5.2 APG
1.0 SPG
1.5 BPG
2.8 TO's
60.4% FG
76.9% FT
62.9% TS
35.5 MPG

38 years old. Championship and FMVP. One of the GOAT Finals series.

Bird with an injured right hand + Kareem flat-out dominating = simply no chance for the Celtics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sc5YqFNAjg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYKeFI8q1zQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk184WaqvNo

:bowdown: :bowdown:

305Baller
10-18-2013, 01:51 PM
Skyhook

:bowdown:

Round Mound
10-18-2013, 09:38 PM
The Most Skilled Fundamentally Sound Center Ever

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-18-2013, 09:53 PM
Insane stats. Kareem mopped the floor w/ Boston. :applause:

Really tho, Bball heads tend to underrate Kareem. Why? Not sure. Maybe it's because the media underrated him when he was a Laker. When guy was playing for LA it was all about Magic. The media would ignore his performances at times, and would prop up Magic Johnson as "the man" (so much revionist history about those 80's Lakers teams, but whatever).

Even in Milwaukee, where Kareem was beloved, at times he was shafted for credit because of Oscar. Once again this is where the problem of giving blanket credit to one player for team championships can cloud the judgement of the media and fans.

Bigsmoke
10-18-2013, 09:55 PM
Not bad

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-18-2013, 09:59 PM
To add onto my post...

I also feel dude is underrated because his go-to move was the sky-hook. Clowns think that is ALL Kareem could do, the sky hook. You hear more fans speak of Wilt’s crazy numbers and athleticism. You hear others praise Hakeem’s extremely versatile move set....it’s as if Kareem has been characterized as a guy who merely used a hook shot and that was it. :oldlol:

Psileas
10-18-2013, 10:04 PM
What's generally impressive with Kareem highlight clips is that, since he was arguably offensively the least physical among the GOAT centers, he was rarely getting his points from the FT line, which resulted in giving the impression (in such videos) that he scored more than what he did due to scoring lots of FGs.

In the whole 1985 Finals, Kareem shot a total of 29 FT's, almost as many as Wade shot in Game 5 of the 2006 Finals alone...

jlip
10-18-2013, 10:17 PM
What's generally impressive with Kareem highlight clips is that, since he was arguably offensively the least physical among the GOAT centers, he was rarely getting his points from the FT line, which resulted in giving the impression (in such videos) that he scored more than what he did due to scoring lots of FGs.

In the whole 1985 Finals, Kareem shot a total of 29 FT's, almost as many as Wade shot in Game 5 of the 2006 Finals alone...

Interesting...I just checked Kareem's career free throw attempts. His career high for a season per game avg. is 9.1. We're talking about a player who avg. over 30ppg four seasons but never avg. double figure fta. That's amazing. I honestly can't think of any elite scorer who got to the line as seldom as Kareem.

JimmyMcAdocious
10-18-2013, 10:21 PM
Interesting...I just checked Kareem's career free throw attempts. His career high for a season per game avg. is 9.1. We're talking about a player who avg. over 30ppg four seasons but never avg. double figure fta. That's amazing. I honestly can't think of any elite scorer who got to the line as seldom as Kareem.

Bird and Gervin. But interesting nonetheless, considering he's a big man.

ProfessorMurder
10-18-2013, 10:55 PM

Really tho, Bball heads tend to underrate Kareem. Why? Not sure. Maybe it's because the media underrated him when he was a Laker. When guy was playing for LA it was all about Magic. The media would ignore his performances at times, and would prop up Magic Johnson as "the man" (so much revionist history about those 80's Lakers teams, but whatever).

Even in Milwaukee, where Kareem was beloved, at times he was shafted for credit because of Oscar. Once again this is where the problem of giving blanket credit to one player for team championships can cloud the judgement of the media and fans.

People don't respect him because he never seemed that flashy (to me at least). I was watching a playoff game from '85 or '86 on NBAtv a month ago and he was destroying, but it's like he wasn't on the court. He wasn't yelling, wasn't complaining, wasn't doing highlight reel flashy things, wasn't hanging on the rim. He was just doing work. Post up, upfake, step through, bucket. Post up, running hook. Post up, move, kick out. Post up, baseline skyhook.

I was also surprised to hear the announcers claiming that he was planning on retiring after '86 (I think). I don't think I'd heard that before.

JellyBean
10-19-2013, 01:05 AM
Kareem was just a beast in the NBA Finals. Something about the Celtics brought out the bestgames from Kareem.

TheBigVeto
10-19-2013, 07:42 AM
GOAT Laker and the only Laker in top 10 GOAT basketball player.

jlip
10-19-2013, 08:19 AM

So Magic is not in the top 10?

Psileas
10-19-2013, 09:36 AM

Some red bars are worth their value. And I didn't even bother to contribute.

The Iron Fist
10-19-2013, 01:29 PM
People don't respect him because he never seemed that flashy (to me at least). I was watching a playoff game from '85 or '86 on NBAtv a month ago and he was destroying, but it's like he wasn't on the court. He wasn't yelling, wasn't complaining, wasn't doing highlight reel flashy things, wasn't hanging on the rim. He was just doing work. Post up, upfake, step through, bucket. Post up, running hook. Post up, move, kick out. Post up, baseline skyhook.

I was also surprised to hear the announcers claiming that he was planning on retiring after '86 (I think). I don't think I'd heard that before.

Because none of that has scored a single point in nba history.

Kareem is the greatest basketball player of all time.

jlip
10-19-2013, 02:40 PM
After the game 1 debacle, Kareem apologized to his teammates and said that that would never happen again. Over the next 5 games he avg. 28.4ppg 10.1rpg 6apg. He really turned back the hands of time in a couple of those performances.

Pointguard
10-19-2013, 04:15 PM
Bird and Gervin. But interesting nonetheless, considering he's a big man.
I will say that all three moved kind of slow and defender could see the venom coming but couldn't do anything about it. Defenders accepted the fate and just became spectators mid move.

Kareem had the invincible shot but played stylistically like a slower moving Duncan. He played next to a super dynamo that was the probably the smartest player ever as well. Magic had a bright light and whoever was next to him was going to catch a shadow. Kareem was an all time great and big time player.

SHAQisGOAT
10-19-2013, 04:41 PM

He was alienated from media and fans alike, in his Bucks days, just his personality, fans loved him though. It changed considerably with the Lakers when Magic came along but then Jabbar wasn't at his best anymore and in his mid 30s, his game was never that flashy also and that plays a big part then and through the years, and Magic was there to get all the spotlight attention.

SHAQisGOAT
10-19-2013, 04:42 PM
[QUOTE=kuniva_dAMiGhTy]To add onto my post...

I also feel dude is underrated because his go-to move was the sky-hook. Clowns think that is ALL Kareem could do, the sky hook. You hear more fans speak of Wilt

get these NETS
10-19-2013, 07:10 PM
hurts kareem's "legacy" that after leaving Oscar, he didn't win another ring until Magic showed up

MVPs..probably scoring titles...but no rings....

Also he wasn't media friendly or media savvy, however you call it

is/was a cerebral type and was reserved.....didn't have larger than life personality like say Wilt..or later Shaq

even though he was as good or better than either of them....he wasn't a salesman for the game like Dr J, or later Magic & Bird