PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the Rose haters now?

ConanRulesNBC
10-18-2013, 10:55 PM
32 points and 9 assists in tonight's win. Bulls are 5-0 in preseason.

Rose is back. Look out, Miami!

ProfessorMurder
10-18-2013, 10:58 PM
You know what man? Far less people would go out of their way to shit on some player if the player's "fans" didn't invite it with these stupid threads.

SamuraiSWISH
10-18-2013, 10:58 PM
Crickets.

He was going to come back fully healthy when he was ready, we all know that. He wasn't a coward for taking extra time with his body. He was cautious. It's his meal ticket, and it secured a better chance of having a future in the league making sure he was completely ready to return.

And the proof is in the pudding, it makes sense that he did take his time coming back. He looks great.

The haters know this, but because Rose represents everything LeBron isn't, they took the first opportunity they could to jump on him and hate.

Jameerthefear
10-18-2013, 10:59 PM
didn't see him tonight. how many minutes did he play?

Heavincent
10-18-2013, 11:00 PM
Don't understand why some people hate on him. Dude is really fun to watch.

ConanRulesNBC
10-18-2013, 11:00 PM
You know what man? Far less people would go out of their way to shit on some player if the player's "fans" didn't invite it with these stupid threads.

Bullshit. Idiots on here bash Rose all the time.

I just want to see what everyone has to say now that Rose is not only back but looking like MVP Rose from 2010/2011.

kNicKz
10-18-2013, 11:02 PM
Rose is a beast

gts
10-18-2013, 11:03 PM
box score says he returned to other worldly level tonight... egads that's a bucketload of numbers for 30 minutes work even if it a preseason game

LongLiveTheKing
10-18-2013, 11:05 PM
No need to worry.
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0129/nba_g_roselebron_576.jpg

CelticBaller
10-18-2013, 11:07 PM
true :lol

Heavincent
10-18-2013, 11:09 PM
Also don't get why anyone would take any other PG over Rose. CP3 is great and all, but Rose is a different animal. Arguably the most athletic PG ever, great passer/playmaker, and his jump shot is good enough to keep the defense honest.

Suguru101
10-18-2013, 11:09 PM
Look, i am a Miami fan, and my only gripe about Rose is the 2011 MVP.. not that he wasn't worthy, but that there were better players that year.

But the thing is, we all know Derrick Rose is a fantastic player, we all know what he is capable of, so you don't need to puff your chest and invite fans to come and see what Rose is doing. Much less in a preseason game.

And if you are going to taunt Miami fans, taunt them with the Bulls team make-up, with their toughness and rebounding... because no one player is going to scare us, because no one player is better than LeBron James is right now.

Wavves
10-18-2013, 11:10 PM
Rose fans like you guys are really beginning to make me dislike Rose. Just like Melo fans have made me dislike him.

He looks great and it's great to have him back playing as well as he is so far, but why don't you wait til you actually win something before you talk shit.

As of right now I hope on opening night Lebron shits on Rose and the whole team just to shut you guys up. Just like he has done continuously in the past.

SamuraiSWISH
10-18-2013, 11:18 PM
He looks great and it's great to have him back playing as well as he is so far, but why don't you wait til you actually win something before you talk shit.
LOL, what?

It's bump back for the ridiculous hate the guy recieved for being "cowardly" because he was merely being cautious and taking care of his body.

People wrote him off and said he'd never be the same again. Regardless if their trolls, Chicago fans deserve to act like this right now.

And :oldlol: @ comparing Rose's winning situation compared to LeBron, needing to combine his efforts with fellow top 3 player and an elite PF (better than Boozer or Gibson) just to finally get the money off his back.

:facepalm

CHi1PriDe
10-18-2013, 11:18 PM
Rose fans like you guys are really beginning to make me dislike Rose. Just like Melo fans have made me dislike him.

As of right now I hope on opening night Lebron shits on Rose and the whole team just to shut you guys up. Just like he has done continuously in the past.

I'm going to agree with him, stop hyping rose so much since it's only preseason. I know were all excited to have him back but jus chill out for now, esp that we might not have noah on opening day :facepalm

HoopsFanNumero1
10-18-2013, 11:20 PM

Great post. I've even seen some idiotic Bulls fans say he's going to live up to Jordan's legend.

I<3NBA
10-18-2013, 11:23 PM
the entire Bulls team is the perfect epitome of running out of gas. blame it on their idiot coach.

they'll never win a title with Thibs on the helm. he's great and everything but he's really bad for the players' health.

SamuraiSWISH
10-18-2013, 11:24 PM
Great post. I've even seen some idiotic Bulls fans say he's going to live up to Jordan's legend.
LOL

Who said that?

LeBron is obviously the superior talent, best since MJ and not even he can do that.

Wavves
10-18-2013, 11:28 PM
LOL, what?

It's bump back for the ridiculous hate the guy recieved for being "cowardly" because he was merely being cautious and taking care of his body.

People wrote him off and said he'd never be the same again. Regardless if their trolls, Chicago fans deserve to act like this right now.

And :oldlol: @ comparing Rose's winning situation compared to LeBron, needing to combine his efforts with fellow top 3 player and an elite PF (better than Boozer or Gibson) just to finally get the money off his back.

Cool. Keep calling him cowardly all you want. It doesn't stop him being the best basketball player in the whole world, and a 4 time MVP and a 2 time finals MVP.

SamuraiSWISH
10-18-2013, 11:31 PM
Cool. Keep calling him cowardly all you want. It doesn't stop him being the best basketball player in the whole world, and a 4 time MVP and a 2 time finals MVP.
I agree.

He's still a coward though. There is no denying either your statement or mine. Un-biased people will claim both.

I don't hate LeBron, I'm just no longer a fan. I've routinely said he's better than Rose, and clearly the best player in the league.

His path to success was made to be easy by himself, stacked the deck. Like a true coward.

Rose sat out extra games and came back the next season absolutely confident and healthy. Total difference.

Wavves
10-18-2013, 11:36 PM
I agree.

He's still a coward though. There is no denying either your statement or mine. Un-biased people will claim both.

I don't hate LeBron, I'm just no longer a fan. I've routinely said he's better than Rose, and clearly the best player in the league.

His path to success was made to be easy by himself, stacked the deck. Like a true coward.

Rose sat out extra games and came back the next season absolutely confident and healthy. Total difference.

That's alright then, I really do look forward to the Heat vs Bulls games this year. Always a good match-up, hope they meet again in the playoffs.

poido123
10-19-2013, 06:01 AM

Negged for spreading lies you dumbfck. :biggums:

LosBulls
10-19-2013, 06:25 AM

Theres a difference between Rose fans and Bulls fans. Just putting that out there.

Theres 3 types of fans in this city (some not even from this city)
Jordan Fans
Rose Fans
Bulls Fans

Pretty easy to tell which is which. No need to dislike a player because of his stupid fans.

Trollsmasher
10-19-2013, 06:33 AM

future repped

j3lademaster
10-19-2013, 07:34 AM
Rose fans like you guys are really beginning to make me dislike Rose. Just like Melo fans have made me dislike him.So you're weak-minded enough to need random people on the internet help you determine which basketball player to like? Nice.

dr.hee
10-19-2013, 07:52 AM
Look, i am a Miami fan, and my only gripe about Rose is the 2011 MVP.. not that he wasn't worthy, but that there were better players that year.

