PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Heat vs 2001 Sixers

sportjames23
10-17-2013, 02:32 PM
Got this idea from the Iverson jersey retirement thread (h/t to aj1987 and Fresh Kid).

Which team wins this?

Peteballa
10-17-2013, 02:33 PM
:cletus:

sportjames23
10-17-2013, 02:34 PM
:biggums:

Fresh Kid
10-17-2013, 02:35 PM
2013 heat obviously has a more stacked team:rolleyes:

FreezingTsmoove
10-17-2013, 02:35 PM
During Finals: Miami Cavaliers

After Finals: Heat are stacked

:confusedshrug:

sportjames23
10-17-2013, 02:37 PM
Heat got the offense with Bron and Wade, but Sixers have that defense with Dikembe in the middle, plus they're a bigger team, which the Heat have trouble with. And AI is liable to go off for 40 on them.

Fresh Kid
10-17-2013, 02:37 PM

only fair weather delusional heat/lebron stans said that bullshit miami cavaliers shit,but we all know they always been tha miami cheat:facepalm

Fresh Kid
10-17-2013, 02:39 PM
Heat got the offense with Bron and Wade, but Sixers have that defense with Dikembe in the middle, plus they're a bigger team, which the Heat have trouble with. And AI is liable to go off for 40 on them.
tha question iz which refs and rules show up?? :confusedshrug:

sportjames23
10-17-2013, 02:40 PM
Tim Donaghy is out. :oldlol:

aj1987
10-17-2013, 02:42 PM
With Wade and Lebron guarding him? Actually, he would, 'cause he's the Sixers' only scorer. He'd do it on 40 shots though. Not far from the 36 he scored againt the Lakers.

The Heat would curb stomp the Sixers. Nobody is stopping Wade and Lebron on that team.

Fresh Kid
10-17-2013, 02:42 PM
Tim Donaghy is out. :oldlol:
he aint worse than tha refs today:rolleyes: especially at AAA:facepalm

DaSeba5
10-17-2013, 02:43 PM

All season: most stacked team ever

Playoffs/Finals: Wade is old and done (look at the Kobe-Wade threads during last year's playoffs), Bosh sucks, LeBron is choking again, wow their bench sucks, Haslem is terrible, Cole is terrible, Rio is the worst starting PG in the league, Battier can't make anything, ect.

After winning the title: most stacked team ever

During the offseason: Every team in the past would kick this Miami team's ass.

Twiens
10-17-2013, 02:46 PM
One of the most stacked teams of all time vs.......

AI and Mutumbo

Fresh Kid
10-17-2013, 02:48 PM

AI and Mutumbo
thank u:facepalm

sportjames23
10-17-2013, 02:49 PM
I don't think this Heat team is one of the most stacked of all time. I think they're stack for THIS weak era, but not all time.

I<3NBA
10-17-2013, 04:09 PM

AI and Mutumbo
so if the Heat are the most stacked team of all time, would they beat the MJ led Bulls? how about the Shaq led Lakers? or the Magic led Lakers? or the Bird led Celtics?

SamuraiSWISH
10-17-2013, 04:19 PM
Honestly, they went 7 with the 2013 Pacers. It's kind of the same team identity, only difference is 2001 Sixers have an elite scorer who could make them pay. The Pacers had, who? Paul George? Sixers make it go 7, possibly win.

aj1987
10-17-2013, 04:31 PM
Honestly, they went 7 with the 2013 Pacers. It's kind of the same team identity, only difference is 2001 Sixers have an elite scorer who could make them pay. The Pacers had, who? Paul George? Sixers make it go 7, possibly win.
You're kidding, right? Pacers had good to great players in Hibbert, West and George. All three of them were scoring well. Who on the Sixers can stop Wade and Lebron? Meanwhile, with Wade and Lebron shutting down AI, who's gonna score for the Sixers?

SamuraiSWISH
10-17-2013, 04:36 PM
You're kidding, right? Pacers had good to great players in Hibbert, West and George. All three of them were scoring well. Who on the Sixers can stop Wade and Lebron? Meanwhile, with Wade and Lebron shutting down AI, who's gonna score for the Sixers?
No I'm not kidding, that overrated role player Pacer trio you mentioned managed to win only 48 games. The 2001 Sixers were better, plain and simple. Comparable team defense, with an actual superstar. Not an overhyped up and coming role player Paul George.

