PDA

View Full Version : Durant vs. Lebron? Maybe Durant should get to Melo's level first

HoopsFanNumero1
10-21-2013, 12:12 AM
I always keep hearing that Durant is on Lebron's level or close to it. Some clowns even think he's better than Lebron. I think people are getting ahead of themselves here. Is he even better than Melo?

If one were just to consider the regular season stats exclusively, anyone would think Durant's the better player. But if you simply look at their head-to-head matchups (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=duranke01&p2=anthoca01), Melo absolutely DOMINATES Durant. It's not even close.

Melo: 30.2/6.9/3.5 on .50/.40/.85
Durant: 26.8/6.5/3.3 on .42/.38/.89

Out of 12 matchups, Melo has won 11 of them. Taking all this into account, if I were to pick a Melo-led or Durant-led team in a matchup in the playoffs, I'd always go with Melo's team.

Fudge
10-21-2013, 12:13 AM
:roll:

The Rock
10-21-2013, 12:16 AM
Top 3 Players In The Nba

1. Durant
2. Rose
3. Lebron

TheMarkMadsen
10-21-2013, 12:20 AM
Wait so your argument is that we should ignore the regular season/playoff stats and should instead look at a 12 game sample size

Are you stupid?

spacebump
10-21-2013, 12:23 AM
Maybe Melo should get to the Finals first before being compared with Durant?

HoopsFanNumero1
10-21-2013, 12:24 AM
Wait so your argument is that we should ignore the regular season/playoff stats and should instead look at a 12 game sample size

Are you stupid?

Are you? So you want to completely ignore the fact that Melo dominates Durant in every aspect in their h2h matchups?

I posed a simple question at the end. Which team would you take if these two players were to matchup in the playoffs?

Young X
10-21-2013, 12:24 AM
:durantunimpressed:

h2h matchups don't mean sh!t. What a joke. :oldlol:

dat bball iq

HoopsFanNumero1
10-21-2013, 12:25 AM
:durantunimpressed:

h2h matchups don't mean sh!t. What a joke. :oldlol:

dat bball iq

Nice. So h2h matchups are completely useless now?

If one player continuously outplays you, it doesn't mean anything?

Clowns here pissed because their favorite player gets absolutely shat on by what they consider to be an "inferior" player.

Legends66NBA7
10-21-2013, 12:26 AM
Similar example to this David Robinson vs Hakeem Olajuwon H2H.

NumberSix
10-21-2013, 12:26 AM
Current Kobes Brian > Keffin Da Rant.

Jameerthefear
10-21-2013, 12:29 AM
Current Kobes Brian > Keffin Da Rant.
Damn you try way too hard to be funny. It's like my dad is posting on ISH or something.

Seriously OP what a stupid thread. 'Melo is not better than Durant.

HoopsFanNumero1
10-21-2013, 12:30 AM
Similar example to this David Robinson vs Hakeem Olajuwon H2H.

Didn't watch them play for most of their career so can't comment on it.

Fudge
10-21-2013, 12:30 AM

Clowns here pissed because their favorite player gets absolutely shat on by what they consider to be an "inferior" player.
Pissed? We're actually laughing at you bud. :oldlol:

HoopsFanNumero1
10-21-2013, 12:32 AM
Pissed? We're actually laughing at you bud. :oldlol:

Sure :oldlol:

NumberSix
10-21-2013, 12:32 AM
Damn you try way too hard to be funny. It's like my dad is posting on ISH or something.

Seriously OP what a stupid thread. 'Melo is not better than Durant.
Ugh, that's not even my joke doggy.

Fudge
10-21-2013, 12:33 AM

Dat foolishness doe

NumberSix
10-21-2013, 12:50 AM

Dat foolishness doe
Dat doe, doe.

Fresh Kid
10-21-2013, 12:52 AM
I agree with tha OP.

Fudge
10-21-2013, 12:54 AM
One retard agreeing with another retard. Beautiful. :applause:

Fresh Kid
10-21-2013, 12:57 AM
One retard agreeing with another retard. Beautiful. :applause:
thats why durant choked in tha 2nd round against tha no star grizzlies.

Fudge
10-21-2013, 12:58 AM
http://www.ic.sunysb.edu/Stu/wilee/burntreat1.jpg

Can't lie. :(

Fresh Kid
10-21-2013, 12:59 AM
http://www.ic.sunysb.edu/Stu/wilee/burntreat1.jpg

Can't lie. :(
:oldlol:

russwest0
10-21-2013, 01:00 AM
Top 3 Players In The Nba

1. Durant
2. Rose
3. Lebron

:applause: :applause: :applause:

repped

ZMonkey11
10-21-2013, 01:01 AM
http://images.cryhavok.org/d/16995-1/Can_t+Tell+if+Trolling.jpg

j3lademaster
10-21-2013, 02:17 AM
I think this has been brought up in a "who would win 1 on 1" type thread ages ago, and I don't think it really matters when Durant > Melo vs. pretty much every other team in the league. I'll take Durant even if they were the same age. Give me the better help defender and offball player over the 1 on 1 guy.

