PDA

View Full Version : 8 best players in 5 years [2013 EDITION]

LosBulls
10-18-2013, 05:02 PM
Somebody bumped that thread from 2006 named "8 best players in 5 years" so why not have one now?

Turns out guys like Rose, Durant, and Westbrook were not even mentioned in that thread. So let's see how we do now? Who will be the Top 8 players in the year 2018?

Remember to think outside the box.

Heres my list
1. Derrick Rose
2. Andrew Wiggins (2a)
3. Kevin Durant (2b)
4. Kyrie Irving
5. Julius Randle
6. LeBron James (athleticism has been declining, now ring chasing as a PF)
7. Karl Towns
8. Dennis Schroeder

TheReal Kendall
10-18-2013, 05:16 PM
Somebody bumped that thread from 2006 named "8 best players in 5 years" so why not have one now?

Turns out guys like Rose, Durant, and Westbrook were not even mentioned in that thread. So let's see how we do now? Who will be the Top 8 players in the year 2018?

Heres my list
1. Derrick Rose
2. Andrew Wiggins (2a)
3. Kevin Durant (2b)
4. Kyrie Irving
5. Julius Randle
7. Karl Towns
8. Dennis Schroeder

Can we wait til he play in an NBA game before making him a Top 5 player. :facepalm

Durant
Melo
Lebron
Rose
Westbrook
Paul George
Kyrie
Curry (if he can stay healthy)
Davis (he will probably be higher up on the list)

cos88
10-18-2013, 05:18 PM

Heres my list
1. Derrick Rose
2. Andrew Wiggins (2a)
3. Kevin Durant (2b)
4. Kyrie Irving
5. Julius Randle
7. Karl Towns
8. Dennis Schroeder

lebron will be 33 in 5 years, he would still be a top 5 player. still butthurt he pisses on the bulls and rose almost every year? :roll:

Bodhi
10-18-2013, 05:21 PM
Can we wait til he play in an NBA game before making him a Top 5 player. :facepalm

Durant
Melo
Lebron
Rose
Westbrook
Paul George
Kyrie

His point was that in the other thread a bunch of players who hadn't played a single NBA game 8 years ago are now top 10 players in the league.

Trollsmasher
10-18-2013, 05:23 PM
LeBron James
Anthony Davis
Kevin Durant
Andre Drummond
Andrew Wiggins
Russel Westbrook
Stephen Curry
...damn, I don't really know. Gotta to come up with someone later - let's throw in a random 2015 draftee with Joel Embiid

LosBulls
10-18-2013, 05:23 PM

Durant
Melo
Lebron
Rose
Westbrook
Paul George
Kyrie

Man shut the f*ck up and re-read the thread if you need to. In 2006 neither Rose,Durant,Westbrook,or Harden had played a single game in the NBA. 2011 Rose was the MVP.

I clearly said "think outside the box"

LosBulls
10-18-2013, 05:24 PM
lebron will be 33 in 5 years, he would still be a top 5 player. still butthurt he pisses on the bulls and rose almost every year? :roll:
My opinion is mine, not yours. You seem a bit threatened by my opinion, huh buddy? If my opinion is so stupid then you have nothing to worry about don't you?

I guess its the other way around, you butthurt?

You can't troll a troll, son.

And oh yeah, just to stay on topic LeBron's athleticism has been declining every year since his Cleveland days,

Rose and Durant will be 30 years old in the peak of their careers.
Andrew Wiggins if he lives up to the hype will be a 23 year old stud. I don't expect a 33 yr old LeBron to keep up with him.

Kyrie Irving will be 26 just getting in to the prime of his career.

And Julius Randle? 23 years old with the potential to be a superstar.

I know you're a troll but ask yourself this, what is LeBron without athleticism?

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/img/2.0/sect/statscube/players/large/zach_randolph.png

Zach Randolph with elite passing ability.