Wade was a shell of himself in that series, stop talking like it's Wade pre 2012. The Sixers would at the very least take them seven games.

Are you serious? You're acting like I said they would destroy the Heat. Calm your Miami Heat stan ass down. I said they could possibly win. If they went 7 with the weak ass 2013 Pacers, they're going 7 with the 2001 Lakers.

aj1987
10-17-2013, 04:50 PM
No I'm not kidding, that overrated role player Pacer trio you mentioned managed to win only 48 games. The 2001 Sixers were better, plain and simple. Comparable team defense, with an actual superstar. Not an overhyped up and coming role player Paul George.
17/8/4 while making the All-defensive team is what a role-player does, right?

Wade was a shell of himself in that series, stop talking like it's Wade pre 2012. The Sixers would at the very least take them seven games.
This is about the 2013 Heat, so I'd pick the Finals Wade. I'd love to see that team defend Wade and Lebron. I'd be surprised if every game wasn't a blowout.
Outside of AI, they didn't even have a reliable scorer. With Lebron/Wade guarding him, how do you think he's going to perform?

Are you serious? You're acting like I said they would destroy the Heat. Calm your Miami Heat stan ass down. I said they could possibly win. If they went 7 with the weak ass 2013 Pacers, they're going 7 with the 2001 Lakers.
GTFO. :oldlol: You're one of the biggest Heat haters on think board. 7 Games??
Also, you seem to be forgetting that Miami on 66 games and 27 in a row. It's not like they only won against 40 win teams.

#number6ix#
10-17-2013, 05:15 PM
We would key in on AI using wade and Bron to shade him toward the help ala Derrick Rose... We would give him a little space on the perimeter to try to discourage the drive and contest his jumpers...

Of course he would still get buckets but probably on poor fg%

Or we could double AI and force Eric snow and Aaron McKie to beat us

PJR
10-17-2013, 05:23 PM
:oldlol: The 2001 Sixers wouldn't even had beaten the 2001 Heat had Zo not gotten sick. Give me a break.

longtime lurker
10-17-2013, 05:28 PM
The Heat are just too stacked for the Sixers. Now if they had a legit 2nd option then we're talking.

tgan3
10-17-2013, 06:50 PM
Better comparison would be 2013 Heat or 2001 Lakers

aj1987
10-17-2013, 06:54 PM
Better comparison would be 2013 Heat or 2001 Lakers
Has been done to death and then some more.

G-train
10-17-2013, 06:59 PM

You cannot be this stupid.

TheReal Kendall
10-17-2013, 08:20 PM
This would be a boring series.

Like someone already stated the Sixers only have Mutumbo and A.I

Who guards Lebron, Wade, and Bosh?

Mutumbo was only a defensive threat

PickernRoller
10-17-2013, 08:37 PM
Iverson tearing up a third hole in Lebron's @ss is the only outcome of that series. Would go nicely with the one Dirk already drilled.

You talk about a guy that rapes the paint. Iverson makes Lebron look lite. Then you have DPOY Mutombo shutting down the paint. Yep it's over.

Fudge
10-17-2013, 08:47 PM
Hate the Heat, but they'd win in AT LEAST 5 games. It'd be like a Bulls/Heat series pretty much, slip out a win just from their defense and then completely shut down their main offensive threat in AI.

cos88
10-17-2013, 09:14 PM

during whole playoffs

AintNoSunshine
10-17-2013, 09:37 PM

Playoffs/Finals: Wade is old and done (look at the Kobe-Wade threads during last year's playoffs), Bosh sucks, LeBron is choking again, wow their bench sucks, Haslem is terrible, Cole is terrible, Rio is the worst starting PG in the league, Battier can't make anything, ect.

seriously :oldlol:

To the topic tho, is it a serious question??

Inferno
10-17-2013, 09:41 PM

Not a Heat fan but this is true :oldlol:

red1
10-17-2013, 10:07 PM
Heat would win comfortably. Sixers were a good team but they don't have anyone to exploit miami's weaknesses meanwhile the heat defense would definitely frustrate AI

Bigsmoke
10-18-2013, 07:58 PM

Sometimes shit doesnt always work like that.

If thats the case then the 08 hawks was a bigger threat than the Lakers that year only because they gave the champs a bigger fight for taking them to 7 games

D.J.
10-19-2013, 03:18 AM
Many people don't realize that the 2001 Sixers were one of the most underrated defensive teams in NBA history. You had Eric Snow and George Lynch out on the perimeter. Tyrone Hill was a respectable rebounder and post defender, and we all know what Mutombo was capable of. They were offensively challenged, but they played tough D and had one of the best basketball minds to coach them. Larry Brown would coach circles around Spoelstra.