Sure the stats indicate Melo is Durant's kryptonite, but if you were to have a kryptonite it's nice to have it tucked away on a 1st round team in the east while you're in the west.

aj1987
10-21-2013, 02:32 AM
@OP, Carmelo has a 10-7 record against Lebron.

Carmelo > Lebron??

HoopsFanNumero1
10-21-2013, 04:21 AM
@OP, Carmelo has a 10-7 record against Lebron.

Carmelo > Lebron??

Nope. Lebron is still the better statistical performer of the two. On the other hand, Durant loses in pretty much every category.

imdaman99
10-21-2013, 04:38 AM
I think Durant is definitely better than Melo... but it's close.

If Durant had to make a living out of JR Smith being his #2, he would have minimal playoff success as well. I sure as hell don't think he would be a top 2 seed every year without Westbrook.

Dro
10-21-2013, 04:41 AM
Umm...Melo is not better than Durant. I don't care how many head to head matchups he wins. He's not better than Durant. He's not a better shooter, he's not more explosive, he's not a better defender, and he's not a better team player/leader and he's not a better scorer. Durant is much more consistent and more efficient scorer. Is this a troll thread?

secund2nun
10-21-2013, 05:30 AM
Durant is way better against every team in the NBA than Melo is aside from direct head to head matchups against Melo. So what if Melo beats Durant head to head? That means very little. Durant is a far superior player than Melo.

Also it should be noted that they have only faced each other once since January 2011 and that was in April 2013. Durant has improved so much since January 2011 while Melo is pretty much the same player since then.

April 2013 result:

Durant: 7/17 27 points 7 assists 3 rebounds 4 blocks
Melo: 15/29 36 points 0 assists 12 rebounds 1 block

It was a relatively even performance by both. Durant scored better, Melo rebounded better, but Durant passed better.

HoopsFanNumero1
10-21-2013, 05:42 AM
Durant is way better against every team in the NBA than Melo is aside from direct head to head matchups against Melo. So what if Melo beats Durant head to head? That means very little. Durant is a far superior player than Melo.

Also it should be noted that they have only faced each other once since January 2011 and that was in April 2013. Durant has improved so much since January 2011 while Melo is pretty much the same player since then.

April 2013 result:

Durant: 7/17 27 points 7 assists 3 rebounds 4 blocks
Melo: 15/29 36 points 0 assists 12 rebounds 1 block

It was a relatively even performance by both. Durant scored better, Melo rebounded better, but Durant passed better.

How in the hell did Durant score better? Anyone who actually saw the game knows it was far from an even performance and that like always, Carmelo vastly outplayed Durant. The only reason Durant had over 20 points was because the refs kept sending him to the line after every breeze that headed his way. I remember there was a point towards the end of the game where OKC was intentionally trying to foul Melo and it took the refs a few seconds to call the foul.

Nuff Said
10-21-2013, 08:02 AM
3 scoring titles>1

ralph_i_el
10-21-2013, 08:36 AM

maybe because half those machups come from prime melo vs. rookie/young durant

andremiller07
10-21-2013, 08:49 AM
Do they even defend each other in the head to head match ups?

tmacattack33
10-21-2013, 10:16 AM
Are you? So you want to completely ignore the fact that Melo dominates Durant in every aspect in their h2h matchups?

I posed a simple question at the end. Which team would you take if these two players were to matchup in the playoffs?

I'd rather take what Durant has done in the other 300 games for the past 3 years.

Even if, say, Derek Fisher completely dominated Chris Paul in all of their head to head match-ups over the past five years, Chris Paul is still lightyears ahead of Fisher based on what has happened in the other 500 games.

HoopsFanNumero1
10-21-2013, 10:20 AM
I'd rather take what Durant has done in the other 300 games for the past 3 years.

Even if, say, Derek Fisher completely dominated Chris Paul in all of their head to head match-ups over the past five years, Chris Paul is still lightyears ahead of Fisher based on what has happened in the other 500 games.

Well, first of all, Fisher is a role player. But more importantly, the likes of Fisher will never dominate Chris Paul over dozens of games. If he did, you'd have a point.

Frozen1
10-21-2013, 10:32 AM
Durant

ralph_i_el
10-21-2013, 10:36 AM

:applause: :bowdown: :applause: :bowdown: :applause: :bowdown: beautiful display of ignorance. 10/10 would rage again

HurricaneKid
10-21-2013, 10:48 AM
Taking all this into account, if I were to pick a Melo-led or Durant-led team in a matchup in the playoffs, I'd always go with Melo's team.

Taking into account Melo has made it to the second round of the playoffs twice in his life and KD has the last three years, it would be a bad bet.

Fresh Kid
10-21-2013, 10:54 AM
[QUOTE=Frozen1]Durant

SilkkTheShocker
10-21-2013, 11:04 AM
LeBron made Durant cry like a b.itch on live television when they played each other in the Finals :oldlol:

Oden>>>>Durant

tmacattack33
10-21-2013, 12:07 PM
Well, first of all, Fisher is a role player. But more importantly, the likes of Fisher will never dominate Chris Paul over dozens of games. If he did, you'd have a point.