But the thing is, we all know Derrick Rose is a fantastic player, we all know what he is capable of, so you don't need to puff your chest and invite fans to come and see what Rose is doing. Much less in a preseason game.

And if you are going to taunt Miami fans, taunt them with the Bulls team make-up, with their toughness and rebounding... because no one player is going to scare us, because no one player is better than LeBron James is right now.

This post makes sense, which means you're in the wrong thread.

Go Getter
10-19-2013, 11:35 AM
1. OP was one of those Rose haters rushing him back before he was ready and dissing Rose essentially:no:

2. If you let fans make you hate a great player then you are weak minded.

3. Lebron and the Heat beat the Bulls the last two years in the playoffs but let's not act like the regular season is the same animal.

a. Bulls break 27 game winning streak with no Rose or Noah
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvuBvIa5AgI

b. 11 3 pointers (OT win)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMq9uDXCsTw

c. Rose with a 34 point 8 assist game+win
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5D2fT_Fe5Y

Often times a young team needs to experience a few playoff disappointments to realize how much they have to bring it in the post season....hopefully the Bulls have had their "aha moment" and give the Heat a good series this year.

secund2nun
10-19-2013, 11:37 AM
Not a hater, I just don't fall for the massive overrating for the last 3 seasons so I am considered a hater.

Keep in mind this is just preseason. It means little, but Rose is fully capable of ripping off a good scoring game against any team, but consistency is his problem. He will follow up a good game with a poor shooting game.

He is averaging 52% fg and 1.81 pps this preseason on high ppg, which is great. If he can do anything close to semi-close to that in the regular season he will be worthy of his hype (for this season, he was still way overrated for the last 2 seasons he played in). If he has his typical season of the last 2 years (43-44% fg and 1.2 pps) then he will continue to be overrated unless his hype level is adjusted according.

Go Getter
10-19-2013, 11:41 AM
Not a hater, I just don't fall for the massive overrating for the last 3 seasons so I am considered a hater.

Keep in mind this is just preseason. It means little, but Rose is fully capable of ripping off a good scoring game against any team, but consistency is his problem. He will follow up a good game with a poor shooting game.

He is averaging 52% fg and 1.81 pps this preseason on high ppg, which is great. If he can do anything close to semi-close to that in the regular season he will be worthy of his hype (for this season, he was still way overrated for the last 2 seasons he played in). If he has his typical season of the last 2 years (43-44% fg and 1.2 pps) then he will continue to be overrated unless his hype level is adjusted according.
He has averaged 49% for a whole season. Better than Kobe ever has.

avonbarksdale
10-19-2013, 11:57 AM
lol 5 -0 in preseason just give them the ring now

livinglegend
10-19-2013, 12:00 PM
Let s hide! Derrick Rose is doing great in the............................. preseason! :facepalm

Make this thread when he beats Miami inthe playoffs. Playoffs only matter.

secund2nun
10-19-2013, 12:04 PM
He has averaged 49% for a whole season. Better than Kobe ever has.

That was before he started jacking up 3s. But yes it was better than Kobe ever did, but the last 2 seasons he has played he has gotten 43-44%. Also while his 49% was nice, he only scored 21 ppg on 18 shots per game that season.

Go Getter
10-19-2013, 12:52 PM
That was before he started jacking up 3s. But yes it was better than Kobe ever did, but the last 2 seasons he has played he has gotten 43-44%. Also while his 49% was nice, he only scored 21 ppg on 18 shots per game that season.
21 points for a PG is great. He jacks up more 3s because he hasn't had the offensive help Kobe, Durant, Lebron, and others have had [and the teams asks him to]. He is fully capable of shooting 50% a clip in a season but he doesn't care about jacking up long shots at the end of quarters or stats....he wants to win.

sportsfan76
10-19-2013, 12:58 PM

Did you know that you are not supposed to take what a player does in preseason seriously? what D-rose does in preseason doesn't count because the wins don't matter

They don't start to count until 10/30

sportsfan76
10-19-2013, 01:00 PM
This thread is a FAIL

Cali Syndicate
10-19-2013, 01:17 PM
Crickets.

He was going to come back fully healthy when he was ready, we all know that. He wasn't a coward for taking extra time with his body. He was cautious. It's his meal ticket, and it secured a better chance of having a future in the league making sure he was completely ready to return.

And the proof is in the pudding, it makes sense that he did take his time coming back. He looks great.

The haters know this, but because Rose represents everything LeBron isn't, they took the first opportunity they could to jump on him and hate.

I really wish Grant Hill followed that same cautiousness. If he took a season off and came back resembling at all what he was before that injury, I wouldn't even be mad at all.

I'm also on board that Rose looks great.

Eric Cartman
10-19-2013, 01:24 PM
Lebron had to get over the Celtics to reach the top.

Now Derrick Rose has to take down the Heat and will eventually.

Heat fans are worried that this time will come sooner rather than later and of course spew as much hate as possible.

Most of his haters are Heat fans. Coincidence? I think not.

NumberSix
10-19-2013, 01:31 PM
He's looking like he could be a legit top 5 player this season.

Cangri
10-19-2013, 01:33 PM
Don't understand why some people hate on him. Dude is really fun to watch.
Because of his fans.

aj1987
10-19-2013, 01:47 PM
No shit, Sherlock. The Bulls are the Heat's main rival and the players absolutely HATE each other as well.

Eric Cartman
10-19-2013, 01:58 PM
No shit, Sherlock. The Bulls are the Heat's main rival and the players absolutely HATE each other as well.

Well why are some posters (like for example the numbersix with the George Bush avy) so quick to dismiss the Bulls and claim that the Pacers are the only real threat to beat them in the playoffs while posting 6% at every and all arguments.

They know what's coming and don't want to face it.

aj1987
10-19-2013, 02:12 PM
Well why are some posters (like for example the numbersix with the George Bush avy) so quick to dismiss the Bulls and claim that the Pacers are the only real threat to beat them in the playoffs while posting 6% at every and all arguments.

They know what's coming and don't want to face it.
The Bulls fans, dude. They were talking a LOT of trash and now they're getting it back. I remember poido123 used to whine about Miami getting ref treatment, even when the Heat were playing a different team. Pegasus, ReturnofJPR, nathanjizzle etc. all Bulls fans, do nothing but cry and bitch about the Heat. SamuraiSWISH as well. Dude bitches about Lebron constantly and I'm pretty sure that 90% of his posts are in Lebron and Heat threads.

poido123
10-20-2013, 03:57 AM
The Bulls fans, dude. They were talking a LOT of trash and now they're getting it back. I remember poido123 used to whine about Miami getting ref treatment, even when the Heat were playing a different team. Pegasus, ReturnofJPR, nathanjizzle etc. all Bulls fans, do nothing but cry and bitch about the Heat. SamuraiSWISH as well. Dude bitches about Lebron constantly and I'm pretty sure that 90% of his posts are in Lebron and Heat threads.

Uh no. The trash talk starts and ends with the notorious heat fans here. We give it back, since u guys do nothing but rub it in and gloat. Plus all the rose hate and giving him shit for sitting out with injury. Plowking and your other mates were whining about refs in game threads, that comes with any diehard fan supporting their team. Nathanjizzle would be one of our few trolls btw, the heat fans have quite a few on here. As for shitting on Lebron? He has a few things to hate about, heat fans just hate rose because they wish Lebron was more like him.