But, it really comes down to which AI shows up. Is it going to be the 40-45 point AI, or the 7/25 from the field AI?

RoundMoundOfReb
10-19-2013, 03:36 AM
Heat would win easily.

plowking
10-19-2013, 03:36 AM

This.

Bigsmoke
10-19-2013, 10:01 PM
Many people don't realize that the 2001 Sixers were one of the most underrated defensive teams in NBA history. You had Eric Snow and George Lynch out on the perimeter. Tyrone Hill was a respectable rebounder and post defender, and we all know what Mutombo was capable of. They were offensively challenged, but they played tough D and had one of the best basketball minds to coach them. Larry Brown would coach circles around Spoelstra.

But, it really comes down to which AI shows up. Is it going to be the 40-45 point AI, or the 7/25 from the field AI?

They were a jump shot away from losing to Vince Carter`s Raptors. :biggums:

BallsOut
10-19-2013, 10:12 PM

Eric Snow and Raja Bell would be more than capable of shutting down 2013 injury riddled Wade.

You're right no one can guard Lebron on that Sixers team, but no one on the Heat could guard a prime AI either.

It's basically Lebron vs. Iverson and whose shooters are knocking down their outside shots better.

D.J.
10-19-2013, 10:20 PM
They were a jump shot away from losing to Vince Carter`s Raptors. :biggums:

They were also down 3-2 to Milwaukee. The '98 Bulls needed 7 games to beat Indy and were down double digits in the first half. Regardless, the Sixers D would definitely give Miami a hard time. You had perimeter defenders(Snow, Lynch, McKie) and post defenders(Mutombo, Hill, Geiger). Both defenses will be going at it. Like I said earlier, it depends on which Iverson shows up. If it's 40-50 point AI with multiple 50 point games in the series, the Sixers have a legitimate shot. If it's 20-25 point/< 30% from the field AI, Miami wins in no more than 5.

aj1987
10-19-2013, 11:00 PM
Eric Snow and Raja Bell would be more than capable of shutting down 2013 injury riddled Wade.
Eric Snow is too small to guard Wade. He'd just bully him. Wasn't that season Bell's first one in the NBA? I'm sure he played less than 10 minutes per game in the Finals. Wade with 3 bone bruises scored 20 PPG against the Spurs. What do you think he's going to do to the Sixers?

You're right no one can guard Lebron on that Sixers team, but no one on the Heat could guard a prime AI either.
AI had a 49% TS that series. Wade and Lebron would do a pretty good job on him. Better than what the Lakers' perimeter players did.

It's basically Lebron vs. Iverson and whose shooters are knocking down their outside shots better.
You can put it however you want, but if the Sixers are lucky, they win 1 game. Either way, the 2013 Heat would destroy the '01 Sixers.

sportsfan76
10-19-2013, 11:03 PM
Got this idea from the Iverson jersey retirement thread (h/t to aj1987 and Fresh Kid).

Which team wins this?

Did you forget that the 2001 Sixers had to win a Game 7 against Toronto and Milwaukee? Also lost Game 1 of the 1st round to the 8th seeded Pacers

This thread gets a F

BallsOut
10-19-2013, 11:10 PM
Eric Snow is too small to guard Wade. He'd just bully him. Wasn't that season Bell's first one in the NBA? I'm sure he played less than 10 minutes per game in the Finals. Wade with 3 bone bruises scored 20 PPG against the Spurs. What do you think he's going to do to the Sixers?

AI had a 49% TS that series. Wade and Lebron would do a pretty good job on him. Better than what the Lakers' perimeter players did.

You can put it however you want, but if the Sixers are lucky, they win 1 game. Either way, the 2013 Heat would destroy the '01 Sixers.

Wade struggled last season against Avery Bradley who is barely 6'2. Snow was one of the premier 1/2 defenders during 2001. Bell would go on to make a career rep as a defensive stopper. The Spurs really had no great man defenders to throw at Wade since Leonard was already guarding Lebron.

2001 Kobe was probably his best defensive year as well, an injured former shell of himself 2013 Wade and below average man defender in Lebron couldn't guard a prime AI.

