PDA

View Full Version : Which player gets the most criticism and is under appreciated?

The Iron Fist
10-22-2013, 09:52 PM
I'll go with

http://www.upscalehype.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/kobe-ring2.jpg

Now you can cry and moan all you want, but here, and in most sites, only Laker fans give Kobe props while the rest whine all day about all of his teammates, coaches, etc.

DaSeba5
10-22-2013, 09:58 PM
LeBron. His efficient play style where prefers to pass the ball to his teammates and run the offense is heavily criticized. As if it's wrong to pass over a tough shot for a better high percentage shot. People get too involved in the killer instinct talk. I think people hate him too much to respect his game. We should respect all great players.

The JKidd Kid
10-22-2013, 09:59 PM
Melo, D-Will, Rose, Rondo are all hated on a lot for mostly unjustified reasons.

Inferno
10-22-2013, 10:00 PM
Carmelo Anthony.

GrapeApe
10-22-2013, 10:02 PM
Chris Bosh in a landslide.

longtime lurker
10-22-2013, 10:03 PM
Rose, Melo, Westbrook and Bosh.

DaSeba5
10-22-2013, 10:04 PM
Chris Bosh is another good one. His defense is very underrated (although he struggled with Hibbert), and he's a efficient scorer. He struggled late in the playoffs, but he made up for it in other ways. He's the player everyone seems to ignore on the Heat.

OldSkoolball#52
10-22-2013, 10:07 PM
Rose, Melo, Westbrook and Bosh.

Overrated and deserve the criticisms.

red1
10-22-2013, 10:09 PM
OP, you are just awful

OldSkoolball#52
Altho the irony of the OPs post is that the real answer is "anyone who ever plays with Kobe"

97 bulls
Excellent choice. He and Gasol never get credit for their role on their respective teams

Flash31
10-22-2013, 10:11 PM

close but
Most criticized and underrated,unappreciated
Dwyane Wade period.

Look at his career stats,when he put up 30 and barely any mvp consideration
what he did in 2011 Finals,
what he did vs Ind in 2012
how he carried scrubs to playoffs
and is 2nd option on heat

Kobe may be hated,criticized at times but
he gets respect,LeBron,Melo too

Even Tony Parker who people left out,the media priclaimed him as a possible mvp

but d wade nada,nothing
doesnt matter how good he is
In 09 no D all first team,barely if any mvp consideration

The gm poll ranking Kevin Durant,Paul George,Curry as better sg

Hes the most hated,underappreciated,criticized star
every single year they say hes old,washed up doesnt have it since 09
and he proves them wrong and then next year they say it again and again

Nobody praised how Wade played with big 3,always criticized
and if he played good,no praise everybody just kept quiet waiting for a bad game to hate,criticize him

97 bulls
10-22-2013, 10:11 PM
LeBron. His efficient play style where prefers to pass the ball to his teammates and run the offense is heavily criticized. As if it's wrong to pass over a tough shot for a better high percentage shot. People get too involved in the killer instinct talk. I think people hate him too much to respect his game. We should respect all great players.
Id have to disagree. He gets more than his share of respect. Just by the fact that hes acknowledged as the face of the league by consensus.

I mean damn, you cant please everybody

The Iron Fist
10-22-2013, 10:12 PM
OP, you are just awful
Can't be that bad, you're always on my d1ck.

DaSeba5
10-22-2013, 10:13 PM
Id have to disagree. He gets more than his share of respect. Just by the fact that hes acknowledged as the face of the league by consensus.

I mean damn, you cant please everybody

He does by the media, but most people that I see dislike him too much for the off the court stuff (the Decision) and the flopping to respect his game. People spend a lot of time laughing at his failure and don't just his enjoy his game.

OldSkoolball#52
10-22-2013, 10:15 PM
He does by the media, but most people I see dislike him too much for the off the court stuff and the flopping to respect his game.

People who feel negatively about something are always more vocal than people who feel positively, which often tends to skew impressions.

I think if you polled this board or the entire country on the games best player, Lebron would win handily and consistently in just about every scenario.

SamuraiSWISH
10-22-2013, 10:16 PM
:oldlol:

DaSeba5
10-22-2013, 10:16 PM
People who feel negatively about something are always more vocal than people who feel positively, which often tends to skew impressions.

I think if you polled this board or the entire country on the games best player, Lebron would win handily and consistently in just about every scenario.

He's probably a bad choice for this thread, but I just feel some people are too negative of him just to respect his game. Bosh for me is the better answer.

97 bulls
10-22-2013, 10:18 PM
close but
Most criticized and underrated,unappreciated
Dwyane Wade period.

Look at his career stats,when he put up 30 and barely any mvp consideration
what he did in 2011 Finals,
what he did vs Ind in 2012
how he carried scrubs to playoffs
and is 2nd option on heat

Kobe may be hated,criticized at times but
he gets respect,LeBron,Melo too

Even Tony Parker who people left out,the media priclaimed him as a possible mvp

but d wade nada,nothing
doesnt matter how good he is
In 09 no D all first team,barely if any mvp consideration

The gm poll ranking Kevin Durant,Paul George,Curry as better sg

Hes the most hated,underappreciated,criticized star
every single year they say hes old,washed up doesnt have it since 09
and he proves them wrong and then next year they say it again and again

Nobody praised how Wade played with big 3,always criticized
and if he played good,no praise everybody just kept quiet waiting for a bad game to hate,criticize him
Oh please. Wade is living off of one great season (09) and one great championship Finals (06) and that wss four games. Why should he get credit for leading a 47 win team that wasnt that bad? In an incredibly weak conference no less.

When he fails, it always attributed to an injury.

Every other day I read some Wade fan posting about how monumental that 09 run was.

Legends66NBA7
10-22-2013, 10:19 PM
Interesting question, but a tough answer.

So far, none of the players that have been mentioned in this thread get the most criticism while be under appreciated.

DaSeba5
10-22-2013, 10:21 PM
Sorry if I came off as a LeBron stan here, I just think people get too caught up in the media crap and all the negativity to just enjoy his game.

Anyways, I would also say Melo. He has his faults, but he's still an elite scorer in this league.

97 bulls
10-22-2013, 10:24 PM
Id say historically, its Scottie Pippen. He never gets credit for his role on the Bulls. His naysayers never allow him to live down the migarane and that fateful decision to sit out that last play vs the Knicks.

Some insane people knock him for not leading the Bulls to a championship in 94. Or the Blazers in 00. Even though he was 35.

OldSkoolball#52
10-22-2013, 10:33 PM
Id say historically, its Scottie Pippen. He never gets credit for his role on the Bulls. His naysayers never allow him to live down the migarane and that fateful decision to sit out that last play vs the Knicks.

Some insane people knock him for not leading the Bulls to a championship in 94. Or the Blazers in 00. Even though he was 35.

His meat size certainly seems to be universally revered :confusedshrug:

miller-time
10-22-2013, 10:40 PM
Now you can cry and moan all you want, but here, and in most sites, only Laker fans give Kobe props while the rest whine all day about all of his teammates, coaches, etc.

The problem with Kobe is that he also gets a lot of undue praise and over appreciation. Most of his criticism probably stems from that. If people say this guy is the GOAT (which he isn't) then people are going to be overly critical in response. I think Kobe stans are doing this guy a disservice really.

SamuraiSWISH
10-22-2013, 10:48 PM

KyleKong
10-22-2013, 10:49 PM
Chris Bosh's 2 offensive rebounds saved the Heat before LeBron and Allen did.

Young X
10-22-2013, 10:53 PM
Iverson

RR#9
10-22-2013, 10:56 PM
Chris Bosh, definitely. Also Melo and Rondo.

I<3NBA
10-22-2013, 11:02 PM
Altho the irony of the OPs post is that the real answer is "anyone who ever plays with Kobe"
this

Yao Ming's Foot
10-22-2013, 11:07 PM
The wing player who is likely to retire with the most all defensive teams of all time, most assists of all time from a non point guard and with the most championships of his generation still gets criticism for his defense, passing and unwillingness to play for the benefit of the team.

It's like criticizing Bill Gates for being broke and stingy.

:confusedshrug:

97 bulls
10-22-2013, 11:14 PM
I think any player in general thats not the best player on their respective team is underappreciated. Especially on this forum. And this is disturbing to me. Ive never seen fans of teams go out of their way to degrade everyone on that team to prop one

Graviton
10-22-2013, 11:16 PM
I think any player in general thats not the best player on their respective team is underappreciated. Especially on this forum. And this is disturbing to me. Ive never seen fans of teams go out of their way to degrade everyone on that team to prop one
Except Boozer and Perkins, those 2 deserve all the hate in the world.

