PDA

View Full Version : Hakeem Vs Lebron: Who's Titles Deserve An Asterisk The Most?

The Rock
10-21-2013, 12:23 AM
With Hakeem You Have 2 Titles He Won While Jordan Was Retired.

With Lebron You Have 1 Title In A Shorten Season. And Then Another With Westbrook, Rondo, Rose, And Kobe All Injured For The Playoffs.

Who's Titles Deserve A Black Eye The Most?

fpliii
10-21-2013, 12:33 AM
Jordan was retired in 95?

Fudge
10-21-2013, 12:34 AM
Tough.. but probably Hakeem.

Jordan > all those players combined.

NumberSix
10-21-2013, 12:38 AM
OKC, Boston & Chicago all couldn't beat Miami anyway.

Fresh Kid
10-21-2013, 12:48 AM
In order

1.Lebron 12,13
2.Wade 06
3. Duncan 99
4. Hakeem 94
5. Pierce 08

red1
10-21-2013, 01:04 AM
In order

1.Lebron 12,13
2.Wade 06
3. Duncan 99
4. Hakeem 94
5. Pierce 08
Did you really just post a list of the players you don't like?

NumberSix
10-21-2013, 01:15 AM
Did you really just post a list of the players you don't like?
Of course he did. That's like, super obvi.

millwad
10-21-2013, 01:30 AM

With Lebron You Have 1 Title In A Shorten Season. And Then Another With Westbrook, Rondo, Rose, And Kobe All Injured For The Playoffs.

Educate yourself, Hakeem didnt win two titles while Jordan was retired, he won 1 while Jordan was retired and he swept the Magic in the finals, the same team that beat Jordan and the Bulls in the finals.

And Olajuwon basically beat all the opponenets that MJ did in the finals when he won his back to backs. And no one has one a title with less talented teammates than Olajuwon..

red1
10-21-2013, 01:40 AM
Of course he did. That's like, super obvi.
what are you, a woman?

j3lademaster
10-21-2013, 01:52 AM
I honestly don't see why the "shortened season" should get asterisked. I can see it as a huge competitive advantage if an older team won it all that year, but Miami wasn't that old and it's not like they're the only team playing less games.

As far as Hakeem's... should we asterisk every championship from before Jordan was in the league and after Jordan retires because MJ wasn't playing? Where do you draw the line? And Hakeem in those 2 runs outplayed every elite center except Shaq (who he played pretty closely to a wash). Hakeem went through teams like KJ/Barkley Suns twice, Malone/ Stockton Jazz twice, outplays Ewing and Drobb in their head-to-heads respectively. He had legit competition.

If we're asterisking for the easiest route to a ship then it's Lebron '13 all the way. The Bucks... Jennings and Ellis combo was just a disaster last season. The Bulls weren't just Roseless, their entire lineup was pretty much hurt. Indiana's stars were Paul George and Roy Hibbert, I don't think I've ever seen a more underwhelming cast in a conference finals, NY injured as usual so he didn't even have to face them, and an over the hill Spurs team in the Finals who one can argue were only there because of key injuries out west. I suppose you can argue Lebron's cast was massively overrated that run, and it took some huge performances from the king (who outplayed every matchup by a huge margin) to win, but that doesn't change the "perfect storm" of injuries that made one of the weakest overall play-offs I've seen since early 00's east.

Dresta
10-21-2013, 03:31 AM
I honestly don't see why the "shortened season" should get asterisked. I can see it as a huge competitive advantage if an older team won it all that year, but Miami wasn't that old and it's not like they're the only team playing less games.

As far as Hakeem's... should we asterisk every championship from before Jordan was in the league and after Jordan retires because MJ wasn't playing? Where do you draw the line? And Hakeem in those 2 runs outplayed every elite center except Shaq (who he played pretty closely to a wash). Hakeem went through teams like KJ/Barkley Suns twice, Malone/ Stockton Jazz twice, outplays Ewing and Drobb in their head-to-heads respectively. He had legit competition.

If we're asterisking for the easiest route to a ship then it's Lebron '13 all the way. The Bucks... Jennings and Ellis combo was just a disaster last season. The Bulls weren't just Roseless, their entire lineup was pretty much hurt. Indiana's stars were Paul George and Roy Hibbert, I don't think I've ever seen a more underwhelming cast in a conference finals, NY injured as usual so he didn't even have to face them, and an over the hill Spurs team in the Finals who one can argue were only there because of key injuries out west. I suppose you can argue Lebron's cast was massively overrated that run, and it took some huge performances from the king (who outplayed every matchup by a huge margin) to win, but that doesn't change the "perfect storm" of injuries that made one of the weakest overall play-offs I've seen since early 00's east.Clueless.