You can put it however you want it, but its a competitive series, likely to go 7.

sportsfan76
10-19-2013, 11:11 PM
They were also down 3-2 to Milwaukee. The '98 Bulls needed 7 games to beat Indy and were down double digits in the first half. Regardless, the Sixers D would definitely give Miami a hard time. You had perimeter defenders(Snow, Lynch, McKie) and post defenders(Mutombo, Hill, Geiger). Both defenses will be going at it. Like I said earlier, it depends on which Iverson shows up. If it's 40-50 point AI with multiple 50 point games in the series, the Sixers have a legitimate shot. If it's 20-25 point/< 30% from the field AI, Miami wins in no more than 5.
WRONG, I was there

They were down 2-1 to the Bucks not 3-2. The sixers won Game 4 and then came home to win game 5 and then lost game 6 and went on to win Game 7

They won game 4 without iverson

sportjames23
10-19-2013, 11:27 PM
Did you forget that the 2001 Sixers had to win a Game 7 against Toronto and Milwaukee? Also lost Game 1 of the 1st round to the 8th seeded Pacers

This thread gets a F

Did you forget the Heat were a Ray Allen desperation three away from losing the championship? And had to go 7 games vs the Pacers?

Your mom gets an F.

sportsfan76
10-19-2013, 11:40 PM
Did you forget the Heat were a Ray Allen desperation three away from losing the championship? And had to go 7 games vs the Pacers?

Your mom gets an F.

What I am talking about is the 2nd and 3rd round. You are talking about the Finals

:facepalm

aj1987
10-19-2013, 11:47 PM
Wade struggled last season against Avery Bradley who is barely 6'2. Snow was one of the premier 1/2 defenders during 2001. Bell would go on to make a career rep as a defensive stopper. The Spurs really had no great man defenders to throw at Wade since Leonard was already guarding Lebron.
Snow was a good defender, but he was from from being an elite defender. You must've missed the parts of the Finals during which Kawhi was guarding Wade and couldn't do a whole lot. Sure, Bell became an elite defensive player. In '01? He wasn't. As I said, he barely played 10 MPG in the Finals.

2001 Kobe was probably his best defensive year as well, an injured former shell of himself 2013 Wade and below average man defender in Lebron couldn't guard a prime AI.
You're an idiot if you seriously think Lebron is a below average man defender. He may not be and elite man defender, but he's pretty good. AI shot under 50% TS against a Lakers team, which wasn't really known for its defense. How do you think his efficiency will look, while being guarded by a team that plays good defense?

You can put it however you want it, but its a competitive series, likely to go 7.
Nope. Not even close. AI shoots the ball 35 times to score 37 points and the Sixers get shit on by the Heat. 4-0 (4-1 if the Sixers get lucky).

EDIT: The Heat have Bosh, Chalmers, Allen, and Miller who can score if Wade and Lebron are not able to. The Sixers?

sportsfan76
10-20-2013, 12:00 AM
Snow was a good defender, but he was from from being an elite defender. You must've missed the parts of the Finals during which Kawhi was guarding Wade and couldn't do a whole lot. Sure, Bell became an elite defensive player. In '01? He wasn't. As I said, he barely played 10 MPG in the Finals.

You're an idiot if you seriously think Lebron is a below average man defender. He may not be and elite man defender, but he's pretty good. AI shot under 50% TS against a Lakers team, which wasn't really known for its defense. How do you think his efficiency will look, while being guarded by a team that plays good defense?

Nope. Not even close. AI shoots the ball 35 times to score 37 points and the Sixers get shit on by the Heat. 4-0 (4-1 if the Sixers get lucky).

EDIT: The Heat have Bosh, Chalmers, Allen, and Miller who can score if Wade and Lebron are not able to. The Sixers?

They didn't have any scoring threats but AI, Snow, and maybe mckie.

Tyrone Hill....No
George Lynch....No
raja bell.....No
Jumaine Jones.....no
Mutumbo....No
Matt Geiger..No

aj1987
10-20-2013, 12:03 AM

Tyrone Hill....No
George Lynch....No
raja bell.....No
Jumaine Jones.....no
Mutumbo....No
Matt Geiger..No
Duh! That was my point.

sportsfan76
10-20-2013, 12:21 AM
Duh! That was my point.