All Net
10-20-2013, 04:02 AM
You are setting yourself up for when he plays bad now.

secund2nun
10-20-2013, 01:21 PM
21 points for a PG is great. He jacks up more 3s because he hasn't had the offensive help Kobe, Durant, Lebron, and others have had [and the teams asks him to]. He is fully capable of shooting 50% a clip in a season but he doesn't care about jacking up long shots at the end of quarters or stats....he wants to win.

21 on 18 is decent , but nowhere close to great and it's not as if Rose is not much of a defender and he is an average passer/rebounder for a PG. And his scoring has not grown in the 2 seasons since then because he is limited by his size.

A below average 3 point shooter shooting 5 3s a game is not how you win games.

HoopsFanNumero1
10-20-2013, 01:30 PM
Uh no. The trash talk starts and ends with the notorious heat fans here. We give it back, since u guys do nothing but rub it in and gloat. Plus all the rose hate and giving him shit for sitting out with injury. Plowking and your other mates were whining about refs in game threads, that comes with any diehard fan supporting their team. Nathanjizzle would be one of our few trolls btw, the heat fans have quite a few on here. As for shitting on Lebron? He has a few things to hate about, heat fans just hate rose because they wish Lebron was more like him.

I can assure you that the vast majority of Heat fans don't want that. At all.

As for whining about the refs, some Heat fans did it this year, and it was done mostly in jest. You, on the other hand, were bitching about the refs even back in the 2011 series. You like to use it as an excuse for you team's failures and I'm sure you will use it again this year as well.

Back to the topic, it's the f.ucking preseason.

AussieG
10-20-2013, 01:31 PM
The season hasn't even started yet. So far, he would have been better off playing 10 mins per game off the bench in the playoffs, than he would have been playing in the preseason with big numbers. It means nothing.

Wait til the season starts, and if he plays well he will get his dues.

aj1987
10-20-2013, 01:38 PM
Dude, I honestly remember you posting in threads (you even made a couple - Game 4 Finals) whining about the refs, even when the Heat were NOT playing the bulls. You were doing it during the ECF, Finals, etc.

I absolutely do NOT want Lebron to turn into Rose.

Pointguard
10-20-2013, 01:42 PM
21 on 18 is decent , but nowhere close to great and it's not as if Rose is not much of a defender and he is an average passer/rebounder for a PG. And his scoring has not grown in the 2 seasons since then because he is limited by his size.

A below average 3 point shooter shooting 5 3s a game is not how you win games.
Who won more games than Rose percentage wise than Rose the last two years he played?

Size??? Rose is among the strongest at his position and gets up as high as anybody at his position.

Top three rebounder at his position. Held the elite down at his position better than any other point guard the last two years when he's been playing.

The only reason he didn't average more that year is because he was the worst reffed player in the league. He couldn't buy a call back then despite getting contact on a majority of his shots but only got 4 FTA's per game.

JMT
10-20-2013, 01:44 PM
The only reason he didn't average more that year is because he was the worst reffed player in the league.

= Disregard anything else said about player in question.

Pointguard
10-20-2013, 03:08 PM
= Disregard anything else said about player in question.
???
Are you just incapable of understanding the rest of the post?

You missed the rebounding, defense, size part???

JMT
10-20-2013, 03:37 PM
???
Are you just incapable of understanding the rest of the post?

You missed the rebounding, defense, size part???

Nope. Just that when someone makes a statement like yours about officiating, it negates everything else. Shows a lack of objectivity in your opinion.

NumberSix
10-20-2013, 03:41 PM
P

Pointguard
10-20-2013, 05:04 PM
Nope. Just that when someone makes a statement like yours about officiating, it negates everything else. Shows a lack of objectivity in your opinion.
Wow, this is worse than I originally thought.

You do realize you are saying that all players are officiated with complete objectivity and the exact same way. You do realize that this is your premise??? You really believe that?

You are saying that Rose before the MVP was reffed the exact same way as Harden last year. Rose in the year in question, took the same amount of FGA but took only 4.3 to Harden's 10.1 FTA per game. Rose drives harder, he's faster, he's quicker, he gets people more off balance, but is far from getting half amount of the free throws. Iverson was taking 10 more shots per game than Harden and barely getting 10 FTA's a game. Shaq who was intentionally fouled five times a game, and brutally fouled another five times, only passed 11 FTA's a game twice.

And you think its a lack of objectivity. This isn't your PlayStation game. You know that right?

Legends66NBA7
10-20-2013, 05:12 PM
You are setting yourself up for when he plays bad now.

This.

I don't understand why posters of their favourite players care about what the haters are up to. Just be happy about what Rose is doing now.

talamo
10-20-2013, 05:19 PM
So you're weak-minded enough to need random people on the internet help you determine which basketball player to like? Nice.

"i used to be a fan of D-Rose but a few of his fans on the forum changed my mind and made me dislike him" - true basketball fan

JMT
10-20-2013, 05:21 PM
Wow, this is worse than I originally thought.

You do realize you are saying that all players are officiated with complete objectivity and the exact same way. You do realize that this is your premise??? You really believe that?

No, I didn't say that at all.

What I said is that singling out one player as being refereed differently than every other player in the game... which is exactly what you said about Rose... shows that you lack the ability to be objective about that player.

I'm not the one having trouble grasping the premise.

Go Getter
10-20-2013, 05:40 PM

What I said is that singling out one player as being refereed differently than every other player in the game... which is exactly what you said about Rose... shows that you lack the ability to be objective about that player.

He got a lot of tough calls go against him as a young player maybe but that happens with every young slasher, right now he is a superstar in the league and I can't see him getting anything less than a player of that caliber so I can't complain.

Scholar
10-20-2013, 06:06 PM
I own 2 Derrick Rose jerseys, and I'm a die hard Laker fan. I missed watching him all of last season. I'm just glad he's back.
Sure, this was a preseason game, but people are shitting themselves if they really think he won't put up similar numbers or better in various games throughout the reg season.
The dude is an amazing talent, and one of the best in the world for a reason. 2011 MVP well deserved.

Graviton
10-20-2013, 07:24 PM
You are making it too easy for the Lebron trolls, this attention and your backlash is what they want. I wouldn't really call Rose "haters" Heat fans, they are mostly Lebron stans trolling. They want you to get angry and defend Rose, creating countless threads directed at them.

Since Kobe stans are extinct nowadays, Bulls fans are the easiest target for them. Best thing to do is to ignore them completely, nothing they say is worth discussing.

poido123
10-20-2013, 07:29 PM
I can assure you that the vast majority of Heat fans don't want that. At all.

As for whining about the refs, some Heat fans did it this year, and it was done mostly in jest. You, on the other hand, were bitching about the refs even back in the 2011 series. You like to use it as an excuse for you team's failures and I'm sure you will use it again this year as well.

Back to the topic, it's the f.ucking preseason.

April 2013.

poido123
10-20-2013, 07:43 PM
Dude, I honestly remember you posting in threads (you even made a couple - Game 4 Finals) whining about the refs, even when the Heat were NOT playing the bulls. You were doing it during the ECF, Finals, etc.

