PDA

View Full Version : Why are Clippers and their fans jealours of Lakers and their fans...

9erempiree
10-19-2013, 10:04 PM
I see a lot of anger, frustration, jelly, insecurity and madness among the Clipper organization and fans towards the Lakers and their fans.

In recent news of this frustration and jealousy, Clippers coach Doc Rivers has decided to cover up the Lakers championship banner and retired numbers during Clipper home games, or should I say Clipper rent-a-home games, in an arena that Kobe built.

The travesty from anger......
http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnbaexperts/LACLAL101913.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq76raLCpIk

If you mad, you should earn banners of your own.

Jameerthefear
10-19-2013, 10:06 PM
Why would they be? Right now Clippers>>>Lakers

9erempiree
10-19-2013, 10:09 PM

Lakers and Clippers both made the playoffs last year.

There wasn't a time they were better than the Lakers.

qrich
10-19-2013, 10:09 PM
We are very jealous you have Clipper scraps playing big minutes.

Insecure dumbasses, such as yourself, don't understand what marketing means. This should have been done ages ago.

Oh and by the way, the Lakers rent Staples as well, so nice try there. Plus, it is the house Shaq built and, iirc, it was QRich who scored the first hoop.

JimmyMcAdocious
10-19-2013, 10:11 PM
Little brother syndrome

9erempiree
10-19-2013, 10:13 PM
We are very jealous you have Clipper scraps playing big minutes.

Insecure dumbasses, such as yourself, don't understand what marketing means. This should have been done ages ago.

Oh and by the way, the Lakers rent Staples as well, so nice try there. Plus, it is the house Shaq built and, iirc, it was QRich who scored the first hoop.

LOL @ marketing.

The reason why the Clippers are an organization is because they share an arena with the Lakers. Before that, nobody knew the city had 2 teams. Lakers were the Clippers' best marketing strategy.

I don't see how banners of scrubs is a better marketing tool than a bunch of banners. Banners, whether it be the Lakers, help market the Clippers than those guys.

ROFL @ a Clipper fan calling a Laker fan insecure when the Lakers have many championships.

qrich
10-19-2013, 10:15 PM
LOL @ marketing.

The reason why the Clippers are an organization is because they share an arena with the Lakers. Before that, nobody knew the city had 2 teams. Lakers were the Clippers' best marketing strategy.

I don't see how banners of scrubs is a better marketing tool than a bunch of banners. Banners, whether it be the Lakers, help market the Clippers than those guys.

ROFL @ a Clipper fan calling a Laker fan insecure when the Lakers have many championships.

Of course you don't. You are the resident idiot along with Kenneth and Tony.

Enjoy having Chris Kaman and Sushi play 28 minutes a night. Maybe you can sneak into the 7th or 8th seed and win a game.

I<3NBA
10-19-2013, 10:19 PM
the only thing Kobe built is a house of bricks.

qrich
10-19-2013, 10:21 PM
the only thing Kobe built is a house of bricks.

Maybe those bricks built Staples and that is what the OP was referring too?

Pacquiao
10-19-2013, 10:27 PM
The Knicks and Clippers will not win a championship in this entire CENTURY.

TheMilkyBarKid
10-19-2013, 11:24 PM
So Kobe built the staples center...
In other news he drove the snakes out of Ireland.

ispin69
10-19-2013, 11:52 PM
Let's be real here....championships are not everything
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?postcount=1&p=8771928

More Retardation
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?postcount=1&p=8228451
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?postcount=1&p=8075509

senelcoolidge
10-20-2013, 12:26 AM
"Ringz, ringz", that's the typical low I.Q. answer from laker fans. I don't think the Clippers are worried about the lakers. The lakers are old news. The Clippers have their own identity.

coin24
10-20-2013, 12:33 AM

Didn't they both lose in the first round last season:confusedshrug:

G-Funk
10-20-2013, 12:48 AM
Do the Lakers cover up the Clippers'?