I was agreeing you :facepalm

BallsOut
10-20-2013, 12:28 AM

Bosh ain't do shit in the finals. Did you not watch game 7? :oldlol:

Chalmers will be lucky to not have his ankles broken at the end of the first game ala Tyron Lu. An old Ray Allen ain't scoring shit against young pesky defenders who stick to shooters like glue like Eric Snow and Raja Bell. Mike Miller can score? Yeah when he's not out with back problems the other 75% of the time. :facepalm

Plus the Sixers had elite team and interior defense, the type that would win championships against any other team if not for such a dominant prime Shaq + Kobe.

SamuraiSWISH
10-20-2013, 12:30 AM

Tyrone Hill....No
George Lynch....No
raja bell.....No
Jumaine Jones.....no
Mutumbo....No
Matt Geiger..No
Shit, aj1987 is right, I forgot the stunning lack of scoring options from an individual level on that team outside of Iverson. Even more remarkable now when I'm thinking about this cast of misfits and hustle dorks Iverson took to the Finals. Impressive. Heat would beat them in 5. I forgot how bad that roster was outside of Iverson and Mutombo.

D.J.
10-20-2013, 12:42 AM
Shit, aj1987 is right, I forgot the stunning lack of scoring options from an individual level on that team outside of Iverson. Even more remarkable now when I'm thinking about this cast of misfits and hustle dorks Iverson took to the Finals. Impressive. Heat would beat them in 5. I forgot how bad that roster was outside of Iverson and Mutombo.

But that team was a defensive powerhouse. That Philly team was AI's only where his piss poor shooting nights were bailed out. He had quite a few of them in the playoffs. Remember, they were the only team to beat the Lakers in the 2001 playoffs.

aj1987
10-20-2013, 12:45 AM
Bosh ain't do shit in the finals. Did you not watch game 7? :oldlol:

Chalmers will be lucky to not have his ankles broken at the end of the first game ala Tyron Lu. An old Ray Allen ain't scoring shit against young pesky defenders who stick to shooters like glue like Eric Snow and Raja Bell. Mike Miller can score? Yeah when he's not out with back problems the other 75% of the time. :facepalm

Plus the Sixers had elite team and interior defense, the type that would win championships against any other team if not for such a dominant prime Shaq + Kobe.
So, Eric Snow and Raja Bell are shutting down Wade, Lebron, Miller, Allen, and Chalmers? Damn! Those guys must be two of the greatest perimeter defenders of all time! A 34 year old Mutombo. :oldlol:

BTW, if it wasn't for Kobe going '04 in game 1, the Lakers would've swept the Sixers.

But that team was a defensive powerhouse. That Philly team was AI's only where his piss poor shooting nights were bailed out. He had quite a few of them in the playoffs. Remember, they were the only team to beat the Lakers in the 2001 playoffs.

And they went to 7 games against the Bucks and the freaking Raptors.

ISH, the only place where the 2013 Heat is the most stacked team, ever, and would still lost to the Bobcats in a hypothetical matchup.

sportsfan76
10-20-2013, 12:47 AM

They were really supposed to lose to Milwaukee

The Bucks were up 2-1 heading into Game 4 and loss at home to a Sixers team without Iverson. And then the Bucks lost Game 5 by 1 pt:facepalm

sportsfan76
10-20-2013, 12:48 AM
So, Eric Snow and Raja Bell are shutting down Wade, Lebron, Miller, Allen, and Chalmers? Damn! Those guys must be two of the greatest perimeter defenders of all time! A 34 year old Mutombo. :oldlol:

BTW, if it wasn't for Kobe going '04 in game 1, the Lakers would've swept the Sixers.

That Game 1 loss was a slip up. The Lakers were up 5 in OT with 2 mins left and lost the game

BallsOut
10-20-2013, 12:57 AM

Never said that. I like how you make up things I never said though. Shows how bad you are at debating.

Wade would semi shut himself down just being a shell of his former shelf last season, the other part would be taken care of by the combination of Eric Snow and Raja Bell, whom would also take turns sticking like glue to the nearly 40 year old Ray Allen. :oldlol:

Chalmers won't do shit offensively, he'll have his hands full just trying to stay with prime Iverson. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if AI had Chalmers picking himself up off the floor.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/498/568/638822_display_image.jpg

Mario Chalmers can't hang with a prime AI.

:coleman: C'mon son.

D.J.
10-20-2013, 01:00 AM
And they went to 7 games against the Bucks and the freaking Raptors.

ISH, the only place where the 2013 Heat is the most stacked team, ever, and would still lost to the Bobcats in a hypothetical matchup.

