PDA

View Full Version : Which English accent sounds the worst?

Scholar
10-20-2013, 03:19 PM
Only choose between countries that have English as its first language, such as the United States, Australia, the United Kingdom, etc.
And in the USA, each region has different accents, so you can pick one between them all if you'd like (eg. Bostonian accent, deep South accent, Californian accent, etc.)

Bucket_Nakedz
10-20-2013, 03:28 PM
don't care for white sounding accents. asians can be brutal. but da best to me is...

1. jamaican patois - coolest

2. hawaiian pidgeon - dialect i grew up hearing from parents and family

3. african american vernicalur - dialect i grew up that i personally use

4. puerto rican/dominican/cuban - cuz da ladies

Scholar
10-20-2013, 03:35 PM
I have to agree with The Macho Man. It's definitely the English of the Scotts. I struggle understanding anything they say.

don't care for white sounding accents.

Wow.. :facepalm

Cherry Picker
10-20-2013, 03:36 PM
Scouse

Bucket_Nakedz
10-20-2013, 03:36 PM
I have to agree with The Macho Man. It's definitely the English of the Scotts. I struggle understanding anything they say.

Wow.. :facepalm
wow what, nigguh?

KobesFinger
10-20-2013, 04:04 PM
England and America don't have one accent. For example, my very mild Birmingham (UK) accent is very different from a Scouse (Liverpool) or even Sandwell accent which is right next to Birmingham.

DukeDelonte13
10-20-2013, 04:10 PM
bahston

East_Stone_Ya
10-20-2013, 04:11 PM
people around Newcastle, UK...got pulled over by cops didn't understand a single ****ing thing

RagaZ
10-20-2013, 04:54 PM
Geordies, Scots.

outbreak
10-20-2013, 05:31 PM
geordies and scotts, fake australian accents from U.S shows are pretty terrible as well but then again fake U.S accents by british and australian actors are usually terrible too. Probably the worst accent ever is Isla Fisher trying to do an american accent, I really don't understand how she is in movies when she switches back and forth between accents and just mangles every single scene. It's gotten to the point where me and my girlfriend can't concentrate a movie anymore it's that bad

G-Funk
10-20-2013, 05:56 PM
Australia

nightprowler10
10-20-2013, 05:58 PM
Scottish by fvking far
This. I have some Scottish family that I cannot understand, ever. I vacationed in Glasgow a few years ago and the only place I understood the staff's English was when I went to one of the 5 million Pakistani restaurants.

Scholar
10-20-2013, 06:01 PM
geordies and scotts, fake australian accents from U.S shows are pretty terrible as well but then again fake U.S accents by british and australian actors are usually terrible too. Probably the worst accent ever is Isla Fisher trying to do an american accent, I really don't understand how she is in movies when she switches back and forth between accents and just mangles every single scene. It's gotten to the point where me and my girlfriend can't concentrate a movie anymore it's that bad

Is it her accent or are you not able to concentrate because she looks like this:

http://i3.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/lens2377287_1234118200isla_fisher_2.jpg

?

Maybe the accent is just the excuse to your g/f for why you haven't been following the dialogue, eh? It's ok. We all do it from time to time.

outbreak
10-20-2013, 06:05 PM
Is it her accent or are you not able to concentrate because she looks like this:

http://i3.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/lens2377287_1234118200isla_fisher_2.jpg

?

Maybe the accent is just the excuse to your g/f for why you haven't been following the dialogue, eh? It's ok. We all do it from time to time.

Sorry don't find her attractive at all.....

PHX_Phan
10-20-2013, 07:53 PM
Boston/Jersey/New York

red1
10-20-2013, 08:42 PM
don't care for white sounding accents. asians can be brutal. but da best to me is...

By far. Jamaicans are the most naturally cool people on earth and a big part of it is the way they talk.

miller-time
10-20-2013, 08:52 PM
Australia

Depends. The more middle and upper class Australians aren't so bad (like Jesse Spencer on House) but the bogans are dreadful (like Trent from Punchy). Steve Irwin is kind of in the middle, his accent isn't that good, but he was pretty awesome so it works.

outbreak
10-20-2013, 09:16 PM
Depends. The more middle and upper class Australians aren't so bad (like Jesse Spencer on House) but the bogans are dreadful (like Trent from Punchy). Steve Irwin is kind of in the middle, his accent isn't that good, but he was pretty awesome so it works.

steve irwins accent is exaggerated though, as are most of them in U.S shows

b1imtf
10-20-2013, 09:17 PM
Scousers and rednecks

Horde of Temujin
10-20-2013, 09:22 PM
American West Coast, yuppie/hipster New York, so bland.

T-Time3
10-20-2013, 09:57 PM
fookin' scottish. can't understand anything, at all

dunksby
10-21-2013, 03:57 AM
Seriously nobody has mentioned South African accent? I was stunned the first 10 minutes of District 9, that was like the most puzzling 10 minutes of my life in a movie theater :lol

Dresta
10-21-2013, 03:59 AM

What the **** is that?

Raymond
10-21-2013, 05:55 AM
Definitely East Coast American

Bucket_Nakedz
10-21-2013, 06:43 AM
What the **** is that?
when white people speaketh. u dig? but for native english countries, id have to say the urban british slang. that shiet is terrible.

Scholar
10-21-2013, 06:45 AM
What the **** is that?

Right? That's what confused me, too.

Which accent does he think is exclusive to whites? :facepalm

Bucket_Nakedz
10-21-2013, 06:48 AM

theres too many variables, bro. so im gonna generalize, cuz das what me murricans do

fiddy
10-21-2013, 07:24 AM
Cant stand any of the british accents.

JtotheIzzo
10-21-2013, 10:24 AM

So youre a Filipino kid who wishes he was black. That explains so much.

Thanks for filling us in.

Hokie Midwestern is the worst (think Fargo).

$LakerGold
10-21-2013, 10:33 AM
Not racist, but African-English accents are bad. Chinese-English is very funny, though.

dunksby
10-21-2013, 11:16 AM

Yaaaaaaaah!

Swaggin916
10-21-2013, 02:12 PM
people around Newcastle, UK...got pulled over by cops didn't understand a single ****ing thing

Dude yea some of them are harder to understand than the Scotts... and I would have to agree that they are probably he worst. Some southern (America) accents really annoy me too but really it's just specific people... they are like caricatures with ridiculous accents.

My favorite is probably Brooklyn/New York. There is just a nice rhythm and tone to it.

magic chiongson
10-21-2013, 02:23 PM
Only choose between countries that have English as its first language, such as the United States, Australia, the United Kingdom, etc.

what is the etc.? canada doesn't count btw :D

Bucket_Nakedz
10-21-2013, 04:28 PM

i am black, well, not physically, but i have a lot of ghetto tendencies. and im not filipino, though i got love for my pinoy brahz

DeuceWallaces
10-21-2013, 04:30 PM

Lol, how many times have you and your lady watched Confessions of a Shopaholic? Just wanna focus on that plot huh? :oldlol:

DeuceWallaces
10-21-2013, 04:33 PM

There are plenty of N. American accents that are spoken overwhelmingly by caucasians.

Scholar
10-21-2013, 07:04 PM
what is the etc.? canada doesn't count btw :D

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/28/English-as-Official-Language_Map.png/640px-English-as-Official-Language_Map.png