PDA

View Full Version : Would you guys ever adopt a child?

MavsSuperFan
10-17-2013, 09:56 PM
Assuming you got to the position in life where you were financially able to provide a great life for a child.

Would you ever consider adopting a child?
Would you have an preferences (race,gender,etc)?
Would you be able to love an adopted child the same as a biological child?

MavsSuperFan
10-17-2013, 10:10 PM
I plan on it, if I become financially successful. Maybe around the age of 55-60.

I would want to adopt someone who is not a child. Maybe someone 10-15, because I 100% of people that age probably give up hope on ever finding a new family.
thats very admirable of you.

If I am being honest I dont think I could love a non-biological child as much as a biological one. It wouldnt be right of someone like me to adopt.

Jameerthefear
10-17-2013, 10:11 PM
Yeah. Since I'll probably marry a white girl I want a black child. Probably a boy. I'm not sure about the last question though.

gigantes
10-17-2013, 10:26 PM
so far i've narrowed the list down to hoodlum science, bless mathews, tomtucker, and dude77.

i'm still open to possibility, however. :cheers:

JimmyMcAdocious
10-17-2013, 10:35 PM
Not sure, but I badly want a 25% Japanese, 25% English, 25% Black, 25% Spanish baby.

Hoodlum Science
10-17-2013, 10:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eesk-ipWz_w

Fast-forward to 8:55 ...

RidonKs
10-17-2013, 11:04 PM

If I am being honest I dont think I could love a non-biological child as much as a biological one. It wouldnt be right of someone like me to adopt.
i think that would only be true if you hadn't already had kids of your own. adopt a kid because you can't have your own, you retain that empty feeling and never stop seeing your adopted child as actually somebody else's. but i feel like having already experienced raising your own offspring, the initial adoption would become a distant memory. it'd just be your kid, like any other.

or maybe the opposite is true because without your own, you'd have no point of comparison. your child is your child regardless. you'd eventually just forget about what could have been.

i dunno, depends on the person i guess lol. i feel you, no way i'm leaving this world without leaving somebody to carry on my name, legacy, and genes so long as i can help it. but i could see adopting later in life like dude above if it was feasible.

Qwyjibo
10-17-2013, 11:09 PM
No. Never.

OldSkoolball#52
10-17-2013, 11:15 PM
In theory I would have no problem adopting a child, altho it would make no sense for that to happen, since I have such incredible genes. I should be the one fostering children and the rest of the community should be helping to raise the little wunderkinds.

Of course, I would always take care of my own children. Just saying that ideally, it should be my offspring thats spreading.

HarryCallahan
10-17-2013, 11:17 PM
I'd adopt Shade.

Budadiiii
10-17-2013, 11:19 PM
In theory I would have no problem adopting a child, altho it would make no sense for that to happen, since I have such incredible genes. I should be the one fostering children and the rest of the community should be helping to raise the little wunderkinds.

Of course, I would always take care of my own children. Just saying that ideally, it should be my offspring thats spreading.
Filthy post

Clean that shit up.

Spraying feces on this site with your words.. :facepalm

Fresh Kid
10-17-2013, 11:21 PM
I care about tha kids, but i couldnt do it, cuz they not my blood.

Scholar
10-17-2013, 11:54 PM
My wife and I argue about this sometimes.

It's on my bucket list. I've had it there since I was a little kid. I want to adopt a child someday, preferably one who is old enough to recognize the significant life change, so that he/she will have a point of reference. I just want to one day be able to look back and smile knowing that I made a positive impact on a child's life who wasn't mine biologically but is spiritually, emotionally and mentally.

Just imagine taking someone from being in an orphanage to finally having his/her own room, own clothes, good meals everyday, and most importantly, family love.

The race and gender don't matter to me.

Myth
10-18-2013, 12:00 AM
Would you ever consider adopting a child? Yes, if I couldn't have children with the woman I love.
Would you have an preferences (race,gender,etc)? No, just a healthy, mentally capable child.
Would you be able to love an adopted child the same as a biological child? I think so.

iamgine
10-18-2013, 12:40 AM

You can adopt financially.

JEFFERSON MONEY
10-18-2013, 12:48 AM
Absolutely not and I'm fukking beyond disgusted that the state of society has come to the point where deadbeats and cuckolding frolick and I feel great sympathy for the child and the men without heirs. When I heard Obama say it takes a man to raise a child not to make one I couldn't tell where to direct my seething hatred; at the dude the chick or the government to persuade decent citizens to carry the burden of someone else's mistake at the expense of their right and biological destiny

But great respect to stepfathers and foster parents, may your compassion ring the bells of humanity for eternuty

But if I grow wise and valuable then id love to mentor young guys in whatever they do. Very very underrated relationship (apprentice mentor)

Swaggin916
10-18-2013, 03:53 AM
Possibly... and if I did it I would put my heart and soul into it.

senelcoolidge
10-18-2013, 05:33 AM
If I couldn't have my own children than I would definitely adopt. But even still if I had good income I might still do it.