The Bulls had a couple of 7 game series as well in the '90s. Doesn't hold much water. The Sixers were stacked defensively, so much so they still had a winning record(6-5) in the games Iverson was out. There's no reason to think a defensive powerhouse Philly team with AI at his peak couldn't be competitive against the current Miami squad.

And take this into consideration: Going into the Finals, the Lakers played the minimum number of games. The Sixers came off back-to-back 7 game series.

aj1987
10-20-2013, 01:13 AM
Never said that. I like how you make up things I never said though. Shows how bad you are at debating.
You're the guy who's saying that '01 Sixers would take the '13 Heat to 7 games and that Lebron is a below average man defender, who'd get shut down by freaking Bell. :facepalm

Wade would semi shut himself down just being a shell of his former shelf last season, the other part would be taken care of by the combination of Eric Snow and Raja Bell, whom would also take turns sticking like glue to the nearly 40 year old Ray Allen. :oldlol:
Yeah, 21/5/5/2/1 on 52% and 20/4/5/2/1 on 48% in the Finals. Snow and Bell wouldn't do shit to Lebron and Wade. They completely destroy the Sixers and their weak as backcourt.

Chalmers won't do shit offensively, he'll have his hands full just trying to stay with prime Iverson. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if AI had Chalmers picking himself up off the floor.
When the ONLY good offensive player on the Sixers is AI, you think Spo would let Chalmers get burnt by him? :facepalm He'd stick either Lebron or Wade on AI.

Mario Chalmers can't hang with a prime AI.

:coleman: C'mon son.
Where did I say he can?

The Bulls had a couple of 7 game series as well in the '90s. Doesn't hold much water. The Sixers were stacked defensively, so much so they still had a winning record(6-5) in the games Iverson was out. There's no reason to think a defensive powerhouse Philly team with AI at his peak couldn't be competitive against the current Miami squad.

And take this into consideration: Going into the Finals, the Lakers played the minimum number of games. The Sixers came off back-to-back 7 game series.

Context, bro. The Bulls went to 7 games against the Pacers and Knicks. Both those teams are MUCH better than the '01 Sixers.
The '01 Spurs were a much better defensive team than the Sixers, and they still got swept by the Lakers.
Fine, they might be a "defensive juggernaut" or whatever according to you, but when AI get's shutdown, who on the Sixers is gonna score?

D.J.
10-20-2013, 01:22 AM
The '01 Spurs were a much better defensive team than the Sixers, and they still got swept by the Lakers.

Much better? 2 points less a game and less than 1 in defensive rating isn't exactly what I would call much better.

BallsOut
10-20-2013, 01:27 AM
Fine, they might be a "defensive juggernaut" or whatever according to you, but when AI get's shutdown, who on the Sixers is gonna score?

AI in his prime isn't getting shutdown by anyone on the Heat, not Lebron who isn't a good man defender, not a shell of his former self Wade, not old man Battier, and certainly not Mario Chalmers. :no:

aj1987
10-20-2013, 01:31 AM
Much better? 2 points less a game and less than 1 in defensive rating isn't exactly what I would call much better.
Actually, it was 0.9. 2 PPG is the difference between the best and 7th best defensive teams. The Sixers were so "good" defensively because they had shitty offensive teams in the Eastern Conference (the majority of their opposition). Still, the Spurs were better than the Sixers offensively and defensively. They still got swept by the Lakers.

tpols
10-20-2013, 01:33 AM
Lebron couldnt guard Allen Iverson the same way he guarded Parker and Rose. Iverson was a much better off the ball player than both of them, and had a better jumpshot/better range. Bron couldnt chase him through screens all day, and Wade would burn out. Maybe they stick Chalmers on him? Idk

Bosh would get manhandled and punked by Sixers frontline as bad as he did versus the Pacers.. It would really be up to Lebron having to save the day and go 30/8/8 on them. He might be able to do it, but Sixers had a defense coached by Larry Brown.. same guy who coached 04 pistons, even had the bobcats as a top defensive team when he was there. Guy knows his rotations and traps. They would have bron shaded everywhere, best shotblocker in the league with free roam in the paint while Bosh camps threes..

aj1987
10-20-2013, 01:34 AM
AI in his prime isn't getting shutdown by anyone on the Heat, not Lebron who isn't a good man defender, not a shell of his former self Wade, not old man Battier, and certainly not Mario Chalmers. :no:
The Heat are a much superior team (perimeter defense) than the '01 Lakers. Even then, AI had a 48% TS. There's literally no way that he would do better than that against the Heat with defensive specialists like Lebron, Wade, and Battier. AI would be taking 35 shots to score 35 points against this Miami team.

