PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody on this board believe in hell?

Budadiiii
10-17-2013, 05:42 PM
I know this topic is incredibly over-played.

I just want to know if there are any current posters that believe in the idea of hell. Actually believe that some, or most of us, will suffer for eternity after we die.

I only make this thread because I just now overheard these two guys talking about how people are too busy with their lives and not paying attention to what really matters. (God) Just two typical Oklahoma idiots. Nothing going for them. Fat idiot hypocrites.

Anyways, are there? Just curious

blablabla
10-17-2013, 05:47 PM
hahahahahahahahhaah

MMM
10-17-2013, 05:54 PM
heaven is what you make it and hell is what you go through

boozehound
10-17-2013, 05:55 PM
I know this topic is incredibly over-played.

I just want to know if there are any current posters that believe in the idea of hell. Actually believe that some, or most of us, will suffer for eternity after we die.

I only make this thread because I just now overheard these two guys talking about how people are too busy with their lives and not paying attention to what really matters. (God) Just two typical Oklahoma idiots. Nothing going for them. Fat idiot hypocrites.

Anyways, are there? Just curious
at least one of our supreme court justices......

Real Men Wear Green
10-17-2013, 06:00 PM
Does anybody on this board believe in hell?
You have to be posting from somewhere, I suppose.

dr.hee
10-17-2013, 06:01 PM
http://t.qkme.me/3r0ql1.jpg

TylerOO
10-17-2013, 06:06 PM
I'm sure there are a few idiots that do.

Myth
10-17-2013, 06:08 PM
I struggle to believe in it in the sense that most of us have been told about it. I'm agnostic and think it is possible for God to be a creator who may or may not look over us, but the strict values described by Christianity (which I was raised with) don't make much sense to me. One of the parts that makes me question Christianity and related religions is that God is supposed to be flawless, yet the idea that rapists/murderers can go to Heaven if they ask Jesus into their hearts while wonderful people who help others but don't believe in Jesus/God go to Hell. That to me is extremely flawed, and indicates that those religious beliefs must be flawed.

Essentially if God is flawless, good people should go to Heaven regardless of whether they worship him or not (by the way, why would a flawless God be so petty and self centered?). I do applaud the Pope's recent statement about him believing good people are probably let into Heaven.

Budadiiii
10-17-2013, 06:21 PM
I struggle to believe in it in the sense that most of us have been told about it. I'm agnostic and think it is possible for God to be a creator who may or may not look over us, but the strict values described by Christianity (which I was raised with) don't make much sense to me. One of the parts that makes me question Christianity and related religions is that God is supposed to be flawless, yet the idea that rapists/murderers can go to Heaven if they ask Jesus into their hearts while wonderful people who help others but don't believe in Jesus/God go to Hell. That to me is extremely flawed, and indicates that those religious beliefs must be flawed.

Essentially if God is flawless, good people should go to Heaven regardless of whether they worship him or not (by the way, why would a flawless God be so petty and self centered?). I do applaud the Pope's recent statement about him believing good people are probably let into Heaven.
The whole idea of hell is flawed. No human deserves to be tortured for eternity.

Not even the rapists, murderers, and terrorists...

Common sense will tell you that people really can't help who they are.. if at all. Murderers and rapists are born with those evil tendencies. Genetics and environment are the two roles being played.

Really dumb to think theres an entity judging us on our actions. I mean, think about how ridiculous that is. This is basic... why is it so hard for people to understand that we aren't important? That this universe was not created for us, and that there is no entity overseeing our lives..

I figured this out when I was 12 years old. Yet, the majority of the grown population still holds on to this tainted view. It's mindboggling

DaSeba5
10-17-2013, 06:51 PM
No. I don't believe a God who loves all of his children would send them to burn in Hell for all of eternity.

gigantes
10-17-2013, 07:09 PM
the more relevant question is-- what does a person do with their cozy little belief in hell?

like... do they use it to answer their own needs, or do they use it to try to manipulate other people, ala preachy freaks, tea-baggers, the righteous super-orthodox, terrorists and other depraved variety of folk. i.e., all the people who actively make the world more of a hell than it already is.

Dictator
10-17-2013, 07:33 PM
I do. What you're portraying is on the first page of genesis.

Myth
10-17-2013, 07:45 PM
The whole idea of hell is flawed. No human deserves to be tortured for eternity.

Not even the rapists, murderers, and terrorists...

I agree with you, although there is more room for argument based on at least it is the bad people who are going to a bad place if there was the idea of Hell and it wasn't determined by your faith.

