PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's Player Ranking of John Wall

SilkkTheShocker
10-17-2013, 01:09 PM
An absolute joke. Was legit offended when I saw him listed that high. No clue what they were thinking.

fpliii
10-17-2013, 01:26 PM
Al Horford at 19 is insane.

RoundMoundOfReb
10-17-2013, 01:27 PM
How is Al Horford and John Wall above Kobe? Even though Kobe is injured, its still makes 0 sense. ESPN is terrible.

CeltsGarlic
10-17-2013, 01:29 PM
Player rankings are amazingly stupid.. Its only for idiots.

Kurosawa0
10-17-2013, 01:30 PM
Aren't these their projections for next season?

alexd
10-17-2013, 01:34 PM
How is Al Horford and John Wall above Kobe? Even though Kobe is injured, its still makes 0 sense. ESPN is terrible.
because Kobe is old and injured.we don t know in what condition he ll be back and when.he s way past his prime.wall al horford etc are younger and can play better than Kobe right now.that doesn t mean they are better players but they can run more defend better last longer in a game.
some1 playing good for a whole season has more value than plays better for fewer games .even if you are the best in the world you have no value if you are injured and lose half season
.it seems legit to me

senelcoolidge
10-17-2013, 02:24 PM
this is espn. espn has become a sports tabloid outlet. can't take them seriously. they are a joke. everything is for ratings.

ralph_i_el
10-17-2013, 02:31 PM
Because Wall and Horford are 2 way players.

Hate all you want but after this year you're going to have to recognize. Wall is for real

DuMa
10-17-2013, 02:57 PM
Wall's defense will impress this season. belee dat. his offense still sucks halfcourt

KyleKong
10-17-2013, 02:58 PM
People need to remember they changed the voting format this year.

ESPN analyst voted on predicted player production this year.

DaSeba5
10-17-2013, 03:00 PM
ESPN cares more about ratings. When will you people understand that? Do you really think they believe Kobe is the 25th best player in the league? They know it gets people talking.

AussieG
10-17-2013, 04:47 PM
Every year the younger players get better, and every year the older players get worse.

And then the tears and rage will follow.

alexthegr8
10-17-2013, 05:57 PM
An absolute joke. Was legit offended when I saw him listed that high. No clue what they were thinking.

Because this:

http://www.fearthesword.com/2013/9/17/4741338/comparing-john-wall-and-kyrie-irving-past-present-and-future

And this:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=01L9YaWh644

Kid averaged 20 and 10 on 49% shooting over the last half of his season and was great defensively over that time. He's about to tear shit up this year, credit to ESPN for paying attention.

How quickly people forget how they were feeling about him down the stretch last season:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295427

Dudes on the verge.

Dr. Ice
10-17-2013, 06:25 PM
You people don't even watch the hawks, you all are in no position to critcize horfords spot...

If he's 19 as a center just imagine how high he'd be if he played pf

bdreason
10-17-2013, 07:44 PM
John Wall is a game changing player. Reminds me a lot of Dwayne Wade on both sides of the ball.

fpliii
10-17-2013, 07:57 PM
You people don't even watch the hawks, you all are in no position to critcize horfords spot...

If he's 19 as a center just imagine how high he'd be if he played pf

It's disgusting to have him ahead of Noah, among others. Absolutely ridiculous.

russwest0
10-17-2013, 08:00 PM
People do realize that clowns like Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless are considered among the panel of "experts" that work for ESPN right?

Nothing to see here, move along. Stop giving ESPN the attention it wants for ad revenue.

Dr. Ice
10-17-2013, 10:44 PM

noah? you mean the same guy horford routinely abuses despite the fact that he's not playing his natural position?

plowking
10-17-2013, 10:56 PM
John Wall is a game changing player. Reminds me a lot of Dwayne Wade on both sides of the ball.

Yep. One of the few players in the league that is much better than his stats indicate.

ClutchOver9000
10-17-2013, 10:57 PM
John Wall is for real.

MidRange
10-18-2013, 05:21 AM
John Wall is about to have a breakout season.

Haks
10-18-2013, 05:50 AM
I'd take Beal over wall

j3lademaster
10-18-2013, 06:35 AM
People still saying Wall doesn't have a halfcourt game or a midrange shot isn't watching him. I understand he played out of control a lot of times with a suspect J early in his career, and that's what he's known for now. But seriously, you guys need to watch this guy and actually form your own opinion instead of just ignoring him as the same player he was 2 seasons ago or something. Wall has a reliable mid-range shot, is more under control finishing at the rim, better at absorbing contact going to the hole (a lot of his early career problems lied in that he tried too hard to avoid defenders that he'd put himself in a position to take difficult shots), and actually showed some flashes of post moves. All of this while still being a floor general and GP lite defensively.

Wavves
10-18-2013, 07:53 AM
Are people actually this retarded? John Wall is (here we go here, key word right here which you guys seem to be completely ignoring) projected to have a better season then Kobe Bryant. Voters must think that Kobe will regress a little (DUE TO HIS INJURY) while Wall may have a breakout season. They've never said that Wall is a better player than Kobe. It wasn't a player ranking of the best players in the league, it was a player ranking of the projected best players for the upcoming season.

Haks
10-18-2013, 08:09 AM
Wall Will never be a top 20 plsyer.
Barely is a top 10 pg

Trollsmasher
10-18-2013, 08:16 AM
What's the problem?

John Wall will be the best PG in the East this year and I don't even think it is too bold to say that.

SilkkTheShocker
10-18-2013, 10:56 AM
It's amazing how overrated this kid is. At least they got it right and kept Irving in front of this clown.