O nvm

wakencdukest
10-20-2013, 01:05 AM
Why wouldn't they cover up all the banners and retired jerseys? They share the arena and I'm sure the players look at the long history of division, conference, and league titles, along with all the retired jerseys and it probably bothers the shit out of them to see that on their home court.

MMM
10-20-2013, 01:10 AM
Didn't they both lose in the first round last season:confusedshrug:

when did teams that lost in the same round meant they were equal???
Clippers were better than the Lakers last season, have been better for awhile, and will continue to be better for the foreseeable future. With that being said it might not mean much but Laker fans look insecure when they can't admit that the Clippers are better at the moment.

coin24
10-20-2013, 01:15 AM
when did teams that lost in the same round meant they were equal???
Clippers were better than the Lakers last season, have been better for awhile, and will continue to be better for the foreseeable future. With that being said it might not mean much but Laker fans look insecure when they can't admit that the Clippers are better at the moment.

I would say they have better potential right now, as demonstrated last season they didn't achieve much with it..
I'm not scared or jealous of the clippers, couldn't really give a shit to be honest. It's mainly the standard laker haters talking shit on here..

MMM
10-20-2013, 01:22 AM
I would say they have better potential right now, as demonstrated last season they didn't achieve much with it..
I'm not scared or jealous of the clippers, couldn't really give a shit to be honest. It's mainly the standard laker haters talking shit on here..

Thread was made by a Laker fan not a hater

Clippers are better and have been better, yea they haven't done much with it but ignoring that they were better is insecure

BTW i'm a Celtics fan and we went out in the same round as LAC but we were a terrible team last season similar caliber to the Lakers. Low seeded team that was out classed in the playoffs.

coin24
10-20-2013, 01:32 AM
Thread was made by a Laker fan not a hater

Clippers are better and have been better, yea they haven't done much with it but ignoring that they were better is insecure

BTW i'm a Celtics fan and we went out in the same round as LAC but we were a terrible team last season similar caliber to the Lakers. Low seeded team that was out classed in the playoffs.

Debatable if he's a laker fan:oldlol:

Personally I just want to see the lakers rebuild quickly, don't care about the clippers. If they're uncomfortable with all the lakers' previous success and don't want to live in there shadows then find another arena..

MMM
10-20-2013, 01:36 AM
Debatable if he's a laker fan:oldlol:

Personally I just want to see the lakers rebuild quickly, don't care about the clippers. If they're uncomfortable with all the lakers' previous success and don't want to live in there shadows then find another arena..

Agree but it is not surprising that they would want to cover up banners. The Jets/Giants share a building and have been covering up the other team's posters since they moved into MetLife. No reason why Lakers banners should be displayed during a Clipper game.

b0bab0i
10-20-2013, 01:53 AM

2006 bro, look it up.
Lakers choked a 3-1 lead in playoffs and lost to suns.

9erempiree
10-20-2013, 01:55 AM
2006 bro, look it up.

I agree but your statement has nothing to do with what's going on.

9erempiree
10-20-2013, 01:58 AM
What's next? Covering up statues up front?

just_NONchalant
10-20-2013, 02:20 AM
from a business perspective the clippers should have done this ages ago.

There is no reason to advertise another team (especially a competitor) during your home games.

If you owned carl's jr franchise, you wouldn't have posters advertising mcdonald's in your store.

Droid101
10-20-2013, 02:22 AM
If you owned carl's jr franchise, you wouldn't have posters advertising mcdonald's in your store.
Unless you know more people go in McDonald's restaurants, of course.

9erempiree
10-20-2013, 02:27 AM
from a business perspective the clippers should have done this ages ago.

There is no reason to advertise another team (especially a competitor) during your home games.

Well in this case, the Carls JR business is in a McDonalds' building. They can leave but won't.

just_NONchalant
10-20-2013, 02:33 AM
Well in this case, the Carls JR business is in a McDonalds' building. They can leave but won't.

Even if the carl's jr business is in a mcdonald's building, doesnt mean the carls jr have to advertise for mcdonald in their resturant. As long as rent is paid, they can use the area however they want. However the situation you mentioned is wrong.