Another flaw: If God was all knowing and flawless, then why would he have to send Jesus to die for our sins? Wouldn't a flawless God have gotten it right the first time?

MavsSuperFan
10-17-2013, 08:33 PM
lots of people on this board do. Atheism still needs a couple hundred years to take over.

Fresh Kid
10-17-2013, 09:16 PM
yes of course theres a hell, believe it or not, itz beyond real, wayy beyond real.

Fresh Kid
10-17-2013, 09:18 PM
lots of people on this board do. Atheism still needs a couple hundred years to take over.
take over and wipe out millions of people spiritually, mentally and physically. It iz tha end of days tho, and its bout to get as serious as it can get.

MavsSuperFan
10-17-2013, 09:30 PM
take over and wipe out millions of people spiritually, mentally and physically. It iz tha end of days tho, and its bout to get as serious as it can get.
Im pretty sure this is a gimmick, but on the off chance you are sincere

Atheism isnt the one that causes people to lose their shit and start killing others.

Atheism has not been the source of even 1 genocide/attoricity.

Some of the most generous people are atheists. Eg. Bill gates.
If the only reason someone is acting like a good person is because they fear eternal damnation, then you have to question how good they really are.

Hoodlum Science
10-17-2013, 09:40 PM
I'm not entirely sure if I believe in a literal hell (as explained, defined in the Bible), but I do not entirely dismiss it either. I do believe there's a literal heaven, but I also recognize there's the possibility it doesn't exist either. Some people would argue you can't have one without the other, but I don't necessarily agree with that

Perhaps there's no hell, but there is a heaven. Considering God is real, perhaps it's unfair to punish someone eternally who never even requested to be born in the first place, but perhaps considering God is real, you lived a pious life. You attempted to follow His rules and to the best of your ability help others, love others more than yourself, etc.

Perhaps when all is said and done, you're rewarded. Maybe it isn't these cliche harps playing in the background, singing angels, etc... maybe it's something entirely different from common perception, maybe not? But it seems logical if God were real, to reward His children if He feels they're deserving.

Myth
10-17-2013, 09:55 PM

I'm pretty sure it is just Bladers. They are the 2 most preachy posters about religion and Fresh Kid seems to have taken over this mantle once Bladers stopped making frequent appearances.

MavsSuperFan
10-17-2013, 09:57 PM
I'm pretty sure it is just Bladers. They are the 2 most preachy posters about religion and Fresh Kid seems to have taken over this mantle once Bladers stopped making frequent appearances.
damn, I never made the connection,but now that you have said it, I cant argue with your conclusion. their posts are even stylistically similar.

Fresh Kid
10-17-2013, 10:56 PM

Atheism isnt the one that causes people to lose their shit and start killing others.

Atheism has not been the source of even 1 genocide/attoricity.

Some of the most generous people are atheists. Eg. Bill gates.
If the only reason someone is acting like a good person is because they fear eternal damnation, then you have to question how good they really are.
atheism does help cause it,cuz atheists dont believe in God, duh:rolleyes: so that means most of them feel like they can do watever they want cuz they think they wont get punish for it. idk bro but you just gotta put two and two together, i dont think your evil, you just dont wanna believe and you still have a chance to believe in tha truth which iz God, but remember there are atheists that are really deep in their belief with not believing in God and many of them dont care about people like you and me, and thats definitely not a good thing at all knowing on what they feel like doing.

Fresh Kid
10-17-2013, 10:57 PM
trust me on this, im definitely not bladers:facepalm

Fresh Kid
10-17-2013, 10:58 PM
damn, I never made the connection,but now that you have said it, I cant argue with your conclusion. their posts are even stylistically similar.
how are we similar?:biggums:

RidonKs
10-17-2013, 11:07 PM
:cheers:

Fresh Kid
10-17-2013, 11:10 PM
i disagree.

Budadiiii
10-17-2013, 11:15 PM
how are we similar?:biggums:
Both of you guys are pretty fresh. :confusedshrug:

Fresh Kid
10-17-2013, 11:18 PM
Both of you guys are pretty fresh. :confusedshrug:
u tryna be funny?:lol

HarryCallahan
10-17-2013, 11:46 PM

I hope not. People who identify as atheist are generally complete a-holes that just want to be the smartest guy in the room, so they say sh*t like "Oh thoe silly Christians, they believe in a bunch of fairy-tales. Prove to me that God is real. We all know that it was the big-bang and evolution." Meanwhile, if you actually ask them to explain evolution or the big bang, you'll be met by a series of "Ummmm's" and "Uhhhhh's".

DaSeba5
10-18-2013, 12:30 AM

This makes perfect sense, actually.