SilkkTheShocker
10-18-2013, 10:56 AM

This. I would take Noah over Horford 12 times out of 10.

Go Getter
10-18-2013, 11:00 AM
Wall is going to be a 7-8 year veteran and people will still be clamoring over his potential.

At some point he has to LEAD a TEAM to the PLAYOFFS.

He is in the east [it is easier than if he got drafted to a western team]. Melo led the Nuggets to the playoffs in the west in his rookie season.

SilkkTheShocker
10-18-2013, 11:06 AM
Wall is going to be a 7-8 year veteran and people will still be clamoring over his potential.

At some point he has to LEAD a TEAM to the PLAYOFFS.

He is in the east [it is easier than if he got drafted to a western team]. Melo led the Nuggets to the playoffs in the west in his rookie season.

How long are people going to keep playing that potential card? Now we get to hear another offseason about how Washington is a playoff team and how they shouldn't be "slept on". Shit gets tiring. Wall isn't the player people think he is.

SilkkTheShocker
10-18-2013, 11:08 AM
What's the problem?

John Wall will be the best PG in the East this year and I don't even think it is too bold to say that.

He isn't better than Irving, Rondo, Rose, or Deron Williams. And this is coming from someone that thinks Deron is the most overrated player in the league.

Dr. Ice
10-18-2013, 11:09 AM
He isn't better than Irving, Rondo, Rose, or Deron Williams. And this is coming from someone that thinks Deron is the most overrated player in the league.

He is easily better than irving. unlike irving, wall actually knows what defense is.

tmacattack33
10-18-2013, 12:15 PM
Wall didn't look bad to me last year. And ESPN's ranking is their PROJECTION. He's young, and was healthy at the end of last year and looked good. So they are predicting him to be pretty good this year.

What's the problem.

SilkkTheShocker
10-18-2013, 12:22 PM
He is easily better than irving. unlike irving, wall actually knows what defense is.

Irving is the better player. I love how people hold on to that defense card for Wall like it's a brick of gold. Defense for a PG, while nice, is not all that important. Irving is just a flat out better player.

3peated
10-18-2013, 12:24 PM
Aren't these their projections for next season?

guys, things change, kobe is not going to be improving anymore, he's going to stay the same, or get worse. get a grip, the younger guys are gonna move up, and the older guys are gonna move down. deal with it.

alexthegr8
10-18-2013, 01:11 PM
How long are people going to keep playing that potential card? Now we get to hear another offseason about how Washington is a playoff team and how they shouldn't be "slept on". Shit gets tiring. Wall isn't the player people think he is.

These people who are smarter than you disagree:

When asked what defenses he tried to slow Wall, Griz coach Lionel Hollins said:

SilkkTheShocker
10-18-2013, 01:33 PM
these Wall stans are hilarious. Wall will be a career loser. Low IQ player that relies totally on his athleticism.

alexthegr8
10-18-2013, 01:39 PM
Wall from last night.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JMlc6CarlW0

Sarcastic
10-18-2013, 02:03 PM
these Wall stans are hilarious. Wall will be a career loser. Low IQ player that relies totally on his athleticism.

:roll: :roll: :roll: What has Kyrie ever won?

At least when Wall got back to the Wizards they were a .500 team. Does Kyrie even know what .500 is?

SilkkTheShocker
10-18-2013, 02:17 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: What has Kyrie ever won?

At least when Wall got back to the Wizards they were a .500 team. Does Kyrie even know what .500 is?

lmao please. Irving played with way worse teammates last seasons. Knowing your love of loser players, it's no surprised you hitched you wagon to Wall. :oldlol:

Jailblazers7
10-18-2013, 02:22 PM
Not sure why people are so willing to make excuses for Kyrie

All Net
10-18-2013, 02:31 PM
Wall will have a big year I feel.

tontoz
10-18-2013, 03:01 PM
Walls athleticism must be what has allowed him to average 8 assists per game for his career on teams full of guys who can't shoot.

Sarcastic
10-18-2013, 03:30 PM
lmao please. Irving played with way worse teammates last seasons. Knowing your love of loser players, it's no surprised you hitched you wagon to Wall. :oldlol:

How many top 5 picks has Cleveland had? They'll probably get another #1 pick and get Wiggins, then maybe Bronz will come back to the Cavs, and you can go back to being a Cleveland fan.

DuMa
10-18-2013, 04:02 PM
Wall is on the brink of being a way better version of Rondo than Rondo will ever be. I think that is the highest compliment i can give for Wall

tontoz
11-26-2013, 11:05 PM
NBA player of the week. Three straight 30 point games leading the Wizards to 4 wins in their last 5 games.

Wall has a message to the OP.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g195/tontoz/owned.jpg (http://s56.photobucket.com/user/tontoz/media/owned.jpg.html)

ralph_i_el
11-26-2013, 11:11 PM
Because Wall and Horford are 2 way players.

Hate all you want but after this year you're going to have to recognize. Wall is for real

SilkkTheShocker is a furtada

Graviton
11-26-2013, 11:12 PM
Even last season he was shitting on the best defensive teams in the league, I remember he dropped 40+ on Memphis and Indiana. And now he is even more consistent and the team overall is better.

D-Wade316
11-26-2013, 11:13 PM
NBA player of the week. Three straight 30 point games leading the Wizards to 4 wins in their last 5 games.

Wall has a message to the OP.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g195/tontoz/owned.jpg (http://s56.photobucket.com/user/tontoz/media/owned.jpg.html)
haha

outbreak
11-27-2013, 12:18 AM
Every time i watch him play he makes mistakes and has a poor it seems but then if I don't watch him he goes off. Wizards fans should pray I never watch them