Okay then...Deron Williams has gotten the better of Chris Paul in head to heat match ups. But i'd easily take Chris Paul's work over the past five years than Deron's.

Flash31
10-21-2013, 12:40 PM
I think Durant is definitely better than Melo... but it's close.

If Durant had to make a living out of JR Smith being his #2, he would have minimal playoff success as well. I sure as hell don't think he would be a top 2 seed every year without Westbrook.

Well considering that was mostly the knicks fault in making JR 2nd option
They were playing small ball and had Melo at the 4 and playing the 3 ball excessively.

Before melo arrived,Amare was considered an MVP candidate at one point
put up over 10 straight games of 30,10
and then Dantoni changed it and Woodson started utilizing small balk with Melo at 4

When JR Smith is getting more fga,more min than Your Highest paid player and 2nd star,Theres a problem there

Small Ball doesnt work for the knicks bc they dont have the personell for it
They have offense with melo at 4 causing problems for other team,but they dont have size,defense or rebounding to make up on other end
The heat have two way players and length(wades wingspan,lebron,bosh)to make up for it and theyre 3 solid rebounders and dont have the iq of a rock like jr

The Knicks are never going to win if jr is 2nd
They rely on the 3 too much and if that isnt falling,they arent utilizing a different game besides carmelo isoing the other times
People saw against the Heat,20 plus 3s made,win
Not many 3s or jackin em up,jr smith and melo playing I got this ball
they lose

and Durant may not be top 2 without WB,saw during Grizz series how he struggled but hell still put up stats and pts,and would utilize playmaking teammates more,Melo hell put up more fga

KD followed the LeBron method,no teammates
playmake,rebound,do everything more,carry the load
Melo followed the Kobe method,no teammates
Score more,have more fga,get the ball more

Thats the difference

Flash31
10-21-2013, 12:49 PM
LeBron made Durant cry like a b.itch on live television when they played each other in the Finals :oldlol:

Oden>>>>Durant

Seriously Oden>Durant
Really?

I realize your in love with LeBron and dont like KD bc LeBron-KD rivalry thing
but no

Oden>Durant in College yeah

in NBA no
unless Oden turns out to be a great c or all time great or one of best players in the next 2 years

While Oden looked good when he played in NBA and showed potential to be great before he got injured,he hasnt proven anything or shown anything since then

While I dont like Durant,hes still at Worst a top 5 maybe top 3 player at Worst
LeBron has him beat but then again LeBron has everyone beat
Durant is good,now whether he can carry a team or become more than a great Kevin Martin scorer that remains to be seen but the fact is
Hes better than Oden

Thats like the conparison of
Beasley or Rose
Beasley was a beast,one of if not the best college player at the time
Now,in NBA Rose

or Christian Laettner,
Mario"I have Roses number"Chalmers,

So in conclusion simply put

college Oden>Durant
Nba Durant>>> .....Oden

NumberSix
10-21-2013, 02:00 PM
[QUOTE=Frozen1][B][SIZE="4"]Durant

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-21-2013, 02:12 PM

No. They just shouldn't be the only measure. When you take into account regular and postseason play (larger sample sizes), Durant is very easily the better player.

Fudge
10-21-2013, 05:09 PM
Bet OP can't name one thing Melo is better at doe.

KG215
10-21-2013, 07:18 PM
[QUOTE=Frozen1][B]Durant

Replay32
10-21-2013, 09:08 PM
:oldlol:

Funny thread.

Horde of Temujin
10-21-2013, 09:22 PM
No need for Durant to regress into a chemistry killing, iso chemist, honey nut loving, black hole chucker.

TheMarkMadsen
10-21-2013, 09:53 PM
Lebron fans are such an insecure bunch. Tryiń to knock Durant down a peg b/c they aren't threatened by Melos all time status

However they are absolutely stricken with FEAR with young elite players who are already accumulating accolades.

They are mad that Rose is the youngest MVP ever & was better at 22 than Lebron was at 22.

Same goes for Durant, a 3x scoring champ at 24 who at 23 already had a more refined offensive scoring game than Lebron has ever had. At 23 was able to put up 30 ppg in the finals on better efficency than Lebron has ever been able to do in the finals. Considering how Lebron fans LOVE effeciency it startles them that a player can be a better score than Lebron while being able to translate his efficency into the playoffs/finals. It bothers them even more that this player just so happens to be only 24 and @ 23 wasn't considered that far off from being as good as a prime Lebron.

What bothers them the most though IMO, is that Rose & Durant will more than likely stay with the team that drafted them, and if they do win rings, it won't be after going to someone else's team..

They hate Rose also b/c he's a hometown boy playing on his home town team trying to bring the championship back home..something Lebron promised but never did.