2LeTTeRS
10-18-2013, 08:49 AM
I would; if I didn't already have a child of my own. My aunt adopted a little dude who was 10 or 11 at the time (15 now I believe); and I consider him my little cousin. He's cool as hell; plays football on the JV team and all together seems to have the best temperaments of anyone I've ever been around.

niko
10-18-2013, 09:27 AM
Absolutely not and I'm fukking beyond disgusted that the state of society has come to the point where deadbeats and cuckolding frolick and I feel great sympathy for the child and the men without heirs. When I heard Obama say it takes a man to raise a child not to make one I couldn't tell where to direct my seething hatred; at the dude the chick or the government to persuade decent citizens to carry the burden of someone else's mistake at the expense of their right and biological destiny

But great respect to stepfathers and foster parents, may your compassion ring the bells of humanity for eternuty

But if I grow wise and valuable then id love to mentor young guys in whatever they do. Very very underrated relationship (apprentice mentor)

Sometime's parents die you know....

rufuspaul
10-18-2013, 09:39 AM
Sometime's parents die you know....

How dare they? Selfish bastards.

My wife was told that she could never have a child because of her uterine lining (TMI I know, sorry), so we always planned to adopt. We were well into the process (site visit, interviews, criminal background checks, etc) when lo and behold she got pregnant.

We have neighbors that adopted 2 kids from Russia, a boy and a girl. The girl is bright, well-adjusted, pleasant. The boy however is a nightmare, unable to function in any social setting, hits and bites other kids, has to go to a special school, etc. It would be one thing dealing with that type of kid if he was your own flesh and blood but it must be very difficult with an adopted kid.

DukeDelonte13
10-18-2013, 09:45 AM
If my wife and I couldn't have kids we'd definitely consider it. It's so f*cking expensive though, and you could wind up with kids with serious issues.

MavsSuperFan
10-18-2013, 11:45 AM
If my wife and I couldn't have kids we'd definitely consider it. It's so f*cking expensive though, and you could wind up with kids with serious issues.
Thats possible with biological birth too. Some things are just decided by nature. Chemical imbalances in the brain and what not.

Nastradamus
10-18-2013, 12:28 PM
People think they couldn't love a kid the same if it didn't share their genes, but they have no idea. Once you start raising a child, all the preconceptions go away. There is no way you won't love that kid. The whole blood thing is overrated.

gigantes
10-18-2013, 01:04 PM
... But if I grow wise and valuable then id love to mentor young guys in whatever they do. Very very underrated relationship (apprentice mentor)
that's a great point. the urge sort of keeps growing in me, and what a pain in the ass that can be. but apprentice - mentor works on many levels, and one of the most important ones for me is finding a way to contribute to my tribe.

perhaps i will never really feel like a full adult unless i'm in a relationship and contributing to my society, whether or not i have kids of my own one day.

JEFFERSON MONEY
10-18-2013, 01:11 PM
that's a great point. the urge sort of keeps growing in me, and what a pain in the ass that can be. but apprentice - mentor works on many levels, and one of the most important ones for me is finding a way to contribute to my tribe.

perhaps i will never really feel like a full adult unless i'm in a relationship and contributing to my society, whether or not i have kids of my own one day.

With the advent of single moms and people turning their back on school the influence of a curious kind man can do wonders. The only thing is.. hmm.. what situation would a kid seeking guidance find itself to be to meet gigantes? Where will the coincidence happen?

But I must ask what's the forte. The one skill you seek to master. Put 10,000 hours into and let it define you. For if you are without your life task my good sir you will never be self-actualized!

Believe me.

When I was like 12 or so and hated my parents and felt lost some of my teachers were practically a demigod.

Stuckey
10-18-2013, 01:12 PM
yes I would if I had the financial security to do so

I would want to have children of my own of course first

I would prefer to adopt someone under 10 but over 2

race/gender doesn't matter but I would prefer if he was healthy

gts
10-18-2013, 01:24 PM
How dare they? Selfish bastards.

My wife was told that she could never have a child because....

This happened to friends of ours. She could'nt get pregnant for whatever reason so they gave up and adopted a little girl that had been in foster care since birth, she was 9 months old.

2 months after the adoption ohoh guess who couldn't get pregnant is now pregnant...lol

so 9 months later they end up with two little girls... 3 years later the adoption people call up and tell them the little girl you adopted now has a little sister would they be interested in adopting her? the answer was yes and now they have three kids.

tmacattack33
10-18-2013, 01:35 PM
Yeah why not. That'd be pretty meaningful and you'd be helping someone who otherwise would have no family.