PDA

View Full Version : Rose's shooting form changed

Derivative
10-22-2013, 09:51 AM
Before he used to hold the ball closer to his face, and shot slower.

Now he holds his ball a little bit forward, and shoots more fluid and faster, it also seems to have a better arc now.

Anyways I like the new Rose, good jumpshot, still unreal speed and explosiveness.

HylianNightmare
10-22-2013, 09:53 AM
good hopefully he can lead the bulls to some success this year, they did very well last year without him but they could be a real threat this year

TheReturn
10-22-2013, 09:55 AM
I don't have the percentages, but I'm pretty sure he's been shooting the three pretty well.

BoutPractice
10-22-2013, 09:56 AM
Yeah, I noticed, and for the better too. This is very promising, a stronger, more fluid jumpshot will help tremendously with durability.

funnystuff
10-22-2013, 09:57 AM
I don't see how anyone can make claims on the guy given that its only preseason.

poido123
10-22-2013, 10:04 AM
I don't have the percentages, but I'm pretty sure he's been shooting the three pretty well.

8 / 15

53.3%

CeltsGarlic
10-22-2013, 10:08 AM
Yep, definitely changed in the right direction. Used to look somewhat forced and dirty. Now its more smooth.

TheReturn
10-22-2013, 10:13 AM
8 / 15

53.3%
:bowdown:

poido123
10-22-2013, 10:16 AM

He wasn't joking when he said he had been working hard on his jumpshot.

Rose with a jumpshot is unstoppable.

ripthekik
10-22-2013, 12:10 PM
He wasn't joking when he said he had been working hard on his jumpshot.

Rose with a jumpshot is unstoppable.
:applause: :applause: :applause:
his MVP season he had already improved his jumpshot, including his 3 by a lot. Now he does it again :applause:

MP.Trey
10-22-2013, 12:19 PM
I don't see how anyone can make claims on the guy given that its only preseason.
You can still point out what's changed about the man's style/game plan. It's been a year and a half since we've even seen the guy play.

rodman91
10-22-2013, 12:42 PM
He is better than ever... and he should be. He is Bulls offense.

FreezingTsmoove
10-22-2013, 01:25 PM
are you guys really praising pre season percentages :oldlol:

Flash31
10-22-2013, 03:46 PM
are you guys really praising pre season percentages :oldlol:

Hey J Jones is a beast,
8/12 from 3

But its preseason,
Who puts any thoughts into preseason
From the records,the Pacers look horrible
but rs will tell otherwise

Nobody besides the Bulls and Nets are going hard in preseason
Stats dont matter,people dont play hard,
come on

We talkin about preseason,not the regular season,not the playoffs,not a game 7,but preseason,even the d league stats count more,

Preseason stats,come on

Eric Cartman
10-22-2013, 03:48 PM
Hey J Jones is a beast,
8/12 from 3

Of course he is, always has been, just won't get any playing time on a stacked Heat team.

Unbiased_one
10-22-2013, 03:53 PM

how is 15 preseason shots any kind of argument? Like I have always said, the preseason is not a good way of analyzing players at all.

CavaliersFTW
10-22-2013, 04:05 PM
http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii482/miscgifz/brb-using-imagination-since-no-pics.png

kshutts1
10-22-2013, 04:07 PM
Preseason stats don't matter, but percentages should. Hoop is still 10 feet off the ground, eighteen inches in diameter, and it's still a game situation. None of that changes.

That said, 15 shots is not a statistically significant number.

Unbiased_one
10-22-2013, 04:16 PM
Preseason stats don't matter, but percentages should. Hoop is still 10 feet off the ground, eighteen inches in diameter, and it's still a game situation. None of that changes.

That said, 15 shots is not a statistically significant number.

There is a lot less defensive pressure during the preseason.

kshutts1
10-22-2013, 04:23 PM
There is a lot less defensive pressure during the preseason.
Based on what? Everyone out there still plays hard. If anyone has ever played pickup basketball and organized basketball.. you can't just turn off that "competitive" switch in your brain unless EVERYONE does (see: ASG).

Flash31
10-22-2013, 04:23 PM
Of course he is, always has been, just won't get any playing time on a stacked Heat team.

he actually might get playin time this year
especially with Spo trying to keep the big 3 healthy and rested and the older veteran role players more rest

It was said that theyre going to try to utilize him more
He can still shoot,and his size length can only help out
if anything another great shooter to space the floor and lessen the load

I kind of want to see him break Chalmers record of 10 3s in a game
James Jones with 30+ points,and player of the game Thatd be interseting to see

Le Shaqtus
10-22-2013, 04:27 PM
His jumper looks much more fluid than his pre injury jumper, I like it.

Flash31
10-22-2013, 04:29 PM
Based on what? Everyone out there still plays hard. If anyone has ever played pickup basketball and organized basketball.. you can't just turn off that "competitive" switch in your brain unless EVERYONE does (see: ASG).