They hate Durant because he's every bit as effecient as Lebron (their go to argument) is already a better scorer than Lebron and has expanded his game to become an all around offensive player. He hasn't even hit his prime.

HoopsFanNumero1
10-21-2013, 09:58 PM
Lebron fans are such an insecure bunch. Tryiń to knock Durant down a peg b/c they aren't threatened by Melos all time status

However they are absolutely stricken with FEAR with young elite players who are already accumulating accolades.

They are mad that Rose is the youngest MVP ever & was better at 22 than Lebron was at 22.

Same goes for Durant, a 3x scoring champ at 24 who at 23 already had a more refined offensive scoring game than Lebron has ever had. At 23 was able to put up 30 ppg in the finals on better efficency than Lebron has ever been able to do in the finals. Considering how Lebron fans LOVE effeciency it startles them that a player can be a better score than Lebron while being able to translate his efficency into the playoffs/finals. It bothers them even more that this player just so happens to be only 24 and @ 23 wasn't considered that far off from being as good as a prime Lebron.

What bothers them the most though IMO, is that Rose & Durant will more than likely stay with the team that drafted them, and if they do win rings, it won't be after going to someone else's team..

They hate Rose also b/c he's a hometown boy playing on his home town team trying to bring the championship back home..something Lebron promised but never did.

They hate Durant because he's every bit as effecient as Lebron (their go to argument) is already a better scorer than Lebron and has expanded his game to become an all around offensive player. He hasn't even hit his prime.

Whatever makes you feel better bud.

Dro
10-21-2013, 11:16 PM

:applause:

jimmy77x
10-21-2013, 11:30 PM

Lebron stans have absolutely no response to this because they know its true.

Fudge
10-21-2013, 11:54 PM

How you gonna get ethered by ****ing Mark Madsen tho?

ripthekik
10-22-2013, 12:16 AM

goddamn. This is beautiful.. absolutely beautiful..

russwest0
10-22-2013, 01:40 AM

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-25367-give-that-man-a-cookie-meme-Pu-7nU9.jpeg

Doranku
10-22-2013, 01:44 AM

/thread :oldlol:

comerb
10-22-2013, 01:56 AM

I'm a Lebron fan. Durant is a fantastic player, easily the 2nd best player in the league and the best offensive player in the league. He works well within the flow of the offense and doesn't force anything. He needs a little work on his defense and I'd like to see him be a little more aggressive at finding his shot at times, but even there he is better than average by a large margin. Prior to OKC being retarded and trading Harden away, I was sure he was going to win a number of rings.

Rose is not. Rose is a really explosive player who needs to develop a better midrange game and, as a PG, needs to figure out how to get his while making his teammates better. He's not particularly efficient, and he's not terribly intelligent with his decision making. You can gameplay against him and he'd doesn't make adjustments well. Remember how people kept saying he wasn't getting enough help offensively a couple years back? That's not his teams fault, that was his fault. He won't win a ring as the teams best player unless he evolves significantly.

Lebron fans are usually the same folks who are fans of player like Jordan, Wade, and Durant. Good two way players who are obscenely efficient. Rose is a less efficient and less intelligent version of prime Wade, and he's not as good of a defender either.

NumberSix
10-22-2013, 02:17 AM
Lebron fans are such an insecure bunch. Tryiń to knock Durant down a peg b/c they aren't threatened by Melos all time status.
Are there ANY LeBron Stans who think Melo is as good as Durant? Who has ever made that argument? :confusedshrug:

PickernRoller
10-22-2013, 06:09 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :roll: OP owned in his own thread.

Although I do agree that Durant is Lebron's Summer B1tch.....for now. Roles can always be reversed.

Jameerthefear
10-22-2013, 06:41 AM
Are there ANY LeBron Stans who think Melo is as good as Durant? Who has ever made that argument? :confusedshrug:
The OP of this thread...?

Hoopz2332
10-22-2013, 08:06 AM

http://i.imgur.com/cHvUBop.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/n7kMkDs.png

jimmy77x
10-22-2013, 02:26 PM

Lebron stans still avoiding this post :lol

secund2nun
10-22-2013, 02:36 PM
How in the hell did Durant score better? Anyone who actually saw the game knows it was far from an even performance and that like always, Carmelo vastly outplayed Durant. The only reason Durant had over 20 points was because the refs kept sending him to the line after every breeze that headed his way. I remember there was a point towards the end of the game where OKC was intentionally trying to foul Melo and it took the refs a few seconds to call the foul.

Well I didn't watch the game, so I can't comment on if the FTs were valid or not. Durant is often time gifted FTs though. I was just basing it on the 27 points on 17 shots being better than 36 points on 29 shots. Either way, the gap was much smaller than earlier matchups with young Durant.

secund2nun
10-22-2013, 02:40 PM

Markmadsen= low bball IQ

Rose better than Lebron at 22 comparison? LOL 22 year old Lebron was way better than Rose EVER will be. Rose is the worst MVP of all time.