I absolutely do NOT want Lebron to turn into Rose.

As for my comments during different series concerning the refs, I did make comment to specific games that I watched where I thought there was some kind of predetermined outcome. But I also saw some fairly officiated games during the Spurs series that I made specific mention of too.

I thought the reffing was a mixed bag, some games I was completely disgusted. But you like to only point out that I bitched about the refs, but you fail to mention that I also made comment to fairly officiated games as well in the ones where other people were complaining.

Listen, I do enjoy watching all the NBA games, but I'm not stupid enough to ignore that some games are heavily influenced for business reasons..

This goes back to your clan. How many of you can say wholeheartedly that you weren't whining about refs at some point in the gamethreads? You make it out like I was the only one :lol

And yes, I wholeheartedly believe Lebron was getting away with flopping calls and suspensions in the playoffs. Then again, I believe there were other players who were doing it and deserved suspensions too. Gotta cut that shit out of the game, it's a form of cheating.

aj1987
10-20-2013, 07:54 PM
As for my comments during different series concerning the refs, I did make comment to specific games that I watched where I thought there was some kind of predetermined outcome. But I also saw some fairly officiated games during the Spurs series that I made specific mention of too.

I thought the reffing was a mixed bag, some games I was completely disgusted. But you like to only point out that I bitched about the refs, but you fail to mention that I also made comment to fairly officiated games as well in the ones where other people were complaining.

Listen, I do enjoy watching all the NBA games, but I'm not stupid enough to ignore that some games are heavily influenced for business reasons..

This goes back to your clan. How many of you can say wholeheartedly that you weren't whining about refs at some point in the gamethreads? You make it out like I was the only one :lol

And yes, I wholeheartedly believe Lebron was getting away with flopping calls and suspensions in the playoffs. Then again, I believe there were other players who were doing it and deserved suspensions too. Gotta cut that shit out of the game, it's a form of cheating.
Point me to one post, where you actually said that the officiating was fair. The Heat who actually live in the paint, shot 40 FT's LESS than the Spurs in the Finals.

When the heck did Lebron deserve a suspension at any point of the playoffs, let alone the Finals???

Lebron stans do bitch about the refs, but they don't do it in a Bulls vs Nets/Knicks/etc. thread. They do it only in the Heat GT's. You always whine about the refs, whenever the Heat are playing though. Case in point:
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303718

I actually called you pedo123 in that thread. :oldlol: Do NOT remember doing that.

poido123
10-20-2013, 08:24 PM
Point me to one post, where you actually said that the officiating was fair. The Heat who actually live in the paint, shot 40 FT's LESS than the Spurs in the Finals.

When the heck did Lebron deserve a suspension at any point of the playoffs, let alone the Finals???

Lebron stans do bitch about the refs, but they don't do it in a Bulls vs Nets/Knicks/etc. thread. They do it only in the Heat GT's. You always whine about the refs, whenever the Heat are playing though. Case in point:

I actually called you pedo123 in that thread. :oldlol: Do NOT remember doing that.

Please tell me you don't look at games as simplistic as that. I don't take you for a boxscore warrior :oldlol: Freethrow totals is not reflective of bias, that can easily be manipulated. A team could get 10 more free throws than the other teams, but all of them could be when the game is already decided.

Oh you are dead wrong. Lebron stans were trolling Bulls gamethreads where the Heat weren't playing, please don't kid yourself.

Suspensions should be handed down for any flopping, no matter the status of the player. There were instances of obvious flopping in the playoffs, but league won't suspend him, it's embarassing and not good for business.

HoopsFanNumero1
10-20-2013, 09:14 PM
April 2013.

:rolleyes:

poido123
10-20-2013, 09:19 PM
:rolleyes:

What's funny is you don't get it and I don't mean the fact you are an "April 2013"...:oldlol:

HoopsFanNumero1
10-20-2013, 09:22 PM
What's funny is you don't get it and I don't mean the fact you are an "April 2013"...:oldlol:

What you don't get is that just because I joined on a given date, it doesn't mean I can't browse old threads.

poido123
10-20-2013, 09:24 PM
What you don't get is that just because I joined on a given date, it doesn't mean I can't browse old threads.

So you went out of your way to find out if I had been whining in 2011?

What kind of loser are you :oldlol:

HoopsFanNumero1
10-20-2013, 09:26 PM

Are you really that thick? Get over yourself.

I was just browsing the old game threads to see people's reaction to the game 5 comeback and I saw you there bitching like always.

The Rock
10-20-2013, 09:32 PM

ALL LEBRON FANS ARE WHINY LITTLE LOSER JABRONI'S.:roll:

aj1987
10-20-2013, 09:34 PM
Please tell me you don't look at games as simplistic as that. I don't take you for a boxscore warrior :oldlol: Freethrow totals is not reflective of bias, that can easily be manipulated. A team could get 10 more free throws than the other teams, but all of them could be when the game is already decided.
The series was fairly officiated. That's what I'm saying. You were complaining that the Spurs weren't getting calls, but no. It was one of the best officiated series.

Oh you are dead wrong. Lebron stans were trolling Bulls gamethreads where the Heat weren't playing, please don't kid yourself.
Again, it's because of the Bulls fans trolling the Heat fans and whining about Lebron from the decision, the '11 Finals to him not being able to win with the Cavs. Have you ever seen Pegasus' posts or nathanjizzle's? There are a bunch more, but I don't remember their names.

Suspensions should be handed down for any flopping, no matter the status of the player. There were instances of obvious flopping in the playoffs, but league won't suspend him, it's embarassing and not good for business.
Lebron flopped twice in the Finals, if I'm not mistake. The Spurs would've lost Ginobili, Parker, and Green for the entirety Finals after the first game.

Pointguard
10-20-2013, 09:47 PM

What premise?

I was really indifferent to Shaq as a player but I could see that he didn't get calls but he was allowed to bully other players to an extreme extent and the refs called him differently than any other player in the game. You say that's impossible to call objectively? Same with Iverson. You rarely see me post about either. Its not a matter of objectivity but commonsense.

Rose was a premier slasher in '10 and '11. He drove to the basket as much as any player those years. Do you deny this? Simply yes or no? Why would somebody else get twice as much FTA's as Rose who has whole teams focus primarily on him as a slasher? Durant is a perimeter player and Harden who just became a starter would get more than double the amount of free throws with very visibly having less contact? Please, just answer that.

Its doesn't follow at all what you are saying. Objectivity can't say people are treated differently. Like you can't say Jordan rules existed objectively? You should never dismiss things based on what you perceive to be objective or not. You should always base it on what you know, it is less becoming of you otherwise. With that said, I addressed three questions to you.

ripthekik
10-20-2013, 10:49 PM
Lebron had to get over the Celtics to reach the top.

Now Derrick Rose has to take down the Heat and will eventually.

Heat fans are worried that this time will come sooner rather than later and of course spew as much hate as possible.

:applause:

The lebron fans are scared. Especially of the fact that lebron never won a ring while a healthy rose was playing.

JMT
10-20-2013, 11:18 PM
What premise?

Its doesn't follow at all what you are saying. Objectivity can't say people are treated differently. Like you can't say Jordan rules existed objectively? You should never dismiss things based on what you perceive to be objective or not. You should always base it on what you know, it is less becoming of you otherwise. With that said, I addressed three questions to you.

There's no point in addressing arguments that have nothing to do with the original point of contention.

I never said all players are reffed equally.

You said that ONE player was reffed not only differently but worse then EVERYBODY else in the game.

You can't expect your opinion to have credibility when you make sweeping statements that are not based on fact.

poido123
10-21-2013, 12:35 AM
The series was fairly officiated. That's what I'm saying. You were complaining that the Spurs weren't getting calls, but no. It was one of the best officiated series.

Again, it's because of the Bulls fans trolling the Heat fans and whining about Lebron from the decision, the '11 Finals to him not being able to win with the Cavs. Have you ever seen Pegasus' posts or nathanjizzle's? There are a bunch more, but I don't remember their names.

Lebron flopped twice in the Finals, if I'm not mistake. The Spurs would've lost Ginobili, Parker, and Green for the entirety Finals after the first game.

Are you suggesting there were Bulls fans upset that he didn't choose Chicago? I haven't seen many here complaining, but it's possible.

There was two major flops in the finals that I remember as well, maybe a few small ones but not worth mentioning. I hate it when players do it, it's like a bad disease on basketball. Chris Paul, Griffin, and even sometimes Noah does it and it pisses me off. They should be immediately suspended with a large enough fine that they think twice about doing it again.

Look, ref calls are so subjective sometimes, you and I could give an interpretation and we may both be right. I think everyone watching the game just wants more consistency.

NumberSix
10-21-2013, 01:10 AM

AHAHAHAHAHA. Stupid ****ing Pedo. :roll:

Glide2keva
10-21-2013, 11:40 AM
The Rose hate is in mid-season form on here I see. Man did I miss this. Glad I'm back. Been working on my t-shirt company and getting things together with that. (If anyone wants to support, let me know via PM)

People that are new here don't understand that Rose has been getting hate since he stepped on an NBA court. People called him stupid for the ACT thing, they shitte don his game even though he was awesome to watch and in his first two seasons shot 48% and 49% and in one of those seasons, he took a LOT of three's. People wanted EVERY PG to be better than him, especiall Rondo, D-Will, and CP360. That was until Rose just absolutely shitted on them and ended all debates. Then the new crop came in Wall, Jennings, etc. and they got the business as well. THey shitted on his MVP and wanted it to go to Howard even though he blew his chance in the last game head to head and got his 18th technical which meant that he had to sit the game. That pretty much decided the MVP. The Heat beat the Bulls in 2011 by 7 points total and they acted like they just blow the Buls out the building when every game (except Game 1) came down to the final possession. It just happened to go Miami's way.

So now all there's left to bring up is him sitting out and now that he's back looking like himself and shitting on the league and shooting back to his first and second year levels with the same athleticism, they don't know what to do with themselves.

I don't like lebron, but I don't hate him as much as I used to. But he and his team are rivals, so that brings in the vitriol, but some of these need to quit the hate and admire this awesome talent and get their anuses prepared. It's about to go down.

Rick James
10-21-2013, 04:49 PM
The Rose hate is in mid-season form on here I see. Man did I miss this. Glad I'm back. Been working on my t-shirt company and getting things together with that. (If anyone wants to support, let me know via PM)

People that are new here don't understand that Rose has been getting hate since he stepped on an NBA court. People called him stupid for the ACT thing, they shitte don his game even though he was awesome to watch and in his first two seasons shot 48% and 49% and in one of those seasons, he took a LOT of three's. People wanted EVERY PG to be better than him, especiall Rondo, D-Will, and CP360. That was until Rose just absolutely shitted on them and ended all debates. Then the new crop came in Wall, Jennings, etc. and they got the business as well. THey shitted on his MVP and wanted it to go to Howard even though he blew his chance in the last game head to head and got his 18th technical which meant that he had to sit the game. That pretty much decided the MVP. The Heat beat the Bulls in 2011 by 7 points total and they acted like they just blow the Buls out the building when every game (except Game 1) came down to the final possession. It just happened to go Miami's way.

So now all there's left to bring up is him sitting out and now that he's back looking like himself and shitting on the league and shooting back to his first and second year levels with the same athleticism, they don't know what to do with themselves.

I don't like lebron, but I don't hate him as much as I used to. But he and his team are rivals, so that brings in the vitriol, but some of these need to quit the hate and admire this awesome talent and get their anuses prepared. It's about to go down.

And after all this writing, Rose still sucks and can't even beat LeBron.

Bucket_Nakedz
10-21-2013, 04:52 PM
fukk you, op! how you gon' come here and defend rose when your triflin ass made threads about trading him. that's why i can't argue when trolls here call out our fan base. u ****** are some contradictory mothafukkaz

TheReturn
10-21-2013, 05:10 PM
It's funny, the OP was actually one of the biggest Rose haters on ISH a couple of months ago, despite being a Bulls fan. Now after a '32 and 9' game all of a sudden dude's his biggest fan again. I can't speak for all Bulls fans on here but I think you're a joke.

poido123
10-21-2013, 05:49 PM
It's funny, the OP was actually one of the biggest Rose haters on ISH a couple of months ago, despite being a Bulls fan. Now after a '32 and 9' game all of a sudden dude's his biggest fan again. I can't speak for all Bulls fans on here but I think you're a joke.

Direct hate at opposing fanbases :cheers:

Need to look after our own, no matter how "Motley Crue" they are...

nathanjizzle
10-21-2013, 06:06 PM
Direct hate at opposing fanbases :cheers:

Need to look after our own, no matter how "Motley Crue" they are...

the same way you named me out as a troll?

The_Yearning
10-21-2013, 06:29 PM
Oh they scared now.

#DRose#TheReturn#BasketballisEverything

poido123
10-21-2013, 06:30 PM
the same way you named me out as a troll?

You are a troll.

No point denying it. :confusedshrug:

nathanjizzle
10-21-2013, 07:19 PM
You are a troll.

No point denying it. :confusedshrug:

i dont think im a troll. if i do troll its against lebron stans that troll against rose :confusedshrug: not sure why you as a bulls fan would name drop me and then turn around and say we should stick together. i find it especially insulting when you live in australia and i live in chicago but you are talking shit about me as a bulls fan.

NumberSix
10-21-2013, 07:25 PM
Pedo vs jizz

nathanjizzle
10-21-2013, 07:27 PM
Pedo vs jizz

youre annoying.

NumberSix
10-21-2013, 08:02 PM
youre annoying.
I don't doubt it.

Pointguard
10-21-2013, 08:20 PM
There's no point in addressing arguments that have nothing to do with the original point of contention.
Our original point of contention is that you said I can't say Rose was called horribly by the refs because it automatically makes me too biased. Everything I brought up is related to that. You came in with that contention. Stats are the closest we get to facts but if you are a real student of the game, perception and understanding go much further than stats ever will.

My questions stand:
Rose was a premier slasher in '10 and '11. He drove to the basket as much as any player those years. Do you deny this? Simply yes or no? Why would somebody else get twice as much FTA's as Rose who has whole teams focus primarily on him as a slasher? Durant is a perimeter player and Harden who just became a starter would get more than double the amount of free throws with very visibly having less contact? Please, just answer that.