Barely anybody plays hard in preseason barring people trying to make a team or trying to prove something

Look at for ex the way Bulls,Pacers,Grizz play rs game to teams like
SA,MIA,LAL
nowhere near the same

Teams can and do play harder certain games and situations(playoffs)
No team is going hard all day every day except the Bulls which is stupid

Look at the Heat during their 27 game win streak
they were constantly down at the start of 3rd,4th quarter
taking plays off,playing lax,not going hard all game
Cavs-Heat,Heat were down 27 and then still won
They would play lose,easy and then turn on the pressure
just look at the way they play rs games compared to playoffs,totally different

CavaliersFTW
10-22-2013, 04:36 PM
Wll someone at least post a f*cking link to some preseason highlights? 2 pages deep and not a single person has posted a link to demonstrate this 'changed' form.

CeltsGarlic
10-22-2013, 04:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX4vNJQKnMg

voila

CavaliersFTW
10-22-2013, 04:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX4vNJQKnMg

voila
Thanks, repped.

TheReturn
10-22-2013, 05:39 PM
Clearly 15 shots isn't a scientifically significant number, but it is encouraging, and with his changed form, that leads me to believe his shooting has improved. Whether that is true or not, time will tell. You guys are so eager to prove someone wrong or school someone. :facepalm

pegasus
10-22-2013, 05:45 PM
His mid-range was automatic in his second or third year but then it got worse when he tried to incorporate 3-point shooting into his game. Then that kinda went down hill when he started focusing on his FT's.

Hopefully he will be able to put it all together this year and reclaim the MVP title while being the best player in the league.

CeltsGarlic
10-22-2013, 05:48 PM
His mid-range was automatic in his second or third year but then it got worse when he tried to incorporate 3-point shooting into his game. Then that kinda went down hill when he started focusing on his FT's.

Hopefully he will be able to put it all together this year and reclaim the MVP title while being the best player in the league.

Thats quite a task, man.. Better start with being the best PG in eastern conference.

AintNoSunshine
10-22-2013, 10:43 PM
Don't mean to rain on your circle jerks, but he hasn't played a single real game yet

33teeth
10-22-2013, 11:03 PM
Travis Outlaw is shooting 54.5% on 3's and 53.6% overall so far this pre-season.

Rose is other-worldly in comparison to Outlaw, but the stats don't suggest it.

Maybe a small sample size in pre-season is meaningless?

The end.

Derivative
10-22-2013, 11:12 PM
i just said roses.shooting form changed.and it looks better than before

it had.nothing to.do with his shooting accuracy.and preseason stats, learn to read my original post

Pointguard
10-22-2013, 11:22 PM
The OP simply made a statement that Rose's shooting form changed. It obviously is much smoother, less arm more wrist with a softer touch and higher arc which usually does help your shot.

Then hater nation tried to add some crazy dimensions to it.

When Rose worked on his floater, and its one of the best in the league if not the best, we saw it in the preseason. A floater is one of the hardest shots to get down.

As far as pressure it isn't likely to work on a guy that had it all of his life. Since 10th grade on in state wide competitions, the college finals, arguably in the most clutch shots ever made in an NBA series in his rookie year where he was the best player in three wins... we seen his fts, 3point shot and floaters all improve over the years. What he works on usually sticks. But I hear you. Hater nation got to get in there somehow.

Le Shaqtus
10-22-2013, 11:25 PM
Clearly 15 shots isn't a scientifically significant number, but it is encouraging, and with his changed form, that leads me to believe his shooting has improved. Whether that is true or not, time will tell. You guys are so eager to prove someone wrong or school someone. :facepalm

Tell me about it, dude is a great player and he's so fun to watch, there's no good reason to hate on him. Coincidentally all of his haters are LeBron stans.

Go Getter
10-22-2013, 11:41 PM
Travis Outlaw is shooting 54.5% on 3's and 53.6% overall so far this pre-season.

Rose is other-worldly in comparison to Outlaw, but the stats don't suggest it.

Maybe a small sample size in pre-season is meaningless?

The end.

:facepalm

Meticode
10-22-2013, 11:43 PM
I'm not ready to say anyone is better at anything until they play a couple months at least in real games...

Go Getter
10-22-2013, 11:59 PM
I'm not ready to say anyone is better at anything until they play a couple months at least in real games...

His fans are thirsty. No way around that. I tend to agree with you and I think I see a considerable amount of rust and am on record as saying that I won't be able to evaluate fully until the 20 game mark.

The looks that he gets now are the looks he will be getting all season so I can feel the excitement my brethren are expressing.:banana: :banana: :banana:

Greg Oden 50
10-23-2013, 01:01 AM
Before he used to hold the ball closer to his face, and shot slower.

Now he holds his ball a little bit forward, and shoots more fluid and faster, it also seems to have a better arc now.

Anyways I like the new Rose, good jumpshot, still unreal speed and explosiveness.

ugly form :facepalm

Greg Oden 50
10-23-2013, 01:03 AM
good hopefully he can lead the bulls to some success this year, they did very well last year without him but they could be a real threat this year

I hopes he finally learn how to makes frEe throw in Clutch time moment :roll: