PDA

View Full Version : Bill Russell arrested and released after bringing a gun to a Seattle airport

Basketball Fan
10-19-2013, 12:52 AM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/19/report-nba-legend-bill-russell-arrested-and-released-after-bringing-a-gun-to-seattle-airport/

[QUOTE]Report: NBA legend Bill Russell arrested and released after bringing a gun to Seattle airport

NBA legend Bill Russell was arrested on Friday after bringing a handgun into a prohibited area at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.

The details, from KIRO in Seattle:

Russell, who won 11 NBA championships with the Boston Celtics and coached the Seattle Supersonics and Sacramento Kings, had a permit for the gun and was released. His background check was clear, an airport spokesman said.

Russell

LongLiveTheKing
10-19-2013, 12:53 AM
Bill Russell is a thug.

JellyBean
10-19-2013, 12:56 AM
What, this legend thinks he is George Zimmerman?

KyleKong
10-19-2013, 12:56 AM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/george-stephanopoulos-thinks-Bill-Russell-Morgan-Freeman.jpg

Spaulding
10-19-2013, 01:05 AM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/george-stephanopoulos-thinks-Bill-Russell-Morgan-Freeman.jpg

:roll: i remember that

D.J.
10-19-2013, 01:08 AM
WTF? :roll: Dude is almost 80 and bringing a gun to the airport.

CavaliersFTW
10-19-2013, 01:13 AM
I thought for sure this was going to be some sort of fake or joke story :eek: :wtf:

magnax1
10-19-2013, 01:14 AM
Is he senile?

DuMa
10-19-2013, 01:15 AM
badass

Ass Dan
10-19-2013, 01:19 AM
Kobe would have gotten through security with his gun.

Russell = overrated

Wouldn't have won shit without stacked teams.

Budadiiii
10-19-2013, 01:21 AM
Degenerate thug. Scum. Greedy, violent, malevolent, vengeful, cowardly, deadly, mendacious, meretricious, loathsome, despicable, belligerent, opportunistic, barratrous, contemptible, criminal, fascistic, bigoted, racist, sexist, avaricious, tasteless, idiotic, brain-damaged, imbecilic, insane, arrogant, deceitful, demented, lame, self-righteous, byzantine, conspiratorial, fraudulent, libelous, bilious, splenetic, spastic, ignorant, clueless, EDLINoid, illegitimate, harmful, destructive, dumb, evasive, double-talking, devious, revisionist, narrow, manipulative, paternalistic, fundamentalist, dogmatic, idolatrous, unethical, cultic, diseased, suppressive, controlling, restrictive, malignant, deceptive, dim, crazy, weird, dyspeptic, stifling, uncaring, plantigrade, grim, unsympathetic, jargon-spouting, censorious, secretive, aggressive, mind-numbing, arassive, poisonous, flagrant, self-destructive, abusive, socially-retarded, puerile piece of shit.

fpliii
10-19-2013, 01:26 AM
GOAT doing work...

ProfessorMurder
10-19-2013, 01:36 AM
I thought everybody that played back then was soft? Russ is still walking around strapped.

:pimp:

Bigsmoke
10-19-2013, 02:28 AM
I thought everybody that played back then was soft? Russ is still walking around strapped.

:pimp:

After all, he is from Oakland:lol

russwest0
10-19-2013, 02:47 AM
They asked him what he was afraid of, to which he responded "not a goddamn thing."

:rockon:

All Net
10-19-2013, 02:50 AM
Arenas style.

Lakers Legend#32
10-19-2013, 04:53 AM
Bill, lose that nasty beard.

jongib369
10-19-2013, 04:54 AM
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100325144446/miamivice/images/a/a0/Billrussellmv.jpg

senelcoolidge
10-19-2013, 05:06 AM
Well we know he is pro gun and pro second amendment.

jongib369
10-19-2013, 05:09 AM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/19/report-nba-legend-bill-russell-arrested-and-released-after-bringing-a-gun-to-seattle-airport/
http://youtu.be/tTMuT_b26os?t=4m8s

Not surprised considering his past.

robert de niro
10-19-2013, 09:31 AM
:roll: :roll:

Haymaker
10-19-2013, 09:39 AM
You can take the man out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the man. Russell grew up in a rough place, he knows what's up. Can't lower your guard around the states.

3peated
10-19-2013, 09:58 AM
Is he senile?

no he isn't. every state has different gun laws, i'm pretty certain he has a concealed carry liscenses, and he just didnt understand the differences in this location. this is a very liberal state and thats why gun laws are stricter

CelticBaller
10-19-2013, 09:59 AM
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100325144446/miamivice/images/a/a0/Billrussellmv.jpg
:lol

kidd2dwill
10-19-2013, 10:10 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1382844_566996540033977_995135465_n.jpg

La Frescobaldi
10-19-2013, 10:50 AM
Yeah all the funny sh!t in this thread is good.
But he's like just about all those older guys that are well known/ famous. Lots of em - from Bob Dylan to Russell to famous authors like Clancy, actors like Steve McQueen, Eastwood etc. - packed back in the day and they still carry protection. A guy like Ted Nugent gets press for shooting off his mouth about 2nd Amendment but he speaks for vast majority from that time frame.

There's a real old Sports Illustrated article where Chamberlain flat states Russell threatened him with a pistol. Was it a joke? He played it off like one but who knows.
Indiana Pacers back in the day were all loaded for bear so were a lot of old ABA guys. Dave DeBusschere showed up at a playground shootaround one afternoon in an old van and he had a pistole sticking out of his jeans cutoffs pocket. Nobody thought anything about it, they were rich back then just like today.