Durant scored great in the 2012 finals. Lebron was better in every single other aspect of that finals and Lebron still put up 29 ppg on 47% in that finals. He is a great scorer, but Lebron has had great 2012 and 2013 finals. We are talking about 29-10-7 47% and 25-11-7 45%.

Durant is great, but we saw what happened when Westbrook went down. Durant will never be as good as Lebron is now and won't become better than Lebron until Lebron's mid 30s at minimum.

No fear from Lebron fans, especially by Rose LOL. The players who will threaten the Lebron dynasty are Durant, Drummond and Davis in the future, not Rose.

HoopsFanNumero1
10-22-2013, 03:09 PM

I didn't want to go through the process of giving a long response to your comment because it was incredibly idiotic but since it's getting circle-jerked so much, here goes.

You make a lot of assumptions in your post and that makes you come across as an unintelligent person. Why do I hate Rose? The only thing your brain could process was the concept of fear? I know people desperately want to believe that Rose is hated by Heat fans because he's a threat, but that's just not true. I talk shit about Rose because of his incredibly annoying fans. I like throwing it in their faces that despite talking so much shit about the Heat since '11 and saying how good Rose is, the Bulls haven't done much in that time period. In essence, Rose is incredibly overrated and gets the credit for the Bulls success when for the most part it's due to their defense. Put Westbrook on the Bulls instead of Rose and all the Bulls fans would be fawning over him.

As for Durant, why would I care? Lebron has consistently owned him for the better portion of their matchups and they got absolutely whooped by the Heat in the playoffs. You say he had better efficiency? There's far more to the game than scoring and anybody who saw those Finals knows Durant had nowhere near the impact that Lebron had. Sure Durant will probably overtake Lebron as the better player in a couple of years as Lebron goes out of his prime, but as of now I'm certainly not worried.

So to sum up, I continue to talk so much shit about Rose and the Bulls because I know it'll never come back to bite me as I once again expect the Heat to knock them out of the playoffs. Oh, and I don't want to hear anything about insecurity from a Kobe stan such as yourself.

Dro
10-22-2013, 03:43 PM
I didn't want to go through the process of giving a long response to your comment because it was incredibly idiotic but since it's getting circle-jerked so much, here goes.
You sound real mad bro. Just because people agree with his post, doesn't make it a circle jerk. You're just mad that he made good points that others agree with, in your own thread. Thats all, no reason to make a fuss about it. People posted a smiley or one sentence at the most to show they agreed with that post. You may not think it fits you but the fact is, he is describing many Lebron fans right here on this forum and I think you know that, or you should know that.

Fudge
10-22-2013, 03:48 PM

You make a lot of assumptions in your post and that makes you come across as an unintelligent person. Why do I hate Rose? The only thing your brain could process was the concept of fear? I know people desperately want to believe that Rose is hated by Heat fans because he's a threat, but that's just not true. I talk shit about Rose because of his incredibly annoying fans. I like throwing it in their faces that despite talking so much shit about the Heat since '11 and saying how good Rose is, the Bulls haven't done much in that time period. In essence, Rose is incredibly overrated and gets the credit for the Bulls success when for the most part it's due to their defense. Put Westbrook on the Bulls instead of Rose and all the Bulls fans would be fawning over him.

As for Durant, why would I care? Lebron has consistently owned him for the better portion of their matchups and they got absolutely whooped by the Heat in the playoffs. You say he had better efficiency? There's far more to the game than scoring and anybody who saw those Finals knows Durant had nowhere near the impact that Lebron had. Sure Durant will probably overtake Lebron as the better player in a couple of years as Lebron goes out of his prime, but as of now I'm certainly not worried.

So to sum up, I continue to talk so much shit about Rose and the Bulls because I know it'll never come back to bite me as I once again expect the Heat to knock them out of the playoffs. Oh, and I don't want to hear anything about insecurity from a Kobe stan such as yourself.
Nah, it's cuz you had nothing AT ALL to say in response at that moment. Don't lie. :oldlol: And now that you realize that you're thread has backfired, you're quickly trying to find ways to answer. Pretty much a summarization of your post: "Hate Rose cuz of hiz fanz, Durant sucks. LeBron makes them their bitch come playoffs".

aj1987
10-22-2013, 04:02 PM
:biggums: Lebron was with the Cav's longer than either of thsoe guys' careers in the NBA.

HoopsFanNumero1
10-22-2013, 04:03 PM
You sound real mad bro. Just because people agree with his post, doesn't make it a circle jerk. You're just mad that he made good points that others agree with, in your own thread. Thats all, no reason to make a fuss about it. People posted a smiley or one sentence at the most to show they agreed with that post. You may not think it fits you but the fact is, he is describing many Lebron fans right here on this forum and I think you know that, or you should know that.

Not mad at all. Just wanted to get rid of the misconception that I somehow fear Rose, which is completely ridiculous. Honestly I don't understand why any Lebron or Heat fan would fear Rose.