The situation is more like both Carls JR and Mcdonald pay rent in the same plaza. You can say that the landlord of the plaza has a minority stake in the Mcdonald, but that still doesn't mean Mcdonald controls the plaza.

qrich
10-20-2013, 02:34 AM

No, in this case, they would both be in a Burger King building.

More stupid statements by one of the worst posters on the cyber world.

9erempiree
10-20-2013, 03:11 AM
Let's face it....Kobe and the Lakers built Staples. Do you really think that place was put up for those other teams?

Not only are Clipper fans jelly but they are thirsty by being salty from their tears.:facepalm

clipps
10-20-2013, 04:47 AM
The seats are purple because of the LA Kings. Not because of the Lakers dumbass. Plus, who started this thread. A salty Lakers Kobe Dick munching fHpaggot fan. Clippers fans win.

Next.

9erempiree
10-20-2013, 05:15 AM
The seats are purple because of the LA Kings. Not because of the Lakers dumbass. Plus, who started this thread. A salty Lakers Kobe Dick munching fHpaggot fan. Clippers fans win.

Next.

Exhibit A ^^^^^

...of a Clipper fan that is angry at me, Laker fan.

clipps
10-20-2013, 07:09 AM
Exhibit A ^^^^^

...of a Clipper fan that is angry at me, Laker fan.

Exhibit A. ^^^^

Of a Lakers fan that makes infants want to kill themselves.

9erempiree
10-20-2013, 07:14 AM
Exhibit A. ^^^^

Of a Lakers fan that makes infants want to kill themselves.

You are basically that stereotypical Clipper fan that I am talking about. Mad, angry and defensive. You are giving your fanbase a bad name.

It's like we are at a bar and you come at me angry because I have my autograph jersey on while you are wearing a replica. It doesn't matter what colors we have on, you should be able to buy me a drink of my choice.

:cheers:

This.

Doranku
10-20-2013, 07:44 AM
You'd think the Clippers would do this when they're in the process of making the next step, but they're still the same loser team led by the same loser players (CP3 and Griffin).

It's okay, though. They'll have a nice Pacific Division banner and second round exit to put in place of all the Laker banners. :oldlol:

9erempiree
10-20-2013, 07:52 AM
As a Clipper fan I would be embarrassed. Why draw any more attention to the crappy history by covering up another team's success.

gts
10-20-2013, 12:31 PM
This is a non story. But lets get some facts out there

AEG owns 30% of the Lakers
AEG owns Staples, the Lakers themselves own about 20% of Staples, they do not pay rent. In lieu of rent the Lakers and AEG struck a deal when Staples was built where %s of ownership stakes were traded. In essence the Lakers are the Clippers landlords.

The Clippers had to get permission from the AEG/Lakers to cover up the banners.

All that being said I see no problem with it at all and wonder what took so long? When a business rents a commercial building they are allowed to put up their signage

gts
10-20-2013, 12:32 PM
As a Clipper fan I would be embarrassed. Why draw any more attention to the crappy history by covering up another team's success.

As a Laker fan I'm embarrassed by you. You really are an idiot

Bandito
10-20-2013, 12:44 PM
Of course you don't. You are the resident idiot along with Kenneth and Tony.

Enjoy having Chris Kaman and Sushi play 28 minutes a night. Maybe you can sneak into the 7th or 8th seed and win a game.
Better than being a second seed and losing in the first round:lol

9erempiree
10-20-2013, 12:46 PM
As a Laker fan I'm embarrassed by you. You really are an idiot

This is why people say Laker fans are bandwagoners. Shouldn't you go root for the Miami Heat.

Real Laker fans are not ok with covering up the banners.

BoutPractice
10-20-2013, 12:47 PM
Because the Clippers are the Clippers and the Lakers the Lakers. No one will question which is the superior organization... which doesn't mean the Clippers won't perform better than the Lakers this season, because they will.

Bandito
10-20-2013, 12:49 PM
2006 bro, look it up.
But let's nor pretend the Lakers were better than the Suns that year either.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-20-2013, 01:04 PM
I'm a Clippers fan and even I feel some of our fans act like barking chihuahuas. :oldlol:

Trash talk comes with the territory, though.