Indiana were always going to cause the small Heat more trouble than just about any other team in the league, and to discount Popovich's Spurs is a blatant evidence of a cretinous mind.

j3lademaster
10-21-2013, 03:39 AM
Clueless.

Indiana were always going to cause the small Heat more trouble than just about any other team in the league, and to discount Popovich's Spurs is a blatant evidence of a cretinous mind.Indiana is an underwhelming team for a conference finals, and them being structured to give the Heat trouble doesn't mean they aren't historically bad for a conference finals team. And all I said about the Spurs is... what? One can argue they only made the finals because of the multiple key injuries out west. What part of this isn't true?

My point still stands. Compared to the Malone/Stockton Jazz, KJ/Barkley Suns, Penny/Shaq Magic (all in one title run might I add), Lebron faced weak competition.

kamil
10-21-2013, 03:39 AM
what are you, a woman?

Is there like, something wrong with being a woman?

I<3NBA
10-21-2013, 03:42 AM
neither. lol at you if you think winning an NBA championship is easy.

ripthekik
10-21-2013, 03:58 AM
Definitely Lebron. Hakeem's was still legit, he pretty much did everything and was the only superstar in the team.

Lebron? so much shortcut and injuries and help etc..

TheMilkyBarKid
10-21-2013, 04:01 AM
Lol Rondo, Westbrook and roses' have 0 combined playoff series wins vs LeBron's heat and Kobe wouldn't have made very much in the 2013 playoffs, maybe you win a game or 2 vs the spurs and that's just a maybe, but he wouldn't be making any significant changes.

BoutPractice
10-21-2013, 04:46 AM
Neither. In the end, the only thing people remember is what is established as historical fact. And if you're going to be consistent in your claims, the 02 Lakers championship deserves an asterisk too... the 2006 Miami Heat title as well.

kshutts1
10-21-2013, 07:54 AM
Whose, not who's.

Nash
10-21-2013, 08:46 AM

Lebron beat Westbrook with Durant AND Harden, he beat Rondo when has team was even better in 11 and 12, beat Rose in 11 and Kobe was never going to play Lebron anyway.

TyroneNBAFan
10-21-2013, 08:46 AM
Kobe has 4 "*" titles.

2000 - Refs cheated the Blazers in the 4th of GM 7.
2002 - Refs cheated Kings I'm GM 6 (up 3-2)
2009 - KG got injured in the playoffs, couldn't defend his title.
2010 - Refs cheated Celtics in the 4th of GM 7

So really Kobe only earned 1 title in 2001, which means nothing really because it was Shaqs team.

So Kobe has 5 "*" titles.

I<3NBA
10-21-2013, 09:58 AM
Kobe has 4 "*" titles.

2000 - Refs cheated the Blazers in the 4th of GM 7.
2002 - Refs cheated Kings I'm GM 6 (up 3-2)
2009 - KG got injured in the playoffs, couldn't defend his title.
2010 - Refs cheated Celtics in the 4th of GM 7

So really Kobe only earned 1 title in 2001, which means nothing really because it was Shaqs team.

So Kobe has 5 "*" titles.
:applause:

tmacattack33
10-21-2013, 10:05 AM

Rose wasn't injured though.

ripthekik
10-21-2013, 12:15 PM
Rose wasn't injured though.
Keep telling yourself that to feel better.

Fact is Lebron never won a ring with a healthy rose playing. Put that fact into your head.

livingby3's
10-21-2013, 12:41 PM
did LeBron push his competitors down the stairs or something? So we have to wait for the entire league to be healthy and that muscle memory of everybody before playing the playoffs?

Nuff Said
10-21-2013, 01:25 PM
Keep telling yourself that to feel better.

Fact is Lebron never won a ring with a healthy rose playing. Put that fact into your head.

But he beat healthy rose so what is your point? Your statement makes the assumption that a healthy rose had everything to do with lebron not winning.

SilkkTheShocker
10-21-2013, 01:37 PM
6-24

pauk
10-21-2013, 01:46 PM

The only thing those 16 extra regular season games would do is give Lebron more triple doubles...............

knicksman
10-21-2013, 07:31 PM
did LeBron push his competitors down the stairs or something? So we have to wait for the entire league to be healthy and that muscle memory of everybody before playing the playoffs?