D.J.
10-20-2013, 01:38 AM
Actually, it was 0.9. 2 PPG is the difference between the best and 7th best defensive teams. The Sixers were so "good" defensively because they had shitty offensive teams in the Eastern Conference (the majority of their opposition). Still, the Spurs were better than the Sixers offensively and defensively. They still got swept by the Lakers.

0.9 is less than 1. :facepalm

aj1987
10-20-2013, 01:41 AM

Actually, it was 0.9.

0.9 is less than 1. :facepalm
Not rating. 0.9 points. :facepalm

aj1987
10-20-2013, 01:44 AM
Lebron couldnt guard Allen Iverson the same way he guarded Parker and Rose. Iverson was a much better off the ball player than both of them, and had a better jumpshot/better range. Bron couldnt chase him through screens all day, and Wade would burn out. Maybe they stick Chalmers on him? Idk

Bosh would get manhandled and punked by Sixers frontline as bad as he did versus the Pacers.. It would really be up to Lebron having to save the day and go 30/8/8 on them. He might be able to do it, but Sixers had a defense coached by Larry Brown.. same guy who coached 04 pistons, even had the bobcats as a top defensive team when he was there. Guy knows his rotations and traps. They would have bron shaded everywhere, best shotblocker in the league with free roam in the paint while Bosh camps threes..
Once again, Lebron has Wade and Battier to help him out on the defensive end. He can cheat a bit and still be himself on the offensive end. The Lakers were a worse defensive team than the '13 Heat and AI still managed to have a sub 50% TS. He'd do much worse against the Heat's defense.

D.J.
10-20-2013, 01:47 AM
Not rating. 0.9 points. :facepalm

2 points less a game(90.4 to 88.4) and defensive rating less than 1 like I said(98.0 to 98.9). You're not referring to rating. You're referring to points. The difference is 2, not 0.9.

tpols
10-20-2013, 01:52 AM
Once again, Lebron has Wade and Battier to help him out on the defensive end. He can cheat a bit and still be himself on the offensive end. The Lakers were a worse defensive team than the '13 Heat and AI still managed to have a sub 50% TS. He'd do much worse against the Heat's defense.
It would be a grind it out series.. Iverson wouldnt shoot very efficiently.. but neither would anybody else. It would be like the 2011 Bulls against the Heat where every game was within reach and Chicago just needed a small push to get over the hump. Iverson and Sixers came storming into those Finals on a mission.. Id take 2001 Iverson over 2011 Rose.. Iverson is the more well rounded and tireless scorer.. he wouldnt get shut down to the same extent Rose did.

aj1987
10-20-2013, 02:05 AM
It would be a grind it out series.. Iverson wouldnt shoot very efficiently.. but neither would anybody else. It would be like the 2011 Bulls against the Heat where every game was within reach and Chicago just needed a small push to get over the hump. Iverson and Sixers came storming into those Finals on a mission.. Id take 2001 Iverson over 2011 Rose.. Iverson is the more well rounded and tireless scorer.. he wouldnt get shut down to the same extent Rose did.
Those Bulls has an 18/10 guy in Boozer and 18/6 guy in Deng and a 10/10 in Noah.

Once AGAIN, AI scored 36 PPG on 48% TS against a pretty average defensive team. He's not going to do better than that.

EDIT: Totally forgot to mention that the '11 Heat didn't have Allen, Battier and Andersen.

red1
10-20-2013, 02:31 AM
Anyone who thinks the heat wouldn't manhandle the sixers is just kidding themselves. Heat struggled against the spurs and pacers because both teams have good bigs; mutombo is not an offensive threat in the least. Heat would put so much pressure on AI since he is the only threat that it wouldnt even be fair. Sixers perimeter oriented offense plays right into the heats hand

Bigsmoke
10-20-2013, 02:42 AM
Anyone who thinks the heat wouldn't manhandle the sixers is just kidding themselves. Heat struggled against the spurs and pacers because both teams have good bigs; mutombo is not an offensive threat in the least. Heat would put so much pressure on AI since he is the only threat that it wouldnt even be fair. Sixers perimeter oriented offense plays right into the heats hand

The Sixers wouldnt be talked about if Carters shot would have went down in the eastern semi finals.