Fresh Kid
10-18-2013, 12:39 AM
I hope not. People who identify as atheist are generally complete a-holes that just want to be the smartest guy in the room, so they say sh*t like "Oh thoe silly Christians, they believe in a bunch of fairy-tales. Prove to me that God is real. We all know that it was the big-bang and evolution." Meanwhile, if you actually ask them to explain evolution or the big bang, you'll be met by a series of "Ummmm's" and "Uhhhhh's".
exactly. they all have tha same damn answer, they all agree on how they dont know who made us, who made tha scientists, and who made tha big bang, its beyond sad:facepalm

Is He Ill
10-18-2013, 12:46 AM
atheism does help cause it,cuz atheists dont believe in God, duh:rolleyes: so that means most of them feel like they can do watever they want cuz they think they wont get punish for it. idk bro but you just gotta put two and two together, i dont think your evil, you just dont wanna believe and you still have a chance to believe in tha truth which iz God, but remember there are atheists that are really deep in their belief with not believing in God and many of them dont care about people like you and me, and thats definitely not a good thing at all knowing on what they feel like doing.

:oldlol: Wow, this has to be one of the dumbest paragraphs I have ever read.

HarryCallahan
10-18-2013, 12:49 AM

It's in competition with every other post he's made.

Fresh Kid
10-18-2013, 12:52 AM
try to understand:coleman:

MavsSuperFan
10-18-2013, 01:00 AM
Well. TBH this is how I feel. i wouldnt say it though as it would be rude, and unnecessarily offensive. I have members of my family who are christian.

People who identify as atheist are generally complete a-holes
Plenty of nice people that are atheists. I myself am an extremely nice person. I volunteer, donate to charity and am generally an understanding person. i am very empathic to others and am willing to go out of my way to help another person.

I hope not.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/14/atheism-rise-religiosity-decline-in-america_n_1777031.html
Even in America, our numbers are increasing.
We already have europe, this is the percentage of people that believe in God.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/47/Europe_belief_in_god.svg/655px-Europe_belief_in_god.svg.png

China is mostly atheist too due to being forced into it by the PRC. Obviously compulsory belief in anything is wrong.

More importantly the vocation most likely to be atheist is scientists. I think that shows that as humanity's knowledge base increases the gradual erosion of religiosity is inevitable.

Meanwhile, if you actually ask them to explain evolution or the big bang, you'll be met by a series of "Ummmm's" and "Uhhhhh's".

As opposed to christians who understand what they bible actually espouses?

Evolution is one of the simplest scientific theories out their. I work as an auditor and I understand this theory completely. Are their really people that have completed high school biology and lack an understanding about evolution?

IIRC Evolution is mutations that occur within the genetic code when parents combine their half of the DNA helix to their partners sometimes an irregularity in the encoding occurs. A genetic mutation occurs. If this mutation is beneficial, it will probably increase the offspring's chances at mating, and passing on the genes to future offspring. If the mutation is disadvantages, it will lower the offspring's chance at mating and thus the negative mutation will die with him.

Eg. a particular type of bird has a soft beak, one day one bird is born with a harder beak. It has an advantage of digging into the bark of trees to get food. It gets big and strong and mates more. His offspring inherit this trait. Eventually they replace the soft beaked birds.

Basically how evolution works.

You're right about the big bang theory, I can only repeat what I have learned verbatim, I have no real understanding of the logic behind the theory.

i am no physicist so take what i say with a grain of salt.

the big bang (about 13.7 billion years ago) released an unimaginable amount of energy which converted to hydrogen atoms (energy = matter) and over a few hundred million years the particles (which were not evenly distributed by the big bang) gathered together and basically snowballed under their gravitational forces and produced the stars. a star exploding is referred to as a supernova. Heat and pressure from the gravitational forces created stars from the hydrogen atoms. iirc

most of the basic elements like hydrogen are made in the stars originally. The more complex elements like gold or iron were produced by supernovae iirc

HarryCallahan
10-18-2013, 01:21 AM
As opposed to christians who understand what they bible actually espouses?

Evolution is one of the simplest scientific theories out their. I work as an auditor and I understand this theory completely. Are their really people that have completed high school biology and lack an understanding about evolution?

The bible is a bunch of stories written by a bunch of different people and then cobbled together by a cardinal a few hundred years after Jesus died, there really isn't a singular line of thinking. Regardless, how is Christian's being ignorant related to the ignorance of atheists. Also, why single out Christians? The book of Mormon is WAY more retarded. The Qu'ran and Torah are also just as stupid as the bible. THIS is the kind of thing that irritates me about (self-identifying) atheists, it seem to be more of a superiority/rebellious thing to them. "They're all Christians and that's the dominant religion, i'm not with them so I'm superior to them."

