06:45 AM
On the one hand:
-It is no win for Jordan
-He didn't ask for this.
-He shouldn't be forced to take on every comer who says I'll play MJ and put up his own money just because some guy wants to beat/play MJ.
-At the margin if he did take on all these type of challenges his brand might be damaged as either the guy who beats up on old (white) guys or the guy who lost to an old white guy. His pathological hatred of losing at his age might now make him a figure for mockery.

On the other:
-It would be nice if he did it once.
-He (at least) allows stories (and doesn't talk down) that he could play in the NBA today. If he sincerely believed this, then given a fair decent length game (not first to three winners outs, where a guy could easily fluke a win) he'd take on a gauntlet of entrepenuers (though as before maybe he shouldn't be obliged to put up big money just because some guy wants to play MJ, but then if he puts up less he looks tight)
- Some guy already beat him one on one anyway. It's a fluke, no one cares. Get over your ego (easier said than done with MJ).

He shouldn't be forced to do it and despite some bad PR (especially since he quit playing), MJ does significant stuff for charity, just on the quiet (an often ignored aspect of the Jordan Rules book is that it covers this). But if he could put together something that would raise really big money for a charity he cares about, him playing basketball would seem the best way to do it.