HoopsFanNumero1
10-22-2013, 04:04 PM
Nah, it's cuz you had nothing AT ALL to say in response at that moment. Don't lie. :oldlol: And now that you realize that you're thread has backfired, you're quickly trying to find ways to answer. Pretty much a summarization of your post: "Hate Rose cuz of hiz fanz, Durant sucks. LeBron makes them their bitch come playoffs".

Yeah, you got me :rolleyes:

Fudge
10-22-2013, 04:04 PM
See, i'm always right.

russwest0
10-22-2013, 04:05 PM
:biggums: Lebron was with the Cav's longer than either of thsoe guys' careers in the NBA.

:facepalm

riseagainst
10-22-2013, 04:08 PM

reading comprehension.

pegasus
10-22-2013, 05:36 PM

:applause: :applause:

aj1987
10-22-2013, 05:49 PM
reading comprehension.
Yeah. Skimmed the post as TheMarkMadsen's posts are nothing but garbage.

Anyways, Durant's gonna bolt if the Thunder don't win a ring in the next couple of years.

blood yes
10-22-2013, 06:04 PM

I understand that you hate LeBron James, but I think you are highly mistaken in your point.

I am not a LeBron stan, but I am responding to this because I feel you should atleast get the facts RIGHT.

While Durant at age 21-24 was definately a dominant player, i think people in general just forget how dominant lebron was in his younger days. Infact, in terms of stats, lebron was MUCH better in cleveland.

Anybody remember these performances from lebron before he turned 24?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpiMtLxh7NA
Lebron drops 41 points in the 2006 nba playoffs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhiY3jVoAuM
His legendary 2007 Pistons game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCG3S_bbJUY
Monster game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zXluEXVckM
Tear up vs Kobe

PickernRoller
10-22-2013, 06:51 PM

Anyways, Durant's gonna bolt if the Thunder don't win a ring in the next couple of years.

Sorry but you confused Durant with Lebron. Two different players, different characters, different names.

TheMarkMadsen
10-22-2013, 10:14 PM

If my post are garbage then yours must be compost.

You said you skimmed through the post..you too scared to read the truth dawg?

You Bron lovers make my point for me, this thread to hate on Durant from yesterday and then a threads gets made today to hate on Rose/The Bulls

Idk why Lebrons ISH fan base is so shook? I mean even your post reeks of insecurity "Durant will probably bolt if he doesn't win a ring within the next few years" that's what weak minded/insecure people do, they project their own insecurities onto other people to convince themselves that "everybody" does it. Which is simply not true.

In fact, you look at the generally excepted top 10 and you'll notice that almost all of those players spent their entire careers with one team. MJ, Russell, Duncan, Bird, Magic, Kobe, Hakeem.. Kevin Durant is in a good situation, dont count on him leaving.

Your boys fanbase has been all sorts of weird since the finals, idk maybe it's because you guys had this grand notion of how Lebron would win a championships with all this glory, I mean for 10 years y'all were so proud of the fact that Lebron was "carrying" teams and would continuously strike down any past champion who had a good supporting cast.

You waited and waited and waited for Lebron to finally win a ring and expected it to come while he was carrying a team accumulating triple doubles on 60% shooting and everybody would see this GOAT player that we weren't able to see before he had a ring. However, perception doesn't always meet reality, and after 3 finals, one which was a complete embarrassment, one which actually on par with what you'd expect and the other comiing after the series was saved by Ray Ray and Lebron stop playin scarred 5 3/4 games into it.

So now after years of proclaiming Lebron to be this dominant GOAT effeciency player who did it all by himself he's finally won 2 rings all while having his effeciency drop tremendously (12 being the exception) and being the only FMVP in a long time to have 2 all star teammates.

So now you've got the rings to brag about and validate these claims y'all make, however they didn't come in the fashion you'd had hoped, his fans always bragged about the chosen 1 being able to do all by himself, and then he becomes the only FMVP in a long time to have 2 other all star teammates. The irony in that bothers them. I'm doing alot of arm chair pyscharity but this is just my opinion from my 2 year experice on ISH

It's sad tho because there isn't any fan base besides Lebrons who doesn't like KD & Rose and even Melo for that's matter.

aj1987
10-22-2013, 11:45 PM
If my post are garbage then yours must be compost.

You said you skimmed through the post..you too scared to read the truth dawg?

You Bron lovers make my point for me, this thread to hate on Durant from yesterday and then a threads gets made today to hate on Rose/The Bulls

Idk why Lebrons ISH fan base is so shook? I mean even your post reeks of insecurity "Durant will probably bolt if he doesn't win a ring within the next few years" that's what weak minded/insecure people do, they project their own insecurities onto other people to convince themselves that "everybody" does it. Which is simply not true.

In fact, you look at the generally excepted top 10 and you'll notice that almost all of those players spent their entire careers with one team. MJ, Russell, Duncan, Bird, Magic, Kobe, Hakeem.. Kevin Durant is in a good situation, dont count on him leaving.

Your boys fanbase has been all sorts of weird since the finals, idk maybe it's because you guys had this grand notion of how Lebron would win a championships with all this glory, I mean for 10 years y'all were so proud of the fact that Lebron was "carrying" teams and would continuously strike down any past champion who had a good supporting cast.