Evolution (which I do believe) has a sh*tload of holes in it, and yes most people can't coherently explain it (I'm not sure what relevance H.S has to a persons intellect).

I also wasn't asking ypu for an explanation of either of these two theories. I understand them, and did not for a second doubt that you did either, i'm just talking about the majority of my experiences.

Ron Jeremy
10-18-2013, 01:34 AM
I absolutely hate the thought of Hellfire.
I believe it to be a form of social control. (societal and political mechanisms or processes that regulate individual and group behavior in an attempt to gain conformity and compliance to the rules of a given society, state, or social group.). (wiki) And no this is not a conspiracy theory.

I never understood the thinking behind it. I'm not saying become a rebel, but don't let your thought process or personality be influence by the fear of going to hell or sinning.

"If you do [insert non-conforming behavior] you'll go to hell" :coleman:

MavsSuperFan
10-18-2013, 01:34 AM
The bible is a bunch of stories written by a bunch of different people and then cobbled together by a cardinal a few hundred years after Jesus died, there really isn't a singular line of thinking. Regardless, how is Christian's being ignorant related to the ignorance of atheists. Also, why single out Christians? The book of Mormon is WAY more retarded. The Qu'ran and Torah are also just as stupid as the bible. THIS is the kind of thing that irritates me about (self-identifying) atheists, it seem to be more of a superiority/rebellious thing to them. "They're all Christians and that's the dominant religion, i'm not with them so I'm superior to them."

Evolution (which I do believe) has a sh*tload of holes in it, and yes most people can't coherently explain it (I'm not sure what relevance H.S has to a persons intellect).

I also wasn't asking ypu for an explanation of either of these two theories. I understand them, and did not for a second doubt that you did either, i'm just talking about the majority of my experiences.

I think we tend to focus more on christianity because it is what we as westerners are more familiar with. Grew up christian so i feel the most comfortable criticizing it and also actually have knowledge about it. But yeah, as an atheist I believe Islam and Judaism are also both technically wrong. Always consider mormons a denomination of Christianity, (like the weird uncle of the family) Granted the assertions joseph smith are more self serving than other religions, but I dont see how believing God lives on another planet or that the garden of eden is in America is any more ridiculous than believing in a 7 headed dragon or a virgin birth (at least the mormon version of god has sex with mary).

In a lot of ways its a credit to western society that we have such religious diversity. You go to the middle east and most (if not all) countries (obvious exception of israel) are 90%+ islamic.

Flash31
10-22-2013, 12:00 AM
Well I did play Dantes Inferno so Ive seen it

But how is the devil on frozen ice with lava under it
but eh

If anything though hell is subjective
Think of your worst times,thats your hell

Hell is basically your worst phase,time period,actions

But this Fiction book hell written thousands of years ago
by people who believed the earth was only thousands of
years ago,was flat,all humans came from two people
funny cz it said there were two sons
Cain and Abel and cain and abel got married TO WHOM
and then all the animals were on one boat every two from each,hmm

and then Jesus cones down can heal the sick,wake the dead,turn water into wine,canwalk on water but cant handle 3 nails What!

I was raised catholic but Come on
Reading the Bible and all the versions,all the apostles Book of John,Peter,Psalms,Revelations and theyre by far the most contradictory,hypocritical,full of inaccuracies,lies books that I have ever read

If it was labeled fiction,itll be a good story Filled with more plot holes than cheese but eh makes for a interesting story

In the books god gives out whats sinful and then happens to break every one

Thou shalt not kill,Millions killed
Pride,"For those who dont follow the lird shall perish among the swords
For I am God and You will know Im your maker"
Thou shalt have free will,Oh didnt pick my choice for you,Death,
and on and on and on

Its like come on,

But hey Dantes inferno,End of Days,Fallen with Denzel,The Omen were good games and movies
Makes an interesting story

Flash31
10-22-2013, 12:07 AM
My favorite Christian,Muslim line

beg for forgiveness,repent no matter what you did
enter the paradise,be forgiven

But Dont belive in us,Youre gonna burn in hell
and not just any hell but the worst

How the F do ya know
Did somebody send ya a message
Yo go tell him hes honna burn in hell

If you read the bible,you would know that from tgeir pov
man was born in sin and only way to be paradise ridden is serve the lord,dont sin when literally everything is a sin
cant have pride in yourself bc the lird wants you broken physically,mentalky when you open up to him
cant have money bc god says give all your wealth to the poor and the church
and so on and on