You said that ONE player was reffed not only differently but worse then EVERYBODY else in the game.

You can't expect your opinion to have credibility when you make sweeping statements that are not based on fact.

Lebron is the best player in the game now. Sweeping statement not based on fact.

Jordan is the best ever. Sweeping statement not based on fact.

Shaq was reffed differently than any other player. Sweeping statement not based on fact.

If you think this eliminates somebodies credibility its because you don't know anything to begin with.

This is a basketball FAN site, not a scientific court room. We flow with what we know and hopefully can prove. You won't answer my questions because you don't know what you are pretending to know. We all can sit here and disqualify others based on some Socratic method that doesn't even really apply, like you did. 99% of us here will simply say we're not in Athens so who gives a ... .

poido123
10-21-2013, 08:22 PM
i dont think im a troll. if i do troll its against lebron stans that troll against rose :confusedshrug: not sure why you as a bulls fan would name drop me and then turn around and say we should stick together. i find it especially insulting when you live in australia and i live in chicago but you are talking shit about me as a bulls fan.

9erempire, that's who I keep getting you confused with...Weird I know.

Sorry man, honest mistake :cheers:

As for being from Chicago or Australia, does it really matter? I mean, there are numerous fans in america rooting for teams with cities they don't live in or born.

I can tell you I have been to the United Centre and seen a few games, plus gone to the bars there. I'm probably one of the most diehard foreign fans of the Bulls...

Twiens
10-21-2013, 08:23 PM
Drose looks crazy quick right now

Legends66NBA7
10-21-2013, 08:32 PM
Lebron is the best player in the game now. Sweeping statement not based on fact.

Actually, that statement is backed up on facts.

Replay32
10-21-2013, 08:57 PM
Love D-Rose. I'm glad he's back. Hope he can avoid any more serious injuries and stay relatively healthy for the rest of his career.

chips93
10-21-2013, 08:57 PM

people have a lot of hate for rose atm, but he was pretty widely liked before his injury

the mvp was controversial, but he was still one of the most popular players on the board.

JMT
10-22-2013, 02:08 PM
Our original point of contention is that you said I can't say Rose was called horribly by the refs because it automatically makes me too biased.

No, that's inaccurate.

What you said is that Rose was officiated worse than any other player in the league.

Opining that Jordan or James were/are the best players in the league can be substantiated to some extent.

Could officiating be better? Sure. Could you argue that Rose didn't get all the calls he should? Sure. Both can at least be presented as reasonable arguments.

That Rose was somehow officiated worse.. not different, worse... than every other player in the league isn't and speaks to an inability to be objective when discussing that player.

TheReturn
10-22-2013, 02:19 PM
No, that's inaccurate.

What you said is that Rose was officiated worse than any other player in the league.

Opining that Jordan or James were/are the best players in the league can be substantiated to some extent.

Could officiating be better? Sure. Could you argue that Rose didn't get all the calls he should? Sure. Both can at least be presented as reasonable arguments.

That Rose was somehow officiated worse.. not different, worse... than every other player in the league isn't and speaks to an inability to be objective when discussing that player.
You're arguing for the sake of arguing.

juju151111
10-22-2013, 02:19 PM

They back at it man.:lol :cheers:

Legends66NBA7
10-22-2013, 02:21 PM
You're arguing for the sake of arguing.

Actually, he's on point.

secund2nun
10-22-2013, 02:29 PM
Who won more games than Rose percentage wise than Rose the last two years he played?

Size??? Rose is among the strongest at his position and gets up as high as anybody at his position.

Top three rebounder at his position. Held the elite down at his position better than any other point guard the last two years when he's been playing.

The only reason he didn't average more that year is because he was the worst reffed player in the league. He couldn't buy a call back then despite getting contact on a majority of his shots but only got 4 FTA's per game.

Rose did not win. Chicago as a team did. Rose was a part of that, but by no means was he a one man show who carried his team like Lebron, Dwight on Orlando, or Durant. Let's not act like he is Shaq. That team just went to the 2nd round of the playoffs with Rose out the entire season and Deng was out the entire series and Noah was banged up.

Whats your excuse for the last 2 years? He has been given many free throws but his points per shot still is not good. 25 on 20 and 22 on 18 isn't great by any means.

Yes size. He is 6'3 190. That's small height and weight wise and PGs don't effect rebounding much. His 2011-2012 season was clearly worse than his 2010-2011 season. Also Rose is not a good defender. Plus PGs don't affect defense much.

nathanjizzle
10-22-2013, 02:42 PM
some people are clueless ^

NumberSix
10-22-2013, 02:44 PM

nathanjizzle
10-22-2013, 02:46 PM
Rose did not win. Chicago as a team did. Rose was a part of that, but by no means was he a one man show who carried his team like Lebron, Dwight on Orlando, or Durant. Let's not act like he is Shaq. That team just went to the 2nd round of the playoffs with Rose out the entire season and Deng was out the entire series and Noah was banged up.

Whats your excuse for the last 2 years? He has been given many free throws but his points per shot still is not good. 25 on 20 and 22 on 18 isn't great by any means.

Yes size. He is 6'3 190. That's small height and weight wise and PGs don't effect rebounding much. His 2011-2012 season was clearly worse than his 2010-2011 season. Also Rose is not a good defender. Plus PGs don't affect defense much.

in the last 2 years without rose in the post season they got eliminated in the first round 4-2 and barely got out the first round in 7 games then lost the second round in 5. in 2011 the bulls won first and second round 4-2/ 4-1:roll:
in 2011 the bulls had a 60+ win record with a 13-7 against the top 8 teams in the league. last year they barely broke 500 and had a 7-14 record against elite teams.

common you cant be this miss informed.

secund2nun
10-22-2013, 02:46 PM

It hurts you that Chicago was a 5th seed and went to the 2nd round of the playoffs without Rose with a banged up Noah and no Deng for the 2nd round.

secund2nun
10-22-2013, 02:48 PM
in the last 2 years without rose in the post season they got eliminated in the first round 4-2 and barely got out the first round in 7 games then lost the second round in 5. in 2011 the bulls won first and second round 4-2/ 4-1:roll:
in 2011 the bulls had a 60+ win record with a 13-7 against the top 8 teams in the league. last year they barely broke 500 and had a 7-14 record against elite teams.

common you cant be this miss informed.

With Rose they lost to Miami in 5 in 2011 and this season they lost to Miami in 5. Rose would have increased their win total last season so they could have possibly avoided Miami until the ECF and lose in 5 again there to Miami. I'll give you that :oldlol:

nathanjizzle
10-22-2013, 02:51 PM
With Rose they lost to Miami in 5 in 2011 and this season they lost to Miami in 5. Rose would have increased their win total last season so they could have possibly avoided Miami until the ECF and lose in 5 again there to Miami. I'll give you that :oldlol:

oh nice, because if you watched both those series you would know that in 2011 that series was alot closer than the one in 2013:facepalm

NumberSix
10-22-2013, 02:51 PM
Rose is a B-grade Westbrook.

nathanjizzle
10-22-2013, 02:52 PM
It hurts you that Chicago was a 5th seed and went to the 2nd round of the playoffs without Rose with a banged up Noah and no Deng for the 2nd round.

oh what? 5th seed without rose:roll: with rose the bulls were best record in the league 2 years in a row :roll:

common just stop posting in rose threads and spreading bad information :facepalm

pls tell me why the bulls are losing 7-14 against elite teams without rose and winning 13-7 against elite teams with rose.