SamuraiSWISH
10-22-2013, 11:19 PM
The wing player who is likely to retire with the most all defensive teams of all time, most assists of all time from a non point guard and with the most championships of his generation still gets criticism for his defense, passing and unwillingness to play for the benefit of the team.

It's like criticizing Bill Gates for being broke and stingy.

:confusedshrug:

All these Kobe stans (Yao Ming's Foot), LeBron stans (SeaBas), and odd Pippen stans ('97 bulls) coming out the wood work to knob slob their perfectly respect, adored, and worshipped players.

Only legit answer in this thread I've seen thus far is Young X dropping Iverson's name.

DaSeba5
10-22-2013, 11:34 PM

All these Kobe stans (Yao Ming's Foot), LeBron stans (SeaBas), and odd Pippen stans ('97 bulls) coming out the wood work to knob slob their perfectly respect, adored, and worshipped players.

Only legit answer in this thread I've seen thus far is Young X dropping Iverson's name.

I'm not a LeBron stan. It wasn't a good answer for this thread. I was just saying people get too caught up in the media and the negativity, and just don't enjoy him as a player. I already said Bosh would be a better answer from me.

And you shouldn't be calling people stans when you are all over Jordan's nuts 24/7

97 bulls
10-22-2013, 11:35 PM
You laugh but youre one of the worse ones. Thank God I was able to actually see the 90s Bulls. And therefore am able to appreciate the contributions of Pippen, Rodman, Grant, Kukoc, etc.

Yao Ming's Foot
10-22-2013, 11:38 PM

Attacking the messenger isn't making a point. :confusedshrug:

Legends66NBA7
10-22-2013, 11:40 PM
I was just saying people get too caught up in the media and the negativity, and just don't enjoy him as a player. I already said Bosh would be a better answer from me.

I think your looking at the ISH haters too much. Despite all the negativity, James is still appreciated very much today while enjoying the player. He's not perfect and has flaws, so does every other great player.

If Bosh is under appreciated, I don't really see what's there to appreciated outside of empty numbers on a bad team, a player who under performs in key games, but yet get a lot of praise for being a star. His character off court is also nothing to appreciate either.

DaSeba5
10-22-2013, 11:43 PM
I think your looking at the ISH haters too much. Despite all the negativity, James is still appreciated very much today while enjoying the player. He's not perfect and his flaws, so does every other great player.

If Bosh is under appreciated, I don't really see what's there to appreciated outside of empty numbers on a bad team, a player who under performs in key games, but yet get a lot of praise for being a star. His character off court is also nothing appreciate either.

Yah I am. My fault here.

Ai2death
10-22-2013, 11:49 PM
He does by the media, but most people that I see dislike him too much for the off the court stuff (the Decision) and the flopping to respect his game. People spend a lot of time laughing at his failure and don't just his enjoy his game.

Bolded is exactly why I don't respect his game.
Yes I realize other stars, such as Chris Paul flop.
But then again Chris Paul isn't 6'8 and built like a tank.
Not saying I respect his game either however.

SamuraiSWISH
10-23-2013, 12:07 AM
Attacking the messenger isn't making a point. :confusedshrug:
You don't have a point. Kobe is held in high regards everywhere. On the internet? Worshipped like the false basketball idol.

Your point is full of "woe is me" Kobe fandom emo bull shit. Kobe gets plenty of praise. In some cases undeservingly so.

He has "5 rings" even though he got carried in 2000, was unquestionable a Pippen sidekick in 2000 and 2002, albeit with more impressive numbers.

He's praised for his longevity, guy has played 2 seasons longer, 4 actually when considering injury and 17 game '95 season than Jordan yet STILL hasn't passed his all-time totals. Kobe stans claim he's GOAT.

Get's overrated consistently for his defense. He played maybe 5 or 6 seasons max of actual consistent elite defense. The rest he glided on by lazily with his reputation.

And his stans continually throw him up onto MJ and LeBron's level individually, in terms of production, context, or performances. All un-deserving.