KyleKong
10-20-2013, 01:11 PM

0-4.

wakencdukest
10-20-2013, 01:22 PM
This is why people say Laker fans are bandwagoners. Shouldn't you go root for the Miami Heat.

Real Laker fans are not ok with covering up the banners.

C'mon man. Real Laker fans aren't offended by this, because we know the history. You can't really blame the Clippers for doing this, who would want to advertise another teams success on their home court? They'll get their own arena one day (probably when that cheap piece of shit-Sterling dies and they get a new owner) and they'll be able to hang their own banners. Until then it's not unreasonable to cover the banners during Clipper home games.

ispin69
10-20-2013, 01:32 PM
Let's face it, all Faker stans have right now is:
MUH HISTORY MUH OLD RANGS.
MUH CAP SPACE MUH PRAYERS SOMEONE WILL COME PLAY WITH KOME

It's pretty pathetic what their team has become and what little future it has with no young legit athletic players. It's too easy to laugh at them with their failed championship flight season last year and this years disgrace of a roster.

Brokenbeat
10-20-2013, 02:41 PM
C'mon man. Real Laker fans aren't offended by this, because we know the history. You can't really blame the Clippers for doing this, who would want to advertise another teams success on their home court? They'll get their own arena one day (probably when that cheap piece of shit-Sterling dies and they get a new owner) and they'll be able to hang their own banners. Until then it's not unreasonable to cover the banners during Clipper home games.

*Banner (that's the singular form of the noun)

qrich
10-20-2013, 05:14 PM
Better than being a second seed and losing in the first round:lol

So losing 1-4 in the first round as a lower seed would be better than losing 3-4 as the second seed, though that hasn't occurred? Thinking about it, neither did since it was a sweep job that did it last year :oldlol:

But hey, while Kaman averages 12 points off the bench, and takes 9 shots to do so, and Nick Young with 18 points, on 14 shots, it would be nothing new for you guys, so Kobe prepped you well for bricks at least.

9erempiree
10-20-2013, 07:12 PM
You are basically that stereotypical Clipper fan that I am talking about. Mad, angry and defensive. You are giving your fanbase a bad name.

It's like we are at a bar and you come at me angry because I have my autograph jersey on while you are wearing a replica. It doesn't matter what colors we have on, you should be able to buy me a drink of my choice.

:cheers:

this.

rock la familia
10-21-2013, 12:58 AM
http://www.insidesocal.com/tomhoffarth/files/2013/06/BNzPa6DCUAA7s9V.jpg-large.jpg

http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/dm_130626_Lakers_Unveil_Banner_Pleading_Dwight_How ard_To_Stay.jpg

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/black-sports-online-stay-banners-for-Dwight-Howard-in-LA.jpg

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/black-sports-online-stay-d12.png

http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/dwight1.jpg

I see a lot of anger, frustration, jelly, insecurity and madness among the Clipper organization and fans towards the Lakers and their fans.

In recent news of this frustration and jealousy, Clippers coach Doc Rivers has decided to cover up the Lakers championship banner and retired numbers during Clipper home games, or should I say Clipper rent-a-home games, in an arena that Kobe built.

The travesty from anger......
http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnbaexperts/LACLAL101913.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq76raLCpIk

If you mad, you should earn banners of your own.

akts
10-21-2013, 02:32 AM
I am a Lakers fan and this is not jealousy to me.They are trying to let their fans know that this is their house as well.

It is a franchise coach who has to instill a different psychological hold on his players. He s instilling a whole new way of thinking into them.

If it happens to make the news and make it look like they are disrespecting the other guy in the process, I am sure they are cool in doing so.

The Clippers have had the talent to be the so called better team for 2 years and now going on the third and have not had great results. They did the next step. Getting a coach who is supposed to get you there. The problem is that Thibs ran his defense that won that championship and I have to wait and see if who is running the clips D can get that area done for them. I have not seen the Clips run great D. They have been about outscoring and highlight reels.

