PDA

View Full Version : Are you ready?

franchize
10-21-2013, 02:02 PM
I don't know about you guys, but all of a sudden I'm super amped about the regular season being a few days away. I think it's partly because Tim Hardaway Jr looks like he may be a solid player and the guys appear to be in good shape already. What about you guys? Are you ready?

Jasi
10-21-2013, 05:12 PM
Same here.
I hardly gave a f_ck about the offseason, but now I cannot wait.

Clutch
10-21-2013, 07:05 PM
The most excited I've ever been was the lockout season.

To be honest,I'm extremely excited every year but I think I was slightly more excited last year than this one. Maybe because we played Nets/Heat in the opener and not the crappy Bucks.

Rameek
10-22-2013, 01:32 AM
I think I'm ready.

Team cuts will be interesting.

knickscity
10-23-2013, 04:50 PM
I'm ready for Chris Smith to be cut.

get that scrub off the team.

franchize
10-24-2013, 11:08 AM
I'm ready for Chris Smith to be cut.

get that scrub off the team.

LMAO I literally made this face when I read this. He's horrendous.

http://i.imgflip.com/26hg.jpg

Rameek
10-25-2013, 01:45 AM
I dont even know why they even let JR strong arm the organization with a scrub like him. He should have never been on the summer team nor invited to camp.

bluechox2
10-25-2013, 07:22 PM
i can't fuc king believe we didnt cut chris smith

knickscity
10-26-2013, 04:24 AM
So basically the preseason games were a waste.

Tourre was a lock from the start and deservedly so.

Aldrich was favored by Woodson barely even had to play and when he did what was needed...play tough, get boards.

And JR's brother.

Speaking of JR's brother, how can anyone seriously say something like this....

franchize
10-26-2013, 09:57 AM
I think he's just a signing bonus for JR's contract. Now if he's here come December or January, then I'd be worried. Outside of that, I wouldn't fuss too much lol. BTW, Shannon Brown is about to get cut after that Wizards/Suns trade. We were rumored to be interested in him damn near every offseason. He wouldn't be a bad pickup. I;m sure he'd have to clear waivers and all that. Additionally, I think Isaiah Canaan is going to get cut simply because there are far too many guards on Houston for him to ever get playing time.

I'm not sold on either Prigioni or Murry. Just a thought.

More importantly, we need another big. Amare and Bargnani are just atrocious on the boards and defensively. Cole Aldrich is decent but he's a stiff to me.

Rameek
10-26-2013, 02:01 PM
[QUOTE]Aldrich, a former lottery pick, survived the cut despite an up-and-down preseason, as did combo guard Toure

knickscity
10-26-2013, 04:06 PM
http://nypost.com/2013/10/25/knicks-make-surprise-cut-among-five/

The only baffling part is to keep Chris Smith. Leslie understood didnt show anything. Diogu short player. Aldrich a stiff. Josh Powell next to Murry has been the best. Powell could have played PF/C.

Franchize how can you not be sold or have an opinion on Pablo considering his body of work. Unless you meant another player.:biggums: :lol
I think he means someone else....Pablo has been nothing but good his time here.

Honestly i was sold the first time he played against Miami, they trapped multiple times and he didnt lose the ball.

Imo, the team wasted the preseason....the guys they picked were well known already as the choices.

franchize
10-26-2013, 09:17 PM
I refuse to start off this season arguing whether Pablo Prigioni is good or not. He averaged 3 points and 3 assists. That's why I'm not sold:oldlol: I liked Udrih in the preseason. He'd be my backup PG personally.

As for the guys who got cut, I have no complaints really. However, I like Powell more than Aldrich. He's versatile. He can play the 4 or 5. He's more athletic. But I do get why they kept Aldrich. He's a true center.

I've come to the conclusion that the biggest wild cards that will make or break the seaosn will be two fold.

1. Will Woody finally show Shumpert the confidence and respect he deserves or will he continue to be treated like a rookie.

2. Will Bargnani and Amare give us any consistent production or wil they be the oft injured, non defense playing disappointments they've been the past 2 seasons.

knickscity
10-27-2013, 06:58 AM
Beno cant run plays and doesnt defend....dude looked like trash in the preseason.

I can totally see why no one wanted him, although he did play well in orlando...they still had no issues letting him walk.