NumberSix
10-22-2013, 02:52 PM
oh nice, because if you watched both those series you would know that in 2011 that series was alot closer than the one in 2013:facepalm
Yeah, if Rose played last year, maybe we'd have to bump up our troll post to a whole 7%.

Pointguard
10-22-2013, 02:59 PM
You won't quote my whole post because you know what it does to your argument. I figured you would do this so I set up traps. You said you didn't want to answer my questions because it wasn't relevant to your original contention. "There's no point in addressing arguments that have nothing to do with the original point of contention." Is your direct quote.

For the third time...
My questions stand on the original contention then:

Refs themselves admit that it takes time to realize how to call certain players.

If it isn't reasonable, why are you running from the questions? The questions are objective. But they force you to challenge your premise.

I don't mind you arguing with me with what you know, I encourage that. But discouraging dialog based on a faulty Socratic premise that you don't understand its application, isn't going to fly.

Pointguard
10-22-2013, 03:03 PM
Actually, he's on point.

So why don't you take the argument up then, because he's running.

secund2nun
10-22-2013, 03:12 PM
oh what? 5th seed without rose:roll: with rose the bulls were best record in the league 2 years in a row :roll:

common just stop posting in rose threads and spreading bad information :facepalm

pls tell me why the bulls are losing 7-14 against elite teams without rose and winning 13-7 against elite teams with rose.

You are the one who says stuff like Rose won this, Rose won that which implies that they are a sort of one man show like Lebron on Cleveland, Dwight on Orlando, or Durant. Rose is certainly an important part, but by no means is it some type of carrying one man show like you want to portray.

Going to the 2nd round without Rose is impressive. That proves it is not some one man show like you want to portray it is.

If we took Durant off of OKC, Howard off of Orlando, Duncan off of SA, or Lebron off of Cleveland none of those teams would come close to sniffing the 2nd round. In fact, Cleveland in the Lebron days and Orlando in the Dwight days would not even make the playoffs. They were both lottery teams.

W/ Rose= lost in 5 to Miami
W/o Rose= lost in 5 to Miami

WindmiLL
10-22-2013, 03:16 PM
Rose barely has any haters. Lebron fans hating on Rose it's just a natural defense mechanism because of Rose(Chicago) fans firstly hating on Lebron. Those are mostly Chicago fans like Samuraiswoosh who were constantly hating on Lebron long before Rose even became real threat to Lebron(and unfortunately for Rose stans he still isn't real threat).

You don't see many Lebron fans hating on Durant even though he is closer to Lebron than Rose is. You know why? Because there are not many irrational OKC/Durant fans who would constantly hate on Lebron. There is yoyner and thats' it and even he moved to Paris it seems. There is no need for Lebron stans to activate defense mechanism and hate back on Durant like there's no tomorrow.

NumberSix
10-22-2013, 03:19 PM
Actually, the Bulls without Rose took an even better Heat team to 5 games.

2013 Heat >>>>>>> 2011 Heat.

2013 Bulls = or > 2011 Bulls.

HoopsFanNumero1
10-22-2013, 03:20 PM

Yup. I made a thread a few weeks ago comparing Nate Robinson's impact to Rose's and got bashed for it. But if you just watched the 2011 and 2013 series, you'd know it's not that far fetched to say that Nate had just as much impact as Rose.

secund2nun
10-22-2013, 03:25 PM

Not to mention in 2011 they had Deng and in 2013 they did not.

Go Getter
10-22-2013, 03:26 PM
Yup. I made a thread a few weeks ago comparing Nate Robinson's impact to Rose's and got bashed for it. But if you just watched the 2011 and 2013 series, you'd know it's not that far fetched to say that Nate had just as much impact as Rose.

nathanjizzle
10-22-2013, 03:26 PM
You are the one who says stuff like Rose won this, Rose won that which implies that they are a sort of one man show like Lebron on Cleveland, Dwight on Orlando, or Durant. Rose is certainly an important part, but by no means is it some type of carrying one man show like you want to portray.

Going to the 2nd round without Rose is impressive. That proves it is not some one man show like you want to portray it is.

If we took Durant off of OKC, Howard off of Orlando, Duncan off of SA, or Lebron off of Cleveland none of those teams would come close to sniffing the 2nd round. In fact, Cleveland in the Lebron days and Orlando in the Dwight days would not even make the playoffs. They were both lottery teams.

W/ Rose= lost in 5 to Miami
W/o Rose= lost in 5 to Miami

rose pretty much is a one man show. anyone that has paid attention knows the bulls are not contending without rose. the last 2 years proved this HAHA.
again all you are are talking in generalities, i gave you deep stats that you refuse to acknowledge due to your hate for rose. you can keep saying bulls with and without rose lost in 5 too miami, but youre neglecting the fact of actually knowing what happened in those 5 games in 2 different series. ohyea, howard losing in the first round with the magic? durant losing in 1-4 in the second round? yea rose isnt on their level :facepalm

nathanjizzle
10-22-2013, 03:28 PM

it wasnt, rose played like shit in 2011. all you are doing is comparing a players shitty series to another players good series and trying to make a general point from it.

NumberSix
10-22-2013, 03:29 PM
rose pretty much is a one man show. anyone that has paid attention knows the bulls are not contending without rose. the last 2 years proved this HAHA.
again all you are are talking in generalities, i gave you deep stats that you refuse to acknowledge due to your hate for rose. you can keep saying bulls with and without rose lost in 5 too miami, but youre neglecting the fact of actually knowing what happened in those 5 games in 2 different series. ohyea, howard losing in the first round with the magic? durant losing in 1-4 in the second round? yea rose isnt on their level :facepalm
Yeah, and last year proved that Minnesota weren't contenders without Kevin Love. Doesn't really matter though considering they aren't contenders with him.

Rose is an ok to above average volume player.

HoopsFanNumero1
10-22-2013, 03:30 PM
it wasnt, rose played like shit in 2011. all you are doing is comparing a players shitty series to another players good series and trying to make a general point from it.

I never tried to claim that Nate > Rose. I was just comparing their individual series against the Heat.

JMT
10-22-2013, 03:45 PM
You won't quote my whole post because you know what it does to your argument. I figured you would do this so I set up traps. You said you didn't want to answer my questions because it wasn't relevant to your original contention. "There's no point in addressing arguments that have nothing to do with the original point of contention." Is your direct quote.

For the third time...
My questions stand on the original contention then:

Refs themselves admit that it takes time to realize how to call certain players.

If it isn't reasonable, why are you running from the questions? The questions are objective. But they force you to challenge your premise.

I don't mind you arguing with me with what you know, I encourage that. But discouraging dialog based on a faulty Socratic premise that you don't understand its application, isn't going to fly.

I'll quote your entire post. No problem.

If you truly believe that Rose was officiated worse than everyone else in basketball... not Harden or Durant (and interesting that you aim your vitriol at players from one specific team), but everyone else... then that's what you're going to believe.

In turn, I will continue to believe that a sweeping statement like that shows an unreasonable level of bias and compromises the credibility of anything else said about that player.