You waited and waited and waited for Lebron to finally win a ring and expected it to come while he was carrying a team accumulating triple doubles on 60% shooting and everybody would see this GOAT player that we weren't able to see before he had a ring. However, perception doesn't always meet reality, and after 3 finals, one which was a complete embarrassment, one which actually on par with what you'd expect and the other comiing after the series was saved by Ray Ray and Lebron stop playin scarred 5 3/4 games into it.

So now after years of proclaiming Lebron to be this dominant GOAT effeciency player who did it all by himself he's finally won 2 rings all while having his effeciency drop tremendously (12 being the exception) and being the only FMVP in a long time to have 2 all star teammates.

So now you've got the rings to brag about and validate these claims y'all make, however they didn't come in the fashion you'd had hoped, his fans always bragged about the chosen 1 being able to do all by himself, and then he becomes the only FMVP in a long time to have 2 other all star teammates. The irony in that bothers them. I'm doing alot of arm chair pyscharity but this is just my opinion from my 2 year experice on ISH

It's sad tho because there isn't any fan base besides Lebrons who doesn't like KD & Rose and even Melo for that's matter.
I don't hate Durant, idiot. I've said that he'll end up as a top 10 or a top 15 GOAT. :facepalm
I only like Lebron because he's helping Miami win. I was hating on him during the season, playoffs, and even the Finals.

Another post, which is completely garbage. Stick to Kobe threads, Kobetard.

Lebron >>>> Kobe. Deal with it.

russwest0
10-23-2013, 12:02 AM
I don't hate Durant, idiot. I've said that he'll end up as a top 10 or a top 15 GOAT. :facepalm
I only like Lebron because he's helping Miami win. I was hating on him during the season, playoffs, and even the Finals.

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

LALakerFan4Life
10-23-2013, 12:23 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: @ "Durant needs to be on Melo's level."

Kevin Durant > Carmelo Anthony.

FPJ
10-23-2013, 03:16 AM
This post is the dumbest "serious" post ive seen and the fact that so many people seem to like it says a lot about this site.

Lebron fans are insecure cause they won 2 rings and were in 3 finals in 3 years. Makes sense.

They are sooo mad that Rose is highly efficient, shooting .431, they are mad Rose had front tickets last season, they are mad because Rose has an insane IQ, on and off the court and lastly they are mad that Rose is the biggest joke MVP the NBA ever had (other players had a much better year). Makes sense.

Yup, they are mad, they hate Durant. They are threatened by him as they should be. He's a much better scorer than Lebron. I dont know the stats, maybe someone can post career stats, last season stats or whatever stats might advantage Durant. Efficiency must favor Durant, right? Also im sure James is awarded 15 FT's a game so he can reach 30 points. Right?

Lebron's fans must be so bothered that Lebron reached 4 FINALS, has 2 rings, 2 FMVP's and several season MVP's. It must bother them soooo damn much that Lebron managed a 27 game streak while Durant managed what? Yup, makes sense again.

You must have mixed bothered with hoping, bulls fans deserve Rose and Rose deserves them back. :oldlol:

Btw, weren't bulls fans all excited about the possibility of Lebron playing for them? Stop being hypocrites, talking all this and that about staying at the team that drafted you cause every team wanted Lebron and everyone who says different is pathetic and comes out as a bitter tool. (on this site it actually appears that this type of people are the cool kids which is amazing).

You already said that. People love to mention Kevin Love's empty stats but forget Durant. Without Westbrick, Memphis destroyed Durant and his amazing stats.

To tell you the truth, Lebron's fans are most entitled to be happy about their team, their players and their organization. They won everything. Spurs fans, Indiana fans should also feel great about their teams cause they managed to play amazing bball and really made the Heat sweat (you know, teams that actually managed something in the playoffs).

Other franchise fans should stfu or bow their heads when they talk about players that embarrassed their team (Bulls and Knicks especially) or made their fav player go to his momma and cry in a fetus position. At least have some decency and know when to stfu. Start talking when your team actually does something meaningful you bunch of butthurt uneducated hypocrites.

pegasus
10-23-2013, 11:03 AM
Both Melo and Durant are better than Lebron. Give them Lebron's supporting cast, and they both would have 3-peated already. And Riley wouldn't even have had to obtain every great shooter in the league since those guys can shoot even over two defenders let alone while being left wide open all finals long.

russwest0
10-23-2013, 11:16 AM

Lol @ this assumption.

Durant isn't b*tchmade like LeBron. He's not gonna donate 1 million to OKC tornado victims and then just bolt to take a shortcut

pnyozzzoo
10-23-2013, 01:24 PM
Lol @ this assumption.

Durant isn't b*tchmade like LeBron. He's not gonna donate 1 million to OKC tornado victims and then just bolt to take a shortcut
Give back to the community has nothing to do with leaving in the free agent.
Rofl at that logic.