When the honest is truth is that apart from longevity, he didn't play on a consistent level better than even his contemporary Dwyane Wade at his very best. Which is why Kobe stans can't stand Wade, and continually try to dog him.

Kobe on ISH gets worshipped by a god by stupid fanboys. To the point they literally make threads about how good looking he is ...

Kobe outside of ISH? He gets the appropriate amount of respect. An all-time great, cover band version of Jordan.

Yao Ming's Foot
10-23-2013, 12:19 AM
You don't have a point. Kobe is held in high regards everywhere. On the internet? Worshipped like the false basketball idol.

Your point is full of "woe is me" Kobe fandom emo bull shit. Kobe gets plenty of praise. In some cases undeservingly so.

He has "5 rings" even though he got carried in 2000, was unquestionable a Pippen sidekick in 2000 and 2002, albeit with more impressive numbers.

He's praised for his longevity, guy has played 2 seasons longer, 4 actually when considering injury and 17 game '95 season than Jordan yet STILL hasn't passed his all-time totals. Kobe stans claim he's GOAT.

Get's overrated consistently for his defense. He played maybe 5 or 6 seasons max of actual consistent elite defense. The rest he glided on by lazily with his reputation.

And his stans continually throw him up onto MJ and LeBron's level individually, in terms of production, context, or performances. All un-deserving.

When the honest is truth is that apart from longevity, he didn't play on a consistent level better than even his contemporary Dwyane Wade at his very best. Which is why Kobe stans can't stand Wade, and continually try to dog him.

Kobe on ISH gets worshipped by a god by stupid fanboys. To the point they literally make threads about how good looking he is ...

Kobe outside of ISH? He gets the appropriate amount of respect. An all-time great, cover band version of Jordan.

Good job proving Kobe doesn't receive a lot of criticism by writing an essay criticizing him.

:facepalm

SamuraiSWISH
10-23-2013, 12:24 AM
You laugh but youre one of the worse ones. Thank God I was able to actually see the 90s Bulls. And therefore am able to appreciate the contributions of Pippen, Rodman, Grant, Kukoc, etc.
The worst ones for what? I saw Pippen, and I watched the 90's Bulls. In completion too. From start of the decade, until the time when they went their separate ways.

We all saw the 90's Bulls. We don't all agree Pippen gets the most criticism, either. What do you mean by the worst ones?

People make an effort to prop Pippen up all the time. He isn't forgotten or disrespected. He gets what he deserves.

Yao Ming Foot,

The point was Kobe gets undue praise and undue critcism by his haters. Like the people who say the 2009 and 2010 Lakers were Gasol's team. It's balanced out between the stans and haters.

All I gave you what was the actual truth of the matter. Not criticism. Get your Kobe jammies out of your asshole and stop being so defensive of your boy.

:biggums:

Yao Ming's Foot
10-23-2013, 12:32 AM
Yao Ming Foot,

The point was Kobe gets undue praise and undue critcism by his haters. Like the people who say the 2009 and 2010 Lakers were Gasol's team. It's balanced out between the stans and haters.

All I gave you what was the actual truth of the matter. Not criticism. Get your Kobe jammies out of your asshole and stop being so defensive of your boy.

:biggums:

People are so critical and unappreciative of Kobe Bryant that they can't even admit it when they criticize him.

SamuraiSWISH
10-23-2013, 12:34 AM
People are so critical and unappreciative of Kobe Bryant that they can't even admit it when they criticize him.

LOL please tell me you're trolling.

I have Kobe in the top ten, 2nd greatest SG of all-time. Any educated fan should come to this realization.

He's not being overly critiqued or nitpicked for anything by myself.

Yao Ming's Foot
10-23-2013, 12:42 AM
LOL please tell me you're trolling.

I have Kobe in the top ten, 2nd greatest SG of all-time. Any educated fan should come to this realization.

He's not being overly critiqued or nitpicked for anything by myself.

I have Jordan ranked higher than that and I criticize him and his opposition often.. You apparently don't know what the word means.

secund2nun
10-23-2013, 12:48 AM
Paul Gasol, Dwight Howard......and Also Noah- he doesn't get criticism but he is under appreciated. The list is dominated by centers whose impact on the game is not appreciated by most bball fans.

hitman24
10-23-2013, 12:53 AM
Carmelo Anthony.

This. By far.