Funny thing is, I neither particularly like nor dislike Rose. But in order to respect someone's opinion of anyone/anything, I have to believe that it's coming from an objective standpoint. I don't believe yours is.

Simple difference in what we view as reasonable parameters for a discussion.

Not "running from" anything. It's simply an exercise in futility.

Legends66NBA7
10-22-2013, 10:12 PM
So why don't you take the argument up then, because he's running.

What do I have to take up ?

The point he made is coming of your statement. The "traps" are actually all based on some substance of facts, by the way. I selected the James comment since most on ISH would be most knowing of the subject of your stance (James being the best basketball player today) over the other 2.

Pointguard
10-23-2013, 01:10 AM
I'll quote your entire post. No problem.

If you truly believe that Rose was officiated worse than everyone else in basketball... not Harden or Durant (and interesting that you aim your vitriol at players from one specific team), but everyone else... then that's what you're going to believe.
Durant and Harden aren't on the same team and weren't when Harden got 10 FTA per game.

In turn, I will continue to believe that a sweeping statement like that shows an unreasonable level of bias and compromises the credibility of anything else said about that player.
Why not answer the questions then?

Funny thing is, I neither particularly like nor dislike Rose. But in order to respect someone's opinion of anyone/anything, I have to believe that it's coming from an objective standpoint. I don't believe yours is.
You know that's total crap. This is a fan site. Only a complete idiot goes to a fan site for objectivity. Its in direct contradiction of being a fan. The second you like something or consider yourself a fan - like Basketball, objectivity isn't a quest. Why watch a competition with objectivity? Its like having a Girl friend that you feel objective about. If you don't identify with competition then why do you watch it?

There are guys on one side, and there are guys on the other. The goal of the game is for one team to win. Its not to be equal, not to be balanced, not to be objective. The whole purpose of the game seeks to destroy that notion. It makes sure that, imbalance is maintained.

Funny thing is, I neither particularly like nor dislike Rose.
Sorry to throw a wrench in your objectivity quest but Rose if far from a favorite of yours and you like Tony Parker. So you base respect on objectivity but not self honesty on objectivity? Do you even respect yourself? Since you are obviously not going to answer the questions, why don't you explain this post?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8682373&postcount=39

You can't quality others when you aren't even honest with yourself. You are just a hater trying to sound big and righteous.

What do I have to take up ?

The point he made is coming of your statement. The "traps" are actually all based on some substance of facts, by the way. I selected the James comment since most on ISH would be most knowing of the subject of your stance (James being the best basketball player today) over the other 2.
You said he was on point. I am curious where?

Greg Oden 50
10-23-2013, 01:15 AM

OVERHYPE AGAIN

JMT
10-23-2013, 10:43 AM
Durant and Harden aren't on the same team and weren't when Harden got 10 FTA per game.

Why not answer the questions then?

You know that's total crap. This is a fan site. Only a complete idiot goes to a fan site for objectivity. Its in direct contradiction of being a fan. The second you like something or consider yourself a fan - like Basketball, objectivity isn't a quest. Why watch a competition with objectivity? Its like having a Girl friend that you feel objective about. If you don't identify with competition then why do you watch it?

There are guys on one side, and there are guys on the other. The goal of the game is for one team to win. Its not to be equal, not to be balanced, not to be objective. The whole purpose of the game seeks to destroy that notion. It makes sure that, imbalance is maintained.

Sorry to throw a wrench in your objectivity quest but Rose if far from a favorite of yours and you like Tony Parker. So you base respect on objectivity but not self honesty on objectivity? Do you even respect yourself? Since you are obviously not going to answer the questions, why don't you explain this post?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8682373&postcount=39

You can't quality others when you aren't even honest with yourself. You are just a hater trying to sound big and righteous.

Why not answer the questions? Questions that I perceive as coming from a biased viewpoint that have nothing to do with my original objection? Why would I?

Yes, it is a fan site, but there are many posters who are capable of giving what I think are pretty objective opinions. Maybe you are one of those when it pertains to someone other than Rose. But in his case, I don't think so.

Wow, you're really consumed with this. In that quote I said Rose was "far from a favorite". I don't see any comment about Parker who has never been a particular "favorite" either. I have a few favorite players, but 90% of the league are guys that play... some well, some not so well, some great at times...and for whom I have no particular affinity. Rose, Parker, and lots of others fall in that group. I can admire their play when they're going good and critique it when they're not. But I don't require the unnatural man love that you apparently do.

I wasn't going to respond further but since this is apparently so important to you, so all consuming that you'd search random posts looking for something, anything that you thought somehow buoyed your argument, I figured I'd give it one last shot.

But in the end, this is a ridiculous exercise. What you've never seemed to grasp is that my issue was never with Rose. It was with your inability to be objective and unbiased in your assessment, which makes it worthless to me. And BTW, that's what the other poster was referring to in support of my post.

Keep beating that dead horse if you like. I'm done.

Pointguard
10-23-2013, 12:01 PM
Why not answer the questions? Questions that I perceive as coming from a biased viewpoint that have nothing to do with my original objection? Why would I?

Yes, it is a fan site, but there are many posters who are capable of giving what I think are pretty objective opinions. Maybe you are one of those when it pertains to someone other than Rose. But in his case, I don't think so.
Objective opinions is an oxymoron. Its an opinion site. Nothing more nothing less. All questions are biased here.

Wow, you're really consumed with this. In that quote I said Rose was "far from a favorite". I don't see any comment about Parker who has never been a particular "favorite" either. I have a few favorite players, but 90% of the league are guys that play... some well, some not so well, some great at times...and for whom I have no particular affinity. Rose, Parker, and lots of others fall in that group. I can admire their play when they're going good and critique it when they're not. But I don't require the unnatural man love that you apparently do.
In these post I have been going at you, and not for Rose. I think you're having trouble with the energy here. I like basketball Rose is one of my favorite players and contributes to the extra curricula community work I do. He's good people. Down to earth. He is who he is with no airs about him that I catch. I just find it funny that people come to the board, behind a computer screen, with no pressure and put on airs.

I wasn't going to respond further but since this is apparently so important to you, so all consuming that you'd search random posts looking for something, anything that you thought somehow buoyed your argument, I figured I'd give it one last shot.

But in the end, this is a ridiculous exercise. What you've never seemed to grasp is that my issue was never with Rose. It was with your inability to be objective and unbiased in your assessment, which makes it worthless to me. And BTW, that's what the other poster was referring to in support of my post.

Keep beating that dead horse if you like. I'm done.
Its an opinion site, not a site people go to for objectivity, socratic law or the balance of scales. Even NBA.com is not like that. If you are a hater, and you are, its ok - though you seem a bit old for that. I don't bother most known haters (Number Six) like I do you here because you are pretending to act like you are objective correction officer on an opinion site. If you have an opinion its great if you can back it up. Facts are usually only in stats which are not adequate enough to really work with, at least, certainly not for a complete story.

It makes way more sense that I ask you to back up your opinion than it does for you to ask I go through some perceived objectivity reality that doesn't work on opinion sites.

Legends66NBA7
10-23-2013, 08:52 PM

Read the post he quoted from you when I mentioned to the poster that said he was just arguing for the sake of arguing, but really he was on point about what he was saying.