KG215
10-18-2013, 05:26 PM

Durant
Melo
Lebron
Rose
Westbrook
Paul George
Kyrie

34 year old Carmelo, who's already had problems staying healthy throughout his career, is going to be the second best player in the league? I know you're a Carmelo fan, but come on.

Barring something unforeseen, Durant will be the best. Even if Wiggins lives up to the hype, I don't think 23-24 year old Wiggins is going to be better than peak/29-30 year old Durant. May be close, but if Durant is even better in 3-5 years than he his now, then it'd take a very special player to be better than him.

After that...I don't know. A definitive list isn't easy to come up with because there's a good chance a couple of the best players 5 years from now are still in high school or college, but trying to predict which ones is pointless unless you've seen them play a lot. But players like Rose, Westbrook, Kyrie, Harden, George, and Davis will be in the mix.

TheReal Kendall
10-18-2013, 05:29 PM
Man shut the f*ck up and re-read the thread if you need to. In 2006 neither Rose,Durant,Westbrook,or Harden had played a single game in the NBA. 2011 Rose was the MVP.

I clearly said "think outside the box"

**** that I wasn't on ISH in 2006 but I still don't think this dude will be a Top 5 player.

All I seen from him is dunks.

The hype around this dude is strong for no reason.

The thing is most the players that's in the NBA now that's putting in work will be the Top players 5 years from now.

Do you agree that my list is pretty much spot on?

The Rock
10-18-2013, 05:32 PM

LEBRON CAN PISS AND RING CHASE AT THE SAME TIME. GOAT MULTI TASKER.:roll:

TheReal Kendall
10-18-2013, 05:34 PM
34 year old Carmelo, who's already had problems staying healthy throughout his career, is going to be the second best player in the league? I know you're a Carmelo fan, but come on.

Barring something unforeseen, Durant will be the best. Even if Wiggins lives up to the hype, I don't think 23-24 year old Wiggins is going to be better than peak/29-30 year old Durant. May be close, but if Durant is even better in 3-5 years than he his now, then it'd take a very special player to be better than him.

After that...I don't know. A definitive list isn't easy to come up with because there's a good chance a couple of the best players 5 years from now are still in high school or college, but trying to predict which ones is pointless unless you've seen them play a lot. But players like Rose, Westbrook, Kyrie, Harden, George, and Davis will be in the mix.

My list isn't really in order cause I forgot about Davis at the end.

Melo will be 34 but Kobe is older than him and still putting in work.

So age don't mean anything. If that's the case then Lebron won't be doing shit either.

Melo is bigger and stronger than Kobe so I feel like he will be a Top 8 player still 5 years from now.

Rose, Westbrook, George, Kyrie, Durant, Lebron, Melo, and Davis will be the top players in the league IMO

LosBulls
10-18-2013, 05:38 PM
**** that I wasn't on ISH in 2006 but I still don't think this dude will be a Top 5 player.

All I seen from him is dunks.

The hype around this dude is strong for no reason.

The thing is most the players that's in the NBA now that's putting in work will be the Top players 5 years from now.

Do you agree that my list is pretty much spot on?
Your list is not spot on. A couple of those guys (Melo) won't be in the mix at all. Guys that are still in HighSchool and College will be there.

And btw, heres a video of LeBron James highlights in Highschool.

Its all mostly dunks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHiqvzLhvn8

All you're going to see in anybody's Highschool highlights are dunks.

NattyPButter
10-18-2013, 05:38 PM
1.Lebron
2.Durant
3.Kyrie
4. Paul George
5. James Harden
6.Andre Drummond
7.Waiters
8. Curry

inclinerator
10-18-2013, 05:39 PM
lebron
wiggins
rose
durant

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/332/839/3f0.jpg

KyleKong
10-18-2013, 05:40 PM
1. LeBron
2. Chris Paul
3. Durant
4. Wiggins
5. Rose
6. Rondo (If he wasn't a product of his HoF teammates, and is actually a elite point guard with no stars around him)
7. Howard
8. Westbrook

But what about Harden, Irving, Wall, Curry, Griffin, Jabari Parker, Victor Olidipo, Farried, Paul George, Anthony Davis, Jrue Holiday...f*ck this list, to hard.