Nowadays schools all over the country are teaching elementary children they should consider their 2nd Amendment rights to be invalid and just like many other freedoms Americans have always had from day 1 they will soon lose that one too. People who think the government should run their lives will find out the truth when it actually happens.

OldSkoolball#52
10-19-2013, 11:39 AM
Nowadays schools all over the country are teaching elementary children they should consider their 2nd Amendment rights to be invalid and just like many other freedoms Americans have always had from day 1 they will soon lose that one too. People who think the government should run their lives will find out the truth when it actually happens.

Dont worry, La Fresco Baldi

As soon as a Republican gets back into the office of President, all the liberals will suddenly care about protecting the constitution again.

kennethgriffin
10-19-2013, 12:19 PM
if it was kareem he would have been sent to guantanamo bay prison for terrorists ......guess why

double standards :facepalm

Scholar
10-19-2013, 01:36 PM
Oh, wow.
I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation for him carrying a loaded gun. We don't know his daily life. Maybe he's been attacked by a crazed fan before? :confusedshrug:
I'm not going to judge him for this. He's a man, and we all make mistakes.

KyrieTheFuture
10-19-2013, 02:17 PM
Yeah all the funny sh!t in this thread is good.
But he's like just about all those older guys that are well known/ famous. Lots of em - from Bob Dylan to Russell to famous authors like Clancy, actors like Steve McQueen, Eastwood etc. - packed back in the day and they still carry protection. A guy like Ted Nugent gets press for shooting off his mouth about 2nd Amendment but he speaks for vast majority from that time frame.

There's a real old Sports Illustrated article where Chamberlain flat states Russell threatened him with a pistol. Was it a joke? He played it off like one but who knows.
Indiana Pacers back in the day were all loaded for bear so were a lot of old ABA guys. Dave DeBusschere showed up at a playground shootaround one afternoon in an old van and he had a pistole sticking out of his jeans cutoffs pocket. Nobody thought anything about it, they were rich back then just like today.

That's right you stand up against the destruction of 'Merica as we know it

LAZERUSS
10-19-2013, 03:55 PM
As a longtime Wilt fan, I always knew that this day would come. That Russell has been plotting a hijacking for some 50+ years, and this was the day he was going to spring it upon on all of us. The skies are much safer now.

SamuraiSWISH
10-19-2013, 03:58 PM
Bill Russell has always seemed like such a weirdo to me.

CavaliersFTW
10-19-2013, 04:03 PM
Bill Russell has always seemed like such a weirdo to me.
Coming from the guy who frequently posts about MJ's d*ck. :facepalm

SamuraiSWISH
10-19-2013, 04:05 PM
Coming from the guy who frequently posts about MJ's d*ck. :facepalm
:durantunimpressed:

Doesn't understand sarcasm. Get out more, kiddo. Interact with real people.

josh99
10-19-2013, 04:38 PM
:durantunimpressed:

Doesn't understand sarcasm. Get out more, kiddo. Interact with real people.
That's the worse use of sarcasm I have ever read. Nice attempt at a save though...

Legends66NBA7
10-19-2013, 11:20 PM
[QUOTE]Russell

wakencdukest
10-20-2013, 12:58 AM
In this day and age it's hard to believe any american citizen is dumb enough to carry a loaded gun into an airport. Good job Bill:facepalm

Basketball Fan
10-20-2013, 12:22 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9854294/nba-legend-bill-russell-apologizes-airport-gun-arrest

Bill Russell releases apology

NBA legend Bill Russell has apologized for his arrest last week at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport after a loaded gun was found in his carry-on luggage.

"Before boarding my flight from Seattle to Boston, I had accidentally left a legal firearm in my bag," Russell said in a statement. "I apologize and truly regret the mistake.

"I was issued a citation by the TSA, whose agents couldn't have been more thorough and professional when dealing with this. I really appreciate their efforts to keep air travel safe."

The Transportation Security Administration says airport police arrested Russell on Wednesday night at a security screening after agents noticed a .38-caliber Smith & Wesson pistol in his carry-on bag.

TSA spokeswoman Lori Dankers says Russell was turned over to Port of Seattle police and cited on a state charge of having a weapon in a prohibited area. Russell had a permit for the gun, which was loaded with six rounds and confiscated, and he was released, according to Dankers.

Airline passengers are permitted to travel with firearms only in checked baggage. They must be stored properly and unloaded.

NumberSix
10-20-2013, 02:02 PM
Who's the man with the master plan?

longtime lurker
10-20-2013, 02:08 PM
Bill Russell stays strapped. He's not someone you wanna mess with

NumberSix
10-20-2013, 02:14 PM
Bill Russell stays strapped. He's not someone you wanna mess with
And his heat goes BOOM!

kNIOKAS
10-21-2013, 08:11 AM
Still packin that heat, son.

CeltsGarlic
10-21-2013, 09:48 AM
He just had some unfinished business.

DukeDelonte13
10-21-2013, 10:03 AM
no he isn't. every state has different gun laws, i'm pretty certain he has a concealed carry liscenses, and he just didnt understand the differences in this location. this is a very liberal state and thats why gun laws are stricter

:wtf:

taking a gun to an airport is illegal everywhere and it always has been illegal.

The guy is probably slipping mentally a little bit.

HurricaneKid
10-21-2013, 10:44 AM
Lol @ everyone who is suggesting the mean liberals are at fault. You cannot carry a gun onto any plane in the country. Are you serious??? You think they take my sun tan lotion but you should be able to carry a gun onto a pressurized aluminum compartment that is a mile above ground?

Yeesh.