If anyone can get them on that right mentality Rivers can, but making them play high level of D will be interesting.

While us Lakers are in rebuld ( Just TANK BABY!! ) mode the clips are in we better win now as they are on the clock. t's supposed to be their time to shine and step up.

In any case they are fun as hell to watch. Especially when them and the Warriors go at it.

disel
10-21-2013, 04:09 AM
Clippers got two superstars in there primes, a host of great role players and a great coach. The fakers got choke cryant who is on his way to senior land, Gasol who dont want to take a paycut so he'll be gone next season, a terrible coach and a terrible team.

9erempiree
10-21-2013, 01:54 PM
A lot of mad and angry Clipper fans. All I ask is why are they jealous and all I got are responses of how the Lakers suck this year.

One year doesn't take 16 banners away.

I will play this game too, if the Clippers are so talented and that much better than the Lakers then how come they both got eliminated so early in the playoffs last year?

russwest0
10-21-2013, 01:56 PM

How? Both were first round exits

Crown&Coke
10-21-2013, 02:16 PM
Clippers home court, they want to cover the banners go ahead. Don't bother me one bit.

But it does kick me in the shin that it's Doc Rivers idea. i dislike that guy, and that won't change unless he finds a cure for a disease or saves a drowning kid or something heroic like that

Well, if he features DJ in the post for the a handfull of possessions a game that might do it too. DJ is fluid down there. he just needs a counter move and someone that will give him confidence by calling the play (might have to be CP3). And that will make him focus for a full 48 too. He likes to forget he's playing for a couple mins a game

ralph_i_el
10-21-2013, 02:59 PM
People that act like they're better than other people because the sports team they are a fan of has a better history are very sad aren't they?

devin112
10-21-2013, 03:30 PM
People that act like they're better than other people because the sports team they are a fan of has a better history are very sad aren't they?

EXACTLY! I always crack up when I see some fat loser brag about "our championships" lol haha they latch on a good team and somehow it makes them feel better about their lives. Gives them something to live for, feel proud about. kinda sad really.

wakencdukest
10-21-2013, 08:57 PM

The OP is trolling the shit out of you Clipper fans, one guy. It's impressive how much Laker hate can be generated by one guy.

Legends66NBA7
10-21-2013, 09:04 PM
The OP is trolling the shit out of you Clipper fans, one guy. It's impressive how much Laker hate can be generated by one guy.

This.

9er makes it obvious, but people continue with the thread.

Replay32
10-21-2013, 09:20 PM
Who care's? Real lakers fans don't care about what the Clippers are doing at there home games. If they want a "Clipper Atmosphere", then they have the right to have it.

Replay32
10-21-2013, 09:21 PM
Let's face it....Kobe and the Lakers built Staples. Do you really think that place was put up for those other teams?

Not only are Clipper fans jelly but they are thirsty by being salty from their tears.:facepalm

Where you around when shaq came here (to LA)?

b0bab0i
10-21-2013, 10:26 PM
I am a Lakers fan and this is not jealousy to me.They are trying to let their fans know that this is their house as well.

It is a franchise coach who has to instill a different psychological hold on his players. He s instilling a whole new way of thinking into them.

If it happens to make the news and make it look like they are disrespecting the other guy in the process, I am sure they are cool in doing so.

The Clippers have had the talent to be the so called better team for 2 years and now going on the third and have not had great results. They did the next step. Getting a coach who is supposed to get you there. The problem is that Thibs ran his defense that won that championship and I have to wait and see if who is running the clips D can get that area done for them. I have not seen the Clips run great D. They have been about outscoring and highlight reels.

If anyone can get them on that right mentality Rivers can, but making them play high level of D will be interesting.

While us Lakers are in rebuld ( Just TANK BABY!! ) mode the clips are in we better win now as they are on the clock. t's supposed to be their time to shine and step up.

In any case they are fun as hell to watch. Especially when them and the Warriors go at it.
Doc is focusing most of his energy on Defense. Alvin Gentry is in charge of the Clippers offense.