TheReal Kendall
10-18-2013, 05:41 PM
Your list is not spot on. A couple of those guys (Melo) won't be in the mix at all. Guys that are still in HighSchool and College will be there.

And btw, heres a video of LeBron James highlights in Highschool.

Its all mostly dunks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHiqvzLhvn8

All you're going to see in anybody's Highschool highlights are dunks.

I watched Lebron's full games in High school and he was great at passing also.

People compare this guy to Lebron but he's not even close.

Like I said we gotta wait and see how he play in college and NBA.

I could be wrong and I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong.

I was wrong about KD coming out of College but he's been fantastic in the NBA.

chips93
10-18-2013, 05:41 PM
durant
davis
lebron
wiggins
westbrook
irving
rose
harden

Myth
10-18-2013, 05:48 PM
Not in order

LeBron
Durant
Rose
Chris Paul
James Harden
Westbrook
Irving
Anthony Davis

Just missed the cut: Wiggins, Curry

Myth
10-18-2013, 05:53 PM
His point was that in the other thread a bunch of players who hadn't played a single NBA game 8 years ago are now top 10 players in the league.

What I have a hard time seeing is someone predicting that 3 of the top 8 being players are not in the NBA yet and accurately predicting who those 3 will be.

lakerspng
10-18-2013, 06:02 PM
pretty sure:

Durant
Westbrook
Rose
Irving
P George

maybe:

Lebron (age)
Melo (age)
A Davis
Wiggins
Curry (ankle)
Rondo

there will be a surprise or two that no one can reasonably predict, for sure.

chips93
10-18-2013, 06:07 PM
how about top 5 players by position, with 8 players, its hard to fit guys that arent yet in the nba, in.

PG
rose
westbrook
irving
curry
harrison

SG
harden
george
exum (he could be a pg, sg, or a sf)
beal
waiters

SF
durant
wiggins
leonard
parker
harris

PF
davis
lebron (he will be primarily a PF by then)
griffin
horford
bennett

C
valanciunas
drummond
cousins
howard
embiid

the center position will continue to be weak, and there are very few really promising young shooting guards. point guard and small forward look the deepest.

if cp3 doesnt get anymore major injuries i could see him hanging on (he will be 33), just because he gets by on intelligence and a great mid range jumper.

valanciunas could be like tyson chandler but with a good post game and a decent jumper. i dont see drummond ever being a low post scorer or a shooter, but he should be an elite shot blocker, rebounder, and finisher. if he could get a great passing pg, that changes his outlook hugely.

alexd
10-18-2013, 06:19 PM
In no order
cousins/lebron
durant
davis
rose/westbrook
harden
wall
george/griffin
kyrie

RagaZ
10-18-2013, 07:50 PM
You are stupid if you think that Irving is not gonna be a top 5 player in 2018.

red1
10-18-2013, 07:52 PM
durant
davis
lebron
wiggins
westbrook
irving
rose
harden
good list

JimmyMcAdocious
10-18-2013, 08:28 PM
Durant
Unibrow
Wiggins
Rose
Irving
LeBron
Love
CP3

I<3NBA
10-18-2013, 11:53 PM
Anthony Davis for sure
Kyrie Irving
Damian Lillard

i'm gonna fill out this list later when i see some other young guns play this season.

kennethgriffin
10-19-2013, 12:01 AM
- lebron james
- kevin durant
- kyrie erving
- james harden
- russell westbrook

RoundMoundOfReb
10-19-2013, 03:43 AM
There is pretty much no way a 30 year old Rose will be better than a 33 year old James or a 30 year old Durant.

alenleomessi
10-19-2013, 10:51 AM
Wiggins
Durant
Drummond
Lebron
Irving
Rose
Griffin
Davis