Nope but he definitely killed the competition and the only superstar to do so. So yeah its lebrons. His ring is the cheapest. But thats expected from betas who settles for cheap rings to fool his fans.

zoom17
10-21-2013, 07:39 PM
6-24

6-24

AlexanderRight
10-21-2013, 08:34 PM
Teams aren't responsible for the health and competitiveness of other teams. You can only beat what's in front of you. And winning a championship is never easy. Anyone that suggests that the Heat easily won this year after going through two game 7 series obviously didn't watch the playoffs. And stop with this "lebron beat this n that" bullshit. The Heat won because they were the best team this year. The only team that actually deserves an asterisk to their chip are the 02 Lakers because their games over the Kings were so blatantly rigged that it still sickens me that that no formal investigation hasn't been launched against the league, with the exception of Tim Donaghy.

KG215
10-21-2013, 08:58 PM
Probably should put 2000 Kobe in the discussion if we're just going to start arbitrarily deciding why certain championships deserve asterisks.

ripthekik
10-21-2013, 10:25 PM
Nope but he definitely killed the competition and the only superstar to do so. So yeah its lebrons. His ring is the cheapest. But thats expected from betas who settles for cheap rings to fool his fans.
this is correct.

TheBigVeto
10-22-2013, 07:25 PM
Neither.
All the Lakers' titles during David Stern's reign deserve bigger asterisks. Hell, only the 2006 Miami Heat, and maybe the last 3 peat Bulls gave them a run for their money in the asterisk department.

Greg Oden 50
10-22-2013, 07:35 PM
hakeem was much more unstoppable than lebron on both hands :banana:

pauk
10-22-2013, 07:58 PM
You can basically asterisk any player in NBA history using that stupid logic...

Russell* and Wilt* because:

Weakest era ever, only 8 teams, weak white guys and Russell had most stacked team ever, all he did was rebound & defend, not better than Rodman and Wilt was the most selfish shotjacker ever, he had to team up with greatest players ever to get his 2nd ring wasnt even the best player there.

Kareem* because:

He got one ring/first ring in extremly weak era with weak competition and all his other rings came thanks to Magic who gave him those rings on a silverplate, Kareem = Sidekick/2nd fiddle rings.

Shaq* because:

Kobe & Wade gave Shaq the rings on a silverplate and the Blazers series was rigged.

Kobe* because:

Shaq gave Kobe the rings on a silverplate and the Blazers series was rigged and his last 2 rings came thx to Gasol and weak competition and rigging.

Jordan* because:

Won only when Bird/Celtics & Magic/Lakers were injured/retired/old & because
90s was the weakest era ever with only him having the most stacked team ever. he got rigged to it aswell

Magic* because:

He demanded to play with Kareem/Lakers from the get go or he wouldnt play in the NBA, true ring chaser who didnt want to even try to win it on his own with scrubs even 1 year, soon as the Lakers were dismantled he saw he couldnt win championships anymore in early 90s he left, blaming HIV. 80s was actually a weak era, only Lakers/Celtics were good, they were going to Finals all the time. Magic was also Kareems sidekick.

Bird* because:

He had the worst Finals ever in 1981, he got handed a ring there because of stacked team, Maxwell was even FMVP. Weak era, only Lakers/Celtics were good, they were going to Finals all the time and Bird had maybe the most stacked team ever, he got bailed out very often. Retired early blaming on his back when the fact is he was scared of being humiliated by Jordan/Bulls just like Magic.

and so on........

SamuraiSWISH
10-22-2013, 08:02 PM
Lockout Seasons:

'99 Spurs
2012 Heat

DaSeba5
10-22-2013, 08:39 PM
Probably should put 2000 Kobe in the discussion if we're just going to start arbitrarily deciding why certain championships deserve asterisks.

This. You can do this for every season really.

Also the Rock is a Miami fan, and was born and raised in Miami. The Rock hating the Heat doesn't make any sense.

Scott Hall
10-22-2013, 09:04 PM
Getting bullied everyday sucks. I don't like to be bullied no more. I got bullied again today, they takes my lunches with peanut butter. I havsa good idea, I should join the bullies so I can bullies others. Then I win a rings in short year and when Rose and Russel and the goat kobe is hurted. Asterisk

Round Mound
10-22-2013, 09:16 PM
Take away Hakeem and put Kobe or Lebron in those 90's Rocket Teams and They Have a Hard Time Getting Passed the 1st Round. Hakeem Was The Most Dominant Player after MJ in the Late 80s and Early Mid 90s. Hakeem Was Dominant On The Offensive and Defensive End. Hakeem > Kobe By Far.

nnn123
10-22-2013, 11:19 PM
Hakeem deserves no 'asterisk,' he absolutely beasted in both of his title years, one of the most dominant performances ever. LeBron on the other hand...I don't know if he should receive an 'asterisk', but his performances in the playoffs are typically the opposite of dominant

PickernRoller
10-22-2013, 11:25 PM
The biggest fraud in the history of the game deserves it most: Lebron. If a double-asterisk is ever invented, it'll be cause of Lebron.