He should be fine as the third stringer or backup when felton gets traded.

el gringos
10-27-2013, 08:10 AM
when felton gets traded.
Damn I wish it was "when". It's prob not even an "if"

I can't see how Phoenix wants to hold onto dragic through their tank/rebuild. ESP when their coach says Bledsoe is a pg and they'll have to end up giving him a fairly big contract after the season.

Rameek
10-27-2013, 09:44 AM
A guard that averages 7 pts 1stl 1 asst 3 rbs must be a scrub too.

Funny enough I'm not so excited about the upcoming season.

The Knicks had a miracle start to the season that gave them a leg up and another run that made the season. Is this team capable of doing it again with the league getting significantly better than last year? The league was tremendously awful last year.

franchize
10-27-2013, 07:28 PM
I feel like this team did a little addition by subtraction. I don't think we maximized what we could get out of the offseason. That said, we lost a lot of bums and guys who didn't contribute due to injury. I'm mainly excited because I'm ready to see some basketball. **** football (see: my Jets make me sick). Floyd doesn't fight till May probably. Too cold for tennis.

knickscity
10-27-2013, 09:02 PM
My oldest son described the Knicks using his bike, and his friends bike in Babylon....

They both have R1's, his friend has upgraded the exhaust using slip ons.

My son has the full yoshi's, power commander v, ecu flashed, and his bike has been dyno tuned.

One bike is 180hp on the brake, the other is 170hp on the rear wheel.

If any of you guys know something about bikes, you know who is ready to rock.

They both improved, but one improved alot....one is the Knicks, the other is the rest of the other playoff teams.

el gringos
10-28-2013, 10:12 AM
I don't know shit about motorcycles, but the idea that so many other teams have improved so much more than the Knicks is overblown.

Carmelo not playing out of position is huge.

Adding a big that perfectly compliments Carmelo's game is huge.

8-15 of the roster is better and helps a little

Almost no chance the Knicks get less out of Amare

Knicks are still a top 4 ec team. (IMO only Chicago jumps them w rose and deng). Brooklyn is the slowest team in the league and with pierce and joe Johnson they'll have a hard time with anybody who has scorers at the 2 or 3

Rameek
10-28-2013, 12:33 PM
My oldest son described the Knicks using his bike, and his friends bike in Babylon....

They both have R1's, his friend has upgraded the exhaust using slip ons.

My son has the full yoshi's, power commander v, ecu flashed, and his bike has been dyno tuned.

One bike is 180hp on the brake, the other is 170hp on the rear wheel.

If any of you guys know something about bikes, you know who is ready to rock.

They both improved, but one improved alot....one is the Knicks, the other is the rest of the other playoff teams.
So I know your son must have upgraded his forks, rotors, calipers etc.... 170 at the wheel is incredible.

knickscity
10-29-2013, 07:30 PM
So I know your son must have upgraded his forks, rotors, calipers etc.... 170 at the wheel is incredible.
Absolutely, alot of work was put in, he only races now.

knickscity
10-29-2013, 07:32 PM
I don't know shit about motorcycles, but the idea that so many other teams have improved so much more than the Knicks is overblown.

Carmelo not playing out of position is huge.

Adding a big that perfectly compliments Carmelo's game is huge.

8-15 of the roster is better and helps a little

Almost no chance the Knicks get less out of Amare

Knicks are still a top 4 ec team. (IMO only Chicago jumps them w rose and deng). Brooklyn is the slowest team in the league and with pierce and joe Johnson they'll have a hard time with anybody who has scorers at the 2 or 3
Actually Woody is planning on running melo at the 4 tomorrow in the home opener.:roll:

Bargnani is not a good player, he only compliments melo because he's an even less efficient version.

I really dont have interest in who's better and stuff, I just know whom has improved.

We did, others improved more.

el gringos
10-29-2013, 08:32 PM
Actually Woody is planning on running melo at the 4 tomorrow in the home opener.:roll:

Bargnani is not a good player, he only compliments melo because he's an even less efficient version.

I really dont have interest in who's better and stuff, I just know whom has improved.

We did, others improved more.
Just because Woodson does something doesn't mean he is right. Woodson is the dumbest coach in the nba and will be the downfall of this team.

Woodson improperly uses Carmelo. But it's not like he's jut using Carmelo wrong. He also uses jr, Felton, chandler, and it looks like Bargnani wrong as well.

Scoooter
10-30-2013, 04:16 AM
My body is moistened and willing. Let's do this thing.