Dwight , Lebron, CP3 and many others all done so much work in previous local community and donate money b4 its called give back some where u get from. That does not stop them force their way out. Cousins just donate a mil to shaqromato, just how people with good heart lots money do.

Leaving in the free agency its one's right. Taking a short cut? more like going to chase your dream. If your owner is cheap, or management sucks or market is too small to lure big fish. Your star just may leave stop living in a vacuum.

riseagainst
10-23-2013, 02:26 PM

:roll: :roll:

you mad.

Mr Exlax
10-23-2013, 02:42 PM
I think Durant is good enough to win a ring. I don't think the OKC Thunder are good enough to win a ring as currently constructed. If Durant has to leave to join a better supporting cast then more power to him. Nothing wrong with you or me going to a different job that's better than the previous one.

aj1987
10-23-2013, 02:56 PM
Lol @ this assumption.

Good for him. Google how much Lebron has done for Cleveland. You tiny mid might not be able to comprehend it. And he still bolted from Cleveland.

:roll: :roll:

you mad.

Yeah, I'm EXTREMELY mad, 'cause my team is making the Finals for the 4th time in a row. I'm even more pissed that my team is the favorite to 3-peat.
****! I'm SO mad right now. I wish they were a lottery team! :mad:

That was sarcasm, in case your IQ is the same as Kobe's FG%.

russwest0
10-23-2013, 03:15 PM
Good for him. Google how much Lebron has done for Cleveland. You tiny mid might not be able to comprehend it. And he still bolted from Cleveland.

Yeah, I'm EXTREMELY mad, 'cause my team is making the Finals for the 4th time in a row. I'm even more pissed that my team is the favorite to 3-peat.
****! I'm SO mad right now. I wish they were a lottery team! :mad:

That was sarcasm, in case your IQ is the same as Kobe's FG%.

Lol @ how much LeBron has done for Cleveland. Mother f*ckers number won't even get retired there don't try to tell me about what he did for them

aj1987
10-23-2013, 07:25 PM
Lol @ how much LeBron has done for Cleveland. Mother f*ckers number won't even get retired there don't try to tell me about what he did for them
You do know that "The Decision" raised $2.5 million for kids, right? You're too dumb to even comprehend all the revenue that Lebron generated for the Cav's and the city of Cleveland. Anyways, I doubt Lebron cares about getting his jersey retired by the Cav's. Dan Gilbert is a petty bitch and I'm sure that he won't let it happen.

PickernRoller
10-23-2013, 09:32 PM
You do know that "The Decision" raised $2.5 million for kids, right? You're too dumb to even comprehend all the revenue that Lebron generated for the Cav's and the city of Cleveland. Anyways, I doubt Lebron cares about getting his jersey retired by the Cav's. Dan Gilbert is a petty bitch and I'm sure that he won't let it happen.

Lol at $2.5mill like it means jack sh1t. We are talking about a dude that makes 2.5mill in his sleep. A single wrist of a pen on a checkbook would have sufficed - if charity was the "true" reason.

It's what it's. His stans can spin the truth if they want. Only lying to yourself. There is absolutely no reason why the Cavs should retire a journey man's jersey. Dude is the biggest ring chaser of all time. Fail promises, fail seasons, fail expectations = Lebron as a Cav.

aj1987
10-23-2013, 09:43 PM
Lol at $2.5mill like it means jack sh1t. We are talking about a dude that makes 2.5mill in his sleep. A single wrist of a pen on a checkbook would have sufficed - if charity was the "true" reason.

It's what it's. His stans can spin the truth if they want. Only lying to yourself. There is absolutely no reason why the Cavs should retire a journey man's jersey. Dude is the biggest ring chaser of all time. Fail promises, fail seasons, fail expectations = Lebron as a Cav.
You're so mad right now. I don't think he actually gives a shit about getting his jersey retired by the Cavs.

Lebron >>> Kobe (which make Kobe a borderline top 10 player). :oldlol:

Donkey4trading
10-23-2013, 09:57 PM
You're so mad right now. I don't think he actually gives a shit about getting his jersey retired by the Cavs.

You reek of insecurity and have been owned multiple times in this thread.

Somebody tells you your mad, how do you prove them otherwise? By hurling insults and acting like pre teen little girl

aj1987
10-23-2013, 10:03 PM
You reek of insecurity and have been owned multiple times in this thread.

Somebody tells you your mad, how do you prove them otherwise? By hurling insults and acting like pre teen little girl

http://i.imgur.com/hsUBdBr.jpg

PickernRoller
10-23-2013, 10:06 PM

Your post reeks with insecurity :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Keep supporting a fraud for a living.

aj1987
10-23-2013, 10:13 PM
Your post reeks with insecurity :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Keep supporting a fraud for a living.
I definitely will support him as long as he keep winning titles as a member of the Heat.

Before calling me insecure, re-read your posts. You are whining about a player who donates millions of dollars to charity. Calling a 4x MVP, 2x Champ, 2x FMVP a fraud? Heights of insecurity.

How much did you donate this year, BTW?