:bowdown: :bowdown:

bluechox2
10-30-2013, 07:09 AM
chicagos gonna kick our asses after the ass pounding they took yesterday

Rameek
10-30-2013, 10:03 AM
He rides it track and street or its dedicated track?

Absolutely, alot of work was put in, he only races now.

I doubt things are etched in stone. Just because he doesnt do what you want means he's the dumbest coach in the world. It does make some sense that MWP starts. MWP and Melo can be interchangeable on the offensive and defensive end based on the match ups. I still think things will be fluid until JR comes back. It's early season tinkering.

Just because Woodson does something doesn't mean he is right. Woodson is the dumbest coach in the nba and will be the downfall of this team.

Woodson improperly uses Carmelo. But it's not like he's jut using Carmelo wrong. He also uses jr, Felton, chandler, and it looks like Bargnani wrong as well.

knickscity
10-30-2013, 04:57 PM
Rameek, the bike isnt built for the street anymore, it's legal, but it's only race worthy now.

franchize
10-30-2013, 07:47 PM
All excitement went through the window. Starting Prigioni. Fast forward me to the end of the season lol Woodson is an idiot.

Scoooter
10-31-2013, 02:44 AM
Kind of a dud game to start the season with, but they did what they had to do.

Bulls tomorrow. Hopefully we'll see some Amar'e.

:cheers:

Sarcastic
10-31-2013, 07:21 AM
chicagos gonna kick our asses after the ass pounding they took yesterday

Clutch, is that you?

franchize
10-31-2013, 09:59 AM
OK Knickscity. You gonna start an official Knicks Season Thread now?

franchize
10-31-2013, 10:04 AM
My body is moistened and willing. Let's do this thing.

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Wait what? :wtf:

Clutch
10-31-2013, 12:58 PM
Knicks just can't get a win without any drama. :lol

Props to Tyson Chandler. :bowdown:
He played great. But he needs to do it in the playoffs and not stink it up like the previous 2 years.
Felton was also amazing.
Bargnani looks like trash but Hardaway Jr. is impressive. I think he should get more minutes as the season progresses.

Let's see if we can win in Chicago. They got raped by the Heat and their offense looked hideous. If we can play like we did in the 1st half against Milwaukee I think we have a very good chance at beating them.

Rameek
10-31-2013, 01:59 PM
Let's see if we can win in Chicago. They got raped by the Heat and their offense looked hideous. If we can play like we did in the 1st half against Milwaukee I think we have a very good chance at beating them.
The Bucks are devoid of NBA talent or a star. The Knicks would have to play significantly better to beat Chicago.

franchize
10-31-2013, 02:59 PM
That tech on Melo was absolutely ridiculous. I see they're starting early. He literally did nothing.

el gringos
10-31-2013, 03:22 PM
Knicks just can't get a win without any drama. :lol

Props to Tyson Chandler. :bowdown:
He played great. But he needs to do it in the playoffs and not stink it up like the previous 2 years.
Felton was also amazing.
Bargnani looks like trash but Hardaway Jr. is impressive. I think he should get more minutes as the season progresses.

Hardaway jr has been impressive. Much better than I thought he'd be at draft time. Should be able to be a rotation player on a good team which I didn't think he'd become.

He is actually the 3rd best gaurd on the team. Problem is with Woodson 3rd best puts him at 6th on the depth chart. It's crazy to think that between the 3 best gaurds on the team none of them will be a starting gaurd

Clutch
10-31-2013, 03:24 PM
That tech on Melo was absolutely ridiculous. I see they're starting early. He literally did nothing.
League is getting softer and softer every year. That delay of game rule is absolutely ridiculous.

ClutchOver9000
10-31-2013, 04:56 PM
Bargs sucked ass in the opener... he better step his game up tonight.

Felton was a blur last night... its as if he got even faster. Lost some extra weight maybe?

Prigs + Shump + Chandler = excellent job defensively, forcing steals, blocking shots

Hardaway Jr looked very fluid, smooth shooting stroke, looked comfortable playing in the big leagues, didnt look flustered at all.

W/ that said, it was the Bucks. Lets see how they do tonight...

knickscity
10-31-2013, 05:20 PM
OK Knickscity. You gonna start an official Knicks Season Thread now?
On it.:D

franchize
10-31-2013, 11:34 PM
League is getting softer and softer every year. That delay of game rule is absolutely ridiculous.
That and the travel after head fakes.